This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 384 Final

Topic » TSC 384 Final

1518 days 2 hours ago
hellocat
1) Britney Spears This was an amazing way to start off the competition, I've never heard this Britney Spears song before but I really so enjoy it.

2) Avril Lavigne At first, it caught my attention and I was quite interested but then she opened her voice šŸ˜‚. Not one of Avril's best.

3) Kellie Pickler  This is awesome, easily the quickest 3 minutes of my life.

4) Nicki Minaj This just became really annoying and throughout I must admit it did get better but it wasn't for me sadly.

5) Fountains Of Wayne This was interesting, I don't really know what I feel about this, I think because this contest is meant to be very "strong" it may get lost.

6) Donna Summer Donna the absolute legend. Easily a song that I enjoy, one of my favourite songs of all time

7) Carrie Underwood This was smart from whoever sent this. This was such a sweet song and Carrie slayed, definitely in my opinion a contender

8) Ray Lamontagne Now, we have two Jolene's in this competition maybe more I haven't checked but this is definitely the worst Jolene, sweet though.

9) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo Eh I didn't feel much for this. Sort of a middle of the road song, yeah I don't like this

10) Kristina Karo This is why I love this contest

11) Dolly Parton After that last song I needed this Legendary BOP! I would like to thank the user who sent this cause this was an amazing 2:43 of my life

12) Goo Goo Dolls Ugh Nostalgia is Amazing. Absolutely love this song!

13) Cattle & Cane I appreciate that it's different, I just didn't enjoy it.... Like really did not enjoy it.

14) Toto Toto is iconic, however for me this song did Not do anything at all. I much prefer Africa to this but I know Africa isn't Really a name.

15) Christine and the Queens Another average song, yeah I won't be listening to this again for a long time
1518 days 1 hour ago
hellocat
16) Twenty One Pilots What happened to them, this is like Before and After gone wrong šŸ˜£.

17) The Madden Brothers It's sweet however I think this week this may get lost amongst the crowd.

18) Kaiser Chiefs Omg this song is amazing, I remember on the X Factor Wii game singing this song, it's so fun

19) Lady Gaga Released the day I was born, such a fun song and it's so iconic.

20) MIKA is this the Nostalgia Song Contest, I'm going find it so tough to decide who I'm gonna give Points

21) Alvvays After like 5 good songs I expected it to end, did not enjoy this one bit.

23) La Pegatina This put a smile on my face, its so bubbly and fun, do not expect to be giving it points however

24) Abba Ugh how can you beat an Abba song, love Fernando and honestly I can't think of any abba song I actually dislike

25) Kacey Musgraves You know I did not expect to see Kacey Musgraves in this competition but I'm not complaining

26) Scissor Sisters Now I normally don't like the Scissor Sisters but there's something about this that I actually liked, might be a guilty pleasure

27) Klava Koka This is one of the Artists I did not know beforehand but I actually really liked this, I don't think it's a winner but it's a class A song

28) Rasputin This was really upbeat and Honestly a breath of fresh air, I quite enjoyed it, don't think I would give it points however.

29) Jennifer Lopez This is such an iconic song, I love it still today.

30) Kim Carnes out of all the iconic songs this edition, I think I don't like this one šŸ˜¬ her vocals sadly annoyed me.

31) Dalida PARTY!! That's all I have to say really, PARTY!!

32) Danna Paola I don't know how I feel, I think I disliked it, but at the same time I really enjoyed it, ugh it's average šŸ˜‚.

