This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC: Record of the Year 2015 Final

Topic » TSC: Record of the Year 2015..

3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
05) Shawn Mendes - 'Stitches'
3032 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
04) Alessia Cara – I heard this on the radio earlier and I was like ‘ughhh I can’t deal, with this after a day with 5 year olds’…. :p Honestly she’s saying the right things “what am I doing here’…that applies to her being in this contest. :p I’m sure others love this… :p
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
06) Avicii - 'The Nights'
3032 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
05) Shawn Mendes – Was this a hit…? It’s jolly enough for a Bieber clone. :p It’s just bland and uninspired in my opinion. Not keen on the voice or the repetition…
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
theres a dog outside that will not stop barking!!!
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
Catch it charted #4 in both the US and UK! Surprised you haven't heard how overplayed it is hahaha
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
07) Drake - 'Hotline Bling'
3032 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
06) Avicii – Finally! This contest is picking up! Yes this isn’t his best…not even close, butit was one of the best tracks this summer for sure. :) I didn’t realise how similar this sounds to ‘Heroes’ :O My favourite so far by a mile. :)
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
CATCH I WAS THINKING THAT ABOUT HEROES TOO. Only in the beginning tho - the chorus didn't feel the same.
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
Hotline Bling sounds like the Wii Shop Channel.
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
08) Kygo - 'Stole the Show' ft. Parson James
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
ALTERNATE LINK:
3032 days 7 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
07) Drake – Puke… :p I can’t be dealing with this. This is the sort of song that makes me change the radio station when I’m driving. :p It just is slow…so monotonous….so….boring….bleugh ...god that instrumental....what?
3032 days 7 hours ago
Aquamarine
(starts around the 1:20 mark in alternate)
3032 days 7 hours ago
ricktworick1
1. Felix Jaehn - It does sound a bit passive in a contest like this. We are looking for the record of the 2015, and this Robin Schulz-alike song definitely is not even close to being anything to huge. However, I do find this song very pleasant, and Jasmine's vocals are honestly quite refreshing. Nice start, but will it be enough for points?
2. Years & Years - This is nowhere near as great as "Take Shelter" or "Desire", but their quality of music has always been on a very high level. It has everything that a good song needs, from interesting male vocals to very nice backing track. Another solid entry.
3. Jess Glynne - Probably my favourite song from Jess yet. Both "Hold My Hand" and "Take Me Home" were great, but to me, this takes the crown for her best single, and that's not only because I sent it into TSC (and got 3rd), but also due to the fact how well-structured this tune is. Obviously a positive factor comes from the fact how characteristic her voice is, adding another layer of greatness.
4. Alessia Cara - At first, I didn't find this song to be particularly my cup of tea, although I do remember giving it a bunch of points in TSC. I have grown to really enjoy this, though, and I just love how she reflects on her while being on a party, just read the lyrics. Another one of my favourites this year.
5. Shawn Mendes - I hated this song at first, but then I had to pick a song to practise for my vocal lessons, and this happened to be in my register. By doing that, I have noticed layers and the buildup that made me absolutely adore this little piece. I'm honestly shocked that someone that sounds a bit like Justin Bieber was able to produce such a pop gem in 2015, and this proves how important the production part of the song is.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!