This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

FINAL CHALLENGE!

Topic » FINAL CHALLENGE!

4892 days 10 hours ago
Nakomis
If they would like to see that post that is fine with me. They have a right to. I just wanted to remove it now that my present mindset has changed.
4892 days 10 hours ago
chelseaa16
ian who are you -_-
4892 days 10 hours ago
Piddu
he does have a point, the rules were technically unclear.

but even if he was late, its the final 4, i dont think someone should get eliminated for that and then there is no f4 challenge.
4892 days 9 hours ago
Piddu
@ian, if anything it makes him look even more a fighter, finding loopholes, arguing his spot in the game, all qualities needed for stars.
4892 days 9 hours ago
Skoffin
Nako - again I cannot understand your reasoning. Why must you remove 'prior opinions'? Why is it necessary to delete things after you 'change your mind'? I cannot see any logic in that. I find it dodge that the post was removed after I had commented on it and compared it to your second post. There's no reason to be hiding things now for the sake of changing your mind.

There is no point. It doesn't matter if the rules were 'technically unclear' as he admitted to knowing exactly what the rules were. Don't start using this bollocks if you wish to actually get far in a real Stars.

No one likes being done in by technicalities, but they've happened a few times this game. They all sucked - but it would also be bollocks to undo this one when the others were not.
Forget it - move on and be ready for another Stars game.
4892 days 9 hours ago
ianfitz0012
@Piddu - Yeah but his constant bitching and whining won't get him for in the game (OR get him extra votes), I'll tell you that!
4892 days 9 hours ago
Nakomis
Skoffin if you would like to re-post my previous statement that is fine with me. Like I said I made that statement before re-reading the rules and realizing there was a loophole. Since it no longer accurately represented my feelings toward the subject, I deleted it. However, if you feel the need to have it in the open, go ahead.
4892 days 9 hours ago
chelseaa16
speaking from the point of view of someone who wanted to win but was eliminated, i think it's safe to say most of the people who were eliminated felt it was unfair :/ phanne does a good job with this but we looked for the slightest faults to try to keep ourselves in.

i can't disagree with you in the fact that you're arguing, but it's unnecessary in my opinion to keep it going :S your a brown level, your chance at stars will come soon
4892 days 9 hours ago
Nakomis
Yes I agree chelseaa I don't find it necessary to continue the argument further. I posted my thoughts and now I must wait for Phanne to assess them.
4892 days 9 hours ago
Noontar
I'm hesitant to even post here, but a couple notes.

1.  Rule number one of a phanne game - don't fuck with phanne.  She tends to make firm decisions, and arguing with them does not generally help your case.  Having other people argue it for you does not make your case either.  She puts a bit of thought into her decisions, so I am sure this was not an easy call for her.

2.  The move to wait was a good one.  It was a risky one, but a good one.  Here is the thing though - all risks have downsides.  Does it suck to lose the last of my players to a technicality?  Yes it does.  Then again, I lost most of my players to technicalities.

3.  Here I will talk out of my ass for a second.  I've never been in a Stars game, so no - I would not have direct knowledge of what I am about to say.  Here it goes anyway - Stars (and really any game on tengaged) is a game where the little things DO matter.  The further you get into most games, the more they matter.  You can play a perfect Stars game, slip up and send a message to the wrong person, or forget to send a message at the wrong time, and it can end your game.  In a sense, though unfortunate, this is an illustration of that.

Throughout the game - and ask the other mentors about this - I often made odd votes or had weird opinions on who I thought did worst in the challenge.  In many cases - I based my decisions on little flaw that I felt were big mistakes.  I once voted a player worst in a challenge simply for saying something that wouldn't play well to the judges.  (To be fair - the entry itself was lacking, but the other item was a tiebreaker)  You have to think of everything.  You have to account for everything.  And when a risk works out poorly - sometimes you have to pay the consequences.  This move is on par with waiting until the last 5 minutes of a day in Survivor to do an immunity challenge.  If you lose connection, fall asleep, or otherwise miss - then your risk costs you dearly.

Anyway - time to stop rambling.  It's probably best we drop this here.  Best of luck to all.
4892 days 9 hours ago
ianfitz0012
*Far (editing my old post)
4892 days 9 hours ago
Nakomis
Agreed. This will be my last post before going to bed for the night.

I feel as though several people have commented on how I am "out on a technicality." I have been prepared to be eliminated ever since I received 10 nomination votes during the second challenge. However, if I was to be eliminated, it would only be fair and square. This is not a case of showing up a few minutes late to a challenge or missing one do to illness, or forgetting to do something, etc. In those cases, the rules were clear, and even though it was for minor and somewhat silly reasons, the rules were broken. I feel that this case is entirely different because the rules themselves are unclear and contain a loophole. I hope Anne is able to see the difference.

Much <3
4892 days 9 hours ago
Nakomis
due* to illness
4892 days 9 hours ago
Seal
I understand where Nak is coming from, and I felt similar when I was 2 minutes late to a challenge, but Phanne doesn't budge. Yes, if I were Nak, I'd be extremely pissed. BUT we have to learn to accept our losses, because it is what it is. Shit happens.

With that said, I will be STRONGLY behind Quackerz, not that I don't like the other two, but he needs this opportunity more than them. The other two are rising Stars and will have many good Stars games, I can feel it.

Quackerz, on the other hand, has been on the site a year longer than Jo and 3 months longer than Loren. He may not ever get the chance to play Stars, so he needs a break like this.
4892 days 9 hours ago
Piddu
TEAM QUACKERSSSSSSSSSSSS!

open group

Tengaged's Next STAR 6!!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!