This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Best of TSC 2019 - FINALS

Topic » Best of TSC 2019 - FINALS

1554 days 19 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Kylie Minogue - 'Into The Blue' It's a catchy entry, not really impactful, but enjoyable for one listen.
02) Jessie Ware - 'Selfish Love' I'm surprised that this qualified. It has a really attractive vibe, her voice is lovely and the song is smooth, even though it is quite simple in terms of composition.
03) Jetta - 'Losing Control' The song is not much of a something, but the chorus is catchy. She has a lovely accent as well.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - 'We Wanna (feat. Daddy Yankee)' It's a catchy song, but I'm not a fan, I can't say it brings a lot of uncommon to the contest. It's fine.
05) Dagny - 'Love You Like That' I have mixed feelings about it, prechorus is really promising, the chorus is maybe not the most inspiring. I really like her high notes. It certainly has a catchy vibe, but it didn't totally convince me.
06) PVRIS - 'Death of Me' It's the first song that gave me nothing enjoyable, banality at a high level.
07) Kelsea Ballerini - 'Miss Me More' The song is strong and catchy, her accent is also attractive, it has a country vibe. I've really enjoyed it.
08) MARUV - 'Siren Song' I can see something appealing in this one, but I can't understand why it is a so big obsession for many. I'm not a fan at all.
09) SYML - 'Clean Eyes' I like the vibe of it, but the song is mediocre and with nothing really memorable.
10) Lea Rue - 'Watching You' The song is incredible for sure, it is something else, it gives a great mysterious vibe, smoothness, good vocals and the thing that truly makes it that unique is the combination of the orchestral instrumentation with the modern elements.
11) Aura Dione - 'Shania Twain' The only thing that I've not truly enjoyed in this one is her voice, which is kinda irritating. But I love the rythm of it, another country-ish one. It has a lot of energy.
12) EVERGLOW - 'Adios' The whistling is catchy. I can't say I didn't enjoy something of it, but as a whole it is a pretty trashy entry.
13) Conan Gray - 'Maniac' Maybe it has something attractive, but otherwise is nothing memorable or out of common.
14) Aly Ryan - 'Wear Your Love' The song is pleasant, catchy rythm. In the normal note, but a good listen.
15) Now United - 'Who Would Think That Love?' The song is not bad, but it appears to lose its vibe with every listen. It's a little clicheic as well and lacking of any stronger moment. It's an enjoyable listen, but with no will to make me looking for it again.
16) HYO & 3LAU - 'Punk Right Now' A banal entry, really, really weak.
17) Charlotte Lawrence - 'Why Do You Love Me' Some interesting aspects, but as a whole, didn't say too much. Getting really close to Billie Eilish's style, I think it's a song that gets in your mind with more listens. Not bad, but nothing amazing at it.
18) Normani - 'Motivation' Didn't motivate me too much, it just passed like nothing was there.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - 'Armenian Girls' That was really annoying.
20) Kesha - 'Raising Hell (feat. Big Freddia)' She's a great singer. Really promising prechorus, but that drop or what it is, is just bad. It's a ruined song, it could have been good.
21) Kelli-Leigh - 'Do You Wanna Be Loved Like This?' Great voice! And nothing else.
22) The Unlikely Candidates - 'Novocaine' Smooth and chill, great vibe and admirable chorus. This entry is simply great!
23) Ashley O - 'On a Roll' Weak entry, nothing remarkable.
24) Ailee - 'Room Shaker' It has energy, it's not a bad entry, however, there are some much more impactful entries for myself.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - 'Teeth' Not a bad song, the vibe is ok, a little monosilabic though and nothing out of common.
26) Alice Chater - 'Tonight' Normally not a style I would go for, but the chorus of this is simply really catchy for my ears.
27) AURORA - 'Animal' Not bad, not good, just there.
28) Hannah Trigwell - 'Attention' Certainly one of the weakest entries of the contest.
1554 days 19 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Kylie Minogue        Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafriad to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.
02) Jessie Ware        ychm loves her. I like her moe upbeat songs
03) Jetta        i have too many in tier 3. who knows how this will turn out
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA        I feel like i had the same reaction where it's like... this should hit me because of like everyone in it but it just doesn't
05) Dagny        another one that kinda blends in the background and like meh by the end of it
06) PVRIS        i am disappoint
07) Kelsea Ballerini        I feel like this will get overlooked and that's a shame, should do well but probably wont
08) MARUV        i stand by the statement that this would've won ESC.
09) SYML        back to the bottom of the barrel
10) Lea Rue        It's something i feel like i would listen to in the car in the summer on a long road trip.
11) Aura Dione        again not her best, not her worst, but like ughh love her
12) EVERGLOW        I still had a better reaction to BBC but like this is 100% gonna be the top kpop song of TSC 2019 (even though Miroh is still better :P)
13) Conan Gray        i hated this
14) Aly Ryan        hopefully they learned not to rig the NF after robbing us of this bop making top 10 in ESC.
15) Now United        It's always funny to see this because it's like not bad but also just childish enough that it feels like they should just start a tv show and hope to ake it big with younger audiences... like become the new Wiggles or Barney and Friends or something
16) HYO & 3LAU        Badster outsold
17) Charlotte Lawrence        honestly i feel like there are a lot on this one that should be qualifying but will probably end up like just outside. like in semi 1 there are a lot of good ones but like in this one because it's so few, it'll be a bigger disappointment
18) Normani        and another one that should do well
19) Iveta Mukuchyan        I need her to come back to ESC and slay us again. Like this again has so many great elements that just connect well.
