This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final 1

Topic » Best of TSC 2020 - Semi-Final..

1191 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
30) COY - "Promises"

Submitted by DanielKennedy111, finished 6th in TSC 381
1191 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST!

Voting is different for Best Of! Instead of 12, 10, 8-1, your points must now be 20, 15, 12, 10, 8-1, therefore being your top 12. As well as this, you must also send your 13th-15th place, in the event of non-voters.

You must vote and comment (post your comments in this thread), failure to do so will lead to disqualification. Anyone else is invited to vote but not obligated to do so.

Votes and comments are due next Sunday, 24th January at 7pm GMT / 2pm EST.
1191 days 12 hours ago
Alexeh23
NOTE: the top 14 will qualify to the final.
1190 days 13 hours ago
Eoin
Comments
1190 days 12 hours ago
varlto
01) Yaseniya: alexeh claramente no tuvo la idea de enviar esta canción, le robó la idea a mercy 100%. en fin la canción está muy bien etc etc me gusta mucho x
02) The Honest Vocal Coach: queen!
03) LIZOT: la canción que más ha progresado para mi en este año, pasé de encontrarla muy meh a adorarla
04) Jackie Castro: por qué no me acordaba de esta canción? menudo temazo madre mia!
05) mxmtoon: otra cancion que no recordaba sjoadjasjo si es que soy un desastre!!! la verdad que esta me gusta mucho!! a lo mejor es porque estoy en un mood un poco triste pero bueno, me parece muy cuca<3
06) Bree Runway: oye pues ni tan mal!!!!
07) Sasha Lopez: la aprecio por lo que es, pero sinceramente nunca he podido conectar con esta cancion
08) Cobi: por qué me recuerda a javi ambrossi JSAODAOJ es que me meo en fin la cancion esta bien sin mas
09) Weird Genius: es la tipica cancion epica no?? la verdad que esta bien :)
10) Kazka: TEMAZO!!
11) St. Vincent: es bonita<3
12) Izzy Bizu: sinceramente temazo la subestimé muy mucho
13) Grimes & i_o: tengo miedito!!:)
14) Julianna Karaulova: mala y aburrida
15) Kiesza: lo siento pero kiesza no me gusta res de res
16) BVNDIT: no me termina!
17) renforshort: temazo ugh
18) Zoe Wees: peteeeee este es un señor temazo!
19) Ulrikke Brandstorp: tia ulrikke qué horrible
20) CXLOE: me parece demasiado electrónica la voz, no sé, no me gusta
21) Manal: 360 outsold pero temazo de todas fromas
22) Holly Humberstone: reina perroflautica te quiero me oyes?
23) Ana Guerra: best of 2020 o best of la mierda??? es que es para pensarlo e
24) Dua Lipa: darbe te quiero pero... no
25) Ariana and the Rose: penny! has enviado muchas canciones mejores!!!! por qué esta ;( que en verdad es un temazo e no me quejo
26) Cookiee Kawaii: jijiji
27) Zivert: DILO MI NIÑA ROBADA
28) The Chainsmokers: temazo!! aunque daniel no tenga gusto de vez en cuando nos sorprende >:)
29) Winona Oak: el temazo del año si lo digo
30) COY: temon temon temon
1188 days 14 hours ago
MISSimogen
01) Yaseniya - i literally do not remember this at all.. what the f*ck. its still not leaving any impression on me here.. i dislike her voice and i hate the whole arrangement.
02) The Honest Vocal Coach - robbed queen and theres not much else to say
03) LIZOT - yeah... when we talk abt best of 2020 we're talkin abt this. i cant even lie it just is GOOD. that chorus still goes off.
