This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 406 Final

Topic » TSC 406 Final

1387 days 19 hours ago
dragotistic
TSC needs more positivity, so in the spirit of positivity, all my comments will be positive and highlighting something I enjoyed about each song!

Ira Losco - I really like the chill vibe with the tinges of ethnic influence. It’s a well produced song sung by a talented vocalist.

Weyes Blood - This song is the perfect for when you are laying in bed just looking at the ceiling. This is a great example of artistic expression through music.

CUT_ - I think this song does a great job of molding sounds together that otherwise wouldn’t work. The vocalist is quite good and the production is solid.

Taylor Swift - She never fails to tell a great story through her songwriting. The vocals with the simplistic accompaniment of acoustic instruments really shines here.

Voyage x Breskvica - This is a great example of how to create an ethnic bop. The vocals take the lead over the accompaniment and it’s a great song to listen to.

The Band Perry - I respect the genre jump from country to alternative pop here. It’s a relaxing tune with a calming vibe.

Ricki-Lee - Sounds like an early 2000s pop hit! I really wanted to get out of my chair and dance around in my room. It’s a fun tune.

Agoney - He has a solid voice and it shines through on this song. I think that this is an incredible song.

UPSAHL - It’s a little postmodern but in a good way. I respect the artistry she portrays in her music and it definitely highlights her style.

Alanis Morissette - Almost 30 years in the industry and it feels like she hasn’t missed a beat. This is a nice anthem and shows off her voice in a great way.

LEDGER - I’m getting a lot of Paramore vibes! This is an all-around solid tune with great vocals and production.

Zara Larsson - She’s a pop superstar for a reason! Some people have that intangible quality that makes a star, and she has that in spades. She always makes great songs.

Ashe - She has a lovely voice! It stands out in the lite-retro pop style that this song takes on. A great example of a song knowing what it is and not overdoing it on any level.

RIELL - She does a great job of showing emotion through her vocals which is something pop singers typically lack in this era of pop. The accompaniment elevates the song and makes it a solid tune.

Destra - This song is full of good vibes and really fun to listen to! The melodies sung in this song are infectious and the lyrics are a great fit to the vibe of the song.

Chic - I just want to Boogie All Night to that bassline! This song is a great midtempo disco track.

Troye Sivan - I really like upbeat Troye! He’s a star for a reason, his music speaks to a lot of people and he serves as an inspiration to those looking up to him. This song is really “easy” to enjoy!

Meghan Trainor - I’m glad Meghan Trainor returned to form with this release. It’s a nicely crafted pop tune that incorporates the fun bassline she usually has in her songs!

Hannah Jane Lewis - Her voice is quite lovely in this song. The production does a great job of supporting her voice rather than just overpowering it. Lovely tune.

MOMOLAND - This is a great example of a song that executes everything really well. Solid vocals, solid production, great vibes, and has an addictive quality that makes you want to listen to it again!

Kylie Minogue - It’s really cool to see someone like her to continue to release solid pop music many years into her career! You just get lost in the vibes created by this song. It’s a lowkey bop!

Charli XCX - Two heavyweights making a song together? Yes please! The chorus in this song is really solid. I’m glad that the vocals take the lead over the production in this song, thus highlighting two great voices!

Leah Kate - What an infectious bassline! Each section of the song had it's own identity/sound and that's what made it special!

Chung Ha - Her vocal sounds great in this production! It’s a fun pop tune that incorporates a lot of different elements that work really well together!
1387 days 19 hours ago
Darbe
1.        Ira Losco – This was a bit bland/generic and is not up to par with her ESC entry
2.        Weyes Blood – This is stunning and I’m so glad it made it to finale
3.        CUT_ - Edgy but not really in a way that interested me
4.        Taylor Swift – Folk may not be for everyone, but I found this pretty
5.        Voyage x Breskvica – Showed some potential in places. Didn’t mind this, it was pleasant
6.        The Band Perry – Very much in my taste range. So glad this made it too, loved this.
7.        Ricki-Lee – “Got you wrapped around my pinkay” I screamed LMFAO
8.        Agoney – One of the best Spanish entries of the year probably. I do enjoy this, even though the melody is quite hard to follow.
9.        UPSAHL – It’s cool, I do feel like I’ve heard very similar stuff be done better.
10.        Alanis Morisette – Not too exciting for a bigger name, it’s okay. Worked better in the semi.
11.        LEDGER – Could see this as a contender this week. Reminds me of Paramore a bit.
12.        Zara Larsson – Wish it had a chorus but this has definitely grown on me with each listen I do admit
13.        Ashe – It’s kinda pretty but also kinda samey to other slightly alternative pop I’ve heard but less exciting
14.        RIELL – I set myself on FIYURE. Lmao anyway yeah this was okay, not too impactful.
15.        Destra – Lmfao it’s fun
16.        Chic – I was just transported to Austin Powers. Me and Foxy are boogying.
17.        Troye – I like him, but this isn’t one of his strongest efforts I can’t lie
18.        Meghan – LMFAO No Excuses. This song always cracked me up.
19.        Hannah Jane Lewis – It reminds me slightly of One Last Time. It’s really pretty in the chorus.
20.        MOMOLAND – It’s maybe SLIGHTLY too cutesy for me but It still is decent actually
21.        Kylie Minogue – I love her, not one of her stronger leads I don’t think
22.        Charli XCX – LMFAO at 3am being here but yeah it’s a cute bop
23.        Leak Kate – It was refreshing in the first semi. Not obsessed with it really but it’ll probably do well.
24.        CHUNG HA – I hear there was a clickrace for this. Anyway, yeah one of the biggest bops of the week, grats!
1387 days 6 hours ago
Slice
001) “hey now” by ira losco
this is fun. i would listen to this song if it came up on shuffle but like i wouldn’t seek it out to hit play on or add to a queue or a playlist if you know what i mean. like its cute

