This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

World Song Contest 1 - Live Show

Topic » World Song Contest 1 - Live..

1009 days 19 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
All 22 songs have been posted!
WSCers START YOUR VOTING!

For your votes to count post a brief set of comments here about each song. You may not reveal your own entry in these comments.

Then send your points 12,10, 8-1 (in the traditional Eurovision style) to catch_a_falling_star.

If you have any questions please ask.
You have until next Friday 8/13 at 19:00 BST (13/8) to comment and vote. I will then host the Results show where we will crown our first winner an hour later at 20:00 BST.

Catch
1009 days 19 hours ago
ryan5676
1.        Sweden – Well this song has actually aged quite well being a nice cute banger that is nice but towards the end it starts to get bland
2.        Russia – This is literally dead to begin with and the music sounds so dated and her vocals are scratching bad
3.        Papua New Guinea – I wasn’t expecting this song to come from this country as it has a good melody being quite catchy
4.        Palestine - He is trying with his singing being not bad but the music is quite lazy and so boring as it feels like it has given up
5.        Taiwan - This is a real snoozefest as it makes me want to fall to sleep right there right now going at a crawl's pace with no excitement
6.        Belgium - The start showed some good signs of promise with his strong voice but that ship sank quickly with the music being dire with no payoff
7.        Ukraine - Yeah I have heard of them and I know they can dig in to their rock side but this song ain't it as it is pure trash and a huge downgrade to what they can do
8.        Malaysia - I don't know if I can handle this amount of sauciness that is pouring out of this being seductive but oh so slick at the same time
9.        Haiti - Is she giving 10% in this because it lacks energy of anything with her bored ass looks not working out and girl I hate to say it but you need to get a new job
10.        Israel - Well i don't know what they were thinking but I'll put them out of their misery to say that this song sucks
11.        Uruguay - Wow this is pretty forgettable to be honest with how his singing doesn't stand out and the music is too laid back to keep me interested
12.        Japan - I do like their feisty energy which helps to make the song entertaining but the music lacks that quality as I see this being played in an anime
13.        Cuba - This song feels very old fashioned taking forever to get going and yeah I can see they are bringing the culture vibes but it's something I will only listen once
14.        Nigeria - Uh the music is so toxic to my ears with those annoying background noises that makes the song unbearable
15.        Venezuela - Her voice is soft but the song just honestly bores me with this melody that doesn't change and I just can't deal with it
16.        New Zealand - Yes this is much more style with that catchy beat and such a joyous voice that makes this song irresistible
17.        Jamaica - This music is straight up the shit I can dig in as I'm going down and yeah it gets the job done but the singers could have put a little more effort into it
18.        Ghana - Okay I am in love with this girl as she serves so much with that distinctive voice and the drop is super effective working it's charm on me
19.        Finland - She has got a charming voice that helps raise this song up but the music is terribly bland pushing the song back down
20.        Senegal - Yeah there are parts I enjoy like her vocals for starter and the pre chorus slapping but the chorus lacks that same power
21.        United States - This is going out there and it's safe to say that I'm scarred of listening more to this song which sounds like a train wreck with too much going on
22.        Sudan - I'm waiting for this to take off but that doesn't happen as she lazily sings and the music is so goddamn irritating that I can't take another minute of this
1009 days 9 hours ago
ganghandedcat
Yikes
1009 days 5 hours ago
Fritzyyyyy
1. Sweden - I think I may have heard this in another song contest or something, sounds vaguely familiar. Mabel is it??? Nope, don't think I've heard this. A generic bop, which is pretty fair representation for Sweden.
2.  Russia - RIP princess. The vocal is borderline bad to me, but also kinda seductive. A bit of a non-event.
3.        Papua New Guinea - Solid vibe. I'm a simple bitch, so I'm totally fine with repetition, but something about this felt especially repetitive. It's fine.
4.  Palestine - Less exciting of a track than you'd think would come with the production, but it's charming and has my hips going a bit. 
5. Taiwan - You can just tell they LOVE TO SING. A dose of audio melatonin, truly felt like it went on forever.
