This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 363 Final

Topic » TSC 363 Final

1743 days 1 hour ago
LiukBB
01 Ina Wroldsen :  I had high expectations from her and even though i think it iwll do well, i am not much into this. It's a bit generic and it doesn't have any wow points. The song kinda bcomes repetitive in the end. I honestly think she has better
02  Transviolet: I kinda like this? It shouldn't be my cup of tea, but it 's quite interesting. Okay wasn't expecting the chorus,it kinda ruined it, but overall i like the verses. Nice pick
03  Halestorm : Idk if bibbles is in this contest, or this is bibbles, bc she would have liked it a lot lol. This is how I like a rock entry, going hard but not like in your face, it's cooked well without being overcooked. Really like the chorus. Good pick.
04 Amelia Carey: This is nice, but i feel like this is more grower rather an instant, i liked some parts, but it kinda missed a bit of power to make me getting really into this. Should score well
05 Stargate :I feel so bad but I really like P!nk as artist. Not a big fan of the part of the Sia in the song, she is trying way too hard. So overall nice but it could have been better without Sia personally
06 Elena: Lmao I am so glad this song is in the final. It's just messy and trashy, and it really keeps me entertained even though it kinda sounds dated maybe. The rap kinda doesnt' add nothing to the song but it doesn't matter Thank you for sharing this gem <3 !
07 Senhit: I was right then she represented San Marino back in 2011. Lmao I swear this is ain't me even if is in italian. I kinda like the verses, it has a nice build up but the chorus was messy and not really interesting. But overall It was enjoable.
08  Georgia Ku : Song is nice, but like it kinda started as ballad, and then it became way more uptempo, it had a nice progression till to that no chorus? Honestly this was a missed opportunity, and a bit of miss. I have a feeling this will do well.
09  Fazerdaze: Nice instrumentation, her voice is quite nice. I like the whole atmosphere this gives to me, even though i feel this song feels a bit repetive and empty at times.
10  Benjamin Rihan: Oh no not into this from the start. This was way generic and his voice wasn't interesting at all. As someone would say this was a lot "white".
11 Don Diablo: Oh yess queen Jessie J is back, this was pretty remarkable, it was catchy even though the song was quite simple it really stood out for me.
12 Ilira: Well i didn't like her winning a lot, but this was even worse. This felt like it was a party song? I'm sure this will have fans, but i can't see this doing the double. It really was there, and didn't do much for me, can't see this growing on me either . I expected something better tbh
13 KARA: This felt very SEXY , the song was kinda nice, nice production around this and the chorus was a banger. It got me interested. Nice pick.
14 Dermot Kennedy : Oh this really killed the momentum lol. This was just very bland and boring. Not bad but eeeeh. Like this doesn't wanna make me feel young and free.
15 TONES AND I : Yea this was good and lmao her voice even though for someone can be annoying it really gave me life in this song. I was hooked up to this from the beginning to the end.
16 U2: I was curious to see how this was in live and honestly I kinda liked it. Like it's slow, but it never turns out to be a classic ballad. It's kinda simple but yet it works.
17 JP Cooper, Astrid S : Not really feeling the part of JP Cooper, and even though the instrumentation of this is not bad I am not into this. I have the impression this song tries too much to appear, but I'm sure this will do fairly well. Wow astrid part is b-a-d, lmao not liking her in this song oop.
18 Bakermat: Uhm no . This was just a lot to take sorry. Urgh this gets annoying as the song goes on. Just nope. i mean i wanna learn to lose but not with this song.
19 SYML: When this started i knew it could have been good, and i wasn't disappoint. A very nice song, a nice change of tune which was kinda needed. Really like the chorus.
20 Naika: After a slow start, the song really brought to a nice build up and a very nice chorus. I was ready to label this as easy sophysticated, but i was proofed wrong. Guilty pleasure of the night.
21 Peking Duk:  I don't like those kinds of production, there was a lot going on in those 3 minutes, but  all of those sounds really put me off . But i think this will do well in this contest.
22 Maria Hazell: Oh no a uptempo song going for that kind of production again. I kinda prefer this to the previous song, but still this is not my style and kinda left me cold.
23 Sophie Simmons: Uhm what? I am confused about this. I mean yeah it wasn't bad, but couldn't really get into this even though it had nice parts.
24  Lenny: A bit weaker than Hello, but this was catchy. As this went on I liked it, even though it could have been stronger.
1742 days 12 hours ago
Talian
01) Ina Wroldsen : Ok, is it just me or sometimes songs’ titles (like this one) are just bomb and then you listen the whole song and they are inserted in such a forced way that you can’t help but wanting to punch whoever wrote it? I totally expected a delusional song about giving an ultimatum to whoever she’s talking to about forgiving or forgetting her. That would have been awesome. This left me empty handed. Also, 2012 is over. Can we stop with this kind of songs?

02) Transviolet : The beat was just so god damn right. How could she ruin it like it? I mean... I get trying to be edgy and punk right now when you have a whispery voice, but ruining such a powerful beat is not the way to go. On a personal note, I hated the I-I-I that composed the chorus. If I wanted to hear someone moan that hard...and here I stop for the children’s sake.

03) Halestorm : I have absolutely no complaints here. I don’t even have that many praises. But other than that, I really enjoyed the song. It’s very Halestorm-esque. And I love them. Also, throwback at that bomb ass song with Lindsey Strirling or whatever her name is (the YouTubed that dubsteps with the violin) with which they won in 2014. It was a bomb ass song. “Shatter me”. Go find it!

04) Amelia Carey : I am firm believer of that if you have a nice voice and a dad who can pay for your music studies you should use them to study and not produce music. This looks so dated. She doesn’t give a fuck. But not in an apathic artistic way. She gives zero fucks. And it shows. This had zero artistic vision.