002) “andromeda” by weyes blood
shocking to me that nobody has EVER submitted weyes blood before. the absolute beauty of her voice and the whole titanic rising album… the emotion… truly unmatched sonic experience. the beautiful guitar and that bluegrass-y influence… stunning

003) “cry” by cut_
this was very enjoyable. it felt very short cause it was- i kinda wanted it to be a bit longer. i dont LOVE the vocals but i kinda find them charming regardless

004) “betty” by taylor swift
i don’t care about this album at all. not even a little bit. the fact that this song is 5 minutes is torture. stream 1989 instead

005) “budi tu” by voyage x breskvica
this was decent but the mans voice fucking SUCKS and ive heard this song a hundred thousand times before and its been done a hundred thousand times better

006) “nite swim” by the band perry
this is actually v chill and i like it quite a bit. kinda want to go night swimming with this song on. i have a pool in my backyard btw. B)

007) “do it like that” by ricki-lee
the way you can immediately tell this song is pushing the 2010 rule by the video thumbnail alone and then the actual song starts. this song is very of its time and its honestly fun and hits hard but it hasnt aged spectacularly LMFAO

008) “black” by agoney
god i feel like every effeminate male artist (either as a solo act or the lead vocal in a band) has released a song that sounds/goes exactly like this once in their life. don’t try and tell me i’m wrong.

009) “people i dont like” by upsahl
this is a real hard hitter. love the guitar and the bells/glasses a lot. the instrumentation is really dope. the artist’s voice works perfectly with the attitude of the track. it’s like edgy but it’s well worked into the song

010) “reasons i drink” by alanis morissette
supreme canadian talent. one of the most unique and interesting voices probably ever honestly. alanis morissette is what all those indie girls (halsey, etc.) think they sound like when they’re intentionally pronouncing words like that while they sing. i love her and i love this song. i love you alanis

011) “not dead yet” by ledger
i liked this, very paramore vibes which is right up my alley. nothing SPECTACULAR but i bopped regardless

012) “love me land” by zara larsson
i could get lost in love me land if it sounds like this over there. i love stop time in music so the pause after the chorus is great. i love how pared back the instrumental is while still being effective. love this

013) “save myself” by ashe
this is really fun and cute. i enjoyed the listen, i think ashe sounded great. the lyrical content is cute. i dont see myself listening to this more or seeking it out but i had a good time

014) “first” by riell
i dont love this. it feels kind of amateurish? like it isnt but it just doesnt feel well built, which is a shame because riell sounds pretty good.

015) “permission slip” by destra garcia
this song suffers a little bc i keep comparing it to lucy which is by FAR one of the best songs ever submitted to eurovision but it still has that fun destra garcia soca sound that i adore and i do NOT need a permission slip to like this song

016) “boogie all night” by chic
oh this is a MASSIVE groove. chic has some iconic oldies (le freak) and nao is one of my favourite artists. i probably wouldve submitted the lady gaga one but this shit has me DANCINGGGG. i wanna hit up a club, alas…

017) “easy” by troye sivan
i just dont care about troye sivan quite frankly. the verses are fine but the chorus is fucking AWFUL. AWFUL!!!!!! the way he sings is terrible!! it sounds like hes off beat and that WOO is HORRENDOUS…. this shit fucking sucks. stick to your day job of being a boring gay youtuber

018) “no excuses” by meghan trainor
i HATE meghan trainor. this fucking song though? unrelenting bop. i got lemonface hooked on this song. like shes right there are no excuses. this song doesnt have to hit so hard but it does. i hate you meghan trainor

019) “frozen frames” by hannah jane lewis
not every pretty white girl with a decent voice needs to become a singer. i think, if anything, what these girls are good for is giving producers the opportunity to make bangin instrumentals. granted they also all copy each other and make the same thing over and over but i digress <3

020) “thumbs up” by momoland
its no bboom bboom or baam and i hate the thumbs up part of thumbs up…. the chorus sucks. love the instrumentation in the second verse. i dont have many positive things to say otherwise

021) “say something” by kylie minogue
comparing this to the rest of kylie minogues discog…. its not her best work. but is that unfair? perhaps… considering kylie’s talent is immense, OBVIOUSLY. this is a pretty good song but its sooooo middle of the road for her.

022) “3am (pull up)” by charli xcx
uhhhh not one of my favourite songs of all time being submitted to tsc LMFAO… this is my most listened to song on last.fm (which only rly started scrobbling in like early 2017) but this song is just spectacular. i could listen to it over and over. charli and mo both sound great. its fun, its dancy, it serves you flavour and emotion… its perfect pop pleasure. its sonic excellence. what else is there to say, really? i listened to it like 10 times during my finals playthru because i kept coming back to it after a bad song

023) “used to this” by leah kate
love the opening to this. that bass in the back is SEXY. the chorus is really hittin hard and quite frankly i enjoy this song a lot. i could absolutely get used 2 listening 2 this. thanks luv

