This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2019 - FINALS

Topic » Best of TSC 2019 - FINALS

1558 days 4 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Kylie Minogue - This song is absolutely gorg and (controversial opinion???) might be my favorite thing that Kylie has done. I think I might have under-ranked it on my list.
02) Jessie Ware - "This neo-noir masterpiece is definitely racking up some adoration from me! Phe-nomenal. Her voice is beautiful." - PoohSnap, 2019.
03) Jetta - If I stretched ranking out for a few more weeks before presenting my year-end list, this certainly would have been even higher than 5th. Adore it.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - Still feel like I should like this more considering the quality of both artists. Doesn't completely come together for me -- think the chorus lacks.
05) Dagny - I thought I might have heard the last of this in TSC, but I guess it's never.really.over. Good song, still pales a bit in comparison to the KP take on it, but good.
06) PVRIS - Wow this is rly good huh
07) Kelsea Ballerini - It's not for me, but I totally understand the appeal of it.
08) MARUV - *leg shotgun* Bang.
09) SYML - Maintain that it's better than most indie rock that is sent here, but such a stacked contest that it really doesn't stand much of a chance with me.
10) Lea Rue - One of the most deserving winners of this TSC season. Haunting, different, great.
11) Aura Dione - It's not for me, but I totally understand the appeal of it.
12) EVERGLOW - TSC 2019 k-pop Holy Trinity member, and the most important to me (obviously I'm not including Sunmi because she's not getting RESPECT).
13) Conan Gray - Well rounded song with a nice vibe. Always an easy listen.
14) Aly Ryan - Me being the only person/place/thing to let Aly Ryan represent it.
15) Now United - Still embarrassing to me. <3
16) HYO & 3LAU - I prefer Badster. This one is a bit more subtle, but still goes off.
17) Charlotte Lawrence - Very cool all around entry. Don't go back to it much, but it does the job when I do.
18) Normani - You already know I love this. Do your thing, girl.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - My mommy (despite being like 2 years older than me) really delivered this ethnic banger, huh? I've slightly pulled away from this since it was entered, but it's still great.
20) Kesha - Kesha having fun is the best Kesha and Big Freedia does the damn thing.
21) Kelli-Leigh - Oh bitch, THIS bop. If I had sat on my rankings for a few weeks, this would have been higher than it was. So good.
22) The Unlikely Candidates - Best male rock entry I can think of from my time in TSC off the top of my head. Seriously.
23) Ashley O - Oh, so we're allowing covers in Best Of now? Cute. Real cute. Jk interpolation anthem slay house down boots mawma. I'm Ashley too. ^_^
24) Ailee - 1/3rd of  the TSC 2019 k-pop Holy Trinity. Go merry go round.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - Who gave this chorus permission to be so good?
26) Alice Chater - I almost completely blanked this in its original contest, and it feels pretty right. Think it's the only Alice song from TSC this year that I didn't shortlist? It's not bad, just doesn't fully get there for me.
27) AURORA - Doesn't have the replay value that some of the other songs here have, but it's high quality.
28) Hannah Trigwell - I obviously love this. The entire song is great, but the chorus is absolute PERFECTION.
1556 days 21 hours ago
Darbe
1.        Kylie Minogue: POP EUPHORIA from beginning to end. Queen has clearly been taking inspiration from Robyn with the stark contrast between sad lyrics and anthemic choruses. I really love this.
2.        Jessie Ware: elegant and sophisticated. This is a really well put together track that creates a mood throughout. I’m happy it made finals, so I was able to appreciate it a bit more.
3.        Jetta: such a unique, emotional song. The production is quality, and her vocals are powerful.  This deserved finals and will surely grow on me with every single listen.
4.        Alexandra: glad this bop made finals so I could enjoy that ass-shaking intro and first verse again.
5.        Dagny: Anthemic and powerful throughout, lyrically and sonically. Irrespective of whether Never Really Over is better or worse, it doesn’t change that LYLT is a great pop song.
6.        PVRIS – a very OTT dark track that packs a lot of punch. Happy a PVRIS track deservedly made it to finals!
7.        Kelsea Ballerini – as I said previously, this perfectly merges country and pop together. Glad something a bit different made it.
8.        MARUV – *whispers* wanna know my secret? BANG *fires leg shotgun*
9.        SYML – It’s so cool this made it to finals, I thought it was a sure NQ cus of its genre. This song is in my taste range with the 80s pop influences and is just really catchy. I’d truly underestimated this, but this is great.
10.        Lea Rue – objectively speaking, this is probably the highest quality song here. Everything from the haunting vocals to the phenomenal production. It keeps such a mood throughout, and I really could see this getting its 3rd win on Sunday, and it’d be deserved.
11.        Aura Dione – it’s kind of cute sonically I guess, but the Shania Twain reference really works against this for me.
12.        EVERGLOW – boring verses but THAT CHORUS. This is a potential contender for the win, and I see why. My favourite kpop track I’ve heard, I think.
13.        Conan Gray – not my favourite PoohSnap entry, but I understand why he submitted this and glad he got a song in the final after sending quality which has been underappreciated for months.  The verses are still way better than the chorus.
14.        Aly Ryan – such a guilty pleasure. This song is so cheap and generic, but it’s a fucking bop and I’m not here to be some boring music critic. DRESS ME DRESS ME UP ALL I WANNA DO IS WEAR UR LOVE.
15.        Now United – I was really enjoying the contest until this song arrived. It was a funny addition to the Best Of semi-final for meme purposes only, but the fact this cheesy, manufactured garbage qualified over some actual attempts at music is a joke went too far. Next.
16.        HYO & 3LAU – how did this finish so low in its semi? It still sounds like a super accessible bop to me, and the verses are much stronger than those of Adios.
17.        Charlotte Lawrence – despite being one of my most played TSC tracks of the year, I still maintain that this song is better in theory than its execution. Why did this have to be recorded on such cheap software?! It has absolutely no texture, which in turn makes the song sound flat, which is super frustrating for a song with so much potential.
18.        Normani – This is a good track which I scored highly the first time, but if you’re gna send a commercially successful hit, the only way I’d respect its submission in a contest based on finding upcoming hits/underappreciated songs is if its quality is way ahead of the rest of the pack. There are better songs here.
19.        Iveta Mukuchyan – I’ve heard a lot of tracks this last year, but this is perhaps the wildest drop I’ve heard. WIG. We stan a mess!
20.        Kesha – this song is so uplifting and infectious! Big Freedia’s part is so good
21.        Kelli-Leigh – this is a generic cheap pop song, but it has a good beat and she SELLS it with those vocals.
22.        The Unlikely Candidates – as one of the few ppl who appreciates indie-rock in TSC, I wish this impacted me as much as it seems to others. It’s good, but I’ve heard this genre be done better.
23.        Ashley O – Unlike some other tired memes, this one gets funnier to me every single time I hear it and I can’t help but smile through the whole thing. Lmao queen.
24.        Ailee – The best part of this track is the chorus, which sounds like vroom vroom by Charli anyway. The drop is fine, but not as impactful as the drop on the other two KPOP tracks.
25.        5 Seconds of Summer – I wish this had more commercial success, it deserved it. High energy throughout, especially in the chorus
26.        Alice Chater – honestly this is such an amazing running order spot for Alice because it’s really refreshing hearing something calm after a few really big songs. Not as good as Hourglass, but a nice cute bop!
27.        AURORA – oh speaking of Hourglass… here she is. This is a cute mystical track and I adore her vocal style as always, but if on both my listens I’m hearing a pre-existing track ringing in my mind while ur song is playing… that’s telling unfortunately.
28.        Hannah Trigwell – The bassline accompanied with the fragmented melody in the chorus is PERFECTION. Not to mention, she made this LGBT anthem in my hometown and released it on my 21st birthday, plus this song perfectly encapsulates how I was feeling that day. It’s as if she made it for me, awe.
1556 days 10 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) excellence, momma. again, not my favorite kylie minogue song by any means, but i can't imagine listening to this and outright disliking it. we love euphoria. we love cute. we love E•MO•TION b-sides. kidding. sort of.

