This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

Topic » Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

1254 days 5 hours ago
dragotistic
36. KSHMR & KAAZE - “Devil Inside Me” - TSC 393 - submitted by QueenM1chelle - 21 point margin of victory

Never forget the time I sent KARRA to TSC only for her to get last place and me rage quit from that cycle of contests. Anyways this song is very conflicting for me. My very first thought when I heard this was one of “this...won?”. It’s just not something that usually wins TSC. The only other winner that kinda gives this vibe is Unlike Pluto back in 2017. The elements of the song are all good on their own, but the overall song is eh. The violin/viola melodic line is very catchy and hearing an orchestral instrument in a very bass-heavy song was kind of cool. In the end, this song was good for what it was, but didn’t hold ground to some of these other winning entries.
1254 days 5 hours ago
dragotistic
35. Tata Young - "Sexy Naughty Bitchy" - TSC 420 - submitted by PennyTrationStan - 15 point margin of victory

When I first listened to this song, I thought it was a troll entry but I’ve come to understand it as a serious entry with troll-ish qualities. I can see why it won. It’s catchy, has a nice groove, and it doesn’t take itself seriously. It clearly was written to be a fun bop and it was quite fun. Now the reason why it lands on #35 on this list is because it’s just not for me. I can appreciate it for what it is, but it’s not a song I would go out of my way to listen to again.
1253 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
34. Dotter - “Bulletproof” - TSC 386 - submitted by Eoin - 60 point margin of victory

This...won...by…*checks list*...60 points? Huh. I think it’s a good song overall, but I don’t find it to be as good as some of the other entries that achieved margins similar to Dotter. I enjoy the verses a lot, but the chorus is kind of just there? This is just another one of the winners that has a letdown of a chorus. I don’t keep up with Melodifestivalen but I just saw that this lost to The Mamas by a single point? Interesting, maybe the Swedish public wished it had a better chorus too.
1253 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
33. Celina Sharma - “CHALO” - TSC 382 - submitted by Alexeh23 - 26 point margin of victory

My issue with the song is the same as Dotter. The chorus just farts in my face. The buildup is sublime. The verses and the pre-chorus are just *chefs kiss* but the chorus is so blech that it finds itself in #34. I don’t know what songs it won over, but I’m not really surprised that it won, I’m surprised it won in the second contest of the year. There was probably a solid selection of songs sent because it was so early in the year.
1253 days 6 hours ago
Insanity
Forget these choruses I’ll fart in your face instead
1253 days 2 hours ago
MISSimogen
MIXING DADA WITH SOME DADA!!!!!!!! LYRICAL GENUISSSS!!!!!!!!!! STAN CHALO!
1253 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
MIXING DADA WITH SOME DADA!!!!!!!! LYRICAL GENUISSSS!!!!!!!!!! STAN CHALO!
1252 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
32. Dagny - “Somebody” - TSC 402 - submitted by rodrigueseve - 4 point margin of victory

Are you seeing the pattern? This song is here because the chorus is so incredibly basic. The melodic line in the verses? Ah-may-zing. Production? 10 out of 10. Chorus? Meh. Now, I’ve been a fan of Dagny since 2016 and Backbeat and Fool’s Gold 1-2 punched their way on to my regular listening playlist. So, understandably I have high expectations for her singles. Just this one didn’t quite hit the mark.
1252 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
31. Mariya Yeramchuk - “Tick-Tock” - TSC 396 - submitted by ianfitz0012 - 3 point margin of victory

This is one of the few songs that I could never get a solid opinion on. For one, it is possibly one of the most Eurovision songs I’ve ever heard in my life, which isn’t always great. I guess that I’m surprised this wasn’t used in Eurovision week back in 2014 (if that was a thing). It’s a solid pop tune but it doesn’t stand out across the 30 winners ranked above it.
1252 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
Remaining Winners:

Apink
Ariana and the Rose
Babet
Britney Spears
Bruno Martini, IZA, Timbaland
CXLOE
Chappell Roan
Dua Lipa
Evangelia
Gregory Dillon
Hands Like Houses
Izzy Bizu
KLER
LIZOT
Lydmor
LÉON
MakeYouKnowLove
Mauvais Oeil
Nova Miller
Paramore
Pongo
Red Hearse
Ruben
SHANGUY
Shygirl
Thelma Plum
Weki Meki
Winona Oak
YONAKA
Zara Larsson
1252 days 2 hours ago
dragotistic
30. Weki Meki - “Cool” - TSC 417 - submitted by PennyTrationStan - 0 point margin of victory/won in a tie

This was one of the songs this year was a very surprising winner. But I did enjoy it. I wish it turned down the bass in spots, but overall, I really enjoyed the verses as a whole. The pre-chorus is just phenomenal to me. It just suddenly switches up and goes into halftime, and it just is so good. The chorus is okay, I wish the chorus was a bit stronger in some regards. Overall, the song as a whole is pretty good. Now it’s ranked where it is because this song could’ve been more cohesive, and not all of the elements of the song made sense together.
1252 days 2 hours ago
dragotistic
29. Shygirl - “Freak” - TSC 414 - submitted by PennyTrationStan - 0 point margin of victory/won in a tie

This was single-handedly the funniest winner to me. Even more so than Dave Wol. I think I gave this 6 points because I weirdly enjoy it. Nothing about this song should make me like it. It’s very bass/trap-influenced and my roommate would blast trap-rap for hours in the last year, so I was turned off to it. Completely ignoring the lyrics (that I don’t really like), it goes off for about a minute there. The last minute is meh, but this song is just funny and the fact that it won TSC is hilarious to me. It’s ranked where it is because I couldn’t personally justify putting it any higher.
1251 days 6 hours ago
dragotistic
28. Hands Like Houses - “Degrees of Separation” - TSC 400 - submitted by Patrick319 - 1 point margin of victory

I can’t lie to you, it took a few months to get over losing to this song by 1 point, and that’s not the reason why it’s here in the ranking, I promise. I think that the fact that this won Bibbles week is very fitting. In terms of rock music, it’s got the guitar riff, all the background vocal “ooh ooh”s, and just a really good rock tune. Now, comparing it to the rest of the winners above it, I just like them more. Not much else to say other than a very fitting winner for the week it won.
1251 days 6 hours ago
dragotistic
27. Mauvais Oeil - "Mektoub" - TSC 409 - submitted by PennyTrationStan - 27 point margin of victory

Well. This song aged poorly didn’t it? The initial shock factor of an Arabic/Middle Eastern style tied into the French indie music was really cool and I thought it was a great winner at the time it won. After reflecting on it in the last couple of weeks leading up to this ranking, it lost some of that intensity and flare that I got on my first couple of listens. I remember Patrick saying that it sounded incredibly cheap. Now, I wouldn’t go that far personally, and I still like the song as a whole. It just finds itself at #27 on my list.
1250 days 7 hours ago
dragotistic
26. Gregory Dillon - “Plastic Ferrari” - TSC 422 - submitted by dragotistic - 1 point margin of victory

This was a very random winner and I’m saying it as someone who submitted it. I remember the first time I heard this song was on my drive home, and I let my TSC Spotify playlist play to the point where it started playing recommended songs, and this was the very first one. I think that for male synth pop, it’s quite good. The chorus is really good in my opinion. Where it loses me is the verses and his voice sounds too unpolished at certain points. But the instrumental and the chorus propel to #26 on my ranking.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!