024) “play” by chung ha
a fun summery bop for sure. i enjoy this a lot, to the extent of it being a good song but nothing galaxy brain mind blowing. this trop sound is getting old for kpop but you know chung ha turned it out
1387 days ago
LornaHollas
1. Didn't appreciate the random man chiming in every once in a while but everything else about this is cool and catchy
2. Really like her voice and it makes the song very atmospheric
3. Didn't really care for her voice
4. This was really good! Quite like this sound for Taylor
5. I feel like I should like this but it was just a bit meh. I blame the guy
6. It was a bit basic
7. Love her but this song is not it
8. This was quite nice
9. Heard this before. Quite like this
10. Queen! Her new album is amazing! Great song!
11. This is right up my alley! I loved it!
12. Didn't expect much from her but this was really good!
13. Grew on me as it went along
14. It was alright. Not very memorable
15. This was so trashy lol
16. There are better songs from that album but this one is alright
17. I absolutely love this song! I've had it on repeat since it came out!
18. This song goes off! Such a bop!
19. Meh
20. I actually quite liked this
21. I love her so much! She keeps delivering bops!
22. Her music is always a bit hit or miss but this one is a bop!
23. This was really good! Quite catchy!
24. Well that was horrible!
1386 days 23 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Ira Losco - I appreciate how she always keeps us on our toes you never know if you’re getting a good song or a shit song with her. Unfortunately this is a bit of a shit song it doesn’t really do much but yeah! Love her.
02) Weyes Blood - This qualifying is SO GOOD but it getting death slot is SO BAD. I have to be honest I don’t love EVERYTHING on Titanic Rising but I definitely love this, probably my favourite of the songs that are eligible. Absolutely gorgeous I’m so glad it qualified I really am.
03) CUT_ - Just when I thought I was gonna enjoy this, the chorus hit and… yeah nope. The verses and build-up are pretty chaotic, and take a bit of getting used to, but the chorus really goes down the faux indie pop I can’t stand. It’s a shame, because there were parts of this I definitely enjoyed, but as a whole it felt unpolished and that let it down big time.
04) Taylor Swift - I still haven’t heard anything from Folklore so this serves as my introduction to that. Yeah this is so my thing, I usually like her as a person a lot more than I like her music but this is lovely. It definitely feels like an album track but a good album track. Really like it, the chorus is so pretty and it built really nicely.
05) Voyage x Breskvica - I had a feeling we’d be seeing this here LMAO I kinda stan. I’m not as much of a stan of this as other people in ESCT are, and I’m pretty much only really into the chorus, but it’s still a bop and it keeps growing on me. Even the man isn’t enough to put me off.
06) The Band Perry - Well this is not what I was expecting from The Band Perry at all. I was willing to give this a chance but it was honestly just a bore I think I would’ve preferred a country song to this. Doesn’t go anywhere I just don’t care for it at all.
07) Ricki-Lee - LMAO this is a bit shit really but I kinda stanned it for that reason. Idk I’ll only vote for it if there aren’t ten other songs I enjoyed but this was really funny. Would’ve stanned the shit out of this when it was first released.
08) Agoney - Wow I’m so woke on Spanish music I actually knew this one. I wish I didn’t because now I’m homophobic.
09) UPSAHL - Yeah I’ve heard this one before it’s a bop. It’s not as good as 12345SEX but it’s probably more TSC friendly. The chorus takes a bit of getting used to but I’m definitely into it now. Really solid as a whole, benefits from being so short too.
10) Alanis Morissette - Come on Next to Me by Emeli Sande! Idk this was okay but kinda passed me by. Not as bad as I was kinda expecting because these new songs from “older” artists tend to be bad but I was a bit like… meh.
11) LEDGER - Oh the chorus made this. Don’t care for the verses but that chorus is a SERVE. I usually stan female fronted rock and I definitely enjoyed this. I feel like it kinda lost me halfway through because the verses aren’t that good but it’s still solid and probably a contender.
12) Zara Larsson - This song is SUCH a grower. I know she’s a horrible concept thieving bitch for daring to wear a black bodysuit and dance but this song is just such a bop. Feels edgy while still being quite radio friendly and listenable, with a strong hook. I’m not usually a Zara fan but this is definitely one of her best.
13) Ashe - Really enjoyed this one actually, the chorus is really nice, good voice, melodically it’s so pretty, the part after the second chorus where she belts “you” was so good, yeah I really have nothing to complain about here. I actually stan this shit out of this it just gets better and better as it goes on. Incredible.
14) RIELL - Another one let down a bit by the chorus, though I don’t think a better chorus would’ve elevated this to much more than background music. It’s fine, very ordinary, pretty inoffensive and unmemorable. Elements of potential, she’s got a great voice, but I’m not gonna be coming back to this song anytime soon.
15) Destra Garcia - I feel like this thing has been done a lot better before (including by Destra herself). Idk it’s fun but it didn’t pop off as much as I was hoping it would I wanted something trashier and boppier but I’m not gonna remember this past this week.
16) Chic - Oh I LOVE Nao so I was already excited for this. Yeah this is really really solid I stan. Executes a sound I usually really like really well. Bop.
17) Troye Sivan - I was fully expecting to not care about this but I actually liked it??? Fuck sake. The chorus falls a little flat but overall this was a really pleasant listen tbh I think it’s one of his best actually. I say it again, fuck sake.
18) Meghan Trainor - LMAO I don’t know what’s worse - this song being sent at all or the fact that I actually really like it. I know I shouldn’t, it’s really obnoxious, but I was a secret Meghan stan when her first album was out and this has a lot of the things I liked about that. Ffs take my points and we can never speak of this again.
19) Hannah Jane Lewis - Lmao I’ve had this song on my playlist for years but I never got around to sending it. It’s good, really good production with a strong chorus. All around a really solid song I don’t have anything negative to say about it.
20) MOMOLAND - I’m not crazy for this, I’d probably call it like tier 2 or 3 K-pop because I wasn’t really THAT into it, but it’s pretty decent. Grew on me as it went on, it’s catchy. 
21) Kylie Minogue - I haven’t listened to this again after the first time I heard it so I wasn’t really expecting much going into the revisit. I mean I wouldn’t call this a BAD song, it’s still Kylie, but it kinda falls a bit flat for me. I can see what it’s trying to do, it just doesn’t quite accomplish that unfortunately. It’s pleasant but a bit underwhelming, maybe a grower.
22) Charli XCX - Pretty standard for Charli, parts of it are good but it kinda faded into the background. Maybe I’m just not in the right mood for it, but it just didn’t really do much for me here.
23) Leah Kate - Idk this had potential but ultimately fell a little flat for me. Maybe it’s a grower or something I’m just not feeling right at this moment but I was expecting it’d amount to a bit more than what I got. Meh.
