This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 366 Final

Topic » TSC 366 Final

1728 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Annie Murphy – Sounds like a cheapo version of ‘work bitch’ by Britney, until that awful chorus hits. Yeah no…

02) Ryland James – Nice vocal. Song was a little bland. Yeah I’m not keen on  this if I’m being honest. Quite a slog to get through tbh.

03) Now United – Still giving me a s club junior vibe hahah :p Fun…even the cringe rhyme is fun :p Yeah my favourite so far completely.

04) Violet Grae – Love the vocal, hate the vibe tbh, just sounds a little jarring for me…not even a little…very jarring haha ;p

05) Drew – Great vocal. Loved the song actually. Really strong. I’m going to download this after I finish. Really enjoyablellelelel :)

06) Visions of Atlantis – Nightwish does it batter for me. But I do quite like this tbh, it’s so dramatic haha. :p

07) FLETCHER – It was fine, I didn’t like the way they edited her voice.

08) Alexandra Burke – I wish you entered ‘elephant in the room’ that would have been a guaranteed 12 from me. But this is fine. :)

09) Bon Jovi – I didn’t hate it…congrats I guess haha :p I liked the chorus in particular.

10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice) – I loved the vocal loads. Really smooth and easily one of my favourites so far actually I will go so far to say this was is my favourite.

11) Amanda Tenfjord – It wasn’t bad, but her vocal sounded off at points…maybe it’s just me but I didn’t fully get behind it.

12) Sophie and the Giants – Ooh an unknown  banger….loved every second of this great vocals and I loved the anthemic chorus. Stuning.

13) Celine Cairo – Loved the vocal, song itself is mystical and enjoyable. Really good and I want to hear more from her . :D

14) Normani – A little dated, but it’s fine. Not much to say really…it’s fine. :)

15) John Grant – Not keen on his vocal if I’m being brutally honest or the cheesy beats. Not for me.

16) EVA – I thought this was gonna be a wreck by the title, but honestly it was a little bland and safe and I know the song is talking about sex…but it’s like it’s already been wrapped in a condom.

17) Margaret – A little messy. Parts were great, others were really bad. Overall a pretty enjoyable song that may sneak into my top 10. :D

18) Declan McKenna – Yeah this is pretty dire, I’m not going to sugar coat it…it’s really not up my taste range.

19) Lloren – Mystical and beautiful, wish it had more of  a punch but I like all the same :)

20) Everglow – This is good. I like it, especially the whistling and I hate the whistling. It does sound like you’re listening to 5 songs though, but honestly I’s 5 good songs so who cares right?
21) Bad Touch – lol going from Everglow to this…ok…do I really have to write a comment about how much I dislike this?

22) Gryffin, ZOHARA- Good vocal. I didn’t like the beats too much tbh, it’s fine…I don’t know if it stands out in this contest or not. Probably not tbh.

