This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 374 Final

Topic » TSC 374 Final

1666 days 16 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
01) i didnt care for this when it was on twsc, but by god... this actually kind of goes off! malou's turning out looks and the song is well-produced... its good!
02) i like fergie, but this was just kind of dreadful. shes done wayyy better.
03) it's good for what it is. pleasant listen.
04) i'm a sucker for these dance songs, and this does the job.
05) that was... definetly a music video. as for the song, it's cute, albeit a bit annoying.
06) THIS MOTHERFUCKING SONG. i regret not being the genius who sent this. i adore this song. not to spoil my winner pick or anything but keri hilson didn't get stoned to death with beyonce CDs by the beyhive just so she could flop on TSC for the fifth time. DO! HER! RIGHT!
07) i don't like writing off songs based on genres i don't like but... this is a hard pass.
08) this is some nice feel-good pop. i'm not crazy about it, but it does its job.
09) this was fine ig
10) its not terrible, but i was bored throughout. idk, i guess i expected a lot more
11) i actually genuinely really enjoyed this! pretty good one, wasnt expecting to root for this but it won me over
12) oh! i'm digging this, it's really cute. pretty solid imo.
13) kinda boring.
14) i considered entering this actually. i really, really like this one.
15) yas what an energy boost! she did that! really enjoyed this one.
16) oh wow! snap a little bit! enjoyed this more than i expected.
17) yas @ these entries going off. i really liked this one as hell!
18) pretty edgelord lmao. issa boot, sorry
19) dreadful.
20) it's a cute girl. enjoyed this one.
21) not nearly as dreadful, but see #7
22) its pretty basic h&m fluff, but i liked it.
23) wait @ this one going off... i actually loved this one. im actually kind of shocked lmao
24) ehh, no.
25) cute closer but didn't do much for me.
1666 days 15 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Malou Prytz- It was standard pop but it was fun.
02) Fergie- It was heavy melodrama. Moderately decent.
03) King No-One- THISSSSS slaps. Great indie rock vibez, a nice breakfast song.
04) Meduza, Becky Hill- I didn’t really have a problem with the music, but the tone of her voice was so annoying.
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA- This was really good, she has a nice voice and it flowed well.
06) Keri Hilson- Better than I expected! It was a fun ride through this song, and it had lots going on.
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow- Classic in-the-bar band sounds that were very boppy. It had depth!
08) Foxes- It took me a bit to get into this but it’s a total vibe. Nice, chill, yet has some power.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel- At first I didn’t fully get it but now I love it. It’s chill and hype at the same time, and really fun to listen to.
10) miss A- I really didn’t like. The song as a whole seemed kinda random and parts were out of sync.
11) LOVA- I thought the title didn’t fit the lyrics (or I was just primed for a more Trisha Paytas look at daddy issues) because the song is more serious I guess. But, as for the song, it was okay… i felt like it lacked a lot of pizzazz but I liked that it told a story.
12) Hanne Mjøen- I think the atmospheric edge made this stand out and made her voice sound ethereal, it was simple but compelling.
13) Chloe Lilac- Dripping with nostalgia! It reminds me of teenage summer years, and I liked the progression from chill simplicity to rock. Very 90s.
14) Caroline Polachek- This was a grower, but I really liked it halfway through. It’s very original, the basic melody isn’t that complicated but she has lots of subtle shifts that make the song solid.
15) Destra Garcia- This got me moving!! Majestic, beautiful. Yes.
16) Simple Plan, State Champs- I feel like I’m my angsty teen self or listening to a 90s/2k power hour! Not bad at all, it’s not my cup of tea though and it was kind of predictable.
17) Against The Current- Very forgettable and like a lot of these other songs, it had some promising elements but nothing solid lyric-wise or overall melody-wise that made me want to go back to it.
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza- I wanted more bombastic climaxes throughout the song but it’s better than lots of the other songs here.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta- This was…. not my vibe at all.
20) BANKS- I should like her because she’s similar to other artists I like, but there are very few Banks songs that grip me in any way. I couldn’t connect to this, and I didn’t get what she was trying to do.
21) Adam Jensen- This was not enjoyable; it was so simple and felt like an unfinished demo. It lacked.
22) Betty Who- A very solid, pleasant sound that’s good background music. Maybe not as great when it’s getting more attention.
23) Carlos Vera- It’s very feel-good! Kinda cheesy but not in a terrible way.
24) Bishop Briggs- Mmmm it was an actual bore that didn’t go anywhere.
25) Judah & The Lion- I had higher hopes for this but it honestly just struck me as a typical singer-songwriter lovey song.
