This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

Topic » Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

1239 days 9 hours ago
Slice
13th........ too high
1238 days 12 hours ago
dragotistic
12. Apink - “Dumhdurum” - TSC 391 - submitted by Saftronbtr999 - 4 point margin of victory

The top k-pop winner on this list, and in my opinion, the best k-pop entry I’ve heard all year. I first listened to this back in July when I updated my Winners playlist, and I was blown away when I first listened to it. Subconsciously, I think I was comparing every kpop entry this year to Apink’s winning song. It has been stuck in my brain. The very first thing you hear in the song is my favorite part. That melodic hook just captured me and never let go. The chorus is really solid as well. This is an incredibly well-made k-pop song. I can’t stop listening to it.
1238 days 12 hours ago
dragotistic
11. Ruben - “Burn Down This Room” - TSC 395 - submitted by ricktworick1 - 18 point margin of victory

I know that back in the summer I was touting this as a potential Top 5 entry on my list, but in the time since then, I’ve been enjoying it less. Now I will say that I really like the fact that a male ballad won a TSC this year. The strongest part of the song for me is actually the lyrics. I don’t often talk about lyrics in my comments and I haven’t been talking about lyrics much in this countdown, but the lyrics in this song are quite good. And the song itself is incredible. I love the chorus so much and I think it’s perfect for the song. But the main reason why I can’t put it in the top 10 is because the top 10 have always been incredible and held up on many relistens.
1238 days 12 hours ago
dragotistic
My top ten winners this year:

Ariana and the Rose
Bruno Martini, IZA, Timbaland
Evangelia
Izzy Bizu
LÉON
Nova Miller
Pongo
Thelma Plum
Winona Oak
YONAKA
1238 days 10 hours ago
Lachie227
top 10 thats right
1237 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
10. LÉON - “And it Breaks My Heart” - TSC 405 - submitted by dragotistic - 12 point margin of victory

LÉON never misses. Go stream her new album.

In all seriousness, this song is so great. I love the way it starts out with the orchestral melody going straight into the verses with the guitar strum. And the way it unfolds into the chorus so effortlessly is amazing. I am so glad that I got to enter this song because it has become not only a Top 10 entrant on this list, but it is one of my favorite songs I’ve entered to TSC. LÉON’s music just has a way of affecting me emotionally, and everything about this song is just incredible to me.
1237 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
9. Thelma Plum - "Better in Blak" - TSC 418 - submitted by Lachie227 - 2 point margin of victory

Who would’ve thought a Lachie227 entry would’ve gotten to the top 10 on my winners ranking? Honestly, I didn’t think I would like this song at first but it’s just so damn good. The instrumental and the vocal together work perfectly. If someone asked me to help them make a good indie-pop song, I’d honestly play Better in Blak for them because it is that good. Lachie coming through with one of the best winners this year.
1235 days 19 hours ago
dragotistic
8. Nova Miller - “Mi Amor” - TSC 398 - submitted by Fritzyyyyy - 60 point margin of victory

If you haven’t realized already, we are in the territory of the songs that I can’t find anything wrong with. Nova Miller won the contest that I made my grand reentry, and I believe I called this song basic. And I’m using this platform now to renege that statement and call it for what it is: an absolute bop. The chorus is infectious and full of energy. The verses are solid. And the bridge has a saxophone solo! I really cannot fault this song at all. It is that good.
1235 days 19 hours ago
dragotistic
7. Evangelia - “Fotia” - TSC 419 - submitted by Catch_a_falling_star - 51 point margin of victory

In a different but equally enthralling direction from Nova Miller, we have Evangelia. This song is so hauntingly beautiful. I love how they constructed the verses on this, like just wow. The chorus is just as good, and I love the little flares of guitar thrown in there, it really adds a lot to the song. If Tsunami by FLORE had to lose to any entry, I’m glad it was Evangelia because goddamn, this song is a masterpiece. And it aged extremely well.
1235 days 19 hours ago
dragotistic
6. Pongo - “Uwa” - TSC 412 - submitted by PennyTrationStan - 36 point margin of victory

Everything about “Uwa” is incredible. The style of this high-paced afro-pop is something I never heard before. Pongo is incredibly unique in the way she blends European pop style with African embellishments. And one of the products of that incredible fusion is this song. And the way that the song is relentless in how much energy it has is really appealing and fun to listen to. The chorus is fantastic, and when Pongo switches up her cadence at two points is just amazing. This is just an absolute banger, and I’m so glad it won. Such a deserving winner.
1235 days 19 hours ago
dragotistic
The Top 5

Ariana and the Rose
Bruno Martini, IZA, Timbaland
Izzy Bizu
Winona Oak
YONAKA
1235 days 17 hours ago
MISSimogen
1235 days 17 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
exactly Imogen tasteful queen
1232 days 20 hours ago
dragotistic
5. Ariana and the Rose - “Lonely Star” - TSC 399 - submitted by PennyTrationStan - 14 point margin of victory

I could listen to the first 10 seconds of this song on a ten hour loop. I love that intro so much. I didn’t think much of this song when back in TSC 399, but I really enjoyed it and gave it I think 10 points. And then I kept listening to it. And listening to it. Now, I’m going to get a little personal here. I was alone in my college apartment for almost 2 months straight, and I was getting a bit lonely with no one to hang out with in town, so listening to this song actually made me feel a lot better during that time, and of course I was becoming way more active in the TSC chat so I think that had a part of it as well. But I will always think of this song when I think of that time because it got me through one of the tougher periods in my adult life. This song is a masterpiece, thank you for sending it Tom.
1232 days 20 hours ago
dragotistic
4. YONAKA - “Rockstar” - TSC 390 - submitted by ricktworick1 - 2 point margin of victory

I find it kind of funny that YONAKA and Paramore won in contests so close to each other. Coincidence? I think not! In all seriousness, I just find this song to be amazing. Her vocal is outstanding and the instrumental is fantastic. I love the guitars throughout all of this. Every melodic line they have, or little motif they play, it never feels out of place and is always driving the music forward. The best part of the song is when the guitars take over the melody and the vocals take a step back. This is one of the best winners of this year by far. Just wow.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!