23) Alec Benjamin – Baby vocals. I quite liked the song though, but I have to look past his vocals in the verses, in the build a nd chorus he dioesn’t sound too bad.
1728 days ago
MISSimogen
01) Annie Murphy - now get to work bitch!!!!! this was fun i guess x
02) Ryland James - didnt expect such a deep voice for him he looks like a lil twink but thats were the surprises ended for me.. nothin kept me interested was a bit mundane
03) Now United - not even a catchy dance song nothing sets it apart from what ive heard before.. load of sh*te
04) Violet Grae - i wanted to like it but i dont her voice just drags on too much.. get to the point sis bit of a chore to get through this one
05) Drew - rly gorg entry to this song chorus is a lil repetitve but its a bop nontheless
06) Visions of Atlantis - oh someone has just shoved a big fat shank in my ear what the hell is this not my genre at all i hated this
07) FLETCHER - rly like this artist dnt think she has a bad song they are all enjoyable.. this ones nice nothing rly WOW abt this one but still nice
08) Alexandra Burke - well its no broken heels or bad boys but i still enjoy it.. its got that type of pop that you know is bad but you love it so much.. nice bop to it repetitve yes but i dnt care and alexandra is a queen anyways n shes going to win x factor all stars and thats that
09) Bon Jovi - not my type of music.. very shouty he sounds like he smokes 10 packs of f*gs a day x
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice) - love her vocals on this just feel like ive heard this voice everywhere recently not rly loving the song as a whole.. its cinematic which is nice i suppose for a movie trailer
11) Amanda Tenfjord - rly loved her the last time she was entered.. the production is interesting i like it.. very inoffensive but i like it think its a cute pop song
12) Sophie and the Giants - found this one really boring.. she strikes me as one of them artists who want to be edgy just for the sake of it idk never rly warmed to her.. very basic song
13) Celine Cairo - rly enjoyed this she has a nice tone to her voice and i like the way it leads up to a nice climatic ending
14) Normani - quite obviously a bop.. her new album is gona serve this is just everything that a pop song SHOULD have
15) John Grant - oh no what the hell was the production on this.. very jarring
16) EVA - cute little pop song and rly nice production
17) Margaret - this was a bit chaotic and i liked it.. the production was something different it kept me interested.. a messy bop
18) Declan McKenna - nice voice rly wanted to like it but didnt rly grasp my attention, nice guitar sounds tho
19) Lloren - oh i absolutely hate songs like this i knew frm the title i wouldnt like it lmaooo she thinks shes bella goth im not here for it
20) Everglow - bit of a bop maybe im turning into a kpop stan?
21) Bad Touch - ewww get a wash!!!!! and wear deodrant!!!!!! didnt like this hes scary
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA - she sounds a bit like zara llarson.. rly liked this cute bop loved the build up to the drop
23) Alec Benjamin - bit of a crap way to end.. left on a downer.. :(
1727 days 20 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Annie Murphy - 'A Little Bit Alexis' Some people have a weird pleasure in humiliating themselves.
02) Ryland James - 'In My Head' He's got a nice timbre. The music is pleasant, still quite usual and unoriginal, doesn't go too far, it didn't impress me by anything.
03) Now United - 'Parana' It has a catchy vibe in the chorus, but overally it's quite poor and basic.
04) Violet Grae - 'Let Me Be The Man' So many unsatisfied and frustrated women... Taking apart the lyrics, musically it's pretty much art. A strong voice, maybe not perfect, but she's an interesting artist.
05) Drew - 'Perfect Disaster' Not too much of a level in this. And I didn't find it catchy.
06) Visions of Atlantis - 'A Journey To Remember' Finally I'm listening a much more rythmatic song from them beside 'Return to Lemuria'. Certainly something better than most of the entries.
07) FLETCHER - 'About You' Didn't hate it, didn't like it, just in the middle of the pack.
08) Alexandra Burke - 'Let It Go' Cheap and really reallly poor, it was torture to listen to this.
09) Bon Jovi - 'This House is Not for Sale' Not exactly the name you would expect to find in TSC. Far from his legendary times, but he's still good.
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice) - 'RED FLAGS' The instrumental is interesting in parts, mostly it bored me though. I don't like her voice.
11) Amanda Tenfjord - 'The Floor Is Lava' Another one in the middle of the pack, it has a rythm, it's catchy in parts, but not memorable at all, something that just comes and goes.
12) Sophie and the Giants - 'Break the Silence' Basic and boring, no interesting moment there, even though the style is ok.
13) Celine Cairo - 'Hello Love' She's trying to be unique, but just fails to bring in a true impact.
14) Normani - 'Motivation' Continuing the series of unoticeable entries.
