This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 389 Final

Topic » TSC 389 Final

1493 days 18 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Liis Lemsalu - Nice, pleasant pop song. It’s not amazing by any stretch but definitely a pleasant opener with a nice melody. It passed by quite nicely.
02) Paula - Loving this Baltic themed TSC, all we need is Counterflow by Viktoria Modesta. The chorus is so nice to listen to, it might be too processed to do well in TSC but I enjoy it. Not a fan of the verses as much but overall this is quite nice.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - Listened to a couple of their songs after Teeth and wasn’t at all convinced. This was better than those but obviously has nothing on Teeth. Feels like an album track, it’s fine but not particularly fussed about it.
04) Luana Kiara - Oh that’s an annoying voice. Verses were pretty strong but the chorus fell a little flat for me. Not really a fan of this one, not sure I’ll remember it by the end.
05) Hannah Trigwell - I have to be honest I wasn’t expecting this to be anywhere near as good as Attention. And I was right! Yeah I wanted to like this a lot more than I did, melodically it was quite nice but otherwise it didn’t do much for me sadly. Forgettable.
06) Rachel Lorin - I just knew this was gonna be some edgy nonsense from the song title and video intro. This feels like a really early demo of something that would’ve charted moderately well in 2013 so like interpret that how you will.
07) Melanie C - This was kinda underwhelming I was hoping there’d be more of a SONG here but I just didn’t really think anything about it. Nice production, good vocal as always and it did kinda grow on me as it went on, but still a bit meh, a bit forgettable.
08) UPSAHL - A bit Charlotte Lawrence in the verses, I’m into it. Chorus is strong and catchy, overall this was just really solid. Enjoyed it.
09) Dua Lipa - Not my absolute favourite from FN but definitely a banger. Will be interesting to see how this does this week.
10) The Score - Standard Netflix-rock, maybe a little above average? Wasn’t expecting to be into it but I kinda was. Not sure I’ll remember it by the end, but a solid enough song.
11) SVRCINA - Added this song to my TSC list 5 minutes before the semis went up and had to delete it 5 minutes later. Granted I don’t think I would’ve sent it because I wasn’t completely sold on it, but it’s nice enough. A pretty listen, good voice.
12) Shab - Oh come THROUGH ethnic banger. Definitely into the more subtle drop, I really enjoyed this. Go off queen.
13) Chaz Cardigan - Man in a bathtub is a bold choice… I have to be honest I wasn’t expecting a bop from someone called Chaz Cardigan but I’ve been proven very very wrong this was really good. Great production, good vocal, strong chorus, I liked this a lot.
14) Lina Kuduzovic - YASS ARIANA!!! I just really enjoyed this song tbh, glad it qualified even though no one else liked it LMAO.
15) LOONA - Other than So What I’m just not really into LOONA idk if it’s that they’re too sugary for me or that a lot of their songs are just a wall of slightly unpleasant noise. This was tolerable but not something that I’m particularly a fan of.
16) Bow Anderson - What a voice!! Reminds me of a better executed version of the Morgan James song from last week. Really enjoyed this, great chorus.
17) FLETCHER -
There’s SO MUCH POTENTIAL in the first half of that chorus but it falls SO FLAT it’s so frustrating. Only goes downhill from there.
18) Ben Platt - Not necessarily MY THING but I can appreciate this for the quality it is at least. I remember he had a song sent here that I really hated and this is definitely an improvement. Not sure about his voice for this kinda song but otherwise this was pretty good.
19) ABIR - The post-chorus really grated. The rest of it was alright but it kinda pales in comparison to a lot of what I’ve already heard.
20) Nothing But Thieves - This was strong, I felt like I was waiting for it to do THAT and it never quite got there but it’s definitely a solid rock song I wasn’t mad at. Verses are a lot better than the chorus but it’s all a good listen.
21) Zivert - HATED her last song but this is such a huge improvement. This is almost all in the chorus (and the post-chorus in English) but it’s such a good listen throughout.
22) Ava Max - Arrest me I like an Ava Max song. I feel like this finally executes the sound she’s been trying to do for a while really well, it’s fun, catchy with some (admittedly not many) good lyrics. It didn’t have any lyrics that made me want to die so I’ll give her credit for that.
23) VINCINT - Good verses, shame the chorus is as weak as it is though. The “someday” hook is good, I wish the whole song was as strong as the hook because that’s literally the only thing I remember about it.
24) Julianna Karaulova - That took me by surprise omg. Wasn’t as into this as I wanted to be though. :( The wrong side of all over the place.
1493 days 18 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Liis Lemsalu - This is a very bland pop song. If this was higher than like 7th in the semi I'd be surprised. It's fine but forgettable.