20) Kesha        i wonder how stuff like this doesn't do better comercially but we get trash on the radio instead
21) Kelli-Leigh        This feels very 90s/2000s. Should do well
22) The Unlikely Candidates        This feels very imagine dragons
23) Ashley O        I honestly never listened to this outside of the episode other than for tsc and i don't care
24) Ailee        i get the chorus stuck in my head enough that this will do well
25) 5 Seconds of Summer        yea this is my sleeper winner pick
26) Alice Chater        in my head this is very motr, but i feel like it's like not when i actually look on paper
27) AURORA        Honestly, not vibing with this today. Sorry.
28) Hannah Trigwell        i don't like how she connects her words sometimes.Like I should be vibng more but can't because of it.
1554 days 16 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Kylie Minogue - Kylie changed the game. TOOT. I stan so hard.
02) Jessie Ware - Jessie Ware - BOOT. It's not for me.
03) Jetta -This was so boring. BOOT
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - This is basic and in an end of year best off it will get lost. Soft TOOT.
05) Dagny - Is this the song Katy stole from to get a Billboard flop. I didn't like it originally and it's still a BOOT
06) PVRIS - This was good. Enjoyable. Well done. TOOT.
07) Kelsea Ballerini - - A winner in a weak week. I still enjoy it but it's one of those winners that most likely die in the Semis or get BTM10 in the final. TOOT.
08) MARUV - Is this Felix going on about obvious entries and then submitting this? It sickens me I have to point the biggest hypocrite in TSC history because it's not MARUVs fault he won a click race. TOOT
09) SYML - Yeah this is not a genre that you should be sending to get that AlanDuncan vote. BOOT
10) Lea Rue - Easily one of the highlights of TSC2019. Haunting song. TOOT.
11) Aura Dione - This is a hit but because Lorna submitted it flopped. If this was a host song it would won. TOOT.
12) EVERGLOW - Oh that went there again. TOOT.
13) Conan Gray - e gets points for being cute. The song is also kinda mid-tier so TOOT.
14) Aly Ryan -  mean obvious winner at the time. She is a bit desperate to go to Eurovision but the song is a smash. TOOT
15) Now United - ICONIC. THE START OF A GLOBAL PHENOMENON. TOOT
16) HYO & 3LAU -  I mean this obviously going to be the joke winner of the contest. It's a solid track but if this wins Best Off continues to a be a useless meme. TOOT
17) Charlotte Lawrence - I missed the hype on this but it's grown on me. TOOT
18) Normani - This not winning it's week was a CRIME. TOOT
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - Ok like it slays but it's just a wall of noise. TOOT though.
20) Kesha - Oh this snapped. Fuck you Eoin. TOOT
21) Kelli-Leigh - Yeah this is fine. Again nothing amazing. Soft TOOT.
22) The Unlikely Candidates - This grew on me as it went on. Soft TOOT.
23) Ashley O - The best song to never win TSC. I think this is her time.
24) Ailee - fine. Standard boppy K-Pop TOOT.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer -  *eyeroll* Ok fine Patrick I will TOOT your song. It's a good song and I hate giving Patrick and his 263 wins probs.
26) Alice Chater - I know this snapped so TOOT. But it aged like milk.
27) AURORA - I always thought this was overrated. It's a soft TOOT at best.
28) Hannah Trigwell - Yup. This is it. A scientifically made TOOT.
1554 days 15 hours ago
Dusty12910
01) Kylie Minogue  - not her best, not her worst.
02) Jessie Ware - It's a solid song, it doesnt go anywhere for me thoug
03) Jetta - This is getting too hard to differentiate my favoties. I love it
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - I love the product placement and these two queens.
05) Dagny - Ashley O's sister, like Conchita/Ruth. This song really is pop perfection. The chorus is silky smooth and so powerful. Katy Perry stans RISE!
06) PVRIS - Quite good and solid.
07) Kelsea Ballerini - PTP with the country bop! Gotta love it.
08) MARUV - I have fallen out of love with it.
09) SYML - I could imagine listening to this in an Urban Outfitters or something. Nothing too special.
10) Lea Rue - Very catchy and that chorus was electrifying.
11) Aura Dione - Dustin loves this song so this gets points from me!
12) EVERGLOW - Great entry! It really does go off.
13) Conan Gray - He is going to be a star if he keeps coming out with stuff like this. TikTokers eat him UP.
14) Aly Ryan - two bops back to fucking back.
15) Now United - While I like the idea of the group, the song just isn't it.
16) HYO & 3LAU - Out of all the kpop songs I don't know if this one is my fave
17) Charlotte Lawrence - if Billie Eilish was the it-girl in 2019, Charlotte Lawrence will be one in 2020 if she keeps making music like this. She understands what the trends are.
18) Normani - What a triumphant debut for the next star of our generation. Normani did that.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - I expected more from Iveta personally.
20) Kesha - I am a big fan of hers, but Kesha has been flat-lining. This is a mediocre attempt at what could have been a monster year for her in 2020.
