This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 374 Final

Topic » TSC 374 Final

1668 days 4 hours ago
Darbe
01 - malou prytz: is this a Moonrise Kingdom pastiche music video? that's pretty cool. anyway, she has a good voice, but the song lacks a bit in personality. i don't like the hook, lyrics of that calibre do nothing for me.
02 - fergie: i like the vision more than the execution. lyrics are substantial, but i don't think her singing style matches the essence of this song which needs to be more gentle. at least she tried doing something different. if there was a 1 handed front flip here it would've got my 12. missed opportunity.
03 - king no-one: FINALLY we have some strong indie-pop being submitted. this is the sort of track i want UK to submit to ESC instead of the cliches. this was really good!!
04 - meduza, becky hill and goodboys: this was average. as always, becky is serving good vocals, but this track isn't really offering anything new. i expect it'd be decent enough in a nightclub.
05 - alle farben & ilira: remember the time that ilira didn't want to be associated with shitty non-quality shows like ESC because she made good quality music then released extra fries? fun times. tysm whoever submitted this instead. this was actually pretty cute melodically.
06 - keri hilson: am i the only one who has never heard this song before? anyway yeah this just kinda sounds like a less interesting version of Te Amo (with a hint of miss independent) so now im gonna listen to that instead
07 - cellar door moon crow: idk what it is lately but all the rock submissions have strong verses/instrumentals but some whack ass chorus that sounds out of place and ruins it for me. wasted potential.
08 - foxes: a song i know all the words to was submitted!! foxes always serves quality and this is one of her strongest songs. very feel-good. it makes me want to leave my bedroom and have reckless fun with my friends :o
09 - duke dumont, zak abel: i'm struggling to even find anything to say about this. not a style of music i would usually care for and this track didn't change my mind on that. generic, soulless and boring.
10 - miss A: the chorus was really good and i got kinda excited but then there was no fucking drop? i hate unnecessary drops but this NEEDED one. the instrumental offers absolutely nothing to this track. very mixed feelings.
11 - LOVA: her diction isn't great, i struggled hearing a lot of the lyrics. i did quite like this though. it's not wow or anything but it is pretty pleasant to listen to and i expect it'll have strong replay value
12 - hanne mjoen: she sounds emotionally distant from the song. the verses are stronger than the chorus. it's an average attempt at an indie-pop song but doesn't have enough personality or soul despite trying to sound kinda deep.
13 - chloe lilac: edgy. i could see why some ppl would find this boring. i find it kinda cool kinda average.
14 - caroline polachek: sounds like it would fit in with marina's froot album. this is by far the most textured track so far, it sounds very rich & mature. flows very nicely. a lot of elements i really like here and the concept is interesting.
15 - destra: i am certainly not the demographic for this kind of stuff. this is just noisy and way too rapid. 
16 - simple plan & state champs: this sounds standard and fine as far as punk goes, it's just not a genre that does much for me bar exceptional circumstances. way too american sounding.
17 - against the current: this really is the week of indie pop huh? this is very much in my taste range. there are a few elements i wish were stronger (the random 2 second silence before going into another verse was unnecessary), but i like it as a whole.
18 - cailin russo & chrissy costanza: melodically and lyrically this reminds me of a more lowkey sia song with a bit less personality. i didn't hate it but idc enough to listen again.
19 - dj snake, sean paul & anitta: she sounds bored as she's singing and i'm bored listening. this is so average. even sean paul couldn't save this.
20 - BANKS: rodrigo? i've been meaning to check out this artist for a while but the 2 songs i've heard haven't really blown me away. i like the idea of this song more than it's execution. it's alright.
21 - adam jensen: they have some weird effects in the second verse which had me convinced i had opened a video in another tab or something. yeah i was bored by this, it lacked any kind of personality.
22 - betty who: oh i like betty who so i'm honestly not surprised she's never made it to single digits cus that's how things seem to work in tsc. this isn't revolutionary and its certainly not her best track but it's a huge upgrade over the last few tracks. i like her cute soft vocals as always <3
23 - carlos vera: this song is a standout! it's big & obnoxious but that matches the mood of the song and lyrics so i ain't mad. this is like a more edgy version of a nick jonas track maybe lol? thx for waking me up.
24 - bishop briggs: fun fact i submitted this song initially but then sent johnny a 2nd email to replace my choice - lets hope i made the right choice. not shocked to see this track here. her songs always sound pretty badass. this one is a bit messy - her timing seems off with the instrumental in the chorus?? but the whisper and hard beat combination is rly cool!! JEKYLL AND HYDEING ME AGHHH
25 - judah & the lion: the verses are pretty good honestly and gave me pretty high hopes for this song, but the chorus was boring and so one-note. mixed feelings.
1667 days ago
Alexeh23
01) Malou Prytz - Yeah there’s a reason I sent I Do Me and not this. This is okayyyy but very monotone and a bit of a non event overall. Like I’ve heard this at least 5 times and still struggle to remember anything about it when I’m done.
02) Fergie - Lmao this feels so strange coming from her. It’s alright but would probably take a few listens for me to really get used to. Got some melodically nice parts and a nice backing but I couldn’t hugely get into it as a whole, sadly.
03) King No-One - Pretty run-of-the-mill British indie rock, it’s fine, not something I’m really a huge fan of unless it’s done really well and this wasn’t hugely. Nice enough listen, if not a little inoffensive and forgettable
04) Meduza, Becky Hill - Came across this when looking this week but much like most of Becky’s recent releases it’s great vocally but otherwise I didn’t think much (or anything) of it. My opinion hasn’t changed with this listen, still feels rehashed, doesn’t offer anything new at all.
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - I LOVE the sheer quality of this song. Okay I looked at the lyrics for this song and it took FOURTEEN PEOPLE to write this lyrical garbage. Bitch I could’ve done that by myself when I was 5. Eurovision is not worthy. Yeah ILIRA was fun when I thought she was in on the joke of her trashy basic lyrics but now she’s not it just feels awk. Musically this was kinda fun I guess but nothing I’d come back to.
06) Keri Hilson - ok keri
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - Idk if I’m just not in the mood for TSC today but I didn’t like anything about this either. Vocal could’ve worked with something else but nothing was saving that song.
08) Foxes - I can’t believe I’m 12ing this Foxes album filler she accidentally filmed a MV for and released as a single. Not her best, but it’s a pretty solid Foxes song which will do well with me in the best of weeks.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - This had potential but ended up being really monotonous. For a dance track this actually bored the shit out of me I’m sorry.
10) miss A - I wanted to like this a lot more than I actually did because the chorus is really catchy and melodically it’s really nice but I kept hoping it was going to be more than it actually was. It grew on me as it went on and it’s definitely not bad but I was a little underwhelmed.
11) LOVA - Ooh I really liked this actually. Really liked her voice and the whole chilled vibe without being too chilled. Tropical chorus still felt fresh, liked the message, enjoyed this as a whole. Very radio friendly.
12) Hanne Mjøen - Pretty decent, not as good as her first entry but an enjoyable listen. Yeah really nice to listen to, not sure I’ll ever come back to it but it’s definitely good. Grew on me as it went on. I think I said her first entry was very CRJ and this feels similar.
13) Chloe Lilac - This was almost really good but loses momentum quickly. Shame, there was a lot of potential but I was left underwhelmed. It’s okay.
14) Caroline Polachek - Couple of my friends LOVE her but I’ve never really felt it. This was more of the same, it’s okayyyy but nothing really special. I get it and don’t dislike it, just not really into it myself.
15) Destra Garcia - This was nice, catchy, serves its purpose I guess. Not in love but it’s good for a fun one time listen.
16) Simple Plan, State Champs - i respect it but it ain’t me :///
17) Against The Current - I see they’ve gone in the Echosmith indie pop direction… yeah this is pretty fun I guess no real complaints. A toe tapper.
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - Sia song with less personality pretty much nails this one. Another one’s that’s fine but I really struggle to care about. Violin part is good but otherwise I really have nothing to say about this.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - DJ Snake’s track record of not releasing a single song I can tolerate continues. Both Sean and Anitta can do better than this.
20) BANKS - Her new music is definitely growing on me. Haven’t heard this one before but WOW I wish I had. Kinda really fucked me up, possibly one of her best. Really enjoyed this, go off BANKS.
21) Adam Jensen - Netflixpop is back for season 368! Much like Netflix shows themselves they were alright the first couple of times but then they drag it out over and over again and we all just struggle to care about them like they’re fine to watch but every time I get the chance to watch them I choose not to or quit after 10 minutes because I’m bored or have something else I’d rather do. That was how I felt about this probably very fine song that passed me by.
22) Betty Who - Nothing groundbreaking but an enjoyable enough listen. Kinda lowkey FIFA soundtracky in a way. Decent pick.
23) Carlos Vera - This is Carlos's first ever entry to TSC! Really? We haven’t seen this obnoxious basic boring white man six times before? This song made me feel sick but I get the appeal to it I guess.
24) Bishop Briggs - She was getting a bit samey with Champion etc all kinda blurring into one but this feels like something new from her while still feeling like Bishop. Yeah I really liked this, not her best but it’s very enjoyable.
25) Judah & The Lion - The chorus REALLY let this down like I was ready to give this overwhelming praise the way it was building but it really fell flat in the chorus. A shame.
1665 days 11 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Malou Prytz - Johnny can't even spell her name right. BAN HIM FROM EVER HOSTING AGAIN! I think a few weeks ago in the Skype chat I mentioned how this should be entered, but I never expected people to legitimately fight for it as if they were racing for a winning contender. Sure, it's a nice pop song, and I prefer it to I Do Me depending on the mood I'm in, but it's not *that* special.