04) Jackie Castro - ......this is like so shocking bc i dnt remember this at all do i have amnesia or what...? it does pick up at the pre chorus but its nothing jaw dropping... OH HOLD AWN THAT CHORUS YESSSS I REMEMBER THIS QUEEN .. YUP I DO... i take back everything i said.. queen.
05) mxmtoon - yeah shes gorgeous actually i remember rly enjoying this and its still such a pretty song.
06) Bree Runway - bree runway is an absolute queen and is coming out of 2020 one of my fave artists but this was never my fav of hers.. the chorus just gives me pure laziness and its awfully repetitive. the verses tho are quite gorg though but thats about it. 
07) Sasha Lopez - the violins are a bit of a gorg touch. but thats about it. im not left gagging as much as i want to be.
08) Cobi - yeah another one that is going straight over my head tht i dnt remember considering it got SECOND?..... awful
09) Weird Genius - not rly a fan of this... i thought this was a place for legends clearly not.. very noisy
10) Kazka - this ones okay.. gorg visuals. but not best of 2020 thats for sure.
11) St. Vincent - queen i still rly like this. its so understated its beautiful.
12) Izzy Bizu - i feel like ppl rly over-hype this. its grown on me a lot more tho its quite stun but def doesnt deserve ALL the hype it gets.
13) Grimes & i_o - literally gorgeous it deserved to win tht contest and thats all im going to say.
14) Julianna Karaulova - oh hell naw.. this is just not a bit of me at all. the boing boing noises r annoying
15) Kiesza - yeah i like this shes a queen and i still enjoy this to this day. a nice feel good song.
16) BVNDIT - just not a huge fan tbh
17) renforshort - i dnt rly enjoy her shes too edgy quirky girl i hate the voice
18) Zoe Wees - gorgeous voice.. so powerful... mm wow
19) Ulrikke Brandstorp - nah friggin HORRID.
20) CXLOE - yeah this queen.. gorgeous song.. finally we have some all star entries.
21) Manal - nah this was a lot of noise.. not enjoyable at all
22) Holly Humberstone - still as gorgeous as ever.
23) Ana Guerra - nah this is not good
24) Dua Lipa - this is okay im still not a huge fan of dua.. i think future nostalgia wasnt even all tht. and what?
25) Ariana and the Rose - i said this was the first song to give me goosebumps in tsc .. its just so GORGEOUS.. still rly pretty. sometimes it comes up when i shuffle my 2020 playlist.. yeah it just feels right
26) Cookiee Kawaii - hell naw.. love the upgrade to the visuals tho <3
27) Zivert - its actually rly cute its giving me vaporwave tease which i enjoy.
28) The Chainsmokers - vile theres a reason it placed so badly.
29) Winona Oak - still not over this song being snatched off me.. its .. just.. so.. beautiful.. the progression is just IT.
30) COY - i do actually love this. i wanted to send it.. its just so GOOD
1187 days 1 hour ago
Aquamarine
01) Yaseniya - I recall not feeling any sort of way about this song the first time. I think I still feel that way. It's very bleh.
02) The Honest Vocal Coach - I have to question how this was even eligible and why this was chosen to be sent. Ya know?
03) LIZOT - Yeah this was kind of a banger huh. I probably should have added this to a playlist at some point. I enjoy this.