15) John Grant - 'Black Belt' It was a very long disco tempo with no variation in the music. Nice voice, but couldn't do anything about it.
16) EVA - 'Touch Me' Touch me, touch me, I wanna feel your body... what times, I want something from that times.
17) Margaret - 'Heartbeat' Expected much worse. The instrumental is kinda unique, the rythm is a little generic, but it's ok.
18) Declan McKenna - 'Brazil' It could have had some bigger moments, but the general vibe was quite great. I think that after a few more listens this could get more and more attractive.
19) Lloren - 'Raised By Wolves' Another one that I didn't hate, but doesn't go anywhere.
20) Everglow - 'Adios' Oh my God, this is it:
Exactly the same rythm and I dont't think that they're the originals, this is a pretty anthemic rythm in our regions. I've enjoyed it just for that.
21) Bad Touch - 'Skyman' FINALLY! Country vibes, old rock'n'roll... I have no idea why it is in TSC, but it kinda saves it.
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA - 'Remember' And we're back... Absolutely horrible.
23) Alec Benjamin - 'Let Me Down Slowly' The rythm is ok, not much of a song, but the elements are going well together.
1727 days 18 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Annie Murphy - This was trashy but not in a good way. Okay I agree with the other commenters that this sounds like Work Bitch, but you'll never be Britney, luv.
02) Ryland James - I'm digging the powerful vocal right off the bat. The first minute was great but the chorus feels completely detached from the rest of the song. While the verses are banging, the chorus sounds flat. The second chorus sounds better and the bridge is quite nice so it's not all bad. This twink is also kind of cute so I'll give him that.
03) Now United - Imagine auditioning to be a member of Now United. This was predictably cheap. I did not enjoy it.
04) Violet Grae - I dig her aesthetic, but not the song. It sounds unnecessarily overproduced. A bit style over substance.
05) Drew - I see someone is taking advantage of their Discover Weekly Spotify playlist. It didn't reinvent the wheel but it's a good pop song. It has peaks and valleys, and keeps me engaged throughout. Decent choice.
06) Visions of Atlantis - I enjoy these songs every once in a blue moon but now was not the time.
07) FLETCHER - I stan this lesbian but imagine not sending Wasted Youth. Much like song #5, this song isn't doing anything to reinvent the music scene but it does what it aims to do successfully. I wish it had more punch, but it's a decent song.
08) Alexandra Burke - LMAO I thought this would be a new submission but I immediately recognized that engine roar and was instantly brought back to 2012. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO I would jam to this bop - back in high school all the time. It's admittedly a bit cheap by today's standards but the nostalgia is strong. This will be getting points from me.
09) Bon Jovi - I wanted to turn this off after approximately 2 seconds. I'm not a Bon Jovi hater or anything but I hated this.
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice) - LMAO I don't understand Nick Bateman's involvement in this at all. He's literally an actor, not a DJ so? Did they stick him on this just to get sales? I have to respect it. But this is good. It's cinematic and brooding, and the drop went hard. I enjoyed this a lot.
11) Amanda Tenfjord - The floor is sending good music. Some of you leap three feet into the air. This is kind of cute. It really comes alive at the chorus with a lovely instrumental. I wish the verses were better but it's still decent.
12) Sophie and the Giants - Nice voice. The song is a pleasant build, and the chorus has a great energy. It's QWHITE good.
13) Celine Cairo - Had high hopes that this would be something dark and edgy in what has been a relatively safe contest. It's quite good anyways but parts of the instrumental are throwing me off. I could see this doing well but I'm not sure if it's for me. The last minute is great but the song as a package feels like something that would need some time to grow on me.
14) Normani - A little flat at times, but mostly good. This isn't something I'd have on repeat but it has a great energy.
15) John Grants - Neither link worked for me but thankfully I found it myself. I didn't know what to expect, but it's funky. I wish it had more of a 'proper' chorus instead of so many solo instrumental bits because it got really boring. I don't know if I'll end up voting for this but thanks for keeping me on my toes.
16) EVA - I don't like her voice but the song has an interesting beat. I'm oddly enjoying this a lot. It keeps changing direction as well so it keeps me interested. The tempo change at 2:20 gagged me. This was a charming track.
17) Margaret - Congrats on digging up her worst song from 4 years ago. Gays don't deserve access to the Internet.
18) Declan McKenna - Ngl I'm enjoying the instrumental, but it lost me once he started singing. The rest of the song doesn't go anywhere for me.
19) Lloren - Edgy. This is dramatic and upbeat so I should like it but I wish it was stronger. There isn't much variety to it so that's disappointing.