02) afrojack died for this. okay fine, it's not BAD, it's just... should i care about this? i mean, i really don't!

03) cmon jetta, she gotta do what she got to, got to do!!! this grows on me with every listen. confessions on the dance floor teas honestly.

04) so mediocre, and yet it still hits the spot. fuck.

05) "never really over" being obviously the better song aside, this is still a pretty good song. we love good, basic pop.

06) EXCELLENCE, MOMMA. god, picking 12 songs out of this list is gonna be immensely painful. this is just... sublime.

07) the dumb gif link went down for my original commentary but anyways this is very
https://i.imgur.com/2kmhLtX.gif
and we stan. just kidding. i mean, i like it. that's about it. she's a cute girl. cute girl sadly doesn't get you cute points.

08)
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0CqLKvGrnbA/Vk6qyWKbJ0I/AAAAAAAAQJU/uNaM7xlvTMM/s400/tumblr_ny3inogMY81ruu897o2_400.gif
https://media1.tenor.com/images/735570f12e65dbace08d33a55c041d9b/tenor.gif

09) AFROJACK DIED FOR THIS. UNACCEPTABLE.

10) atmospheric, moody, elegant. i like this a lot more than i think i ever would. go off, lea. watch me do me. wait.

11) i mean, it's really cute, and good, and nice, and fun, BUT JESSICA ANDERSSON DIED FOR THIS?!?!?! justice for alexeh. anyways. yes. this is good. i guess.

12) a k-pop song about ending and moving on from a relationship, kill this love WISHES it had the impact of this drop. everGOD can never do no wrong in my eyes. slay my fucking mind sis(ters)... that being said however, it's significantly growing less on me after repeated listens. i mean, my wig still gets shipped to mars, but i look forward to the day we, as a society, can talk about how "bon bon chocolat" >>>>>>>>>>> "adios". thank you.

13) yas basic pop. honestly i feel like this gets a little overhyped but it's actually really good! not great. but good!

14) BOPT!!!!!! there's no way to go about it. this slaps. officially. while i've heard it to death as of now, and while i do have my problems with it, i can't deny that aly ryan invented pop, invented europe, etc..

15) as the now united anti-clan rallies up against this song, i really can't hate it. cheap? yes. manufactured? bitch, no doubt. sappier than s club 7? duh. and that's exactly the charm of it! i wasn't around to see this song's impact in its full glory i guess, maybe i was and just wasn't phased by it, but i genuinely really like it! it's nothing to fawn over................ okay, yeah, it's nothing to fawn over. but it's fun, goddammit!

16) YES MOM!!! imagine being so talented you make both "punk right now" and "badster". where as in "adios" resonates less with me with repeated listens, this just grows and grows. this is phenomenal. no one's doing it like hyo. surrender to hyo. hyo is your god. you will respect hyo. etc.

17) you would figure this would be such an edgy, tumblr song... i mean, it kind of is, but guess what mimi? it's actually really good and solid. love that aesthetic. reblogged. etc.

18) what a bop. what a music video. while this doesn't verge into... life-changing, phenomenal, mom material territory, it's a great debut for normani, the only fifth harmony member that actually matters. stream diamonds by the way!! who knows, maybe it'll get submitted here! also. i genuinely forgot the basketball booty trick. maybe she is mom material after all. queen.

19) speaking of mom material, what a TRIP this song is. the chaotic energy coming off of this song, it's just glorious. will i do it wrong when i give it like five points? i mean, that's pretty likely. but no amount of points can take away from the POWER, the IMPACT this song has blessed my ears with. thank you iveta. we aren't worthy.

20) the ULTIMATE MOM IS HERE. i stand by every three hundred billion characters i wrote the last time around. this is AMAZING. literally one of her best, if not her best. i admit, i haven't really resonated with "my own dance" nor "resentment", i think the album's already out by now? not sure, but back to the song... it's just... amazing. and i'm one mail away from giving this the deserved 20 it deserves. god, the quality of this contest.

21) wow! what is this deborah? i think it's a really excellent song everyone should give their points to! yeah, i think that sums it up! on a serious note, i'm gagged this qualified but someone has to come last and i'm here to DELIVER!

22) i forgot m*n were allowed here! this is still pretty good and solid... but i don't think it stands a chance near all the big bangers.