05) Stargate : When this started circulating I was wondering how two of the best singer songwriters in the world could come out with such a cheap song. Then “Beautiful Trauma” came out and it was clear that P!nk was having a downfall. She used to do the best pop music around until 2012. Then something changed and she became utter shit. Pity. Since Sia also had a downfall right after that. I mean... her first two albums after she decided to go incognito on stages were THAT good. But then, downfall.

06) Elena : 1. As an italiano I’m offended. 2. This song is soooooo good! Like it’s so cheap and stupid that is so good. I can clearly remember this being in my list back in 2014 and always held this in so I’m happy someone finally is using it. Also why do foreigners (which includes even and especially britishes and Americans) use all our gestures like out of context? I mean... they’re not interchangeable.

07) Senhit : Ok, non ho idea di come tu abbia trovato questa canzone. Seguo qualsiasi trend e nuova uscita italiana, indie compreso e decisamente questa mi è sfuggita e A-D-O-R-O! Parliamoci chiaro, quell’abbronzatura penso sia al limite dell’appropriazione culturale ma la canzone è così da Romina Falconi che posso fare a meno di farmela piacere.

08) Georgia Ku : Can we move on from 2012 already? This kinda Avicii collaborations are DATED! I am bored! Please no more! Like, even in 2012 these were cheesy, please stop immediately. I came they this while searching for songs and this passed me by so quickly and so unimpressively that it’s probably gonna win.

09) Fazerdaze : If there was a filter to block all these pretentious whispery songs I would use it and never come back.

10) Benjamin Rihan : Does he really want to taste his own bed?🤣 I am not a huge fan of the falsetto as usual but other than that I have to admit I liked this song but I wasn’t crazy about it. I could easily say it’s one of the first songs this contest I managed to get thru without hating myself.

11) Don Diablo : New drinking game : take a shot every time i say “it’s no more 2012”. Like seriously, this house-y power ballads with added beat drop are so dated. I am over that shite. Also, to sustain my theory that this is too 2012, Jessie J!

12) ILIRA : Ok for how much I didn’t like her winning song this is seriously too much of a copy of “Get Off My Dick” or whatever. And I’m not only talking about the video which I get sometimes you use the same directors and videos come out similar but this is seriously too much of a copy of GOMD for me to stay here and enjoy it even in the slightest.

13) KARA : So now I feel like I’m allowed to think that every single South Korean person ever is in a group. Like there are so many and they always do this all over the place messy songs with no real structure. Don’t get me wrong. I liked this, but this was messy af. They had a dark pop verse with a rock beat drop and a manga theme chorus. Messy. And I loved it.

14) Dermot Kennedy : Fucking perfection. His voice is ace. The song is amazingly good. I would go as far as say this resembles a masterpiece even though it’s not there yet. But wow. This song is THAT BITCH as of now.

15) TONES AND I : I have to admit I expected something atrociously bad but this was actually very nice? I mean.. nothing groundbreaking and sometimes too 2012-ish but overall a nice listen. Even though it definitely needed more of a climax.

16) U2 : This song is a masterpiece. The chorus is just so good I can’t even. I have no idea how this is even eligible. Like this seriously should have been bigger than it ultimately was but honestly probably in my top 20 U2 songs.

17) JP Cooper, Astrid S : Fasten Up. New comment : this is very 2013-ish. But I liked it. I  mean, I would say more but there’s not really more to say. She kills the song a little.

18) Bakermat : This is so early 2000s I can’t even. But I liked it. This is how you successfully create  a throwback moment.

19) SYML : I can’t really put my finger on where I already listened to this but I really like this song. The chorus could have been more but definitely I like it when this comes up. Also living the Minority Report references.

20) Naïka : When the beat came in I was living but I feel like this needed more life overall. I mean, I liked this but this fell in the middle. I would have also loved some sort of melancholic saudage-ist kinda thing or something more rhythmic, but this wasn’t either.

21) Peking Duk : 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Happy new year! Happy 2013!!! Guys fucking 2012 IS OVER!!! Dead!!! Why do we still try and revive it?

22) Maria Hazell : The reprise is amazing. Other than that the songs flows very well and it’s not overly or “underly” produced. It’s just right.

23) Sophie Simmons : Just because Billie Eilish got her big break doesn’t mean thy we have to produce every single wannabe now.

24) Lenny : This was promising and a good show ender but it broke my #1 rule : never replace the chorus with a beat drop!
1742 days 8 hours ago
hellocat
Thought I'd do it early instead of doing it at the weekend. Wait to the end of my post to see the news about Me and what'll happen the coming weeks (not that anyone could care lol) . Or just scroll to the bottom your choice 😂😂 also going to listen half today half tomorrow.

1) Ina Wroldsen This was a quite pleasant opening to the contest but I don't like the Autotune that she's using it puts me off but I guess it's not hugely terrible

2) Transviolet Eh this is average, I didn't really love bits of it but it was a good listen but mainly average I wouldn't listen again.

3) Halestorm had a tiny feeling that it was rock and the verses I didn't enjoy hugely but the chorus are actually really nice and I enjoyed listening to it actually. Really good listen

4) Amelia Carey Well this was something. I sort of really enjoyed this but it was sort of the same thing throughout and it wasn't that wow and to be honest I was quite bored near the end.

5) Stargate This was actually really good. Yes it was basic but I honestly really enjoyed listening to the song and it kept me interested which is a good thing.

6) Elena This is a surprise bop. I absolutely loved it. It's like a Caribbean party and I just loved the whole product throughout the song

7) Senhit The verses were a little bit of a drag but as soon as the chorus hit it was like 🎉🎉 this was literally a bop throughout and I'm definitely going to listen again to this song. Very good job

8) Georgia Ku This was sweet and I sort of was jamming to it but at the same time it felt a bit dated to me. It was a very nice and lovely listen.