6. Belgium - This is such... *Lost Frequencies* production. I do think he has much better songs if this was the route you had to go, but I didn't know this song so congrats for originality! The chorus and "drop" almost does border on a non-event, though.
7. Ukraine - They're actually a bit hit or miss for me. This is the former. Perhaps I'm in the mood for some female led rock!
8.  Malaysia - Oh I totally love a whisper vocal gimmick in all sincerity. I wasn't sure the through the first verse and chorus, but it definitely won me over as it went on.
9.  Haiti - I see you coming for my votes, Ms. Haiti. This is very pleasing to my ear holes.
10.  Israel - I just know girlie can deliver a bop. Unfortunately, this is not the one. The Mr. Sandman sample isn't it.
11. Uruguay - (English: You Won't Like It). I mean, when it's right, it's right.
12. Japan - The chorus and the horns are pretty exciting, but the vocal execution in the verses feels so clunky. Mixed bag.
13. Cuba - IDK if this blunt is hitting too hard or I'm just stupid but I thought this was the Sex and the City theme for a solid 30 seconds. It's bad, but we respect all cultures in World Song Contest and absolutely NO songs are trash.
14. Nigeria - Thanks Tinashe and Ms. Banks, I *did* just die a little bit. A lotta bit, acktshually. 1:12-2:01 is my safe space.
15.  Venezuela - Subtle and pretty. I vibed.
16. New Zealand - I used to fucking love Kimbra -- what a strange phase of my life, one that I'm glad I outgrew. I'm sure there's a select few songs of hers that have aged well for me, but this isn't one of them. Kinda grating.
17.  Jamaica - Pu$$ p0pped SEVERELY. Two legends and an up-and-coming queen. Delivered.
18. Ghana - The production is a bit basic, but it had me movin' a little. While it's not the most fresh sounding song for 2-0-2-1, it was mostlyyyyy enjoyable.
19.  Finland - Imagine how tired we are of this bitch releasing a slightly modified version of Sideways every few months with a grungy, edgy FAANGS-esque music video. This song was three minutes of nothing. Did ANYONE move!?
20. Senegal - WE PUT THE SEX IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY AND ALL THROUGH THE NIIIIIIGHT. IT'S A 24/7 KINDA HEAVEN. Sex.
21. United States - Good song, but imagine getting 3 choices and picking the United States. The STENCH.
22.  Sudan - I don't think my brain is big enough to fully get this. Not a sound that I really gravitate towards, but it kept my interest. ~hmm
1006 days 11 hours ago
ParkerSlayer360
1.        Sweden - I love Mabel! In fact it ‘Mad Love’ was the first Spotify song that I obsessed over. But this song just does not slap for me. This entry basically relied on the name recognition of Mabel.
2.        Russia - I expect pop to be pop and rock to be rock. The vocals were underwhelming and the pace of the song was too slow for my liking.
3.        Papua New Guinea - The chorus is just ‘Lost in Tokyo’ on repeat, I expect better than that. I love the song, change up the lyrics, it really dragged down the score.
4.        Palestine - Compared to the first three I say yes. But its a tentative one, this didn’t blow me away but I liked the message, and the beat of the song was much better than its predecessors.
5.        Taiwan - My parents would probably go off on this, but I don’t like the serenity of it? It feels like no matter how much emotion goes into it its confined to a range. I’m sorry for being uncultured but my points will be going to songs that make me wanna dance - this doesn’t.
6.        Belgium - I would give this song a B if I had to grade it. Its really good compared to the others but I wouldn’t heart it, like it, interact with it - I might skip it on Spotify.
7.        Ukraine - This is the tentative champion. The first chorus elevated the performance because the 1st verse was extremely boring. 2nd verse had this amazing cowbell? Anyway it only got better. I was fine that there was no video cuz here I am writing the review while listening to it. On the Spotify scale I would listen it through and then like it but I probably wouldn’t revisit unless Spotify brought it up again.
8.        Malaysia - The intro was absolute fire. The verse was not carried by her vocals but by the song beat. Her buildup to the chorus worked seamlessly. Shall I say this is the new tentative favourite? I caught my self dancing along to the song so yes its a bop. I’m saving it to my playlist - this is a high honour
9.        Haiti -  Not for me. She’s asking for her 10%, I’m asking for the 3 minutes and 12 seconds of my life back. It was so monotonous. If there is a button that informs Spotify to not recommend stuff like this to me I would press it.
10.        Israel - When I saw the title I prayed “Please Don’t Suck” XD. And it doesn’t suck! I felt like I was floating on a cloud and I was dancing! Buuuuuuut it wasn’t good enough to warrant a playlist addition, but its up there :)
11.        Uruguay - “No Te Va Gustar, also known by their initials NTVG (English: You Won't Like It)”