1666 days 15 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Malou Prytz - It started off really nicely. I'm fully here for the melody, then everything about the chorus was just stunning. This was a great start for me.
02) Fergie - It was kinda... unremarkable. It had virtually no impact on me. TBH Fergie's recent music hasn't been my favourite. She can do better.
03) King No-One - This type of song has to be done a certain way for me to actually enjoy it and unfortunately, this wasn't it. Had no impact whatsoever.
04) Meduza, Becky Hill - This song is such a serve. Tho I have to say Meduza literally took  Piece of Your Heart, slightly changed it, chucked Becky Hill onto the song and called it day. But that doesn't mean I'm not getting my life! This type is music is SO Becky Hill, she's so suited for club bangers.
05) Alle Farben & ILIRA - Whoever sent this said 'FUCK EXTRA FRIES.' People kinda dragging this but I'm liking ILIRA on this. The beat is infectious, and I don't hate the altered vocals either.
06) Keri Hilson - This kinda served LOL? Her voice is pleasant and I found myself enjoying this, up until Nelly ruined it of course. The melody was nice but this didn't have to be a collab!
07) Cellar Door Moon Crow - Well this is the first song this contest that is like, completely terrible. Congratulations on having the title of what will probably be the worst song of this contest.
08) Foxes - Whenever I see Foxes name all I can think of is how iconic 'Let Go For Tonight' was/is. This song is nice, a feel good track. I'm not in love with it but it's aight.
09) Duke Dumont, Zak Abel - I love Zak's voice, let me just say that this song is a BOP. The beat is fucking amazing and with his voice this is just a great song.
10) miss A - I mean... it was fine. It kinda grew on me as it went on but it's nothing really amazing. Just fine.
11) LOVA - I liked this song but I didn't LOVE it. Like I have nothing to dislike bout this, it's quite good but I needed a bit more if it wanted to completely remove my edges y'know?
12) Hanne Mjøen - I was like, fine with this, but when that beat came in for the chorus I liked it a lot more. I remember her last entry being an ultimate serve, this didn't live up to that but I did enjoy this.
13) Chloe Lilac - I don't really know how to comment on this tbh, like it was just as mediocre as some of the recent songs.
14) Caroline Polachek - I love her, and this song is completely fine but I just love Door so much that this sorta pales in comparison. I still enjoy her vibe and her voice ofc, think this song has grown on me more and more as I listen.
15) Destra Garcia - This is such a change of pace LMFAOO. She singing so fast, the beat is so fast I'm like trying to keep up with this LOL. I got my god damn life.
16) Simple Plan, State Champs - This was enjoyable! I love this type of rock. It's not too much, and with a nostalgic feel. Solid for me.
17) Against The Current - I love their music, and this is no exception for me. I mean it's different from what they usually do but I'm liking it regardless. That guitar is just so good.
18) Cailin Russon & Chrissy Costanza - Dayum League of Legends consistently brings out bops. It's kinda funny how their songs are more enjoyable to listen to than playing their game is to play, LOL. Enjoyed this.
19) DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta - Well let's just say that Anitta carried this song. But there wasn't really much to carry because the entire thing is kinda unremarkable.
20) BANKS - She's back with another bop from her iconic album III. I'd have went with a different song but I love Godless and this should do well, atleast with me. Well it will do well with me, that's a given LOL.
21) Adam Jensen - I wanted to like this but I mean... look at the material. It's not very good. It's not doing anything different or unique and I just can't pretend to enjoy it.
22) Betty Who - Cue usual ' sHe's vEry HiT oR miSs' comment but that's what she is. This song kinda hit tbh. She did what she had to do here, and I enjoyed the finished product here. I could do with more punch in the chorus though, but that's me nit picking.
23) Carlos Vera - Well uhm, he's definitely doing a lot. I hated that speaking bullshit before the chorus, but then the chorus was actually good so I'm Torn by Ava Max yet again. I don't like the talking aspect in general. It's just too extra. I want to point this because of the chorus but he successfully annoyed me so idk if I will.
24) Bishop Briggs - Idk how she's won twice cause I've hated everything she's ever released. Her music is all the bloody same I just can't deal with it. Shocker I hated this as well. GET BACK IN YOUR CAGE LUV.
25) Judah & The Lion - Ending the contest with extreme mediocrity I see. It got the pimp slot and I still remember many other songs above it.
1666 days 14 hours ago
iAyeEye
#1 – It was OK. I was intrigued by the opening few bars, but it just sort of fizzled into an inoffensive, but not particularly exciting track. If that's the worst I get this week, it'll be a good one.