33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj Nicki in two songs this week we Stan, I liked the Madonna part did not enjoy the Nicki Minaj part
1518 days 1 hour ago
Insanity
1. Britney Spears - ā€œok britneyā€ the quote heard round the 2019 TSC world. Does Britney even have many bad songs? This slays
2. Avril Lavigne - Love me some old school Avril every now and again, but this ainā€™t it.
3. Kellie Pickler - Regardless if this was sent seriously or ironically, it will have stiff competition. I canā€™t see myself remembering this track by the end of this contest.
4. Nicki Minaj - BYE I donā€™t know if Iā€™m prepared to endure this song for more than 15 seconds. Iā€™m glad someone had balls to submit this though.
5. Foundations of Wayne - Forgive me yā€™all... but I am stanning MEN this week! This is a cult classic and I still love it every time it comes on. Great choice for the theme!
6. Carrie Underwood - 1 like = 1 prayer. 1 share = AMEN. I bet 98% of you will just scroll past this.........
7. Ray LaMontagne - Theres really two songs this week named Jolene...... Wow. This bored me so much and just never ended.
8. Jax Jones - A much needed breath of fresh air. This beat is grooving, and Iā€™m always here for Tove Lo. Solid.
9. Kristina Karo - Where do I book my tickets?
10. Dolly Parton - I respect it for the iconic song it is, but like itā€™s not something I would ever go out of my way to listen.
11. The Goo Goo Dolls - Who allowed this song to be 5 minutes long? Straights rights.
12. Cattle & Cane - Itā€™s a shame that a Christian rock song because I do like this beat. Edgy pick for this week.
13. Toto - itā€™s not Africa and itā€™s over 5 minutes long on Spotify so I donā€™t care.
14. Christine and the Queens - Wanted to like this so bad cause Iā€™ve been stuck in a rut of bad songs but itā€™s just not going anywhere.
15. Twenty One Pilots - There are quite a few b side tracks this week huh. I can tolerate some of their radio songs, but Iā€™m not really into this.
16. Kaiser Chiefs - What in the world is going on? Kristina Karo is getting points at this rate.
17. Lady Gaga - Well itā€™s not Judas or G.U.Y. but Iā€™ll take it.
18. MIKA - What is this? How does a three minute song feel like it lasts forever?
19. Alvvays - Reminds me of Best Coast. Itā€™s a breath of fresh air, honestly. Thought it was cute.
20. Sam Fender - Yeah this completely passed me by
21. La Pegatina - Well thank God it was short.
22. ABBA - Not their best, but itā€™s cute and they are ABBA so why would you question legends.
23. Kasey Musgraves - I havenā€™t listened to much of her music, but if I wanted to be a fan, I donā€™t think one of her b sides is the best start. It was pleasant enough.
24. Scissor Sisters - Nothing I would go out of my way to listen to again.
25. Klava Koka - Iā€™m actually stanning this. Itā€™s a sexy lil bop. Thank God.
26. Boney M - This is a fav to win? Iā€™ve literally never heard of it and I do not like it on my first listen. I canā€™t believe Iā€™m gonna be edgy and not vote for it!
27. Jennifer Lopez - BOP ALERT. I donā€™t remember men on this track. I wish it was all Jenny.
28. Kim Carnes - This felt like it lasted an eternity.
29. Dalida - Where do yā€™all even find this shit?
30. Danna Paola - Somethings telling me I wouldā€™ve liked this contest more if charting and date rules were still in place LOL. Itā€™s acceptable and pleasant.
31. Madonna - I love this song so much ironically. What a shit show of a song. I canā€™t help but stan even though I know itā€™s not her best by a long shot LOL. Love that L.I.E. by EXID samples this masterpiece.