23) jesus christ what a fucking queen. ally maine is shaking in her husband's casket.

24) FINE. i surrender.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/3ea71fdda81da90acc4e15f8fa5df6e4/tumblr_pq4dfz1XBI1sh9os9_400.gif
body me, queen. definetly a grower.

25) PHENOMENAL. disgusting how hard 5 fucking seconds of fucking audible orgasm snapped with this. in contention for my 20 with like six other songs.

26) the theatre kid snapped out in this music video. this is actually really fucking good. snap a bit, victoria rose from chater news.

27) it's good but... i kinda liked this better the first listen. indiana massaras was the better entry :(

28) talk about ending on a high note. said what i had to say about this in the semi-finals, just phenomenal. jesus fuck, voting is gonna be hard. see y'all on sunday.
1556 days 8 hours ago
Aquamarine
ALRIGHT IF YOU WANT MORE FROM ME READ A PAST COMMENT, LOSERS!

01) Kylie Minogue - We still stan this song. Not sure if its the BEST OF 2019 but ya know.

02) Jessie Ware - This qualifying is a big ole question mark for me.

03) Jetta - Another upside down smily face song for me.

04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - This is a bop and a half and always will be and its hilarious felix didnt win with it

05) Dagny - Another solid song this year...it doesn't get me as excited as some other songs but yeah good enough.

06) PVRIS - This artist is legitimately the definition of MOR3 verging on MORP3.

07) Kelsea Ballerini - I really like Kelsea, I remember her initial song XO that made me like her. Toot!

08) MARUV - *sweats nervously*

09) SYML - what in the unholy hell

10) Lea Rue - How did so many forgettable songs qualify these are certainly nothing special

11) Aura Dione - YES Aura!!! Truly a masterpiece and well deserving of being here.

12) EVERGLOW - Ok. I gave this a chance. I listened to it more this week. I really still can't get excited about it. It's good and fun but it's not the god-tier song everyone is making it out to be.

13) Conan Gray - There's no escaping this song for me. It's very decent. I like a lot of songs here though so idk how itll do.

14) Aly Ryan - Kill it with fire.

15) Now United - Honestly when I think TSC in 2019 I really do think Now United and I think it deserves a place in the Top 10 :)

16) HYO & 3LAU - I'm actually a little surprised this qualified given the hype of EVERGLOW which has a superior song.

17) Charlotte Lawrence - I was meh on it the first time. I'm still meh on it.

18) Normani - This really feels like a Kelly Rowland song and it feels like something that should launch Normani's career. The future is bright for pop!

19) Iveta Mukuchyan - Reference my comment about Conan Gray.

20) Kesha - An A+ album drop today. So many great songs on it. Kesha's back to save pop in 2020!

21) Kelli-Leigh - Ok this didn't do well with me the first time and now its up against stronger stuff.

22) The Unlikely Candidates - HANH?!

23) Ashley O - This should win best of with literally 500 points or idk what planet im living on

24) Ailee - Urgh. The best this will do is low points for me. Its fine and all and kind of a toot but everything else is so high caliber.

25) 5 Seconds of Summer - DONT REWARD PATRICK FOR THIS

26) Alice Chater - PUFF PUFF PASS ON HER FOREVER.

27) AURORA - Another very who cares entry

28) Hannah Trigwell - Stan Hannah
1556 days 3 hours ago
LornaHollas
Can't believe I qualified, let alone twice. Thanks for all the votes so far :)

1. God I love her! This is such a bop!
2. It's alright. Her voice is a bit whiny.
3. It's alright but a bit forgettable
4. A brilliant Romanian bop! This should win!
5. This is so fun and upbeat! Definitely a bop!
6. I really feel like I should like this but it feels a bit flat
7. Still not completely sold on it but it's not bad. Just not really for me I think. Sad times
8. I still listen to this daily! Bang!
9. It's alright but I feel it will get lost in this final
10. The chorus is quite atmospheric and I really like the build up
11. A brilliant bop about Queen Shania Twain! This should win!
12. So annoying!
13. Quite a cool song and I like the Halloween theme
14. So much better than sisters! Such a bop!
15. So cheesy!
16. NOPE!
17. Such a good song! I love this!
18. So bland!
19. Such a bop! National anthem of Armenia
20. Kesha did that! This is such a bop and I love Big Freedia!
21. Meh
22. Grown on me a lot. Quite like this
23. I don't care if it's not the correct lyric. I'm singing "hey I'm a ho"
24. Not for me I'm afraid
25. Can't believe I like a 5sos song but this one is really good!
26. She makes so many bops! 2020 is bound to be a great year for her! Love this one!
27. Bjork vibes. Really dig the sound of this
28. Chorus is cool. Toe tapping bop
1556 days ago
CharlieBibi
01) Kylie Minogue - ok.
02) Jessie Ware - *gemma collins screaming into the telephone* FUCK OFF JESSIE WARE!!!!
03) Jetta - No memories of this either, I’m afraid with the line-up coming now I’m more excited to get to that than I am to finish this song.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - The fact that this won like 5 years after it got released still makes me laugh. It’s a FUCKING bop though.
05) Dagny - I have to be honest I don’t remember this whatsoever. How the fuck did this win. It ain’t BAD but like who CARES.
06) PVRIS - *insert generic comment about generic song here*
07) Kelsea Ballerini - This is good, didn’t remember it at all but it’s not a bad listen.
08) MARUV - mother. fucking. BANG. Still wanted to submit Ladies in the 90s but eh, a cheap win is still a win.
09) SYML - How in the hell did this qualify? It just blends together with everything else in Semi 2.
10) Lea Rue - To be completely honest I didn’t remember this whatsoever and you’re telling me it got 172 points? I don’t hate it but I’m also looking at the line-up and I don’t know if it’ll stack up, especially with how early-ish it is in the running order.
11) Aura Dione - yeah erm I never got the hype for this. It’s aight, probably good for a 13th-14th place but EH.
12) EVERGLOW - Ugh, idk there’s SO much Kpop in this final lmao. I like it though, just why did everyone collectively decide we liked Kpop this year.
13) Conan Gray - It’s alright, not in love with it but it’s decent.
14) Aly Ryan - lmao my top 3 this year are 2 eurovision rejects and an Alice Chater song <3
15) Now United - why we still doing this joke exactly? I mean it’s not bad but like LMFAO @ Now United becoming the main troll entry of 2019. I'm actually glad this qualified and I'm kinda hoping it does ridiculously well.
16) HYO & 3LAU - yeah i guess i feel punk right now or whatever the meme was. also lmfao @ putting this right after Now United, i see u rick.
17) Charlotte Lawrence - i dont like this tbh, not really sure why but yeah meh.
18) Normani - Didn’t like it the first time, now I’m just indifferent to this. It's gonna finish mid-table for both me and TSC overall probably.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - Ughhhhhhhh I want to like this so much more than I do, I don’t know why I just really didn’t fall in love with this song whatsoever. It ain’t BAD But it also doesn’t snap as hard as I want it to snap.
20) Kesha - I DONT LIKE THIS SONG I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE DOES.
21) Kelli-Leigh - I liked this a lot and I still do, the pace of the song is my favorite thing about it I think.
22) The Unlikely Candidates - i distinctly remember listening to this entry but i can’t remember if I liked it or not! I think it’s win annoyed me but I don’t hate the song. This is a contender to finish shockingly high I think.
23) Ashley O - So erm, the novelty of this has definitely worn off a bit but I still like the song, it’s aight. It’ll no doubt get points from me but not nearly as much as I would have given it right after its release.
24) Ailee - QUEEN. fuck you johnny for ruining her win with your ineptitude. Glad my queen got a pimp slot!
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - I was either the only person or one of 2 to blank this on it’s original win and I’m gonna say it, I still don’t like this. It just annoys me, I don’t understand how this won with such a ridiculous score either.
26) Alice Chater - Carrie Ann Inaba…. 10! Len Goodman….10! Shania Twain….10! Bruno Tonioli…..10!!!! For a total score of 40! Congratulations Alice :D I was really booboo the fool saying this wasn’t Alice’s best song. I want this to win but I'm not sure how likely it is, I hope my 20 wont go to waste.
27) AURORA - Don’t remember this either, kinda pleasant but overall don’t really give a tit one way or another.
28) Hannah Trigwell - Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure I want Johnny to win anymore, maybe I've decided i hate this song now ( : Who knows?
1555 days 18 hours ago
varlto
My first ever comments on TSC! :D

