This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 389 Final

Topic » TSC 389 Final

1512 days 14 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Liis Lemsalu - A d ecent opener. Not bad. Nice langauge
02) Paula - This qualified? Wow.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - They have much better I dont get winner vibez but this is fine
04) Luana Kiara  -This got better but it was still one note
05) Hannah Trigwell - Its well produced but so dull.
06) Rachel Lorin -  Oh i enjoyed this well done
07) Melanie C - I like her voice. Her winning song was better but this is fine.
08) UPSAHL - YEah this is novelty value. She kinda looks like new kesha.

09) Dua Lipa - yes
10) The Score - I have been enjoying these kind of songs in tsc a lot this year. Nothing i would listen to outside but its fine.
11) SVRCINA - this was good qualify but sadly boring
12) Shab - Yeah this is more my style
13) Chaz Cardigan - I have a phobia of jelly so this  video was traumatic. Boot. 24th place plz
14) Lina Kuduzovic - Can she sing? unkown?
15) LOONA - yeah this was good. well done Ricktwoworkick1
16) Bow Anderson - HATE her voice. the song is fine but i have to have to listen to her voice.

17) FLETCHER - People think this is winning? I-. It's fine.
18) Ben Platt - This builds to a nice ending but I cant take benji from pitch perfect as a serious singer.
19) ABIR - This had all the ingredianets but together it made a one-note song with no rise and fall
20) Nothing But Thieves - Sorry Alicia its a boot
21) Zivert - The whole song is a sample. If we are going to attack dua lipa for being famous then attack Zivert for literally stealing the music and singing over it in  another language.
22) Ava Max - STAN Talent
23) VINCINT - This was decent. His other entry was better but it was fine
24) Julianna Karaulova - decent ending. a bit random.org
1512 days 14 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Liis Lemsalu - This was the song Luca tried to enter in ESCT 35, then Varlto found out it was a cover of a Finnish song haha :p It’s good, I find it a little messy though.
02) Paula – I really disliked the layered vocals. Honestly not for me.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer -  I don’t mind this at all actually, which surprises me haha. It’s not bad at all, they seem to be treading more into the indie territory recently.
04) Luana Kiara - I think this stands out here, like hip shaking standout haha :p
05) Hannah Trigwell – It’s pretty good. I like how vocal in the chorus. It reminds me of Billie with the electro beats in the back (not Billie Eillish, Billie).
06) Rachel Lorin – One of the best for me.  I liked this, nothing really to complain about haha :p
07) Melanie C - Hi Tolis. This is quite basic by her standards, but even her basic songs are pretty good.
08) UPSAHL – really good actually. Catchy and that hook is going to be stuck in my mind.
09) Dua Lipa – I like her new stuff a lot actually. I love the clear electro influences. The chorus could be a little more punchy, but the whole song is fine.
10) The Score – Vocal were at 99% at the start…so there wasn’t anywhere for them to go. It’s fine, in a shouty to get my message across way.
11) SVRCINA - Speaking  of messy. It’s fine, but really it’s not something I’m going to listen to again, it’s just exhausting.
12) Shab – Strong. It’s in the eyesssss. Not bad, I think I may give this another listen later. Again I would like slightly more of a memorable hook, but it’s fine.
13) Chaz Cardigan – The shouty chorus was the best part of this for me. :p
14) Lina Kuduzovic - That shaky vocal though. Haha. Proper shaky. Some moments were nice though
15) LOONA - this is fine. It’s pleasant enough, I’m not sure it will standout haha :p
16) Bow Anderson – Love her vocal. Song is good too, I can imagine this winning tonight. Good choice.
17) FLETCHER - This happened? It’s fine, probably won’t  be in the top 10 here cos it’s a little bland.
18) Ben Platt – Personally not something I enjoy but I can see why you guys put this through, at least it’s jolly.
19) ABIR – Pretty great actually. Nothing out of this worl unique, but it’s easily one of the strongest here. :)
20) Nothing But Thieves - This is ok actually tbh, the second male band to actually sound decent today haha :p
21) Zivert – Stunning. Between her and Dua, we got strong 80s vibe songs today. Should have won ESCT, so hopefully will win here instead.
22) Ava Max - wow…This has like 90s vibes, I was ready to drag her, but I can’t with that strong chorus hook :p yes slay bitch.
23) VINCINT – Not bad. His voice sounds great in the chorus, I just wish it was like that the whole time. :p
24) Julianna Karaulova -  I didn’t like the talking bits, but I quite liked the vibe, like it sounds like a fever dream haha
1512 days 14 hours ago
Darbe
1.        Liis Lemsalu – This is so pretty. No idea what she was singing about, but I emotionally felt the verses, and chorus had some solid contemporary production.
2.        Paula – This starts strong and has a cute hook. These kinda vocal effects maybe lasted a bit long. Wish this resulted in more trance for me than it did, but cute
3.        5 Seconds of Summer – The hook is catchy, although I feel like it sounds like another song? I hated the lyrical muting during the chorus, but aside from that it was ayt. Nice song.
4.        Luana Kiara – These vocals are grating and the track is MOR.
5.        Hannah Trigwell – YOUR HIPS. YOUR BACK. YOUR WASTE. THE FACE. YOU MAKE. THE WAY. YOU SAY. I TAKE. Not sure if the production and vocals flow greatly in some places. Grew on me a bit more than in the semis, but it still doesn’t blow my mind and take all of my attention.
6.        Rachel Lorin – Yeah, this wasn’t bad. Not too memorable, but it’s passable.
7.        Melanie C – Didn’t care for her winning entry. Don’t care for this either. I just don’t think this trancey retro/futuristic style suits her vocal.
8.        UPSAHL – Love the dark vibe and the pre-chorus is TOO good. Chorus is underwhelming but the rest is sexy and dark.
9.        Dua Lipa – SHOOT, my clothes have left my body!
10.        The Score – The weekly NetFlix (un)Original track.
11.        SVRCINA – This isn’t executed as greatly as it could have been. It’s cute. Hint of Calvin & HAIM Pray To God in the whispers.
12.        Shab – Cheap ethnic bop! Potential contender to win this week
13.        Chaz Cardigan – Very 2019 TSC Darbe. The relatable indie I fucking needed today.
14.        Lina Kuduzociv – This deserves much more credit than TSC have been giving it the last few days. It’s pretty, packs punch and actually made me feel something. I like this a lot oops.
15.        LOONA – I’ve heard a lot of STAN LOONA’s over the last few years. Don’t really think the drop matches the sugary style of the rest of the track. This was actuall kinda good though wtf is happening to my KPOP taste these last few weeks?
16.        Bow Anderson  Sonically it’s not even really in my taste range, but she sells it so great with the vocals and one of the best tracks lyrically this week
17.        FLETCHER – FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER. Yeah I wanted to submit this last week but the dumb theme screwed that up. Haven’t cared for any of her entries but she snapped with this. Emotional yet boppy.
18.        Ben Platt – The verses are strong actually, but that chorus is so fucking bad legit it’s like two entirely different songs.
19.        Abir – Verses are okay sonically. However, not only is this edgy nonsense lyrically, but the drop is sonically so disjointed to the rest of the song and gives me a headache.
20.        Nothing but Thieves – The type of rock that is really TSC friendly. Safe but solid throughout really, I see it doing well
21.        Zivert – Some have said this is a frontrunner? Lmao what... My opinion is that this sounds unoriginal and adds no flavour to the 80s sound and just sounds dated. No ma’am.
22.        Ava Max – I probably ‘like’ every Ava Max song, but they all literally sound the same really so it’s a conflicting one. Another surface level bop.
23.         VINCINT – The verses slaying me with the nostalgic emotional Carly vibes. Chorus was a bit lazy but wasn’t abysmal.
24.        Yulianna Karaulova – A cheap Russian bop, but it has personality
1512 days 13 hours ago
Talian
01) Liis Lemsalu : First things first : it was a pleasant listen. Now on with the bad. I feel the references for this were all over the place. The song itself doesn’t really have a direction as it starts as a bass heavy track and transforms into a dancey track. It... confuses me. Also, I watched the videos only the second time around and it enforced my doubts about the song. Even visual references were very all over the place. In the end. Nice. But confusing.