#2 – I'm not a big Fergie fan, but when I think of her I think of quite powerful songs either in terms of big vocals, or big beats. This was surprisingly pedestrian. Again, inoffensive but not interesting.

#3 – Very camp for a song of its ilk, but much more up my street. Like it. Confident this will get some points.

#4 – This is a very bizarre week. I'm not hating anything, but I'm not really loving much either. I usually find you lot pretty divisive, and you're just floating somewhere around the middle.

#5 – Probably my least favourite yet, but still not actually that bad. Just... not my thing.

#6 – Yeah, I knew it couldn't last. I think Nelly should have stayed in the mid-2000s. I think Keri did. And also had her voice preserved by using a Chipmunk as a voice double. Annoying.

#7 – Better than the rock tracks I've heard since I've been here, but still not a brilliant shining example of what's out there. Appreciate the musicianship that comes with all this being made by two people though. Very Royal Blood.

#8 – Best of the pop songs so far. Really quite liked it, though felt the chorus was weak in comparison to the rest of the song.

#9 – Nope, not a fan at all. My ex was making instrumentals like that in 2008 and they sounded dated then.

#10 – Oh do please stop.

#11 – Oh please don't stop. Absolutely loved it. Super message, catchy vocal line which I was singing by chorus 2, great beat. Not my usual thing, but loved it.

#12 – Yeah, not bad. Quite catchy, had my foot bouncing. A little bit dated/generic, but that'd be my biggest criticism.

#13 – Trying WAY too hard to be edgy. Just coming off as a 16 year old trying to piss off her parents. It's a no from me.

#14 – Yeah, really enjoyed this. Reminds me of like a cross between HAIM and Imogen Heep. Very clever production too. Into this.

#15 – You know when you get those adverts just advertising a country by their tourist board, and it looks like everyone's perfect, no-one's unhappy, and poverty doesn't exist? The video and the song is basically just going “Visit Dominica” to me, and ad music isn't really my bag.

#16 – I've never been a big Simple Plan fan. They've always felt like a kiddy gateway drug to proper punk pop. This isn't bad at all though. Not my favourite of the week at all, but almost certainly a respectable point-scorer.

#17 – Yeah, this is pretty good. A little too poppy for me, but kind of veering in the direction of my taste. My feet tapped.

#18 – This was not what I was expecting. I found the vocal line to be a little too flat to absolutely LOVE it, but I did quite like it. It feels like what a Bond theme would sound like if Bond films were made for teenage girls.