04) Jackie Castro - This song was entirely forgettable the first time since I don't even remember it ever being sent and it was right after the bibbles contest. This was very who cares.
05) mxmtoon - I can really tell if I liked the song based on who it was sent by the first time. Pooh and I never really had our tastes align. This is alright now but I can't imagine I'll remember it by the end.
06) Bree Runway - Absolutely yes. This is iconic. We stan. I don't remember how I felt about this the first time but I'm only here for the fun music.
07) Sasha Lopez - REALLY FELIX? YOU PLAYED? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW LOL. Mess. Boring song. No.
08) Cobi - Talk about artists I never had to hear again...this Hozier wannabe. Kill it off, never need to see it again.
09) Weird Genius - I feel like I liked this more the first time I heard it...maybe it was because it was in a weak week. I think the instrumental portion pops off hard but that's not enough to carry it.
10) Kazka - This really wasn't for me the first time and it's not for me the second time either!
11) St. Vincent - I had already taken a sleeping pill and goddamn was this boring and who the hell cares
12) Izzy Bizu - Ah yes, I remember this winning and its one of those songs thats just pleasant enough to me and I can't really remember it 5 seconds after it plays but its a vibe I guess.
13) Grimes & i_o - Â̷̧̧͉̪̦̘̞̤̯̺̦̻̮̝̅͆̍͆͊̆͠n̷̨̡̛̗̼͉͔̻̳̠̫̣̅̽̓̂̐̑̅̏͒̽͂͛̂͜d̵̛̼͚̞̠̤́͑̿͐̓̐͐̂͘ ̶͍̝͒̾̀I̵̡̛̼̟̖̝̱̝͇̦̐̍̇͒͒̕ ̵̨̘̲͖͈͙̀̋̔́̽ļ̵̺͛̄̀̏̈́̽̂͛̕͝ì̷̢͓̬̱̟̺͉̺̟̮̳͎̩̈́̃͂̆͜ͅk̵̢̡̛͚̦̝̣̥͕̗͇̟̥̊̈́̇̇͂ẻ̷̢͎̩̹̺͖̻̼̌͝ ̸̦̥̥̫̣͈̟̺̬̖̥̤̫͍̭͐̄̓͝͝i̴̛̲̫͕̟͍͎͌̽̐͒̄̋̈́̃̐͗̇ṭ̶̡̦̊̓͌̍ ̸̢͖̲͚̜̗͕̙͖̩̩̥̘̀́̋́̆̌̇̓͑͜͝ͅl̶̛͚̓̒̈̾̓̿̏͝ĭ̷̧̨̜̺̪̿͐̀͂̕k̸̨̳͚͍̣̥̞̝̽͛͌̓̋̅̃̍͜ę̷̭̮̻̯̮̖̟̹̐̄ ̴̻͓̹̹̈́̍̓̾̐̎̑͠͝ţ̵̤̻̫̀h̶̨͚͙͚̪̩̫̗̮̙̻͕͛̌̅̀͂͆͆͊̓̇͆͝ͅa̸̪͚̭̞̰͗̉̈́̓̿͑̚t̴̹̰̜͌̈͝,̸̧̬̫͖̘͍͍̮͎̯͈͕̦̦̌̀͋͜ ̷̧̛̩͓̲̙͓̂ą̷̳̬̻͖̈́̓͒̂̔̀̅̊̾̋͘͠n̴̢͇̰͑̿͌̀̄̏̐́͆̃́͘͝d̶̮̽͛̍̄̀̄̓̐̎̿͠ ̶̫͒͝Í̵̥̓ ̸͈̎̇̽̃̈́̚l̵̟͉̜̫̤̮̠͍̾̈́͋̔̅͂̈́̾̊͌͋͘͝ͅį̸̛͉͈̬̠̬̘͍̬͔̇̿̑̃̈͗͌͘̚k̶̨̡̲͇̤̝̘̳͔̅͂͊͆́̆͆͘͠͠ȩ̶̗̠̰͈̮̣͍̥̯͇̫̳͌͆͐́̆͂̿̑͗̓͊͒̚̕ ̷̢͎̹̥̖̈́̏̋̒̍̏̆̈́̃̾̀͜i̴̛̯̥͚̼͈̗̳̐̆̏̽͒̀̈́̒̆͌͆͐͝t̶̬̽̿̈ ̴̢͚͉͍̮̙̬̼̰̖̑̋͒̉̀͒̓̈́̈̋͝͝l̷̛̹͓̯̱̰̹̱͍̻͇̼̆i̶̢͖̣͚͉̜̲͚̫͇̥̘̓̐̿̎ḱ̸̩͍̣͙̥̕ȩ̴͓̻̾̿͘ ̵̦̗̼͇͈̖͓̭̗͔̠̲̳̭̇̏̀t̶͔̑ḩ̶̲̠̭̺̪͙͕͓́ͅȧ̸̡̼͕̹̻͈̮͚̼͈̻̥̤̝̲̅t̴̙̖̄̌̐̂̇͛̿̓͗
14) Julianna Karaulova - I really don't remember this all that well but I'm here for this this time around. The background sounds like something about a video game sequence.
15) Kiesza - Another song I don't really know how I felt about the first time but I think I enjoy it more this time? That's not saying much. It's vaguely pleasant but there's a lot of strong entries.
16) BVNDIT - This was fine I guess. It's tough because there are a lot of entries I like here and that's why I decided to vote I guess! It's decent.
17) renforshort - I think I didn't hate this the first time but now it feels grating to me and dated already and I can't explain it more than that.
18) Zoe Wees - Ya know, I didn't even know I needed this entered but goddamn I remember and her voice. Absolutely killed it.
19) Ulrikke Brandstorp - I don't even remember this because it was just so mediocre I didn't feel anything to remember it by. Its fine I guess. Comparatively bad.
20) CXLOE - Honestly if I did a countdown of TSC songs from last year this would have been on it, despite it not making my Top 50 of the year. Good song.