02) Paula : I love the vocal effects. It feels kinda like the climax came too late into the song but that’s not a major problem. Probably the worst concern about this song is at semis, I loved it. Now... it kinda blended in and didn’t really go anywhere. I still enjoyed it. But if lost a little interest for me.

03) 5 Seconds of Summer : I don’t like this new turn for them. I believe the era that started with Want you back and ended with the Teeth album was their best. It was a catchy rock which I love. This kinda folky indie rock is it really for me. Too classic. Let’s bring something new.

04) Luana Kiara : This was sexy captivating. SEXY. But also... heard before. Melanie Fiona did it first and better. Now... this is still nice. But we already had someone who did the exact same thing more than 10 years ago.

05) Hannah Trigwell : The verses are GOOD. New. Refreshing. When the acoustic guitar kicks in is just magic. But I hate HATE H-A-T-E when choruses are just coals warmups. It’s a pity. Because Verses and bridges are just THAT BITCH.

06) Rachel Lorin : I had this song on my list forever. A few things : “Gold” outsold by miles. And where is the chorus? Is that a chorus? I am so mad because verses are goooooood.

07) Melanie C : Lol at me even considering this. I mean... I get why the gays love it but it’s just not for me. The chorus is a big mess. After the “that’s who I am” I expected an overture and instead we had some sort of soft spoken words.

08) UPSAHL : This song is stellar. Until the chorus doesn’t come. The mumbling part is really unsatisfactory. But overall is a nice song. It’s just it could have much more. I wish she just keeps on pushing because the potential is there.

09) Dua Lipa : Here is the thing about making an only upbeat funky inspired songs album : they all sound the same. I know the gays stan. And I mean... it’s catchy. But I am so ready for something else already.

10) The Score : March-y gospel-y power rock. I am already on my knees. Loved it. But also... why didn’t you enter “born for this”????

