This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC 296 Final

Topic » TSC 296 Final

2382 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
16) Nabiha - 'Young'

17) Lorde - 'Perfect Places'

18) Noonie Bao - 'Reminds Me'
2382 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
2382 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
2382 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
2382 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
2382 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
19) Selena Gomez, Marshmellow - 'Wolves'

20) Girls' Generation - 'All Night'

21) Walker Hayes - 'Halloween (ft. Nicolle Galyon)'
2382 days 3 hours ago
TolisKalkas
All 21 songs have been posted!

Make sure you listen to all of the songs, post your comments and then send your votes to me. Please give 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 to your favourite ten songs. If you don't know how to vote, please PM me.

The live results show will be on Sunday, 8 PM BST/3 PM EDT.

Good luck!
2381 days 23 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
01) Loic Nottet - I should be used to Loic's voice by now, but I was still immediately startled when the vocal kicked in. Having trouble understanding his English, TBH. It's weird, and even halfway through I'm trying to decide if I'm into it or not. Torn.
02) Kristina - Immediately snappy/clappy. Too cheerful for me right now, I'm afraid.
03) Sophie Rose - First few chords and I have a feeling this might be too singer/songwriter-y for me. Eh, I was wrong. Not in love with it, but not TOO singer-songwriter-y.
04) Vera Blue - Dark and a bit dreary, which is usually a plus. My worry about this, like a minute in, is that it's going to be a little stagnant. Yep, it's heading that way. It better slay the fucking house down in the last 30 seconds... nah, it did nothing of the sort. It failed to deliver on the promise it had, but I didn't hate it.
05) Liis Lemsalu - I was actually considering entering "Keep Running" (aka Carly Rae Jepsen-lite) this contest. This was a nice change of pace. Don't think I'll necessarily go back to it, but enjoyable enough for a one time listen.
06) Derrick Barry - I'm trying to keep an open mind because I can't STAND Derrick Barry. As openminded as I could be, I still quite disliked this.
07) Nadine Coyle - Girlllllllllllllllllllll. First one tonight that I was completely sold on.
08) Jorge Blanco - OMG, Derek is back?!? Pretty feel-good entry, but to me, borders SLIGHTLY on cheesy. Solid enough voice. It's fine.
09) Kacy Hill - This is giving me some-old school TSC vibes where I'd record songs from soundcloud and upload them to Youtube myself, only to have most people shit on my efforts. ^_^
10) Daya - Upon reflection, although I think I might have liked them for very short periods of time, I'm not really in love with any of Daya's previous mainstream work. It's iight.
11) The Common Linnets - I get the appeal, but not for me.
12) Joan Thiele - Immediately, there's something off-kilter about the production that I THINK I'm into. Yeah, I'm mostly into this.
13) Ten Tonnes - See #11.
14) Nause - I was hoping for a killer chorus, and while I didn't get it, I LOVE the rest of this.
15) Junior Empire - Pleasant, but not sure I'm sold on anything else about this in particular.
16) Nabiha - The production gets a little too CHAINSMOKER-ISH in the chorus, but I really like the rest of it, and really, I can deal with that type of production if I enjoy the rest of the package.
17) Lorde - Was hoping it would be something else from Melodrama that wasn't a flop single (although I don't think it SHOULD have flopped). Not my favorite from the album, but I do enjoy it, though it'll get knocked down a few spots with me personally because it's extremely obv.
18) Noonie Bao - It's different. Whoa, it's over already? Right when I was starting to get into it -- POOF, IT'S GONE.
19) Selena Gomez, Marshmello - The drop was rather disappointing for this combo. The rest of it is iiiiiiight.
20) Girls' Generation - Very 80's, which is a plus, but vocally so fucking bubblegum at parts that it's really hard to sell me on this.
21) Walker Hayes - So Macklemore that it hurts.
2381 days 19 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
01) Loic Nottet – Speaking of Mudbloods, I went to The Cursed Child yesterday and it was amazing. :p ‘Rhythm Back’ is one of my favourite Eurovision entries of all time. This is good, not as outstanding as ‘Million Eyes’ though. Thank goodness for the chorus though.