21) Manal - This kind of pops off hard but the song as a whole just isn't good for me. I can't explain it. Maybe will warrant a few points. We'll see.
22) Holly Humberstone - HOW ON EARTH DID THIS GET 5TH WHO CARES
23) Ana Guerra - Wasnt this in either a foreign language contest or something else i remember it being slotted next to ohter spanish songs and it wasnt good then nor is it now.
24) Dua Lipa - Ok to be FAIR this song is fine on its own but like I always said had no place in TSC and still doesnt. Glad I came back to 0 Dua Lipa into the ground even though she was my #1 song of 2020.
25) Ariana and the Rose - This song was always one I felt conflicted on I think. At least I do now. It doesn't really...serve any purpose for me in this contest. It's just whatever.
26) Cookiee Kawaii - LMFAO THE FACT THAT TOLIS SENT THIS AGAIN I AM FUCKING CACKLING. This deserves a sympathy point.
27) Zivert - I do not believe I liked this the first time, but if I did I was either deaf or on crack because it aint good.
28) The Chainsmokers - Fuck outta here with The Chainsmokers
29) Winona Oak - I still resent Winona Oak in TSC because it was such a runaway win but this song is pleasant and nice I guess. It's not my first choice but I wouldn't hate it doing well.
30) COY - Oh duh, I came here for this song alone. This was my #2 song OF ALL MUSIC in 2020, not just in this contest. Absolute banger of a song. Iconic. They need more music.
1186 days 22 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. Kind of a bop. I was vibing along
2. *elegantly twerks* TSC proved it had no taste when this didn't qualify. We love the TSC rising star nominee. Queen! https://ibb.co/8sYQc46
3. Such a bop! This gives me so much life!
4. Not really keen on her voice
5. Digging the sound of this. It's really nice
6. Not usually my sort of thing but I really enjoyed this!
7. Certainly went off! Bop!
8. Quite good. Reminds me of a singer who I can't remember their name (sad times)
9. I absolutely love the avant garde beat drop
10. It's alright. Don't know how it will hold up against the rest though
11. Grew on me as it went along. Quite good
12. Has a cool vibe to it. I dig it
13. This has really grown on me since its contest. Bop!
14. I love songs like this!
15. It's alright but her music never makes me go wild in the aisle over it
16. Kind of goes off! Bop!
17. Really enjoyed this. The chorus is very catchy
18. It's fine. Don't think I'll return though
19. Quite catchy
20. Forgot how much of a bop this is!
21. Wanted this to pop off more. Felt almost one note
22. Doesn't really do anything for me
23. Not really my cup of tea
24. Dula Peep released another bop? Shocking!
25. Another bop from TSC that I had forgotten about!
26. Lowkey kind of a bop
27. Really digging the 80s sound to this
28. Why?
29. Queen! Another great song from her!
30. Not sure why I don't remember this but it is a bop!
1186 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
01) Yaseniya - BOOT - This did not leave a super lasting impression on me unfortunately, the first time I listened to it, I was kinda shook because it has some unique elements to it but those elements don't really hold up for me now.