02) Fergie - "Fergie has been entered to TSC once". We should have counted all her BEP appearances. I know this song tbh. The verses here are nothing special, but the build up into the first chorus is good. The chorus has great pacing as well. Not a bad selection.

03) King No-One - This sounds like an iAyeEye entry. I think this sound has been done better before (ie. OUTLYA), but I quite enjoy the chorus. I'm not sure if this is getting any points from me, but it was a pleasant listen alright.

04) Meduza, Becky Hill, Goodboys - Becky Hill has been quite underrated in TSC. I don't think this is her best, but it has a decent rhythm. The production on this feels extremely familiar. This should be completely up my alley, but it feels a bit tired. It feels like I've heard it all before.

05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - FUCK ILIRA.

06) Keri Hilson - Besting 19th shouldn't be a huge difficulty. Parts of this are nice, but it sounds a bit too dated for my liking, and not in a good way.

07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - Nearly everything about this is putting me off. The instruments aren't bad, but the vocal is dreadful. The chorus is extremely clunky and noisy. This is actually painful.

08) Foxes - Congrats on finding the last Foxes song with a music video that hasn't been entered. I was shocked when I discovered that about Body Talk last year! Anyways, this is far from Foxes' best, but her entire discography is excellent so we're still talking about a high-quality track. This could win lmao.

09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - I came across this while song searching. It starts off quite good, but fades into nothingness rather quickly. The chorus definitely brings it back to life. I just wish the verses had more texture and personality instead of relying on the same tired production that so many songs of this genre utilize over and over again, including song #4.

10) miss A - This feels like it was produced in 2009. Okay, it was released in 2013 so we're not talking about a new release here. I'm kind of... bored? This passed me by without leaving much of an impression whatsoever.

