This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 422 Final

Topic » TSC 422 Final

1264 days 4 hours ago
Talian
01) đźź  Mansionair x NoMBe : I feel I should have liked this more than I ultimately did. The best was nice but overall it lacked a memorable punch.

02) đź”´ Goldilox : it starts so well. But then... nope. The amount of auto tune in the odd chorus makes it kinda painful and the chorus is just a big miss.

03) đźź  Ladilla Rosa : for how much I appreciate the irony behind it, I still think this needed a little more body to actually be considered.

04) 🟢 Lauv & LANY : I totally dot get the hate this is getting. Very cool vibes and overall I was tapping along and have my life. Exquisite.

05) 🟡 Bling Bling : not that bad but it’s thy side of KPOP that used to be more popular 4 years ago where they would put uncorrelated songs together to make a collage of songs that don’t match.

06) 🟢 Amel Bent x Imen Es : stunning. Loved the vocals. Loved the instrumental. You know I am always here for an Arabian inspired tune.

07) 🟠 UZARI : it’s not bad. I really like the opening. The rest is kinda outdated and that chorus is a big miss for me I am afraid.

08) đź”´ Liza Owen : bad merge of country and rock. But still not good as one or the other. It just in a odd limbo of... that.

09) đź”´ Anabel Englund & MK : this was very cheap and amateur-sounding.

10) 🟠 ORÎ : it’s not bad but also not good. It’s also kinda outdated but on that verge of not really. So... meh.

11) đźź  Pink Fantasy : not really feeling the pink fantasy. Or the production as a whole.

12) 🟢 Medina : not the best but sure enough had me toe tapping and head bopping all along.

13) đźź  CupcakKe : not bad and I love to hear a female rap. But there was more than one time I wanted to skip ahead.

14) 🟡 Stray Kids : it was fine. Didn’t shake my world but kept me interested thru and thru.

15) đźź  Lou Elliotte : liked the beat even tho it became aggressively repetitive and bland but hated the vocals.

16) đźź  Klava Koka : I love the song for being ironically ironic. But for the rest this was so cheap.

17) 🟡 Matt Maeson : can’t deny “Cringe” is still in my eras and heart and this sounds like a less managed version of that. But it’s still smooth.

18) 🟢 aespa : this was fun. The chorus was just so captivating and fresh.

19) 🟢 MARUV : what can I say? The hellcat story is such a good album.

20) đź”´ Gregory Dillon : this was just so bland.

21) 🟡 TAYANNA : this works but only at times. For example, verses are hot. Chorus is a hot mess.

22) 🟢 Victoria Justice : what can I say? Best song of the century?

23) đź”´ Ambar Lucid : literally my worst enemy in timers of vocals.