9) Fazerdaze I didn't enjoy this whatsoever, it sort of annoyed me aswell. I really had high hopes but they got destroyed by this horrible song.

10) Benjamin Rihan (jesus he's hot!!🔥) Someone put me out cause i'm on fire. This song was actually really catchy and near the end I was singing along to this. Well done.

11) Don Diablo This was a good motivational pop song. She is a very good song and this was a very nice song to lift up your mood. Quite happy with this song.

12 Ilira oh she keeps coming back .this song isn't half bad compared to some of her other songs but it's still really bad and I can't handle it any longer

Anyway I've got news

Thanks to Pierre helping me out and giving me advice I will be able to stay in TSC I will take a three week break but I will be back in TSC 367!!!sorry to any inconvenience this may have caused. I am so grateful to Pierre and you guys know who to thank for saving the contest lol 😂😂😂
1742 days 8 hours ago
hellocat
Also thank you to everyone who has sent lovely messages to me and the forum group aswell they meant so much to me and it made me feel part of the family and I definitely know that when I will leave I will be loved and missed. Thank you all
1742 days 6 hours ago
Patrick319
01) Ina Wroldsen - I like Ina, but this is far from impressive. It sounds quite bland despite being an electro beat, and it's missing 'a moment' that is often present in most of her songs. Body Parts or Mother would have been better choices. This was just okay.
02) Transviolet - PETITION FOR THE HAMPTONS TO BE SENT. YOU WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MY 12!! Objectively, this is probably a better song though. The chorus was a little jarring at first but I warmed to it by the second chorus. Overall, really pleasant. A safe bet to do well I think.
03) Halestorm - This is fine. The chorus has a great hook, and I appreciate the fact it didn't drag on forever. I must be in a good mood because I really enjoyed this.
04) Amelia Carey - I like her voice, and the song has a cool vibe. I wish the chorus went off more, but it's decent. A very decent pop song.
05) Stargate - "ft. P!nk, Sia" how to trigger both Johnny and Felix at once. I don't think anybody asked for Pink and Sia to collaborate, but here we are. Vocals are good, and the production is cool. The chorus is especially good. I enjoyed this a lot more than I'd like to admit.
06) Elena - I've found the Tolis entry. Surprised this hasn't been used before. I don't think it's my favourite Elena song, but the chorus is super catchy. Good choice.
07) Senhit - This is a pleasant surprise. I was expecting a cheap mess, but it sounds well produced. It loses me at the chorus, but the verses are strong. This was a bold choice, but I'm not sure whether it'll pay off.
08) Georgia Ku - This is nice. I wish it had more of a drop, but I have no real complaints about it. It got better as it went on.
09) Fazerdaze - This is the kind of indie nonsense I just don't live for. I don't like her voice, and the song didn't interest me that much. Not a fan.
10) Benjamin Rihan - This sounds like something that would get eliminated in Andra Chansen at Melodifestivalen. I like the build-up immediately preceding the first chorus, but the chorus doesn't impress me. The whole package is extremely meh.
11) Don Diablo - I quite like Don Diablo, but Jessie's inclusion in this makes me question myself. Jessie adds absolutely nothing to this. The beat was fine I guess, but it's far from Diablo's best.
12) ILIRA - IMAGINE HOW TIRED WE ARE. This sounds very childish and annoying. The chorus is kind of catchy, but Get Off My Dick remains the best ILIRA song.
13) KARA - I've been digging lots of Kpop entries recently, so I had high expectations for this. I dig the rock-ish vibe during the verses because that sounds quite new compared to other Kpop songs, but the overall package was a disappointment. The song just isn't very engaging. Sadly not a bop.
14) Dermot Kennedy - A major step down from Power Over Me which I even underappreciated in hindsight. This gives off more so of a singer-songwriter vibe which isn't my thing. It grew on me as it went on, but it's mostly a disappointment.
15) TONES AND I - Well, I wasn't expecting that vocal. This sort of gives off an old school Paloma vibe, until the chorus. The chorus was an unexpected change of pace from the verses, but I still wish it popped off more. I was a little over it by the end, but it's not bad at all.
16) U2 - I was about to say this sounds like it could be from the early 2010's, but I just realized it's from 2013 after all. It's fine. I don't have much of an opinion on it. It mostly passed me by.
17) JP Cooper, Astrid S - JP Cooper does very little for me most of the time. Astrid's inclusion feels kind of random. I wish she had more singing time because I feel like her ethereal vocal could have added something special to this. I don't dislike it, but it sounds too generic for me to remember anything about it even five minutes from now.
18) Bakermat - The chorus injects some much needed energy into this, but the whole package feels very one-note. I'm not impressed.
19) SYML - I'm clearly digging the rock-inspired entries this week because I like this too. I'm loving the underlying 80's vibe too. This normally isn't my style but I'm digging it a lot. Good pick.
20) Naika - Not available in my country. Bad first impression, Naika. The song title made me think this would be a bop like Hey Mamma by Dakota or Sunstroke Project. It was a slow build to get there, but I do see bop potential in this too. I wish the chorus was even more energetic, but it's one of the better songs for sure.
21) Peking Duk - I've had Let You Down on my list since 2017, but I don't think I've heard this. I've enjoyed their past entries a lot, but sadly my expectations weren't met this time. I don't like the drop at all, and that sorta killed my mood regarding the whole thing.
22) Maria Hazell - Had this on my shortlist. Ultimately, the chorus is a bit of a buzzkill so I wouldn't have sent it. I still like this mostly for the verses, but I wish you went for Golden Boy as I think that would have been a far better choice. This isn't bad though.