02) The Honest Vocal Coach - BOOT - Honestly, she needs a vocal coach.

03) LIZOT - TOOT - A solid dance track, achieves everything it should, would be a lovely pre-drinks song, I've listened to this a decent bit and it holds up fairly well.

04) Jackie Castro - TOOT - For some reason the chorus is very catchy, other than that it's very eh.

05) mxmtoon - TOOT - I can't say I remember this that well, but it's truly stunning, really beautiful actually. It makes me feel soft.

06) Bree Runway - BOOT - Not for me sorry, a little too hard.

07) Sasha Lopez - BOOT - Yeah I did not love this, definitely some interesting elements to it, but I don't plan to put it on repeat.

08) Cobi - BOOT - I understand why it did well in Bibbles week, but I just wanted a bit more of a more modern production and drop, it did incorporate that somewhat but I wanted like a huge drop which it didn't deliver, just personal preference.

09) Weird Genius - BOOT - Wow, this really did age like milk, yikes, very much a headache for me.

10) Kazka - BOOT - I'm not gagging, just okay, does its job and not much more, very meh.

11) St. Vincent - TOOT - Very cute and a nice change of pace, again, it isn't changing the world but it is very sweet.

12) Izzy Bizu - TOOT - I never loved this, I just liked it, and that has not changed. It's a very well made song with great vocals, but it isn't the most catchy for me, nor was I adding it to any playlists.

13) Grimes & i_o - BOOT - Never liked this at all, just a clusterfuck.

14) Julianna Karaulova - BOOT - I don't remember this, it has a very weird drop that I don't think I like.

15) Kiesza - TOOT - Pop perfection, does a great job at merging the 80s style trend with classic pop, very catchy. I love it!

16) BVNDIT - TOOT - One of the KPOP songs that stood out to me this year actually, KPOP isn't my style but I appreciate this.

17) renforshort - BOOT - Again, a song that isn't quite my style and not something I would listen to, although it sounds like something that should have did better than it did so I hope it gets a redemption.

18) Zoe Wees - BOOT - I really liked this at the time, but it has lost its effect on me, a really strong voice wasted on a mediocre ballad.

19) Ulrikke Brandstorp - BOOT - She does not have a voice for a song this big and it shows, very underwhelming.

20) CXLOE - TOOT - This is solid, Labrinth was robbed, a nice drop, nothing I have fallen in love with but it still holds up.

21) Manal - BOOT - Yeah she threw everything at that song and more, it was just far too much and yeah it sounded...woeful.

22) Holly Humberstone - BOOT - Oh you had so many songs in my top 50, this was not one, it bores me.

23) Ana Guerra - BOOT - Eh, very wannabe great but it's just mediocre. Like, nothing stands out to be excellent in this.

24) Dua Lipa - TOOT - Honestly, aged poorly and its one of the worst songs on that album, but...still a bop.

25) Ariana and the Rose - SHOOT - This won my TSC 2020 rankings, I just think it is superb, pure art. I stan.

26) Cookiee Kawaii - BOOT - NOW! This is not what I call music!

27) Zivert - BOOT - Not loving it in all honesty, her voice just is a bit harsh for me and the song itself isn't super catchy or anything so it just doesn't wow me.

28) The Chainsmokers - BOOT - I hate you so much Daniel.

29) Winona Oak - TOOT - A very strong song, which is my pick to win the whole of Best Of, really catchy, really great voice.

30) COY - TOOT - This is fine, catchy and on trend, I can't say it does much else aside from being great at being basic, but I'm basic so who's judging!
1185 days 23 hours ago
Darbe
In my comments I’ve mentioned how many points I gave the song in its original contest.