Kylie Minogue - Literally YES! This is just a bop, loving it!
Jessie Ware - This is definitely not bad but it also isn't something I'd listen to in my free time, kinda forgettable.
Jetta - The chorus just makes this song 100 times better. The rest of the song? Forgettable.
Alexandra Stan & INNA - I have no choice but to stan this. Like I have to LOVE THIS!
Dagny - I always LOVE these kind of songs and this is no exception. This is perfection, I just LOVE IT
Pvris - This song is a bit too much dark for me, not my cup of tea
Kelsea Ballerina - yesyeysyesyses kelsea you are good you are good
Maruv - Please go back to 2019... I can't stand this song anymore, so annoying and overplayed
SYML - I love his voice! And the song is very very good, I am definitely enjoying this.
Lea Rue - Watching You is a quality song and it's just very well produced. I don't think anyone can dislike this
Aura Dione - Her voice is just soooo original and I love it! Very very good song, probably one of my favourites so far.
Everglow - I wanted to like this, I really wanted to :( But I just didn't, sorry :(
Conan Gray - Pretty decent, but not the best I've heard
Aly Ryan - YES SISTER ROBBED SO ROBBED HOW DID THIS NOT REPRESENT GERMANY 2019
Now United - We LOVE international songs! A happy song that doesn't hurt anybody :)
HYO & 3LAU - This is better than the other k-pop song! Still not super good, but I did kind of enjoy it
Charlotte Lawrence - I like the chorus but that's it
Normani - No choice but to stan this.
Iveta Mukuchyan - An armenian queen... How am I supposed to distribute my points with so many amazing songs omg
Kesha - Perfection. Kesha slayed every other song.
Kelli-Leigh - Forgettable, nothing too special
The Unlikely Candidates - This is soo much better than I expected
Ashley O - Don't kill me but this song just doesn't say anything to me
Ailee - Big no from me
5SOS - I can't not love this <3
Alice Chater - Again, nothing too special
Aurora - Really enjoy this song! Good good good
Hannah Trigwell - Meh
1555 days 14 hours ago
Insanity
New comments for each entry, and I even relistened to every songs, even the ones I already know 100% I’m giving 0s to. Good luck all!