24) đźź  Karmen x BRUJA : kinda cheap. Not bad but still... very behind for me.
1263 days 17 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Mansionair x NoMBe - I know quite a lot of Mansionair’s stuff and was definitely not expecting this. I don’t know who NoMBe is but what influence they must have! This was an awesome start to the final, I was bopping the whole time, really loved the mixture of rap and indie rock, a combination that I don’t necessarily hear a lot of but I usually enjoy when I do. Great song, liked that it didn’t overstay its welcome.
02) Goldilox - I really SHOULD like this shouldn’t I? And yet. The production is kinda all I like about this, the slightly off-kilter synths definitely do it for me, but everything else just kinda irritated me as much as I tried to enjoy it. The effects on the vocals, the lack of progression, it all just didn’t quite sit right with me and I couldn’t wait for it to end. Frustrating. I wanna check out some of her other music though because she’s got a lot of potential that I’m just not seeing fulfilled in this particular song.
03) Ladilla Rusa - This was absolutely all over the place and I think I was living? I was never bored and it’d be pretty easy for a 4+ minute song to be tiresome by the end. There were parts of this I didn’t like, namely the men (Happy International Men’s Day to everyone except these men <3), but the parts I did like (the random sections of the woman screaming??? HELLO!!!) I liked a LOT. I’m still so confused by this but in a good way, I think it being in Spanish helps.
04) Lauv & LANY - I had to laugh at these men sounding IDENTICAL. I’d like to say that this was pleasant or whatever but this really did just make me irrationally angry like I knew just from the name EXACTLY what kind of mediocre pandering nonsense I was about to be forced to listen to and I guess the only feeling of joy I got from this was being proven right. I was just SO BORED!!! And IRRITATED at the same time!!! I hate it when men.
05) Bling Bling - Kinda obsessed with the Brazilian beats to this, not really something I’ve seen in K-pop before but it WORKS. It reminds me a lot of a K-pop version of Ella Eyre’s Mama and I stan the shit out of that song so naturally I love this. The post-chorus lets it down a bit, but otherwise this is a bop and a half.
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es - They’re both so stunning wow. French is a great language as a whole but especially shines in music like this. The song itself isn’t really screaming anything particular at me, but it’s a solid little bop nonetheless. Very French and very enjoyable.
07) UZARI - I had this one on my list but I’m not sure I would’ve sent it, I just think there are better male Eastern European MARUV-style production artists out there *hint hint*. The drop here definitely slaps, and the chorus is good, I’m not entirely sold on the verses but I don’t think I’m bothered enough by it for it to be particularly detracting from an otherwise solid bop.
08) Liza Owen - Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Discover Weekly. I think it’s a really interesting playlist. One of the better DW artists actually, really like the rockier sound to this. The whole product is a little forgettable and doesn’t leave much of an impact, but it’s enjoyable enough.
09) Anabel Englund & MK - Another solid one. This kind of music appears to have gone a little out of style in TSC but I tend to enjoy it when it’s sent so I’m happy to see it here. Not the best example of it necessarily, and I did spend the first minute of it thinking it was a different (similar) song, but it benefits from solid production and a good drop. Good overall.
10) ORÎ - Cultural appropriator he doesn’t even have an Î in his real name! I had this on my list, and by had it on my list I mean stole it from Rick’s list, I can guarantee I NEVER would’ve sent it even if it was the only song I had. It’s aight, but very ordinary in a week that so far is looking pretty strong, so I won’t get your hopes up for points. I don’t think I was your audience anyway!
11) Pink Fantasy - Can’t say I cared for this at the start, but the chorus was good. I’m not sure I’m completely sold by this, but it is definitely a pretty good song and grew on me as it went on. I enjoyed the ethnic influences, a pretty solid song all around.
12) Medina - I have to admit I spent most of the listening party’s viewing of this distracted by how much she looks like a slightly stretched version of Mel (thank you Daniel), but on a repeated listen yeah, I can see why I was distracted? It’s decent enough but not particularly exciting for its genre. I like her voice and I didn’t hate it, but meh.
13) CupcakKe - This CupcakKe documentary highlighting the struggles of retail work. <3 She does it all. This video was an experience, but of course she has the song to back it up. Mom. I THINK THE FUCK NOOOOT, LIKE CARDI FOREHEAD is the sequel to Junglepussy no one was expecting.
14) Stray Kids - A lot better than their last entry for sure, was actually pleasantly surprised by this. It’s not particularly within my taste range, but I can appreciate it for what it is. The drop is definitely my favourite part, a lot of it feels kinda messy in a way I didn’t really enjoy, but it was pretty good overall.
15) Lou Elliotte - I know this was either found through Discover Weekly or scandipop.co.uk (or both). It’s fine, there are elements of a really good indie pop song here but I just don’t think it really came together for me. Needed more, I think if an artist like Dagny/Astrid S did their own version of this I’d really like it. Right now baby I’m torn.
16) Klava Koka - Well that was definitely a misleading intro LMAO. When it got going it HIT, but it did get stale pretty quickly. Could’ve done with losing the last minute or so. Not bad as a whole, but having Ukraine in ESCT is a double edged sword for stuff like this because I definitely appreciate this sound more now, but I also know there’s much better out there. Like with Lou I just wanted a bit more from it.
17) Matt Maeson - I recognise the name from earlier this year, really liked his song then but it NQd so naturally this inferior one qualifies, I hate International Men’s Day. Enjoyed the start of this, definitely sounded like something I’d love in the right mood, but that chorus… nah. Thank you to whoever sent this though because I had completely forgotten about his song from earlier this year and I LOVED that one and wanna check out more of his music (I’ll probably forget again before I get round to it).
18) aespa - I wasn’t sure what wasn’t clicking with me about this song on first listen, but I get it the second time around - it’s just SO formulaic it feels lacking in personality. It had a lot of the elements of a great K-pop song but it all just felt so derivative, there was nothing about it that excited me because it’s just been done before (and they’re particularly shown up by the other K-pop songs this week which at least had something stand-out about them). Vocally they’re great, and I didn’t particularly mind any of it, but it just didn’t captivate me at all. Shame.
19) MARUV - I saw Hellcat Story and was immediately drawn in because To Be Mine SLAPPED, probably my favourite song of hers. Enjoyed parts of this one (and like that she’s finally straying away from making the same song 25 times) but couldn’t help but feel a little disappointed when that drop hit. A running theme in this final of really just wanting MORE, especially from Maruv because I know she definitely can go all out. It’s better on second listen though, and it’s definitely not bad. Like the last minute with the chanting lmao I always stan a Ukrainian sacrificial bop. <3
20) Gregory Dillon - Add this to the list of songs from my list that I don’t think I ever would’ve got round to sending. I actually think his voice is the best part of this, it’s a really interesting vocal on this sort of production that I do enjoy. My main issue is the underwhelming chorus, it feels like it’s building to something that never really comes. Decent enough enjoyable bop though, I’m not mad at it or anything.
21) TAYANNA - This song is amazing. 0 points. I hate that this man is making actual bops now so I can’t hate her unironically anymore. This kind of retro production really suits her and feels like a much better use of her voice than all those crusty ballads she was doing. The chorus is so catchy and the verses are great, god I’m so annoyed this is so good.
22) Victoria Justice - THIS is the kind of 2012 shite I will welcome to the contest (context: over BYNON & Taryn Manning)! This is honestly unironically a bop LMAO, I hadn’t heard it before today but I really did enjoy it. I’d probably enjoy it more with that nostalgic connection but I still did like it a lot. More than I probably should’ve.
23) Ambar Lucid - I think we ALL belong to the universe. I feel like it’s been a while (like five minutes) since I’ve been able to comment using the word EXCELLENCE and I’m so glad I got it in again before the end of the TSC year. That VOICE, that PRE-CHORUS, that CHORUS, this SONG!!! Absolutely stunning from start to finish, yep yep absolutely.
24) Karmen x BRUJA - Oh so we’re ending TSC 2020 STRONG. A lot of this sort of Romanian pop can become a bit samey but this managed to keep my interest throughout, and only gets better after repeated listens. I think it’s the kind of thing that could’ve won in 2019/early 2020, but who knows in this current TSC climate? Regardless it’s a bop and I stan wholeheartedly.
1263 days 11 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Mansionair x NoMBe- An interesting vibe for sure. One I could vibe with.
02) Goldilox- Twas ok, a little spicy.
03) Ladilla Rusa- It was slightly noisy and annoying
04) Lauv & LANY- This is simply amazing. I would love to see a LANY win.
05) Bling Bling- It just… it was.
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es- Another cool vibe that was a tad fleeting
07) UZARI- It was interesting for sure.
08) Liza Owen- Very well done! It’s 2000s wish and punky, but also poppy. Nostalgic! Cool! Brilliant!
09) Anabel Englund & MK- Hmmmm the lyrics were deff a choice. I liked this sound and it was enjoyable.
10) ORĂŽ- It popped. Plateaued a bit though, but still popped.
11) Pink Fantasy- This is the best of the KPOP for this contest. It had an interesting hook and didn’t sound as generic.
12) Medina- Honestly it just did not stand out in any way
13) CupcakKe- Liked the concept
14) Stray Kids- Didn’t do anything bad, but also not anything super interesting
15) Lou Elliotte- This was an enjoyable listen, not standout but cool.
16) Klava Koka- Ehhhhhh?
17) Matt Maeson- Pops off hard!
18) aespa- It seemed to try to have energy, but felt lacking in many directions
19) MARUV- So simple but she’s a legit witch, so hypnotic
20) Gregory Dillon- It was tasteful and a great gay vibe. Did go on slightly too long.
21) TAYANNA- It had some promising moments.
22) Victoria Justice- Damn her show could’ve been way more believable if they didn’t try to make it seem like she was a better singer than Ariana Grande. I like her but this song was basic.
23) Ambar Lucid- Kali Uchis vibes. Her voice got too growly at portions, but it was nice.
24) Karmen x BRUJA- Festive
1262 days 12 hours ago
Eoin
JAMIE CALLUM SHOULD BE HERE!

01) Mansionair x NoMBe - TOOT - This was really cool, reminds me of a Mac Miller song (Surprisingly not an insult), very much a grower for me too. This is right up my street.

02) Goldilox - BOOT - This just didn't connect with me, a song that clearly overvalues style and has little to no substance.

03) Ladilla Rusa - BOOT - Well, I hate it. Just awful. The type of European music that makes ESC a laughing stock to many.

04) Lauv & LANY - TOOT - I'm a white male with only straight friends, of course I love Lauv. Cute bop.

05) Bling Bling - BOOT - I don't think I am the target audience for this because well, there's nothing I like about it.

06) Amel Bent x Imen Es - BOOT - Yeah, I love the French language but this was just eh?

07) UZARI - TOOT - The production was really fun on this one, but ultimately his vocals really were not for me, so it should be something I love, but it's MOR.

08) Liza Owen - BOOT - First impressions left me liking the aesthetic of the song, but as it went on it was clear that, that was all that it had. Pretty boring overall.

09) Anabel Englund & MK - TOOT - Oh club music, needed this rn. Bop.

10) ORĂŽ - TOOT - A nice pop song, it needs what needs to be done to be okay and has a nice catchy chorus :)

11) Pink Fantasy - BOOT - Eh drop, yet very annoying. I didn't enjoy it.

