This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

Topic » Dan's TSC 2020 Winner Rankings

1243 days ago
dragotistic
All winners are not created equal.

In this list I will rank all 42 winners from this year with a little explanation of why it's ranked where it is and what I like about the song.

Let the controversy begin.
1243 days ago
dragotistic
42. Dave Wol - “Adulterer Mash-Up” - TSC 404 - submitted by Darbe - 4 point margin of victory

Starting off this list with what I find to be the worst winner this year in TSC. For the week it was in, it was a very appropriate entry. 404 wasn’t intended to be serious, so it makes a lot of sense to me as to why it won. Even though this wasn’t what I go for in TSC, I can appreciate that it is funny, and the instrumental works hilariously well with Kim Woodburn’s dialogue.. In the end, this song is 42 of 42 simply because the other 41 winners this year aren’t troll songs (intentionally) like this one is. It’s funny, but it’s the worst winner of the year for me.
1243 days ago
dragotistic
41. The Ella Sisters - “Cars” - TSC 408 - submitted by varlto - 24 point margin of victory

Of the serious entries, this one ranks the lowest for me. Completely ignoring that it won over one of my personal favorite submissions this year, I just can’t get into this song. My biggest issue with it is that it really doesn’t progress anywhere. I thought it had a really promising start, but the chorus was just flat to me. I believe it won because it had a really broad appeal, and the production was done quite well. A lot of people were into what it was selling, which is why it won by 24 points. Unfortunately, it wasn’t for me.
1243 days ago
Alexeh23
1243 days ago
PennyTrationStan
1242 days 22 hours ago
varlto
i think this must be a mistake
1242 days 17 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Bend the knee.
1242 days 15 hours ago
rodrigueseve
[Intro]
Timbaland: Yeah
Yeah
1242 days 12 hours ago
Slice
dan putting one of the worst winners this low? maybe this ranking is gonna be ok
1242 days 2 hours ago
dragotistic
40. Dreamcatcher - “Scream” - TSC 383 - submitted by QueenM1chelle - 21 point margin of victory

I feel like this is gonna be the first of many controversial rankings, so buckle up. Now self-admittedly, k-pop doesn’t fit my tastes usually, though there are a couple of k-pop songs that I really enjoy, some of which are on this list much later than Dreamcatcher. There a few elements of this song that I find to be quite enjoyable but the chorus loses it for me personally. It feels like it was trying to do too much. It is high quality k-pop, so I am not surprised that it snatched a win up this year. It just wasn’t a song that I would absolutely love.
1242 days 2 hours ago
dragotistic
39. Aly & AJ - “Joan of Arc on the Dancefloor” - TSC 403 - submitted by NicoleF - 2 point margin of victory

Admittedly, I was shocked when this won. I thought Sunmi was the deserving winner from that week. But it does have its merits. For one, the instrumental is by far the strongest part of this song. The electro-synth feel of this song is quite infectious, but all of the song is just that. My main issue with this song and why it’s down this low, is simply because it doesn’t progress very well. It stays on the same (infectious) but boring place, but that beat and that instrumental eats it up.
1242 days 2 hours ago
rodrigueseve
You lost me having Aly&AJ and Dreamcatcher in the bottom 5
1241 days 22 hours ago
onemanarmy
Honestly my favorite moment of the year was Aly&AJ Winning
1241 days 17 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
two of the best winners aka aly&aj and dreamcatcher.. im SICK
1241 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
38. The Mamas - “Let It Be” - TSC 397 - submitted by Patrick319 - 7 point margin of victory

This is the first winner where I don’t really have much to say about it. Their voices are lovely, the chorus is nice, and the overall structure of the song is good. It just verges on basic-ness for the entire song. There isn’t anything egregious about it, it just doesn’t stand out in a crowd for me, and that’s why it finds itself on #38 on my ranking. I think it’s a decent winner, but it could be better.
1241 days 15 hours ago
dragotistic
37. Faouzia - “Tears of Gold” - TSC 387 - submitted by Alexito - 16 point margin of victory

I love Faouzia. Let me just start with that. But this song isn’t one of her best. That being said, her voice can carry a tune. My only issue with this song is the chorus. It’s just not that good of a chorus. And I know that I’m not alone when I say that a chorus can make or break a song. Some really nice moments in this song, like the vocals are quite good. She’s just let down by the overall meh song. Faouzia can do better.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!