02) Paula - The vocal effect reminds me of Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap but maybe I'm crazy. I was rooting for this to go somewhere but it really kind of let me down.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - Urgh this isn't even a GOOD 5SOS song. Did it really need to be sent? Feels like a lazy point grab. Slotted third for a reason probably.
04) Luana Kiara - I'm gonna say I cant imagine any of these first handful of songs did particularly well but maybe I'm off base. Eek.
05) Hannah Trigwell - Blorp not as good as attention
06) Rachel Lorin - Yeah this is clearly the best song thus far. If it wasn't for the sixth slot I'd think this had a real shot to win.
07) Melanie C - Me at Mel C again. Am I the only one who thinks she doesn't have a great voice anymore? Meh.
08) UPSAHL - Yeah this has grown on me. Its a toot.
09) Dua Lipa - the real gag would have been bibbles or someone completely out of left field sending this (ik shes out already). still a 0.
10) The Score - I'm feeling like Semi 2 was stronger but we'll see. I like this still.
11) SVRCINA - This is the edgy female submission of the week that's just a complete and utter miss for me.
12) Shab - Still a total toot. Messy but great. At least Patrick got the artist name right this time!
13) Chaz Cardigan - ohhhhh lmao theres the guy in a bathtub song. wait i think this might have been a gif I saw or posted in the gifs last week........now i gotta check. the song aint great. not for me.
14) Lina Kuduzovic - I feel like I'm very indifferent towards this song. Like it merely exists. It's fine. I wouldn't skip it but I wouldn't play it again.
15) LOONA - stan LOONA. Of the girl groups that are submitted, LOONA is probably lower on the list of ones I like.
16) Bow Anderson - Jesus does everyone also have to have a video of a girl in a forest...She's got a nice voice. The song feels a little too forgettable to bother with though.
17) FLETCHER - I thought that this was one of the favorites to win so this being late isn't surprising. I feel like this could be a song that grows on me, but I don't find it Fletcher's best.
18) Ben Platt - I truly hate myself for liking this song. I think this red light filter in songs is my new girl in a bathtub because it is happening a LOT lately. I'll start pointing it out.
19) ABIR - Not another Cash Cash feature coming for a TSC win! Not a fan of the break after the chorus. I like her though.
20) Nothing But Thieves - Oh fuck no ABSOLUTELY not. Shocked this isnt bibbles or Zee or Dallas.
21) Zivert - This was pleasant and that's really all I have to say about it. It was going for that 80s vibe but didn't really hit it.
22) Ava Max - https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcc6ecEJrv1r0ouboo2_250.gif
God I'm going to be such a hypocrite when I point this but maybe itll steal points from Dua.
23) VINCINT - I thought I was going to hate this when it started but it continued to grow on me as the song went on.
24) Julianna Karaulova - Ok go off a bit. This damn melody is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Lord.
1493 days 16 hours ago
varlto
1) Liis Lemsalu: Thanks ESCT for letting me discover this song! It's amazing but I didn't expect it to do thaaat well in TSC to be honest, but I'm happy it's in the final!
2) Paula: This is probably one of the worst songs I've heard in my whole life
3) 5SOS: This is also one of the worst 5SOS I've heard. They can do waaaay better!
4) Luana Kiara: This wasn't bad but it definitely wasn't good either. Middle of the road!
5) Hannah Trigwell: This was pretty good! I kind of expected more from it at the end but still, I definitely wasn't disappointed!
6) Rachel Lorin: This was good, I liked it! It wasn't something super surprising but it might get a few points from me, depends on how strong the final is!
7) Melanie C: I'm not a fan of this. How did it make it to the final?
8) Upsahl: Uh this was weird but I did enjoy it somehow lmao so yeah
9) Dua Lipa: Haha!
10) The Score: I LOVE this so much. It's very powerful and good I really like it! I didn't expect it to qualify so I'm pretty happy!
11) SVRCINA: This was cute, but nothing I'd come back to
12) Shab: This is incredibly bad and I don't get why it's here.
13) Chaz Cardigan: Am I in love? I think I am. This was so so so so good, it was incredible!
14) Lina Kuduzovic: Once again a cute song that didn't do too much to me
15) LOONA: Heeeeell no
16) Bow Anderson: god this was veeery good i really really really liked it!
17) FLETCHER: Oh finally a SF1 good song! This was pretty good and I liked it, her voice was also good
18) Ben Platt: YES I didn't expect this to be so good? God this was amazing too
19) ABIR: Amazing, groundbreaking, incredible, impressive
20) Nothing But Thieves: This was a bit too much for me, didn't really enjoy it but I appreciate the try!
21) Zivert: This is a QUEEN like ugh she's so good I'm sorry for underrating you in ESCT
22) Ava Max: Look, I do really love Ava Max but if I support originality I can't give points to her.
23) Vincint: The more I listen to it the less I like it. Sorry!
24) Julianna: Uh no. Sorry.
1493 days 15 hours ago
onemanarmy
2nd Quarter