23) Sophie Simmons - I think I recall liking a song of hers before. This is just okay though. I was a bit bored about halfway through.
24) Lenny - This is giving me Addicted to You by Avicii vibes. I'm digging the country-pop-EDM vibe. Again, I wish the drop popped off more, but I don't mind. Her vocal makes this so much more interesting. Good ending.
1742 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01)        Ina Wroldsen – I’m sure we haven’t submitted ‘mother’ by her yet, why do you go for this? This is pretty unremarkable. I mean it’s fine, but the first slot really isn’t helping your case. :(
02) Transviolet – I like this. A few of the no tes were a bit off-putting but the whole package is fine. :) The chorus really grabs your attention if nothing else.
03) Halestorm – The problem with this type of music for me is that it starts at 100 and because it does, there is no progression. The chorus was good, but I’m not going to come back to this any time as I really disliked the guitar riffs.
04) Amelia Carey – Really solid. The best song for me so far, the chorus could have a little more punch for me, but it’s really good.
05) Stargate – Sia and P!nk sound so good here, honestly there vocal lifts this song so much. Yeah I love this, nothing more to say this is definitely going to be one of the best for me. :)
06) Elena – Tolis’ entry probably his 12 congrats :p  It’s jolly enough, but nothing I can listen to over and over again. As a one-off listen it’s fine. :)
07) Senhit – Dark vibes from the start. This is really good actually, I love her vocal and the song has a really good progression. I love the layered vocal in the chorus too. Really good. :)
08) Georgia Ku – I’m not overly keen on this vocal if I’m being brutally honest. The song is fine, but her vocal is just a little grating. Sorry.
09) Fazerdaze – Hippy dippy vocal, not keen tbh. I don’t even know how to describe this tbh? It’s just happening? It’s just here…dun no…it’s finished and I still have no idea what to say apart from it’s floaty. :p
10) Benjamin Rihan – I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this haha. :p I especially enoyed the build to the chorus. :)
11) Don Diablo – It’s better than I thought it was going to be, Jessie has a killer vocal and she doesn’t show it off here too much, but it’s still good.
12) ILIRA – Dare I say this is my fave song by her? :O Thoroughly enjoyable, it’s not my favourite song so far, but it’s really good. :)
13) KARA – well this was amess :p. An enjoyable mess though. :P  A little dated though. Overall not a bad listen and I enjoyed it. :)
14) Dermot Kennedy – I was looking forward to this, but this was disappointing. Great vocal as usual but the song was dull in the verses and the build to the chorus was painful and the chorus didn’t pick up enoluogh to make up for it.
15) TONES AND I – Love this actually haha. The vocal works well with the piano and the general production. A big surprise actually. :p
16) U2 – In a week where Bibbles may not vote, you may have messed up by sending a song that would have probably got her 12 haha :p It’s U2, it’s going be ok. I’m not sure if it’s going to be in my top 10.
17) JP Cooper, Astrid S – Lazy song writing geezus christ….’do do do dod o do dodododod’ bleh….I can’t get over that. Astrid nearly saves this, as she sounds glorious….but you would need a miracle to make up for that haha :p
18) Bakermat – It was building to something really good, then the drop happened. I hated the oooh wowoowowo noises. Disapponting.
19) SYML – Probably my favourite male vocal so far, just really solid. Good verses, upbeat chorus. Nothing really to complain about.
20) Naïka – Started slow, developed into one of the better songs of the night to be honest. Hands down my favourite vocal of the night. Love her voice.
21) Peking Duk – Ooh I can see this doing very well in this contest. Good vocal, good progression. Yeah I liked this a lot. :) The drum was a bit overkill, but that’s my only criticism.
22) Maria Hazell – Yassssss MARIA slayyyyyyyy……loved this as well. Just cheap and fun pop haha. One of my faves of the night haha. :)
23) Sophie Simmons – Ooh a vocal to rival Naika. Song itself is fine, but the real star is her vocal. :) Really solid. :)
24) Lenny – This was a pleasant and cute ending. Not sure if it will get into my top 10, but it’s fun all the same. :D
1740 days 11 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Ina Wroldsen - It's not a bad song by any means, but I feel like the R3hab remix of the tune shits all over this. Nevertheless, still quite a decent opener.
2. Transviolet - They really peaked with "Bloodstream" and "New Bohemia." This is alright, nothing really oustanding but it's a nice listen overall.
3. Halestorm - Pretty good for what it is, but I feel like that ultimately I will not return to this.
4. Amelia Carey - Wish it had more of a punch to it during the chorus, but otherwise it's a solid pick.
5. Stargate - Same issue as the previous song, although it is more apparent here. This was okay.
6. Elena - Well this is quite trash, but I actually cannot help but like it LMAO. It feels quite weird for me to enjoy something so cheap.
7. Senhit - Quite intriguing. Again, my main complaint would be on the chorus, but otherwise this was pretty decent.
8. Georgia Ku - I feel like I am gonna be repeating myself, but yet again I am quite letdown by the chorus. Overall this was a nice listen, but a bit of a missed opportunity.
9. Fazerdaze - This was definitely not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.
10. Benjamin Rihan - He's very hot, and that's about where my compliments end.
11. Don Diablo - My close friend is absolutely obsessed with Don Diablo, and she loves like every single song released by him. She never really recommended me this song as a must-listen for his discography, and I can tell why. Not horrible by any means, but I don't think this adds anything to this contest.
12. ILIRA - It's definitely nowhere near her best, it actually sounds a bit childish if I'm being honest with you. Not that impressed.
13. KARA - As expected, KARA deliver with their discography. Really digging the rock-metal influences being incorporated here.
14. Dermot Kennedy - Tolerable, but I definitely had higher expectations before listening to this.