11) SVRCINA : I am here for this. Is this my cup of tea? No. Should you expect anything from me? No. But this is the kinda of generic songs that I go down with. Good pick. This was good.

12) Shab : This is nice. Not stellar. The drop needed much more work. Also you know my adversity to drops instead of choruses. But this is a nice verse. I just wish the rest was up to par tho.

13) Chaz Cardigan : You know the drill. Give me hot British guy singing some power British  indie rock shit and my thirst comes out. Like... look at his mouth. He cute. Me dig it.

14) Lina Kuduzovic : I will be le-shocked if this ain’t Alexito. I liked it. Kinda basic. Not really my cup of tea. But it was nice.

15) LOONA : I know the number one rule is to stan LOONA and I mean... this wasn’t bad. Just it wasn’t my cup of tea at all. Even tho I appreciate this taking kinda a twist to the usual KPop song.

16) Bow Anderson : In 2014 this would have won. No questions asked. I liked this even better than the first time around. And I don’t even know I dismissed it so quickly the first time I heard this. Great pick. A little outdated. But cool.

17) FLETCHER : This rocks. Once again. Yo whoever you are I hope you rot in hell.

18) Ben Platt : Fuck. Literally fuck. His voice. This song. Fuck. Amazing!!!! Like seriously I don’t even have words.

19) ABIR : Not really my thing. It’s nice but nothing nothing nothing new. And the drop was kinda disappointing .

20) Nothing But Thieves : How. Do. They. Do. That. Every. Time? This is literally perfection. Literally the best song since when I came back to TSC. Sorry Conrad.

21) Zivert : Nice. But also heard before. Nothing exciting.

22) Ava Max : Very catchy. I just wonder if she isn’t tired of along the same song every time. But at least it’s better than Dua.

23) VINCINT : He is such a diva. I love her. Please don’t fall in love outsold by like... a lot. But he just sells it like it’s nobody’s business.