20) EVERGLOW - I hate y'all for making me stan Kpop lol. This is obviously winning but it won't be undeserved. The drop slaps harder than anything I've ever heard.
21) Bad Touch - Oh, not my gay ass. I refuse to enable this.
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA - This sounds exactly like an Ian entry. I think I've heard this somewhere because it sounds super familiar, and it slaps. This contest has had some strong drops (Nick Bateman, Everglow), and this joins the club. Absolute banger.
23) Alec Benjamin - Meh. Underwhelming end, but to be fair I'm not the audience for this kind of thing.
1727 days 16 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. lol it sounds like a rip off of "work bitch" but I kinda love it!
2. So bland, surprised it didn't put me to sleep
3. Really cheesy in a bad way. Not a fan
4. I swore that was Nomi Malone when I first saw her! She has a voice like Xtina. It's a strong and powerful song!
5. This grew on me as it went along. Quite catchy!
6. Yes! Yes! Yes! I loved this!
7. It was alright but kind of forgettable
8. I loved this back in 2012! It still goes pretty hard now tbh
9. Really enjoyed this. I've always liked his voice. Also "living on a prayer" is one of my favourite songs
10. It sometimes sounds like someone doing a Sia impression
11. I like the way she sings "lava". Not sure how i feel about the song. Will give it another listen before giving points
12. I like her voice but not sold completely on the song
13. Atmospheric but it doesn't really go anywhere
14. Heard this before and didn't care for it and still don't. Generic and overrated!
15. I like the style of the song but it felt a bit one note
16. Gives me Christine and the queens vibes. Not sure if I am a fan though
17. Not so subtle makeup endorsement! Verses are a bit weak but the chorus is catchy!
18. Chill vibes from this but I ultimately wanted to like this more than I did
19. Wish this went harder but it was a nice enough listen
20. This was just annoying!
21. Has a bit of an old school rock vibe. Enjoyed this
22. Fun dance track. I can definitely jam to this
23. Not usually my sort of music but I weirdly really liked this!
1727 days 15 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Annie Murphy - LMAO. As already mentioned, this is obviously inspired by "Work Bitch" by Britney, except without the banging chorus which pretty much ruins the whole experience.
2. Ryland James - Starts off really strong, especially his vocal tone is something I did not expect. The chorus is a massive buzzkill, though, it completely feels out of place in the context of the song. This was alright, although there was potential for MUCH MORE.
3. Now United - Their entries are really getting worse...I don't have much to say about this.
4. Violet Grae - Not horrible by any means, but she is overdoing it vocally on a song that really is not up to par. Missed opportunity.
5. Drew - Safe pop song done right. Solid choice.
6. Visions of Atlantis - Eh, not really my cup of tea, but it wasn't horrendous. May stand out from the crowd.
7. FLETCHER - A bit similar to Drew's song in terms of going for the same audience, though I think this is executed a bit worse. Decent pick.
8. Alexandra Burke - Obviously sounds dated in the current context, but cannot fault that since this was released in like 2012. I have heard this sound done better in the past, but it's fine I guess.
9. Bon Jovi - The album with this single legit topped the charts in the USA...not that it's gonna lose too many points because of a penalty.
10. Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods - Might be a surprise contender. Great cinematic feel to it, and the drop actually does the job well here. I like this!
11. Amanda Tenfjord - This is this sort of a sound in pop that I cannot stand which Alexeh described as "faux indie pop." Not a fan, the chorus had potential to elevate the tune, but it was not enough.
12. Sophie and the Giants - Quite impressed, this has all the ingredients that I really enjoy. Very solid indeed.
13. Celine Cairo - Not the direction I expected this to go, but it's a good thing actually. Another strong entry.
14. Normani - Giving me old-school pop R&B vibes. A bit flat at times, but overall it was alright, the chorus really lifts it up.
15. John Grant - Reminds me a bit of how New Order created their bits with some disco influences being added to it. This really needed a chorus to make it over the line, but it's definitely nice for what it is.
16. EVA - Her voice is definitely a bit of an acquired taste, but the production in this is really good. Nice pick.
17. Margaret - Definitely not my favourite Margaret song by any means...though I find this messy production rather endearing for some reason. I still like this song, but I am certain it will probably suffer due to comparison to her previous discography that already appeared in TSC.
18. Declan McKenna - Takes quite a bit to start, and once it does I don't think it delivers anything particularly outstanding. I don't mind this, but it is unlikely that this will make any impact on my list.