11) LOVA - Nice production. Clear vocal. The song is good but I just wanted something more. This week is failing to impress me so I want to be blown away by something spectacular, and this isn't fitting the criteria.

12) Hanne Mjøen - Fun fact this won WorldVision on the r/popheads subreddit. I don't think I prefer this to her last song which I didn't even give points to so that should tell you how I feel about this. I will point out that the chorus is quite good, and has an excellent electro-pop sound that I really dig. The problem is that the rest of the song sounds quite dull.

13) Chloe Lilac - This song makes me glad that summer is over.

14) Caroline Polachek - I've criticized some of this weeks songs for essentially "lacking personality", and not providing anything new. Now that can definitely be applied to this song as well, and that would be a completely valid critique, but I don't care. I'm willing to put all that aside because I REALLY LIKE THIS. Yes, I had it on my list, and I've been listening to it quite a bit lately. I just think it's such a chill track, and I love Caroline's vocal here. The transition from the verses to the pre-chorus is executed well, and the chorus delivers an additional little boost of energy that was needed. This song just makes me feel good. It feels lighthearted and care free. It's not trying to reinvent the wheel, so I'm able to enjoy it as a little piece of pop music in isolation from everything else. Also is it just me or does Caroline look a lot like Holly Allen from Big Brother in the music video lmao?

15) Destra - I feel like once you've heard one song from this Caribbean carnival genre, you've heard them all. It's fine, but I've heard better.

16) Simple Plan & State Champs - I quite enjoy Simple Plan's old music, so my expectations for this were pretty high. It doesn't completely live up for me, and it's not much of a departure from their typical sound either. They have better, but it's not bad.

17) Against The Current - This is giving me Echosmith vibes, but with a bit of edge. The chorus has a nice pop melody, while the verses are a lot more aggressive. I like that contrast a lot. Easily the best rock song of the week.

18) Cailin Russo & Chrissy Costanza - Ok it's kind of funny that this is from League of Legends, because I'm pretty sure the last LoL song to be entered was by Against The Current, who we just listened to. I was hoping for something along the lines of Legends Never Die (by Against The Current), but it didn't live up. The chorus is good, but the rest of the song is very much bland and void of personality.

19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - The only Fuego I know is by Eleni Foureira. I don't actively dislike Sean Paul, but his features shorten the amount of replays I give a song that he's featured on. But I don't think Sean Paul is the biggest problem here. This sounds pretty slow, and I'm just not into it as much as I was hoping to be.

20) BANKS - I was really hoping that The Fall would be the next song of hers to get entered. This isn't my favourite track from the album but I must admit that it stands out this week quite nicely. I'm sure certain people will shit on it but this could emerge as a surprise contender. The chorus is really strong.

21) Adam Jensen - This has a nice rock sound that I typically enjoy, though I don't love Adam's vocal here. It's fine, but we've definitely heard better songs of this type in the contest's history.

22) Betty Who - I can't put into words how little I care about Betty Who's music. She has one good song. That's it. This was more of the same from her: BORING.

23) Carlos Vara - Oh, I'm liking this. It has a strong beat and vocal. The 'holy shit I'm smashed' bridge is a little cringe-worthy, but the chorus saves it. Yup, the chorus is excellent, and easily the best part of the song.

24) Bishop Briggs - I was ready to completely write this off until it picked up at around the 0:25 mark. This is dark, edgy, avant-garde, and ultimately infectious. Easily her best song since Dream. WELL DONE.

