This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 384 Final

Topic » TSC 384 Final

1492 days 10 hours ago
varlto
1) Britney Spears: I've never really got the hype for Britney. Yeah, this song is not bad, but not something incredibly good, you know
2) Avril Lavigne: However, I really like Avril<3 Her voice is really beautiful and this song is really really good. Loved it!
3) Kellie Pickler: I really enjoyed this one too! There's something about her voice I really enjoy and the song overall is pretty good.
4) Nicki Minaj: Take your medication, Nicki.
5) Fountains of Wayne: I really like his voice and the song! Just delete that weird videoclip lmao...
6) Donna Summer: This is just not for me.
7) Carrie Underwood: I expected more from this somehow, but it didn't fulfill my expectations.
8) Ray Lamontagne: His voice is really beautiful, and even though the song was kind of boring at times I still liked it.
9) Jax Jones, Tove Lo: This was just bad lol like for real what was this
10) Kristina Karo: I thought it was impossible for a song to be worse than Nicki Minaj's... silly me
11) Dolly Parton: I did like this but once again nothing too impressive
12) Goo Goo Dolls: This is all I ask for in a song. It was incredible
13) Cattle & Cane: I did kind of enjoy this so I can't really complain but once again it was boring at times
14) Toto: Nop, didn't like this
15) Christine and the Queens: I did really enjoy this and it being in french just made it better! Grats!
16) Twenty One Pilots: I've always enjoyed TOP and this is why. It's so good!
17) The Madden Brothers: Boring and I feel like I've heard this song in this contest like 3 times already lol
18) Kaiser Chiefs: Ruby ruby ruby rubyyy! This was ok
19) Lady Gaga: I think we all know this song and we all like it. Originality? 0. Quality? 10
20) Mika: And this song is also really good! Not very original neither but whatever!
21) Alvvays: God this one annoyed me for some reason
22) Sam Fenders: Never been a fan of Sam Fenders and this song didn't change my mind
23) La Pegatina: LMAO I CAN'T this is getting points from me.
24) Abba: Meh, boring
25) Kacey Musgraves: This was cute:)
26) Scissor Sisters: I found his voice to be kind of annoying and the song wasn't so good either
27) Klava Koka: This one also bored me. Also the parts where she "speaks" god that was annoying
28) Boney M: what did i just listen to
29) Jennifer Lopez: JLo has better songs, way better songs.
30) Kim Carnes: Her voice is not good in my opinion and the song is just the same over and over again
31) Dalida: Quality lacks in this song
32) Danna Paola: A literal queen like god she's so good she's so good, no está aquí por bonita!
33) Madonna, Nicki Minaj: I enjoyed this more than I should. This is getting points from me but it shouldn't ahsiajdj
1492 days 10 hours ago
CharlieBibi
SEND YOUR FUCKING VOTES TO EOIN HE'S THE ONE HOSTING!!!!!
1492 days 8 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Calm down hahaha
1492 days 6 hours ago
Alexito
01) Britney Spears: When Britney used to make good songs... However this is one of her songs that I don't like. It doesn't have a proper personality, it's just a matter of taste.
02) Avril Lavigne: Another famous singer with a random song! I didn't enjoy it at all, too screamy, nothing good around.
03) Kellie Pickler: A nice country song, doesn't bother but I don't know if would be back to it after listening to all the songs.
04) Nicki Minaj: Is this for real? Nicki Minaj having a song like this one which seems like a troll entry... I couldn't bare it for more than 1 minute.
05) Fountains of Wayne: LOL at the video. I don't think that videos like that would be made nowadays. Song is ok, too old-school maybe, but I liked it.
06) Donna Summer: Didn't know this song but she's such a diva and every song from her is gold, it's a bit messy sometimes tho. Love 70s music and their style.
07) Carrie Underwood: I found it chessy sometimes but not in a bad way, it was good, nothing to stand out but it's ok.
08) Ray Lamontagne: So intimate and delicate, however it could be also a little bit linear, but it wouldn't be a problem for me.
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo: Honestly, I expected so much more from both of them. I enjoyed some parts but this sounds like a puzzle with so many different elements that don't fit quite well.
10) Kristina Karo: I'm not gonna comment, cause I don't really like weird stuff like that. +
11) Dolly Parton: Kill me but I think I knew about this song because of The Common Linnets cover. I really love this song, however her voice is slightly high and it takes me out of context.
12) Goo Goo Dolls: Is this week a name themed week or a 00s themed week? I'm not complaining but it seems that only songs from 80-90-00s have names in their song titles. Love the genre and the song was more than alright.
13) Cattle & Cane: Really catchy, love the melody and it gets stuck in my head.
14) Toto: I'm laughing cause Toto in Spanish mean "Pussy" so this would be something like Rosanna's pussy and Rosanna is a famous singer in Spain too. This song was a mix of other songs from them with Queen's elements. Didn't like so much and it was too damn long.
15) Christine and the Queens: Sorry but I really hate this songs since long ago. It really gets on my nerves.
16) Twenty One Pilots: Too creepy imo, there was nothing appealing to me in the whole song.
17) The Madden Brothers: I don't know what to think, it's not bad but I can't say anything much better about it.
18) Kaiser Chiefs: Oh yes!! I used to love this song!! Thank you for entering it!
19) Lady Gaga: What the...!! How didn't I think about this song??? People keeps singing this song to me after so many years. Of course I love it although I hate it sometimes for obvious reasons with my name.
20) Mika: This is one of those songs you hate with no apparent reasons. Well, I'm not gonna lie when I say that I enjoyed sometimes, but it's still in my black list.
21) Alvays: The first minute was a completely NO from me, but then it caught all my attention and I think it's a bop.
22) Sam Fender: Love him, he's such a good artist and his voice is amazing. The music in this track is also so interesting and good.
23) La Pegatina: OMG I didn't expect this at all to participate in TSC, like never! I LOVE THEM! It's like the best song to go out and party in Spain.
24) Abba: Who doesn't like Abba's music? It's a nice song, but I don't know if it will get some points from me cause I have the feeling it needs something else.
25) Kacey Musgraves: Nice tune that will easily get low points from many people.
26) Scissor Sisters: Why does his voice have that ugly effect? It takes you out of the song. The melody is also really annoying. Definately SS have much better songs.
27) Klava Koka: First 10 songs are like 100 points in Eurovision. I already listened to this in another contest and I didn't pay so much attention to it and I regret it, cause it's really good.