24) Chung Ha - IT’S THE BOOKIES FAVOURITE GET HER!! Yeah this is the favourite for good reason though I can’t believe no one sent it last week. One of the strongest K-pop entries of the year and it hasn’t aged or become stale in the month(?) since it’s been released. Such a bop, her strongest song, great song.
1386 days 21 hours ago
Insanity
1. Ira Losco - Initial reaction before I get to the chorus: Malta goes country? Wait I just completely missed the first chorus LMAO. This was pretty one note throughout and kinda boring. The adlibs were also 100% unnecessary.
2. Weyes Blood - This was just dreary. Very go girl give us nothing because I was truly bored and uninspired by the end. Not for me I’m afraid.
3. CUT_ - It’s got some interesting elements to it. Reminds me a bit of a Flume song in places. This one will have to take some time to grow on me, but it’s a cute lil song.
4. Taylor Swift - Haven’t even bothered to listen to Taylor’s new album, and this harmonica story telling song does not convince me to begin streaming it. I’m only a minute and a half into this song and I wanted it to end. If this wasn’t Taylor Swift you all would’ve let this NQ and you know it.
5. Voyage x Breskvica - Not really sure about this one. I just really don’t see the appeal to this one. I want to like it more, but it just sounds really poorly executed for what it was trying to go for.
6. The Band Perry - This was actually kind of interesting. The instrumentation was really cute in spots. This is the type of song I’d need to be in the right mood for, cause idk if this is playlist worthy right now.
7. Ricki-Lee - Come through drum line in the beginning. This screams cheap Felix bop. The beat sounds like a broken Tomagotchi or something. Don’t ask me why that’s what my first thought was.
8. Agoney - I love when an artist name warns you about what you’re about to be experiencing. Ok seriously though it wasn’t THAT bad but absolutely nothing I would revisit.
9. UPSAHL - *crosses this off my potential TSC songs playlist* I was afraid this would be a little bit too lowkey for TSC, but I really do love the vocals and the progression. I do think 12345SEX slightly outsold, but I dig this one almost just as much.
10. Alanis Morissette - Another sort of storytelling song. Alanis hasn’t really been doing it for me for awhile now. Nothing wrong with her music, but it just really doesn’t do much for me anymore I’m afraid, this song included.
11. LEDGER - Finally something with some sort of energy. Gives me a bit of PVRIS vibes. Wish the vocals were stronger to really elevate this song, but pretty good overall.
12. Zara Larsson - Absolutely loving this direction for Zara. The beat is sexy. Her vocals are sexy, The strings are gorgeous. I wish the chorus was just a little stronger, but otherwise, honey, this is IT.
13. Ashe - I see her a few times while looking for songs for this contest, but every time I listen to a song of hers I get bored. The chorus feels kinda cheesy. Not a fan.
14. RIELL - The song ended and I wrote literally nothing about it LOL. That perfectly encapsulates my feelings on the song, I was so indifferent to it.
15. Destra Garcia - Not one of my favorites from her. She’ll definitely have her stans that will eat this up because she’s a legend, but I mean, we’ve heard songs like this executed much better.
16. Chic - Love the funk instrumentation. The vibe of this song is something totally up my alley. Love Nao’s voice in this as well, it strangely fits in well with this song which I was concerned it wasn’t going to. Such a BOP.
17. Troye Sivan - This is not a great song from him. I felt pretty bored throughout, and I wasn’t a fan of his voice in this. The synth in the middle trying to sound like some sort of woodwind instrument was cute I guess? But like seriously this song was bland and not good.
18. Meghan Trainor - Honestly Meghan’s newer music kind of slaps. I’m totally all set with all about that bass, dear future husband, and her other doo wop inspired songs, but this was a cute lil bop honestly.
19. Hannah Jane Lewis - It’s a cute and inoffensive lil number. It’s not like revolutionizing pop or anything, but I was into this from start to finish.
20. MOMOLAND - LMAO this song is so stupid but I can’t help but to love it for both ironic and unironic reasons. Seriously though, the “hot hot issue issue” part really serves every single time.
21. Kylie Minogue - I’ve never been a huge Kylie stan if I’m being honest. The beat to this song is cute and sexy. I wasn’t floored by this song or anything through. It was kinda one note throughout.
22. Charli XCX - Number One Angel is my favorite Charli album, and I think this is a good song to introduce someone to Charli’s music because it can be a bit out there for people. This song follows a pretty standard pop song formula, and it works. The chorus is electric, the beat is killer, and Mø also sounds great in this. Zero complaints.
23. Leah Kate - Not bad, although a little bit plain for my tastes. It’s a cute song, but I needed something about this song to be elevated. The beat, the vocals, SOMETHING. It’s a little too vanilla.
24. CHUNG HA - The fact that some people say this is her best song when ROLLER COASTER and STAY TONIGHT are right there... Blasphemy, truly. This song has grown on me over time. I think the tropical house sound is getting a bit old but I mean it’s a cute lil number.
1386 days 18 hours ago
bibbles
01) Ira Losco – weird unnecessary beginning, not something I normally listen to, its ok.
02) Weyes Blood – this has strange 70s/Vangelis/harrison vibes about it. She sound familiar too, sort of Karen Carpenter. Very mysterious in a drug inducing kind of way!
03) CUT_ - shes very twee and insipid!
04) Taylor Swift – you kiss your mum with that mouth!!
05) Voyage x Breskvica – shes really nasally, not my thing, its okay.
06) The Band Perry – wish they were a bit more punchy, its okay.
07) Ricki-Lee – this reminds me of groups like the pussycat dolls, or Beyoncé!
08) Agoney – that was okay, quite liked it!
09) UPSAHL – boring, shes boring, she sounds boring, shes boring me!
10) Alanis Morissette – think ive heard this, its okay!
11) LEDGER – that was okay, shes a bit questionable in places, but I liked it!
12) Zara Larsson – its okay, not something I would choose to listen to.
13) Ashe – quite insipid and tweeish, the tune would be better without her vocals!
14) RIELL – shes trying way too hard, its quite annoying!
15) Destra Garcia - nope!
16) Chic – I like nile Rodgers, but these vocals are really irritating!!
17) Troye Sivan – its okay, is he using some voice thing?
18) Meghan Trainor – nope, don’t like her!
19) Hannah Jane Lewis – not something I would choose to listen to!
20) MOMOLAND – quite liked this!
21) Kylie Minogue – this was okay, for Kylie, a bit 80s!
22) Charli XCX – hells not frozen over yet!
23) Leah Kate – she has that annoying way of singing!
24) Chung Ha – I quite like this, like his voice better.
1386 days 15 hours ago
rodrigueseve
This week we are switching it up. Today we are honoring a man (??) of true charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent... MY GRINDR CATFISH, IRISH RYAN! He claimed that I couldn't handle his big pussy energy. So this week I will give every song "big pussy energy" or "small pussy energy" (toots and boots essentially!)