21) Kelli-Leigh - This is really fun, but it kinda doesnt go anywhere
22) The Unlikely Candidates - It's ok. Not my favorite genre honestly
23) Ashley O  - The way she misconstructed and redefined what it meant to convey and obtain the concupiscent clearance showing us that idiosyncratic is ebulliently inevitable while simultaneously substantiating the superiority of women... she IS the moment.
24) Ailee - She is beautiful and this song is a bop
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - Who would have thought 5SOS would be coming out with quality pop in 2019? this is a GREAT entry.
26) Alice Chater - Ava Max wishes she could make this quality of music, and Alice Chater wishes she had the amount of promo Ava Max gets.
27) AURORA - Not really into this one, just sorta flat line.
28) Hannah Trigwell - I think this is the dark horse winner people aren't expecting. What a powerful pop song.
1554 days 14 hours ago
bibbles
01) Kylie Minogue – still not finding this as good as her early stuff. Its okay.
02) Jessie Ware – got a feeling I will struggle to find enough songs to give points, so grating female singer might get a point!
03) Jetta – doesn’t flow well, its goes against the grain!
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA – second time in a week didn’t make this feel any better!
05) Dagny – its okay, her voice is quite standard, its quite repetitive.
06) PVRIS – as I said before, I love pvris but she swore!
07) Kelsea Ballerini – its okay, not too bad, not something I would listen to again, unless it was in a contest of course!!
08) MARUV – went on a bit, didn’t change much!
09) SYML – really liked this one!
10) Lea Rue – its not too bad, it’s a bit dreary in places, but its okay.
11) Aura Dione – thinks this sounds worse second time round!
12) EVERGLOW – first bit of kpop, better than most ive heard so far.
13) Conan Gray – could lose that first bit, its not a film!!
14) Aly Ryan – her voice is a tad annoying and there are some annoying bits. Its okay.
15) Now United – was hoping this wouldn’t get through!!
16) HYO & 3LAU – had bit of a kpop afternoon, listening to black swan and the new one ego!! Now this!!
17) Charlotte Lawrence – boring!!
18) Normani – does nothing for me!
19) Iveta Mukuchyan – not a fan!
20) Kesha – hells still not frozen over yet!
21) Kelli-Leigh – that bip bop noise really doesn’t do anything for this song!
22) The Unlikely Candidates – love it!
23) Ashley O – her voice is quite irritating.
24) Ailee – grew on me! Could it be the brainwashing!!
25) 5 Seconds of Summer – its quite catchy! I quite like it!
26) Alice Chater annoying, grating!
27) AURORA – shes a bit twee, but its okay, some of the background, I can hear merry Christmas mr Lawrence!!
28) Hannah Trigwell – tad annoying!
1554 days 13 hours ago
adeleadele
01) Kylie Minogue- This is destined to flop, but honestly it was a fun bop! Its nothing that special, but still good! (1 Point)
02) Jessie Ware- I was really bored, idk how this got 2nd. Not much to say just cuz its so bland. (DNP)
03) Jetta- I was quite enjoying this, but not too sure about the chorus, it sounded a bit messy? Although i like synths :P I like this, could of been better though! (2 Points)
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA- I'm honestly shocked this won TSC and was never entered before, considering it was released in 2015. 2015 was basically the first year i listened to artists from different areas of the world, i bumped into this and it was legit one of my most played songs in 2015, its lowkey nostalgic since i've not really gone back to this since like 2016, even the rap was honestly pretty good. I love this so much <3 (DNP)
05) Dagny- This is probably winning, and i would be fine with that tbh! Overall a really good pop song, and i love me some synths :p Great song! (7 Points)
06) PVRIS- Omg wtf, if the verses were as strong as the chorus this would of been amazing, but the verses are unfortunetely much weaker, they are just decent. but the chorus omg i stan! I'm gonna say i liked this a lot though! (5 Points)
07) Kelsea Ballerini- If i participated i would've prob gave this some high points, this was a female country serve! I overall really enjoyed this, its a bop! (DNP)
08) MARUV- The NF rule kinda screwed this one, i do remember not being a BIG fan of this at the start, but it grew on me.. and then we all know what happened lol. Why did the nf screw this one? Cuz i ranked it below a 70% score on first listen... which is below the "good" category, this song is really fun on more listens. I'm prob gonna get hated from Maruv fans cuz of the rule, although in theory its fair since i grade all songs on first listen and i should not grade this a 2nd time after listening to it like 10-15 times. (11th)
09) SYML- I was just kinda bored, it sounded fine, but was just not that interested in this. Meh. (13th)
10) Lea Rue- This is pretty unique! I enjoyed the listen throughout, could of been better but i still liked this! (6 Points)
11) Aura Dione- Naming ur song after a big artist... k. Ok honestly this was just so cute and quirky :p It has the country sound that i do enjoy, and the singer is likable! This song is sooo catchy too! I really liked this one :P (6 Points)
12) EVERGLOW- Basically a group version of "room shaker", which means ofc that i love this! I'm so happy that this actually won tsc, i would've given this high points too! (DNP)
13) Conan Gray- Its quite decent! I see why it did very well, i dont think i would give this points but could qualify! (DNP)
14) Aly Ryan- Eurovision National Final Season BIAS! Cuz i've played this song on repeat for weeks now, stop sending in my favs. (12 Points)
15) Now United- Um probably one of the most cringy music videos i have ever watched. Its annoyingly catchy, like for some reason im bopping too it and then im like ew. Its a guilty "kind of pleasure", but eh. (11th)
