This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

Topic » Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

1250 days 6 hours ago
dragotistic
25. Chappell Roan - “Pink Pony Club” - TSC 416 - submitted by MISSimogen - 21 point margin of victory

I will admit for all of TSC to hear….I MAY have been wrong about this song. Upon further listens to this song, I was enjoying it more and more. Now, I’m not ready to join the Pink Pony Club yet, but I am on my way to. When the song really kicks in, I am jamming as well. I still don’t know whether or not she’s singing about a strip club or not. Anyways, her voice outshines the song and if anyone else was singing this song, it wouldn’t have been as impactful. In the end, I can admit I was wrong about this song, so universe, you win.
1249 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
24. CXLOE - “Devil You Don’t” - TSC 381 - submitted by Talian - 19 point margin of victory

The very first winner this year. I am not gonna lie, I am surprised that this was the winner of the first contest of the year. I haven’t listened to this contest, but I have to think that a lot of good entries were in there. If I had to guess why this song won, it would have to be the chorus. Vocal layering works really well but only to an extent, and CXLOE does it really well in this song. I put it at #24 because at times it verges on being boring. I think it’s a solid winner though.
1249 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
23. Britney Spears - “If U Seek Amy - TSC 384 - submitted by ricktworick1 - 6 point margin of victory

#FreeBritney

I remember listening to this song on a Now That’s What I Call Music album in the car with my mom and singing along not knowing what the song was saying. I was only singing along because it is so incredibly catchy. Britney rarely misses and this is one of her stronger songs I think. The reason why it falls at #23 is because it sounds dated, and it sounded dated (at least to me) back in 2010 as well.
1249 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
22. Paramore - “Decode” - TSC 392 - submitted by Insanity - 19 point margin of victory

Not a Twilight soundtrack song winning TSC :O. I’m kidding! I guess that there are a lot of rock bands that wish they had the impact and staying power like Paramore has had. I remember jamming out to “crushcrushcrush” in my bedroom when I was like 8 or 9. Paramore just straight up doesn’t miss. This isn’t the best that I’ve heard from them, but if what I hear about TSC 392 is right, then this probably deserved the win. As usual, Hayley Williams’s vocals are amazing and really elevate the song to this level. Unfortunately, it finds itself just outside the Top 20 because the song as a whole doesn’t reach the standard that the rest of the songs on this ranking have.
1249 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
21. KLER - “Нестримна” - TSC 411 - submitted by Alexeh23 - 16 point margin of victory

This song just has so much energy in it. And the instrumental just never stops. It’s constantly pushing energy and driving the song forward. And having that much momentum in a dance-pop is just so good. My complaint with it is the same as it was back in that contest. The vocal isn’t as strong as the instrumental, and the melody is basic, so because of that, it finds itself outside the top 20 looking in. But it’s an absolute banger.
1249 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
Remaining Winners:

Apink
Ariana and the Rose
Babet
Bruno Martini, IZA, Timbaland
Dua Lipa
Evangelia
Izzy Bizu
LIZOT
Lydmor
LÉON
MakeYouKnowLove
Nova Miller
Pongo
Red Hearse
Ruben
SHANGUY
Thelma Plum
Winona Oak
YONAKA
Zara Larsson
1249 days 15 hours ago
Slice
MakeYouKnowLove

1249 days 6 hours ago
dragotistic
20. Zara Larsson - “Love Me Land” - TSC 406 - submitted by Eoin - 7 point margin of victory

Her voice in this….breathtaking. The production in this as well is really good. The song itself doesn’t feel complete. There are a couple of points in the song where it feels empty even though she’s singing or the bass is going. It’s hard to describe, but you know the feeling when the song could be more than it is. That’s my only real complaint about it. I wasn’t in love with it when it won, and I like it a little more now, just not enough to put it higher than this.
1249 days 6 hours ago
dragotistic
19. Dua Lipa - “Hallucinate” - TSC 389 - submitted by Darbe - 20 point margin of victory

Imagine how tired we are.