01) Ira Losco- Far from a good song, too generic and summery for its own good. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
02) Weyes Blood- Well that was a sleeping pill! It just goes nowhere, lacks anything remarkable and is really quite boring. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
03) CUT_- Slightly edgy, slight pop, slightly slop. Kind of good kind of bad. Yeah the chorus should keep the energy it has in the verses. This is divisive. NORMAL PUSSY ENERGY
04) Taylor Swift- The problem with folklore for me is that I'm not gonna listen to songs individually: I'll either listen to the album beggining to end or just not listen to it at all. Too melancholic and unremarkable for it to cause a true impact by itself. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
05) Voyage x Breskvica- My favorite song in ESCT Second Chances, this is a true bop. Very catchy hook and very balkan flavored melodies while also being accessible. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
06) The Band Perry- I really wasn't aware Band Perry could do this. I wish they wouldn't to be honest, with the trap being unneeded, the autotune being bothersome and just the song being overall not good, specially on second listen. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
07) Ricki-Lee- This is just too old fashioned for me, no wonder it was released in 2012. Also the random arcade music type sounds were not a cute addition. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
08) Agoney- This was pretty alright actually, he has a good voice and this was just overall pretty. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
09) UPSAHL- Very speak-singing at the beggining, which I don't like. The verses are alright but they fail at enveloping me. And the chorus is the speak-singing bs so this is a no. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
10) Alanis Morissette- Now this brings something to TSC we don't usually see. It kind of brings a early 00s flavor of what Avril Lavigne was doing for example but somehow Alanis made it still feel fresh. It was nice. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
11) LEDGER- Now this actually fucking slapped. In a sea of very standard to bad songs, this pop rock number truly stands out. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
12) Zara Larsson- This had a lot of potential, specially the verses which had good ideas, just a bit too many unneeded music quirks. My question is where did the chorus go? Cuz it either didn't have one or it was piss weak. Oh wait it appeared in the end. Woops, TOO LATE. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
13) Ashe- Has a vintage feel to it, very slow paced which I'm not really in a mood for. Like she's serving, I just wish she was serving something else. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
14) RIELL- This has a really powerful vibe to it for some reason, its very slow but really nice melodically and it engages me with the drums and just the whole beat. This is so good and beautiful. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
15) Destra Garcia- Kind of cheap both in style and production, it did have me grooving but I don't know if I can get over how generic it is. I think this is a SMALL PUSSY ENERGY, sorry
16) Chic- Disco number ok. In a normal week this wouldn't stand much of a shot with me but as it is groovy and this week is absolutely atrocious, grats. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
17) Troye Sivan- I love this a lot, it has a very atmospheric vibe to it even complemented by the filter over his singing. Just really viby. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
18) Meghan Trainor- Ok I actually really like this song, it is pretty basic but its a cute song with a catchy chorus. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
19) Hannah Jane Lewis- solid pop song. Nothing too special, just a pop song where the verses are a non entity yet the chorus snaps. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
20) MOMOLAND- I can't help but loving the noise wall in the chorus. This is just really fun and upbeat, tho I didnt need to hear JooE says shes got too many followers. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
21) Kylie Minogue- Too retro for me. Kinda went by and I didn't even notice it too. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
22) Charli XCX- This one is just so basic like in a way where its generic pop music that still cant captivate me. SMALL PUSSY ENERGY
23) Leah Kate- something I truly like. There isn't much to it, it is just a very solid pop song. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
24) Chung Ha- This is good but is it all the gays are claiming it is? Stay Tonight obviously outsold, I'm not sure why this is being so much more praised. Still, a solid summer song that does a little more then just the typical tropical stuff, so it stands out. BIG PUSSY ENERGY
1386 days 15 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Ira Losco- Tropical vibes. Where’s my pina colada?
02) Weyes Blood- I’ve seen them live lmao they looked like they were on drugs. This is good.
03) CUT_- I liked where this was going, chorus was a little long and it ended abruptly. But it showed lots of promise.
04) Taylor Swift- Told a story, sounded not too strained like some of her other songs, and it was simple but not too simple. I really liked it.
05) Voyage x Breskvica- Idk if I’m feeling the booty rn.
06) The Band Perry- THIS is The Band Perry? When did they stop being country? Torn between how weird I feel about this being them, and the cool Icelandic indie vibes coming off of this.
07) Ricki-Lee- Some of it was annoying but so catchy at the same time and I couldn’t not vibe intermittently.
08) Agoney- It had cool ambiance but vocals didn’t suck me in
09) UPSAHL- Haha kinda relatable, I’ve been there. It’s a nice chorus.
10) Alanis Morissette- Alanis has still got it. This bopped me all the way to outer space.
11) LEDGER- It had a cool gritty youthful element that stuck with me.
12) Zara Larsson- Her new sound is just less captivating to me. There’s nothing wrong with this song but I don’t like it.
13) Ashe- The melody is killer. Idk if my enjoyment for it will endure, but it reminds me Jon Bellion.
14) RIELL- The vibrato was wobbling like hell, or maybe that was just the production lol. It was interesting, but sometimes stressed me out.
15) Destra Garcia- It felt chaotic and crazy
16) Chic- It sounded dated— not in a good way.
17) Troye Sivan- He always sounds good, but can he really sell me on it this time? I think he mostly did.
18) Meghan Trainor- I liked the prechorus. The rest was very trademark Meghan, which isn’t my cup of tea.
19) Hannah Jane Lewis-  Fine. It sounds like a song I’ve always known but also never heard- but not really in that good kind of way. It just “is.”
20) MOMOLAND- Too bubblegum pop for me.
21) Kylie Minogue- It had a really really nice sound and it progressed super well.
22) Charli XCX- I like the sound but not the voice or the lyrics. So… hmm.
23) Leah Kate- It was so normal and unassuming. Not what I want in a song.
24) Chung Ha- The chorus had so much depth. And I absolutely loved how catchy it was in all the right parts. Solid.
1386 days 11 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. Ira Losco - Ira Losco is a very interesting phenomenon in that her songs are either cream of the crop (Walk on Water, 7th Wonder, Cannonball) or bottom of the barrel. This falls firmly in the second category.