12) Medina - BOOT - Sorry, but there's two EDM songs this week and the other just outsold it. This is more generic and has a worse drop, I probably wouldn't have hated it normally but yeah, it's just a bit more disappointing.

13) CupcakKe - BOOT - Never have been on the CupcakKe band wagon before and i'm not jumping on now. Trash Song <3

14) Stray Kids - BOOT - Ew, just nothing here that I can even stand.

15) Lou Elliotte - BOOT - Boring and uninspired.

16) Klava Koka - BOOT - I was liking where this was heading but then...disappointing chorus. Eh.

17) Matt Maeson - TOOT - So many basic white male pop this week <3 This was okay, not amazing but I liked his vocals. I preferred lemjam6's debut of Matt Maeson.

18) aespa - BOOT - Using every drop effect in the world /= a good song

19) MARUV - BOOT - Over done and nothing new to offer here clearly.

20) Gregory Dillon - TOOT - Not like a standout bop, but it was cute and he had a really nice voice.

21) TAYANNA - TOOT - I'm not super in love with this, it should be better, but something's missing. Maybe because the singer has the enthusiasm of a rock? Fine.

22) Victoria Justice - TOOT - I miss 2010 pop. This is objectively bad but i'm a sucker for sugar sweet music.

23) Ambar Lucid - BOOT - I hated every second of her wailing vocals. Terrible. Vocal acrobats requires you to have a voice that I want to listen to.

24) Karmen x BRUJA - BOOT - Oh that drop was hideous ew. I hate the sound of this music. That sounds so weird but i'm literally making such a disgusted face irl right now. Jesus, gross.
1262 days 10 hours ago
Alexito
01) Mansionair x NoMBe: That was such an experience. Good start, something mostly unique and different, I guess it won't be the best song in this final but it will be close.
02) Goldilox: I feel like I need to like this but I don't for some reason. Maybe there's too much autotune in this song and that makes me dislike it. It also sounds like Bakuna Matata sang and recorded it for ESCT.
03) Ladilla Rusa: Who dared to send this gem? It's so trashy and bad but it's one of the best songs to go out and party all night. Thank you whoever sent this!
04) Lauv & LANY: Don't get the hate for this song. I don't think it's boring at all, I guess it has it own audience, but it's not bad at all, actually I liked it a lot.
05) Bling Bling: Oh no, impossible to enjoy this song even with one, two or three listenings. It was too repetitive as well and once again there are like many elements that don't work well.
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es: Reminds me of another popular song but I don't recognize it right now. It also seems a good Maitre Gims reject, and I still say it's really good, pretty solid.
07) UZARI: A Russian bop? SURE! I'm really into this kind of music. I'm not so convinced with the verses but the rest is amazing.
08) Liza Owen: A song with personality, really interesting although I don't know if I like it 100% or not. Chorus has a good rhythm and got stuck in my head for a while.
09) Anabel Englund & MK: Excuse me? Plagiarism found!! This totally sounds like Milka, and I'm really pissed off! How do u dare? It's good tho, obviously, if it's a copy of Milka, it has to be good, not as good, but good enough.
10) ORĂŽ: The thumbnail and the first 5 seconds presaged it was going to be a good song. But I couldn't expect such an amazing song. LOVE IT!
11) Pink Fantasy: I think I like the music with those ethnic/dark sounds, however I'm not convinced about their voices but I liked the structure of the song.
12) Medina: AAAAAAH QUEEN! I think I didn't know about this song and I must admit I'm surprised. Maybe another end with a climax would have been great, but it was good enough.
13) CupcakKe: I promised myself that I wouldn't listen to her never again, but I need to be honest and listen to all the entries. Such an epic disgrace...
14) Stray Kids: I found it too aggressive, it was a huge contrast with another parts where they tried to be soft. Don't know where to put them in my final ranking, not a bad song tho.
15) Lou Elliotte: Quite nice and cool, not sure if I would come back to it. It was kinda catchy and it might have a shot.
16) Klava Koka: One of the Russian/Slavic artists I like the least, but surprisingly this song wasn't as bad as I'm used to listen from her. Spoken parts are random and unnecessary imo.
17) Matt Maeson: Another song which doesn't completely convince me. I don't know, I think I should like it, cause I usually like this kind of songs... Maybe I need more than a listening.
18) aespa: Not in the mood for this kind of music right now. It's the same over and over again... Oh god... Well it wasn't as bad with a second listening.
19) MARUV: First of all, my expectations are quite high. Nananana is the chorus? Just that? With the same sounds over and over from her songs? Quite disappointed... it's good obviously, but I just have no words. Last part tho <3333
20) Gregory Dillon: This song caught my attention since the very first moment, although I don't think it's nothing special or different but hey, I just liked it.
21) TAYANNA: I just found this bop last week and I'm like obsessed, it's really catchy and I can't stop listening to. It's Tayanna, what a queen, who couldn't love her?
22) Victoria Justice: Damn, that was too chessy. Sounds like it was made for HSM or whatever Disney movie for teenagers. Really generic and boring at the same time.
23) Ambar Lucid: My face was like WTF with those Spanish lines cause they were totally unexpected. Probably the best song so far, really intimate, sexy and very very interesting.
24) Karmen x BRUJA: I need to say this, I hate how people sexualize nurses, like they dress like whores. Disgusting. Despite this fact, I enjoyed the song, loved that latin/flamenco vibes.
1262 days 9 hours ago
varlto
01) Mansionair x NoMBe:  es un poco rara la canciĂłn pero en el fondo tiene algo que me gusta
02) Goldilox: es un poquito horrible esta cancion para mi gusto, no me gusta su voz robĂłtica
03) Ladilla Rusa: UN ENAMORADO DE LOS COCHES DEL PASAAAADO!! el plot twist cuando se convierte en marivĂ­? 10/10 proximo goya
04) Lauv & LANY: no me he dormido por suerte la verdad :/
tienen buenas voces pero les falta un poco de movimiento jolĂ­n!
05) Bling Bling: pero qué les pasa a estas mujeres? nono todo mal chicas
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es: esta sí! me ha gustado bastante la verdad y además está en francésss adoro<3
07) UZARI: el drop es TODO en esta canciĂłn. literalmente lo q es la parte cantada es bastante mala pero EL DROPPPP DIOS MIO
08) Liza Owen: discover weekly queen<3 la tenĂ­a en mi lista para mandar y es que me gusta bastante la canciĂłn, es buenĂ­sima!
09) Anabel Englund & MK: me ha dado un poco de dolor de cabeza la cancioncita la verdad. antes me encantĂł pero ahora uf no puedo
10) ORĂŽ:  mi niño me gusta mucho! no es nada super innovador ni nada de eso pero me sigue gustando
11) Pink Fantasy: tiene un poco de ethnic vibes no?? o soy yo?? no sé me estoy volviendo loco
12) Medina: es como muy basica no? osea no esta mal pero no se
13) CupcakKe: no me ha gustado absolutamente nada
14) Stray Kids: escucha que me ha gustado mucho lol enhorabuena nenes<3
15) Lou Elliotte: ooh me gusta mucho su voz! la canción un poco básica la verdad pero es suficiente:)
16) Klava Koka: está demasiado desorganizada LMAO pero sinceramente me gusta! reina... rusa? ucraniana? algo de eso
17) Matt Maeson: me gusta bastante!! es muy bonita:)
18) aespa: quiero llorar TODO MAL
19) MARUV: me ha gustado la verdad, no demasiado pero ahí está!
20) Gregory Dillon: me ha encantado lol mucho más q la primera vez q la escuché x
21) TAYANNA: BESTIA! sinceramente, y odio admitirlo, la canciĂłn es buena :(
22) Victoria Justice: todo correcto REINA! i think we ALL should point her! cogeis la referencia jajsaj
23) Ambar Lucid: absolutamenet TODO mal. la parte española? qué haces nena
24) Karmen x BRUJA: pero y este puto TEMAZO? es que me encanta lol de verdad que es super guay
1262 days 9 hours ago
VanessaFeltz
Mansionair x nombre: Chorus saves it from being boring