28) Boney M: LOL the first seconds I thought it was going to be a troll song but it turned out to be a old bop! RA RA RASPUTIN!
29) Jennifer Lopez: Mmm I appreciate this song cause it's an old bop but I can't stand the music or melody.
30) Kim Carnes: Maybe I should stan her but my personal taste doesn't allow me to enjoy her voice. However the song it's quite nice and the melody so pleasant.
31) Dalida: Ok, another disco song, not bad but not for me.
32) Danna Paola: I was expecting something more banger, cause there aren't so many recent or actual songs, just 70s or 80s songs. Really random and forgettable.
33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj: Videoclip is terrible, Madonna acting like she was 20 yo. Ok, now back to the song, it's also terrible. I can't say anything good about.
1492 days ago
Darbe
1.        Britney Spears – A certified bop. One of my favourite Britney tracks – the wordplay is iconic, and it’s done over a really catchy tune. Perfect choice for the theme.
2.        Avril Lavigne – I would’ve preferred Hello Kitty to have been entered because it would’ve got chaos points from me. As for Alice, I think it has potential with the magical elements, but sometimes it’s a bit shouty and melodically disjointed. It’s okay but far from Avril’s best.
3.        Kellie Pickler – Yeah, this was a pleasant enough country track
4.        Nicki Minaj – TAKE YOUR MEDICATION ROMAN, TAKE A SHORT VACATION ROMAN! I was fully expecting Marilyn Monroe to be the submission for Nicki, but this track absolutely works here for messy purposes. This is so fucking annoying yet iconic. 
5.        Fountains of Wayne – Obviously a classic. The concept is weirdly hot, and this track goes perfectly with the genre.
6.        Donna Summer – This gave me a throwback to Rowetta’s version on XF and 6-year-old darbe thinking these were the most random lyrics EVER, not understanding the metaphor. And manila obviously.
7.        Carrie Underwood – I’m still dead at Jesus being accepted as a name but not God. This track works as a good meme.
8.        Ray LaMontagne – Jolene is a more common name than I thought. I liked his folky voice.
9.        Jax Jones – I think Tove suits this type of music so well, and I enjoy the beat, but the song itself is a bit average. I’d enjoy this in a club for sure though.
10.        Kristina Karo – I enjoyed the OTT Russian accent. Song itself was pretty cheap, but not disastrous enough to be iconic.
11.        Dolly Parton – This song holds sentimental value in my family so thx whoever submitted it for making me sad
12.        Goo Goo Dolls – I gave their last submission 12 points actually. Iris has a nostalgic anthemic melody, and I can definitely see its emotional appeal, even though for me it borders on cliché at times. I expect it’ll do well this week.
13.        Cattle & Cane – I thought this would be much worse based on the title. The guy’s parts were good to vibe to. Not as keen on the chorus
14.        Toto – Heard this track for the first time a few months back. I know this track is apparently a super popular classic but it’s not too memorable to me. I mean, its catchy but it is essentially the same line repeated for 5 minutes so ofc. Fine track.
15.        Christine & The Queens – I’ve always thought there’s something incredibly cool & groovy abt this track. I feel the emotion in the song even though I don’t understand a word she’s saying.
16.        Twenty-One Pilots – This is one of the weaker tracks on Trench to me (a great album) but I’ll take what I can get and I’m glad to see TOP in TSC
17.        The Madden Brothers – Unfortunately this track had very little impact on me
18.        Kaiser Chiefs – THE FIRST ACT FROM LEEDS SINCE HANNAH TRIGWELL! This track is obviously in my taste range. Very anthemic and very british! 
19.        Lady Gaga – To address the elephant, I think Judas would’ve been a much stronger pick to do well cus it’s much more high-impact/TSC friendly and would’ve racked up quite a few 12s. That aside, I think Alejandro is a well-produced track. I think the verses/pre-chorus are much stronger than the chorus, but it’s solid. I’ll try not to let my bitterness against Judas not being entered affect my score.
20.        MIKA – Life in Cartoon Motion really is a bunch of fun guilty pleasures. I was convinced when I was young that he said, ‘So I’ll try a little Fanny’ in the pre-chorus.
21.        Alvvays – TSC seems to hate dream-pop so I expect this will do hideously but I’m a fan of this one. It’s not too accessible, but there’s something very honest about it to me.
22.        La Pegatina – This has natepresnell written all over it. Very spanish and jolly.
23.        Sam Fender – This was super high-quality. His vocal is great as always, and the message for this one is pretty cool. Got that british indie rock sound to it that I love also.
24.        ABBA – There was no way ABBA wasn’t gna be submitted this week, it was just a matter of which song. Wouldn’t say Fernando is one of my faves by them, but all their hits are classics so.. bop!
25.        Kacey Musgraves – Honestly, this was quality. She makes country music sound really cool and modern, I’m gna have to check out more of her stuff. This was a breath of fresh air honestly.
26.        Scissor Sisters – Loved this track for years and it only gets better with every listen. The production SLAYS and the track really is a journey full of vibrancy. It builds so well and is so camp, I love it.
27.        Klava Koka – A cheap gay Russian bop. I’m not complaining.
28.        Boney M – A few weeks ago a guy asked me what my favourite track of all time was. I told him RAH RAH RASPUTIN. I stand by my decision.
29.        Jennifer Lopez – A few vocal weaknesses in the verses, but the chorus of JOTB is really smooth and has a good message.
30.        Kim Carnes – For me, this is one of the most iconic songs of the 80s. While I do think this song has reached its peak within the first minute, it is complete pop euphoria. It’s one of the most elegantly sexy songs I think I’ve heard (with Style by TS being the modern day equivalent).
31.        Dalida – This doesn’t pack as much punch as most other disco tracks, which is especially problematic when it was less than 10 minutes ago that RAH RAH RASPUTIN was playing.
32.        Danna Paola – 20 seconds into this track I had a prediction it would go absolutely nowhere and unfortunately; I was proven right.
33.        Madonna – We could’ve been given the banger Isaac, but instead we were given this? I guess it’s kinda funny because it’s so abysmall, but at the same time it’s genuinely sad to see such a decline in quality from the woman who gave us Like a Prayer. This really is one of the cheapest pop efforts in recent memory.
1491 days 21 hours ago
AlanDuncan
SF1