1. Yaseniya (8 points in 398) - Brilliant rising ethnic instrumentation which explodes in an awesome drop. An intense yet enjoyable listen, although it can be easy to disconnect with her singing style at times.
2. The Honest Vocal Coach (NQ in 388) - She’s a nice lady but I’m honestly not a fan of the way she sings which is probably quite ironic.
3. LIZOT (0 points in 388) - This is a good deep house song with a fun concept. It sounds similar to ‘Breathe’ but I think the execution is stronger here.
4. Jackie Castro (0 points in 401) - A pretty electro-pop track. Its simplicity is both its strength and its weakness.
5. mxmtoon (10 points in 382) - This track manages to sound both melancholic and heart-warming simultaneously. Its very summery and soothing melodically, but also lyrically inspiring.
6. Bree Runway (0 points in 386) - This style of 90s influenced hip-hop has somewhat grown on me over the last year so I can appreciate this more than I did in TSC 386. It reminds me a bit of Missy Elliott, exuding a lot of attitude and her rapping style is full of personality, although the hook can get repetitive.
7. Sasha Lopez (12 points in 393) - This has an amazing ethnic drop which definitely stands out and carries the track. The rest of the song is very bleh, so I think the repetitive structure really holds this back.
8. Cobi (1 point in 400) - This is a good gospel-rock song with some badass subtle electric guitar moments which I love.
9. Weird Genius (0 points in 401) - This is very messy ride, with a decent build and an awesome demonic-sounding chorus, followed by an extremely chaotic drop (which is more coherent after the second chorus).
10. KAZKA (12 points in 395) - This is a brilliantly executed song overall, with great atmospheric instrumentation throughout and a solid folk outro.
11. St. Vincent (7 points in 401) - This is just very gorgeous and minimalistic with good lyrics. This track has been out for years (and I’ve known it for years) so maybe that works against it in the Best Of format.
12. Izzy Bizu (10 points in 401) - Expensive contemporary R&B. A very polished, focused song that I believe holds a strong chance of winning the entire contest.
13. Grimes & i_o (7 points in 391) - Very unique dark song with haunting vocals and great production (RIP i_o).
14. Julianna Karaulova (0 points in 389) - An edgy Russian track with a lot of attitude.
15. Kiesza (0 points in 391) - This is a decent synth lead dance-pop track, although its biggest drawback is lacking originality.
16. BVNDIT (12 points in 399) - Solid chorus which has strong pop production, but the verses lack the same fire for me.
17. Renforshort (1 point in 399) - A decently executed track culminating Billie and Melanie's style with some 90s grunge influence.
18. Zoe Sees (3 points in 398) - It’s not surprising this became a hit in the UK considering it has a very similar tone sonically to Lewis Capaldi’s song. I’m on the fence with this one so I may need more time with it. Currently, I think its fine and delivered well vocally, but it maybe sounds too pristine for a song discussing mental health.
19. Ulrikke (0 points in 397) - A good pop build that is completely obliterated by the chorus. This was wasted potential.
20. CXLOE (8 points in 381) - This is a good song with cool modern production slightly reminiscent of Selena’s Rare era. The track can get a bit repetitive by the end.
21. Manal (0 points in 398) - This is quite a good song packed with lots of attitude and energy.
22. Holly Humberstone (3 points in 383) - A beautiful soft rock song which is lyrically very vulnerable and carries a great message.
23. Ana Guera (4 points in 397) - On re-listen, I found this to be very average. Decent production but a flat song that went nowhere.
24. Dua Lipa - A very solid dance-pop tune which is packed with high-energy.
25. Ariana and The Rose (6 points in 399) - Punchy modern electro-pop song. It’s a very bold track with good lyrics and a quirky vocalist. One of the stronger winners of the year.
26. Cookiee Kawaii (0 points in 385) - This sounds more like an interlude than a stand-alone track. I personally prefer the version with Tyga, this one sounds fine but its very repetitive and short.
27. Zivert (0 points in 389) - Sounding like it came right out the 80s, this is a good track which sounds better due to the French.
28. The Chainsmokers (7 points in 398) - Sounding like an improved version of some of the band's earlier album deep-cuts, this song is fine but ultimately quite redundant and average.
29. Winona Oak (12 points in 385) - An excellently produced love song that has a cinematic quality. A very intense listen rooted in emotion and hope. Just an amazing song in every aspect.
30. COY (0 points in 381) - This is an extremely catchy dance song with generally good production, even though there are some instances of overproduction which can hold it back.
1185 days 18 hours ago
SeaViper
Trying to type after fun in the snow without gloves. I'm expecting these to be riddled with spelling errors!