15. Tones and I - I expected something horrendous, and I was definitely wrong. The vocal is a bit of an acquired taste though I don't really mind it that much. The chorus definitely did not go into the direction I expected it to. Not bad.
16. U2 - This song was all over the radio a few years ago. It is probably one of my favourite U2 songs too, so good job whoever sent this.
17. JP Copper, Astrid S - Yet again, I'm massively disappointed by the chorus. I feel like I am just gonna repeat myself, so just look at comments number 4 and 5.
18. Bakermat - This is listenable, and I tolerate the drop chorus a bit more than I probably should. Might be enough to score some points from me.
19. SYML - Better take on indie rock. I quite liked this!
20. Naika - I was about to write this off as another forgettable entry, but it really built up quite well towards the chorus, which yet again could have done with more punch to it. Solid song.
21. Peking Duk - Is something wrong with the mixing here? It feels like there was a fault in the finishing product because the drum is turned WAY UP. Not enjoyable at all.
22. Maria Hazell - Very impressed with the verses. Pity the chorus is another thing I need to mention yet again. A bit of a buzzkill.
23. Sophie Simmons - Can't say I was interested throughout. I already don't remember how it goes, not a good sign.
24. Lenny - Reminds me of that Smith & Thell song I won with, with more Avicii/Robin Schulz influences to it. Decent closer to this rather strange contest.
1740 days 10 hours ago
Alexeh23
01) Ina Wroldsen - Definitely not her best but it's far from her worst either, this isn't exactly the same as anything else she's done at least. The chorus could've been stronger but it grew on me as it went on, quite liked this.
02) Transviolet - This was confusing, the verses are quite good but the chorus, while really strong instrumentally, really lets it down melodically and gets quite grating. Together it feels disjointed, couldn't really get into it.
03) Halestorm - Meh, this has been done a lot better before. It was fine but I was unbothered, won't be coming back to it.
04) Amelia Carey - Feel like I should've liked this more than I ultimately did. She has a nice voice but I'm not sure if it works with this kind of song. It's alright as a whole but something feels off, almost a little one note.
05) Stargate - Oh fucking hell who let her out of Beyonce's basement again??? This would've been better with just P!nk but the song felt like a bit of an anticlimax anyway, needed a stronger chorus (or a chorus at all).
06) Elena - Agree that this isn't her best, but it's really fun and catchy. The rap is unnecessary but doesn't really detract from the overall product, I enjoyed this.
07) Senhit - I know this isn't Tengaged Video Contest but lmaooo this video does not match the song at all. It's alright I guess, the verses are much better than the chorus.
08) Georgia Ku - Started off messy but it grew on me quickly. She sounds like a less annoying C*mila C*bello. Wish it had more of a drop but I liked the rest of the package enough for it to not really bother me. Really liked this.
09) Fazerdaze - This was pleasant, the chorus sold me on it. Would've been better with more of the chorus and less of the verses but I was into this.
10) Benjamin Rihan - VERY Melfest and not in the iconic Malou Prytz/Jessica Andersson way so I don't care for it. The pre-chorus was promising though, made me think I was gonna change my mind. But I didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/
11) Don Diablo - For all the jokes about her Jessie J is actually so good. This isn't either of their best, but it sounds like a grower. Willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for now because there are parts of this I really like.
12) ILIRA - I'm so glad we skipped Diablo. Think this might be her best yet tbh, I love how she does something a little different with each song. This reminds me a little of that Betta Lemme song from a few weeks back which I loved. Love this too.
13) KARA - Messy, but overall okay. Doesn't live up to the standard of some of the recent K-pop bangers but it's fun.
14) Dermot Kennedy - Love how his best song hasn't been sent here yet. He has a great voice but most of his music falls a little flat for me, this included. Has its moments but not doing much for me as a whole.
15) TONES AND I - This was a very pleasant surprise. Very Paloma Faith/Gin Wigmore in the vocal which I love. The chorus was a little underwhelming after a really good start, but this was solid.
16) U2 - Well this was really boring. Was just waiting for this to be over tbh, not for me I don't think.
17) JP Cooper, Astrid S - Heard this a couple of days ago and was surprised to see it had been out for a month and hadn't been sent here. It's really solid, the Astrid part isn't really necessary and to be honest I'm not sure it works but I like the song a lot as a whole.
18) Bakermat - This was... listenable, I guess? Sounded fine but I didn't care for it, nothing special.
19) SYML - Ooh I have a couple of his songs on my playlist so was excited for this. It's a different direction to his usual stuff for sure, but I'm really into it. Loving this!
20) Naïka - Slow start but when it picked up I was into this. Tropical bop with some French influences(?), liked this more than I thought I would.
21) Peking Duk - Not for me, a bit too much going on in an unenjoyable way. That drop is seriously annoying.
22) Maria Hazell - Really wish the production in the chorus was stronger, but this still popped off a little bit.
23) Sophie Simmons - Yeah whatever there's so much of this MOR stuff this contest I'm running out of things to say without repeating myself too much. It's fine but I don't care. Album filler released as a single.
24) Lenny - Very Avicii and I'm here for it. It wasn't quite as strong as I was hoping it would be, but a nice listen and a good closer.
1740 days 5 hours ago
Darbe
This is my first week judging ayy.
Ye so most of the songs were kind of on the same MOR level to me so if I didn't write much about it then I probably found the song fine but nothing too stand out to make me comment further on it.