01) ok britney
02) Avril Lavigne - A decent attempt Melissa, very screamy (not Dreamcatcher). Irritating.
03) Kellie Pickler - This was pleasant. A little country rock. Nothing stand out.
04) Nicki Minaj - The Sylvia Night of TSC384. I love this.
05) Fountains of Wayne - It's BASIC. The video was bad and that matters. I love this though.
06) Donna Summer - This song is confusing. Is it a joke? I'm kinda bored of Manila's lipsyncing. It's a classic though.
07) Carrie Underwood - Very Kelly Clarkson but make it religious.
08) Ray Lamontagne - This went...nowhere.
1490 days 13 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Britney Spears - this is good but LUCKY (which I tried submitting) would've gotten my 12 or 10 guaranteed. Waste
02) Avril Lavigne - this is annoying and noisy
03) Kellie Pickler - I love my OG naughty little minx, wish this slapped harder though
04) Nicki Minaj - should've been Marilyn Monroe but I do appreciate this hot mess
05) Fountains of Wayne - truly an iconic song
06) Donna Summer - how was this eligible??? I wouldn't have allowed this on the name rule alone but the fact that it's a cover too? ok Manila.
07) Carrie Underwood - mommy… I wanted a song that slaps and I didn't get that though… Jesus needs to DRAG the wheel next time
08) Ray Lamontagne - he's got a beautiful voice which helps but eh a slow song this week isn't what I needed
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo - LOL this has no chance but I appreciate that it was entered
10) Kristina Karo - LMAO???
11) Dolly Parton - the fact that this was the most hyped song of the week is probably due to the fact that it's just an obvious song with a name we all know. I never loved this
12) Goo Goo Dolls - what a fucking slapppppppp I love this in 2000s movies
13) Cattle & Cane - this was surprisingly good but I feel bad it's in a week with strong songs (assuming most of them are in the second half of this contest lol)
14) Toto - surprisingly good, sorry that I haven't heard it before
15) Christine and the Queens - no thanks
16) Twenty One Pilots - see above
17) The Madden Brothers - who knew they were capable of making decent music? It was pleasant
18) Kaiser Chiefs - see 16
19) Lady Gaga - obviously slays
20) Mika - this was a good choice for an entry as it's great
21) Alvays - not for me sorry
23) La Pegatina - this is hilarious but I wish that she sang in it… but either way it was a fun break from the other kind of music
24) Abba - not my favorite ABBA song but they're so iconic I can't not stan this
25) Kacey Musgraves - it's cute but I'll take a song with an interesting chorus next time
26) Scissor Sisters - a little too GarageBand for me sorry
27) Klava Koka - this is like kind of a bop… but not enough
28) Boney M - I could see myself liking this after a bunch of listens but this "obvious contender" is not enough for me RN sorry
29) Jennifer Lopez - queen… one of the first songs I bought on itunes
30) Kim Carnes - not feeling it sorry it could be a bit louder
31) Dalida - maybe this will be the troll entry I support this contest. It's honestly funny and kind of a serve
32) Danna Paola - kind of a random person to enter for this week, but I get that this girl has stans. I'm personally partial to some of her songs and in a regular week I'd probably give this points. Finding it hard to for this one though. But maybe!
33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj - LMAO what a closer… the beat honestly kills me I love it
1490 days 13 hours ago
hellomynameis347
1. Britney Spears - I’m sorry, but this is an awful start. I’ve never been a Brittany fan, and this just doesn’t do anything positive for me. Quite the opposite, actually.

2. Avril Lavigne - It’s just kind of there? I’m not too sure about the timing of this song in terms of Avril’s career, but it feels like it lacks the angst that made her early discography great while also not having the power of the songs on “Head Above Water”.

3. Kellie Pickler - I can appreciate a good country bop! I’m getting some very strong Miranda Lambert vibes, which I am absolutely here for.

4. Nicki Minaj - Literally 3 seconds in and this is already the biggest NOPE I’ve gotten from a song since Kim K a couple weeks ago. I can’t even finish this.

5. Fountains of Wayne - I can appreciate a good 00’s throwback, and this song has some pretty serious nostalgia, but it’s definitely not aged well. Better than most of the other songs so far, though.

6. Donna Summer - I was hoping to see something like this this week. MacArthur Park is just that perfect amount of absolutely ridiculous that works beautifully. An entire soulful requiem to a ruined cake? Now that’s quality.