#19 – I think this might be the first time (barring covers week) where I've heard a song that's been in this. That's not a good thing. This is a train wreck.

#20 – It's an impressive skill for someone who clearly has range in their voice to try and sound as monotonous as possible. Again, it doesn't offend me, but I wouldn't choose to listen to it.

#21 – Me, after the first couple of lines - “Please be as good as I think you're going to be”

Me, after chorus “Why do choruses disappoint me EVERY time I think they're gonna be really good? :( “

It's OK, but it could have been much more.

#22 – Less Betty Who, more Betty Why. Next.

#23 – Every TSC there's one song where I'm like “Really? I like this?!?!” - this is the one. Not my bag on paper, but think it's awesome.

#24 – I strongly believe in giving every song one listen only, because giving different songs more or less of a chance doesn't seem fair. I suspect this one might grow on me, but it leaves me a little... I dunno. Uncomfortable? I think it's a song I'd need to listen to more to embrace its weirdness. And I'll give it another go. But not now.

#25 – Musically, that wasn't the most interesting song J+TL have done. But lyrically, that was so beautiful. I'll be giving that another listen too I think.
1666 days 14 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Maylou Prytz ~ Really lovely start! The beat is serving and I love the chorus too. No real complaints about this, wouldn’t be shocked if it was a contender.
Fergie ~ I think I *get* what it wanted to achieve, but for me this left very little impact. She sounds more like a knock-off Sia more than anything in this. Not really for me.
King No-One ~ Would honestly contend for my 12, parts of it felt a bit incomplete though. The chorus easily picks this song up, and I love the backing music SO much (it reminds me of Furniture’s ‘Brilliant Mind’ in parts). It’s vocally a bit annoying but a potential grower. Should still get in my points.
Meduza, Becky Hill, Goodboys ~ Not QUITE ‘Piece Of Your Heart’ solid (thassa holiday banger!), but still... solid. Great production, good pick.
Alle Farben & ILIRA ~ LOL I know everyone is obsessed with her. Sweet song, I’ll admit there’s not much to fault here. The chorus is the best part, it’s surprising.
Keri Hilson ~ Pleasantly surprised actually, I expected it to be more .. basic? The chorus is strong, wasn’t as fussed on the verses. Overall, pretty good.
Cellar Door Moon Crow ~ Definiteky a genre that can be and has been executed much better. The moody, growly vocal was hugely offputting if I’m honest. Think I’ll pass on this.
Foxes ~ DaFUQ, this is eligible? Congrats whoever, can see it contending. Very catchy, I’d say it’s among my favourites from her.
Duke Dumont, Zak Abel ~ Hugely into this! Zak on EDM shouldn’t work but weirdly does. Love the drop especially. Very good!
Miss A ~ THIS is K-pop done very very well. No sugary cuteness, just lots of sass brought and well executed. Great beat, good send.
LOVA ~ I may struggle to rank this TSC LOL most of the songs are decent. I’m not Waverley smitten with this song but I did enjoy the impact the chorus had (otherwise, this was pretty mediocre). I like her voice too, can see this sliding with me though. We shall see.
Hanne Mjøen ~ I was kind of ready to write this off, thankfully the chorus happened. Nothing groundbreaking but this was a sweet, of not slightly tweee listen. Saved by a good chorus.
Chloe Lilac ~ It perhaps could have done without the do do do’s, but other than that, quite a strong entry - especially loved that build in the prechorus. Good use of instruments.
Caroline Polachek ~ Reminded me a bit of Marina, equally as robotic but without as much depth in the vocal. Up to now this contest has been solid, and while this is a perfectly fine song indeed, it could just miss the mark with me. We shall see, it’s nice though.
