This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Fritzy's 2017 Off-Season Extravaganza

Topic » Fritzy's 2017 Off-Season..

2333 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Another year, another display of my lack of a social life, and life in general, allowing me the time to compile this. Like last off-season, I'll be doing another set of rankings for the year, and MAYBE stat updates, but I've realized that nobody really cares about them other than like... Patrick, just to bitch about how many points I owe him.

I shortlisted over 100 songs from the past TSC season. I ranked them all a few times and averaged the totals out, as my tastes day-to-day can be slightly bipolar. For now, I'll be revealing the top 50 over an undetermined span of time, depending on how bored I am or based on feedback. Each of those 50 will have a little write-up that nobody gives a shit about. Once I get through the top 50, I'll reveal the rankings of each every song that I shortlisted (I used to do a cut-off point, but figured I'd just post all of them because they're shortlisted for a reason).

How did I settle on the number 50 for the reveals? Well, with each write-up, I'll be presenting you with https://i.imgur.com/F8a535r.gif  One quote/pearl of wisdom (if you will), from a near 30-something with life experiences such as: attempting to chase down AlphaBravo's TSC win record, enduring hours of bad Buzzfeed quizzes with TolisKalkas, taking the wrong insulin a few times, and compiling lists for nobody elses pleasure but their own.

Feel free to comment along/discuss/trash my taste/bitch that not enough of your entries are on the list despite it being really early on in the rankings with many possibilities to come. If you don't see any of your entries on my list, don't worry, as it's customary for a few others to do off-season ranking lists as well, and their tastes might better align with yours than mine do. Tacky disclaimer.

Songs not eligible for the list are the following: 80's week songs, Eurovision entries (this year I WILL be ranking Melfest songs, but be warned that I'm a little sick of them due to overplay), covers, entries from TSC 291 (as I was not present), and entries from TSC 300 (as they're all previous entries).

Trigger warning spoiler: CupcakKe will be here. Judge me.

https://i.gyazo.com/339921b8e45db5077559f401115bd888.gif
2333 days 8 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
50) Anjulie - "Criminal" // Sent by Patrick319 // TSC 297 -- 4th Place, 83 points (7 points given).

I mean, come on, Anjulie... this almost qualified as a legitimate motivational quote. https://gyazo.com/52f8bf9981249b676864db80b68ec122

Other than the song being a genuine lowkey bop (note to self: please limit the amount of times you say bop on these write-ups), my favorite thing about this entry is that it's got at least 1k dislikes on the video because it's "not SpinninRecords enough to be posted on SpinninRecords." By those standards, that's enough for me to like it.

---"I gave my fucking opinion, respect it if you want me to respect yours." - rodrigueseve; "Bad Girls Club: TSC Edition"---
2333 days 7 hours ago
Patrick319
yes starting things off with one of my songs

just how I like it
2333 days 7 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
49) Skott - "Glitter & Gloss" // Sent by Alexeh23 // TSC 287 -- 10th place, 48 points (12 points given).

Oops, shit.

I know a lot of people bitched about this having an elephant sound as the drop, but that's a complete non-issue for me, considering I'm in love with a gem by producer Ben Khan which is made up of almost entirely all elephant noises. Deal with it. Judge me. Etc.

---"I was talking to myself, as I often do, because I am my own best friend." - Tiffany "New York" Pollard---
2333 days 7 hours ago
Patrick319
I love elephant farts
2333 days 3 hours ago
Alexeh23
Ooh I have a song here :o <3
2333 days 2 hours ago
ricktworick1
ELEPHANT FARTS
2333 days 2 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
48) Elena - "Body Song" // Sent by TolisKalkas // TSC 287 -- 4th place, 80 points (10 points given).

Tolis asked me if this was in my Top 50. I told him it placed 51st. Lie? Well, guess what, Mimi? We did. That's my Body Song, not yours.

---"What if I never ever see you again? My life would be over without you by my side. We do have a problem that we must face. I just want to hear your voice again before it's over. GET ON YOUR FEET *INAUDIBLE* GET ON YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME." - Ryan Brown; "Call Me"---
2333 days 1 hour ago
ricktworick1
*INAUDIBLE*
2333 days 1 hour ago
Fritzyyyyy
To be fair, in different respects:

- I think it's Ryan's best song overall and definitely his best production, though it's on the borderline of ripping off Carly Rae Jepsen.
- He doesn't have lyrics listed at Genius... for like, some reason. *shrug*
- Me trying to compile the lyrics means that I listened to it. Any publicity is good publicity, right?
2333 days ago
Fritzyyyyy
47)  Kacy Hill - "Arm's Length" // Sent by Insanity17 // TSC 296 -- 11th place, 59 points (8 points given).

While shortlisting stuff, I didn't think this stood much of a chance to place this highly on my list, but alas, here we are. I think I said in my original comments that this sounds like something I'd send back in the day when TSC was more inclined to vote for singer-songwriters. I think it toes that line while not being a total singer-songwriter bore. It has punch to it. There's solid lyrical content. I FEEL it.

---"Don't pick up the phone. You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone." - Dua Lipa; "New Rules"---
2332 days 23 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
46) Bryce Fox - "Horns" // Sent by bibbles // TSC 265 -- 4th place, 80 points (6 points given).

We did it, bibbs! A compromise on taste that falls in line for both of us. It's got rock elements to it that most (if not all) of your entries do, but it doesn't overdo it for me. I think you're the most genuine person I've come across here, and while this isn't a list where THAT MATTERS, I don't think I've said how much I appreciate your presence in TSC enough. I love that I get to praise one of your entries whilst praising you as well, since I know you put quite a bit of effort into finding new artists even though they're not typically well received by the masses here (myself included). You stick to your guns and it's awesome.

---"got to be good at something, cos im obviously not good at music!" - bibbles, on succeeding at ending homophobia.---
2332 days 17 hours ago
Patrick319
Kacy Hill was so underrated. It should have placed top 10.
2332 days 16 hours ago
Alexeh23
Kacy Hill was so underrated. It should have placed top 10.
2332 days 15 hours ago
rodrigueseve
Omg I feel so flattered that the 1st motivational quote was by me also can't wait for my songs to hit the canvas
2332 days 15 hours ago
bibbles
gosh fritz, im touched, such lovely words. i love being here, where my songs end up at the end of the votes doesnt matter to me, its the taking part (and trying to educate you all on what good music is!!!!!!!), so thank you. and im honoured that i made the list!

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!