02) Kristina – Mean Girls wannabee. I’ve heard this before and it’s cute, but really sickly at the same time. I like it though. The horns/trumpets were annoying too. I’m tired of these cliché videos. SEXISM 2017. :p

03) Sophie Rose – Not for me, I’m afraid. I mean I’ve probably given songs like this points before, but there is something about her voice that grated on me. That falsetto set me on edge and the uhuhhhuhuuh she sang set me on edge even more.

04) Vera Blue – A little slow to pick up. But it is magical in places and I love the way she wailed. Getting towards the love pile for me. It almost sounds like a Christmas style song with those jangly bells or chimes, whatever they are. Yeah really solid. :)

05) Liis Lemsalu – I’m pretty sure I have entered two of the artists here before and Liis is one of them. In a contest like this I wasn’t expecting to see her used. I really enjoy her music, I wish she made something more like ‘Breaking the rules’ though. This is cool. Just not as good as I was hoping it was going to be (so I could enter it into ESCT). :p

06) Derrick Barry – Hems everywhere. I stitched this hem and that hem….every hem you see I STITCHED. Just call me Hemmy.Very early 2000s. God she looks so like Britney. Toxic Britney at that (the best Era). Vaguely catchy…I carried on watching for the Season 8 cameos. They make fun on her but they clearly love her. I like how she finishes the song and no one claps.

07) Nadine Coyle
[03/10/2017 11:16:35] Other Contestant: WHY DON'T YOU GO TO WORK

DO YOUR 9 TO 5
[03/10/2017 18:43:44] Pete Catch: uh excuse you
[03/10/2017 18:47:38] Pete Catch: when you messaged that I was actually teaching. So check your facts pls
[03/10/2017 18:48:00] Pete Catch: :p
[03/10/2017 18:53:32] Other Contestant: THAT'S NADINE COYLES SONG
[03/10/2017 18:53:41] Pete Catch: Don't care
[03/10/2017 18:53:50] Pete Catch: you insulted my honour :p
[03/10/2017 18:55:47] Pete Catch: Not sure if I like it tbh

^^ That conversation sums up my feelings quite nicely and that was a few weeks ago. A little too messy. When I start to get into it changes styles again. I want to love this as I feel like she was treated so badly by Cheryl,  but I just can’t get into this.

08) Jorge Blanco – Solid vocals minus that falsetto and the yell. :p It’s good, I know I’m not going to come  back and listen to this again. I’m considering moving this down my ranking because of that girl who was wearing like three pairs of sunglasses at once. The video has finished and I still have not got over that. YOU’RE NOT COOL.

09) Kacy Hill – I like her vocals. A little whispery and whiny, but solid enough. :) The chorus is a bit lacklustre but it’s solid enough.

10) Daya – For a vaguely established artist I’m going to have higher standards and this kind of meet them. I’m not overly keen on that high notes, but everything else is pretty on point. :) You spend so long waiting for predictable drop and then it sounds like you’re wading through quicksand…

11) The Common Linnets – One of my favourite ever TSC entries is ‘We don’t make the wind bow’ which I gave 20 points in the best of contest a couple of years ago. This is nowhere near that quality. It’s pleasant enough, but when you have heard a fantastic song by them you expect that quality every time and this feels like a massive step back.

12) Joan Thiele – cute horses. Ok I don’t really question song lyrics unless they’re really stupid or a cliché. But spelling Armenia and saying never ‘give it up’ strikes me as some sort of brainwashing. I looked up the meaning and could only find people saying on Youtube that it is actually about Armenia in Colombia and the Armenians that fled Armenia after the genocide. Well that took a dark turn for such a peppy song…I don’t know…she’s telling people not to give up the fact they’re Armenian? Catchy but repetitive. Not sure how much I  like this and I’ve listened to it three times now. :p

13) Ten Tonnes – Not overly keen on the vocals, but I like the rock vibe in general and that surprises me. This reminds me of a song that by brother’s band produced. Maybe I should enter them one day. The video is low quality though so I’m not sure if Tolis would accept it. :p

14) Nause – Love the piano. Strong verses. Wish the chorus was as strong. The verses are great though and kind of make up for the boom boom boom part (not that it’s bad, but just isn’t as good as the rest of the track). Yeah cool cool, surprising. After Junior Empire I had to drive my Mum somewhere and this was in my head the whole journey, so it must be catchy. :)

15) Junior Empire – wtf…I actually really enjoyed this. I didn’t think I would, but I did. I liked the androgynous nature of the vocals and the build of the whole song. A real surprise. :)

16) Nabiha – Another one of my favourite ever entries was by her ‘Animals’ which I listen to quite likely. So again I’m really disappointed as this isn’t as good, not by a long way. I feel like these lyrics have been used hundred of times. But vocals are good so in this contest that makes it a contender for some points. :p

17) Lorde – ‘Royals’ is one of my favourite songs of all time, so again this is disappointing…but nothing is ever going to live up to Royals. Actually this was not really enjoyable. Talk singing in the verses…meh…probably my least favourite song by her. It’s not bad, just for an established artist she should be standing out and she really isn’t.

