This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Rick's favourite TSC songs of 2016

Topic » Rick's favourite TSC songs of..

2718 days 17 hours ago
ricktworick1
Now that good 'ol Steve is done with his list, I think it's a good time for me to post my personal top 100 favourite TSC entries of 2016!

This year I have decided not to flood the blog page with my list from the very start - I will blog my favourite songs from 40th place onwards.

I short-listed around 150 songs that I liked this year and ranked them based on my preferences.

Feel free to comment on my picks.

Some notes:
- Eurovision entries are allowed to appear on this list
- Decade themes are ineligible for inclusion on this rank, throwback TSC entries are also not allowed
- Unlike Fritzyyyyy, I allowed to put my own songs in the rankings. Don't worry, there won't be more than 10
- Contrary to some weird belief, I don't believe that my music taste is better than anyone else's. This list is for you all to have some fun and laugh at possible comments I make.
- There won't be a honorable entries list, because I feel like having 100 songs is already too much
- YET AGAIN, this is based on my personal opinion. Please do not take any offense from what I think of as they are strictly my thoughts, but I have no idea whether this disclaimer is useful because EVERY YEAR I get someone complain about it. Don't read it if you get offended, easy as that, if you are gonna cry about that then do it somewhere where you don't look like a fool.
2718 days 17 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
I look forward to this :)
2718 days 17 hours ago
ricktworick1
100. Danny L Harle - Supernatural (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen) - TheGoodMan, TSC250, 19th, 31 pts

Sometimes PC Music production doesn't sound like leftovers from children's technological playground and this shows that maybe their music doesn't suck that much. Having Carly Rae sing it is a bonus.

99. AURORA - Conqueror - Insanity, TSC244, 14th, 69 pts

It's such injustice that this kind of flopped, because I gave this high points, but I guess TSC can't appreciate good stuff al the time. Not as good as "Running With The Wolves," but her releases are pretty decent in quality, so can she please continue going with such music?

98. Felix Cartal - Keep Up (feat. Steph Jones) - Patrick319, TSC258, 2nd, 77 pts

I can't wait to be called out for promoting female vocals singing over an EDM track, but guess what, this is my list, not yours. As far as EDM goes, this is one of the better releases, and obviously it got 2nd in TSC because it was sent by Patrick.

97. Ericka Jane - Bad Like You - catch_a_falling_star, TSC264, 4th, 71 pts

Musically everything she's done so far is superior to what Erika Jayne has achieved so far. Great bouncy production lifts up an otherwise average song - this shows how important the use of technology in music is these days.
2718 days 17 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
Exciting. I have no complaints about any of these. Didn't shortlist some of these because I was sure they wouldn't crack my top 100, but like 'em.

Emeli Sande for top 20, plz.
2718 days 16 hours ago
Slice
you dragging pc music is so disgusting and rude
2718 days 16 hours ago
Arris
Hope one of my entries will be her e;)
2718 days 14 hours ago
Patrick319
I'm the epitome of female vocals over an EDM track.
2718 days 4 hours ago
PrincessTeePee
You're the epitome of 2nd xx
2718 days 3 hours ago
ricktworick1
96. Tiesto & KSHMR - Secrets (feat. Vassy) - Kimmal8, TSC228, 7th, 88 pts

The verses are slightly above average, but the drop is pretty stellar. I'm also quite glad Vassy sounds a bit more like human on this track, unlike on David Guetta's "Bad."

95. Eva Simons & Sidney Samson - Escape From Love - Patrick319, TSC250, 5th, 72 pts

It's like a lite version of everything Eva has released prior to that, and maybe it's for the better. Sometimes not going too hardcore with EDM pays off, but I'm quite sure some people (cough Tolis and Fritz cough) may disagree.

94. R3hab x f(Amber + Luna) - Wave - CharlieBibi, TSC248, 1st, 122 pts

K-pop has finally been able to perform well in TSC, and one of the main reasons for that is the decision to senead more EDM-inspired tracks from Korean artists. Good verses and a solid drop is pretty much all it's needed to impress a listener.

93. Luke Black - Demons - Montenegro, TSC259, 3rd, 87 pts

Probably the weirdest song on this list, it completely threw a curveball on me when it was entered. This unique vocal, a different chorus structure to pop songs released these days - the main reason why male artists usually fail to impress me is the fact that their production behind the songs is so much watered-down in comparison to females. Oh well, Luke Black showed that it's possible to get a good track on your hand.
2718 days 2 hours ago
Yoshitomi
I think I'll definitely be number 1 here. ^_^
2717 days 23 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
"Sometimes not going too hardcore with EDM pays off, but I'm quite sure some people (cough Tolis and Fritz cough) may disagree."

I actually don't disagree that sometimes it's best, but this isn't one of those times. Bludfire >>>>>>>>>>

I loveeeee Demons, Escape from Love is very good, and the other two are fine.
2717 days 23 hours ago
Patrick319
Demons was robbed
2717 days 17 hours ago
bibbles
oohh another list!
2717 days 11 hours ago
Lachie227
hope to make an appearance
2717 days 6 hours ago
ricktworick1
92. Killan & Jo - Suburbia (feat. Erik Rapp) - rodrigueseve, TSC264, 3rd, 74 pts

Great beat and production in general lift up an otherwise average track. Also, is Erik Rapp the epitome of a scandinavian homosexual?

91. The Hardkiss - Shadows Of Time - ryan5676, TSC231, 7th, 78 pts

To everyone's surprise, Ryan actually sent some decent entries during the first half of this year. This gives me some Nightwish meets electro vibes and I'm really up for that.

90. TP4Y - Blush - Patrick319, TSC245, 4th, 96 pts

Sorry Steve, this is the better TP4Y entry of 2016. This is one of the most solid girl groups to appear this year - their releases have always been pretty decent in quality and "Blush" just showcases their strengths.

89. Josef Salvat - Paradise - Patrick319, TSC242, 3rd, 97 pts

Not even close to his best releases, but still good enough to appear on this list. Just shows that Josef's music is for the posh. Also, aren't we already sick of seeing Patrick's name on my top 100? I am.
2717 days 4 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
All of these but The Hardkiss were in my top 100, but I like that one more than I did on first listen.

And no need to apologize for saying that Blush is better than Million Bucks. I like both, but Million Bucks is near the bottom quarter of my entries sent for this year.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest (Current)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!