25) Judah & the Lion - Meh. This really isn't my thing at all. Mediocre end to this week's contest.
1665 days 6 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Malou Prytz – Why was Alan waiting weeks to enter this if this was her first entry? Confusia. Anyways I really like this. It’s not a deep song, but it’s really fun and catchy.
02) Fergie – I like an artist that goes in a new direction. Actually this is fantastic. Really great vocal and enjoyable. A pleasant surprise. :)
03) King No-One – I must be in a good mood, cos I like this one too. It’s not going  to be my absolute favourite but I like his vocal. I prefer the verses over the chorus though.
04) Meduza, Becky Hill – I prefer the song where the vocalist is like ‘wait a minute, how about daaa daaaaa daaa’ :p This is fine, a little exhausting to listen to haha. :p
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA – Geezus christ that vocal straight away cutting through my brain like a cheese knife. The second time the chorus happened, I actually quite liked it. It’s not a bad song…but I wonder how many people are going to mark her down for acting like a douche about Eurovision.
06) Keri Hilson – I can’t believe ‘return the favor’ did so badly is TSC. Maybe the person who  entered her didn’t vote? Anyways this sounds a little dated, I didn’t like the electro beats. It’s fine though, not something I’m going to run back to.
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow – My first solid ‘no’ of the morning, yeah not keen on this at all, whiny male rock vocal. NO thanks.
08) Foxes – I did think we hadn’t heard from Foxes in a while. Her music hasn’t moved with the times, she’s still producing the same songs. :p Yeah not overly keen on this, it’s fine, but I don’t like how she sounds during the chorus.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel – Isn’t it Steve that loves Zak Abel? :p This is a little ravey for a Sunday morning for me, Zak sounds good though. :p
10) miss A – Parts of this sounds like they are going to absolutely go off, but it sounds like they hold back. It’s weird cos it’s good, but just feels like they could have went off in the chorus and they didn’t. It’s still fine.
11) LOVA – A little bland, but it’ solid enough. I just don’t know what to write…it just kinda happened?
12) Hanne Mjøen – Well this wasn’t helped by following the last song. Thanks god the chorus picked but that isn’t enough for me to give this high points, but you never know it may sneak in the top 10.
13) Chloe Lilac – The swearing wasn’t needed. But these last 3 songs should haven been spread out random.org did them dirty haha :p Not re4ally enjoying this tbh.
14) Caroline Polachek – Honestly a change of pace is needed….badly. I probably like this the most out of the last fourt songs, but still  it’s just a little bland. It lacks that absolute standout moment. It’s fine…and that last gasp was awful.
15) Destra Garcia – 1st, 6th, 26th…sounds like my TSC trajectory :p well no as it took me so long to actually do well here. At least it’s jolly, but it’s a little manic for me personally haha :p
16) Simple Plan, State Champs – Blloooooooooooooalaoaoaoaoaoaoaoao… not my type of my music I’m afraid, I suppose this sounds really dated as well as this sounds like we’ve gone back to the early 2000s haha.
17) Against The Current – Easily one of the better entries here, toe-tappingly good. Love the vocal, great song…good choice chicken. :)
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza – Iront of this being put after Against the current haha :p This culture of gaming is so interesting. It’s so massive you have original songs written for it and fully animated music videos haha :p Song itself is fine, I like the dark atmosphere. :)
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta – I better not diss Sean Paul or Tolis will enter him in exactly 10 contests again and find every featured song he has ever been. Not keen sorry. Anitta can save it slightly….but only slightly.
20) BANKS – Banks debuting with a 31st is a mood. :p This is cool, I like the dark atmosphere, but the song is a little bit of a slog until he chorus.
21) Adam Jensen – Boo booo ploo ploo, not for me if I’m being honest. I’m not keen on anything here.
22) Betty Who – Betty only just making a top 10 once :p This is weak for her standards so I can’t see another top 10…chorus is fine, but fine ain’t good enough.
23) Carlos Vera – Best male of the night for me for sure, I hated the woof phooph but though, but the song itself is fun and I was moving my little feet.
24) Bishop Briggs – 1st 1st 23rd ooph :p I don’t like this….the wompa wompa noise was a little annoying and her vocal was shaky af :p
25) Judah & The Lion – a boring end…sleep time, let me go back to bed. :p I don’t know what else to say, I hope Bibbles gets her life I guess?
1665 days 5 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. Super catchy and fun song. I really enjoyed this
2. I feel if this was sung by pink it would be a hit. It's a shame double duchess flopped because there are good songs on there. Oh well at least she has the Wendy Williams theme song...
3. Funky kind of vibes coming from this, definitely something you can jam to
4. Grew on me as it went along, it's quite catchy and I like the combination of the two voices
5. Not her best entry, it doesn't leave much of an impact
6. I hope she can beat her personal best! Nelly really brings the song down but I enjoy the rest of it
7. It has a nice build up to the chorus and I like the guitar
8. Not her best, but it's still a cute little bop
9. It's alright, might take a few listens to get into properly but a decent enough song
10. Felt more like an acoustic version of a song rather than the official version
11. For a song called "daddy issues" I was expecting more. This was quite bland
12. Quite disappointing, when it finished I had a feeling of "oh that's it?"
13. This just screams a song for posers!
14. Sounds a bit like marina and the diamonds. I dig it!
15. This started at level 100 so it didn't really have anywhere to go but it was still a fun lively listen
16. Sounds a bit like a cross between blink 182 and green day. I really like this!
17. It has a cool vibe and the chorus is catchy
18. It has potential but it feels so uninspired that it comes across as boring
19. I can't stand Sean Paul! I hated this, what a horrible experience
20. I find banks kind of overrated, I've never been blown away by any of their entries and this doesn't change that
21. Sounds like something that would be used in an advert
22. I really dig this, has slight 80s vibes to it
23. This had me hooked from the beginning! Loves it!
24. I like the creepy feel to it. It may take a few listens to fully appreciate it. Good song.
25. Meh! Forgot what it was like as soon as it finished
1665 days 4 hours ago
bibbles
01) Malou Prytz – not my sort of thing, its very familiar!
02) Fergie – cant stand Fergie, and this hasn’t changed my mind!!
03) King No-One – quite enjoyed this, quite old school. Hope you do better than I did with them!!
04) Meduza, Becky Hill – very repetitive, quite grating after a while!!
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA – that start is very syrupy, the tune is quite good, its okay!
06) Keri Hilson – its very samey, very predictable!
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow – best song so far! Which isn’t difficult!
08) Foxes – wonder how emma is doing? This was okay.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel – its okay, a bit annoying towards the end!
10) miss A – kpop with cpop, wheres the male kpop!!
11) LOVA – feels like ive already heard this tonight! Don’t like the bending of those notes!¬!
12) Hanne Mjøen – its okay, a bit twee!
13) Chloe Lilac – she sounds bored. And im done!
14) Caroline Polachek – the tune is okay, her vocals are kind of questionable!
15) Destra Garcia – not for me!!
16) Simple Plan, State Champs – you missed we the kings, 3rd time 17, 22, 11! Very busted, mc fly!!
17) Against The Current – her voice is really annoying!!
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza – its okay, heard worse.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta – nope, not for me!
20) BANKS – it was a bit of a dirge, a bit slow and noisy!
21) Adam Jensen – quite enjoyed that!
22) Betty Who – that was just annoying!!
23) Carlos Vera – didn’t like that at all!
24) Bishop Briggs – it was okay!
25) Judah & The Lion – I quite like this, it was good!
1665 days 2 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Malou Prytz - I mean this kinda slayed. Slow bop. Toot.
02) Fergie - On first listen this did nothing for me. But the video kinda slayd. Soft Toot.
03) King No-One - Yeah this isn't for me at all LMAO. Boot.
04) Meduza, Becky Hill - This is very Meduza. I'll dock points for it sounding like his last but overall Toot.
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - It's a toe tapper. I can see this getting old quickly though. Easiler her worst. Toot though.
06) Keri Hilson - LMAO this giving me late 2000s realness. I actually liked Nelly more in this than Keri. Toot.
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - We a re just gonna leave this. Boot.
08) Foxes - I  was looking for songs to submit from her recently. I feel she reached her peak. This is very safe and quite boring. It's JUST a Boot.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - It's very 2015. I didnt like this. Boot
10) miss A - This was very good in places. The verses let this down. Toot overall/
11) LOVA - This is very samey but I kinda liked it. Toot.
12) Hanne Mjøen - This was bad. BOOT
13) Chloe Lilac - Wow could you make a song more boring? BOOT
14) Caroline Polachek - The song was badbut the video was good. Soft boot.
15) Destra Garcia - Shoot. Saviour of music. I hope Lucy is proud of her wherever she is now which is probably coked out at a festival
16) Simple Plan, State Champs - Eh. Didnt hate it but not enough for a toot. Boot
17) Against The Current - I love these uys. TOOT swear this was entered before tho.
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - I enjoyed this. Very against the current LMAO. Toot
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - It's risky dropping a song called fuego her. I kinda liked. Soft Toot
20) BANKS - I dont get the hype. Boot
21) Adam Jensen - Don't hate this. A male singer getting a soft toot?
22) Betty Who - meh meh meh. agree with bibbles annoying . boot
23) Carlos Vera - lmao i reallt liked this. toot
24) Bishop Briggs -  its a no from me bishop. boot
25) Judah & The Lion - no. annoying. boot
1665 days ago
Insanity
Sorry for my comments being short this week, I had no time to sit down and listen this week so I made a playlist and listened in my car. I wrote my comments real quick based on what I remembered.