Songs I had to watch on YouTube

32. Donna Summer - Love it in the context of Manila vs. Delta. Outside of that I donā€™t really care for this song.
33. The Madden Brothers - When Jana said ā€œ17) The Madden Brothersā€ I felt that in my soul.
1518 days 1 hour ago
Dusty12910
01) Britney Spears - A song that got the conservatives banned (as well as it banned from the radio). An instant classic.
02) Avril Lavigne - So fucking terrible
03) Kellie Pickler - it's cute but it is definitely a throwaway song this week
04) Nicki Minaj - PERIOD. an absolute smasha
05) Fountains of Wayne - She's got it going on
06) Donna Summer - a cover and its not even a "name". still will get points because #slay
07) Carrie Underwood - Fun story, I remember listening to this song while my parents were driving and then I look out and a car got hit by a snowplow and the girl got ejected from her car. Jesus really took the wheel (she lived).
08) Ray Lamontagne - It's a cute girl but it surely won't win
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo - very fun and a clever entry
10) Kristina Karo - I am on the KARO TRAIN! #CHOOCHOO
11) Dolly Parton - Well yeah, this was def being submitted. One of the best country songs ever?
12) Goo Goo Dolls - In a pop dominated group I think this could stand out, but it surely has dated
13) Cattle & Cane - boring
14) Toto - so dated as well
15) Christine and the Queens - Queer icon slays a bit
16) Twenty One Pilots - gonna pass love
17) The Madden Brothers - I think we are in the bathroom break part of the song contest
18) Kaiser Chiefs - RUBYRUBYRUBYRUBY is ok.
19) Lady Gaga - Points off because it wasn't Judas, which would have been my instant 12. But this is still great.
20) Mika - I actually never liked this song for some reason
21) Alvays - I think i'd appreciate this more in a song contest that wasnt so gimmicky
23) La Pegatina - laughable but i appreciate a good laugh
24) Abba - was mamma mia ineligible
25) Kacey Musgraves - My least favorite track off of the spectacular album (it's still a great song)
26) Scissor Sisters - not my favorite
27) Klava Koka - surely this is fine
28) Boney M - this is a bop
29) Jennifer Lopez - I AM DEFINITELY NOT FOOLED BY THE ROCKS THAT SHE GOT
30) Kim Carnes - fine, not great
31) Dalida - excellence
32) Danna Paola - this would get nothing in a normal contest
33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj - ending with a major banger
1518 days 1 hour ago
ricktworick1
1. Britney Spears - Ok Britney, we know you can really slay sometimes, and this is the case where you really did THAT. Great opener.
2. Avril Lavigne - Was never a massive fan of this song, though I do slightly enjoy the instumentation to it. Other than that, this is just rather forgettable, with a very uninspiring chorus where Avril just yells for whatever reason.
3. Kellie Pickler - Reasonable entry, but I'm afraid it will get completely drowned out in the context of this themed contest.
4. Nicki Minaj - LMAO, what a trip of a song. Musically, it's complete garbage, but I do ironically enjoy it!
5. Fountains of Wayne - This is a classic, but it's not exactly the sort that I would come back to. Can't deny the nostalgic quality to it, but it will likely struggle to receive points from me.
6. Donna Summer - Isn't that a cover? It's a solid pick, but not sure if I wanna vote for it considering its score gonna get deducted anyway.
7. Carrie Underwood - She rarely ever disappoints, and although I feel like using "Jesus" as a name is a bit of a reach for this theme, I can't help but appreciate this country-pop realness. Good song.
8. Ray LaMontagne - Well, this was definitely not the superior "Jolene" of the contest.
9. Jax Jones, Tove Lo - Obviously not the best for either of them, but this does stand out for being a contemporary entry in the sea of oldies.
10. Kristina Karo - THE SEXY KRISTINA KARO TRAIN...I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES. This was quite an experience, that's for sure. Irony points are most likely coming.
11. Dolly Parton - An undeniable classic, and while it's not among my favourites, I can see why this will likely win tonight. Strong pick.
12. The Goo Goo Dolls - AND I DON'T WANT THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE ME...I feel like this is an underdog pick to win. What an anthemic song.
13. Cattle & Cane - Does not really evoke any emotions in me whatsoever. Not a good sign.
14. Toto - Nowhere near as good as "Hold The Line" or "Africa." Pretty bleh compared to the rest of the songs so far.
15. Christine and the Queens - I am usually used to listening to the English version of this song, but I do admit there is something quite magical about the original language take. Needless to say, I quite like this song, a chill yet interesting tune.
16. Twenty One Pilots - I enjoy like 3 songs by them, and this is unfortunately not one of them. I find it rather pretentious actually.
17. The Madden Brothers - Very middle-of-the-road, a rather unmemorable entry. Will struggle.
18. Kaiser Chiefs - Another classic song, and similarily to The Goo Goo Dolls, it comes from a genre that I do not usually enjoy that much, but it's done so well so I can't help but really like it. Ruby ruby ruby ruby ruby!
