This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 374 Final

Topic » TSC 374 Final

1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
16) Simple Plan & State Champs

This is Simple Plan's third entry finishing 16th and 13th previously.
This is State Champs' first ever entry to TSC!
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
17) Against The Current - 'Voices'

This is Against The Current's third entry to TSC finishing 14th and 2nd previously!
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
18) Cailin Russo & Chrissy Costanza - 'Phoenix'

This is both artists' first ever entry to TSC!
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - 'Fuego'

This is DJ Snake's third entry previously finishing 16th and 1st.
This is Sean Paul's fourth entry previously finishing 14th, 24th, and 18th.
This is Anitta's fourth entry previously finishing 12th, 16th, 24th.
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
20) BANKS - 'Godless'

This is BANKS' tenth entry to TSC previously finishing 31st, 14th, 18th, 13th, 11th, 1st, 5th, 10th, and 8th.
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
21) Adam Jensen - 'The Hunter'

This is Adam's first ever entry to TSC!
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
22) Betty Who - 'I Remember'

This is Betty's eighth entry to TSC previously finishing 15th, 15th, 15th, 14th, 14th, 10th, and 16th.

At least she's consistent...
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
23) Carlos Vera - 'Confident'

This is Carlos's first ever entry to TSC!
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
24) Bishop Briggs - 'JEKYLL & HYDE'

This is Bishop Briggs' seventh entry to TSC previously finishing 12th, 8th, 1st, 1st, 23rd, and 8th.
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
25) Judah & the Lion - 'Why Did You Run?'

Judah & the Lion has been entered once before finishing 10th!
1656 days 15 hours ago
Aquamarine
All 25 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments, and then send your votes to me.

Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 points to your ten favorite songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

The deadline is 3 PM EST/8 PM BST on Sunday, which is when the results show will be hosted.