19. Lloren - Starts off really strong, but it loses me a bit at the chorus (or its lack). Wasted potential, though this was still okay overall.
20. Everglow - Cannot stand their debut single - this is a massive improvement over "Bon Bon Chocolat." The drop is sending me somewhere else.
21. Bad Touch - While I don't believe I am the target audience for this, I am amazed that I actually like this quite a bit LMAO. Has a great old-school feel to it.
22. Gryffin, ZOHARA - Is EDM making a comeback? We have had Tiesto and Jonas Blue produce a TSC winner, now Gryffin has done the best thing in his career. I enjoyed this.
23. Alec Benjamin - Unfortunately for you, I have been overexposed to this song to the point that I simply cannot tolerate it anymore. Nothing really memorable in first place, but the radio really killed it for me.
1727 days 13 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Annie Murphy – I am not ready for this trippy experience and you know it is crap when the lyrics and the vocals sound like something a toddler would make up
02) Ryland James – Yes, I am digging his soul voice that got me praising so much and he is a talented man and I love the build-up of the song and it is nice overall to listen to
03) Now United – This group is like a parasite on TSC because once they got entered, they will never leave, and this is unoriginal, and the music is really not good at all
04) Violet Grae – Okay I am really getting this woman who has these power vocals that are literally blowing me away, but she needed a better song as the music was non-existent
05) Drew – This is a good poppy song with run of a mill music and vocals, but it doesn’t really standout for me and started to get rather forgettable towards the end
06) Visions of Atlantis – There is a lot of rock energy it is producing, and I am living for that and overall it catches my attention and I really adored the chorus and it is just amazing
07) FLETCHER – When I heard the music, I knew I was in for a bad time and the vocals had no energy behind them and it is just really bland and I’m just waiting for it to be over
08) Alexandra Burke – Who knew that she can still produce bops and this one is alright with her vocals being the main star but the music sounds like it belongs in a different decade with the chorus
09) Bon Jovi – Well at least they know how to bring the music even though this is one of their forgettable songs and it just doesn’t have a hook in it
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice) – This is generating serious red flags as I can’t handle the intensity and the chorus was just so awful that I couldn’t listen to this train wreck of a song
11) Amanda Tenfjord – Yep the music is a buzzkill and she is not really getting the song if there is anything left to salvage, but it is bland, and I’ll just move on from here
12) Sophie and the Giants – I can imagine hearing this song on the radio and she has good vocals, but the chorus was a let down and it just doesn’t pick up like at all during the rest of it
13) Celine Cairo – I am impressed by this vocalist who has the energy and voice and the music is so refreshing and the chorus is something to die for and I will for sure remember this one
14) Normani – She sounds okay, but the music is so repetitive that it gets annoying fast and it just never seems to end with this song not getting better
15) John Grant – Um this is literal garbage from the music never changing tempo to that lack of vocals and is there really anything else to say about this song and I’m just going to forget that it existed
16) EVA – Her voice is already annoying, and I don’t like the music either and this is trying to give that pop feeling, but it fails miserably in the end
17) Margaret – Uh what have you done Margaret and how did you get downhill this quickly because the music makes me sick listening to it, and it is a giant mess that can’t be cleaned up
18) Declan McKenna – He got a unique voice that is good, and the song is moving to say the least and it is a nice change that I like to hear for once
19) Lloren – This started well but then boy it ended just as when it just got started as the music was overpowering her vocals and she doesn’t take control back
20) Everglow – I thought this was going to be shit but damn I loved it and I know it is hard to believe but all of the music and vocals work together as one and I am loving my new jam
21) Bad Touch – Well this is going to get overshadowed by Everglow and it is not good with the music and vocals being too extreme and it is just a mess to hear
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA – She has got good vocals and when the music got to the chorus it picked up the pace and also the groove train is here to stay with this banger
23) Alec Benjamin – I don’t like his voice and this song is just bland and forgettable and I just want it to be done and over as I can’t take another second if it
1727 days 12 hours ago
hellocat
01) Annie Murphy The background music sounds like 90's and i'm not here for it, this was so cheap i can't even, very disappointed in this