Destra ~ Entirely whacky as can be expected from her xD Got a bit too much as it went on, but I know it’ll have its audience. She’s never bettered Lucy really.
Simple Plan & State Champs ~ SP are one of the rare pop-punk artists that I can abide by.. but this song just isn’t it for me. They have better, I’ve never been able to abide by that screamie vocal.
Against The Current ~ Yeah, they’re always welcome imo. Solid song overall, dark lyrics! Very catchy. God I could struggle this week!
Cailin Russo & Chrissy Constanza ~ I never *quite* know what to expect from anime/game-y songs as some of them have been such disasters - but this was fairly pleasant overall. I liked the chorus especially, even if it was all getting a bit predictable by the second chorus. Not mad at it but can’t absolutely guarantee points, either. It’s good tho.
DJ Snake ~ God, Sean Paul can be such a mood killer - and this from someone who has ENTERED him in the past. This song really didn’t do anything for me. It was Becky G who saved the last one, my entry.
BANKS ~ She sure knows how to create an atmosphere, but I must admit.. the rest of this song felt a little..dull... for her usual stratospheric standards. Not into it (don’t hurt me!!) Beggin for Thread is a REGULAR on my Spotify.
Adam Jensen ~ Stylistically, this is certainly up my alley, I love the instrumentals. The problem is that vocal, it feels like it’s been overdone. Done properly, this is another song that would easily take my 12. Vocals don’t need so many effects, god damn!
Betty Who ~ Ohh I know this - but didn’t know it was her! Very catchy chorus, probably my favourite thing she’s done. Into it!
Carlos Vera ~ I’m really not entirely sure what’s going on here - but I like it?! Catchy as sin! Love his voice too.
Bishop Briggs ~ I don’t doubt she can join Years and Years on 3W club. Excellent as per from her.
Judah & the Lion ~ Had some elements that sounded like they were really going to build to something cool.. ultimately I think it missed the mark, though. Good song but just a little on the tame side.
1666 days 14 hours ago
Aquamarine
WHOS READY FOR SOME RESULTS
1666 days 14 hours ago
ianfitz0012
https://media0.giphy.com/media/tiWBWYnJ4ilAA/source.gif
1666 days 14 hours ago
Aquamarine
Eoin - Adam Jensen
Catch_a_falling_star - Against The Current
DallasAndrew - Alle Farben & ILIRA
Insanity - BANKS
PrincessTeePee - Betty Who
ryan5676 - Bishop Briggs
Patrick319 - Carlos Vera
Darbe - Caroline Polachek
bibbles - Cellar Door Moon Crow
PoohSnap - Chloe Lilac
CharlieBibi - Destra Garcia
TolisKalkas - DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta
Fritzyyyyy - Duke Dumont, Zak Abel
LornaHollas - Fergie
ianfitz0012 - Foxes
PennyTrationStan - Hanne Mjøen
Quackerz - Judah & The Lion
Talian - Keri Hilson
IAyeEye - King No-One
Alexeh23 - LOVA
AlanDuncan - Malou Prytz
Zurks - Meduza, Becky Hill
Saftronbtr999 - miss A
QueenMichelle - Cailin Russo & Chrissy Costanza
Aquamarine - Simple Plan, State Champs
1666 days 14 hours ago
Saftronbtr999
https://media.giphy.com/media/McsacyXWsQVgjdCN5D/giphy.gif
1666 days 14 hours ago
ianfitz0012
DallasAndrew - Alle Farben & ILIRA
1666 days 14 hours ago
Aquamarine
I will be doing results the same way I always do them!!!
1666 days 14 hours ago
Patrick319
My phone is dying soon so gl me
1666 days 14 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Voted in time HI!
The man united/Liverpool match had my heart PUMPING :(
1666 days 14 hours ago
Aquamarine
https://i.imgur.com/Rk0p63R.gif

25        ::        013        ::        DJ Snake, Sean Paul, Anitta

ryan5676 - 6
AlanDuncan - 4
Talian - 2
DallasAndrew - 1
1666 days 14 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
Love it 😂 I didn’t think o did amazingly well but I’ll take whichever

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!