1. Kylie Minogue - The chorus kind of snaps, the rest of the song is kinda just take it or leave it. It’s a decent pop song, I’m not sure how it’ll rank in the end. The outro is gorgeous
2. Jessie Ware - Not upset this got death slotted since I didn’t really care for it much anyways. The verses at times reminds me of Lovefool. I think I would love this more if it was executed differently, it’s not for me.
3. Jetta - She’s got a great voice and carries the tune quite nicely. It’s growing on me for sure, but with a contest this stacked, I’m not sure where it’ll fall.
4. Alexandra Stan & INNA - Daddy Yankee absolutely ruins this song for me. However, I wasn’t really feeling it that much to begin with anyways. Happy for Lorna’s win though!
5. Dagny - Katy really stole this bop from Dagny huh smh. Natalia Kills would have some choice words for her. Love this!
6. PVRIS - Lowkey sick of seeing them in TSC, but I can’t fault them for always coming through with quality. It’s not my favorite from them though.
7. Kelsea Ballerini - It feels a little country sometimes, I swear, but never to the point that I feel like I’m listening to hick music. A solid pop song.
8. MARUV - Eurovision 2020 should be happening in Kiev.
9. SYML - I literally heard this song at work LAST NIGHT. It’s taking every single amount of self-discipline I have in my body not to skip it right now. Straight people won in semi 2 huh.
10. Lea Rue - Feels a bit too theatric for me. I think there are elements to this song that are gorgeous, but I’m still not sold 100% as a final product.
11. Aura Dione - Honestly kind of surprised this qualified LOL. Pretty middle of the road pop song, nothing spectacular.
12. EVERGLOW - This song is THE moment. Kill This Love who?
13. Conan Gray - More straight people music from semi 2. Yawn.
14. Aly Ryan - Yeah she kind of snapped or whatever the kids are saying. Really love the horns in this.
15. Now United - Was absolutely convinced this was going to me my least favorite song of semis this year but then SYML qualified, so congrats I guess.
16. HYO & 3LAU - HYO thanks the five TSC contestants that gave her 20s, and the other 20 TSC contestants that gave her 0s to make her qualification possible. She sends love to the ladies of gugudan, Afrojack, and Mitski who all tragically NQ’d. She hopes that TSC is feeling so punk right now that they vote for her as the best song of 2019.
17. Charlotte Lawrence - This has probably been the biggest grower for me. I didn’t think this song was shit at first, but the more I relisten the more I love it. That chorus is so infectious.
18. Normani - This is definitely a bop. Wish it received more RESPECT from the radio.
19. Iveta Mukuchyan - Don’t know if I’ll ever get used to that drop tbh. But it’s Iveta so I stan out of respect.
20. Kesha - This collab is so fun, and also that drop kind of goes off. Love the chaos of it all.
21. Kelli-Leigh - Giving me SO many Whitney vibes. It’s so catchy and her voice is stellar.
22. The Unlikely Candidates - The amount of homophobia in SF2 smh.
23. Ashley O - Not the pop star anyone asked for, but the pop star we all deserve.
24. Ailee - Haven’t listened to this song much after it was in TSC, and that just makes me feel like a dumb dumb. It’s so great in so many ways, and you get a little bit of all of Ailee’s talents. That drop also snaps.
25. 5 Seconds of Summer - Still don’t understand what the big deal is about this song, but go off I guess.
26. Alice Chater - A very pleasant pop song. Everything about it is pretty solid, not many complaints here.
27. AURORA - I have always loved her, and this song of hers is pretty strong.
28. Hannah Trigwell - Well a contender got the best slot and I won’t be surprised nor upset when this wins. Pop perfection in every way.

Had to say Adios (by Everglow) to some great songs in the final cut. Sorry if you received a good comment with little to no points to show for it.
1555 days 14 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Kylie Minogue - I like Kylie’s newer stuff and this is no exception. Again the chorus pops, but other parts drag a little compared to the chorus. Overall a good entry  by Ms Kylie.

02) Jessie Ware - Her vocal sounds gorge here, but the whole thing is a little ploddy. But overall her vocal is strong enough to pull it off.

03) Jetta - Really good. Good vocal, good beats. I like the electro beats for sure. She is flawless though, just look at her. Flawless.

04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - At least it’s jolly. It’s catchy, I could imagine this doing very in alowkey week, but against the best songs? Hmm we’ll see. :p

05) Dagny -  I forgot that this won too. :p The chorus bangs and carries the whole song through, strong vocal, strong pop vibe and I like the electro beats.

06) PVRIS - strong song, great vocal, good lyrics…enjoyable for sure and memorable. :D

07) Kelsea Ballerini -  Great vocal right from the start, stunning. Yeah a very good pick and I hope this does well. Stunning. Alicia is on form tbh.

08) MARUV - We should have just given Felix the crown when he won the clickrace for this, pretty much a full gone conclusion that she was gonna win. The verses are fantastic, I’ve never been a massive fan of the chorus, but I can see why people adore it.

09) SYML - It’s ok, not my favourite male vocal here, but it’s not my least favourite either. It’s ok, I know Bibbsy will get her life to this so that’s cool.

10) Lea Rue - I didn’t think this would win when I first entered it. I know it’s like marmite and it’s clear it has its haters, but I know there is a fair few people who think it is very good as well.

11) Aura Dione  I get this is a tribute or something, but it’s steps a little too much into cheesy territory at times, but the whole song was cool.

12) EVERGLOW - whistling again, but it works better here tbh. Good, nothing to complain about really apart from the fact it sounds like several songs mixed into one, but tbh each of the ‘songs’ sounds good haha.
13) Conan Gray - It’s cool, not something that is really standing out here but it’s fine. I didn’t like the ‘maniac’ part.

14) Aly Ryan - The song that caused the recent discussions on banning NF songs until the end of March hehe. :p This should have gone to Eurovision. It is very very good pop, national final song or not it deserved to win for sure.

15) Now United -  Probably one of the polarising acts in TSC this year? I don’t really get the hate, it’s not deep, it’s just clean fun…catchy pop. Their voices are pretty good and the cringe isn’t too much of a hindrance.

16) HYO & 3LAU - enjoyable, again this could do well here as it’s gonna get a lot of high point probably. It’s fine, the beats are catchy ish, there is a little bit of cringe of course but it’s fine.

17) Charlotte Lawrence - dark, stunning, one of the better entries here for me, I really like the bass beat and there is nothing I dislike here. It’s great.

18) Normani - tbf, this is really catchy and I don’t hate it when it come son the radio haha. It’s not going to be my favourite here, but it’s jolly enough.

19) Iveta Mukuchyan -  I mean there isn’t much wrong with this at all, it’s flows really well but has such distinctive phases. Strong music, strong vocals, nothing more to say really. It deserves to do well here.

20) Kesha - Still not a massive fan of her music on the whole, but it’s fine…I don’t think it’s going to be something I really  remember compared to a lot of the other entries, but it’s fine.

21) Kelli-Leigh - vocal like wowwwwwwww…..seems like a winner rather than a 4th place entry. I like the retro beat and like I say, he vocal is like wow

22) The Unlikely Candidates - The drums is cool, the vocal isn’t for me, but the chorus is strong. I can see why the rockheads won out in TSC360 haha :p

23) Ashley O -  I just love the fact that Black Mirror was making a contrived pop song as a point about how people will adore the superficial and then people unironically worshipped this song. They’re genius. :p It’s fine, it’s just Miley has had a great year in terms of music and this isn’t anywhere near that stuff for me. I have a feeling this will win like cupcakke did with the sheer amount of top points it will get.

24) Ailee - whistling….puke…..not keen on the room shaker bit, but everything else is pretty good. I prefer the vocals over the rap though.

25) 5 Seconds of Summer - One of the bigger surprises on the year and I can really see why it won, wouldn’t be surprise if this challenges for the win. Well done Patrana.