7. Carrie Underwood - YES. MA’AM. Classic country bop and an old favorite of mine. Huge amounts of nostalgia here.

8. Ray LaMontagne - It’s a quality song by a quality vocalist, but Addison Agen ruined every other version for me by taking this song to another level.

9. Jax Jones ft. Tove Lo - Was I supposed to live? The whole thing feels a bit grating and one-note. The effects on the vocals really ruin any appeal the song may have and the instrumental is atrocious.

10. Kristina Karo - This is just such a mess. There’s no singing? It’s spoken word with a beat and a backing track. No thank you.

11. Dolly Parton - I’d just like to say a huge thank you to whoever submitted my mother and also a huge fuck you to myself for forgetting about her. Absolutely flawless.

12. Goo Goo Dolls - I absolutely love this song and need to listen to it in a better headspace, because I remembered a ton of quality songs I missed when I searched it on Spotify.

13. Cattle & Cane - It’s a very different song from the rest of the field so far. I’m kind of conflicted on this one because the styling and presentation is great, but I’m not entirely sold on the vocals.

14. Toto - 5 and a half minutes of meh

15. Christine and the Queens - I’ve always love French-language songs, but there’s just no build-up here. No payoff to be found.

16. Twenty One Pilots - My knowledge of TOP outside of Blurryface is very limited, but this just doesn’t seem like anywhere near their best.

17. The Madden Brothers - Extremely middle-of-the-road

18. Kaiser Chiefs - Found the basic rock entry for the week! It just doesn’t do much for me on any front, and it doesn’t help that I know two better songs with the same title.

19. Lady Gaga - I was wondering who was gonna be the one to send Gaga, but I wasn’t entirely expecting Alejandro. It’s still a quality dance bop, just not quite my first choice.

20. MIKA - MIKA’s always been a guilty pleasure for me, but Grace Kelly has never exactly been one of my favorites of his. It just kind of comes off as unsettling at points, and I’m not entirely here for it.

21. Alvvays - This is how you do monotony right. Lovely instrumental, nice build into the chorus, and it doesn’t try to sell itself as more than it is.

22. Sam Fender - It’s not bad, but I probably shouldn’t have come back to listen right after Bette Davis Eyes. It seems like it follows a similar formula in some ways but it doesn’t do it as well.

23. La Pegatina - Well that’s certainly… interesting? The lyrics just make the whole thing even more confusing when translated. I’m not quite sure what to think.

24. ABBA - I’m not sure I personally would have chosen Fernando, but all of ABBA’s songs are classics, so I’m not complaining

25. Kacey Musgraves - I’ve never been a “Golden Hour” stan, but I think y’all may have converted me. This is a really refreshing take on country music, and I’m here for it.

26. Scissor Sisters - No thanks. Next.

27. Klava Koka - This is another one that’s just kind of here? There’s not much that really stands out here.

28. Boney M - I was hoping that this would make an appearance this week even if I was too scared to send it. A timeless banger that will never lose its charm to me.

29. Jennifer Lopez - It also just exists? Why are there so many completely meh songs this week?

30. Kim Carnes - The fact that Chloe Kohanski did it better doesn’t make me love this any less, for once. The instrumental fits the feel of the song, and the lyrical content is very nice.

31. Dalida - The fact that queen Eleni Foureira more recently covered this and did an infinitely better job with it doesn’t do this version any favors at all.

32. Danna Paola - I really like the atmosphere this song tries to create, but it just feels like there’s something missing here.