16) HYO & 3LAU- More K-POP :) This was pretty fun! I like the rapping in this tbh, and its just overall a really catchy song! I liked this one a lot :) (3 Points)
17) Charlotte Lawrence- Eh i was just kind of bored, not much to say about this then meh. (17th)
18) Normani- Surprised i liked this alot considering the singer. Its overall a very pleasent listen, and its a bop! Really liked this! (DNP)
19) Iveta Mukuchyan- "Armenian Girls" MY WIG! The dislikes are from Azerbaijanis :P I really liked this which is shocking since i did not really like her other songs. Might do well, might not but really really enjoyed this! (10 Points)
20) Kesha- I don't honestly know with this one. I really like the verses, but the chorus and the drop is just meh. A mixed bag for sure. (DNP)
21) Kelli-Leigh- This was overall a good track! I don't think anyone would give this high points but might get alot of low points. Nothing too special, but i still enjoyed it! (DNP)
22) The Unlikely Candidates- Eh this was very boring, the chorus is fine i guess. But was just not into it. (22nd)
23) Ashley O- Another song i wanted to send, but the song has a lot of the same lyrics from another song and did not wanna deal with a disqualification. I'm biased cuz i love black mirror, and the video is much darker when you know what Ashley had to go through (spoiler- drugged by her aunt and she controlled her to be a bubbly pop star when she really just wanted to be a rocker) and other fucked up shit happened lol. But i love this, Hey i'm Ashley Too! (10 Points)
24) Ailee- So this song was also entered in TWSC my new song contest which is a spinoff of tsc, she is representing South Korea! I already listened to it ofc and here is what i had to say "Another Queen! This song went OFF! This was such a bop, and i stanned this so much! LOVE! (10 Points)
25) 5 Seconds of Summer- Overrated at winning with 151 points. Tbh its pretty good though, not exactly my taste but not bad! (DNP)
26) Alice Chater- Yeah this was a bop, such a catchy pop song, and another well deserved winner! Loved this <3 (DNP)
27) Aurora- Hmm i was quite bored. I can see a lot of people enjoying this, but not me. It kind of got better as it went on? But still meh. (24th)
28) Hannah Trigwell- I really enjoyed this! The synths are great and the song is overall a bop! So many bops this edition! (6 Points)
1554 days 13 hours ago
Alexito
01) Kylie Minogue: I can't say anything bad about her song. Just a little average imo.
02) Jessie Ware: The way this song is told and sung is really impressive and it gets stuck in my head.
03) Jetta: Another song that I didn't remember just by the name but I do remember I really like it. I still think that production is a bit weak, it sounds dirty, not 100% clean.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA: It's catchy, I admit it but I've heard it so many times that I'm already bored of it.
05) Dagny: OMG Dagny! I love you for entering this! Once again it's kinda repetitive but in a good way, so who cares?
06) PVRIS: I'm a real fan of this song. Love everything from this, a real contender.
07) Kelsea Ballerini: lol, this song won? It isn't anything so special to make it win... Good enough.
08) MARUV: Another QUEEN! Probably one of the potential winners however I don't know if it's already overrated by people now.
09) SYML: It's not something I never heard before, but I can appreciate that it's not bad.
10) Lea Rue: I loved her in TSC, in ESCT and everywhere, it's so powerful and the dark melody caughts all my attention.
11) Aura Dione: Noooo, I don't like this song, she has so many better. What a waste :(
12) EVERGLOW: As other K-pop songs, I only like some parts and I dislike others and that's not enought to get some points I'm afraid.
13) Conan Gray: There's nothing bad to say about it, it's strong, punchy and I need more like this.
14) Aly Ryan: Queen of Germany and every country she wants to represent. I'm still so addicted to Wear Your Love. Please crown her as best of 2019 please.
15) Now United: OMG I totally forgot this song. It's a mix of a normal English song with some latin elements and it's so good tbh. However the chorus needs something else.
16) HYO & 3LAU: Of course K-pop around here. Not my style once again... sorry.
17) Charlotte Lawrence: The chorus is nothing outstanding but I caught my attention so bad and I think it's really interesting.
18) Normani: A very simple and linear song. I will probably forget it in the next 2 songs.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan: Not her best song, not gonna lie, but she's such a good artist and love her vocals.
20) Kesha: Tbh I expected much more from her. This entry left me cold, pretty weak in this semifinal.
21) Kelli-Leigh: Love the 80-90s sound, I'm really into this, however chorus would need a little punch. Pretty decent.
22) The Unlikely Candidates: Do I feel attracted by the lead singer and the drummer? Yes. Is my opinion about the song going to be influenced by that? Maybe. Being serious, it's a solid entry and I love this style.
23) Ashley O: When I listened to it for the first time, I hadn't watched her Black Mirror episode and I wasn't a big fan of her song but once I've watched her episode, I'm more into her song.
24) Ailee: I don't like the voice, or the electronic elements... nothing at all.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer: I'm bopping for it! So catchy and entertaining.
26) Alice Chater: I think it's an average entry but a good one. Sometimes I complain about average songs but I can't avoid enjoying them.
27) AURORA: I thought that she would never release something as good as "Running With The Wolves" but she proved me wrong.