07) Melanie C - Who I Am - It took more work to get into this than it normally does to like a song of hers, I think we all love her and can admit this isn't her best work. With that said I did manage to get into this and have added it to my library. Still on the fence though as far as points go.

08) UPSAHL - 12345SEX - I can't be the only one who expected this to suck judging by it's title right? Surprisingly though I quite enjoyed it and have added it to my library. As far as points go I have yet to decide.

09) Dua Lipa - Hallucinate - Loved her Last Dance, Hotter than Hell days, sort of lost interest in her by the time Electricity came out, I enjoyed this one and added it to my library though it sounds  like another song that I can't place atm. Not sure how original this is, for the moment it's still eligible for points.

10) The Score - Glory - I can here the talent in this however these type male voices have never been my thing, in a weaker week it could of got low points by simply not sucking but I'm struggling to cut songs this week so.....

11) SVRCINA - Flowers - Instantly loved her voice, production is also good. I just really enjoyed this for some reason and do have it added to my player.

12) Shab - Spell On Me - It's a bop, added this to my library, the production sold me though this would be better with a different singer.

2nd Quarter Recap

Dismissed Period! = The Score
Still Eligible = Shab, Dua Lipa, Mel C, UPSAHL & SVRCINA
1493 days 15 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Liis Lemsalu - Proper opener to this contest, there's nothing really extraordinary about this song, but it's pretty good for what it is. Might get some points depending on how strong the rest of the final is. EDIT: Just found out it's a cover. Unlikely to get good points from me now.
2. Paula - Cool robotic harmonies, but the song does not go anywhere. Not surprised about this getting death-slotted.
3. 5 Seconds of Summer - It's pretty pleasant, and that's about it. Can't say much about it.
4. Luana Kiara - The song legit copies the verse from Bad! by Matilda and repeats it throughout the song. Didn't realise this in the semis, now I am obliged to give it 0 points.
5. Hannah Trigwell - The comparisons will be made, but I actually think it's a pretty decent product on its own. Good pick.
6. Rachel Lorin - Strong throughout, but I do feel like it slightly suffers being put so early in the running order. Should do well in my ranking, I see this getting top 10 overall.
7. Melanie C - Standard pop song, it's pretty good albeit it's probably the worst single she's released in awhile.
8. UPSAHL - Wasn't a huge fan of this the first time I listened, but it's grown on me a bit since then. Slightly veers too much towards the edgy side, but other than that it's decent.
9. Dua Lipa - One of the best cuts on the album. Won't be surprised if this completely dominates the vote on Sunday.
10. The Score - Not exactly the type of music I would willingly play, but it's actually quite good for what it is. Could do better than many people expect it to.
11. SVRCINA - The chorus is slightly uninspiring, but apart from that this was a pretty solid effort.
12. Shab - Very solid song throughout, I actually didn't mind that the drop went into this direction. Another one that could potentially inflict massive damage on Sunday.
13. Chaz Cardigan - I get why this qualified, but this is absolutely not for me. Sorry.
14. Lina Kuduzovic - Modern-sounding ballad with not much songwriting to it.
15. Choerry (LOONA) - YES AT THIS QUALIFYING. It's probably going to struggle during the results night, and it's by no means my favourite Loona song, but it does the job for me.
16. Bow Anderson - Some strong vocals backed up with a decent song. All-around quite good.
17. FLETCHER - Just a well-executed pop song. I enjoyed this quite a bit.
18. Ben Platt - Not even a comparison to his previous appearance, this is much more of a song. Could have been slightly more polished, and could have had less vocal runs, but overall it's not bad at all.
19. ABIR - This chorus is complete ass. Pity, because there was some potential before we reached that point.
20. Nothing But Thieves - I'm glad this got out of the semi-finals. Again, it's not my usual to-go sort of a thing, but it's good to see this sort of diversity in TSC. The tune slightly drags too long, and The Score will likely overshadow them.
21. Zivert - This really just delivers everything that I want. I can see this challenging Dua for the win.
22. Ava Max - There's nothing particularly wrong about this tune, but it's just a complete exhibition of the term "average."
23. VINCINT - Wish the chorus delivered a bit more, but this is a very solid entry.
24. Julianna Karaulova - All style with absolutely no substance. People will eat it up just because it's hard-hitting, but there's not much of a song to back it up.
1493 days 14 hours ago
Insanity
1. Liis Lemsalu - Yeah I still don’t care for this. Still feels pretty standard and lackluster.
2. Paula - Yeah, not at all surprised this got death slotted. This way this song is structured is a mess, and the vocal effects become so annoying after awhile.
3. 5 Seconds of Summer - Not bad, but like... I don’t think I’m the type of audience for this song. Wish there was just... more. More energy.
4. Luana Kiana - Into the vibe more than anything. I wish there was more power to it, but I’m not mad at it.
5. Hannah Trigwell - There’s something really sexy by this, especially in the chorus. I don’t think it’s as on par as Attention (what will be really?), but this is another strong effort from her.
6. Rachel Lorin - Not bad. It follows a simple formula, and there’s nothing I can say I dislike about it, but it also feels like something is missing.
7. Melanie C - Meh, didn’t care for it in its semi and I don’t care for it now
8. UPSAHL - SEXY. Yes. This is so silky smooth and beautiful. Great pick.
9. Dua Lipa - Here is what I will say. Do I like this song? YES. Do I think it’s slightly tacky that it’s in TSC? YES. Am I mad that it was submitted? NO. HOWEVER, I may consider for the future doing what I did when TSC first began for me and penalize o word artists slightly in my points. I probably won’t do that so much for Dua this week, but y’all have been warned for the future.
10. The Score - Very heterosexual, but it’s a decent effort. Absolutely nothing I’m listening outside of TSC though.
11. SVRCINA - semi 1 was really plagued with mediocre pop songs huh. I just didn’t care for it.
12. Shab - The verses are SO. GOOD. But the chorus just ruins it for me, the song just shits the bed at that point.
13. Chaz Cardigan - EWWWW. How did this qualify? Who allowed it?
14. Lina Kuduzovic - see previous comment
15. LOONA - LMAO I do have to say I am surprisingly delighted that this qualified. This is not even close to my favorite LOONA solo. It’s funnily iconic nevertheless.
16. Bow Anderson - Great vocals! Going for that throwback trend everyone is trying to capitalize on, but I think this is a very good effort.
17. FLETCHER - I thought this was so basic when I first encountered it, but it’s actually grown on me. Really into it.
18. Ben Platt - This song went absolutely nowhere. Didn’t care for it
19. Abir - That chorus... LOL. Didn’t hate the rest of it.
20. Nothing But Thieves - Nothing But SHIT.
21. Zivert - Lowkey living. Loving the elements in this one, they come together nicely.
22. Ava Max - https://i.imgur.com/g3oVv9u.gif
24. VINCINT - This was nice. This had some good energy to it, no complaints.
25. Julianna Kalaulova - This song had strange energy. The drop was chaotic good.
1493 days 11 hours ago
onemanarmy
3rd Quarter

13) Chaz Cardigan - Not OK! - Love the MV, I passed on adding this one to the library I'm afraid. It's not bad song wise but the singer doesn't do it for me.

14) Lina Kuduzovic - man like u - I rather listen to bibbles song on repeat for an hour than this ever again. This was the worse song entered so far this year IMO.