26) Alice Chater - She should have won with ‘hourglass’, but tbh it’s good, not as iconic as ‘hourglass’ but it’s inoffensive haha :p

27) AURORA -  I’m not sure if I liked this before, but this took me by surprise here, I loved every second of this. I added this to my playlist. Stunning vocals, stunning progression. Really, really, really good.

28) Hannah Trigwell - This is why I like this contest as I had forgotten this even existed and it’s a former winner. Pretty strong, I like the verses more than the chorus for sure.
1555 days 11 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Kylie Minogue ~ Although I’m tired of her age old aesthetic now she’s in her 50s, I still think this is cute. Whether it stands a real chance in my finale rankings though.. I’m not sure.
Jessie Ware ~ A woman who simply does no wrong and can’t write a ‘bad’ song. Beauts.
Jetta ~ Pretty badass. Think I missed it’s original contest? Either way this is very good.
Alexandra Stan & Inna ~ Whilst the singing is maybe a bit generic, I’m still fine that this won. Cool song all round.
Dagny ~ Both versions are great, I’m leaning more towards this though. Nothing to fault really, great song, cracking vocal.
PVRIS ~ Yet to be disappointed by them at all. Loved how edgy this was.
Kelsea Ballerini ~ Lovely modern take on country x pop. Loved the message. So happy that after randomly discovering this in work, it gave me my first winner in years. Thank you, Kelsea!
MARUV ~ I. AM. SICK. OF. HER.!! Someone had to say it!! The whisperiness in this song really did next to nothing for me.
SYML ~ Although I wouldn’t class it as the most perfect song ever, it’s still pretty much in my taste range. Love the chorus.
Lea Rue ~ Dark, haunting, brilliance! Probably my favourite winner this year.
Aura Dione ~ I get the appeal of this, nicely different. I’m not sure it will make my votes this time though.
EVERGLOW ~ Although I’m not a massive fan of this vocally, the drop more than makes up for it. TSC KPOP has come a long way which I like.
Conan Gray ~ Oh yes, love this. Builds very well and I like his vocal.
Aly Ryan ~ Simply an absolute banger. Up there with Lea Rue in terms of winners.
Now United ~ Favourite song of the year, I love everything about this.
HYO & 3LAU ~ Loving HYO as of late, and I cannot fault the production in this whatsoever. Really good!
Charlotte Lawrence ~ A bit deep.. I never really got into this one.
Normani ~ Really serves the sassitude! I like this a lot more than I thought I would.
Iveta Mukuchyan ~ Loveee the ethnic vibes in this. It’s grown on me a lot as a whole since it was first submitted.
Kesha ~ Happy this got thru! It’s a shame she had such a very public personal trauma, but the quality of her songs since has risen significantly. Keep giving them the middle finger Kesha.
Kelli-Leigh ~ As above the, very happy this got through. For me it’s a dark horse, and a high quality, 80s-influenced BOP. Really into it.
The Unlikely Candidates ~ YESSSS, YEEEESSS, YYYEEEESSSS, I stan this. Hard. Been on repeat on my Spotify ever since.
Ashley O ~ Oh honeyyyyy. So catchy, would not be sad if this won. Think for me, the chorus SLIGHTLY let’s it down though. Just, slightly..
Ailee ~ More very high quality from Korea, for sure. Another artist who’s never really disappointed me.
5 Seconds of Summer ~ Another artist who’s music has matured immensely. Very much inti this one.
Alice Chater ~ Oh yeah this was a serve. The chorus especially is very intriguing.
AURORA ~ Her best song by far, it’s brilliant.
Hannah Trigwell ~ The chorus really goes in, would be fine with this winning, also.
1555 days 10 hours ago
PoohSnap
My higher scores got rearranged after some of these have been in my rotation this week. Keeping the comments the same.

01) Kylie Minogue- Ooh I really like this! It hits different than other pop songs and makes me want to dance on a table. Mamma Mia vibes low-key.
02) Jessie Ware- Great. Solid. Talent. It’s actually very very nice.
03) Jetta- The gradual progression into this powerbop of a chorus is magical. Her voice has depth. Iconic.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA- I like the chorus, but not the “down” part as much. It’s kind of fun.
05) Dagny- This’ll always be a fav pop song of mine! Reminds me of Spring Break 2017! Nostalgia :))
06) PVRIS- That’s such a dramatic drop into the chorus! It’s really haunting and dark. Dope.
07) Kelsea Ballerini- Power chorus. Nice voice. I don’t listen to this kind of stuff and I didn’t like the lyrics, but it’s aight.
08) MARUV- This has grown on me—at first I remember not liking it at all, but it’s catchy and dark and the drop is actually great.
09) SYML- I feel like I’m viewing this from some “clean eyes” lol I really like this a lot—it’s pretty great. The chorus is magnificent.
10) Lea Rue- I like how cinematic and frantic it gets. It’s kind of repetitive but it’s a powerful, memorable chorus.
11) Aura Dione- A VERY memorable song. Her voice is so fucking weird LMAO but this is a really cool song that I just can’t help but dig.
12) EVERGLOW- It had a neat drop. That was definitely the standout part imo.
13) Conan Gray- Conan is a king. Whoever submitted this has great music taste.
14) Aly Ryan- Hmmmm it’s a solid choice. A little forgettable though and not indicative of major artistry or talent IMO.
15) Now United- Pop off! It’s a great energetic bop.
16) HYO & 3LAU- Grungy K-pop? Shook. It made an impact. Solid.
17) Charlotte Lawrence- This didn’t have great replay value for me after I first high-pointed it. It’s still stronger than lots of songs here, I think it’s just a little too robotic for me to love. It’s still good.
18) Normani- She has a great voice and this was an exciting entry.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan- I don’t even know what that one twangy instrument was, but it made the song! I thought this was insane in a good way.
20) Kesha- This has been on my rotation for weeks, it’s really a stellar bop and it’s her best song.
21) Kelli-Leigh- It bopped. It was a little too repetitive for me to want to hear again but she has a strong voice and it’s nice quality.
22) The Unlikely Candidates- Gooooooood, smooth indie stuff.
23) Ashley O- Ashley No.
24) Ailee- I’m really trying to like these, but so far this semi is not hitting it for me. This isn’t “bad” but it’s not really that memorable and I don’t like the chorus, it just feels so basic.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer- These baddies! Despite being a boy band, it was really coooool.
26) Alice Chater- This has a chilled out pop vibe that resonates with me. I liked it.
27) AURORA- Wow. This hit different. Did I hear this before? It sounds new and fckin amazing! Primal and all that powerful shit.
28) Hannah Trigwell- This is a song I appreciate because it’s a step above normal pop and I could queue in up on the aux at a party and people would vibe to it. I didn’t love the repetition and thought it could have had more variety.
1555 days 9 hours ago
Talian
Had a very negativity-filled couple of days. So I am only commenting on the best thing about every song. Even becausey opinion hasn’t really changed since semis🤣

01) Kylie Minogue : The chorus is kinda infectious. The production value is spot on.