01 Ina        I could imagine this sort of song doing well in the UK charts. It's too repetitive for my liking.
02 Transviolet        The verses are giving me hints of Melanie and the chorus is giving me hints of Billie. Decent enough.
03 Halestorm        Kudos for sending a rock song. I like the electric guitar solos and the chorus is cool. Not sure abt the lyrics however.
04 Amelia        I like her husky soundin voice, the whole thing reminds me a bit of Dua, pretty smooth.
05 Stargate        This song is pretty lackluster despite having two familiar voices. Sia sounds great as always but I've heard this song like 6 times now and I still can't really remember much abt it which isn't a good sign
06 Elena        This sounds like the sort of stuff Moldova usually send to ESC. Silly and cheap but it cheered me up.
07 Senhit        The verses and bridge are relatively promising, but the chorus is kind of a non-chorus. The visuals don't look like they go with the song at all lol.
08 Georgia        Camila and Bebe had a baby. Passable but generic.
09 Fazerdaze        oh ye I think by default I'll probably always rank these kinda songs high cus I like this kind of music. I like the way the pre-chorus builds and the mv is aesthetically pleasing. I usually like echo for effect but it was maybe a bit too strong in the verses for me and I wish the instrumental was a little bit stronger in the chorus cus its hard to hear really any transition there. Either way, this is the song I'm probably most likely to re-listen to so thx
10 Benjamin        A hot guy singing about hot ppl stuff? Revolutionary concept. This sounds a bit like something Liam Payne would sing.
11 Don        I always forget Jessie J is still releasing music lmao. Not her best, not her worst.
12 ILIRA        This song really stands out as being one of the most fun entries here.
13 KARA        This song flows so weirdly. One second it sounds like The Way by Ariana then the rock pre-chorus sounds cool and badass and then the chorus sounds like something from HSM. Wut.
14 Dermot        Listening to these songs for the last hour momentarily made me forget men even exist in music. Anyway, I liked his voice.
15 Tones and I        The music video makes this song sound a lot sillier than the sound is lol
16 U2        I honestly would not have recognised this was U2 if nobody told me
17 JP Cooper        Oh this just reminded me that September Song exists. This was strong I think I'll return to this one.
18 Bakermat        https://66.media.tumblr.com/9e794bcb4bea5292496b6b63a2bb9879/tumblr_ppzjjoAS3Z1uatjgyo4_400.gif .
I liked the music video, song was okay.
19 SYML        I like the 80s influence yeh I enjoyed this
20 Naika        OKAY YES this is actually good. It was placed perfectly in the running order too like I kinda needed this. I wish that bit starting at 2:17 didn't exist, but lets forget that happened. Great choice.
21 Peking        I don't usually dig this kind of stuff but I actually kind of liked this drop. A bit more memorable than most of the songs here.
22 Maria        Just kinda sounds like every other house track I guess. I prefer the verses to the chorus.
23 Sophie        Yeah fine but kinda forgettable to me
24 Lenny        It sounds like a combo of like 3 avicii songs. It's decent yeah.
1738 days 23 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Ina Wroldsen - It's got the type of production that I can definitely get behind. Not COMPLETELY sold on it as a whole, but it definitely grew on me as it went on.
02) Transviolet - Was thrown off by the chorus the first time around, but another one that grew on me. Into it.
03) Halestorm - I liked this more than I'd care to admit, but the novelty  (well, novelty for me because I don't listen to THIS SHIT) kinda wore off about halfway through.
04) Amelia Carey - Immediately into her tone. Also like her delivery. Was hoping for the chorus to pop more, but it's cool as hell. Like this a lot.
05) Stargate - OMG BOYCOTT TSC. It's been quite a while since I've been into P!nk, but I think she absolutely served here. Another that I wish really popped off at the chorus, but overall, yet another song that I liked.
06) Elena - Hi, Tolis. Probably her weakest effort, but still has an infectious energy.
07) Senhit - I was waiting to be let down by the chorus, but I actually quite enjoyed it. Not sure if I'm in a really good mood or this is a really good contest, but another one I'm into.
08) Georgia Ku - Less enthusiastic about this one than a lot of the previous entries, but it's solid.
09) Fazerdaze - I found myself toe tapping to this for far longer than I should have. Songs that I've previously given toe tapping comments to... I AM SO SORRY, SWEETIE. Good mood over. 
10) Benjamin Rihan - I tried very hard to find this sexy, but it never really happened. Honestly, it may have been, but I don't think I can ever recover from the kissing sound at :27. I'm so dry right now.
11) Don Diablo - It's about 75% there for me in all aspects. Just slightly under baked.
12) ILIRA - Good chorus and production, but completely unsold by the verses. Good, but feels like there's a lot of untapped potential to it.
13) KARA - k-pop has been killing it with me lately. Unfortunately, this isn't really my brand of it. Not bad by any means, just not my style.
14) Dermot Kennedy - It's great vocally. Wasn't so sure for a bit if I was into it beyond the vocal, but I definitely started to feel it and was engaged until the end. The lack of penis thus far is definitely helping it.
15) TONES AND I - lmfao, the vocal is such an exaggerated Paloma Faith. Regardless of that, I fucking love the vibe of it and the vocal became less ridiculous to me over time.
16) U2 - Pleasant, but something that won't really make an impact for me by the end (and we're already more than halfway through, so yeaaaaahhhhhh).
17) JP Cooper, Astrid S - Lurve his voice. Smooth. Astrid really brought nothing extra to the table, which is unfortunate. 
18) Bakermat - Not Tengaged Video Contest, but the video is SUH CUHTE. Alex Clare sounds good as per usual. Cute production. Cute song.
19) SYML - Got my toes tapping. Cool feel to it overall. A huge step up from most indie rock that's sent here.
20) Naïka - Took a little while to start going, but once it went there, girl it WENT THERE.
21) Peking Duk - I was really fucking into this until the drop. Any other drop that was even remotely interesting would have made this great. I had a hard time recovering from it, honestly.