18) Noonie Bao – I’m gonna be honest last week I was shocked with the winner, I didn’t think it was in contention at all and suddenly it wins by like 30 points…so here we have another unconventional female vocal and I like this a whole lot more. So yeah that probably means it’s gonna come last. :p Magical and solid. :)

19) Selena Gomez, Marshmellow – Sounds like an Avicii track. :p Wtf is this video? It’s making me feel seasick. For an established artist this is standing out a lot more than Lorde. Nothing phenomenal but solid enough. Excuse me whilst I throw up because of my seasickness.

20) Girls' Generation – it’s interesting to hear how 80s American disco (Earth, Wind and Fire) is influencing Korean music. :) Cute, really cute actually. No real complaints. Nothing ground breaking, but cute enough. :)

21) Walker Hayes – Someone wasn’t just gonna let the Halloween theme go. ‘I HAVE A SONG CALLED HALLOWEEN AND THEY’RE NOT RUNNING A HALLOWEEN THEME THIS YEAR???????? UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ He sounds like the singer from 21 pilots…I don’t know, I don’t even know if it beats out the other duet of this contest. Ah…I’ll have to listen to this again and I don’t think that is a great sign.
2381 days 18 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
I didn't even realise that I liked more than 10 songs this week.
So at least one song that I liked is getting no points. :O

Good luck all. :)
2381 days 9 hours ago
onemanarmy
Good Luck To All

1. Loïc Nottet - Mud Blood - I have this on my playlist but it did take several listens before it made it's way there...not as instantly OMG yes as Million Eyes and Hungary Heart was for me and not one of my overall favorites from this album but it did grow on me eventually and in a TSC contest where I usually dislike more songs than I like it should still do decent with me, just not sure how it will do with the others...I mean Million Eyes only got 7th when I entered it here.

2. Kristína - Si pre mňa best - The Sound is in my taste range but I'm not sure I'm feeling the language, one of those songs that would really grow on me as I learn the lyrics but doesn't quite work for me in this language, not ruling it out for points for it but is reason why it won't find a home on my playlist.

3. Sophie Rose - Two Young Lovers - I do like her voice, the sound pre chorus was lackluster but enjoyed the chorus, overall it's a clean sound which I like but I'm just not overly wowed by this, a bit so what for me which are usually the type of songs that compete for my bottom points.

4. Vera Blue - Settle - For me Sarah McLachlan owns this sound and this doesn't measure up to the song of Sarah's this so much reminds me of. Sadly all this did was make me wanna put on one of Sarah's albums.

5. Liis Lemsalu - EI PEATU - Was liking this at the start but then it went in a direction of sound that didn't really appeal to me, enjoyed the verses more than the chorus, enjoyed the language of this one though, not all languages appeal to me but I love the Estonian sound. Overall it's not bad.
2380 days 17 hours ago
FuegoEscoces
01) Loic - I've never been the biggest fan of his voice (I know , every Eurovision fan ever hates me now) but actually this song wasn't too bad at all.

02) Kristína - I love this song. Reminds me of when I was in Slovakia. Nice and upbeat and it put me in a great mood 🙂

03) Sophie Rose - Wow I really like this. She has such a nice voice and this is very much my taste of song 😀 I'm liking it even more as I listen

04) Vera Blue - Not too bad. I couldn't really get into the song personally but she has a pretty sweet voice. Not bad at all.

05) Liis Lemsalu - Estonian right? I love that language so much. It's so pretty and I'm guessing that's why I liked the song so much.

06) Derrick Barry - The song itself is actually quite catchy but the lyrics are a bit meh. Voice is also a bit meh.