1. Malou Prytz - Nice summer vibe, but kind of plain. Really not a lot of personality to it.
2. Fergie - ok fergie. This was... different for her. Who asked for this? Certainly not I.
3. King No-One - Feels like I’d hear this at an American Eagle or something
4. MEDUZA - Not the most original sounding, it was aiight.
5. Alle Farben - I wanted to like it but I got bored/sick of it by the end
6. Keri Hilson - This is Keri's fifth entry to TSC finishing 20th, 19th, 19th, and 25th prior.
7. Cellar Door Moon Crow - Didn’t like anything about it! Also this band name feels like one of those “find your alternative rock band name” images where you use your initials to figure it out.
8. Foxes - Standard “not her best but still pleasant” entry
9. Duke Dumont - I didn’t mind the drop but it was really underwhelming overall
10. Miss A - It’s not gonna win but I have no choice but to stan
11. LOVA - Chorus kind of saves it. It’s alright.
12. Hanne Mjøen - Good progression. Kinda reminds me of Sigrid’s Strangers at times.
13. Chloe Lilac - Felt pretentious. Didn’t like it.
14. Caroline Polachek - I think I’ve seen this in my recommended videos. It’s got a cute vibe to it.
15. Destra - It still goes OFF but not like in an overly obnoxious way. One of the better entries from her.
16. Simple Plan - I don’t think they swore so grats on bibbles 12
17. Against The Current - we’ve gotten a lot of pop girlies so far that an alt rock girlie might do well
18. Cailin Russo & Chrissy Costanza - Surprisingly didn’t hate this
19. DJ Snake - When did we let Arek back in?
20. BANKS - Could’ve just skipped this tbh, but I didn’t <3
21. Adam Jensen - Straight people music. Some lyrics were dumb but it honestly wasn’t that bad.
22. Betty Who - Its fine. She never fully GOES there, but like... yeah.
23. Carlos Vara - I’m fine referencing drugs but the “puff puff pass” lyric before the chorus is so bad.
24. Bishop Briggs - see foxes
25. Judah & the Lion - Forgot this was on at one point. Didn’t like it.
1664 days 23 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Malou Prytz        it's very chill
02) Fergie        this is not a bop
03) King No-One        hey bibbs, i hope you liked this one
04) Meduza, Becky Hill        this was a bop
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA        this was a bop but like not a bop bop
06) Keri Hilson        this wasn't I Like
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow        gosh no
08) Foxes        not her best but i know some of yall will love it
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel        not his best... but still aiight (Duke obviously, don't care about the other guy)
10) miss A        this isn't hush hush
11) LOVA        i don't have daddy issues... i have daddu issues
12) Hanne Mjøen        i don't like these vocals
13) Chloe Lilac        if it was summer i would consider liking this
14) Caroline Polachek        she is not hot
15) Destra Garcia        not her best but i know some of yall will love it
16) Simple Plan, State Champs        felix is probably loving this
17) Against The Current        i wasn't loving htis
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza        not as good as Pop/Stars
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta        i love all of them
20) BANKS        i hope this gets 10th for the 10th entry
21) Adam Jensen        no thank you. have fun
22) Betty Who        i feel like this is the first betty who song that i've liked
23) Carlos Vera        i did not like this
24) Bishop Briggs        she's in town this week... i'm not going
25) Judah & The Lion        well i know this isn't doing well with me
1664 days 23 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Malou Prytz - Solid start to the contest. I actually considered whether to send it sometime soon, though decided against it.
2. Fergie - A change of direction for her, but I don't think this was the switch she necessarily needed. Don't think this sound really suits her.
3. King No-One - A bit groovy, a bit indie, a bit non-descript. Not bad by any means, but I don't think it's going to make much impact tonight.
4. MEDUZA, Becky Hill - Typical sound that Becky Hill is mostly involved in. I don't mind this, but this has been done better in the past.
5. Alle Farben & ILIRA - LMAO, who dared to enter her after this whole Eurovision drama fiasco? I admit that I actually quite like this song, though it's nowhere near ILIRA's best.
6. Keri Hilson - I actually remember listening to this song quite a lot in the past, and I am very glad that those times are over. This aged pretty damn badly, and well, her past results' pattern probably will not change.
7. Cellar Door Moon Crow - Sometimes you just need to look at the name of the artist to realise what sort of music they are doing. This is a prime example of that, and I am not exactly the audience that they are targeting.
8. Foxes - LMAO @ THIS FOXES SONG BEING FINALLY IN TSC. I have to admit that I really like this too. I wouldn't mind seeing her win for the 28425th time.
9. Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - I feel like Duke Dumont never really goes out of his comfort zone, similarly with Jax Jones, though the latter's music sounds much more current. I didn't mind this, but I feel like this could have been a bit stronger.
10. Miss A - Really enjoy this tune, despite the lack of proper chorus. Might surprise in terms of the results this week.
11. LOVA - Verses were a bit of a slop, the chorus slightly lifts this up. Overall, I don't think I will remember this by the end of the contest.
12. Hanna Mjoen - First thing I was reminded of was Sigrid, and I realised that Steven already put a reference to her. Our minds. Anyway, the tune itself is actually quite nice, pretty good entry overall.
13. Chloe Lilac - I feel like there's nothing much that can be said about this except for "it's alright."
14. Caroline Polachek - Admittedly quite basic, but I got to say that this was a pleasant listen. Will most likely score some decent points from me considering how this contest is going so far.
15. Destra Garcia - Been quite awhile since she last appeared in TSC. Typically manic just like other songs by her, but this is a much needed change of pace as this contest has so far been filled with so many middle-of-the-road entries.
16. Simple Plan, State Champs - Never really liked their style, and I can hear they have not really changed it. I will pass.
17. Against The Current - This is the same group that did amazing, epic-styled songs? Completely unrecognisable in this song which sounds like something Echosmith would reject, which somehow still allows them to be in contention for my lower points.
18. Cailin Russo & Chrissy Costanza - Feels like it's trying a bit too hard to create this sort of a dark atmosphere, but overall this was pretty solid. This tune is something Against The Current should be doing.
19. DJ Snake - I think it's pretty obvious by now what I think about this sort of crap. Insufferable.
20. BANKS - Not my favourite song on that album, but it's still pretty damn stellar. Stan BANKS.
21. Adam Jensen - I feel like I am kind of over this sort of angsty, rock-sounding tunes from male singers. Not bad, but isn't doing much to me.
22. Betty Who - Never really reaches the climax that it desperately needed. Don't think Betty is going to improve hugely on her record tonight...