Goldilox: Someone's horny!

Ladilla Rusa: it's crap but I like it

Lauv and Lany: lauv always makes good songs. Very dreamy

Bling bling: decent for what it is

Amel bent x imen es: boring i could fall asleep

Uzari: nope. Don't get this

Liza owen: trying too hard to be edgy

Anabel England and Mk: she sounds bored. Put some effort in

Ori: he sounds so bored. Its a lively song. Do something

Pink fantasy: Actually good!

Medina: bland. Next

Cupcakke: horrible! Jk I do like Cupcakke

Stray kids: vile! No jk

Lou elliotte: verses very good. Chorus not as strong. Overall good

Klava koka: There was a lot more that this song could have done

Matt maeson: takes a while to get going. Good after the chorus

Aespa: i have no words

Maruv: who would have thought that hanging out the washing would be the start to a great song

Gregory dillon: Very 80s. I can shake my booty to this

Tayanna: this is what klava wants to be

Victoria Justice: She qualified this time! Proud of her!

Amber Lucid: sounds very discover spotify playlist but I'm not hating it

Karmen x bruja: I like this music when it is done well. This is not
1262 days 8 hours ago
bibbles
01) Mansionair x NoMBe – it was ok, a bit strange!
02) Goldilox – that was horrible!
03) Ladilla Rusa – that was irritating on a whole new level!!
04) Lauv & LANY – it was okay, no unlistenable!
05) Bling Bling – its was okay, not too bad!
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es  - it was okay, plodded along!
07) UZARI – I quite enjoyed that!
08) Liza Owen – ive heard worse, it was okay.
09) Anabel Englund & MK – far too repetitive and one note!!
10) ORÎ – this was better second time around!
11) Pink Fantasy – bit twee in places but it was okay.
12) Medina – shes quite nasally! Not really my thing.
13) CupcakKe – This. Is. Not. Iconic. I didn’t even click it, don’t want to add to the view count, sue me!!
14) Stray Kids – tolis, its stray kids!!! Still cant get over how deep felix voice is!!
15) Lou Elliotte - not a fan of her style of singing, its okay.
16) Klava Koka – its okay, no something I would chose to listen to.
17) Matt Maeson – this sounds nice, oh, you had to ruin it!
18) aespa – that first singer shes a bit shrill! Its okay.
19) MARUV – its okay, a bit long feeling!
20) Gregory Dillon – this wasn’t too bad, quite enjoyed it.
21) TAYANNA – the underlying tune sounds like something from a 70s/80s film!
22) Victoria Justice – shes got a squeak on her voice!!
23) Ambar Lucid – bit of this are okay, bits are a bit draggy!!
24) Karmen x BRU – I found this annoying!
1261 days 23 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. Mansionair x NoMBe - I’m begging y’all to stop sending people who sound like they’re reading the lyrics off a teleprompter for the first time as they’re recording. It’s not a good sound.

2. Goldilox - Idk what it is, but something about this just causes me physical pain <3

3. Ladilla Rusa - This is the trashiest thing I’ve ever heard except it’s in the worst way possible. Please get this away from me.

4. Lauv & LANY - This was almost decent, but then the chorus was one of the worst things I’ve heard all year.

5. Bling Bling - Most of the KPOP this week was really solid, but I’m just really not feeling this one. It’s just very chaotic for no reason.

6. Amel Bent x Imen Es - This is nice. Solid beat, French sounds great as always, the vocals blend well. Not bad!

7. UZARI - This chorus wants so badly to be Siren Song, but there’s no personality.

8. Liza Owen - I don’t know, everything was there but I kind of just want more of it. Punch me in the face.

9. Anabel Englund & MK - This has potential, but the drop is just way too much for the rest of the song

10. ORI - Oh! It’s this song! I heard it in my Discover Weekly a couple months ago and absolutely hated it <3

11. Pink Fantasy - This is such a bop! Love the oriental influences sprinkled throughout, adn the chorus is lovely.

12. Medina - How do so many of y’all see the phrase “send that song you’ve been DYING to send” and submit the most mediocre music on the planet? I just want to feel something.

13. CupcakKe - Abhorrent. Appalling. I’m going to vomit.

14. Stray Kids - I absolutely ADORE this song. Stray Kids has such a strong discography, and this is ranked right near the top of that list. The upbeat bassline is something you don’t normally hear in KPOP and I think it’s used perfectly here.

15. Lou Elliotte - Can we stop with the mediocre white women please? Where’s the SPICE? Where’s the FLAVOR?

16. Klava Koka - I fucking hate all of you.

17. Matt Maeson - We’ve progressed from mediocre white women to mediocre white men <3 that’s reverse character development.

18. aespa - I never expect much from KPOP groups with gimmicky concepts, but I was pleasantly surprised by this debut. Solid girlcrush concept.

19. MARUV - No more MARUV. TSC has progressed past the need for MARUV

20. Gregory Dillon - I was ready to read this for meing mediocre white man #2, but it’s honestly pretty solid? I dig the instrumental and he has a really nice voice.

21. TAYANNA - Not exactly the typical trashy Eastern European fare, but I don’t really think that’s a good thing in this case.

22. Victoria Justice - You can tell she’s a Nickelodeon star because this is as bland as everything that’s been on Nick in the past 15 years.