2. Weyes Blood - The vocal is amazing, the instrumental is pretty nice, but there are a lot of moments where I’m just waiting for the song to trudge into the next verse or chorus. It doesn’t keep my focus very well.

3. CUT_ - This feels like an attempt at an up-tempo take on Bailey Eyelash, and it almost works, but there’s just some little bit of wow factor missing that would push it over the edge.

4. Taylor Swift - You had songs like cardigan, exile, and last great american dynasty at your disposal, and you sent betty? Why betty?

5. Voyage x Breskvica - An true ethnic BOP. I’m still upset that I contributed to its robbery in ESCT, but this fucking slaps.

6. The Band Perry - As a former The Band Perry fan, this is so disappointing. Y’all let THIS qualify?

7. Ricki-Lee - The instrumental had me excited, but I was very underwhelmed when everything else came in.

8. Agoney - An actual good Spanish entry? In TSC? I can’t believe it.

9. UPSAHL - This woman just turned vaguetweeting into a 2:30 song and I’m absolutely here for it.

10. Alanis Morisette - I’m not usually an Alanis Morisette fan, but something about this is just really endearing to me. The way the instrumental compliments the vocal in this just really does it for me.

11. LEDGER - This is pretty good. I don’t really think it’s the potential winner some of y’all seem to think it is but it’s enjoyable.

12. Zara Larsson - Alice Chater deserved better

13. Ashe - This isn’t quite as bad as her last entry, but it’s still not a very interesting listen. There’s not enough going on to make this enjoyable.

14. RIELL - I’m feeling this! The instrumental’s fun, the vocal’s nice, everything just kind of comes together here in a way that is great to listen to.

15. Destra Garcia - There’s so much going on. It has a strong base but then it just adds so many bells and whistles that you almost can’t find the base anymore.

16. Chic - It’s more of the faux-80s bullshit that I have to say I hate every time I qualify! Goodie!

17. Troye Sivan - This probably isn’t something I’d go out of my way to listen again, but it’s very nice. Kind of gives me “background music for the opening credits of a gay coming-of-age film” vibes.

18. Meghan Trainor - Honestly, as much as I don’t enjoy the verses, I have to admit that the chorus snaps. This is good, very danceable.

19. Hannah Jane Lewis - Another song that is very nice and atmospheric, but that I probably wouldn’t listen to again.

20. MOMOLAND - I’ve been trying to get into their music recently, but this isn’t really doing them many favors. I do enjoy the chorus, though.

21. Kylie Minogue - This is almost worse and whinier than her beta entry last week. It hurts.

22. Charli XCX - No <3.

23. Leah Kate - The powerful thrumming bass just doesn’t work with the vocal. This is simply not very well constructed imo.