28) Hannah Trigwell: I love every stop she makes with every sentence in the chorus. So addicted to this back in its edition and now.
1554 days 13 hours ago
QueenM1chelle
01) Kylie Minogue - Well, it's nice enough. I'm not a huge fan of Kylie so I'm not LOVING this but it was good for what it was. The chorus was the best part by far. // I'm not sure I see this holding up, now that it's in the final, & also in the first spot.
02) Jessie Ware - THROWBACK to Alicia & I's tie week </33. My only win of 2019. This song is absolutely STUN though, I wouldn't have minded losing to it. This is one of those songs that I won't binge listen to, but when I return to it, it's really good. // This qualifying is so good <33. It's in the death slot but that couldn't ruin a stunning song like this.
03) Jetta - We have arrived to the robbed queen of TSC 2019. Honestly, I never expected this song to be stanned as much as it was by some people, but I can see why it was because it's just so good! The chorus is seriously stunning. // We really are feeling the pressure rn, she's in the final! This song never gets old, everyone 20 her rn please.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - Definitely an.. interesting choice of entry for Best Of. Okay, I cannot drag this cause I'm dancing along with it, but I totally feel like Lorna could've sent something better. The chorus is quite underwhelming and IMO this song didn't deserve a win.. // This qualifying over Afrojack, gugudan and Weki Meki was a joke.
05) Dagny - Well this song definitely deserved to be a mainstream hit. It's a bop! I've come to the conclusion that I've listened to this song way too much because it's not hitting as hard as it used to. But I can still recognize how much she slayed. // Okay, listening to this more and more now, I'm getting back to loving it like I used to.
06) PVRIS - One of my FAVOURITE songs of the year for sure. PVRIS snapped with their new releases this year, and I'm still in awe of this song. Definite Q for me. // I was right y'all, it q'd. As it should, it's such a bop.
07) Kelsea Ballerini - Alicia said PERIOD when she entered this. It's a song from a genre I don't particularly LOVE, that I love, LOL. I really love the lyrical content as well, that adds to my enjoyment of it. // Happy she qualified! I think I underrated this when giving pts in Semi 1.
08) MARUV - I went from loving this, to pretending I didn't like it that much, back to loving it. I just have to stay true to myself and say that this is a bop. The way it would've slayed ESC... ugh I'm still mad. She's gonna do well luvs! // I was correct as usual. Queen.
09) SYML - It was definitely solid. I can't remember this tbh, probably another contest I missed lol. I kinda enjoyed it, like it has tonnes of elements I like, but somethings stopping me from LOVING it. Instruments are amazing though. // This doesn't belong in the final ;/
10) Lea Rue - The woman that stole what would have been a QueenMichelle win :(. I can't be mad though, this is spectacular. Every single time I listen to it, it gags me. It doesn't fade over time, as I've been listening to this for months and haven't got bored. I see this winning the entirety of Best Of, or even getting top 3... Icon. // WBK she was qualifying. She's a contender!
11) Aura Dione - I'm not sure if I'm finding her voice annoying or not, LOL? I can see that she's talented, but this song isn't really for me. She's trying her best though bless her. // The amount of songs that got robbed for this to go through... I'm slightly revolted.
12) EVERGLOW - I quote this song everyday IRL at some point LOL. GOODBYE, AU REVOIR, ADIOS. I feel like this had a greater impact when it just came out than it does now. Ofc, the drop is still killer. But it's lost a bit of its touch. It's iconic to me though, I mean c'mon, I quote it all the time lol. // I mean, obvi it was qualifying. It should do well.
13) Conan Gray - So, this song introduced me to Conan, and I love him. I'm a fan of his voice, and this song is really fun and enjoyable. It probably wouldn't be my fave song of his but obvi I got enjoyment out of it. // Would've preferred Duncan, but aight.
14) Aly Ryan - Queen of wanting to represent like 20 different countries in Europe. I'd honestly love her to represent Ireland with a bop like this, so Ireland could do well again! Sis better qualify. // She did what she had to do! Praying she does well.
15) Now United - I don't mind them, but the extremely extra, constant stanning of them as if they're bringing something totally original gets irritating! It's a nice listen, but if the TSC chat didn't mention them / this song every 2 seconds, I'd find it forgettable. All Day outsold.  // YOU SHOULD'VE JUST SAT THERE AND NQ'D.
16) HYO & 3LAU - Thank you to HYO for saving me after the last song. A defining moment of 2019. And yes, I am extremely punk right now. // I'm SO happy this qualified. DESERVED.
17) Charlotte Lawrence - Jesus, what a bop. Charlotte is actually an extremely versatile artist and I love quite literally all of her releases. But this song.. is just it. It's a massive serve! // Queen.
18) Normani - I appreciate how far Normani has come and this song was a killer debut. It's a bit too mainstream for TSC in my opinion though, I find it difficult to judge this alongside some of the other songs for some reason. I don't think I like this as much as I SHOULD. // It's not gonna hold up well for me in this final unfortunately.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - The absolute FLAVOUR that this song brought to TSC 2019. Like y'all really let it get 3rd place. To me, this song is a winner and I'm treating it as one, and my points will 1000% reflect that! The most iconic drop EVER. // I'm just so happy this qualified. Some peoples comments for this were weird af, but she got to the final so YAS.