I don’t like it.
12.        Japan - Absolute fire!

“No Way Man”...there is no way man that I’m not adding this to my playlist. This has now usurped Malaysia to become the favourite
13.        Cuba -  A full minute for the song to start? That deserves a superlative but not my points. I tried keeping an open mind to this but after 2 minutes of trying to find a positive spin my mind came up blank.
14.        Nigeria -  A whispery song. And then there is this chorus that is just talking? Around 1:11 the song completely changed. And then another person took over. Superlative for most confusing song. At around 2;00 the song says ‘damn, do you want more, and I said no’
15.        Venezuela - She wasted so much paper (my heart hurts for the planet). All for a mediocre song D:
Its palatable. In this case its her voice that brings home the bacon not the beat of the song.
16.        New Zealand -  Because of the subpar pickings around me it stands out. The chorus reminds me of Christmas - god I wish it could come quicker. So thanks i guess for nostalgia?
17.        Jamaica - The start of the song made me feel like I was in a fight. The beat of the song is fire great synthesization. Its not getting added to Spotify playlist but its getting a heart.
18.        Ghana - I would hear this on the radio and sing along to it. I am adding this to my playlist. I really think its one of my favourites rn. Equal weight to the melody and her voice.
19.        Finland -  Slow start that I could tolerate and the chorus is is a fire-lite. Its nice and I would heart it.
20.        Senegal - Its a pretty nice song. And the chorus is absolute FiReeeeeee. No wonder she won the X Factor. Added to playlist
21.        United States - Basic bitch vibes. I don’t feel anything
22.        Sudan - Sad way to end the first iteration of WSC. It just didn’t hold my attention and I didn’t know what to expect. Just as the bio says they defies genres so I don’t think she was able to land on anything that resonated with me.
1005 days 22 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
full disclosure: dua saleh is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns, so please keep that in mind while writing comments. :)
1005 days 20 hours ago
SeaViper
1) Sweden - If I could give this negative points, I would
2) Russia - I mean, it was fine. Not particularly memorable for me, but it existed, and I didn't dislike it!
3) Papua New Guinea - The beat was fun! This didn't majorly excite me, but it was a nice listen, and I think has a shot for some points from me!
4) Palestine - Ok, I actually really enjoyed this! It was fun to listen to, and something I'd 100% go back to
5) Taiwan - This felt emotional, and in all fairness, I did actually enjoy this! It's not something I'd really volunteer to go back to, but for one, it's quite a nice listen!
6) Belgium - Ohhh! For some reason, I'm liking the men in this edition! Sure, it's nothing too original, but it's verging on a bop for me, and possibly may end up in the higher points section!
7) Ukraine - Sorry, this was just loud, annoying, noise
8) Malaysia - I like the pre-chorus, the rest...not so much. I know some people will love this, but it's just...not for me
9) Haiti - I wanted to like this, but this did nothing for me, and just sort of slid by without any effect
10) Israel - Ok, I liked this! Sure, it's a pop girlie, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this was a bop to listen to, Noa Kirel ESC 2022?
11) Uruguay - Other than M*bel, this was my least favorite song so far. His voice gives me the creeps, ahhhh
12) Japan - There was...a lot going on at once, and it was hard to make out where the vocals ended and the music started. This seems like a massive group, and all in all, this was just carnage, but somehow, still kind of fun carnage
13) Cuba - Again, it was chaotic but fun! I would actually consider listening to this again! It stands out in this edition, and may possibly end up high in my points?