Good luck all!
1656 days 13 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Malou Prytz - Was expecting something a little more upbeat from her. Verses left a little to be desired, but I liked the chorus. Inoffensive.
02) Fergie - LOL, I was JUST singing her rendition of the National Anthem in the car because I drove past a basketball court. Anywho, this is pretty outside of the box for the Fergie -I- know, but that's not necessarily a good thing. It's sung well enough, just a bit bored by it.
03) King No-One - A bit retro. Not exactly my style or too aligned with my taste range, but I'm not mad at it. Good for what it is.
04) Meduza, Becky Hill - Was on my list along with Duke Dumont/Zak Abel, which is kinda awkz because thy're pretty similar tracks that put you in a bit of a trance. I rate the other one a bit higher, but enjoy both of them thoroughly.
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - We need to bring Beta back... would you send Beyoncé and Bebe Rexha to regular TSC? Pretty cute and catchy, albeit simple.
06) Keri Hilson - Wow, she's SO VERY. Fly, OH MY, it's a liiiiiiiittle bit scary. Not one of my favorites from Keri, but it still hits the spot just fine.
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - It's a toe tapper, but unfortunately, once I got beyond that, there really wasn't much else for me to grab onto here. Chorus was a bit of a turn-off.
08) Foxes - lmfao @ going back on Foxes discography. Is Rick back? I hate possibly contributing to this tactic succeeding, but alas, it's a super cute and solid track.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - See #4. Like I said, I find this one a biiiit stronger, but both have that element to it that puts you in a bit of a trance (this one more so, IMO). Decently dope.
10) miss A - I wish the chorus popped a little more than it did, thought it was going to pop off and that moment never came. Sounds mature for the most part and the chorus actually grew on me the second time around once I accepted that it wasn't going to GO AWF.
11) LOVA - Girl, same. Was pretty unmoved by this, just didn't ever strike the right chord with me despite it being rather inoffensive. Whelming.
12) Hanne Mjøen - See directly above. All felt a bit too tame. MOR(e) of the same.
13) Chloe Lilac - I was ready to write this off as the third part of the Holy Trinity of MOR Boredom, then I was teased with a potential punchy chorus that never really came to fruition. The vibe of it is pretty chill, but it really doesn't go anywhere for me. 
14) Caroline Polachek - Really lumping all of these songs together, huh? When the song title is the most interesting part of an entry, that's usually not a good sign.
15) Destra Garcia - Feel like I'm saying this every time there's something of this sort entered, but I really have to be in a mood for it. "Lucy" remains unbothered. Frenetic pace that I wasn't really feeling right now.
16) Simple Plan, State Champs - Stuff like this makes me not miss my teenage years in the fucking slightest. Did they self reference their own song "Perfect" in this as well? Christ.
17) Against The Current - Immediately popped in comparison to the last grouping of songs in the running order. Chorus felt like a bit of a let down the first time around, but I was more leniant with it the second time around.
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - I like the feel/vibe/potential of it more than I like the actual finished product here. Feels like it's going for epic, but doesn't quite get all the way there.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - Sean Paul <333333333. A bit sexy, a bit more so "I've totally heard this all before."
20) BANKS - Oh my god, it's GRIMES!?! Has BANKS ever really let me down with a TSC entry before? Can't recall!
21) Adam Jensen - Has this ever been used on The Challenge? Like Zayde Wolf and Sam Tinnesz before, it sounds like the type of stuff they'd wank over. Fine for what it is, but has been done infinitely better.
22) Betty Who - I've been one of the few people to give Betty Who much credit in TSC, but this one doesn't do much for me. The verses are far too dull for a lowkey KINDA solid chorus to really push it over the top.
23) Carlos Vera - Completely unsure how I feel about this one. I'd say it's a potential grower, but something tells me that I'd be just as confused the second, third, fourth (etc) time around.
24) Bishop Briggs - She's been in a bit of a slump for me recently, but I think she breaks out of that here. Really cool eerie feel to this one. Like it very much.
25) Judah & The Lion - Their last TSC entry grew on me quite a bit, so perhaps this one will too. However, for a one time listen, it really didn't do much for me. Sure it has a target audience that isn't me, though.
1656 days 7 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Malou Prytz - great start to the contest so far! Only thing going against this is a pretty monotonous feeling overall but I really liked it
02) Fergie - I liked this from her album even though it was so out of place. Not sure if it's strong enough for this countdown. I admire someone for sending this though
03) King No-One - it's not that this wasn't for me, but I just didn't find anything special about it
04) Meduza, Becky Hill - oh this was a bop! I'll def remember this when the contest is over
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - edgy
06) Keri Hilson - LMAO I remember when I used to submit this iconic queen to TSC but yall REJECTED IT! Sure I'll support this one but she has better of course. QUEEN! MISS KERI BABY
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - hey bibs didn't like this but admire that is has energy?
08) Foxes - how has this not been submitted yet? Thought it was a given honestly. Well I like it
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - very ravey and simple
10) miss A - some weird acoustic kpop blend ok? Not really into it sory
11) LOVA - good pick from her, but verges on forgettable territory
12) Hanne Mjøen - cutesy basic but I like the chorus
13) Chloe Lilac - oh that was it?
14) Caroline Polachek - meh
15) Destra Garcia - I am jealous of the energy this woman has. This song was some fun but I don't think I'd ever listen to it again
16) Simple Plan, State Champs - this wasn't as bad as I expected it to be
17) Against The Current - I mean this artist name on its own is literally "I'm different and not like the other girls" to a Tea. This song was exactly what I expected from it to be. After the song reached an abrupt halt I really wanted it to slay me and it didn't. But this experience was still solid
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - why does league of legends honestly make snapping music? This is a solid power anthem
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - while I do love to reward King Sean Paul (not as good as my real King, Sean Kingston) but this was so tame
20) BANKS - typical pick but I really like this from her and it's not just scraping the bottom of the barrel like the troll who submitted ILIRA just to do it
21) Adam Jensen - not here for this badass man music sorry
22) Betty Who - yawn… she's had better
23) Carlos Vera - had this on my list for a while but was convniced yall wouldn't like it. Curious to see how it'll do!
24) Bishop Briggs - it's decent, maybe it'll do really well since it's good and at the end
25) Judah & The Lion - basic alt song bye
1656 days 6 hours ago
Saftronbtr999
01) Maylou Prytz - 'Left & Right' - one second i was feeling it, and the next i was back to thinking it was meh. i just dont know.. it wasn't bad at all i just don't think i would relisten to it
02) Fergie - 'A Little Work' - i think im ok with it? hopefully i remember what it sounds like by the time im finished with comments tho..
03) King No-One - 'Alcatraz' - alright, i didn't think i'd like this because this isn't at all what i'd listen to on my own time but i was pleasantly surprised, i like this!
04) Meduza, Becky Hill, Goodboys - 'Lose Control' - i just dont think im really feeling this at all... don't really like her voice, but i wont lie the chorus pops off slightly i guess
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - yeah i like this, its overall pretty solid and i could see myself relistening to this
06) Keri Hilson - 'Lose Control' - This is Keri's fifth entry to TSC finishing 20th, 19th, 19th, and 25th... and now 1st baby because this was a song! i can't believe yall let her flop that much before ctfu... its kind of a kii tho and im here for her redemption arc
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - 'Tightrope' - oh im disappointed, as soon as the song started i liked it A LOT but as soon as the chorus hit i was just like uh.. lol
08) Foxes - 'Amazing' - this is a pretty good song honestly
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - ok this song is so weird but i like of like it?? cant explain but i could see this growing on me
10) miss A - 'Hush' - this song is VERY chorus heavy, its a good thing i like it. the beat does a good job of serving its purpose and once the chorus hits i find it pretty addicting imo. only you wouldve been a better song choice i feel but this is pretty good
11) LOVA - 'Daddy Issues' - idk its alright i guess, nothing too special imo but its decent
12) Hanne Mjøen - 'Strangers' - hmmm its ok ya
13) Chloe Lilac - 'Summer' - ok when the chorus came along i REALLY thought the song was gonna pick up after that and be a bop but it went back to being BORING
14) Caroline Polachek - 'So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings' - im sorry but i dont think i really care idk lol, just isnt for me i guess
15) Destra - 'Stage Party' - BITCH YES LMFAOOO, i love this so much, we love a stage party!
16) Simple Plan & State Champs - ok this isn't bad honestly like.. rock on
17) Against The Current - 'Voices' - hmm ok this is kind of good, theres some parts of the song i like a lot and then theres some that im not really here for but overall pretty decent i feel
18) Cailin Russo & Chrissy Costanza - 'Phoenix' - i dont think this is for me sorry
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - 'Fuego' - oh i want to like this but i just really cant... i LOVE anitta but this is far from one of her better songs
20) BANKS - 'Godless' - queen shit yeah
21) Adam Jensen - 'The Hunter' - this sounds like background music for an mtv show, thats not a bad thing tho
22) Betty Who - 'I Remember' -  i dont really care for the verses too much, the chorus was decent tho, i think the bridge is probs my favorite part of the song
23) Carlos Vera - 'Confident' - what the fuck lol?? i was kind of living for this and i dont really know why
24) Bishop Briggs - 'JEKYLL & HYDE' - sorry i dont care and i never really have like shut uppppp
25) Judah & the Lion - 'Why Did You Run?' - oh this is so basic but i like it so thats ok
1656 days 2 hours ago
Talian
01) Malou Prytz : For how much the beat was infectious and the singing on point. It kinda felt one note and uninspired thruout the whole thing. I think this was already entered in TWSC but I’m not sure, so it didn’t really left an impact on me. But maybe I’m wrong.