02) Ryland James This was such a strong song, i really enjoyed the melodies and the song overall is pretty decent, this is a solid entry

03) Now United This is not a winning entry and 100% is not Now United best but it was a nice feel-good song that i would listen to again not gonna lie.

04) Violet Grae This went nowhere so i expect it to go nowhere in the results, i will agree she does have really good bits but more bad bits if i'm honest.

05) Drew Okay this sorta snaps, this was so good, the lyrics were sort of cringy but i quite enjoyed it. 100% would listen to this song again.

06) Visions of Atlantis Eh i'm not the biggest fan of rock songs. Definitely sounds dated but i can understand why it would have fans. sounds piratey aswell for some reason lol

07) FLETCHER I really love the ya-ya bits those snapped. Overall it was a decent pop ballad but would i re-listen, probably not

08) Alexandra Burke Okay the fact that it's Alexandra Burke means that the song is an instant bop lol. But yeah this snapped and i really enjoyed, did sound a tiny dated if i'm honest

09) Bon Jovi Does Bon Jovi still release music??? Not gonna lie this isn't the worst song i ever had to listen to but it's not the same standard of it's my life

10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods THIS SONG SNAPPED. This song is amazing and honestly i'm going to be rooting for this song probably, it's so good i can't even#

11) Amanda Tenfjord I actually quite enjoyed this, it was quite funny about the theme of the song but i don't see it doing well in the contest

12) Sophie and the Giants This snapped in such a good way i loved it. Well done Sophie and The Giants i think you are definitely a contender to win.

will post the rest after i had lunch
1727 days 10 hours ago
QueenMichelle
01) Annie Murphy - This song has so much chaotic energy. This is gonna be a memorable entry because of how crazy it is. I honestly do like this LOL. Her stanning Vroom Vroom by Charli XCX <3
02) Ryland James - His voice caught me off guard, he's a very powerful singer. The song itself is not really up to par though. Solid voice but it's borderline boring so I'm not enjoying it that much.
03) Now United - I have to be honest, some of the lyrics here are very lazy. It's got a nice beat, it's somewhat catchy but IMO they have better songs, their last entry (cannae remember the name) was much better than this I think. The 'te quiero' lyric consistently annoyed me throughout. I'm definitely not the target audience for this song.
04) Violet Grae - The second she started singing I thought of Christina lmfao. I can say that she has got a decent voice but this song genuinely annoyed me. The pacing for me was all wrong and her vocals barely went along with the music. The song wasn't even that long but it successfully contributed to my headache.
05) Drew - I thought the chorus was the build up the first time around LOL. Once the chorus kicked in the second time I truly started enjoying this song, I'd consider it a bop, I'm loving the chorus, this is a very melodic song and it caters to my tastes. Best song so far for sure. Edit: been listening to this all week since I wrote that comment and I'm obsessed.
06) Visions of Atlantis - I thought I was gonna hate this LOL. It kinda reminds me of an anime opening, okay that's such a weird comparison but I'm referring to the music. This is rock done right, I'm loving how exciting the music is, it could've been like 30 seconds shorter but overall I enjoyed it.
07) FLETCHER - OMG this was on my list. I totally kinda forgot about it. She usually serves bops for me and this is one of those times. It progressively gets better and I love the last 30 seconds. Could see this doing well.
08) Alexandra Burke - This song is so basic but it's such a fucking bop LMFAOOO. The chorus really does serve. I miss when Alexandra Burke was popping tbh. The last minute... ugh so good.
09) Bon Jovi - I mean I didn't hate it, not necessarily a fan of Bon Jovi whatsoever but this wasn't bad. The chorus was particularly the thing I enjoyed about it.
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice) - I really knew this was gonna be a bop by how she was singing & the instruments, and that drop is SOOO iconic. It's so epic and I really am living for this song. One of the best so far.