33. Madonna ft. Nicki Minaj - The ultimate torture: Being forced to listen to Nicki twice in a single contest.
1489 days 21 hours ago
AlanDuncan
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo - Meh this is fine enough. Standard tsc entry
10) Kristina Karo - I MEAN MESS.
11) Dolly Parton - This is iconic. A staple  of cuntry
12) Goo Goo Dolls - I forgot about this. Decent
13) Cattle & Cane - Eh. I didnt hate this LMAOOOOO
14) Toto - Its a no from me and hopefully everyone else
15) Christine and the Queens - Oh i wasnt expecting forign langauge im not in the mood for baguette talk
16) Twenty One Pilots - This is a non-event.
17) The Madden Brothers - Are any of these Semi songs happening?
1489 days 21 hours ago
AlanDuncan
18 - Ruby - I  love this song. Nothing i would go out my way to listen to but to tapper
19 - Alejandro - Iconic amazing. Judas woulda served
20 - Grace Kelly - LMAO this song. Classic 2007 banter.
21 - Archie - Oh I didnt dislike this. Very middle of the road.
23 - ????? - whats no in spanish.
24 - controverisla but im sick of abba
25 - i dont get the hype around her
22 -  the bonus track this week sucks
1489 days 1 hour ago
Alexeh23
01) Britney Spears - Kicking off this trainwreck of a week on an undeniable banger. Feel like this is one of her more underrated songs though that might just be because I never heard it on the radio LMAO. Absolute bop, love pretty much everything about this.
02) Avril Lavigne - Kinda feels like famous artist for the sake of famous artist, the song is fine but very noisy, don’t think it’ll hold up this week.
03) Kellie Pickler - Pretty solid country song, not extraordinary but nice enough.
04) Nicki Minaj - I once saw this referred to as a modern day Bohemian Rhapsody and I don’t think a better, braver or more truthful sentence has ever been spoken. A work of art.
05) Fountains of Wayne - I’m sorry this song has been absolutely ruined for me and that’s not anyone’s fault but it’s just the truth.
06) Donna Summer - A giant reach and I’m not really sure this song was worth it. Nice enough, and she’s a legend, but far from her best even when it gets going.
07) Carrie Underwood - Wheezing at this being here I hate the song so much but using Jesus for name week is so good.
08) Ray Lamontagne - Ooh he has a really nice voice. Nothing that I’d listen to on repeat but it was a lot better than I expected actually. Pretty.
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo - This was actually better than I was expecting considering I’ve literally never heard of this song. Chorus is a bit of a letdown but very decent.
10) Kristina Karo - LMAO this is a lot. I’ll moderately enthusiastically jump on the Karo train, it’s not quite as chaotic as I was hoping but it was still a lot of fun.
11) Dolly Parton - Ugh YES this song is so so so good. Iconic. Legendary. Flawless. In love.
12) Goo Goo Dolls - Was fully convinced this song had been sent before but I guess I’m boo boo the fool. Add this song to the men with rights list, timeless.
13) Cattle & Cane - This was a LOT better than I thought it was going to be because I was fully prepared to be put into a coma by some horrible Christian music nonsense and this was actually decent.
14) Toto - I just didn’t care about this at all.
15) Christine and the Queens - Wait this isn’t Tilted??? I swear Christine is a completely different song this has me so fucked up? Even Google is telling me this is just the French version of Tilted but what is the song I was thinking of? Would like this more if I wasn’t used to the English version I think, this just sounds weird to me.
16) Twenty One Pilots - They are absolutely not invited to the men with rights list sorry to these men. I kinda get the appeal of this but it’s just not for me, the type of man indie rock that just doesn’t appeal to me at all. Grating.
17) The Madden Brothers - Nope no rights for these men either. This week is underwhelming so far there are so many mediocre men. :( Jane sis if I were you I’d leave on read. Kinda forgot I was listening to this while I was listening to it.
18) Kaiser Chiefs - Hearing the opening of this song set off my fight or flight from when I used to play Lego Rockband on the Wii with my family LMAO. Other than being highly anxious throughout I still really enjoy this iconic song. I don’t wanna go as far as giving these men rights because of one good song, but they can have a crumb.
19) Lady Gaga - Judas would’ve done a lot better with me but yeah this is a bop I guess. I feel the same about it as Alexito does just imagine how tired we are.
20) Mika - Omg this was an ALBUM. Not my absolute favourite from it but a really really good song that I have a lot of positive nostalgia connected to.
21) Alvays - This was so the wrong week to send this dream pop gem as much as I adore it. Feel like it could’ve done well in a regular week in the current state TSC is in and it would deserve to.
22) Sam Fender - Does NOT benefit from coming after Bitch I’m Madonna. He’s actually got some songs I really like but this isn’t one of them. Another week maybe. :(
23) La Pegatina - I spent the entirety of this song staring into space in absolute shock. Possibly the worst thing a Spanish person has done since the discovery of America.
24) Abba - Omg they did a cover of the Cher song???? Love Abba, this isn’t my favourite of theirs but yeah it’s pretty good.
25) Kacey Musgraves - Would be MOR in a normal week. Less than MOR this week, a very regular song without much going on at all.
26) Scissor Sisters - This is the intro theme to Thomas the Tank Engine when they air it in Hell. There was a good song in here somewhere which made it even more annoying that it never actually came out.
27) Klava Koka - Not quite what I was expecting, not sure how I felt about it really? Kinda bopped, kinda disappointed. Probably a grower.
28) Boney M - This is probably winning and I guess it’d be deserved. Not my absolute favourite but can see it picking up a lot of mid-high points and walking this week. The chorus snaps so hard.
29) Jennifer Lopez - I mean she’s a queen but I find a lot of her songs really average and this is no different. It’s fine, catchy but I don’t think I’ve ever chosen to listen to it.
30) Kim Carnes - I don’t think I’ve ever actually properly listened to it but it instantly sounds so familiar which is the sign of a classic. I don’t have the nostalgia or that level of warmth towards it that other people might even though it’s undeniably a good song.
31) Dalida - Legend!!!! This is actually really good and like the last song sounds so familiar. Like this a lot.
32) Danna Paola - Do all her videos have annoying ass intros because I remember her last entry doing it too? Annoying. This is not the week for this either I’m sorry.