20) Kesha - Definitely one of Kesha's best releases since her return. It's a whole bop. It took a while for me to fully appreciate it,  but I love it now and the chorus goes off. // We all knew she'd qualify!
21) Kelli-Leigh - Another bop! The thing that makes this song is 100% the production. I mean, she sounds great too, but I just live for the beat in this. The song itself is just very up my alley and it's nice hearing this again. // I'm glad she qualified, idk how this will do tho.. hm.
22) The Unlikely Candidates - Even though it's not my favourite thing ever, this does sound like a winner. The verses were very nice, actually that's my favourite part, which might seem weird to some people. It's just fine overall, I didn't go back to this before and I won't return to it after this probably. // I'm SHOCKED this qualified over like half of the NQ's LMAO.
23) Ashley O - I hate to say it, I do, but this song really is overrated here. This is gonna get so many undeserved 20s when there's people like Iveta waiting to claim her win. I do like the song, but it ain't as revolutionary as y'all like to think it is. // It q'd, no ones surprised. The fact that this is winning is kinda nasty.
24) Ailee - When this song lost </333, robbed goddess. I really like Ailee, she's a badass and this is one of her best songs for me. Definitely worthy of being in Best Of, and I sense a qualifier. // I love being right.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - I don't know why I sat on this for a few weeks just so Patrick could snatch it up, and get a landslide win. Kinda still upset about that lol, but this is a bop. One of 5SOS's best for sure. // I kinda get winner vibes from them but they won't cause of the boner for Ashley O.
26) Alice Chater - *puts my best dress on* - What a queen. People can pretend this ain't her best song, but it just is! She's an up & coming pop princess and I cannot WAIT to see her slay 2020. // I'm so happy my girl qualified.
27) AURORA - It's definitely a stunning song. I've always loved her music and this is no exception. A great choice from Miss Rodrigo, hope it does well. // Honestly didn't expect her to be the final qualifier!
28) Hannah Trigwell - Pop perfection. The synth gets me every single time, and the chorus is unique, hard hitting & just an overall serve. I wish I could go back to the first time I heard this, because I was so gagged. Defo gonna be top 10 in the finals. // Hannah Trigwell vs Ashley O for the win??
1554 days 13 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Kylie Minogue - Unexpected opener. I guess Rick said fuck Eoin's drag. I'm a big proponent of Kylie Minogue in general, and while I like this, it just isn't one of my favourites from her overall discography.
02) Jessie Ware - This was unfortunately extremely fitting to be death slotted. It's stunning in every sense of the word, but is simply too refined for the level of shallow, homosexual taste that prevails in this group. Considering boosting my points for this to spite the gays.
03) Jetta - This and Selfish Love are probably the two most artistic songs in this final, so I don't understand putting them back-to-back unless the intention was to actively sabotage both. This is more accessible than Selfish Love because it has a clearer pop identity, but it doesn't cave into the mainstream. Jetta's mind amazes me.
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA - Cheap, overdone pop that is hard for me to resist. INNA and Alexandra are two of the most influential girls on the Romanian pop music scene. They've brought Romanian music and culture onto the international stage. Locals from Argentina to Morocco, in their words, likely know about their existence. That is a powerful accomplishment.
05) Dagny - Katy should thank Dagny for reviving her career by giving her the rights to this. Dagny reinvented pop music for the next generation of homosexual audiences and pop girls alike. I don't think this is the winner because it's likely overshadowed by heavier hitters, but I'm hoping for a top 10 result in the works.
06) PVRIS - Relieved to see this in the final, showing that taste isn't dead after all. Their sound has clearly evolved, and it's an evolution I'm glad to be a part of. Death of Me feels liberating. It breaks musical conventions, yet still feels accessible to the mainstream. PVRIS have straddled the perfect balance of both worlds. Everything about this appeals to me. I'm such a fan.
07) Kelsea Ballerini - A very strong country-pop effort by Kelsea. However, it begins to feel mundane after several listens. I'm not sure if the running order does this any favours either, but a placement in the overall top 28 is as respectable as it gets for a song like this.
08) MARUV - I'm certain that most people in this group are over this song and MARUV in general, but I'm still banging. This is pure sex. We're not worthy.
09) SYML - I guess I was a heterosexual in a past life because I really like this. The instrumentation is fantastic, and the vocal isn't overly strained or anything. This song isn't trying too hard to be edgy and alternative. It strips indie rock to its roots and provides a contagious chorus for the ears to enjoy. I also support surprise qualifiers!
10) Lea Rue - If this group wasn't so gay I'd be calling this a potential winner, but I think the homosexuals will override this with other more stereotypical pop 'bangers'. But don't get it twisted, Watching You is a banger in its own right. I understand calling the vocal monotonous, but the instrumental is haunting, and gripping from start to finish.
11) Aura Dione - Country pop at its simplest form while giving an ode to Shania Twain, and it works. This didn't need any additional bells or whistles to make it stand out; that would have been overkill.
12) EVERGLOW - Everything about this reinvents what it means to be a banger. Do your favourite Kpop girlies go as hard as EVERGLOW do? I don't think so. The drop is one of the most riveting things to happen to the genre. This is the gold standard.
13) Conan Gray - I'm glad to see this in the final. It was a pleasant surprise. Everything about this appeals to me on paper including the vocal, the synth, and the actual production of the music video. This is LGBT excellence.