24. Chung Ha - Y’all finally clickraced for a good song. This fucking killed me on impact omg.
1386 days 9 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Ira Losco - equivalent of TSC elevator music
02) Weyes Blood - was boring but I didn't mind where it progressed to even though if it wasn't much musically
03) CUT_ - this is so odd and turnt at the same time that it works
04) Taylor Swift - nope pass I'm not pointing this bitch's new release the week it's out nope
05) Voyage x Breskvica - kinda turnt song. This can stay for now but WOW what a bad week. Also anytime the guy sang it lost potential points for me wow he sounds fucking horrendous
06) The Band Perry - IRRITATING NOISE! WHY IS THIS NOT THEIR USUAL SOUND! Just send forever mine, nevermind next time it's not that hard
07) Ricki-Lee - yeah this is fun LOL my standards are so low this week
08) Agoney - A contender for foreign week or tsc 406 apparently one of the worst tscs of all time
09) UPSAHL - some quick energy I needed. It's not my favorite but is memorable
10) Alanis Morissette - wtf at this autotune it's so distracting
11) LEDGER - someone tell her to shut the fuck up
12) Zara Larsson - improving after each listen for me…
13) Ashe - lol I almost submitted this this week. I think it's good and has its star quality moments. Can't tell what about it keeps me from absolutely loving it, but solid choice
14) RIELL - this kinda went nowhere for me and her vocals were lacking
15) Destra Garcia - yea honestly this is fucking hilarious lmao queen
16) Chic - expected better from nile rodgers but it's solid
17) Troye Sivan - he's so boring
18) Meghan Trainor - obviously I stan m train and yea this is one of her less good singles but in this week I have to stan it
19) Hannah Jane Lewis - would maybe be a light qualifier in an average week but this week probably looks good on it. It gets dull though
20) MOMOLAND - thumbs… to the side? Meh
21) Kylie Minogue - kylie in tsc ok cool pass
22) Charli XCX - LMAO such a stupid random pick but yea sure I liked it a few years ago why not now
23) Leah Kate - not a bad note to almost finish on. I was kinda feeling this vibe
24) Chung Ha - the chorus is a lot of fun. Yea this is probably winning. Hate the rapping tho
1386 days 7 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) Ira Losco - This keeps popping up in my recommended on spotify, I like it, pretty solid! Not sure why I never thought about submitting this myself but yeah, work. This should do well.
02) Weyes Blood - Who the hell is voting for this garbage?
03) CUT_ - Surprisingly, I didn’t hate this! It’s nothing new or particularly exciting but it’s a decent pop song.
04) Taylor Swift - im not even going to bother with this, it’s a 0.
05) Voyage x Breskvica - You already know this is entirely up my alley. I’m not sure this is something I’d play over and over again because it gets old after a bit but it’s still decent!
06) The Band Perry - Absolutely fucking not, whoever voted for this, Taylor Swift or Troye Sivan clearly didn’t listen to the actual songs and just voted based on names, fuck this.
07) Ricki-Lee - I’m so angry that a bunch of bops died in the semi that I might be forced to 12 this now :) Who knows!
08) Agoney - This is very spanish Adam Lambert to me? Idk I’m kinda torn on this. On one hand I found it very boring but on the other hand i was kinda intrigued at some points. Jury’s still out on this one.
09) UPSAHL - This was pretty terrible if I’m honest!
10) Alanis Morissette - I gave this decent points in the semi because I was surprised to like an Alanis song but when I give this another listen, it’s kinda just more of the same ain’t it? Idk, it’s like……. fine? Yeah it’s FINE.
11) LEDGER - Anything other than a LEDGER win this week would be a disservice to TSC but I’m entirely expecting this to come like...4th or something. This _slays_.
12) Zara Larsson - I want to like this so much more than I do, it’s definitely interesting and unique for Zara but idk, I’m not exactly SOLD on this. She just has better.
13) Ashe - If this got drawn in the first half it would have definitely been the 2nd act of the show so yeah, shucks!
14) RIELL - Totally got side tracked because this was kinda boring and I knew the next two songs would shake me to my core again so this gettin nothin.
15) Destra Garcia -  - I mean, that’s my MOTHER.
16) Chic - This is EXACTLY my kind of music, I know yall said this semi was a mess but like… I’m fucking living right now. Idek how I’m going to order these points.
17) Troye Sivan - get the f** off the TV im not watching that.
18) Meghan Trainor - I don’t even know if I should take this seriously or not. This song is kind of a bop but like……. it’s so...old… LMFAO I honestly don’T know what to think of this.
19) Hannah Jane Lewis - This is cute! Not my favorite or anything but it’ll be good for a point or two, it’s solid!
20) MOMOLAND - I’m still a bit angry that MOMOLAND didn’t qualify so I don’t know if I can support this… this was fine I guess. MOMOLAND has never been one of my favorites, it’s a bit TOO cutesy for me.
21) Kylie Minogue - I love Kylie and while this isn’t one of my favorite entries by her, it’s still a decent song and it warrants decent points, I do like a few songs this week though so she might end up a bit lower than usual.
22) Charli XCX - This isn’t for me, there are a few Charli XCX songs I like but this isn’t one of them, this is headache inducing more than anything else.
23) Leah Kate - Quite liked this, it was pretty repetitive but I didn’t really mind it. It was fine.
24) Chung Ha - Stay Tonight remains completely unbothered. This is decent but it’s really nowhere near her best.
1386 days 6 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Ira Losco        i mean good songs by old esc artists are always good