23. Ambar Lucid - Oh goodie, more mediocre R&B(?)-type music.

24. Karmen x BRUJA - I’m not sure how to feel about the verses, but that chorus goes so hard. Not sure how it’ll end up doing with me but I enjoyed it.
1261 days 21 hours ago
turkeylover
01) Mansionair x NoMBe - Well! This is okay? It’s good at times and then kind of meh at other times! But I don’t hate this! I kinda like this but in a “i’m never gonna listen to this again” way.
02) Goldilox - art. Literal art. There’s something, like, spooky about the song? I don’t know what it is or whatever but it’s addicting.
03) Ladilla Rusa - Wow um this is something… ! there’s just so much to unpack. This song is all over the place. I can’t even focus… I’m just so lost?
04) Lauv & LANY - The bar is on the floor for the semi 1 voters and they need to pick it up. This is so bland. I dislike it. Sorry but not really!
05) Bling Bling - This is cute! It’s fun and stuff! This could be more wowing or whatever. So there’s that. But I like this!
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es - This is cute! Maybe semi 2 voters are good! Like with bling bling, this could pack more of a punch and stuff! But yeah. It’s cute!
07) UZARI - Now what the hell is this… semi 1 voters were also flops! This is awful. God, this song is pissing me off! However, i’m also tired so that’s probably why but who cares.
08) Liza Owen - Oh I love Liza Owen! And I’m glad she was sent! But she has better songs!! Don’t get me wrong, I’m kinda stanning this but, like, she can do better.
09) Anabel Englund & MK - Oh this is so good! I didn’t expect this to be a serve omg! I’m kinda in love with it…
10) ORÎ - Another man? Really? Actually I don’t hate this! It’s basic and stuff but it’s cute! It feels like it would be on the love, victor soundtrack or something? Yeah.
11) Pink Fantasy - This is cute. It could be, like, gaggier at times or whatever. But it’s cute. The rap(?) was kinda bad. And this song does feel messy at times. But it’s cute.
12) Medina - Oh yes. This is so good. I’m living for it omg. I’m a sucker for disco esque songs! So yay!
13) CupcakKe - This actually kind of serves! I haven’t really heard many cupcakke songs but I wasn’t expecting her to do something like this! I’m pleasantly surprised!
14) Stray Kids - Isn’t one of the members in stray kids problematic or something? Idk but whatever. This is fine. It’s nothing special.
15) Lou Elliotte - yeah! This is cute. That’s it. It’s just cute. Like, I really can’t name anything special about this song. It’s just cute.
16) Klava Koka - Yeah. This is cute. White foregin pop girl making white foregin pop music! Good for her!
17) Matt Maeson - Ugh. This is disgusting. I hate country music. It’s so awful!!! Just say you want to f*ck your tractor yeehaw and go like damn. We don’t need a whole ass song the fuck. And now this song just gets worse when it gets more poppy. I’m so over this final.
18) aespa - This is actually super cute! I like it! And the music video is so good. They kinda did that.
19) MARUV - Wait this is actually kinda good omg! It’s interesting and, like, creepy in a way? I like it!!
20) Gregory Dillon - Okay. I was going to go on a rant about how this song is awful but the chorus started and now I kinda like this…. Maybe Gregory does deserve rights omg! Okay! I’m liking this more the longer it plays…. Ugh, I hate myself for liking this.
21) TAYANNA - Oh this is serving! I have no idea what she’s saying of course but I just know it’s poetry. I hate poetry with a passion but I’ll make an exception for Tayanna.
22) Victoria Justice - Wow! This song has no business being this good omg! I love this tbh! It’s so cutesy and catchy.
23) Ambar Lucid - Wait this is serving??? It’s giving me teen witch??? This is so good??? I love it??? I belong to the universe! Oh I stan this. Yep. Winner. I’m kinda obsessed.
24) Karmen x BRUJA - Yeah. This is cute and stuff. It feels very meh at times though. A little basic. I feel like we’ve heard this before. But it’s cute
1261 days 20 hours ago
ganghandedcat
01 : Mansionair x NoMBe – Guillotine : This is pretty regular male indie with a rock piece on the side. The bridge into the last chorus is great, but that’s the main positive about this. The rest of the song felt very one note, and even that bridge came into a chorus that didn’t do that much. But still, not too bad.
02 : Goldilox – Sex Paranoia : Ugh…. What a BANGER, full stop. Never expected this to grace the Tengaged stage but I am extremely proud in seeing such an amazing banger, and that there’s a player here that has a taste that willingly decided, “Hey, I should send this song, it’s a banger!”. Because ganghandedcat is here to support you all the way. This makes me miss male genitalia honestly.
03 : Ladilla Rusa ft. Joan Colomo & Los Ganglios - KITT y los coches del pasado : This is such an experience… I’m always one for a waily Spanish voice, especially in a beat infused whopper like this. In parts I was confused, but then, like magic, I just… got it? Honestly, this is such an emotional track and I appreciate you varlto for sending this. If this isn’t varlto, I’d be extremely surprised if I’m being honest. Slap.
04 : Lauv & LANY – Mean It : The fuck is this disgrace to music, what a bore. Hate and utterly despise music like this, this fake happy vibe that does nothing other than make me want to cut off my ears extremely quickly. So boring and vapid, not in any way chill vibes. Yikes. What a bore.
05 : Bling Bling – G.G.B. : When I saw the title, I immediately thought of the date-rape drug GHB, because I watched a gay youtuber talk about it a few hours, scary stuff. Then I saw the theme on the video and I thought that was the direction we were going in. Starts pretty good, if not lacking a bit of energy. In the chorus, my same critique remains. There’s no sass in this, nothing making me buy this. That drop, with them singing over it, is one of my personal peeves if not executed perfectly.