11) Amanda Tenfjord - I'm a bit on the fence about this song because parts of this here voice shines but the song itself is just unremarkable. I didn't hate it but didn't love it either.
12) Sophie and the Giants - I enjoyed the chorus of this song. It's definitely my favourite part. The verses didn't do anything for me but overall it's a nice song.
13) Celine Cairo - I like aspects of this but the chorus was very Florence-esque so that was a slight turn off. I dont even dislike Florence but some of her songs do my head in. I wasn't sold on this as a whole.
14) Normani - She really snapped with her debut and I love everything about this. Normani is literally gonna be huge I can tell. I feel like this is something Fifth Harmony would release but w/ the Normani twist and I live for that. She's better off alone.
15) John Grant - I was vibing to this to begin with but as others mentioned this could've done with a chorus. After a while it began dragging and I lost interest unfortunately.
16) EVA - I loved the build up but then that chorus had to come and well it wasn't my favourite chorus ever unfortunately. I'm too conflicted on some of the elements of this song to really enjoy it tbh..
17) Margaret - Those robot beats really did hurt my head at the beginning I'm not kidding. This song really gave me a headache and I enjoyed virtually nothing about it. It's so bad looool.
18) Declan McKenna - Yeah that one minute intro was really unneeded. I garnered 0 enjoyment from this song, it was just a whole lot of nothingness.
19) Lloren - I mean, it's a nice enough song. It could've done a whole lot more than it did and it was slightly underwhelming. I liked her voice but this isn't anything special.
20) Everglow - Kicking myself because I didn't send this. Literally one of the best KPOP comebacks of 2019. The drop really does make the song, and the fact they whispered RIGHT before it makes it much more effective.
21) Bad Touch - Yeah, no thanks. Nothing about this appealed to me and that's all I really have to say about it.
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA - I'm kinda living for her voice tbh. It's stunning. As for the song itself I really enjoyed it. The verses were solid and I liked the chorus. Overall a bop.
23) Alec Benjamin - This is a good song from him, I've listened to it a lot and heard it a lot around where I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I used to. Still a nice song.
1727 days 10 hours ago
AlanDuncan
01) Annie Murphy - Like I have no words over how cheap this was LMAO
02) Ryland James - This was fine but its 100% getting lost in the mix. Poor Death spot Ryland.
03) Now United - Saviours of music saving music. Water is wet.
04) Violet Grae - I mean it had nice qualities but too many all over the place parts.
05) Drew - I listend to this and instantly forgot when writing this...thats a sign
06) Visions of Atlantis - i was expecting Pagan Fury thing but it kinda fizzled into rock music.
07) FLETCHER - Nothing happend in this 3 min song. Nothing.
08) Alexandra Burke - MOM. If this doesn't win yall racist against talented people
09) Bon Jovi - Oh he aged. The song was actually fine LMAO. Nothing like thier good ones from the 2000s though sadly.
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice) - Snapped. Cracked. Popped. Stan.
11) Amanda Tenfjord - Yeah this was kinda good. We stan.
12) Sophie and the Giants - I feel this was powerful I wnted more visuals tho
13) Celine Cairo - Yeah this was another above average song. Nothing too memorable which might be its issue
14) Normani - i mean im happy she went mainstream but like this is kinda outdated but i stan
15) John Grant - This was confusing. I didnt HATE it
16) EVA - Oh yeah I really liked this one. it kinda snapped
17) Margaret - stellar. the end. amazing. experimental. now united r quaking
18) Declan McKenna - He is cute so that goes a long way. Not my genre but I liked the chrous.
19) Lloren - I really enjoyed this. Didnt want it to end
20) Everglow - Oh yeah I can see this winning kpop did that again
21) Bad Touch - no ty
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA - Oh this was hot. What a shoot
23) Alec Benjamin - Yeah a decent closer. Nothing I would go back and listen to on purpose but wouldnt skip on a shu9ffle
1727 days 9 hours ago
hellocat
13) Celine Cairo I would 100% listen to this again, this is a very well produced and good son overall. Love it.

