This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC: Record of the Year 2015 Final

Topic » TSC: Record of the Year 2015..

3047 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
11) Sam Smith – Honestly I’m kind of irked this was the first Bond song to get to number 1. This is nowhere near the caliber of skyfall or epic anthems such as goldeneye or live and let die. There is magical parts to this song, don’t get me wrong, but other than that it just sounds like he’s whining for most of it. The orchestra is sublime though.
3047 days 1 hour ago
Aquamarine
13) Fleur East - 'Sax'
3047 days 1 hour ago
ricktworick1
12. Calvin Harris & Disciples - I honestly jumped back and fourth when this was released, after some great songs from the album "Motion" he released an amazing collab with Disciples, which honestly shit fucking gold. The thing with this single is the fact that at first you feel that the chorus is missing something, but it is kind of specified to be a bass/headphone to listen to kind of a song, and it is honestly so clever, together with the light female vocal - it just makes sense. The only thing that grants me is the robotic vocal in the background, but it's not bad enough for me to hate this great release.
3047 days 1 hour ago
Aquamarine
Sam Smith DID win the Golden Globe for it. I was upset Ivy Levan's "Who Can You Trust" wasn't nominated. Hoping it gets an Oscar nod tomorrow.
3047 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
12) Calvin Harris & Disciples – Surely he’s had better hits this year? Screechy repetitive vocals are just bleughhhhhhhhhh….the aah aaah roooooo noise is annoying as feck. :p Don’t even start on Mr Roboto….
3047 days 1 hour ago
ricktworick1
13. Fleur East - Where are you, Ben Haenow? This has deservingly won the final TSC of the year, great energy, great instrumentation, especially the use of trumpets make much more sense than in Jason Derulo's "Trumpets." The only thing that kind of annoys me is the fact how lengthy the rapping parts are, but it's Fleur, so even that can be forgiven.
3047 days 1 hour ago
Aquamarine
14) Meghan Trainor - 'Lips Are Movin'
3047 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
13) Fleur East – I have a feeling this may win. In a year where the ‘hits’ have been extremely mediocre this just feels very fresh even though it’s basically a copy of ‘Uptown Funk’. :p I hate the trumpets still (there is very little saxophone in that mess of brass instruments :p)…but her voice is brilliant, so I think it balances out. :p
3047 days 1 hour ago
Aquamarine
15) Naughty Boy - 'Runnin' (Lose It All) ft. Beyonce & Arrow Benjamin'
3047 days 1 hour ago
Yoshitomi
Hi! Popping on and off again. XD
I will listen to all the songs tomorrow. ^_^
3047 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
14) Meghan Trainor – This has ‘fourth song from the album’ syndrome…like it just doesn’t sound as good as her earlier stuff. Cheery enough…but it isn’t going to be my favourite for sure. :p
3047 days 1 hour ago
ricktworick1
14. Meghan Trainor - I have this on my phone, but I barely listen to this, because I could choose to relax my ears with a better version of this song like "All About That Bass" or "Dear Future Husband". This is good, but nowhere near the stuff we have had so far.
3047 days 1 hour ago
Aquamarine
16) Major Lazer & DJ Snake - 'Lean On ft. MØ'
3047 days 1 hour ago
ricktworick1
15. Naughty Boy - This is pretty damn close to being my favourite song of 2015, but it was beaten by some even better stuff. By far Naughty Boy's best EVER production, at first I was quite shocked that it was him who made this amazing backing track. Together with Beyonce and Arrow Benjamin, the whole thing is so harmonious and brilliant in its genre that I can only appreciate it more. I have listened to this song so many times yet I am still not tired of it, and I think that is how music is supposed to work anyway.
3047 days 1 hour ago
Catch_a_falling_star
15) Naughty Boy – can I ask a honest question? Why did Naughty Boy think it was a good move to not have Beyonce sing the whole song? I really don’t know what Arrow actually adds to the song and this would have been a massive hit if it was just her. Her part is 9/10…his part is 4/10….which averages out a 6.5/10….lol :p

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!