06 : Amel Bent x Imen Es – Jusqu’au bout : Heard this song hundreds of time, and I get more tired with every passing time. Very fine, solid Francopop, but for its genre it’s really nothing that’s excited. We’ve heard it. Nice to see Amel’s back though, good on her. She seems like a doll you’d hang out with for the lash.
07 : UZARI – Moy Vibe : This was snagged off of my shortlist, fuck. What a slapper, think this can do very well in tonight’s result show. Love that chorus, with a beat that’s done Maruv maybe better than what’s she’s done tonight? Well, well done. Come on Belarus, NOT Russia.
08 : Liza Owen – Starry Eyed : There was something about this which sold it to me? I’m not fully sure what it is, I think it was the last chorus if I’m being honest with you. It feels like that last chorus which has that oomph. This is really promising to see from Liza Owen, a nice song. I’m sure she’s got the power in her to go all the way.
09 : Anabel Englund & MK – Underwater : Pretty solid. Many songs do this better, but this is a really smooth song with nice transitions throughout. Not a lot to say here, other than perfectly solid.
10 : ORÎ – Fire in the Flood : What is this wailing man dirge? Nice production, but the song’s missing on this one. Felt really dated.
11 : Pink Fantasy – Shadow Play : Better opener than the last K-Pop song. Let’s see where this goes… Nowhere exciting? Okay. Oh, here’s some rap. Not bad, feels pretty sassy, kinda? Nice brass after the second chorus. See how I’m not saying if I like or dislike this? Exactly.
12 : Medina – In And Out Of Love : Pretty boring Medina song, have been bored of her for a long time. This isn’t bad but it’s lacking something exciting or pulsating that really gets me going. Thought this could be a NQ actually. It’s not bad though, kinda soothing?
13 : CupcakKe – Discounts : An icon is back, and she’s seemed to have matured her rap in such a classy and beautiful way. Feels a bit one note but at the same time this goes off. The plot twist in this video took me by surprise, and I’m living.
14 : Stray Kids – Back Door : The drop is fine I guess? The rest of it wasn’t doing that much for me, except when they shouted a bit later on. It’s no “Side Effects”.
15 : Lou Elliotte – Best You’ve Ever Had : This was so boring, fuck man. Took two minutes to get somewhere and in songs like this that’s a bad thing. Nothing more, nothing less.
16 : Klava Koka – Krutish’ : Why would you enter THIS Klava Koka song??? It’s not bad, but it’s lacking that MOMENT, or that wow factor. I’m not really sold on this at all. The verses are nice, but that chorus is not a lot to go on. I like the speaking verses part which pushes this up.
17 : Matt Maeson – Hallucinogenics : This started so dramatically… and I was like… so excited…. I then get a slow man on a guitar. What a let down on par with four songs this week. It’s kinda sweet though? Like it’s not good, but it’s not thaaaat bad. Looking at his Wikipedia page, I remember having googled him one time way back when, but I can’t recall whatever for.
18 : aespa – Black Mamba : This is pretty fine? Their vocals annoy me though, but the beat is nice. I’m bored later on though, like is this meant to impress me?
19 : MARUV – If You Want Her : When I said that UZARI did Maruv better than Maruv, I wasn’t wrong. However… this isn’t MARUV trying to be Maruv. This is her taking an entirely new direction that I’m in love with. Especially with that Ukrainian folk post-chorus, I’m sold on this honestly. She doesn’t fail to impress me. I hope to see her at Eurovision someday soon, even if the Eurofans are tired of her, I’m sure that Europe needs to see her talent.
20 : Gregory Dillon – Plastic Ferrari : What is this nonsense and how did it make its way to this finale? I’m honestly confused. He seems cute in his google images, but that doesn’t defend this. Google also described this as “pop euphoria”. What drugs are you on? Are you for real… Fuck’s sake. I was watching a gay film earlier and I cringed, not at the fact that it’s gay, I love gay, but for the fact that it was so cheesy and corny. This is how I feel. I do think he can make a nice song in the future.
21 : TAYANNA – Eyforiya : On a listen after that last song, this is weirdly refreshing? I’m not going to pretend this is good in any sense, but it’s not as bad as I imagined it. It’s just very mediocre and one note, and I think her generic vocals do little to sell this track to me. Nonetheless, these beats are slowly making their way through to me, and I think that in a month from now, I may like this marginally more than I do now – which is an achievement for miss Tayanna. The main drawback is that it feels a bit too generic at parts? Yeah.
22 : Victoria Justice – Gold : LMAO. I wonder what she’s up to. That’s all, really. It’s clear this song isn’t good in a serious capacity in this day and age. It’s iconic, sure. She has a great voice, and this would probably be something I’d really enjoy back in the days of 2015 or so? Has a very Anja Nissen vibe to it. I think she’s copying Anja Nissen, honestly. Or maybe, Anja Nissen mixed with Samantha Jade? Yeah. The fact that I’m ranking it as highly as I may do is a testament to this week. Be best.
23 : Ambar Lucid – Universe : Love her voice, and this chorus is precisely one that I can sway my head to. Her voice is extremely silky, as if it were made of the metal that is gold. Feels one note at parts, but it’s really, really good for sure. Really smooth and overall just a good total package.
24 : Karmen x BRUJA – Belladonna : This is right up my alley when it comes to Romanian pop. Feels a bit similar to that Touché track from last week, just amplified and made better. Love her voice, it feels so sassy, and I’m always one to have people dress and express themselves as they please. The opening shot is so weirdly pleasing to me, like her eyes, so pretty and fierce in an innocuous way. That drop could have something to make it a 10/10, but then this Romanian rap from this BRUJA comes in, and I’m sold as she does it so elegantly and boppily. One of my favourites this week, no questions asked.