24) Julianna Karaulova : This is just iconic. Definition : everything I hate about a song. But makes my ass shaking and moving. So you know it did IT.
1512 days 12 hours ago
bibbles
1) Liis Lemsalu – this will set the tone for all the female songs today!
02) Paula – hate the layering, its soooo irritatitng!
03) 5 Seconds of Summer – its still not teeth!!
04) Luana Kiara- shes a bit monotone!!
05) Hannah Trigwell – the singing and the song didn’t match it was very mixed up!
06) Rachel Lorin – got listen to this again? Get on with the singing it’s a song not a film!!
07) Melanie C – knew this would make it through, its okay. Have I ever mentioned I saw the spice girls the first time round?
08) UPSAHL – trying too hard whilst sounding like you couldn’t be bothered and swearing, well done!!
09) Dua Lipa – so over rated!!
10) The Score – brilliant, loved it!
11) SVRCINA – after that great song, back to non-pronunciation, nasally lazy singing, is the comment I stand by!
12) Shab – very samey, and repetitive!
13) Chaz Cardigan – its okay, better that some it ive heard today!
14) Lina Kuduzovic – shes even more nasally than the first time round!!!
15) LOONA – obvious loona would make it!!
16) Bow Anderson – singing is okay, it was pleasant enough is suppose!
17) FLETCHER – hasn’t she already sung in this contest!
18) Ben Platt – come on ben, you know you can do it, sing, there you go, well done.
19) ABIR – same old predictable song!
20) Nothing But Thieves – brilliant!
21) Zivert – something from the 80s! its okay.
22) Ava Max – bit shouty, but at least shes not as nasally as some!!
23) VINCINT – its okay.
24) Julianna Karaulova – this was really boring!
1512 days 11 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. Meh, doesn't excite me. Quite bland
2. Wasn't keen on the echoing of the voice
3. Well this was garbage
4. What a horrible voice!
5. Really like how moody this feels
6. I liked this but it felt it was lacking a real kick to take it to the next level
7. She keeps delivering bops! Sporty did that!
8. I have had this on repeat since semi 2 (along with hole in the roof R.I.P.) this is a bop!
9. My boyfriend has had this album on repeat since it came out. It's full of bop, like this one
10. Surprised this qualified. It's a standard rock song, nothing exciting about it
11. Feels a bit too try hard
12. Really dig the sound of this. A bop!
13. Didn't expect to like this but it was really good!
14. What a snoozefest! Even when the chorus tried to pick it up it was bland
15. Way too sugary sweet!
16. Her voice reminds me of someone that I can't for the life of me remember who they are. Anyway, I like this
17. Yet another boring ass song!
18. Another song I didn't expect to like (his last entry was awful) but it was quite catchy
19. Meh, very generic
20. Very high energy, this kind of goes off!
21. I like the 80s vibes
22. She keeps delivering bops! This was great!
23. https://media.giphy.com/media/wf3ozlNwJ1Lfq/giphy.gif
24. I wanted to like it but it was so annoying! Also, tik tok... ew, disgusting!
1512 days 11 hours ago
TheGoodMan
01) Liis Lemsalu - This is Estonian right? I really like the way the language sounds actually. I think the song itself is only alright, it doesn't really bring me anywhere special, but she's a cute girl!
02) Paula - I always appreciate a good vocal effect, i'm a fan of songs like this, I really liked this actually.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - This was better than I expected, they've honed in on that power pop kinda sound that must work for them, not gagging but it's not bad actually
04) Luana Kiara - Her voice was kinda annoying tbh, so I didn't really enjoy this one much, it was a generic pop song with a grating vocal.
05) Hannah Trigwell - This was totally fine, but felt very long to me. I didn't think it was a bad song, I enjoyed the beat, but nothing really grabbed me by the puss.
06) Rachel Lorin - The best thing about this was the clapping, overall though the song is uninspired and bleh.
07) Melanie C - For the record Mel C has the best back catalogue of all the Spice Girlies, I Turn To You is THAT bitch. I've always liked her voice, she's a queen and loving the disco vibes of this. Good entry!
08) UPSAHL - This got into my mind, catchy and fun, I liked it.
09) Dua Lipa - This is an undeniable BELTER of a song. She really did that. I mean I get people being upset at it being eligible, but at the end of the day, this is a great song, it's eligible and my criteria is 'vote for the songs I want to do well', and I fuckin love this.
10) The Score - I hate Imagine Dragons! This was uninspired and crap. Not at all for me.
11) SVRCINA - I feel like this kinda song is done a lot in TSC, but I can't deny it's quality, I really thought it was good.
12) Shab - It's a bit of a hip shaker and the ethnic elements worked. It was a bit eurovisiony, but upon a relisten, it might not hit as hard as it did the first time tbh
13) Chaz Cardigan - Bleh. It was an acceptable pop rock kinda song, I didn't really like it much but whatever.
14) Lina Kuduzovic - To be honest this did outsell VOOOOODDAAAAAAAAAAAA. It is a bit of a throwaway Ariana-esque song, but it's not bad, I'm here for her.
15) LOONA - Stan Loona I guess! This is a good song, where it's not just throwing everything against the wall, it's well crafted and flows nicely!
16) Bow Anderson - This felt like a Meghan Trainor song, so a big N O to this.
17) FLETCHER - I really like her, one of her songs was on my top 50 of last year's list. This was a really nice entry that flowed well and didn't try to do too much, I liked it.
18) Ben Platt - Embarrassing lol. Not at all relevant or good. He should stick to musical theatre I stanned Dear Evan Hansen.
19) ABIR - This was also a really nice entry, I could get into it, the post-chorus part with the breakdown, it was nice.
20) Nothing But Thieves - Not here for this White Stripes Tribute act..
21) Zivert - Girl I don't know what she is saying but I was living! Kinda a bop! that instrumental was doing it for me.
22) Ava Max - An Ava Max song? I was finding self isolation hard, but this has put me back in a DARK place.
23) VINCINT - I get that this one was trying to give a throwback vibe, I just really didn't like the vocal at ALL and I didn't like the song periodt.
24) Julianna Karaulova - There was something very MARUV about this, in a good way, I thought it was fun and sezzy.
1512 days 11 hours ago
NicoleF