07) Nadine Coyle - At first I didn't like this at all but it's actually quite catchy. Energetic and catchy. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

08) Jorge Blanco - I thought this was a bit dull. I like his voice but the song it a bit lacklustre for my taste.

09) Kacy Hill - I didn't enjoy this song unfortunately. I thought I would when I heard the piano but Idk, it just didn't kick off for Me.

10) Daya - I liked this. The song reminds me of something but I don't know what it is. I like her voice and I like the beat to the song. Im probably gonna end up downloading this

11) I've actually got this song on my phone already. I love their music, and I really like this song. It's not my favourite but them, but I like it nonetheless.

12) Joan Thiele - Surprisingly good. No idea why I didn't think I'd enjoy this song but it's nice and upbeat. I can't get the A. R. M. E. N. I. A out of my head

13) Ten Tonnes - Not too bad. I like it, but there are stronger songs. Doesn't mean to say that I won't be giving it any points though, it definitely isnt a bad song.

14) Nause - I don't like his voice. It just isn't for me. The song actually isn't too bad and I got into it more as it went on. But still, the 'chorus' was underwhelming 😞

15) Junior Empire - I like the video to this song tbh but the song itself wasn't anything too special for me. Just not something that suits my taste I guess

16) Nabiha - Meh, I'm not usually big on this style of music, but I did like the wee tune during the chorus. The rest of the song was okay. I don't know how to feel.

17) Lorde - I like Lorde, but actually didn't think I'd like this song that much. No idea why. I did like it though, a lot. Im gonna have a tough time giving out points for this contest 😶😶😶

18) Noonie Bao - Not the biggest fan of this personally. It's actually not too bad, I guess I'd need to hear it more

19) Selena Gomez, Marshmellow - I like selenas voice but I wasn't too into the song to begin with. As it went on though, I liked it a lot more.

20) Girls Generation - I love Kpop tbh so this song was right up my street. I love foreign songs in general and this one was no exception.

21) Walker Hayes - I'm not a big fan of his voice or the song actually. I like her voice, but still, the song doesn't do anything for me. Sorry!
2380 days 9 hours ago
DallasAndrew
01) Loic Nottet - 'Mud Blood' This guy is quite genious. Very good vocally and original. I've enjoyed the instrumental part also.
02) Kristina - 'Si Pre mna best' A guilty pleasure I would say. The trumpets are helping for a great rythm, it's nice.
03) Sophie Rose - 'Two Young Lovers' I like the guitar. Beside that, I can't say I found sth too interesting in it, a sound we hear too much nowadays to get my attention.
04) Vera Blue - 'Settle' I don't know what to say, it bored me. I can understand that this could go well for some people, it's quite relaxation music, but I'm not a fan at all.
05) Liis Lemsalu - 'El Peatu' I'm a big fan of the language. Sadly, the song is awful with that absolutely horrible chorus.
06) Derrick Barry - 'Boomboom (ft. Chris Cox)' I'm still wondering if the person is a man or a woman. Anyway, the voice is pretty successful and I quite enjoy the rythm, it reminds me of the early 2000's music.
07) Nadine Coyle - 'Go To Work' Incredible voice! I don't like the song, it's so basic, but the artist has a big potential.
08) Jorge Blanco - 'Summer Soul' Still the same style that will not succeed to impress me. But this one has a little more complexity and an enjoyable rythm. He sings pretty well too, without having a great voice. It's decent.
09) Kacy Hill - 'Arm's Length' This is a good work, the song has some power. She may be a little exagerrating about that high notes, but the music was ok.
10) Daya  - 'New' Youhuhuhu, did I doooo... a 5 years child could have worked sth more serious. The rythm is not bad, her interpretation is quite good. Especially the last part of the song is solid. I can't say I was impressed, but it will pass.
11) The Common Linnets - 'Broken But Home' Well, this touched me a little. They are singing so well together, beautiful work. No wonder why they did such a performance in Eurovision, coming as underdogs.
12) Joan Thiele - 'Armenia' I like that flute ot what it is. The only thing I like to be sincere.
13) Ten Tonnes - 'Cracks Between' The song is ok, I'm missing a really good quality rock song in he last contests though, a little more than this type of enjoyable and relaxing entries, a little more powerful.
14) Nause  - 'Dynamite (ft. Pretty Sister)' I won't say it's good or bad, it misses a quality that could make it better than others.
15) Junior Empire - 'Decide' The rythm is ok, the bad part is that it didn't go how promising it sounded in the start. Again, it lacks the 'wow' factor.
16) Nabiha - 'Young' This could make enthusiastic a lot of people, personally I find it very banal. I'm not a fan of the genre either. Vocally she sounds good, but that's all.
17) Lorde - 'Perfect Places' Usually it seems that a well known name does good in this contest, but this time I would find really undeserving to see this high in the table. I almost fell asleep and I'm not tired at all. Maybe it's an example of why I didn't see them on Radio or TV recently.
18) Noonie Bao - 'Reminds Me' I don't like entirely the style, but the instrumental is really good, the song has power and this really is original, finally a change. Too bad that the chorus is so repetitive and doesn't go a little further.
19) Selena Gomez, Marshmellow - 'Wolves' And we're back. Ok, I've heard about 10 songs sounding almost the same, it will be a hard vote for me. She also struggles too much, she easily fails to impress.
20) Girls' Generation - 'All Night' And this continues. A contest with no versatility, I'm loosing patience. We could see a surprise as a winner, this time sth different is so remarkable.
21) Walker Hayes - 'Halloween (ft. Nicolle Galyon)' At least we end on a good note, I sware that this saves the whole contest. Very warm voice, I really like this type of songs with that kind of rap in them. Also the duet goes really well, very strong entry.