14) Normani Okay just wow, This song snapped the first second i heard it, she seems like a really good singer and I will be following her career

15) John Grant okay this song has ruined the whole contest, great

16) EVA Another very average song, it didn't really go anywhere and definitely a song i wouldn't revisit

17) Margaret This was very average, it didn't really have anything for me to enjoy with it. the chorus doesn't snap as much as i would want

18) Declan McKenna He definitely is cute but the song went nowhere sadly, i do hope he has a long career tho

19) Lloren Woah i enjoyed this so much, Adding to my spotify playlist immediately

20) Everglow "Pooja what is wrong with you"

21) Bad Touch This is probably the better rock song in the contest, may consider giving points

22) Gryffin, ZOHARA Okay werk it queen, i thoroughly enjoyed this

23) Alec Benjamin A good closer, the bad thing is i've listened to it 1000's of times i'm tired of it now
1727 days 5 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Annie Murphy- Schitt’s Creek is my fav! Love this journey for her!
02) Ryland James- This has a cool, clean sound and I like his booming voice.
03) Now United- The lyrics seemed a bit juvenile but it was a fun, summery song.
04) Violet Grae- The music really grated on my nerves and it was a chore to get through this one. She made singing sound painful.
05) Drew- This bopped, it was cool and flowed really well.
06) Visions of Atlantis- A little too operatic for me.
07) FLETCHER- This started perfectly and developed gradually in a pretty perfect way. She has a cool voice. Solid!
08) Alexandra Burke- This was wowza techno. Some of it got me moving, some of it was… a lot.
09) Bon Jovi- It was very Bon Jovi, very rootsy, and I like that they have their own specific sound. Not really my thing, but not bad.
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice)- This just passed me by and missed the mark completely. Where was it trying to make an impact?
11) Amanda Tenfjord- Nostalgic feel that I dig! It’s cute.
12) Sophie and the Giants- I liked the indieness of this, I thought her voice could have been less OTT but still good.
13) Celine Cairo- Something magical and very powerful about this.
14) Normani- This was actually really really good. The mixing, the voice, the beat, loved it all.
15) John Grant- I kind of dug it at first but it got stale as the song went on.
16) EVA- This was a vibe, I liked it even though it was pretty simple.
17) Margaret- This was interesting to watch. It wasn’t something I’d listen to again, but it was… interesting.
18) Declan McKenna- This is actually one of my favorite songs! Totally don’t know why I haven’t submitted it, and kudos to whoever did, you have great taste ;)
19) Lloren- This was almost witchy, so that was really cool!! Not easy to get into, but I appreciated it.
20) Everglow- It just felt like standard Kpop and didn’t do anything out of the box for me.
21) Bad Touch- It was another song that felt too “stereotypical” of its genre, and didn’t really do anything new or innovative.
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA- This was cool, it got repetitive but I liked what repeated.
23) Alec Benjamin- This was nice! It’s an ear worm, its sweet, and his voice is sweet.
1727 days 5 hours ago
Zurks
01 Annie Murphy) I really like this but wish the vocals were louder. I feel like they were computing with the music, but then again it could be because I'm half deaf so this might be a me thing.
02 Ryland James) I love his voice and clear enunciation.  The song itself was also very enjoyable.
03 Now United) The opening was catchy, but that was it for me unfortunately.
04 Violet Grae) This reminds me of something but I don't know what. I enjoyed it but feel like it's missing something.
05 Drew) It was nice but not sure how much I like it.
06 Visions of Atlantis) Sorry, this just sort of droned on for me.
07 Fletcher) It was good but I found it irritating at parts.
08 Alexanda Burke) I think she is really talented, and I like this song but find the intro very similar to Bad Boys.
09 Bon Jovi) I liked it but didn't love it. I have always been meaning to listen to his stuff but never get round to it so thanks for that.
10 Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods) Another one that I liked but didn't have a huge impression of.
11 Amanda Tenjford) This is a bit different. I am digging it.
12 Sophie and the Giants) Not bad, pretty catchy.
13 Celine Cairo) I enjoyed listening to this and liked the music.
14 Normani) I liked this a lot more than I thought I would, except for the random bit 3 minutes in.
15 John Grant) This was cool but would have been much cooler with a more normal chorus.
16 EVA) I didn't hate it but I can't say I loved it either.
17 Margaret) The delay instarting (approx 50 seconds) was a bit irritating. The remainder of the song was OK.
18 Declan McKenna) This was quite nice to listen to in the background.
19 Lloren) I feel like this was missing something.
20 Everglow) Sorry, I did not dig this.
21 Bad Touch) Something about this is pretty catchy, I like it.
22 Gryffin, Zohara) This was really catchy, I loved listening to it.
23 Alec Benajmin) This was miles better than what I thought it would be. Love the pick!
1727 days 4 hours ago
TolisKalkas
01) Annie Murphy        boppity bop bop bop
02) Ryland James        i remember hearing this and being like... it's not terrible.
03) Now United        better than their other stuff
04) Violet Grae        if i knew the lyrics and the production was smoother i would be liking this
05) Drew        i didn't want to like it, and i was okay with the result
06) Visions of Atlantis        i mean this should be almost obvious who it is
07) FLETCHER        probable top 10
08) Alexandra Burke        not her best, but definitely got people moving
09) Bon Jovi        i'm from jersey and i do not stan this song
10) Nick Bateman & Elijah Woods (ft. Jocelyn Alice)        i bet this was submitted just because of the guy in the picture
11) Amanda Tenfjord        this is 300 tscs too late
12) Sophie and the Giants        this is 200 tscs too late
13) Celine Cairo        this is like one of those ones that i overlook in the esc selection process then somehow end up in my top 20
14) Normani        this will be underappreciated
15) John Grant        the person never confirmed the alt link, but i also hope the alt link is wrong because it's so bad
16) EVA        this is one of the ones that was in my mind after listening to it when it was submitted
17) Margaret        there is a reason we didn't know her until cool me dwn
18) Declan McKenna        gosh i hate this
19) Lloren        this would have a chance most weeks, but this week were half the songs so far are in t3... it'll be tough
20) Everglow        insert the kill this love and albatroz mash-up comment because it really is.
21) Bad Touch        yay more tier 5
22) Gryffin, ZOHARA        i hope this does well
23) Alec Benjamin        similar to ryland, but one has a deep voice the other sounds like he's 10
1727 days 4 hours ago
ianfitz0012

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!