01) Liis Lemsalu - BOOT - Nice beat so it's a light boot but I didn't care for the vocals at all.
02) Paula - BOOT - The lead-up to the beat drop had me expecting fireworks but I was disappointed. Nice voice though when singing.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - TOOT - Honestly the chorus really sells this song for me and makes this song have a really cool vibe!
04) Luana Kiara - TOOT - Like Maisie, I didn't expect to like this but the voice's uniqueness really sells the song!
05) Hannah Trigwell - BOOT - Light boot cause I don't know what I didn't like about the song but something felt off.
06) Rachel Lorin - TOOT - Another light toot that does just enough for me. Really enjoy the vocals and theme of the song!
07) Melanie C - BOOT - I guess it's an empowering message but I hate those songs cause they're so cheesy and eye-roll worthy.
08) UPSAHL - NOOT - Okay I actually love her voice and the chorus was catchy but it all got old fast so...noot.
09) Dua Lipa - SHOOT - A winner baby!!!...and if it doesn't, it's cause of biased and presst voters who are jealous of an easy win.
10) The Score - TOOT - Ooh bitch this actually slapped...this felt like a natural bop. It was so good!
11) SVRCINA - BOOT - Love the voice and the beat is nice but the chorus kills any momentum this song builds.
12) Shab - TOOT - I'm a sucker for an Arabian-esque aesthetic in a song. This was beautiful and obviously stanned the production!
13) Chaz Cardigan - TOOT - This is the moment I got confirmation that SF2 crushed SF1 out of the water. This song is so easy on the ears!
14) Lina Kuduzovic - TOOT - This actual has a really nice sound to it. Side note but her lip syncing is horrible LMAO!
15) LOONA - BOOT - Not listening. Fuck LOONA.
16) Bow Anderson - BOOT - It just felt basic to me. I wish it would've went somewhere with more oomph.
17) FLETCHER - BOOT - It just felt very generic and basic honestly and the beat was bland too.
18) Ben Platt - BOOT - Yuck @ Ben Platt...I'm bias and self-aware of that. Sorry to whoever submitted this.
19) ABIR - TOOT - It's not a light toot but it's not a heavy toot. Nothing was like 'wow' but everything clicked and it sounded good!
20) Nothing But Thieves - TOOT - Light toot because for this contest semi-final, it does just enough to get a positive reaction out of me. Nothing was horrible here.
21) Zivert - NOOT - Nothing was bad and it wasn't basic enough for a boot, but it still was very average in my opinion.
22) Ava Max - TOOT - Light toot and I think it being a "contender" this week is a bit overrated cause it's bland lyrically but Ava sells the garmet.
23) VINCINT - BOOT - This did nothing for me. Sorry, but that's how I feel.
24) Julianna Karaulova - TOOT - Wow. This beat actually slapped and the vocals weren't bad but production really sold me here!
1512 days 10 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) Liis Lemsalu- This is a little too basic even for me to be honest... like in the field of basicness it doesnt make the formula different enough for me to think it stands out. I also don't like the chorus, the instrumental bit is just really too summer-y for me and we aint in summer yet!
02) Paula- Intro reminded me of a Banks song so I liked it. When the actual beat kicks in it kinda loses that and its not as good but it is still enjoyable enough and is quick listen anyways so
03) 5 Seconds of Summer- I am so disapointed... honestly. I adore Youngblood and Teeth by this guys because they sound dark and they just rock instrumentally and melodically. So basically this strips off all that I like about this guys music and replaces it with mediocre pop ish instrumentation. Just not for me
04) Luana Kiara- I liked this. Her voice is kind of annoying and theres a few music elements who are also annoying. But overall the package works and I dig the music enough for me to look past its flaws and give it a point or two if the contest fails to deliver
05) Hannah Trigwell- I learned to like her winning entry Attention. This isn't nearly up to par with it. This is just very basic yet it did grow on me from the semi to now but I still dont like how the singing is all drowned in the music in the chorus and theres some musical choices specially after the first chorus that I really dont get. I may be starting to like this tho but feeling like it will be a grower just like Attention
06) Rachel Lorin- Oh fuck this is good. The chorus has a kick to it. The verses are pretty dark sounding so when the chorus gets a bit lighter it is really good!
07) Melanie C- I dont like the vocals in the chorus honestly would rather her just say thats who I am and let me listen to the music with nothing like she did after the bridge before she sang the chorus again. else the rest is ok, nothing special but solid
08) UPSAHL- Finally something pretty good. Kinda reminds me of Why Do You Love Me by Charlotte Lawrence which I adore. Its just very minor sounding and minimalistic in a way I really like
09) Dua Lipa- See girls like Dua Lipa and miss Zivert make retro sounding music well because they actually make it melodically interesting and modern. This is the best side track off Future Nostalgia, very catchy
10) The Score- This gets me hyped, specially cuz its rocking enough for me to like it but not too rocking to turn me off it. Kinda reminds me of Rag N Bone Man
11) SVRCINA- The verses are pretty nice but then the chorus just drops everything good and enters bland territory...
12) Shab- Ethnic drop done well, I really like this, melodically its amazing, specially the verses. Whole bop
13) Chaz Cardigan- This also has a bit of the retroness I usually dislike but this is also a bit more grungy probably because of the vocals. I'm more here for it, pretty fine
14) Lina Kuduzovic- It is slightly old fashioned but it kinda works. Like its nothing stellar at all but its an enjoyable listen all troughout. Consistent
15) LOONA- I have been calling for people to be Choerry'd for the most time... it finally happens. Ok the verses and chorus is fun and cutesy but its when the Choerry moment happens that my jaw drops and I get shooketh. Ah ah imagine...
16) Bow Anderson- Is this the week everyone decided to submit retro feeling shit songs to kill my vibe? This is just a whole bunch of nonsense for me and sounds very much dated. also pretty annoying
17) FLETCHER- My wait list takes a hit here. I like this, the verses are absolutely FANTASTIC and while the chorus does let this down I still like the song overall