23. Carlos Vara - What a pretentious song at least lyrically, though it's not that much pleasant melodically either.
24. Bishop Briggs - Not even close to her best releases, but the standard of this contest is quite low, so this will do.
25. Judah & The Lion - Pretty cute song to finish the contest. Reminds me a bit of Mumford & Sons, didn't mind this at all.
1664 days 23 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Maylou Prytz - 'Left & Right' - This is a catchy song, but a bit repetitive. Maylou has a pretty voice, but it is not something to be remembered.
02) Fergie - 'A Little Work'- I had higher expectations from Fergie, but I liked the song anyway. I waited for at least a part of the song to be a little stronger than it was, but this works too.
03) King No-One - 'Alcatraz'- This is a cute song. I like the vibe of it, the fact that it reminds me of an '80s song, melody, their vestimantation and the music video.
04) Meduza, Becky Hill, Goodboys - 'Lose Control' - I like the verses, her voice is strong, but the chorus is just too plain. If it had a more powerfull chorus, the song has definiitely been a lot better.
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Catchy song, a nice rythm, good voice, funny music video. I have nothing bad to say.
06) Keri Hilson - 'Lose Control'- This reminds me of my childhood. This is the type of songs Iusually listened to, so I can't just not like this.
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - 'Tightrope' - This is something I would more likely listen to on a normal day. It has a good rythm, a nice solo, love it.
08) Foxes - 'Amazing' - In the beginning I thought it was going to be a really good song, but it seems it is a forgettable song. It just couldn't get my attention and I was zooming out through it.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - This is not my type, but it was surprisingly good. It has a great rythm and it is a a catchy and danceable song.
10) miss A - 'Hush' - This is also a nice surprise for me. I didn't expect to like it at all since I'm not really into asian music, but I really like it, at lot more than I was expecting.
11) LOVA - 'Daddy Issues'- She has a nice voice, not something unheard of, but it is a plus. Also, I like the lyrics.
12) Hanne Mjøen - 'Strangers' - Another plain song. Though, I like her innocence and cute voice. This definitely is a plus.
13) Chloe Lilac - 'Summer' - A nice summer song I guess. I can see myself listening to this in a club, but not really remembering it after it finishes.
14) Caroline Polachek - 'So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings' - And another plain song....It will be pretty hard for me to distinguish between these songs. All I can say is that it was an okay song.
15) Destra - 'Stage Party'- I wouldn't normally like this a lot, but it was a nice change of scenery. After all these songs, it is a nice change.
16) Simple Plan & State Champs - Another one that reminds me of my childhood. I was a Simple Plan fan, so I really like this and I'm glad someone entered them in this contest.
17) Against The Current - 'Voices'- I like her voice and the song is catchy. It  has something that attracts me, but I don't know what exactly.
18) Cailin Russo & Chrissy Costanza - 'Phoenix'- This is a bit weird. I love it. It's something that stands out between all these plain Janes.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - 'Fuego'- I like it because it's a nice mix of a chill song and a dance song. Again, it is something diffrent from what I've heard so far in the contest.
20) BANKS - 'Godless'- Thins gives me an Ariana Grande vibe. I love the song and her voice.
21) Adam Jensen - 'The Hunter'- So I guess the good songs were left for the final. I really love this one too. It is exactly my type and not something similar to any of the other ones I listened so far.
22) Betty Who - 'I Remember'- Good rythm,catchy song, but nothing spetacular.
23) Carlos Vera - 'Confident'- He sounds and looks confident. I like him and I like how he sings. It's not the best, but definitely not one of the worst.
24) Bishop Briggs - 'JEKYLL & HYDE'- I love Bishop. She has a great voice and her style is amazing.
25) Judah & the Lion - 'Why Did You Run?'- A chill and cute song. I really  appreciate this. I would run on this song.
1664 days 23 hours ago
CharlieBibi
01) Malou Prytz - This was cute! This feels like the type of songs that gets between 1 and 4 points from everyone. We’ll see but yeah I’m not mad at it.
02) Fergie - why is this so goddamn boring? Like jesus christ Fergie you’re capable of so much better.
03) King No-One - I really shouldn’t like this but I kinda do teehee. It’s very Saint Motel and I love Saint Motel so ya toot!
04) Meduza, Becky Hill - How very basic. Literally this whole thing was just so formulaic and boring.
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - This ain’t terrible but I’m so over ILIRA at this point that I can’t even enjoy this as much as I would want to.
06) Keri Hilson - This is Keri's fifth entry to TSC finishing 20th, 19th, 19th, and 25th prior. i snorted @ that.
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - This bibbles? It okay!
08) Foxes - I don’t get this group’s fascination with her. She’s not bad but her music is just so uninspired. This was no exception.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - This plays all the time at work and it’s actually not that bad? Yeah I think I actually kind of like this one.
10) miss A - I have heard this plenty of times before, it a toot-dee-toot!
11) LOVA - this was terrible!
12) Hanne Mjøen - oh yeah Johnny warned me all the edgelord bullshit was one after the other. Ew.
13) Chloe Lilac - oh my god there’s #3. I can’t do this they are all so boring.
14) Caroline Polachek - I saw this in my recommended so I listened to it because it looked like it’d have a cool retro sound but then I actually took the time out of my day to go dislike the recommendation that was done because this was terrible and I’m offended that they thought I’d enjoy this.
15) Destra Garcia - Destra you really didn’t need to snap as hard as you just did my god.
16) Simple Plan, State Champs - ugh this is so dated but it still snaps anyways < 3 Simple Plan is so iconic.
17) Against The Current - I REALLY liked this one, I don’t really know why but I did. Very very solid stuff.
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - Idk it was fine but it didn’t really do much and I forgot it was playing about halfway through.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - I mean, it’s pretty typical for all 3 of these artists so this song very much is just the result of 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
20) BANKS - Another one I don’t get the fascination for. This boring.
21) Adam Jensen - I guess I’m in the mood for rock music today because I liked this one too. We need more rock in TSC i swear we do.
22) Betty Who - Yeah this is just very very basic. Did nothing for me.
23) Carlos Vera - I liked this! Kinda edgy but in a fun way and not a pretentious way like a lot of the other garbage in this week.
24) Bishop Briggs - yeah this is everything i dont like about this week edgelord + someone TSC is in love with for no reason.