02) Jessie Ware : This is very sofisticated. Her voice is magic. This grows on me every time I listen to this. And I am not even joking. I like it more and more every time.

03) Jetta : Say what you want, but you totally tapped your toe all the way thru this song from beginning to end.

04) Alexandra Stan & INNA : They make me want to experiment.

05) Dagny : The beat reminds me of the best Robyn. This takes me back to the good old days of my high school years and first (asshole) boyfriend.

06) PVRIS : Definitely one of my fav of the year. That chorus is amazing honestly.

07) Kelsea Ballerini : The message is just so powerful. I’ve been there and honestly this sums up lots of victimism and self pity you put yourself when in a abusive relationship. This is a song I would everyone to listen to, just for the message behind it.

08) MARUV : She always has the best music videos .

09) SYML : This is such a bop. The chorus is amazing but the bridge is just stellar.

10) Lea Rue : to the cost of sounding like a broken record. The sound engineering is amazing. The atmosphere is created brilliantly.

11) Aura Dione : This is harmless fun. Very upbeat. I like it.

12) EVERGLOW : This still goes off. I already said this is the best KPOP of the (last) year. But I will change it. Probably the best female KPOP song ever. Well... if we don’t count 2NE1 that will forever live in my heart.

13) Conan Gray : The boy has it. His vocals are on point and also the MV is so good.

14) Aly Ryan : She should have won her nf. Also... I feel this could have been better in French. I don’t know why.

15) Now United : Who would think that Now United took the time to slay us all so bad? We all do.

16) HYO & 3LAU : Oh fuck. I do feel so punk right now. I stan. And also let’s talk about the way she says “reckless” because that deserves a standing ovation on its own.

17) Charlotte Lawrence : That bob really work wonders on her. This song is as dark and edgy as I love my dark and edgy songs to be.

18) Normani : This song did a whole 180 on me. At first I didn’t like it. But now I can’t help but copping along everytime this comes on my gym’s radio. And it happens A LOT.

19) Iveta Mukuchyan : So much perfection none of us truly deserves this.

20) Kesha : I admire the way she managed to pull thru even tho she actually went thru hell.

21) Kelli-Leigh : Sing it to me mama. The bass line in the verses and bridges KILLS me. That is literal perfection .

22) The Unlikely Candidates : Boooo. Male rock equals Satan!!!!

23) Ashley O : Nice wig, Miley.

24) Ailee : Room shaker makes me shake my booty.

25) 5 Seconds of Summer : Can I marry a song? Can I marry THIS song?

26) Alice Chater : Bring it to the runway sis. The fashion in this is just amazing.

27) AURORA : Queen of making me like my kryptonite aka whispery female songs.

28) Hannah Trigwell : Nice closer.
1555 days 8 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Kylie Minogue - sadly I like this song more and more each time I listen to it
02) Jessie Ware - it'll always be great but I think its time in TSC has faded
03) Jetta - it grew on me a lot since I last listened
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - nothing has changed it's still incredibly basic
05) Dagny - nah I'm still not into this
06) PVRIS - idk what about this song I just don't fuck with but maybe it's just too repetitive and boring
07) Kelsea Ballerini - alicia you should be proud of yourself but this song's journey ends here for me. There are a lot stronger in contention
08) MARUV - if I heard this in the club I'd shit… what a drop
09) SYML - nope
10) Lea Rue - look somewhere else
11) Aura Dione - with a better singer this could've been top tier. But I still adore this
12) EVERGLOW - I'm just slightly getting bored of this… but I still like it
13) Conan Gray - it's cute but this song fades for me after a while
14) Aly Ryan - it kinda gets old for me? I liked it at first but now I won't mind if it loses
15) Now United - WE STAN NOW UNITED THE FUTURE OF MUSIC
16) HYO & 3LAU - another song that was great at first but it gets lost in a sea of songs that does it better
17) Charlotte Lawrence - a slow burn of a song but my god does it burn <3
18) Normani - iconic feminism
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - it's still a no
20) Kesha - DOROTHY whom? Kesha is the new queen of raising hell
21) Kelli-Leigh - even though it's so basic it still has my ass bumping
22) The Unlikely Candidates - iconic meninism
23) Ashley O - I love this song but rn it's just not serving me anything new on my 100th+ listen. That won't affect my final score though
24) Ailee - not to compare all kpop to each other but-I was typing that and then the beat dropped haha I'm so weak for this
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - its best listen was the first and then it was downhill from there
26) Alice Chater - boring bye
27) AURORA - nope
28) Hannah Trigwell - no johnny
1554 days 19 hours ago
Eoin
01) Kylie Minogue - TOOT - Like this is so gay and so boppy, like imagine not stanning. Kylie's mind...

02) Jessie Ware - BOOT - I was shocked this did as well as it did, because to me it's fine but just...filler.

03) Jetta - BOOT - It tried to be haute coutour, but it ended up being just a haute mess.

04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - BOOT - I see Daddy Yankee, it's a boot, there's not much else to say, it's simple logic.

05) Dagny - TOOT - Yeah, I mean NRO upgraded it, but it's still a fantastic pop song, which I do love it...like that.

06) PVRIS - TOOT - I believe I underrated this previously, very strong and catchy, I kinda stan highkey.

07) Kelsea Ballerini - BOOT - Sorry queen TP, but how did this win? It's so ehhhhhhhhh.