33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj - LMAOOOOO I’ve always stanned this absolute trainwreck. It’s not as good as some of her other songs (or Nicki’s for that matter) but my goddd the chorus and drop. Bitch I’m a donut too.
1488 days 22 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Britney Spears- Her best song. A STRONG bop that packs a catchy punch. I’ve been slayed.
02) Avril Lavigne- FUCK this takes me back. It’s so unlike her other stuff and it’s magical and dark and gothic and perfection. A little cheesy but that’s always been her thing.
03) Kellie Pickler- Best Idol contestant EVER. She does country the best. This song is okay, not her best, but it’s good because she’s good.
04) Nicki Minaj- I get the appeal, but it got annoying really quick. Her schtick only works when the song is consistent throughout, and this was just… weird.
05) Fountains of Wayne- Timeless, nice and easy sound, great ambiance.
06) Donna Summer- I tried to get into it, but it feels too much like an artifact that’s inaccessible and unrelatable.
07) Carrie Underwood- Ahhh this is a classic. Not much else to say really, it’s an iconic song that everyone knows and it’s a part of America’s cultural fabric and my own lol
08) Ray Lamontagne- This is beautiful art. The best song so far.
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo- It’s one kind of vibe/level that plateaus. Not my fav.
10) Kristina Karo- Who? This is so bad. Like someone’s aunt made a tiktok and thought it’d land her a record deal. I don’t care about Karo or her train.
11) Dolly Parton- LOVELOVELOVE it’s a classic and so beautiful and simple and powerful.
12) Goo Goo Dolls- Takes me back to freshman year. High school. This is a beautiful, emo song. And truly emo, it makes me emotional. I love it.
13) Cattle & Cane- This has a nice vibe. It doesn’t really strike me as hard as the others do, but it’s nice.
14) Toto- Never heard anything from them but Africa! This is good. It really just “goes there” super smoothly. I’m getting drunk so I can’t really give more than that but I like it.
15) Christine and the Queens- In a normal contest this would prob get points.. it has a really cool vibe, but for foreign language songs, they REALLY need to bop, and this doesn’t get me hooked anywhere it any aspect. So I’ll label it “pleasant.”
16) Twenty One Pilots- I’ve followed these guys since the beginning. This is pretty good. I like the chill of it; Tyler Joseph’s voice is really enjoyable here.
17) The Madden Brothers- This is… so solid. I really like it God so many of these songs are good! but tbh i really like how consistent this is. chorus slaps.
18) Kaiser Chiefs- How old school are they? This sounds like it could be vintage or a band from today. I love how catchy the chorus is. It’s exactly the kind of stuff I like to get ready to/write to/live to. Yeet.
19) Lady Gaga- I love how all of her vids are cinematic masterpieces. Gaga is good, Alejandro is one of my favs, and this is an amazing bop song.
20) Mika- Never heard this guy before. It has great energy and I love how catchy it is. It kind of reminded me of Glee (not necessarily a good thing) but despite the theatrics it held up with its dynamic melody/singing.
21) Alvvays- I like how despite the atmospheric sound, this had so much power to it that you don’t typically see with this genre.
22) Sam Fender- Not what I expected. This is a really cool indie rock song.
23) La Pegatina- At first I wrote this off as a gimmick, but it was super catchy and actually a bop Spanish song.
24) Abba- Fernando! Fun song, Abba is a fun group.
25) Kacey Musgraves- It’s a nice song. It’s less bombastic or iconic than most of these, so it feels almost like filler.
26) Scissor Sisters- Heavy on the funk. It’s good, but it’s more “background music” vibes.
27) Klava Koka- This was the first very bad song of the contest, I think? So it’s been a great contest so far, on the bright side.
28) Boney M- It’s a fun song you’d hear at weddings and stuff but not very memorable or strong.
29) Jennifer Lopez- I love JLo just as a person but her music is meh in every way.
30) Kim Carnes- An amazing iconic song. Dreamy and nostalgic and everything good about a song.
31) Dalida- A dated disco.
32) Danna Paola- Queen of Elite! I like her, she serves.
33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj- This is shit. Utter shit. Madonna is a clown in this.
1488 days 21 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) obvious pick is obvious. this song is nowhere near britneys top tier music, like, at all, but its a trash bop of its own right. and my, what a trash bop it is. the lyrics make little to no sense and the song's borderline grating, but... we still bop? she kind of did that honestly. work.
02) OH MY GOD. what a trip down memory lane this was. my five year old self (ew, expose your fetus age much??) was OBSESSED with the alice in wonderland remake, and this song included. that being said... girl. melissa's strained vocals are NOT it. like, seriously, what's up with the wailing and the screeching? but, you know, she's a cute girl. this plus the nostalgia i have for it might lead me to overscoring it a bitsy. oops.
03) yeehaw! or something. this is... pleasant, but ehh. not really my thing anyways, but shes decent.
04) LEGENDARY. i mean, wow. i cant believe some girlies still wont admit that nicki minaj invented the future of pop. such an experimental work of art. in the words of another great philosopher, this is "so 3008, you're so 2000 and late". period.
05) i actually like this song, besides being borderline creepy and too straight-y. burn the music video tho.
06) a stretch indeed, but i'm glad this is here. some of y'all girlies just don't appreciate camp. AND I'LL NEVER HAVE THE RECIPE AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN~.
07) fuck jesus. i'm gay, i can't even drive anyways.
08) ...did everyone try the dolly parton? i thought the dolly parton was lovely.
09) like jax jones, really like tove lo, had never heard this. it's good! don't know how it will stand up against the other songs, but excited to find out!
10) what type of low budget russian bride artpop mess is this? won't lie, i'm somewhat amused, but i can only tolerate one troll entry every contest.
11) a CLASSIC. also obvious pick is obvious. but a CLASSIC regardless.
12) my inner drunk-thirty-year-old-alcoholic-woman-at-a-party just came out, cause i fucking LOVE THIS SONG OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT I'MC YRBUFBUINDFNI-
13) i said fuck jesus.
14) not my thing whatsoever, really. also the youtube comments are really straight, gross!
15) this is like the second song i hear from christine and the queens apart from the other one last year, and i've decided that she's just not for me.