1) Yasenya- The music sounds like a rip-off of another song, I can't place my finger on which. This is way too similar to so many other songs that this ends up just being there

2) The Honest Vocal Coach- Lorna, you've done so much right, but this wasn't it for me. I was expecting a trolly song here, but it ended up just boring me. A missed opportunity

3) LIZOT- This was a winner? This was alright, but it really wasn't that unique to me

4) Jackie Castro- Her voice and this song really isn't anything special. Again, her voice sounds like a million other people's, and so does the song

5) Mxmtoon- And we continue the trend! Her voice, I'm sorry, but it sounds like a million people's, and so does this song. I'm hoping Best Of isn't just like this

6) Bree Runway- Honestly, I hated this, but the fact I might actually end up pointing it due to the fact that it doesn't sound like all these other songs

7) Sasha Lopez- I remember this one! While her voice is samey, the music itself is pretty funky, and I enjoyed this! It made something good while still sounding similar

8) Cobi- Ooohhhh! Now this was different! Finally something new and exciting! Yeah, I really enjoyed this, unique pick, well picked!

9) Weird Genius- And we go back to samey songs. We had a nice break, but no, this doesn't cut it and is forgettable

10) KAZKA- DREADFUL. I've said this so many times, and I'm only 1/3 of the way through this semi, but IT JUST SOUNDS THE SAME

11) St Vincent- This sounded like it was building up to something, but then just fell flat as the chorus didn't sound like a chorus at all

12) Izzy Bizu- Alright, nice enough beat. Her voice didn't stand out, but this is at the top of the pack for samey songs!

13) Grines and i_o- This really wasn't anything special once again. PEOPLE, MAKE YOUR VOICES SOUND UNIQUE PLEASE

14) Julianna Karaluva- I appreciated this! This wasn't half bad and was something I could bop to. Her voice wasn't too similar, so yeah, solid!

15) Kiesza- Finally at the half way mark! But once again, we return to the genre of "Everything sounds the same"

16) BVNDIT- Can't believe I'm saying this, but for once I'm grateful a K-Pop song has appeared! This was honestly a bop, so much better than these identical songs!

17) Renforshot- This song had potential, and it was interesting, but it's not something that I'll be remembering after 13 more songs

18) Zoe Wees- *Yawns* SOUNDS THE SAME AGAIN. These songs have just become mind-numbing. There's fast-paced sounding the same, and then there's this kind sounding the same, which is the most mind-numbing kind. Black Sea would have fit right in with this crowd :/

19) Ulrikke Brandstorp- Not a fan of this song, but for once it was nice not to have a same-sounding song

20) CXLOE- This was the winner to kick 2020 off with? Yeah, no wonder this year sucked. Mind-numbing

21) Manal- I loathe the robotic sounding voice, LOATHE. The third genre of death. At least this kinda stood out

22) Holly Humberstone- I might as well just grab a pillow and go to sleep at this point

23) Ana Guerra- This was alright! I've liked the non-english songs in this semi more than the English ones. Really solid!

24) Dua Lipa- I would normally hate this, but for this semi, it really isn't half bad!

25) Ariana and the Rose- There's just nothing memorable in these for me. This isn't so same-sounding as others, but it, not something I'd optionally listen to

26)- Cookie Hawaii- This music video deserves the points! I had faith this would be different, but was sourly disappointed

27) Zivert- I didn't dislike this, it was alright! Memorable enough to snag some points most likely

28) The Chainsmokers- Same sounding voice, same-sounding song, as always, next

29) Winona Oak- Although I didn't understand a word of this, I didn't really enjoy this, but it was alright, average for me

30) COY- Alright, I enjoyed this! Even though the voice was nothing special, it was a nice thing to dance along to at the end!
1185 days 15 hours ago
Talian
01) 🟠 Yaseniya : admittedly I’ve never been a huge fan of this. It’s not bad with so many songs I have to keep them dots undertoned.

02) 🔴 The Honest Vocal Coach : I am sorry but no.

03) 🟡 LIZOT : oh i love the song, probably a tad ripetitive and after a while it gets old but a bop none the less.