15) LOONA - Love Cherry Motion - I'm not a fan of their voices, Production is good though. Those voices lack any personalty and too sugary. Now I'm gonna go listen to Wee Hoo cause Pristin girls have personality.

16) Bow Anderson - Sweater - It took a couple listens but it grew on me and I've added it to my library. I love the line "guess we're dancing to different songs tonight". Her voice though isn't one of the strongest of the week.

17) FLETCHER - Forever - On 1st listen I was meh, 2nd listen still meh and than it suddenly sounded like a bop, I've added this to the library. I've fallen for many this week though and have yet to pick my final 10.

18) Ben Platt - Rain - Already had this in the library, thought about using it this week but changed last minute in fear it would get shit on. Congrats you made the cut. There's simply no valid reason for me to cut this.

3rd Quarter Recap

Dismissed Period! = Chaz Cardigan, Lina Kuduzovic, LOONA
Still Eligible = Bow Anderson, FLETCHER
Made The Cut = Ben Platt
1493 days 7 hours ago
onemanarmy
4th Quarter

19) ABIR - Young & Rude - I added this one to my library, nice vibe to it.

20) Nothing But Thieves - Is Everybody Going Crazy? - I wasn't expecting this one to grow on me as much as it has, got it in the library now and I'm hooked. Love the chorus. Grats you made the cut.

21) Zivert - Beverly Hills - I've been trying to get into this one for some time now and just can't, the beat at the start is the turn off for me, makes me think of a theme song, thought maybe Beverly Hills Cop but it wasn't that but it is similar so idk I just know it drives me crazy, the rest is fine but this didn't make it into my library.

22) Ava Max - Kings & Queens - I checked this out when the audio got released and it didn't interest me tbh, than I went back when the video was released and felt the same. 1st 2 listens here didn't change that but than it suddenly sounded like a song and a good one. I quite enjoy it now and have it in my library.

23) VINCINT - Someday - I instantly fell for this one, just puts me in a great mood, have it in the library. I can't think of any valid reason for me to cut this so...grats on making the cut.

24) Julianna Karaulova - Wild Puma - It goes off...what's not to love? Added this to my library. Grats you made the cut