14) Aly Ryan - Pop perfection. It's a shame that this was more so a fluke than a testament to Aly's musical prowess, because every single other release of hers pales in comparison to Wear Your Love. I've said it before but I'll say it again: if Kim Petras released this song it would have become an international hit. The chorus is UNIVERSAL.
15) Now United - Everything about this is manufactured garbage. I don't buy the display of diversity for a second, because the most prominently featured singers are the attractive white ones for the audience to swoon over. The pandering is extremely transparent. This is horrible, contrived, and I imagine actively putting countries at war rather than bringing them together. A big, giant, nasty BOOT in every imaginable sense of the word.
16) HYO & 3LAU - I take back every single thing I said about EVERGLOW because it actually applies to this instead. Adios is a close second to everything that Punk Right Now accomplishes. I'm relieved the semi-final voters were feeling so punk right now.
17) Charlotte Lawrence - This track is dark, brooding, mysterious, and so infectious after multiple listens. Where is the universal acclaim for this girl? She deserves it.
18) Normani - I think Normani is my favourite member of Fifth Harmony because her music feels so genuine to her. Nothing about this feels staged or manufactured. She combines pop and hip-hop elements so seamlessly. This isn't one of my favourite songs of the contest, but I respect the hell out of it and it IS an enjoyable listen. Well done.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan - I love this wall of noise in the chorus that Iveta serves up. She knows how to do an ethnic banger justice.
20) Kesha - Kesha's musical journey astonishes me. I feel like she wasn't respected at all until Rainbow, which was a triumphant return for her to music. But now that it's been a few years since her return, Kesha is out here serving up the kind of bangers that we all originally fell in love with her over. This is fun, cute, catchy, and so damn likeable.
21) Kelli-Leigh - I feel like Kelli-Leigh is the black (dark) horse of the competition. This song provides such a fun, throwback sound that I've been longing for. There's a reason this has been on repeat for me for months. How can you possibly resist this?
22) The Unlikely Candidates - Everything about this was UNLIKELY, and I support them for it. It's extremely telling if you win over a bunch of washed up homosexuals with an indie rock song like this. The song is so well produced and not alienating at all. It's contagious as hell, and so much fun!
23) Ashley O - On a Roll is such a clever commentary on what it means to be a woman in the pop music industry. Female artists are "on a roll" achieving their goals, until it all comes crashing down. They're so full of ambition until societal pressure breaks them down and causes them to scrape the bottom of the barrel musically to stay relevant. In the end, they sadly "get what they deserve" as they fall into obscurity as society moves on to the next pop girl. That is absolutely terrifying, but Miley manages to visualize it in both song and video form. Now THAT is brilliance.
24) Ailee - This is one of the main pillars of 2019 Kpop along with Adios by EVERGLOW. This is filled with sass, attitude, and energy. Great song.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer - This is easily their best song for me. It revolutionizes what it means to be a boy band. It's quite rare for male groups that were originally designed to pander to young girls to release something so sophisticated as this. Excellence.
26) Alice Chater - It's criminal that this girl isn't a global phenomenon. Even if not all of her songs are big favourites of mine, there's no denying she releases anything BUT pop perfection. We're not worthy of artists like Alice continually blessing us with bangers despite knowing they'll receive no recognition from society.
27) AURORA - Aurora's place in the running order between two pop bangers is unfortunately fitting. You can argue that this will get lost in the mix, but I think its appeal will be even more prevalent considering its running order.
28) Hannah Trigwell - Surprising choice to close the contest. I didn't realize Rick was on Johnny's payroll. I've been open about this not being one of my favourites, but objectively speaking it's very strong. The chorus is perfection. I imagine this remains a potential winner.
1554 days 12 hours ago
Zurks
01) Kylie Minogue – It’s a nice enough song.
02) Jessie Ware – I quite enjoyed this but there are better song in this contest for me.
03) Jetta – I really liked this, great song!
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA – I keep enjoying this more with each listen.
05) Dagny – This was pleasant and passed along nicely in the background.
06) PVRIS – The opening reminded me of Pumped Up Kings. Like it but don’t love it.
07) Kelsea Ballerini – This was good too, I was expecting something sad and romantic.
08) MARUV – Nice but didn’t really make much of an impression on me.
09) SYML – I like this but don’t think it will go far.
10) Lea Rue – I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.
11) Aura Dione – Loved Geronimo but not this, sorry.
12) EVERGLOW – It was OK, I think I would love k-pop more if the entire songs were in English. Not sure why since I don’t mind French songs.
13) Conan Gray – I enjoyed this again. The video is fun to watch too.
14) Aly Ryan – I was not into this, sorry.
15) Now United – It was nice enough but I couldn’t really get into it.
16) HYO & 3LAU – I wasn’t into this one either, sorry.
17) Charlotte Lawrence – I used to love listening to this after you first submitted it and think I overdid it.
18) Normani – I find this really catchy.
19) Iveta Mukuchyan – Something about this was catchy.
20) Kesha – Enjoyed the song, nothing new to add from my last comment.
21) Kelli-Leigh – An enjoyable song.
22) The Unlikely Candidates – I still like this song from last week.
23) Ashley O – Not huge on this but generally not huge on Miley Cyrus anyway.
24) Ailee – OK, but not really my thing.
25) 5 Seconds of Summer – I have been listening to this a lot this weekend.