02) Weyes Blood        i am not living for it at this time, but maybe some other day... too bad
03) CUT_        i mean, usually i dismiss htis, but i was liking it.
04) Taylor Swift        sorry i have never been a t swift fan and her lesbian phase doesn't get me either
05) Voyage x Breskvica        this was in my NF for ESCT so of course I like it. But apparently people really stanned it even though it didn't win the NF and got 10th in second chances
06) The Band Perry        this didn't really go anywhere for me. like i didn't connect but it was an alrght vibe for summer
07) Ricki-Lee        i kept debating about entering her because i mean... bop... but also dated
08) Agoney        i feel like his voice is just like slightly too high.
09) UPSAHL        oh okay work. like ... i shouldn't like it... but i do
10) Alanis Morissette        even ychm isn't lesbian enough for this
11) LEDGER        this is like the will get high points from some people but flop with the rest
12) Zara Larsson        all the big names in this semi had good songs. this was part of those
13) Ashe        borning
14) RIELL        i'm over it. like more 'safe for tsc stuff'
15) Destra Garcia        it's one of those things where deliver fun every time, but like let's get a new artist that does the same thing
16) Chic        the voice got to me... the rest was like yes, but like the voice is a bit too high
17) Troye Sivan        i give 0 fucks about this man and honestly he needs to stop
18) Meghan Trainor        this is an example where it's not her best but still alright... like it's not great but still better than a bunch of stuff from this week
19) Hannah Jane Lewis        another one that would pop up on discover and i'd be like... meh it's alright... then never listen
20) MOMOLAND        I hate this song so much, but it's so fucking catchy
21) Kylie Minogue        still excited to see how this album ends up... but it's very chill vibes
22) Charli XCX        so far the most meh out of the big names
23) Leah Kate        it's alright. like it serves it's purpose but again like nothing exciting
24) Chung Ha        i mean egotistic outsold, but still bop
1386 days 5 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Ira Losco - Very standard MOR. Nothing amazing. Dull Start.
02) Weyes Blood - This deserves death spot. How did this qualify? Joke entry?
03) CUT_ - More my style but kinda flat?
04) Taylor Swift - HELL TO THE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
05) Voyage x Breskvica - This low-key snapped. I enjoyed the language. Enjoyed the duet vibes. Good work.
06) The Band Perry - Well produced and I recognise quality but it is just very fucking dull isn't it.
07) Ricki-Lee - LMAO. She made some points. She really did.
08) Agoney - Better on the second listen. But still mid-tier boring ballad. Sorry.
09) UPSAHL - Always enjoy her entries here. This is less song more speaking? Probably her worst. Sorry.
10) Alanis Morissette - I enjoyed the song but the song itself leaves a lot to be desired. Good effort.
11) LEDGER - Paramore but in .jpeg. Probably will do well but not my genre.
12) Zara Larsson - UNDERRATED. I love this fucking whore!. #Sluts4ZaraRise
13) Ashe - This was very stop start. Next.
14) RIELL - Oh I really enjoyed this. Did she even say words? I don't care but her voice sucks. Good beat.
15) Destra Garcia - LMAO YES. FUCKING. GO. THERE. DESTRA.
16) Chic - I saw the thumbnail and artists and I was like "fuck here we go" but this really slapped. Shocked.
17) Troye Sivan - He is overrated as hell. This is dull.
18) Meghan Trainor - LMAO at the piranhas at TSC letting this qualify. I have to stan my skinny plus size ambassador.
19) Hannah Jane Lewis - Again, better on a second listen. I actually enjoyed this and the structure.
20) MOMOLAND - OH yeah the best KPOP of this week. I am doing an audio only run but I imagine the MV is a fucking train-wreck. The more I listen the more it goes down hill so I will stop now.
21) Kylie Minogue - I stan her so much but this wasn't it. Very MOR. Might snag low points.
22) Charli XCX - This was never sent? Gag. I enjoyed this but it's very grating.
23) Leah Kate - This will do well but like? Very cookie cutter.
24) Chung Ha - Ok sorry MOMOLAND this is superior KPOP. PLAY PLAY PLAY. I like the ethnic European backing track. Sounds like a Turkey x S Korea collab.
1386 days 4 hours ago
varlto
01) Ira Losco - this was very good! it is no secret that her voice is so powerful and this song gives me really cool vibes!
02) Weyes Blood - dreadful! nothing interesting about it!
03) CUT_ - lovely artist but has better songs!!
04) Taylor Swift - yeah, i love this song, it's super cute and well it's even better with taylor's lovely voice<3
05) Voyage x Breskvica - budi tuuuuu budi tuuuuuu budi tuuuu!!!
06) The Band Perry - very chill, its for me!
07) Ricki-Lee - well it was fun!
08) Agoney - this is a masterpiece. woah. raoul > agoney tho.
09) UPSAHL - her other song from a few eds ago outsold
10) Alanis Morissette - woah i didn't expect this to be so good? contender for my 12!
11) LEDGER - meh!!!!
12) Zara Larsson - i love zara but this song is not it
13) Ashe - sooo dull
14) RIELL - found her voice to be so annnoying
15) Destra Garcia - honestly a bop LMFAO i'm not even joking, i did enjoy this!
16) Chic - this was not something i'd come back to...!
17) Troye Sivan - i'm not his biggest fan but this song was definitely kinda cute:)
18) Meghan Trainor - haha!
19) Hannah Jane Lewis - yeah this was a bop! really enjoyed it :)
20) MOMOLAND - nahh
21) Kylie Minogue - ive never liked her
22) Charli XCX - well, cute one, mo really helps the song
23) Leah Kate - i mean, it wasn't bad but i can't say i fully enjoyed it
24) Chung Ha - nop, not for me!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!