19. Lady GaGa - Patrick really somehow convinced someone to enter this subpar GaGa song. It's not bad by any means, but there was a much better pick, namely "Judas."
20. MIKA - I completely forgot about this when I was looking for songs for this theme. What a great, anthemic song.
21. Alvvays - This song screams PoohSnap. For some reason...I really liked this? If I were Archie, I'd say "No" to the marriage question, but I'd definitely take this song.
22. Sam Fender - By comparison, Sam Fender unfortunately go for the more generic sound in that genre which doesn't really do the job, though there are some really guitar riffs here and there.
23. La Pegatina - Nah, I'm good.
24. ABBA - Got to be one of the least impactful ABBA songs that have appeared in TSC so far, but it's still ABBA so I can't complain. Good pick.
25. Kacey Musgraves - She's got some really good songs under her belt, but this is not one of them. It's alright, but it's not impactful enough to make a mark tonight.
26. Scissor Sisters - OH, it's this song! Instantly recognisable from the very first note, good job to whoever entered this.
27. Klava Koka - Utterly forgettable in the verses, becomes slightly more with the chorus which is just an uninspiring drop that sounds like it was written in 3 seconds. Not a fan.
28. Boney M. - Well, what else is there to say. Just an anthemic classic tune.
29. Jennifer Lopez - I was never into this song...JLo is this kind of an artist whose music just rode on trends and usually had no kind of any identity to it. This unfortunately falls under that category, a soulless hip-hop inspired tune with not much going for it. At least her dance bops were undeniable anthems.
30. Kim Carnes - Apparently, this was the biggest song in the USA in 1981. The 80s were a great era for music, but I can see it took a few attempts and years for the actual quality to take over. Additionally, this song is a cover of a 1974 song by Jackie DeShannon, therefore it should be penalised.
31. Dalida - It's in the same vein as Boney M, but not as impactful. Pretty good all-around, but I feel like it might struggle tonight.
32. Danna Paola - Just that generic trash sound that everybody's doing, with a non-chorus and a laughable hook. Ugh.
33. Madonna - This is quite laughable quality wise, but for some reason I quite enjoy this mess of a song LMAO. Iconic closer.
1518 days ago
Saftronbtr999
01) Britney Spears - 'If U Seek Amy' - ok britney. literally such a bop, i love this song soo much ā™”
02) Avril Lavigne - 'Alice (Underground)' - a huge tb, bop
03) Kellie Pickler - 'Bonnie & Clyde' - i don't like this
04) Nicki Minaj - 'Roman Holiday' - ROFLMAO
05) Fountains of Wayne - 'Stacy's Mom' - this makes me feel uncomfortable
06) Donna Summer - 'MacArthur Park' - ok bop but this is a huge stretch of a submission imo
07) Carrie Underwood - 'Jesus Take The Wheel' -
08) Ray Lamontagne - 'Jolene' - bro this is literally so boring
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo - 'Jacques' - let's be honest this isn't good
10) Kristina Karo - 'KARO TRAIN' - this is kind of it honestly
11) Dolly Parton - 'Jolene' - this is obviously a pretty good song so like yay
12) Goo Goo Dolls - 'Iris' - i LOVE this song, like growing up this was such a bop to me, whoever submitted this ily
13) Cattle & Cane - 'I Wish I Knew Jesus (Like You Do)' - idl it
14) Toto - 'Rosanna' - honestly? i like this, its cute
15) Christine and the Queens - 'Christine' - ok this is kind of boring but i still think its kind of good like idk, mixed feelings
16) Twenty One Pilots - 'Nico and the Niners' - i LOVE twenty one pilots! i've been to like 2 of their concerts, this song is far from one of my favorites but i still like it
17) The Madden Brothers - 'Dear Jane' - this is decent!
18) Kaiser Chiefs - 'Ruby' - this isn't for me
19) Lady Gaga - 'Alejandro' - ok there were obviously better choices, like whoever submitted this not picking judas is literally so ?? but whatever. doesn't change the fact that i love this song actually! literally such a bop
20) Mika - 'Grace Kelly' - YES!!! bop, loved this sm when i was younger
21) Alvays - 'Archie, Marry Me' - i don't really like her voice at all; if this was sung by someone different i could really see myself liking this A LOT
23) La Pegatina - 'Maricarmen' - BOP
24) Abba - 'Fernando' - this is cute, i like this
25) Kacey Musgraves - 'Velvet Elvis' - YEEHAW, this is a good song
26) Scissor Sisters - 'Laura' - girl no
27) Klava Koka - 'Zaya' - i dont like the um, sound
28) Boney M - 'Rasputin' - i remember bopping to this when i was young on just dance it was always such a fun song to dance to
29) Jennifer Lopez - 'Jenny From The Block' - girl shut the fuck up
30) Kim Carnes - 'Betty Davis Eyes' - i don't like how shes doing that
31) Dalida - 'Gigi in Paradisco' - mom, this is a bop
Survivor Naruhata - Edge of Extinction
32) Danna Paola - 'Oye Pablo' - cute song i guess
33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj - 'Bitch I'm Madonna' - honestly.. bop
1517 days 23 hours ago
iAyeEye
1) For the love of God, if you seek off.