08) MARUV - TOOT - Oh, this is sex in a song. Like wow, if only it had made it to ESC, one of the biggest what ifs in history. But for now...it's a BANGer.

09) SYML - BOOT - I have no feelings or emotions about this either way.

10) Lea Rue - TOOT - Yeah, I think I probably under appreciated this at the time, although, I don't think it slayed my entire existence, I think its a very solid song, that was super cool and I enjoyed.

11) Aura Dione - TOOT - Yes, country done well, without it having a red elephant attached and instead it's fabulous. Super catchy and a nice drop.

12) EVERGLOW - BOOT - I wish i could give negative points.

13) Conan Gray - TOOT - Well....for all those who didn't look at my countdown, this won, so grats.

14) Aly Ryan - TOOT - It really just does go off, to like oblivion, I can't wait to see her slay for Ireland. Crazy, sexy, cool.

15) Now United - BOOT - Holy fuck this was the cringiest fucking thing i've ever watched, wow, just awful. (My original comment)

16) HYO & 3LAU - BOOT - The boot is to no one's surprise? Right?

17) Charlotte Lawrence - TOOT - This is an original boot, but it's got it's rudemption so grats. Very catchy and cool.

18) Normani - TOOT - Oh yes bitch, werk. Literally slays my puss everytime. She did it and slayed that racist.

19) Iveta Mukuchyan - BOOT - This is just the sort of stuff that really is too much and just head ache inducing, sorry about it.

20) Kesha - TOOT - Mommy made me a born again Christian. So fucking fun and the video is iconic. Love me some Kesha.

21) Kelli-Leigh - TOOT - If those trash to coutour RPDR challenges were a song, it would be this. I like it. Not love it.

22) The Unlikely Candidates - BOOT - The most overrated song in TSC history.

23) Ashley O - TOOT - It was overhyped at the time. but it still is quite the bop, that's super catchy and probably Miley...I mean Ashley's best song in years.

24) Ailee - BOOT - It's a no from me.

25) 5 Seconds of Summer - TOOT - Yeah, I fucking love it, so cool, so modern and just a complete level up on anything they did. Fantastic.

26) Alice Chater - BOOT - Rivalling ILIRA as the most over entered artist of 2019, pretty standard, nothing to love.

27) AURORA - TOOT - Oh she's on the Disney money now, but something quite pretty yet cool about her, super nice and solid.

28) Hannah Trigwell  - TOOT - Yeah, it holds up, super catchy and super on trend. Just an all round solid song that really feels like a good modern pop song.
1554 days 17 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Kylie Minogue - I really do love Kylie and this song is just a bop. Not her *best* but yeah, queen. Love to see it.
02) Jessie Ware - This isn’t her best but it’s so pretty like this is the good end of elevator music. Not sure if I’ll find room in my votes for it but really pretty!
03) Jetta - LEGEND.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - This winning that contest of death was kinda iconic LMAO but I’ve never really liked it that much.
05) Dagny - BETTER THAN KATY!! Another really solid pop song. Think this is Dagny’s best and I would love for her to go back to this kinda standard because she really is one of my favourite Scandi artists when she’s at her best.
06) PVRIS - A huge grower, this is another really solid song, that chorus really does go off. Possibly their best song? I put Hallucinations above it in my end of year list but I think I’m wrong.
07) Kelsea Ballerini - Not one of my absolute favourite winners of the year but another really solid song with a good build, it’s catchy, yeah just really solid.
08) MARUV - I feel like I’ve seen so much of MARUV in the last year I’m just so tired. Either way other than the performance I’ve never really felt like this was her best song? She was obviously done dirty by Ukraine though and this will probably do well anyway.
09) SYML - I always forget how this song goes but when I listen to it I really enjoy it. Really good indie rock song.
10) Lea Rue - Definitely one of the most well-rounded songs of the year and a definite favourite. Not one of my personal favourites but still a very good song.
11) Aura Dione - I’m saying bop WAY too much but like, this deserved better? Think it’ll get lost in this semi with so many other good pop songs but I’ve always enjoyed it. UPDATE: it didn't get lost in the same with so many other good pop songs.
12) EVERGLOW - Tbh I’m not really in love with this as much as I was when it was first sent but that last minute still slaps me into oblivion.
13) Conan Gray - This is great, his vocal kinda bugs me particularly near the end but another really solid song.
14) Aly Ryan - Another really solid pop song from someone I forgot was actually a singer and not an Ancestry.com spokesperson or something. Don’t love it as much as I did, but yeah, still a bop.
15) Now United - Are we still pretending to like this horrible song???
16) HYO & 3LAU - LEGENDARY. Marginally prefer Badster but both are just flawless.
17) Charlotte Lawrence - This has grown on me a LOT, I really didn’t like it when it was sent originally but it’s been on my playlist for months now.
18) Normani - Again this is just a really solid pop song, one of the best ‘mainstream’ songs of the year imo. Camilka Cowbello could never!
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - This song is so chaotic I feel like I should be REALLY into it but I’m just into it instead which always leaves me a little underwhelmed. Everything here says it should be amazing but it just doesn’t quite come together.
20) Kesha - Easily her best since Praying, this is just really fun.
21) Kelli-Leigh - TSC 371 had multiple winner potential songs and this sadly wasn’t one of them. It’s pretty good though, really let down by the chorus imo.
22) The Unlikely Candidates - This sounds so familiar to me it really irritates me and also I came 2nd to it so boot. Really like the verses, everything else falls kinda flat in comparison.
23) Ashley O - Agree that the novelty of this has kinda worn off a little bit but it still bops and deserves its place here for its dramatic legacy alone.
24) Ailee - One of the best K-pop entries of the year. Still goes off hard to this day.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - Kinda a little bit over this but I can still recognise that it’s one of the most solid, well-rounded and deserving winners of the year. And it’s MEN which makes it even more surprising.
26) Alice Chater - 2020 Year of Alice Chater I plant the seeds! I have such a hard time trying to pick her best song because this, Thief and Hourglass are all really good.
27) AURORA - AURORA really came through in 2019 and started making good music? This isn’t the absolute best she’s done but it’s still really great.
28) Hannah Trigwell - Up there with Lea as one of the most solid songs of the year, this is just such a good listen. Brilliant verses, a great chorus, love it.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!