16) ew.
17) what's with the men all of a sudden? this wasn't that bad, but it wasn't exactly memorable either.
18) this just feels like elevator music as i patiently wait for this song to end while i know gaga's about to come through.
19) okay. first of all. judas is not a better song than alejandro. thank you. second, i'm screaming at gaga being entered the week "stupid love" comes out. oh well! okay, back to the song... what a fucking pop moment? throughout "the fame monster" era, gaga didn't make a single bad song, and that's the hill i'm choosing to die on. this is sublime, one of the best pop songs of 2010s and will easily get [REDACTED] points from me. yes, i'm a f*g. what about it?
20) this song is fucking grating as all hell. that being said, i also REALLY like it? fuck off, mika. and fuck your stupid voice too. and your good songs too. bye.
21) not gonna make a riverdale reference. not gonna make a riverdale reference. "we're endgame, archie." sorry. anyways. i liked this? i might give this low points if i'm in the mood for it, but i don't know. this was cute though, might grow on me!
22) please, do ramble on about how reality tv is ruining our lives. such a hot take, sam. you're really breaking new ground with this one. okay, to be fair, i actually liked this. it's cool.
23) i'm gonna pass on this one.
24) iconic, and i briefly considered entering while furiously searching for songs with names on the title that hadn't already been submitted. it's a cute song, not really my favorite abba song, certified slutpop anthem "gimme a man" probably holds that regard. but i've always liked this!
25) don't tell anyone, but i've never really gotten the hype for kacey musgraves. "high horse" is a bop though!
26) scissor sisters are really hit or miss for me. this is on the miss part of the spectrum, sorry.
27) don't know what the hell this is, but i kinda liked it. would've gotten more out of me if it was a regular week, i guess.
28) POP THE FUCK OFF, DAD. these are not the tracks i expected to be rooting for, let me just say that.
29) ICONIC??? not y'all about to pay this dirty. jennifer lopez claiming to be real while half of her vocals around this era were sung by some nameless r&b girls was always kind of funny to me. but really, this song's so smooth and so great.
30) UGH, this last few songs are really hitting the spot. i like that this song's been covered to death, yet no version ever hit as hard as the one with kim carnes' bronchitis vocals. this is such a testament to 80s nostalgia with the 50s, and it really is such an endearing song to listen to. and an iconic and a great one at that.
31) oh, i like dalida! honestly, do all of that. we love camp!
32) aw. this is the wrong week for this song to be here. honestly, it would've been in the running for my 12 if this was sent in a regular contest, but in the midst of all these songs? a shame really. though to be fair, i love this song. probably more than i should too, but fuck it. also, danna paola SERVES. in general. queen.
33) ...okay, allow me to ramble a bitsy. i always thought this song was done unfairly wrong by... literally everyone when this came out because of everyone's ageism -- but now we said it! -- honestly, this bloodpop/sophie production really hits the spot. like, if charli xcx sang this, gays would get turnt up at all the LA gay clubs. it is a trainwreck of a song, but it is pretty endearing. that being said... i can see why people would dislike this. honestly god control should've been submitted, assuming that works. but TSC wouldn't have the range.
1488 days 18 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
01) Britney Spears - For all of the boys and all of the girls seeking Amy, I think she may have gotten on the KARO TRAIN?
02) Avril Lavigne - Okay well, Alice may have fallen down a rabbit hole but she needs to get outta there, get to the nearest train station and take the KARO TRAIN back home. As for Avril oh she's definitely on the train she is an activist.
03) Kellie Pickler - She jumped on and took a ride on the KARO TRAIN but she was kicked off for singing country music because Kristina Karo saw that as jealousy.
04) Nicki Minaj - Don't worry Nicki, Roman definitely knows his station. The KARO TRAIN is en route to San Marino, because we couldn't afford to ride the train tracks to Rome, so it's gonna have to be a San Marino Holiday.
05) Fountains of Wayne - Plot Twist: Stacy's mom is Kristina Karo and she is most definitely not letting these creepy straight men on the KARO TRAIN. Gays only.
06) Donna Summer - Oh Donna Summer is definitely bringing the entertainment on the KARO TRAIN. Kristina heard that the gays live for Miss Summer so she knew she had to book her for a karaoke session. Smart queen.
07) Carrie Underwood - Kristina isn't happy that this is a country song because she knows that she's the absolute supreme when it comes to country and upcoming country artists irritate her, but Carrie kinda slayed a bit so she can hop on the KARO TRAIN and take the wheel.
08) Ray Lamontagne - Yeah the KARO TRAIN isn't stopping at Jolene's station.
09) Jax Jones ft Tove Lo - Oh you just know that Tove Lo would bring flavour to the KARO TRAIN. Kristina appreciates bops so y'all can hop on.
10) Kristina Karo - "JUMP ON THE KARO TRAIN!" Holy fuck. The absolute magnitude of these lyrics. I don't think I've ever heard with such emotional intelligence. The song has multiple layers, with impeccable vocals, stunning production, amazing enunciation, groundbreaking dance moves, overwhelming flavour... like wow, this song really brought it all. I can tell that Kristina spent literal months planning out this song / video. She's amazing at conveying her emotions through her music, for example: "fuck it." She takes risks and they ALWAYS pay off. The train has officially left the station, just like her career because jesus christ, after this performance there's no way she isn't getting countless Number 1's on the Billboard charts. I mean literally just use your ears and you can hear talent. Especially as a woman from Russia which has a history of being homophobic, she did charity and let 3 gays feature in her video. Literal charitable Russian goddess. She exudes confidence and it makes watching her that much more interesting and enjoyable. I'm in awe. GIVE HER HER FUCKING GREEN CARD ALREADY DAMN IT.
11) Dolly Parton - I feel so horrible for Dolly, because she has to go right after legend and icon Kristina Karo. I thought Jolene was already DENIED entry to the KARO TRAIN? Fuck outta here!
12) Goo Goo Dolls - Kristina Karo doesn't believe that this awful song even fits the criteria of this week so the Goo Goo Dolls ticket to the KARO TRAIN have been voided.