All in all, a pretty average week. The beginning got me fully invested, got bored in the middle, and it slightly picks up at the end?
1261 days 15 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
01) Mansionair x NoMBe - For some reason this is giving me Chainsmokers lite so you can probably tell that I'm not very keen on it LOL! The production was nice at points but the whole package is gonna have to be a no from me.
02) Goldilox - PERIOD BITCH! This is so fucking good yess give me the autotuned vocals. Pleasee I need this to qualify I love this song so much. ֆɛӼ քǟʀǟռօɨǟ!!!!!!!!!!!!! EDIT: SHE DID IT PERDOBTUJCHEIFHDOFHGVJHGDIHFDIHFUG WINNER WINNER
03) Ladilla Rusa - LMFAOOO. I didn't like this that much on the first listen in the listening party but I've officially warmed up to this absolute trainwreck. The production is it's saving grace though truly.
04) Lauv & LANY - I love the mute button. It’s my daily medicine, my weekly energy, my monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. The mute button is the only reason I'm still alive. I was born to love and enjoy the slay that is the mute button.
05) Bling Bling - YESSSSSS. GG BAD BAD GG BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WINNER WINNER YUPPPPP https://media1.tenor.com/images/c7f840a6793311277478a8262297df8c/tenor.gif
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es - I love what these queens are giving, it's not the best thing this week has to offer but it's nice to bop along to and I had zero issues w/ it, it outsold like the rest of its semi.
07) UZARI - This song kinda aged a bit since the semi I cannot lie.. I still kinda like it, the MARUV copy & paste is very evident like this beat always goes over well for me but it's time to come up with something else. It's still good ig but not hitting as hard.
08) Liza Owen - It was decent ig, but quite literally nothing I'd ever look for to listen to again. The second listen it's still giving mediocrity.
09) Anabel Englund & MK - I love Milka lite <3 this was a cute song, one of the better semi 1 qualifiers.
10) ORĂŽ -  I really don't like this he's doing the absolute most and it's not translating to ME, it's not really BAD objectively but something about it annoys me and I'm not a fan.
11) Pink Fantasy - OMG! My mothers are BACK. Obviously not as good as the song I sent by them but it's up there ofc, they did what they had to do quite frankly, ended CHUNG HA'S play w their shadow play.
12) Medina - This song has literally been on my recommended a million times but I've never clicked. Now I'm wondering why I didn't cause this is kinda good.. It's giving Mel C lite with more of a beat but I don't hate that, I like this quite a bit acc.
13) CupcakKe - I prefer it when she's more vulgar tbh, this song in particular is not near her strongest. Though I do think some players are being edgy by dragging her.
14) Stray Kids - The best song that qualified in semi 1 and it's not even close. I wouldn't mind them winning actually, this is one of their better songs.
15) Lou Elliotte - This was quite boring, I already didn't like it in the listening party and on second listen if anything my opinion of it is worse LOL. Mediocre white women exit stage left.
16) Klava Koka - That was alright, It's giving Swish Swish lite but make it Russian. I wanted to like this more than I did tbh, maybe if it had a better production.
17) Matt Maeson - https://media1.tenor.com/images/89593667d24cdab1f96b1a6a14cbee94/tenor.gif
18) aespa - Omg yes BLACKPINK lite is here! I do like this song though, it reminds me of the production of my robbed bop Heaven On My Skin in the verses. It's not AMAZING but I like it quite a bit x
19) MARUV - People drag MARUV and thats fine but this is literally good and most of her songs are. It's a bit TIRED I know but it's a good song what else is there to say? LOL.
20) Gregory Dillon - The video itself makes me cringe a bitsy but this is a good song! His voice shines in some bits I'm sure y'all know what part I'm talking about.
21) TAYANNA - I feel like I've heard this song before even though I know I haven't! Oh jk that's just cause it's Blinding Lights lite but make it Ukrainian. LOL I love using the word lite when describing a song. It's obviously good infact I think it's winning.
22) Victoria Justice - https://media0.giphy.com/media/YRt6GxBy7pHQY7ZIEq/200.gif
23) Ambar Lucid - I live for the slayyyter cosplay in the pic <3. Now why did this have to slay as much as it did? Her voice is defo the highlight, I love when she goes to the higher register right before the chorus and then she continues slaying in the chorus. I love everything about it tbf x
24) Karmen x BRUJA - The Romanian music scene serves it really does. I liked this better in the semi honestly, it's still decent but not hitting how it did when it opened semi 2. It's INNA lite and that's okay!
1261 days 14 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Mansionair x NoMBe - Reminds me slightly of Sofi Tukker with a little less edge to it, though in this particular case that's more of a good thing. Decent start, wish there was more power to it, but it's executed well for what it is.
2. Goldilox - A bit of a shame that this quirky, bizarre production hides the fact that the song really lags behind.
3. Ladilla Rusa - Uh, this is definitely quite a lot to take in. Different, but I am leaning more towards a no.
4. Lauv & LANY - It is very frequent that when artists collaborate, their release usually has the issue of their energies cancelling each other out. Now imagine that two boring acts like these lot in this scenario. If anything, this sounds like a watered-down version of Youth by Troye Sivan with the chorus being completely torn into mediocrity. Ugh.
5. Bling Bling - No wonder the comment section is flooded with Brazilian people, considering the major Baile Funk influences in this. Pity the whole product is a rather disjointed mess with rather predictable melodies that just plod along rather than bring anything fresh to the table.
6. Amel Bent x Imen Es - Quite generic, but it's executed well. Can't really complain too much, a pretty solid effort.
7. UZARI - Not bad, I have heard this done better before. Let's see how this compares to the MARUV entry later in the order.
8. Liza Owen - Kind of cookie-cutter, bland and just not interesting whatsoever.
9. Anabel Englund & MK - The moment you see MK had involvement in a song, you kind of know how the chorus drop is going to sound. This sounds a lot like Milka by Jozels, which is actually a really good thing, as this sort of a production really elevates the whole package. Very solid if not a bit unspectacular.
10. ORĂŽ - Oh, something from my playlist! His voice kind of doesn't do a great job on a track like this, but as a whole this is a pretty good entry.
11. Pink Fantasy - They went for this tired Latin sound, however they did something completely different here by focusing on the hard beat rather than the other background bullshit. Probably one of the best iterations of such production in awhile, good song.
12. Medina - It's been awhile since I last heard from her. There are quite a few EDM-oriented entries this week, I would say this does a pretty nice job for what it is. She looks and sounds like Mel C, and that isn't a horrible thing by any means.
13. CupcakKe - Nowhere near her best by any means, though the 'Like Cardi forehead' line absolutely killed me. Just not that keen on the production here, though I can always rely on her to spit some bars.
14. Stray Kids - There's always something about their production that keeps me somewhat interested, mostly because they tend to change up things in the chorus most of the time. This feels slightly tamer to their other releases, but it's still quite a solid choice.
15. Lou Elliotte - Most definitely not the best I've ever had. Pretty uninspiring, felt like a chore to go through this.
16. Klava Koka - Thought I was about to get ballad-fucked, instead I got a pretty standard eastern-european pop tune. The chorus really depreciates the overall quality, a bit of a wasted potential.
17. Matt Maeson - This sounds like a PoohSnap entry. Wish the official remix with Lana was used, as it has a bit more power to it. Not bad.
18. aespa - What a disappointment. This just follows the most typical generic-isms that are currently trendy in k-pop and it's not even done well. It resembles the worst of K/DA-style songs. Not very good.
19. MARUV - Not particularly impressed by this, the beat drop feels like it came out of blue rather than as a part of a coherent product. Not a terrible entry, just slightly torn on what it could have been after intriguing verses.
20. Gregory Dillon - It went into the mid-2010s EDM direction in the 2nd verse, but I got to admit this was not as bad as I expected this to be. Could use some more punch to it.
21. TAYANNA - This song is genuinely great and I hate the fact that someone as boring as her released an absolute bop with great 80s inspired synths. 0 points.
22. Victoria Justice - LMAO, kind of dying at this being in the finals. It's obviously quite dated considering when this was released, but thanks for a good cackle.
23. Ambar Lucid - Unnecessary vocal theatrics from the very start. Got better as it went on, but she needs to hold back on showing off because it doesn't sound very pleasant.
24. Karmen x BRUJA - This was going pretty well until this complete abomination of a drop. Who thought this was a good idea? Complete drags down an otherwise solid tune.
1261 days 14 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Mansionair x NoMBe - its fine. nothing amazing. hypnotic chours
02) Goldilox - ok this was intrguing. not the best song i enjoyed the impact