Weak contest, if my song doesn't reach top 10 I will be very dissapointed.
2380 days 3 hours ago
LoveMeLoveMe
WTF its so lag and I lost all my comments glad I only comment 5 songs lol

01) Loic Nottet
I love this song !!!

02) Kristina
ESCT song .... me when i still hate this song lol

03) Sophie Rose
I found it boring

04) Vera Blue
Not cup of my tea

05) Liis Lemsalu
The verses is good but the chorus is meh

I'm give up its so lag fffffffffffffcccccccckkkkk
2379 days 21 hours ago
ryan5676
01) Loic Nottet – He has got a bloody brilliant voice that I will never got bored off and I thought this song has the beat and sound to be a hit
02) Kristina – The beat sounds cheerly and that is great but the rest of this is nothing special to be honest
03) Sophie Rose – I think I might give this a pass with her voice doing nothing for me and the music gets annoying rather quickly
04) Vera Blue – You sing it girl with her shinning throughout this and it almost makes up for the lack buster beat, almost
05) Liis Lemsalu – The chorus is horrible with the music being all over the place and ruined everything so I don’t like it
06) Derrick Barry – This is not funny but it sounds like torture when listening to it with the singer not giving it a good job
07) Nadine Coyle – I really wanted to enjoy this and I couldn’t with her vocals being not up to scratch and I did like the music
08) Jorge Blanco – My head is bopping with joy and I love his vocals that make this work and the beat is amazing here
09) Kacy Hill – Well the only positive thing is that she has some nice vocals and the rest of this is pretty much forgettable
10) Daya – Yes yes yes this is a killer beat and I am all for it with the music being on par and her voice is perfect here
11) The Common Linnets – This is just too slow and I felt like falling asleep at times and their singing can’t make up for this
12) Joan Thiele – A.R.M.E.N.I.A what does that spell Armenia! Is she praising the country since I don’t feel anything from this and the chorus is just annoying
13) Ten Tonnes – I just adore the music being played and this is a unique sound which I like and I thought all of this is pretty good
14) Nause – Can this please be over with already since I can’t stand the boom and is getting old really fast
15) Junior Empire – Is this supposed to be a lullaby because it is making me fall asleep with that voice and emotionless music
16) Nabiha – The joy has been lifted and I feel fantastic when listening to this and I don’t want it to end and I could listen to it all day
17) Lorde – She is a great singer as always but I don’t get interested in her music which feels like something I would pass on
18) Noonie Bao -  I don’t know what I listened to but I can say that her voice was too high pitched and I’m glad it was this short
19) Selena Gomez, Marshmellow – I was buzzing when hearing this and her voice and when it got to the chorus it felt like it didn’t have a payoff
20) Girls' Generation – OMG I really enjoy this with the beat being outstanding and their voices are on point and I might be listening to this all night
21) Walker Hayes – Can’t believe someone sent in a Halloween song and I thought the beat was gentle and it does eventually have a rhythm

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!