18) Ben Platt- I properly shat on this previously but now its grown on me quite well composed, specially the chorus. The verses are a bit forgettable but the package is actually quite alright
19) ABIR- Verses? fantastic, amazing build for a pop song. the drop? well... thats a whole other history but as a whole I like this
20) Nothing But Thieves- This was alright didnt quite hit as hard as The Score because melodically I just didnt find it as interesting and smooth
21) Zivert- The melody here is interesting and has modern elements and the delivery is just flawless so yeah, this is fantastic. Zivert really did that
22) Ava Max- Ok but this is actually fucking good? Yeah theres a few choices I dont really get like the guitar in the chorus but overall this does it in my humble opinion
23) VINCINT- This is a bit too major chord for me specially in the chorus. The melody sounds a bit retro and happy at it and its not really my thing
24) Julianna Karaulova- Alright Zivert takes the cake for russian bop. I like the verses but the noise at the chorus is just freaking annoying me. This really had the potential to snap but miss thang went the worst route possible instrumentally and I just can't with this. Also the trap sections do not help
1512 days 8 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Liis Lemsalu ~ Oh this is cute! Inoffensive and poppy usually does well, although I have a feeling this week may just be that bit stacky. Still, not at all mad at this.
Paula ~ I like the different pitches, as ballads go it’s pretty good.
5 Seconds of Summer ~ Very tame for then. It’s still quite good, it reminds me a bit of One Foot by Walk The Moon, I think after Teeth and Young Blood, idk I anticipated more or a power song? Still, no real complaints.
Luanda Kiara ~ This did absolutely nothing for me, I’m not keen on her vocal.
Hannah Trigwell ~ Not exactly as polished as Attention, yet I actually think I liked it more. It sounds like a drunk song, and I mean that in a good way.
Rachel Lorin ~ I kinda liked this, appreciate it for being darker. Her husky vocal was great too. It didn’t really have the WOW moment for me, but it was good.
Melanie C ~ Sorta basic, I’m not sure this will propel her to the 3 win club with Y&Y, Faouzia and CRJ. It’s fine, but it’s not really doing it for me.
UPSAHL ~ Not at all surprised this qualified, it’s quite artsy, like a more positive Billie Eilish. I don’t know if I’d return to this, but it’s a grower.
Dua Lipa ~ Undeniably a bop. Wouldn’t be surprised if it won.. well done whoever!
The Score ~ Really has grown on me since first listen. I still think for them, it’s quite basic but wth, they never disappoint. It has good energy, I hope it makes the top 10.
SRVCINA ~ The chorus was great! Pretty decent all round song, although I found the verses dragged after a while. Her voice is sweet.
Shab ~ Really like this, good drop and excellent ethno influences. Can see it being a dark horse.
Chaz Cardigan ~ It’s grown on me but I s find the verses are a bit of a mission overall. The chorus is anthemic so it leaves me a bit torn. Unsure how it’ll do but I do always appreciate a more bold choice.
Lina Kuduzovic ~ Her voice is lovely, but I’m not feeling the song one but if I’m honest. A bit...soppy?
LOONA ~ I’ve always liked their entries in the past, so I’m afraid to say I was highly disappointed in this. It did feel cutesie I can’t lie, and even without, there didn’t seem much there to grab onto anyway. Sorry stans:x they’ve given so much more.
Bow Anderson ~ I do get the appeal of this, but for me it just feels more vocal competition than anything else. No complaints about the actual song, I just found it hard to get into personally.
FLETCHER ~ Hmmm.. a bit overhyped? I was kind of enjoying the build actually, but the chorus entirely destroyed that vibe, it was poor! It’s a miss from me sadly.
Ben Platt ~ I needed this and it was joyous! I can definitely see that the pre chorus could get irritating fast, but wth. Love this.
ABIR ~ I want to like this more, but I just don’t think the delivery was as good as it could have been, the drop felt lazy and out of place on what was otherwise a cool and sassy song. Unsure if I’m honest how it will do for me.
Nothing But Thieves ~ Rock fine very well imo, the chorus vocal especially took me by surprise. Given that we’re significantly lacking males this week, I’d be happy for this to do very well and I think it could.
Zivert ~ Rah rah Rasputin, lover of them Russian bops. The beats, the synth, her voice, that English part in the chorus.. this is absolutely killer, LOVE it!
Ava Max ~ I’m putting it out there, I honestly really like her because all of her songs THUMP, like them or not. I’m not loving the verses in this I’ll admit, but the chorus delivers. Does it feel like a sample to anyone else btw? It does to me xD
VINCINT ~ So very solid all round, hardly surprising. Well constructed song, and tbh I also find him so mesmerising to watch. Gorge!
Julianna Karaulova ~ Elements of this were enjoyable such as the drop and ethno beats, but if I have to be honest, I wish she wasn’t singing .. like that. Ehhh, not that keen.
1512 days 7 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Liis Lemsalu- I like the general vibes of this, she has a nice voice and… yeah good stuff.
02) Paula- I liked the atmospheric quality to this.
03) 5 Seconds of Summer- I like that they went more indie but their voices still scream “trying too hard and I’m in a boy band” but it’s palatable and I like the tune.
04) Luana Kiara- Voice is sooooooo off putting. The production was really sparse and I think there could’ve been a diff result with a better singer and more production.
05) Hannah Trigwell- I liked some of it— the atmosphere mainly. It got slightly formless and dragged somewhat. I’m really unsure of what to make of it.
06) Rachel Lorin- I slightly enjoy this. It’s a fun badass vibe.
07) Melanie C- This is heavy disco vibes— coming for you, Dua Lipa? Maybe not quite, it really repeats itself at the end. But I like this. It feels genuinely vintage and it progresses naturally AND sounds really great.
08) UPSAHL- It was catchy, esp. the chorus.
09) Dua Lipa- This is undeniably solid. It’s not my *fav* and takes a while to pick up, but when it does, it picks up for sure.
10) The Score- It was very intense, super anthemic, slightly repetitive. Okay.