22) Maria Hazell - Another one on a pretty long list of songs this contest that could have been KILLER with a stronger chorus. Regardless, issabop.
23) Sophie Simmons - Nice voice, but pretty underwhelmed with it as a whole.
24) Lenny - Not a vibe that I'm always into, but can be when it's done well. This is done well.
1738 days 23 hours ago
rodrigueseve
01- Ina Wroldsen- wow she really went downhill after Lay It On Me. In all seriousness, the beat on the chorus was good but the verses were awful
02- Transviolet- Well this dropped harder then Farrah Moan during the talent show. I love it. The electronic chorus makes it way more interesting but the verses are pretty decent too
03- Halestorm- I actually enjoyed the chorus, it really goes off and is very melodic while the verses are basically noise
04- Amelia Carey- I dont know what it is about this one but I really enjoyed it. It was just dark and edgy enough for me and kept me bopping which is weird cuz it’s kind of a throwbacky style track at least for me
05- Stargate- It keeps its momentum, quite nice. Sia doesn’t really fit this kind of song vocally but this is well produced enough for me to overlook it
06- Elena- This is actual trash. It’s annoyingly catchy but you won’t catch me giving this points
07- Senhit- I like bits of this. I like the vocal and the language makes it special but the chorus sounds really weak and doesn’t do the track justice at all
08- Georgia Ku- I like the build up but then they do this anti climatic thing and I thought I would hate it. But when it finally went somewhere it was even more satisfying. Good songwriting there, really enjoyed this
09- Fazerdaze- Well this is very indie and alternative and while I can appreciate some of those songs this one just ain’t my style cuz it feels really old fashioned
10- Benjamin Rihan- This doesnt really have anything wrong but I just couldn’t get into it. To be honest after he asked if he could taste whoever and added a kiss sound after I just couldn’t take this seriously either and that may have been the problem
11- Don Diablo- Now this was alright, it got me bopping a little, I wish the instrumental bit was louder but this was solid enough
12- ILIRA- I hate to admit but this is freaking iconic. I like the contrast from verses to chorus which have a slightly different vibe. And the lyrics and mood of the song were just overall really good. I really enjoyed this
13- KARA- I hate to be the one specially cuz I’m one of the kpop people here. But I couldn’t really get into this one. The guitars in the verses were a bit too aggressive and the chorus wasn’t very remarkable for me and the whole package just ends up being forgettable for me
14- Dermot Kennedy- I dig this, I love his voice and the song is overall really chill and nice. I think the vocal delivery does elevate an otherwise rather bland package here
15- TONES AND I- I could have dug this but this voice throughout the whole song deeply annoyed me. Disappointing cuz the track really is something I could enjoy
16- U2- I have heard this before. For some reason this to me sounds like a Arctic Monkeys song to me. Needless to say this gives me a nostalgia feel sound wise which is a feel not a lot of songs manage to and this is just smooth yet solid
17- JP Cooper, Astrid S- Ok I actually really like the production it’s that chill cute duet pop song I have heard too many times but keep enjoying. The lyrics are a cringefest tho and almost made me hate this
18- Bakermat- Love the raunchy voice the build is good and the chorus has me going. The verses are quite the blur but I’ll forgive it
19- SYML- Again this was a bit too alternative for me and just really didn’t interest me at all musically
20- Naika- Ok I doubt I would have this on repeat but for one listen this is my SHIT. This transported me right to a Latin American countries street and I was feeling like the baddest bitch during this whole thing. Really catchy as well this is LOVELY
21- Peking Duk- See this is how you incorporate alternative pop elements yet keep me hooked. The verses had alternative bits thrown here and there but the chorus was modern and kept me hooked and the drop was just IT
22- Maria Hazell- I love the club beat and this was really so engaging and I was here bopping. Really solid pop song to be honest I would get down to this shit
23- Sophie Simmons- This had a nice vibe it almost felt like a witch spell in the verses but it never really grabbed me enough and I never got truly into it
24- Lenny- This was quite ok, nothing outstanding but it was well done. I wish the instrumental part would be stronger or quicker kind of like Iceland 2016 in Eurovision
1738 days 21 hours ago
ianfitz0012
01) Ina Wroldsen - I really liked her the last time she was submitted. But this is much more basic and a let down as a song overall.
02) Transviolet - This is fucking weird but I kinda like it
03) Halestorm - Love the title but the song is very like instrumental in a teen angsty movie
04) Amelia Carey - Doubt there's a relation to Mariah I'll say that :D
05) Stargate - This song sucks and I've never liked it.
06) Elena - This fun P toned song is making my ass dance and I guess that's all I need
07) Senhit - If you want a foreign song it has to slap harder than this…
08) Georgia Ku - Yea the chorus is not what I expected and I can't tell if I want it to be a bigger drop or not because it kind of grew on me as I listened to the song
09) Fazerdaze - NO
10) Benjamin Rihan - This sounds like lots of tame songs by men trying to be relevant
11) Don Diablo - Oh I actually know this song. If it wins I'll feel dumb for not submitting it. This is definitely one of the better songs she's put out recently
12) ILIRA - She's fine yeah she's catchy whatever but she can't win again sorry
13) KARA - no keep it
14) Dermot Kennedy - This is boring and doesn't reach any heights imo
15) TONES AND I - Was going to submit this next week. Guess not! The only thing I don't like is her voice and how she flaunts her nasal tones just a liiiiiittle too much in it
16) U2 - WHY?
17) JP Cooper, Astrid S - it's MORP cute and a fun listen
18) Bakermat - pretty formulaic and not great but at least the video is interesting
19) SYML - is this over yet
20) Naïka - I like this but not sensing much energy from this which ultimately makes the song suffer
21) Peking Duk - this got grating quickly
22) Maria Hazell - love her vocals and the song is fine enough