In all seriousness, Dua has been on her f*cking game this year. This is another great pop track from her Future Nostalgia project. The bass in this song is just fantastic. And the verses with the bass are great. The weakest part of the song for me is the chorus, but the chorus is really good. It’s a really well put together song with a lot of great elements. Closer to the end of the song, it feels repetitive but I always enjoy this song when I listen to it. It’s this low on the ranking because all of the songs above it are just as good.
1248 days 6 hours ago
dragotistic
18. Red Hearse - “Half Love” - TSC 421 - submitted by Jus21 - 7 point margin of victory

This is one of the songs that I really liked but was surprised when it won. This song is just full of smart stylistic choices. The minimized production is incredible and the vocal is solid. You never really hear male singers sing an entire song in their falsetto range, and the singer here does a commendable job of showing off his voice here. And when it goes into his chest voice, it’s perfect. I wish it had more energy, but this song is a masterclass on stylistic choice in a song. It’s a really well put together tune.
1248 days 6 hours ago
dragotistic
17. Babet - “Chameleon” - TSC 413 - submitted by hellocat - 50 point margin of victory

When I first heard this song, I thought it was basic as f*ck. But then the chorus kicked in, oh my god. Very, very good chorus. What’s really cool about this song is that the verses and chorus use primarily the same melodic line, and the instrumental really shines here. This song is a great example of how to avoid being basic because it is so good.
1247 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
16. LIZOT - “Menage a Trois (feat. Holy Molly)” - TSC 388 - submitted by ricktworick1 - 13 point margin of victory

This song is incredibly sexy. Like there should be a warning before you even listen to the song. I just watched the music video for the first time. :O *follows Holy Molly on Instagram* This is one of the best club songs sent this year and it deservingly won. The bass in this song is incredible. The whole production on this is incredible. My main complaint is that the song was pretty repetitive, and I wasn’t in love with it as much as the Top 15. But it’s a really sexy song.
1247 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
15. Lydmor - “Someone We Used to Love” - TSC 415 - submitted by Patrick319 - 10 point margin of victory

This was on my list for a couple of weeks when this won, so understandably I was made at myself especially when I flopped this week. This will probably be one of the surprises of this list, it being up in the Top 15, but I cannot stress to you enough how great that chorus is. The verses build into the chorus perfectly, the chorus itself is great, and the vocals throughout are intense. The entire song is creative, and I recommend everyone listen to her other stuff, as it’s all pretty good. Now I will admit that this song is a bit left-of-center and is not everyone’s cup of tea, and that is part of the reason why it is not any higher. This is a really solid winner and I’m glad it got the recognition it did in TSC 415.
1246 days 21 hours ago
dragotistic
14. SHANGUY - “King of the Jungle” - TSC 394 - submitted by QueenM1chelle - 10 point margin of victory

The instrumental on this song is straight up fantastic. It’s playful and groovy, and makes the entire song better. I don’t think the male vocal is necessarily strong on its own, but it’s perfect for the song, if that makes any sense. The entire package of the song is put together extremely well, even if some of the elements on their own are lacking. The first time I listened to this tune, I was really impressed, and even tens of listens later, it still sounds as groovy and catchy as it did the first time. A really solid winner.
1246 days 21 hours ago
dragotistic
13. MakeYouKnowLove - “Don’t Need Heaven” - TSC 407 - submitted by Alexeh23 - 14 point margin of victory

Who remembers when I called this song a NQ when I made predictions back in TSC 407? *raises hand* I have really come around on this song since its contest. Like a lot. I don’t know what I missed about it in both the semi and the final when it came to MYKL, but it’s a really well executed synth pop song. The best part of the song for me is the pre-chorus before he goes into this falsetto. Just a lot of this song is good. The reason why I can’t put it above any of the songs coming later is because those songs are all great.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!