02) Fergie : I feel this was just there. I kept on listening being almost completely sure the moment would come in which the song would have switched and slayed my life but it just didn’t happen. I have mad respect for Fergie but her last album was a disaster. I didn’t listen to this one before but just like all the rest in the Dutchess II, it feels uninspired. It’s a pity because the focus of the song (“we’re all just a little bit broken”) was very strong.

03) King No-One : What’s up with all these AM wannabes lately? And what’s up with me liking every single one of them? This had me shook. I LOVED this.

04) Meduza, Becky Hill : This is what I would define “a hot mess”. The initial verses are fine even tho painfully outdated (I feel they belong in those big British dj/female pop emergent it girl that were big in 2013/2014), the “chorus” is just so early 2000s carousel dance song that honestly I can’t even.

05) Alle Farben & ILIRA : ....and THIS is where I draw the line. I never liked a single entry by ILIRA but if there’s one thing I admire about her is thy she is RECOGNIZABLE. In this jungle of choked and orgasming female “singers” at least she brings some refreshment in terms of actually interesting and new kinda way of singing. A song starts and you know that it’s her even if you can’t see her. But the one singing here is not her. I didn’t recognize her in a single note or cadence thruout the whole song. So... I feel this song is disrespectful towards her. If you don’t want her for her, why would you feature her in your song? Just for the name? Fuck. You.

06) Keri Hilson : I haven’t thought about my lesbian bop producer queen in a long time. There’s honestly not a single song from her I disliked and even tho this is not her best it’s still like amazing. And even tho we are both gay, LET’S.MAKE.IT.HAPPEN.