11) SVRCINA- Okay fuck me up. True nature vibes #flowers I like this lots. It’s really original.
12) Shab- I’ve deff heard this before. I like. It’s actually hard not to bop to and it grabs you right from the start.
13) Chaz Cardigan- Defied my expectations, in a good way. It’s a really interesting, original chorus. I like the lyrics—mostly.
14) Lina Kuduzovic- I think she did too much vocal gymnastics and I kinda thought it seemed dated?
15) LOONA- Not really my thing.
16) Bow Anderson- This actually hit. I like the vintage vibes and the powerful voice. Woke me up!
17) FLETCHER- Yes this is one of her best songs. I contemplated submitting this! It’s maybe her best song thus far that’s a contender for high points.
18) Ben Platt- This had me from the start. Not my usual ish but I liked it a lot, the melody was killer.
19) ABIR- I can’t say that I was particularly moved by this but I liked it as background music. Nice voice. (Edit: It’s growing on me!) (Edit: the only one that grew again after listening for this final)
20) Nothing But Thieves- After a boring af beginning, it started bopping at the chorus. So I like this and it actually has a good melody.
21) Zivert- The chorus was okay. Otherwise it was just… stuff. Didn’t really vibe at all.
22) Ava Max- THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE TORN. DOES NO ONE ELSE THINK SO? Otherwise yeah it’s really good by itself but this literally sounds JUST LIKE Torn.
23) VINCINT- The voice was an initial turn off, but then the intro to this song was so intriguing. The chorus kind of a let down, not where I wanted it to go. I like the verses in general, they have a cool spacey vibe.
24) Julianna Karaulova- It’s catchy and upbeat, so that’s fun.
1512 days 7 hours ago
Saftronbtr999
01) Liis Lemsalu - 'Kehakeel' - i think this is kind of cute like ok whatever
02) Paula - 'wanted u TO SHUT THE FUCK UP' - not a fan of this at all, really kind of meh
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - 'Wildflower' - issa bop tbh, we stan! i like the chorus a lot and the verses aint bad at all so yeah pretty solid
04) Luana Kiara - 'Reminder' - when i first heard this i thought it was pretty good but on a relisten its kind of meh honestly
05) Hannah Trigwell - 'Taboo' - im gonna take a break because clearly im not in the mood to listen to songs i dont like
edit: im back
06) Rachel Lorin - 'Crazy House' - yeah no theres just something about her voice and the instrumental that dont go well together for me personally like idk i would never listen to this again tbh
07) Melanie C - 'Who I Am' - same comment from 6 applies to this, like idk it just doesnt really blend well for me personally and tbh this is just kind of whatever
08) UPSAHL - '12345SEX' - cool, good for you. i don't like this.
09) Dua Lipa - 'Hallucinate' - first time listening to this! this is cute tbh but i actually dont think ill be listening to it again lol o
10) The Score - 'Glory' - this is like one of those songs they'll play during an elim in the challenge, thats not an insult tho. i like the challenge.
11) SVRCINA - 'Flowers' - this sounds like a winner, but not my winner. the verses i like but the chorus just does not resonate with me w/ me at all
12) Shab - 'Spell On Me' - ok a bit of a slay, mom
13) Chaz Cardigan - 'Not OK!' - this is such a mess of a song honestly, but i do like the chorus kind of i cant lie
14) Lina Kuduzovic - 'man like u' - idk how to feel about this, but i think i dont like it
15) LOONA - 'Love Cherry Motion' - beat a bitch up, yup
16) Bow Anderson - 'Sweater' - the fuck? no i don't like this at all
17) FLETCHER - 'Forever' - this honestly kind of grew on me, i didnt care for this in semi. i will say tho the chorus honestly could be a lot better like idk
18) Ben Platt - 'Rain' - wow i like this a lot honestly, we stan
19) ABIR - 'Young & Rude' - i dont like the chorus for this at all, not for me
20) Nothing But Thieves - 'Is Everybody Going Crazy?' - no, literally nobody is going crazy ma this is garbage
21) Zivert - 'Beverly Hills' - ok honestly im bopping wow
22) Ava Max - 'Kings & Queens' - i dont like her and this song for some reason, fuck you
23) VINCINT - 'Someday' - for some reason i didnt think i would like this but like wow? this is honestly VERY good
24) Julianna Karaulova - 'Wild Puma (ДИКАЯ ПУМА)' - a slay tbh.. love this
1512 days 7 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Liis Lemsalu        this is like a very motr song that will mid-high table in english. i expect the same
02) Paula        well this song is very chill vibes, but also meh
03) 5 Seconds of Summer        this will do well with others, but not with me
04) Luana Kiara        at least this had something different
05) Hannah Trigwell        to quote ian "is this johnny again?" if it is... stop trying to make hannah trigwell happen, if not... still stop
06) Rachel Lorin        oh i was expecting trash bop! but this was just a meh bop
07) Melanie C        i've been stanning since i was like 6
08) UPSAHL        oh this ... is not terrible... and like... i'm still vibing a bit
09) Dua Lipa        it's good. it's definitely a very tame bop
10) The Score        so this is the male song that will do well
11) SVRCINA        why am i in the semi boring semi
12) Shab        this is almost the trash bop i need. like it's almost there
13) Chaz Cardigan        okay why wasn't bibbles in the semi that these qualified from because she would've had a chance.
14) Lina Kuduzovic        today. this is inoffensively boring ballad
15) LOONA        omg stan loona... or something like that... i mean it's bubble gum kpop... not my kpop but still not motr
16) Bow Anderson        motr for me... like it's there and okay
17) FLETCHER        this is like the other motr, but actually decent/good
18) Ben Platt        I was a stan of him when he was in pitch perfect, but now i'm like.... they are trying to hard to make him a thing
19) ABIR        this needed a beat drop... and not just to mellow into it
20) Nothing But Thieves        this should be the one of these that qualify from the semi... and it did
21) Zivert        not their best, but still a summer vibe... if it was summer
22) Ava Max        so this will probably do well. i'm fine with it
23) VINCINT        i hope this does well
24) Julianna Karaulova        oh so the good ones are at the end... got it
1512 days 6 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. Liis Lemsalu - Love the language! Estonian is always welcome.