25) Judah & The Lion - Disappointing but fitting end to a disappointing contest.
1664 days 23 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Malou Prytz – Um I’m sorry to say this but it is sucky to say the least with her unenthused voice and that beat which gets on my nerves so quickly
02) Fergie – What happened to her as I can’t live on hearing this song which sounded more like a bad hymn you hear at church
03) King No-One – They got nice voices, but the song is just bland bland bland and I’m being serious with the beat not having an effect on me
04) Meduza, Becky Hill – The female vocalist is carrying this song as I love her parts with the beat, but the chorus and male singer brought it down a peg
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA – It’s about time we have a banger, and this kills it with her amazing vocals and that kickass beat, and this is ILIRA at her best and I am loving it
06) Keri Hilson – Does this girl get better because for me it sucks to a third degree with that auto tune voice and the repetitive music
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow – Okay the beat is pretty good getting my feet to join along and the singer is also good, and I very much liked it being a good change of pace
08) Foxes – She is a talented singer, but the song just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth with the chorus lacking something to at least be memorable
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel – What is this mess because I think I have generated a headache just watching it alone and there is no redeeming value from this
10) miss A – Yeah, I am actually liking their voices and the beat being great and this is a nice addition that made me glad to hear it
11) LOVA – Now this is dire as I can’t bear to listen to more of her daddy issues with the music being a crime against modern music altogether
12) Hanne Mjøen – She got an interesting voice that I very much enjoy about her, but the song just doesn’t have that feels it is trying to get in the music
13) Chloe Lilac – Well at least she is having fun which is a good thing and I was having fun listening to this enjoyable bop that has some charms
14) Caroline Polachek – This feels like it came right from the 80’s and that is a criticism as my god it is so horrible with that voice effect and music that I couldn’t take it anymore
15) Destra Garcia – This is meant to be a party anthem, but it is a big fat fail as it is rushed up too much that I can’t enjoy it and get irritated instead
16) Simple Plan, State Champs – They got powerful voices are for sure amped the song up that I tend to like but I feel like the music overshadows them at time being a nuisance
17) Against The Current – I thought it was going somewhere good with that distinct music and voice but the chorus destroyed it feeling like a downgrade which is a shame
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza – Straight away and I am bored by it with the no energy voices and laid back music that has me praying it is over soon
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta – Well it got a nice beat and she is a saucy singer who got the vibe and the song was well liked and I don’t mind it playing again
20) BANKS – She is very dramatic, and I admire her vocals, but the music is questionable as it doesn’t go anyway, and the effects only made it worse
21) Adam Jensen – Nope I am put off by this rock song as it is totally out of control with the music and I’m simply not a fan of this
22) Betty Who – The beat is very charming getting me to smile and she got a cute voice which is something and I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it
23) Carlos Vera – This is really out there, and I have become a fan of his vocals being superb and it is a sure bop that I can bring home
24) Bishop Briggs – She is an awesome singer and the song got a great hook but I thought the chorus was disappointing compared to what she has already done
25) Judah & The Lion – He is trying to be passionate, but I don’t particularly like it as I thought the singing and music were messy together with the chorus being a disaster
1664 days 23 hours ago
Quackerz
01) Malou Prytz - This was very catchy! A good start! Nothing particularly interesting about it..
02) Fergie - This didn’t connect with me emotionally at all, and it feels like it was supposed to. Just hollow for me.
03) King No-One - ok i love this type of sound. im groovin. Reminds me a bit of paramore’s most recent album. Vocal was fine i guess but all about that instrumental.
04) Meduza, Becky Hill - kept me thoroughly entertained! Good upbeat bg music. Not particularly dynamic
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - a good song! Nothing innovative or anythin but i would listen again.
06) Keri Hilson - was not feeling this sorry ian. Felt so messy
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - i wish i knew how to articulate music thoughts better. It isn’t awful, the verses are fine but the chorus could be… cleaner? Idk. a bit too harsh for me
08) Foxes - this was pleasant, nothing noteworthy. 5.5/10
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - this was too muted to be a dance track like it seems to want to be? I don’t know what scenario i would listen to this song
10) miss A - this felt like the theme song to a tv show. I really liked it!
11) LOVA - didn’t capture me at all. Pretty bland
12) Hanne Mjøen - chorus let me down =[ i wanted it to take me on more of a journey
13) Chloe Lilac - This was fun! Nothing too special but I liked it start ot finish.
14) Caroline Polachek - I really enjoyed this! The vocal layering gives me Imogen heap vibes.
15) Destra Garcia - this was such a jam when i was tired driving home last night. A much needed energy boost! I cant imagine performing this lol it must be exhausting
16) Simple Plan, State Champs - i used to be such a simple plan stan so this is very nostalgic! These three bands were like “maybe if we all are on one song our combined fanbases will get us noticed again!” Not bad though!
17) Against The Current - I like this vibe. Didn’t really go anywhere but I’m fine with that.
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - League usually has pretty good songs haha. This very much feels like someone was contracted to make a song for a trailer, though. Doesn’t connect.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - i don’t really like sean paul features, it needs to be 100% sean paul or nothing lol. Did nothing for me.
20) BANKS - came into this with high hopes and was let down. The electronic noise in the chorus throws me off completely.
21) Adam Jensen - see this is a good video game trailer song lol. I would personally never listen to it again on purpose but it accomplishes what it wants to.
22) Betty Who - i know this one! It’s pretty good! Needs a bit more energy behind it.
23) Carlos Vera - oh shit I really like this. “When i get home i’m gonna cry” lol mood. Amazing. Great work carlos.
24) Bishop Briggs - wow this goes a lot of directions. Not a fan of the accordion part. I feel like I don’t have the wherewithal to digest this in this moment.
25) Judah & The Lion - was immediately intrigued, and the song builds well overall!
1664 days 23 hours ago
Eoin
01) Malou Prytz - BOOT - I was bored by this.