2) I saw Avril Lavigne, and I was pretty excited, cos I used to listen to her first 2 albums a lot, but just hadn't really come across her since. However this is fucking awful. I'm seeing why I haven't heard her since...

3) This isn't really my bag, it's pretty generic modern country. I don't hate it though. Like, I'll tap my foot to it. It's the first one that I've noted down anyway.

4) You're colder... than a blister... Considering blistering is usually caused by friction, which produces heat, that's not really a surprise. Fucking hell...

5) Aww man, why didn't I think of this. This is truly one of the best pop rock songs ever written. Anyone who doesn't like this song is inherently wrong. It's one of the few songs I reckon my whole family would know the words to sing along with.

6) I swear someone said that some context was required for the names... I'm not quite sure what they meant now I've seen this. But it's a good song, albeit utterly bizarre.

7) I'm always going to struggle with songs with heavily religious, and unambiguous lyrics. Just makes me uncomfortable.

8) This is going to get panned by TSC listeners, but I love Ray LaMontagne's voice, and whilst this isn't his BEST song, it's still very good, so I suspect this will score highly from me.

9) I dislike this so immediately, and so intensely, that it's probably going to win this week, because that's what usually happens.

10) Good lord I hate you people sometimes.

11) Some songs are classics for a reason. It's a stunningly written song. Like, I don't know how it could be improved. It's not necessarily my kind of music, but it transcends tastes IMO.

12) For many years this was the most listened to song on my computer. It's a seemingly effortless, yet incredibly complex piece of songwriting. I dunno what's to come, but this will likely be very very high in my points.

13) See this is a level of Jesusy ambiguity that I can handle in. It's a decent song. A little monotonous, but decent.

14) I mean it's only their third best song, but it's decent. I'm amazed by the variety of entries this week. I might be able to have a top 10 of stuff I'd actually listen to by choice.

15) Yeah, this is definitely not for me, sorry.

16) I'm finally over this being on the only CD my old flatmate wanted to play for months, and am back to appreciating 21P again. This isn't their best song, again, but it's still a good one.

17) I didn't even know the Madden Brothers had broken away from Good Charlotte. This is OK, inoffensive enough, but it's pretty generic.

18) I have always had a bizarrely intense dislike of this song, and this was only magnified when I saw KC live and I thought they were pretty shit tbh. But yeah, I'm probably expected to like this, but I don't.

19) Honey you're a homo, honey you're a homo... no, just me? I never minded this song, but I'm not crazy on it.

20) I could taste just like grape jelly... no, just me? I never minded this song, but I'm not crazy on it.