04) 🟠 Jackie Castro : I think I liked this more the first time around. The chorus is still fine but the rest a bit meh.

05) 🟠 mxmtoon : very 2006 Elisa. Not my fav era of hers.

06) 🟢 Bree Runway : this aged so fine. Maybe I’m more in a state of mind now but this went THERE.

07) 🟡 Sasha Lopez : this goes off but also get stale after  awhile. If it had more soul this could have rocked hard.

08) 🟢 Cobi : Stunning. Stu-hu-nning. Omg the feels. The soul.

09) 🟡 Weird Genius : the vibes are everything really I just wished it built a little more but stun either way.

10) 🟡 Kazka : oh i love this song. I think it could have used a little more punch but either way great.

11) 🟠 St. Vincent : kinda peaceful and refreshing but not my style.

12) 🟢 Izzy Bizu : the range. The funk. The perfection that this is.

13) 🔴 Grimes & i_o : I swear I tried.

14) 🟠 Julianna Karaulova : definitley catchy but kinda very cheap.

15) 🟠 Kiesza : I am getting many feelings from this.

16) 🟠 BVNDIT : distant from my fav kpop of the year.

17) 🟠 renforshort : the chorus is actually fine if it didn’t came so late in the song.

18) 🟢 Zoe Wees : i cry. This ha grown on me so much.

19) 🔴 Ulrikke Brandstorp : Nope. Still annoying.

20) 🟢 CXLOE : queen.

21) 🟡 Manal : Ok I had no recollection of this but this went off.

22) 🟢 Holly Humberstone : driving license could NEVER! Iconic.

23) 🟡 Ana Guerra : you know I would stan anything Spanish but this needed a little more vitality. Still stan tho.

24) 🟠 Dua Lipa : well, it’s future nostalgia so that’s a but per se. But this is literally my least fav song.

25) 🟡 Ariana and the Rose : this has grown on me. Still not spot on but...

26) 🟠 Cookiee Kawaii : sure...

27) 🔴 Zivert : I am sorry I’ve never liked this kind of samples.

28) 🔴 The Chainsmokers : the kiss of death.

29) 🟢 Winona Oak : do you even need an explanation? Fuck you brave. I hate you. I hope you know it.

30) 🟢 COY : I love how this will do better than Devil You Don’t
1185 days 13 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Yaseniya - OK I love this. Listened for ages. Love the little rattle thingy.
The Honest Vocal Coach - I mean it could Q as a troll.
LIZOT - Aged like milk sort off? Still goes off but I ain't banging like I was back when.
Jackie Castro - Honestly this was all over the place.
mxmtoon - This was actually fine. Not one of the heavy hitters but nice enough.
Bree Runway - A lot better looking back. Not the troll I thought it was. Decent.
Sasha Lopez - Again, a grower. There is a lot of competition coming in. Tough crowd.
1185 days 10 hours ago
AlanDuncan
Cobi - This was worse than I remember. Sorry :(
Weird Genius - Oh iconic. I loved this the first time. My last 12 before my ban era
Kazka - This was better in English I think but I still enjoy it kinda
St. Vincent - This just isn't for me at all
Izzy Bizu - This is fine. This won? Not a winner for me but it's decent. Will get lost here.
Grimes & i_o - oooooh bby its violencia
Julianna Karaulova - this is the generic russian song we get every week lets be honest oops. it doesnt belong here but I actually enjoy the drop.
Kiesza - i mean. excellence.
1185 days 10 hours ago
AlanDuncan
16) BVNDIT - better than I assumed going into this. A bit too sweet even for me.
17) renforshort - another one I dont remember. I dont dislike this, a bit random.org
18) Zoe Wees - A ballad is a choice for best off. It's sweet enough.
19) Ulrikke Brandstorp - If a Ulrikke can't make top 20 get the message.
20) CXLOE - the og of the year back for another crack. I still enjoy this.
21) Manal - oh this was kinda all over the place idk if i like it
22) Holly Humberstone - oh she is so overrated bye
23) Ana Guerra - the end to a weak quarter. boring

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!