This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

TSC: Record of the Year 2015 Final

Topic » TSC: Record of the Year 2015..

3032 days 16 hours ago
Aquamarine
09) Rachel Platten - 'Fight Song'
3032 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
By the way, hi!
3032 days 16 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
08) Kygo – The verses are sublime and almost make me forgive the horrible cheesy dance beats in the chorus. Also…what is this party? If it’s fancy dress…the dj turning up in a ski outfit is so uninspired. :p Parson makes this track. :D
3032 days 16 hours ago
Aquamarine
hey rick!!!
3032 days 16 hours ago
QueenMichelle
hey
3032 days 16 hours ago
Aquamarine
10) The Weeknd - 'Can't Feel My Face'
3032 days 16 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Hi Ricko :D

I feel so out of practice…these comments feel so forced. :p

09) Rachel Platten – This song has grown on me since it was entered in TSC. I do wish, she sang it like she was fighting for something, but it is an anthem all the same. :) One of the shining pop songs this year for sure. :) Probably the anthem on 2015? Everyone who listens to current music knows the chorus so maybe it is. :p
3032 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
6. Avicii - Far from his best releases, but definitely his best from 2015, which is a bit disappointing to me. The message is great, the vocals are honestly quite good as well, but the production part of it sounds like a cheap rehash of "Wake Me Up". Don't get me wrong, I still do enjoy this tune, just expected more from him.
7. Drake - This has kind of become the joke of the internet. Drake used to make much greater stuff like "Headlines", "Take Care" or even "Hold On We're Going Home" and then he comes up with something like this that tarnishes his reputation as a musician. Maybe that was his plan to be the laughing stock only later for him to release another awful mess that "Jumpman" undoubtedly is?
8. Kygo - Not my favourite Kygo song of 2015. I do think Firestone would have been a much stronger entry in this case, as I do feel like this TSC-winning single lacks the uniqueness and the feel that the former offers. It is apparent that his music style concentrates on the beats and the production without having a radical buildup, but this is a bit too chill to me.
9. Rachel Platten - I didn't enjoy this at first, but it has grown on me since. It's quite shocking that her career became successful in her 30s, but I guess she deserved the fame, because I think that "Wildfire" is an album worthy of a grammy award. Great message, great production, great voice, although this sounds a bit pitchy at times.
3032 days 16 hours ago
Aquamarine
11) Sam Smith - 'Writing's On The Wall'
3032 days 16 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
10) The Weeknd – Again it’s another song which has great verses and the chorus just feels very flat. YAWN…has it finished yet? :S
3032 days 16 hours ago
Aquamarine
Rick, I agree. If Wildfire doesn't get a Grammy nomination next year I will be so upset.
3032 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
10. The Weeknd - My favourite The Weeknd song of all time, and the only one I have on phone. Great Michael Jackson vibes coming from it, together with great buildup to the drop in the chorus. He could fix his hair, though.
3032 days 16 hours ago
Aquamarine
I like In The Night better!
3032 days 16 hours ago
Aquamarine
12) Calvin Harris & Disciples - 'How Deep Is Your Love'
3032 days 16 hours ago
ricktworick1
11. Sam Smith - Funny how songs like Halsey's "New Americana" sound more bond-esque than this dragging-on piece of mess, which should not have been done by Sam Smith. I appreciate him as a musician, but I do feel like he put too much emotion in a song that is supposed to have a dark theme, and I just cannot feel it here. Probably his worst single to date, so no idea why anyone thought it would be a good idea to send this.

open group

Tengaged Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!