23) Sophie Simmons - the song's not grand by any means but I didn't hate it
24) Lenny - at least it sounds a bit different from its predecessors? I could see me really liking this after a few listens… we'll see
1738 days 21 hours ago
Aquamarine
01) Ina Wroldsen - I've already heard this before because I stan Ina. This song is very MOR as far as I'm concerned for her.
02) Transviolet - Edgelord submission #1. No one cares. Pass.
03) Halestorm - I was hoping for screamo but nevertheless it still kind of went off a bit.
04) Amelia Carey - Another who the hell cares song. Jesus christ let the boycott continue!
05) Stargate - BOYCOTT SIA BOYCOTT SIA SHE'S A STUPID CUNT WHO GAVE RICK DEVENS $100,000. I WILL NEVER GIVE HER POINTS.
06) Elena - This is always wild and this has to be Tolis because I'm pretty sure he entered her last time.
07) Senhit - It's not in English bye bye
08) Georgia Ku - I kind of didn't hate this I like her voice I guess. It's fine. It's not fantastic.
09) Fazerdaze - Nope.
10) Benjamin Rihan - Jesus christ what is this week maybe I shouldn't have boycotted anything I would have submitted has to have been better than this.
11) Don Diablo - Don't you threaten ME Jessie J! Dear god this week is really something isn't it?
12) ILIRA - lol I should hate this because she's won before but I really enjoyed this. What a toot.
13) KARA - this time its a solid no from me dawg
14) Dermot Kennedy - This is some white people bullshit and I hated it the last time it was entered and I hate it this time.
15) TONES AND I - Not a fan of the video and the song was just kind of dragging and dont throw a fit about me commenting about the VIDEO
16) U2 - As much as I'm sure people are going to complain about this, I don't hate it.
17) JP Cooper, Astrid S - I mean this was fine. It was KIND of vanilla white bullshit but it wasn't bad.
18) Bakermat - Remember when we left Alex Clare in 2014? Me too. I think we should keep it that way. Still hated it less than half the contest. Ok its REALLY growing on me.
19) SYML - So far this is my guess for the bibbles song because ok who in the world else would submit this?
20) Naika - Congrats on your win this is fine I guess.
21) Peking Duk - Wow a girl smearing her face with paint in a forest and then people walking through a field, that's never been done before! Fuck this song.
22) Maria Hazell - This is quite possibly the most forgettable submission in a horrible week which might be a good thing.
23) Sophia Simmons - This is vaguely likable to me. I'll probably point it but it's such a toss up with this forgettable contest.
24) Lenny - Is it just me or is every song kind of blurring together in this game? They all kind of sounded the same.
1738 days 17 hours ago
PoohSnap
01) Ina Wroldsen- This was cool, it vibed, it kinda stayed at one level all the way through.
02) Transviolet- It felt kinda empty, but I still liked it. Not the drop though.
03) Halestorm- So angsty, wow. And dated.
04) Amelia Carey- It was okay, the lyrics didn’t really seem that fresh. But it was pleasant.
05) Stargate- I feel like Sia keeps popping up in this contest! But I actually really like this. There was a nice progression, I just didn’t like the screamy parts.
06) Elena- This slapped. It was fun, catchy, and I liked the guitar/club combination.
07) Senhit- So many songs are trying to be something they aren’t. Like this felt so sleepy. Idk.
08) Georgia Ku- The singer sounds like a chipmunk on helium, but other than that, this was actually decent and I liked the mix so much.
09) Fazerdaze- A song in the shoegazing/lo-fi genre? Check. Yes. Add to playlist.
10) Benjamin Rihan- This had me from the start. It’s very atmospheric and lives up to its title in a great way.
11) Don Diablo- It was a little bit of dialed down soulful. It was cool, but also just passed right by me and wasn’t very remarkable.
12) ILIRA- Boppy, catchy, and I like her voice. It’s a full mood!
13) KARA- Mmmm it was sleepy like some of these other songs but that actually worked for this one a little better. It had a power behind it.
14) Dermot Kennedy- I’ve heard this before, and I like it! He has a nice raspy voice, it’s cool.
15) TONES AND I- At first it was so-so but as it went on I really started enjoying it. It has a nice beat that you can lock into.
16) U2- It wasn’t bad at all but I didn’t connect with it really. It was just background band music.
17) JP Cooper, Astrid S- This made me so happy! It was kinda anthemy but also it flowed really well. Loved it!
18) Bakermat- Some things had typical motivational song tropes in it but I liked that it was less intense. I liked it.
19) SYML- That chorus tho >> this was like a classic indie band sound and I dug it
20) Naïka- She has a neat voice. It has a lilt to it that’s cool. The song itself sounded very similar throughout but it was also a good similar.
21) Peking Duk- Wow! This is just such a lit song.
22) Maria Hazell- This is good, it felt a little lacking in the instrumentals.
23) Sophie Simmons- This kept the same level throughout but it also had a nice wave that it rode throughout.
24) Lenny- This was folky but it also had pop elements and it was so Americana and I liked her voice. Solid.
1738 days 15 hours ago
LornaHollas
1. The verses were quite bad but the chorus was better despite being repetitive
2. Definitely digging this one. Gives me Melanie Martinez vibes
3. This has so much power and energy. I love it!
4. I like the accent in her voice. Really like this
5. Didn't know there was a pink and Sia Collab but I quite like it
6. Gives me Alexandra Stan vibes. The rap was horrendous and not needed!
7. Meh! It was alright
8. Her voice is quite annoying and the song is dull
9. This grew on me as it went along. It's atmospheric!
10. The line about cherry lips made me cringe. No thanks
11. I expected more from this. It was alright but sounds like so many others
12. Not her best but I still enjoyed it
13. This was such a mess!
14. Painfully boring!
15. Feels like a bad episode of still game
16. Not bad but feels a bit like an album filler
17. Not something I'd return to but it was a decent listen
18. This was a bop! Really enjoyed his voice and whole feel to the song
19. It's alright for a one time listen
20. Very catchy chorus. I like the vibe to this
21. The beat drop gave me a bit of a headache
22. This song is a mood!
23. It's different. It grew on me as it went along
24. Wish this was longer. Really enjoyed the style of this

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!