4th Quarter Recap
Dismissed With Regrets = Zivert
Still Eligible = ABIR, Ava Max
Made The Cut = Nothing But Thieves, VINCINT & Julianna Karaulova
1492 days 20 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
01) Liis Lemsalu - It's your average eastern European pop song, the verses were okay but the chorus is kinda underwhelming and once again an impact has not been left. =/
02) Paula - Was expecting to hate this after all of the people dragging it after semi results, but it's not bad! It's progressed nicely and I like it better when she hasn't got that weird effect on her voice. She could've left out the talking too lmao.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - I see someone snatched up 5SOS, they were my backups this week considering they just released an album with some bops! This song is really cute it's not what I would've sent from them but I appreciate it and it deserves to qualify!
04) Luana Kiara - I liked it more in the semi and even then it was just alright for me there. It didn't leave any impact on me the first time really, and this time it's just a pointless song in my opinion.
05) Hannah Trigwell - Was this before Attention cause I'm looking for a budget but I can't find one. LOL, this is such a downgrade from her winner. I didn't enjoy it at all.
06) Rachel Lorin - The verses on this were good but the whole package is doing nothing for me, the chorus was a non-event and I honestly kinda hated it... LMAO.
07) Melanie C - I love a bit of Melanie C, and this song was fine. Her winning song DEFO slayed way more, but this was cute and I didn't mind it at all. Not sure if it'll get pts though.
08) UPSAHL - I can't do anything but respect this queen for bringing us a bop. Oh god she's counting I wonder who this could be.
09) Dua Lipa - AOTY 2020 we been knew. This entire album needs to be awarded multiple times. This ain't even my favourite song on the album but it still serves.
10) The Score - It's a fine song, didn't do a whole lot for me. I don't like that pacing of the beat, it's used in a lot of songs and it does nothing for me. It's been done better.
11) SVRCINA - I LOVE MY MOTHER SVRCINA... I'd like to thank my fellow TSC player who sent her to TSC so I can point her. This isn't her best song because I've probably sent it before but it's quite solid and one of the best so far so slay a bit.
12) Shab - QUEEN. I needed this in this contest tbh, y'all know I love songs with ethnic elements and I'm here for this. I wanted her to go off harder in the chorus but still I liked it a lot.
13) Chaz Cardigan - I honestly despised that first verse I was ready to drag this to the depths of hell but the chorus was really good lol. From that point on I was pretty Torn by Ava Max, I HATE when he talks mid song but the chorus is good so idk.
14) Lina Kuduzovic - That is one tall man. Or maybe she's just short af lol. I mean the song is cute ig! I think it's grown with me on my 2nd listen too btw. Last 30 sec served too.
15) LOONA - Hmm, it's very cute. I know people are like obsessed with this but this has never been near my favourite of the LOONA solos. Jinsoul's did a lot more and did it a lot better LOL. Okay wait that bit at 2:50 SLAYED me. I forgot that existed LOL. Still though not my fave!
16) Bow Anderson - It's a fine song, her voice a bit off putting at the start tho. I'm not the biggest fan of the beat either. It was very average but not that enjoyable!
17) FLETCHER - Okay yeah it's a nice song but the fact certain people said "I think I could love you forever forever forever forever" x1000 even compares to Winona Oak - Let Me Know... it's actually laughable. Like I HAVE no other choice but to cackle at that. This song is not anywhere near the level of miss Let Me Know. Anyways, it's cute. But cute next to gorgeous.... gorgeous is gonna, y'know, devour cute. So.
18) Ben Platt - I enjoyed the build up to the chorus, that was nice. I'm not in LOVE with it but I appreciate it for what it was and got some enjoyment from it.
19) ABIR - I really enjoyed this song, she has a very nice tone and I like the entire production of it, especially the drop. Infact the drop probably makes the song, it's just so gooood lmao. I like it a lot.
20) Nothing But Thieves - This was done so right. The guitars were excellent, the vocals were very crisp and I really enjoy how it all came together.
21) Zivert - This song is seriously so fucking outstanding like I can't believe it. It leaves such an impact, especially with this STUNNING video. This should've won ESCT, and it better fucking win TSC. I swear, it's amazing.
22) Ava Max - I TRULY cannot believe Ava Max had one of the best songs in my fucking semi LMFAOOOO. It's one of HER best songs and that guitar bit slays. Took a while to grow on me but I like it quite a bit now!
23) VINCINT - We all know he has talent. He's also really pretty. I like the build up to the chorus the most. It's not my favourite thing ever but I enjoyed it!
24) Julianna Karaulova - FUCK ME UP BITCH. The drop slayed me so much LOOL. Yep I'm totally obsessed with this and it's the first quality song in a couple of songs so I'm living. Thank you for blessing my ears.
1492 days 20 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) it's cuter on a second listen, but still horribly bland. cute for what will be a bottom placement i guess.
02) LOL @ the deathslot. this wasnt THAAAAT bad? you people really made this out to seem like a really worse song than it was. it's just very... fresh finds spotify bland. a boot obviously, but it's too bland to make an impact.
03) i'll spare it from the "teeth" comparisons, which is STILL their best song and SUCH a fucking HIT. but anyways, this is cute. nothing groundbreaking but you know. also, @ the lead singer, he can fuck me w that "tell you what i like" line in the chorus.
04) i actually really like this for what it is, and id love to see more entries like it submitted, but it feels a little... held back? the song is good, not arguing w that, but i wish she snapped more in the final chorus. for how hard the song starts, it just kind of seems to be on auto pilot for the rest of the duration. it's a good song though, and i love her voice.
05) glad to know hannah went downhill after her magnum opus with "attention". still such a fucking banger that one. this... isn't that. technically it's up tempo, but it has the impact of a flatline.
06) i'm... kind of surprised this made it to the finals in the first place. so imagine my surprise when this is kind of being regarded as a frontrunner for the finals? i don't see it for her. not with that non-event of a chorus. the verses snap but... after the first chorus hits, who honestly cares anymore... all of you apparently! ok work.
07) the production sounds so much like kim wilde's magnum opus cover of "keep me hangin' on". A BANGER. i love sporty spice in all her glory and this snaps SO HARD. lesser fags obviously won't appreciate her but you know.
08) this feels a little lowkey and reductive coming off of melanie c's HIGH HEELS, but this is actually good! very good tier spotify playlist basic bop. its minimalistic but its also cute!
09) you don't know how badly i wanna give this a 0. but fuck it. once a pop queen is born, i can't not give her my respects. dua did that with the album, she did it with EVERYTHING this era and i am so proud to see it. she truly exceeded my expectations and while i FULLY support the anti-dua brigade (cause it'll help me out in the long run xx) i can't not love this. dua, you did that. fuck.
10) this feels VERY imagine dragons. but like, a GOOD imagine dragons song. though i don't remember the last time they had any, so let me rephrase. this feels like what i would IMAGINE a GOOD imagine dragons song would sound like. ehh, actually, more DECENT than anything.
11) bad chorus syndrome strikes AGAIN. though that's not too fair, the first half snaps but... then she just goes "flooowers, floooooowers" and the production flatlines. it's a big fat meh from me.
12) this coming out of the heels of that non-event of a song is everything i needed. it's SUCH a poppy bop, though i expect it to be more hard-hitting in the chorus but i didn't mind it that much! it felt a little subdued but good for what it was. good effort, will most likely receive good points from me.
13) this was SUCH a mess, lmfao. also what the fuck was that video?
14) those little animal crossing esque background noises in the background are so funny to me, like, what are they even doing there? but... that said, this genuinely grew on me? it's a good basic bop i guess. maybe i'm just specifically very in the mood for this
15)

*ahem.*

PPAJYEOSSEO LOVE CHERRY MOTION
HAN YEOREUM BAM BORA BIT KKUM SOGEURO
LOVE CHERRY MAGIC
NEOWA HAMKKE KKUMEUL KKUNEUN PARADISE
https://i.postimg.cc/J4CM8Yss/ezgif-6-47b860d48003.gif
NAE NUNE NAE MAME NIGA ISSEO
NAE PUME DEO GIPI DEUREOWA NEO
LOVE CHERRY MOTION
ONEULBUTEO SHIJAKDOENEUN IYAGI
https://i.ibb.co/g918pDb/patvhOF.gif
AH AH, IMAGINE AH AH, IMAGINE
AH AH, IMAGINE AH AH AH

words simply CAN'T describe how this song makes me feel. the fucking FAGGOTRY she pulled here. imagine being uncultured. imagine disliking love cherry motion. to those of you who DO, and you know who you ARE, i'm not mad at you. you should be mad at yourself. period.