03) Ladilla Rusa - not much better on 2nd attempt. kinda troll though
04) Lauv & LANY - this qualifying is homophobic somehow
05) Bling Bling - ok this is good
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es - i really enoyed this in parts. good job
07) UZARI - not bad actually. probably will struggl to get my points but its fine. chours slaps
08) Liza Owen - this was very one note but not bad
09) Anabel Englund & MK - i enjoyed thus more in the semi. its fine but was more of a one off song
10) ORĂŽ - this was fine. hate the accent though :( sorry
11) Pink Fantasy - the chours wasnt for me. better verses then the last kpop
12) Medina -very safe. not bad. we shallsee
13) CupcakKe - LMAO. i stan this bitch. she is the meghan thee stalion kfc edition
14) Stray Kids - the chours saved this from awfullness
15) Lou Elliotte - not for me sorry
16) Klava Koka - this was a dispointment. i love music like this but this was kinda tame
17) Matt Maeson - another one. i just dont think im in the mood for this?
18) aespa - ok slay bitch. i kinda stann
19) MARUV - she gets less impactful every submission sorry
20) Gregory Dillon - i actually quite enjoyed this
21) TAYANNA - MOM WINNER OF VIDBIR 2017 AND 2018
22) Victoria Justice - so dated....hence why i love it
23) Ambar Lucid - this was not for me sorry
24) Karmen x BRUJA - a good end to the end of the year. a bit choatic./
1261 days 13 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) Mansionair x NoMBe - this felt a lot like advert music. indie male rock isn't the genre i usually gravitate towards anyways. decent for what it is and made for an easy listen, but at the same time it felt incredibly bland and monotonous. a big fat MEH.
02) Goldilox - OBSESSED. LITERALLY OBSESSED. goldilox/goldie boutilier/whatever other aliases she goes by's "very best" EP is genuinely a masterpiece and this song?? this is IT. the disco influences, the distorted vocals.. i understand why people wouldn't like this but this feels specifically designed for me to like it. an iconic song and i really can't wait to see whatever she does next. masterpiece.
03) Ladilla Rusa - LMFAO??? i mean, i stanned the theatrics and campiness of whatever what was going on... not necessarily the song. could hypothetically get ironic points but i wouldn't be holding my breath. i was slightly entertained throughout but the song is nothing to write home about.
04) Lauv & LANY - uuuuugh. i tried giving this a shot but like... who cares? when it comes to his discography, lauv has never made anything worthwhile to me, i said i FELT. most of his stuff is incredibly bland, this included. it's just all very lackluster? the only slightly interesting part of this song is how lauv and lany both have similar, 4-letter, begins-with-the-letter-L names and have identical voices yet are two different people. i guess mediocre men are dime a dozen!
05) Bling Bling - as a portuguese sister, anything that has any resemblance to kondzilla/brazillian funk is welcome to my ears. i never really thought about what a crossover between k-pop x funk would sound like other than a VERY very VERY bad MAGAMOO song, but this has truly shaken me to the core. that chorus is insane. it feels something anitta/lexa would do and i for one am here for it and am genuinely happy to see this style of music represented in TSC. the best k-pop of the week and it's not even close.
06) Amel Bent x Imen Es - pretty cute french bop. literally as far as my thoughts go on this really. it's qyute!!!
07) UZARI - wasn't this in northvision? i swear ive heard this before. that thumbnail is certainly familliar. honestly i dont really care for this? i can appreciate the brassy chorus but theres been so many entries this year alone that have executed this sound better. thought this would be a grower but i think i care for it less the second time around. meh.
08) Liza Owen - heard of this girl, largely thanks to turkey hyping her to death in my dms telling me to listen to another song of hers. had a feeling this would disappoint me but it actually was pretty good! ive been really into this female alt sound lately so this def fits the bill. good pick!
09) Anabel Englund & MK - yeah this was pretty good! i can definetly see the "milka" comparisons, a song that has kind of grown on me. i really wish the chorus went off slightly harder but as far as edm songs go? not bad! fits the bill, really solid pick.
10) ORĂŽ - was ready to drag the troye sivan lookalike but this sort of went off? maybe i shouldn't go that far. it's a decent song but it feels overproduced at points? idk i have a migraine rn and this really wasn't helping. like i said, decent song.
11) Pink Fantasy - i keep hearing "SHIT SHIT SHIT" in the chorus. sonically this kinda reminds me of GOOD song "boca" by dreamcatcher/BAD song "play" by chungha? i think i liked their previous song better but this kinda popped off a little. wish it did MORE, there's definetly some missed potential with the whole execution but it was nice enough. not sure if it's strong enough to make my points but i did enjoy this more on a second listen.
12) Medina - okay mel c! her vocals give me the SLIGHTEST mel c tease too. not too reminiscent but it DID cross my mind so! this is really cool actually. slick production and albeit the production on the chorus isnt quite as impactful as i wanted it to be, its still pretty solid. into this.
13) CupcakKe - heeyyy!! i haven't really kept in touch with cupcakke's discography bar like... her viral years apart from a few songs but i've always really loved her presence. this was pretty cool! nothing necessarily earth shattering but i do really love it, and i'm glad to see her come through like this. queenie.
14) Stray Kids - is this bibbles?"hey, can you come in?" being the first line in a song called "back door" sung by men seems a lil sus to me but i get it. like most of stray kids' discography that *i* am familliar with, this was pretty solid. the drop had me perched and i was toe tapping the whole way through. i'm glad to see GOOD male k-pop represented, even if it's not THE best. and that segways into my PSA: stream sunset by KNK!!!
15) Lou Elliotte - i can't lie, the 4:3 aspect ratio and budget mv had me slightly perched for this -- who said this wasn't tengaged music video contest?? -- but yeah this lost me by the chorus. it feels VERY average white woman you'd find at the corners of scandipop.co.uk/discover weekly. i don't necessarily hate it but nothing in it kept me necessarily invested.
16) Klava Koka - like the production on the verses and chorus, the pre chorus is a BIT boring but honestly i can tolerate this. this wasnt half bad really, a well produced slick bop, even if its not the best execution of this style ive heard recently. cool. it soured on me after the second listen but it's still not half bad. the swish swish lite beat, as brave put it, is the highlight of the song for me. standard, but slightly enjoyable.
17) Matt Maeson - WHO KILLED MATT MAESON??? i remember his first song. actually, no i don't. i remember LISTENING to his first song and being bored out of my mind. i don't know, i'm not american so like cis white men with guitars aren't really the genre i gravitate towards. this honestly wasn't as bad as i thought it would be but i wouldn't say i enjoyed it either.
18) aespa - not these girls... as someone who was perched for their debut, i was left disappointed with this in all honesty. it never really pops does it? it reeks of a bad aleXa song. mind you its not all bad, and it could be a grower for all i know but im really not going goo goo crazy for this. definetly not SM's best girlgroup debut ill tell you. actually let me talk abt the impact of girls generation's "into the new world" for a seco-
19) MARUV - hm. this wasn't half bad, but i wouldn't say it was good either. the outro really popped off but i never felt like the song really came full circle. interesting production elements but i wouldn't say i'm 100% sold on this.
20) Gregory Dillon - this BOP. had this song on my list and was contemplating sending it. his vocals and some parts of the video (mostly the part where he's fondling that tree) kind of prevent me from fully 100% stanning this era 1/2018 kim petras b-side -- seriously this reminds me a lot of "if u think about me" -- but i'll settle for a cute 95%. slick production and relatable lyrics. i love the LGBT community! tis a bop.
21) TAYANNA - the weeknd's never ending impact is this ANOTHER song trying to emulate blinding lights? actually nvm maybe i lied it gives me more erika vikman than after hours reject. honestly i like this but as far as after hours rejects go.. not my favorite. still, pretty good! this'll do well i think.
22) Victoria Justice - victoria justice winning the last week of TSC 2020 feels weirdly appropriate? i (think we ALL) had this song on my potentials list ready to annoy everyone with it. victoria justice is just a genuinely funny person in general and i'm so glad she's getting the spotlight. objectively a pretty bad song but it's always been a guilty pleasure of mine. what can i say? it's a CLASSIQUE. ended neon hitch ft tyga's career.
23) Ambar Lucid - holy fucking shit. ive actually heard of this girl around but ive never really checked out her music but this kind of took me by surprise. so ethereal and pretty while being really bouncy. really into this.
24) Karmen x BRUJA - feels like something 2020 inna would release. very romanian and very trendy. i do LIKE it... but i wouldn't rate this above decent. albeit it grew on me in a second listen so we'll see if it lands on my top 10 x

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!