2. Paula - Even though I love it, I was surprised to see this qualify and I can tell it’s gonna do way worse than it should with this crowd. Giving this the deathslot was still a CRIME though.

3. 5SOS - It’s okay I guess? There’s just not much here

4. Luana Kiara - I was really hoping for more from the chorus, but it really fell flat.

5. Hannah Trigwell - Was iffy about in the semi, and now I’m realizing that I really don’t like this one.

6. Rachel Lorin - Iconic! The vocal is there, the production is there. It’s all so right.

7. Melanie C - Eh.

8. UPSAHL - This is just way too blatant. It’s not clever or cute, it’s just stupid.

9. Dua Lipa - Ew. Nope. Shouldn’t have qualified.

10. The Score - I’ve never enjoyed more rock-y songs, but thanks to the gospel feel I get from this one, it’s an exception to the rule.

11. SVRCINA - Another one I’m really surprised by. I wasn’t expecting to like this but something about that chorus just does it for me.

12. Shab - This is like “Cleopatra” but it’s the dollar store brand.

13. Chaz Cardigan - The instrumental and the lyrics just don’t work together. Too upbeat.

14. Lina Kuduzovic - What a queen. I personally prefer “Prva ljubezen” but this is still quality.

15. LOONA - These girls are the reason I thought I hated KPOP before I started doing TSC. Their voices don’t work together, and the sickly-sweet instrumental is just too much.

16. Bow Anderson - This feels like a newer Birdy song with different subject matter, and I’m really loving it.

17. FLETCHER - It’s just kind of… there.

18. Ben Platt - Flawless. His vocals are astounding and I really like the overall production.

19. ABIR - I love the kind of soul vibes I get from the pre-chorus, but that’s about as far as my praises go. It’s still a good song, just not great.

20. Nothing But Thieves - Oh goodie. Rock.

21. Zivert - A great little piece of Europop.

22. Ava Max - Next!

23. VINCINT - Iconic. Love the whole package.

24. Julianna Karaulova - One of the first closers to a contest I’ve felt anything other than disappointment with.
1512 days 6 hours ago
Dusty12910
DANIEL'S COMMENTS

01) Liis Lemsalu - Cute. Nothing too original but it’s upbeat and fun.
02) Paula - I can see why there is hate for this song. It’s just not that good. Very Billie without the edge
03) 5 Seconds of Summer - I don’t know where they came from but they have released bop after bop lately.
04) Luana Kiara -Not too bad. Her voice is very “Jessie J Bebe Rexha”. That's not a good thing.
05) Hannah Trigwell - Not one of her best but this contest isn’t that good so far.
06) Rachel Lorin - it’s certainly something… sorta here/there.
07) Melanie C - Mel C is an icon and I really like this song.
08) UPSAHL - I expected better but this just isn’t hitting where I want it to hit.
09) Dua Lipa - Honestly now listening to the album a few times, this is just a medicore choice. Levitating/Cool/Love Again/Break Your Heart would have won.
10) The Score - I HATE HATE HATE! ROCK MUSIC!
11) SVRCINA - its a cute girl… cute next to some gorgeous
12) Shab - ok now here we go. This is a ethnic BOP
13) Chaz Cardigan - I think we should really ban men from competing if they keep putting songs out like this
14) Lina Kuduzovic - this qualifying but ARONCHUPA not qualifying is just ridiculous
15) LOONA - well this surely will do well but I am not HAPPY that this LOONA song will do good compared to other LOONA songs that havent
16) Bow Anderson - great vocal but I wish it was used on a better instrumental and not some meghan trainor lazy production
17) FLETCHER - good song, nothing special but does the job and she continues to stun
18) Ben Platt - its so basic and white male that like… its fine
19) ABIR - beautiful girl but the song is nothing and the chorus is HORRIBLE.
20) Nothing But Thieves - I forgot the song was on when I was listening
21) Zivert - very cute, she is beautiful and I think the song is good.
22) Ava Max - one of Ava’s best releases. Very impressed even if the bridge sucks ass
23) VINCINT - I liked it. Good song and upbeat.
24) Julianna Karaulova - a bop but its missing something.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!