16) so sad she had to come after choerry. i feel an ounce of pity for her. also the song is very bland and not that at all. feels like a NQ to me teebs, but you know. fags these days.
17) i can say that this is the ONLY fletcher song that has made any sort of impact on me. i actually really like this? the pre chorus, the chorus and the pre chorus BEFORE the final chorus SNAP SO HARD... but then there's the verses. and the final chorus. which feel like an above average h&m song at best.
18) this is the faggot from the politician! david corenswet is so fucking hot. oh and the song did nothing for me.
19) this... is actually pretty good? a little basic for my tastes but that drop kind of snapped. might snatch a few low pts, we'll see how i feel after this on the contest. but i did really enjoy it!
20) this song got me dick, so big thanks to whoever submitted it. also, it's really fucking good? definetly outsold that other straight male song that came before it. i love how it built momentum over it, the guitar solo SNAPPED, and that final chorus did THAT. straight male rock excellence at their best? i'd say so.
21) i have such a soft side for these 80s inspired songs lately, the synths are so vice city i can't. also the video was AMAZING? i know y'all like to rag on this isn't tengaged's music video contest but don't act like visuals can't elevate a song. and this... certainly did!
22)
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MediumEnchantingArmyworm-size_restricted.gif
ava max. how do you fix a problem like ava max? the solution seems easy enough: get rid of that god awful wig thats her only identity trait at this point, ditch the cheap 2010 lady gaga knock off redone demos, and actually work on some songs that are worthwhile. but given that being the new age natalia kills is the only thing she's got going on for her, i don't think she's dropping it anytime soon. in regards to the song in itself, it's terrible. legitimately godawful. apparently theres supposed to be an album coming out? i'll be sure to check it out when it leaks on soundcloud five years from now after she's been dropped from her label. i wish her an ounce of luck in that regard.
TL;DR: i don't hate ava max because she's an uninspired mediocre artist, she's an uninspired mediocre artist because i hate her.

23) such a soothing tune after... that repelling mess. this grew with me as it went along, and i really liked it by the end! a great effort, should score good points from me.
24) LMFAO, hows this bop for a closer? i still really enjoy this bop, she said "fuck fags" and i said THANK YOU. good closer for an actually good contest!
1492 days 18 hours ago
Eoin
01) Liis Lemsalu - TOOT - It did what it needed to do and no more, I liked it. Something chill and very easy listening to about it.

02) Paula  - BOOT - This is so low energy it hurts. Like this is what I hate about modern pop music...just no fun.

03) 5 Seconds of Summer - BOOT - Well, I was hugely impressed by them after their winning entry last year, but this feels like a step back for them, and maybe this boot is just bitterness at them slaying Dua. Will they slay Dua in TSC? I can confidently say no.

04) Luana Kiara - BOOT - This was just messyyyyy, like her vocals just weren't it and the song wasn't it either. Just no hunny.

05) Hannah Trigwell  - BOOT - Someone trying to depend on name to do well. No. Next.

06) Rachel Lorin - TOOT - This was so dark and fun, I really liked this and feel like this would walk a week without big names, can it do it this week? I'm not so sure. But I loved it, everything a TSC entry should be.

07) Melanie C - BOOT - This doesn't have the fabulous factor that her previous entry had, and as a result, I'm very whelmed.

08) UPSAHL - BOOT - Oh this was just really fucking dull, like who really cares?

09) Dua Lipa - TOOT - Its in my top half of the album, I don't think its the best of all time or anything but this song definitely sticks out this week for all the right reasons.

10) The Score - TOOT - This could actually do decently, sometimes this sort of stuff flops, like when I send it, or does well when Patrick sends it. I quite like it, nice build and delivery, no complaints but also not something I'd add to my playlists.

11) SVRCINA - TOOT - This is really fucking strong, this week really is it. Could have a stronger chorus, but I still love it, but the problem is I love a lot this week.

12) Shab - BOOT - I hated that stupid fucking horn in the verses and then the chorus was also just obnoxious, no hunny, no.

13) Chaz Cardigan - TOOT - Definitely a grower not a shower, despite that, i really liked the chorus, the verses were eh but overall it delivered and I enjoyed it.

14) Lina Kuduzovic - BOOT - This was just boring...after a really strong week, this just doesn't belong in the final.

15) LOONA - BOOT - After this I will not STAN LOONA.

16) Bow Anderson - TOOT - I did consider sending this, but ultimately did not as I felt it became less of a song and more about her vocal masterclass, however, I still enjoyed it.

17) FLETCHER - TOOT - This may be one of my favourite songs of the year, I have been waiting for FLETCHER to peak, I knew she had it and this is everything I wanted.

18) Ben Platt - TOOT - I love the production and he's got a really strong voice, super catchy as well. Really enjoyed this.

19) ABIR - TOOT - This was fine, a few interesting elements added in from keeping it being too basic, still I didn't fall in love with it. But it'll do.

20) Nothing But Thieves - TOOT - This is the kind of indie I love, a strong chorus with strong vocals. So catchy too. Again, this week really is it.

21) Zivert - BOOT - The production makes it sound like this might be a good song, but her vocals are just not it mawma.

22) Ava Max - TOOT - Her best since SBAP, and my winner's pick this week. I do really like this, a strong chorus which is catchy and solid throughout without being gimmicky. Well done Miss Max.

23) VINCINT - TOOT - I really like his voice, this isn't his best song, nowhere near it actually, but I still do quite like it.