26) Alice Chater – I have mixed thoughts on this, I keep changing my mind.
27) AURORA – This was pretty enjoyable, I liked how it picked up.
28) Hannah Trigwell – A very catchy end to the show.
1554 days 11 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01) Kylie Minogue- Alright this is a bit of a snap specially at the chorus. Like the verses are a tad bkeh but that chorus truly did that to be honest
02) Jessie Ware- Somethinng really draws me to this mid to low tempo pop song. I don’t know what it is and I think it’s too lowkey for me but it’s intriguing
03) Jetta-  Really alternative however the verses are pretty fine. The chorus is kinda weird I wish the beat would change a little more troughout it. This is ok
04) Alexandra Stan & INNA- This is the typical Balkan trash I COULD GO FOR but I don’t particularly love the drop on this one sorry
05) Dagny- Why was Katy Perry allowed? Anyways, this is legit Never Really Over but with worse vocal delivery. Which is what turns me off from this. I dont like her voice, I said what I said
06) PVRIS- This is more my speed very synth based and dark. Just for the style itself it should be able to snatch a few points from me
07) Kelsea Ballerini- Alicia at her finest. Also country pop at its finest. Why care about Aura Dione when Kelsea is right here? Empowering lyrics and song, beautifully sung and country but not too country to turn me off of it
08) MARUV- We all know this, we all love or loved this at the time. It kinda holds up. The horns start to annoy me but I like it anyways
09) SYML- Too retro for me. It has a few synths I like here and there but overall it’s just not for me
10) Lea Rue- Amazingly crafted dark song. This really is right up my alley, it took a little for me to get around to it but now I did I adore it
11) Aura Dione-  Ok this one is another one I don't get. It just has too much of a country sound to it for my taste I guess but I just dont get why people like it so much.
12) EVERGLOW- BANGER. My second fav kpop song of the year. Enough said
13) Conan Gray- See this is kind of retro but here I’m into it because it doesn’t go full on out with retro and keeps it a not grating pop song
14) Aly Ryan- One of my favorite ESC rejects, Wear Your Love is an amazing pop tune. It is a shame Aly Ryan was up against the clearly better song 'Sister' by S!sters but its still an iconic pop song.
15) Now United- Just as I thought: trash. Now really this is catchy but trashy
16) HYO & 3LAU-  I FEEL SO PUNK RIGHT NOW. This was such a grower once it got entered here like damn Hyo came THROUGH with this one. Ya go girl
17) Charlotte Lawrence- This song is really good for me it has the really dark synths I love. I prefer the verses much more then the chorus but I like this
18) Normani- This one actually grew on me like hell. Normani is working it like yas girl do it
19) Iveta Mukuchyan-  *claps at Rick* FUCK YES. This ethno pop trash is just giving me life and it hasnt lost a single bit of its perfection since the very first contest of the year. That part in the MV the girls are flexing their butts on the benches made me slightly straight
20) Kesha- I really dislike this im sorry I don’t like the sound it’s too aggressive for me at the chorus I just cant with it
21) Kelli-Leigh- this one wants to be alternative but still be pop and doesn’t commit to either which makes me not be able to get into it
22) The Unlikely Candidates- This one I remember liking it reasonably. It’s still a nice alternative/rock song but I’m still not in love with it and it will probs not get points
23) Ashley O- BABY IM A HOE. Another ironic stan. Its catchy, but I feel like for me it may get lost on this sea of bigger competitors. Either way iconic, oh honey...
24) Ailee- I like this. I like the the chorus a lot and all. I think I’m here it’s gonna get lost but I do like
25) 5 Seconds of Summer- I listen to this a LOT. It’s rock and raunchy and darky but just enough of everything to not turn me off of it
26) Alice Chater- Hourglass is much better then this. It’s good but I had high expectations for miss Alice and I feel like they weren’t met
27) AURORA- I mean its my song
28) Hannah Trigwell- Ok now this one I find so overrated. Like its not bad by all means I may even give this points I dont know but I just dont think its all that like some people make it out to be. Still, I like this
1554 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Results starting soon.
1554 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
Before we start, just a quick reminder on who is who.

Aquamarine - Hannah Trigwell
catch_a_falling_star - Lea Rue
CharlieBibi - Ailee
CharlieBibi - MARUV
DanielKennedy111 - Ashley O
DanielKennedy111 - Charlotte Lawrence
Eoin - Kesha
Eoin - Kylie Minogue
Fritzyyyyy - Aly Ryan
Fritzyyyyy - PVRIS
ianfitz0012 - Normani
Insanity - HYO & 3LAU
LornaHollas - Alexandra Stan & INNA
LornaHollas - Aura Dione
Patrick319 - 5 Seconds of Summer
Patrick319 - Dagny
PennyTrationStan - Kelli-Leigh
PoohSnap - Conan Gray
PrincessTeePee - Jessie Ware
PrincessTeePee - Kelsea Ballerini
QueenMichelle - Alice Chater
QueenMichelle - Jetta
ricktworick1 - EVERGLOW
ricktworick1 - Iveta Mukuchyan
rodrigueseve - AURORA
Talian - Now United
Talian - The Unlikely Candidates
Zurks - SYML
1554 days 11 hours ago
Eoin
Dua Lipa - Physical
1554 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
GIVE IT UP FOR LAST YEAR'S WINNER

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!