02) Fergie - TOOT - Shoot me, I really liked this, I like her voice and thought this was a sweet song.

03) King No-One - TOOT - Yeah, this was a solid indie banger, which I actually really enjoyed.

04) Meduza, Becky Hill - BOOT - I didn't mind Meduza's last song but this is just a worse version. Move on.

05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - TOOT - I mean everything she does is great, but this is one of the less great songs and she's kinda been overkilled.

06) Keri Hilson - BOOT - Yeah this song had no control, a shitty rnb ballad.

07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - BOOT - I didn't like this one, at all.

08) Foxes - TOOT - Yeah, i pretty much loved everything about this, a happy pop banger, like this is all i need.

09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - TOOT - I love Zak Abel and love a bit of house, so yeah I loved this.

10) miss A - BOOT - I have nothing left to say about these sort of entries.

11) LOVA - BOOT - Too mellow and low energy for my tastes.

12) Hanne Mjøen - BOOT - Too mellow and low energy for my tastes.

13) Chloe Lilac - TOOT - A borderline toot, there were times when I thought this was really cool and then other times when it also bored me, overall I enjoyed it.

14) Caroline Polachek - BOOT - I feel like we hear this retro vibe song every week, not my favourite execution of said trope either.

15) Destra Garcia - TOOT - Wow, this was too high energy for me but still werk.

16) Simple Plan, State Champs - BOOT - Hey 2000s family comedy movie soundtrack!

17) Against The Current - BOOT - Nothing at all will help me remember this song in 10 minutes.

18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - BOOT - Eh, I didn't like it really, nothing to hate, but just eh.

19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - BOOT - NO!

20) BANKS - BOOT - Stop trying to make BANKS happen, she's never going to happen.

21) Adam Jensen - TOOT - Well that was fucking cool, athematic, I liked it.

22) Betty Who - TOOT - This was a nice type of chill / mellow vibes that I like, super cute.

23) Carlos Vera - TOOT - Just a sexy as fuck song, I really found this fun, good find. Confidence really is sexy.

24) Bishop Briggs - BOOT - Another act who's been overkilled, this was different, but was a little too artsy for me to support.

25) Judah & The Lion - TOOT - Yeah, this was a fine way to end the contest, an easy listen that's a nice song.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!