24) Julianna Karaulova - BOOT - I just hated her voice, and the whole song. I feel like we've seen this product executed a lot better in the past, this was just not it.
1492 days 14 hours ago
Alexito
01) Liis Lemsalu: A version of a Finnish song, don't know if it's allowed, although it's better than the original honestly. Love the strenght that she has in the chorus.
02) Paula: Don't know why it's so hated, I find it as a cool song, maybe too metallic in the beginning, but nice in an overall way.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer: Ok, it's nothing new that I didn't hear before but it was surprisingly nice.
04) Luana Kiara: Well, structure felt kinda weird, her voice is a bit shouty sometimes but I don't think it's bad.
05) Hannah Trigwell: I have the feeling she was entered just a few editions ago. If I compared this song to another songs of her, it doesn't stand out so much, I liked the beginning and the verses but I couldn't keep all my attention for it. Well, it grows with a 2nd listening.
06) Rachel Lorin: Chorus hit so well and makes it a solid and also a potential contender.
07) Melanie C: As the big name she is, I had big hopes on her and she didn't disappoint me. I'm in love with this bop!
08) UPSAHL: Mmmm, don't know what to say about it, it bored me so much and it was so repetitive.
09) Dua Lipa: Wow, it's like someone put some famous good songs into a mixer and this song is the result of it. Is it good? Yes, but feels so unoriginal.
10) The Score: Good start. Sounds so cool. It stands out so much from many similar songs.
11) SVRCINA: Even though I like this song, I find it a bit simple, or at least it needs something else to be that good.
12) Shab: Sounds like a song Azerbaijan or another eastern country would send to Eurovision. Catchy rhythm so it might be a potential contender too.
13) Chaz Cardigan: He was getting on my nerves in the video, however I could enjoy the song, another different one that might stand out.
14) Lina Kuduzovic: The real winner of EMA, she's so Ariana Grande, at least in this song. A very good choice.
15) LOONA: Too sweet, I'm gonna puke rainbows... Not my thing, sorry.
16) Bow Anderson: I almost liked the chorus, but it has something that it's not right. It also has some good parts and another annoying/forgettable.
17) FLETCHER: It feels like a total contender for the win. Again, she didn't invent anything but it's super cool and the music let you dive in the whole song easily.
18) Ben Platt: I know this guy, I think I liked one of his songs but I forgot his name. This is in the middle of the road imo. I could easily give high points or just forget about it. Btw, he reminded me of Ruth Lorenzo :P
19) ABIR: A good song that needs something else to be more epicer, or at least that was I was expecting.
20) Nothing But Thieves: All the good elements that makes this song a good song were missing in the previous one. THIS IS GOOD! Learn please!
21) Zivert: RUSSIAN QUEEN IS HERE! SORRY, EVERYBODY GRAB YOUR THINGS AND GTFO CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO HERE.
22) Ava Max: Is this too Lady Gaga or is just me? I think she's making good music but most of her music sound pretty the same. Love her anyway.
23) VINCINT: This is a good week, so I don't know if this is going to make my cut.
24) Julianna Karaulova: Russian/Ukrainian music <3. I expected a little bit more than this, but it's enough for me to like it. However she abused of autotune like a lot :S
1492 days 14 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Liis Lemsalu – This is a nice bop as I love the music as I can groove along to it and she has got a good voice and I like the overall package
02) Paula – What is up with her voice and it sounds so irritating to hear and this whole song just sounded very messy and not good
03) 5 Seconds of Summer – I never thought I would hear a bore from them but bravo as this doesn’t grab anything and the chorus was a mess to hear
04) Luana Kiara – I’m just waiting for this song to be over as it feels like it is looping on itself as it just keeps going round and round and I’m fed up of it
05) Hannah Trigwell – She got a nice voice and the music was good as well but the chorus was on a different level of bad as it just wouldn’t stop and felt like 2 different songs
06) Rachel Lorin – This is right up my alley as she is bringing sexy back into music and girl, she did just that as it has everything I like
07) Melanie C – Whatever she touches turn to gold as this is a solid song that feels so original and I just love her voice as this delivers a statement
08) UPSAHL – This is different to what I hear and dare I say that I like it as it brings something new and with more listens I could really get into it
09) Dua Lipa – Honestly this is not bad but it just sounds like an album filler as it was empty to listen to and didn’t grab anything from me
10) The Score – Damn that first sound has got me hooked in as it is powerful and my god just made a statement as I’m waving my hand in the air
11) SVRCINA – She is trying to be edgy and this honey is not it as it just fell down in the bland music and the music got repetitive to the point of annoyance
12) Shab – The music is bringing some ethnic vibes but the singer does a poor job at it as she sounds lazy and is losing my interest with the song
13) Chaz Cardigan – Okay it was going somewhere I didn’t expect it to and by that point I was fed up of this as the song turned messy and loud
14) Lina Kuduzovic – Um this is fine but over time it just started to get forgettable and the music also is starting to give me a headache
15) LOONA – This is actually gentle for a K Pop song and I don’t mind it as it has a nice sound to it but the break down bit needed to go as it does nothing for the song
16) Bow Anderson – I love her voice straight away and mama I just found my new favourite vocalist as she brings star power and this song is perfect for her as I love it to death
17) FLETCHER – She got an alright voice and song and it is good, but it just doesn’t have that spark to make it great as it does feel bland at times
18) Ben Platt – Yes boy I knew he would shine with the right song and this shows as his voice works well and I am enjoying the mood it is bringing me in
19) ABIR – She has got some swagger in that voice which helps to stand out but the song is just bland as it doesn’t go anywhere
20) Nothing But Thieves – I like the beat this is bringing and he has got a nice voice and I could see myself bopping my head along to this
21) Zivert – This was confusing to say the least as the music is trying to start something but honey the fire hasn’t even lit it’s flames
22) Ava Max – Congrats Ava is back with this masterpiece that has so many great sounds and I am digging it all as it is catchy and powerful and what a song
23) VINCINT – He got a yummy voice that brings some good vibes which is what I am digging for and even though the song doesn’t offer anything new it is nice to hear him
24) Julianna Karaulova – What did I even just watch as this song was madness and not in a good way as it was static and no energy at all coming from the singer
1492 days 1 hour ago
ianfitz0012
01) Liis Lemsalu - The only part I liked was the instrumental section of the chorus but hey that counts for something
02) Paula - it's edgy but not bashing me over the head edgy. I liked where it went
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - Standard, average, not too special, but good enough to get my approval.
04) Luana Kiara - I liked where it was going and then the chorus… stopped suddenly? Definitely a song pet peeve for me
05) Hannah Trigwell - completely uninspiring and not special
06) Rachel Lorin - another song that lacks originality but I'm still not hating it.
07) Melanie C - a very uninspiring song where I do not find myself caring about it or her at all
08) UPSAHL - was that seriously the chorus I'm underwhelmed
09) Dua Lipa - NOPE SORRY :)
10) The Score - I hope this is bibbles mom I actually enjoyed this! A good way to pump up the energy in this contest
11) SVRCINA - good lead-up, bad chorus… a common thread linking this and the other songs
12) Shab - the Anushqa of the week where people will give it points for originality and bc they like the bollywood bops but I'm seeing through that this week and saying no bc underneath at all this song means nothing and offers me less
13) Chaz Cardigan - It was above average for a white man's pop song. I liked the Beck teas this was serving me
14) Lina Kuduzovic - really enjoyed this. Nice beat that keeps you hooked
15) LOONA - background noise until the beat finally drops very randomly. Basically, it's a tale of two different songs. Similar to the worst Fifth Harmony song "Me and My Girls"
16) Bow Anderson - I like the soul element of this. Not completely sold on it but it stands out among a lot of average indie pop this week
17) FLETCHER - she's done soooooooo much better
18) Ben Platt - oh I hate this production pet so much
19) ABIR - Ok I love the beat drop, and the song seems great for her voice (which is lovely!). This song does right what a lot of songs this week failed to do when trying. Overall very solid
20) Nothing But Thieves - Takes a while to get good. Perhaps too long…
21) Zivert - I prefer Weezer's Beverly Hills…. This is terribly boring
22) Ava Max - WOW very edgic pick I've never heard from before. I like it but less points for lack of originality
23) VINCINT - this song seems to think it's more meaningful, emotional and epic than it actually is. Sad
24) Julianna Karaulova - amazing beat drop I don't even care what the rest of the song sounds like LOL
25) Now United - best song of all time
1492 days 1 hour ago
hellocat
1) Liis Lemsalu- Okay this chorus snaps 😍. I think overall it's a great cover however I don't think it'll do well, probably in the 20's sadly.