13) Cattle & Cane - I wish the world knew talent (Kristina Karo) like I do. These two are talent too actually! Hop on the KARO TRAIN folks it's going to be a bumpy ride.
14) Toto - Fuck Rosanna cause Kristina is clearly superior. Kristina Karo does not endorse someone who could make such bad music on the KARO TRAIN, so unfortunately for Toto he is going to be walking to his next destination.
15) Christine and the Queens - Kristina always supports her fellow Europeans so miss Christine can hop right on the KARO TRAIN. She can bring her queens too. And her dictionary because Kristina Karo does not have the best french.
16) Twenty One Pilots - Straight men usually have to produce bangers to be granted entry to the KARO TRAIN, unfortunately this was an uninteresting mess.
17) The Madden Brothers - The KARO TRAIN has stopped functioning for 3 minutes and 42 seconds because this song has put everyone on the train to sleep.
18) Kaiser Chiefs - Okay yes Kristina Karo is a gem but she isn't a ruby because she doesn't want to have association with this terrible song. She's busy listening to bops like "Bulletproof" by Dotter on the KARO TRAIN.
19) Lady Gaga - *everyone on the KARO TRAIN begins clapping for this bop*. Kristina would like to formally thank Lady Gaga for blessing our ears yet again.
20) Mika - (Mika could lowkey get it) Anyway, Kristina appreciates the uniqueness that this song brings to the TSC. It's not groundbreaking but that's probably a good thing because we don't want the KARO TRAIN to collapse.
21) Alvays - A marriage on the KARO TRAIN would be iconic. Also would be GREAT for publicity because it's definitely the first marriage to happen in a moving sex dungeon. But we'd have to play a different song because this one isn't doing much!
22) Sam Fender - The Poundshop Kardashians can get on the KARO TRAIN, but this man can stay off because Kristina Karo doesn't settle for mediocrity.
23) La Pegatina - Maricarmen is DEFINITELY allowed on the KARO TRAIN, are you kidding me? She's iconic. But the random men following her around everywhere can piss off!
24) Abba - Kristina is an ABBA stan overall, but this song isn't doing a whole lot for her! They can hop on the KARO TRAIN but they're gonna have to sit in silence in the corner because no one wants to hear this.
25) Kacey Musgraves - I think we can ALL (Kristina included) can appreciate that Kacey is doing her own unique take on country! Kristina Karo and Kacey Musgraves are def country besties so Kacey, the KARO TRAIN is waiting.
26) Scissor Sisters - I think men should be banned from asking to get on the KARO TRAIN because these songs are jokes.
27) Klava Koka - OMG. RUSSIAN SISTER. *HER AND KRISTINA HUG IT OUT* What a queen! GET ON THE KARO TRAIN NOW MISS KOKA! The entire train is bopping their asses to this song rn. The gays are getting their life, Kristina Karo is getting her green card, everyone is living.
28) Boney M - I think Kristina Karo had an affair with Rasputin in her early days.. and I oop. Russian queen = Kristina.. omg I've cracked the code. The KARO TRAIN is waiting just for our dearest Rasputin.
29) Jennifer Lopez - Off topic, but the KARO TRAIN is coming to Superbowl 2021 as Kristina Karo is headlining the half time show. She doesn't need to share the stage like Jennifer bc she's that relevant. We can appreciate the boppery of this tho!
30) Kim Carnes - Kristina & the rest of us on the KARO TRAIN have no words for this cause it's just too boring to have thoughts on.
31) Dalida - I'm hopping on the DALIDA TRAIN after the KARO TRAIN has run it's course, cause damn ma this served, and I'm sure Kristina Karo would agree!
32) Danna Paola - (Okay, hello to the legends of Elite in the first min). Is this even a question? OFC Danna can get on the KARO TRAIN. Can she bring S3 of Elite too because I'm dying to watch it.
33) Madonna ft Nicki Minaj - There's only room for one legend on the KARO TRAIN, and that is Kristina Karo herself, so sorry to Madonna but you are gonna stick to making trainwreck music.
1488 days 17 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. One of my favourite Britney songs. I told one of my friends about the secret meaning and she was horrified lol
2. As much as I love Avril and Alice in wonderland, I've never been invested in this song
3. Quite like the country vibe to this, bit of a toe tapper
4. This song is such a chaotic mess but I love it. I remember last year when I was living out in the countryside I went for a walk early in the morning and when we returned we found this song blaring full volume from our TV. Which was odd because we turned the TV off and hadn't been listening to Nicki lol. Such a strange occurrence, that song is watching me!
5. This song was my childhood!
6. Manila vs delta made this iconic!
7. Not for me. Quite like Carrie but this song was not it
8. Well that was dreich and boring
9. I'm a bit torn on whether I like this or not. Kind of a mixed bag.
10. Lol this was an experience. I want to be friends with her!
11. Jolene is a skank for what she tried to do to Dolly!
12. I don't mind hearing this on the radio but never go out of my way to listen to it
13. Kind of boring
14. It's no Africa. I'll say that
15. Dull, doesn't do much for me
16. Feels quite messy and disjointed
17. God that was bland!
18. Haven't heard this in years! Reminds me of 2006
19. Although I agree that Judas would've been a better pick, this song still slays me! Buy and stream "stupid love" please and thank you
20. Not a song I listen to often but can't help singing along to
21. In a regular week this would probably get high points from me. I really like this but don't know if it will hold up against strong competition.
22. This is not "Jam" by Kim Kardashian
23. She is my new queen! Song wasn't that great though
24. Not my go to Abba song but it reminds me of being in my Nans car when I was younger so it's all good
25. I like her but I didn't care for this
26. I miss them. This is a bop!
27. It's alright but the beat feels very repetitive
28. I wish this was "Mary's boy child". I still like this one though
29. My boyfriend always jokes that this song is about my Mum
30. I LOVE this song. I love her voice and Bette Davis is iconic!
31. Quite like the overall vibe of this
32. I was watching this confused as I was sure this had been submitted recently but then it clicked it was from the recently deceased TWSC. Song isn't really my cup of tea but it's alright
33. I love this car crash of a song lol. I remember when I listened to rebel heart for the first time my brother came running through when the zipper noise at the end happened and questioned what the hell I was listening to lol. It's still so funny to me that this made it as a single. Buy and stream "rebel heart" please and thank you

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!