07) Cellar Door Moon Crow : Fuck yeeeees! Sing it to me sis! That’s how I like my menses. Hard and raw.

08) Foxes : There’s always something about her songs that can’t seem to click with me. This one started kinda good. But then the decline was consistent and persistent for me. I don’t like the folk undertone. I feel that trends died forever in 2015 for me. And I don’t want exhume it ever again.

09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel : Ok, I know this was very formulatic and the voice of the singer doesn’t really match the feel of the song (like someone who is capable of singing the same song probably 3/4 Keys lower like Rag’n’bone would had me orgasm over this) but THAT DROP! It snapped!

10) miss A : Oh wow. Rod hyped it up but he was 100% right. I mean, I still have a few notes tho. For how much it was very refreshing and prob one of the best KPOP ever, the structure had a couple of flaws. The song starts on a heavy guitar riff. Which is ok but that leads us to an overture to create progression. So when the second verse stroke, the guitar shouldn’t have as heavy. They should have head that overture there or go the opposite and stripped that down to have the overture on the second part of the second verse. This way the song lost a lot of impact and progression that was very needed. But honestly the hoofs sound in the chorus had me shook. The chorus was amazing as well. Overall I really liked this, felt like a manga opening theme song on steroids and I’m so in for it.

11) LOVA : Probably on another week this would have left a bigger of an impact on me. But that’s not saying much. This was good enough but honestly not my style. Her voice was very generic and the progression of the song something that’s been done in the exact same way a million of times. At the end, I’m a little underwhelmed.

12) Hanne Mjøen : The contest had such a big opening that now I feel like wasting my time writing comments for these songs. This was honestly very formulatic but unlike the last one, it also was very boring. The voice was nothing particular or anything to captivate this very bland tune.

13) Chloe Lilac : Girl whispering gets me whimpering. I don’t like this kind of female voices to the slightest.  Also the beat was so nothing exciting.

14) Caroline Polachek : OMG the last 4 songs have been blending all together in a vortex of boredom. Maybe I should take a beak because this is starting to feel irritating.

15) Destra Garcia : This definitely stood out from the block of the boring females we had in the last few slots. But only by being at least a wake up alarm. But other than that, I wouldn’t see myself ever searching for this or something like this ever again. But for what’s the contest is concerned, this stood out. But probably it’s just for the running order.

16) Simple Plan, State Champs : This is definitely something I would have jammed to in middle school. This was a nice throwback. No complaints at all.

17) Against The Current : This was nothing interesting. I mean... I feel like she’s trying to be something new and innovative and like “oh yes I have arrived” but in the end she doesn’t Ben know what she wants to be and so this sounded like a soup of too many weak ideas put together. But it’s better follow one single idea but doing it well instead of following 10 different non defined ideas.

18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza : This sounded like some sort of opening theme for some dark occidental adult cartoon. Like, a very good opening theme. But not something that can stand on it’s own feet. Still, I enjoyed it, but I feel its value is a little lost in sounding so specific.

19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta : Sean Paul is the usual let down. Like seriously grandpa, retire. Anitta is fab. The drop is ridiculous. The song is bad.

20) BANKS : Oh fuck. This was boring af. I’m sorry Steven. There’s just something about her that irks every single time. The lyrics were very good tho. But i just couldn’t get past her voice and the melody of the whole song. It’s just not my taste I guess.

21) Adam Jensen : Oh yes this is what I like. The music and the feel were really captivating and it popped off hard. Probably his voice is not really my fav, but overall o really liked this.

22) Betty Who : I totally get the fact that I start talking a  big game and then end up with comments that are like one word. But honestly this song drained me so much I can’t articulate it much longer. I didn’t like it to the slightest.

23) Carlos Vera : This song is my shit. I had it on my list for EVER! I never had the balls to submit it as I feel TSC is not ready for this level of taste but honestly this is probably one of my fav songs of the year. I was waiting to have the USA in TWSC to submit it there actually. But yes I love it!!!!

24) Bishop Briggs : She’s kinda of a hit or miss for me. This one felt like she was trying too hard to be edgy and alternative and like totally not like the other girls. Feels like a wacky and with less depth version of Sinead O’Connor. Also I don’t like this new character she created for herself with those spirited eyes.

25) Judah & The Lion : This is too cute for me to like, as it is also rock... and cute? Oh hell no.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!