2) Paula- I can see why this is hated but to be honest, I would listen to this again and if it was on a playlist I wouldn't press skip, quite an enjoyable listen for my ears.

3) 5 Seconds of Summer- This was one of the semi final songs I remembered, I don't know if it will stand out in this final cause it does look strong but it's a sweet track.

4) Luana Kiara- Now I definitely remembered this song and I'm actually so happy it qualified. It's one of those songs that I love but I won't admit to loving, but it's such a BOP.

5) Hannah Trigwell- Just by having the word Taboo in the title reminds me of Christabelle I don't know why it's just a habit, overall this song was a good 3 minute that went by rather quickly, definitely enjoyable.

6) Rachel Lorin- This song was in my semi and I didn't remember it at first but on a re-listen now I realised why I loved it in the semi, it's just so good. On the bad side it does remind me of Katy Perry 2000's

7) Melanie C- This qualified?? I mean I can sort of see why but it's such an average and boring song, I don't like this one bit

8) UPSAHL- To be honest I thought I would hate this, but no I actually quite enjoyed it, it snapped from the first second and it's rather catchy, definitely an underdog to win.

9) Dua Lipa- Overall It's one of her weaker songs but it's still rather pleasant, don't think I'd listen to it again however 😬.

10) The Score- This has everything a pop rock sing would have, I've heard thousands of songs like this, I do like it but it's not unique one bit.

11) SVRCINA- I adore SVRCINA, my favourite song from hers is Meet me on the battlefield, overall I don't mind this it's not one of her best but it's very modern and good... I guess

12) Shab- Okay this is an ethnic party!! I really enjoyed this and I think if I was at a club and this was playing I would slut drop and dance to it, very cool.

13) Chaz Cardigan- Bring me back the screaming old man over this. I thought Semi 2 was strong, I'm confused then how this qualified over Aronchupa 🤔🤔.

14) Lina Kuduzovic- I never understood how this was like in EMA, for me it's just a dreary song, I find it so average and it bugs me.

15) LOONA- I try so hard to like KPop but it's just becoming impossible, I can never seem to get into a song and enjoy it.

16) Bow Anderson- She has AMAZING vocals?!!? Overall it's not the best sing but I did really enjoy it and it's one of my favourite of this final.

17) FLETCHER- This was definitely a standout from the first semi, i have liked this less from the last time I heard this, but I do like this.

18) Ben Platt- I never thought Ben Platt would release something outside of musical (I don't know if he had before but I have only heard him in musicals nothing else) but overall I enjoyed this immensely, a great bop.

19) ABIR- This is quite a bop, I really enjoyed this. She's a great vocalist aswell, in this final however I don't know how well she will do as I do think she might get lost.

20) Nothing But Thieves- I do like Nothing But Thieves, they are probably one of my favourite rock groups but this is just not good im sorry.

21) Zivert- 80's inspired queen with the best hair ever!!! Who will beat her? Exactly: NO-ONE

22) Ava Max- I'm not a hater of Ava but this is just annoying, I don't know how to describe this song but yeah I don't enjoy it one bit.

23) VINCINT- I remember him off the Four, overall a great track which I will be listening to on repeat later on today. I shall also learn the lyrics.

24) Julianna Karaulova- This is a great closer of this Final, I have no idea how well it'll do but in my book it will do well with me ☺️

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!