21) This is one of my bestie's favourite songs, but I didn't think I liked it... however I'm giving it a relisten and actually it's pretty good, so I dunno if I was in a bad mood before or in a good mood now.

23) I always wonder if people actually like these songs or if they just feel themed weeks are a good chance to troll.

24) I will never cease to think that the majority of Abba songs are overrated...

25) Not for me, Clive.

26) I loved this album when it first came out. The right balance of fun, camp, but actual musical talent.

27) Good lord, how camp are those dancers? And the song's fucking dogshit as well.

28) I have never understood how this song ended up being created. It's just SO bizarre. Fucking catchy though.

29) The... catchline if you want, is fucking catchy. Just the got/block, bit. But the rest of the chorus is awful, and the verses entirely uninspiring. But I'll still probably be humming 2 lines hours later. Which is fucking annoying.

30) I considered sending this, cos I didn't know it was a cover, and I'm glad I didn't. Still a damn good song, but not gonna score it cos it's not in the rules.

31) Her smile reminds me that I need to go to the postbox. Awful.

32) Tried to give it a chance, and the vague principle of the video was interesting, but musically it wasn't for me, and then got worse when she went up to her higher register where any higher, only Clangers would be able to hear her.

33) Because one thing featuring Nicki Minaj wasn't dire enough.
1517 days 22 hours ago
Eoin
Who's Who       
adeleadele - Kellie Pickler       
AlanDuncan - Lady Gaga       
alexeh23 - Nicki Minaj       
alexito - Cattle & Cane       
Aquamarine - Abba       
bibbles - Twenty One Pilots       
catch_a_falling_star - Kaiser Chiefs       
CharlieBibi - Dalida       
DanielKennedy111 - Fountains of Wayne       
Darbe - Christine and the Queens       
Eoin - Goo Goo Dolls       
Fritzyyyyy - Mika       
hellocat - The Madden Brothers       
hellomynameis347 - Ray Lamontagne       
ianfitz0012 - Madonna ft Nicki Minaj       
iAyeEye - Scissor Sisters       
insanity - Jax Jones ft Tove Lo       
jojo7784 - Kacey Musgraves       
LornaHollas - Dolly Parton       
MISSimogen - Sam Fender       
natepresnell - La Pegatina       
onemanarmy - Klava Koka       
Patrick319 - Boney M       
PennyTrationStan - Kim Carnes       
PoohSnap - Alvays       
PrincessTeePee - Toto       
queenm1chelle - Kristina Karo       
ricktworick1 - Britney Spears       
Saftronbtr999 - Avril Lavigne       
Talian - Jennifer Lopez       
TheGoodMan - Carrie Underwood       
TolisKalkas - Donna Summer       
Varlto - Danna Paola       

Any SHOCKS or SURPRISES? XD
1517 days 22 hours ago
DanielKennedy111
Iā€™m shocked some people still participate knowing theyā€™re not making the top 20
1517 days 22 hours ago
hellocat
Very shocked with Patrick
1517 days 22 hours ago
hellocat
Oh wait no, I should've

I commented two times that j probs wouldn't give points
1517 days 22 hours ago
Eoin
Okay let's get this roast a cooking.

PennyTrationStan (Kim Carnes) and TolisKalkas (Donna Summer) both will get their two highest scores deducted as they are covers.

NatePressnell (La Pegatina) failed to vote so will get their three highest scores deducted.
1517 days 22 hours ago
varlto
natepresnell won't save danna ;(
1517 days 22 hours ago
Eoin
Eoin        Goo Goo Dolls

01        Kacey Musgraves
02        Jax Jones ft Tove Lo
03        Dolly Parton
04        Christine and the Queens
05        Donna Summer
06        Nicki Minaj
07        Lady Gaga
08        Madonna ft Nicki Minaj
10        Britney Spears

and 12 points go toā€¦       

Mika!!!
1517 days 22 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
mess but ok
https://68.media.tumblr.com/aa20d3a448c9f2b5467d023600706afd/tumblr_or1knltgH31vg846zo1_400.gif

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!