14) Nigeria - Ok, this was trying to be something, but completely failed. The rap was DREADFUL, and the rest of the song should just...STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME
15) Venezuela - This bored me rigid
16) New Zealand - I like the verses, but the chorus was a HUGE let down
17) Jamaica - I was hoping for a reggae bop, but instead we got...this...mess...that I actually really hated...
18) Ghana - Yessss! This built a kind of atmosphere, and listening to this was just a wholesome and fun experience!
19) Finland - Very different to the previous song, but I can't decide which one I like more! Both build an atmosphere, one bright and fun, the other dark and powerful. Another one I really enjoyed!
20) Senegal - And we're back into songs I dislike. This isn't dreadful, but it sounds like a million others, and I can live without this
21) USA - I felt like I missed something at the end, and I just don't get the appeal of this whatsoever
22) Sudan - Yeah, sorry, a bit like Ukraine, this was annoying noise
1005 days 19 hours ago
nateclove
1. Sweden - Mabel - Well, this was definitely a song! Her voice is actually pretty good however the song itself is pretty basic and it doesn't really take off.
2. Russia – Lina Morgana - I had a lot of hope for this at the start! Her voice is actually gorgeous, but the music is meh and it just doesn't have much appeal.
3. Papua New Guinea – EMI MARIA - I liked this! Not the most interesting song but kind of chill and fun nonetheless.
4. Palestine – Bashar Murad – I love a balding otter as much as the next person, but this was kind of a mess for me. Didn't love it, sorry bout it!
5. Taiwan – Mayday – This music video made me cackle for some reason and I don't know why. The guy's voice is like BUTTER chile and I love it but the song itself is pretty boring imo. Nothing too interesting is happening.
6. Belgium – Lost Frequencies – Girl, this, uh... well. His voice does not go with the music at all and even if it did I was like so bored I'm so sorry sweaty. At least he's cute.
7. Ukraine – The Hardkiss – Yessss now this woke me up hunny! It's a tiiiiiny bit too repetitive but I'm not mad at it! Pretty solid entry.
8. Malaysia – Elizabeth Tan – You know, I kind of enjoyed this. She was giving me slay. The song is not my favorite but it's pretty fun.
9. Haiti – KAYTRANDA – Idk I love Kali Uchis but this was pretty hit or miss for me. I just feel like there could have been more.
10. Israel – Noa Kirel – If there was ever a song to call a guilty pleasure it would be this. It's pretty basic but I like it a bit tbh. Shhh don't tell anyone.
11. Uruguay - No Te Va Gustar – Didn't love this. It's a good song but not too memorable imo.
12. Japan – AKB48 – I feel like this song goes on for waaay too long but nonetheless it's a bop yes gawd.
13. Cuba – Havana D’Primera – This is giving me very much opening scene in a movie but like a boring romance movie. Again I just feel like it's too long and not that interesting.
14. Nigeria – Tinashe and Ms Banks – This was kind of fun. They were giving me bad bitch. I liked it.
15. Venezuela – Maye – This song started of soooo good and then it just went nowhere I was like ugh! This has so much potential! I still enjoyed it though.
16. New Zealand – Kimbra – I feel like Kimbra has better songs but this was definitely giving iconic ugh I was bopping I was.
17. Jamaica – Spice, Sean Paul, Shaggy – I will only be using gifs to comment on this song.
https://media.tenor.com/images/d86cebe156bd24735cca1a3351cd0cfb/tenor.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/7e5c4a4001731e5493c0dd3161426966/57c40865d12de250-ff/s250x400/4466f0b1f19ebbdf00338bc35d7815fcc4f22a9f.gif
18. Ghana – Efya x DJ Lara Fraser – Both of these girls are gorgeous but this kind of wasn't it for me. I was a bit bored, sorry.
19. Finland – Lxandra – I enjoyed this! Not my favorite but it was pretty good. Also, unrelated, but why is she giving me Sarah Beth teas? Idk chile maybe I'm blind.
20. Senegal – AWA - FUCK IT UPPPPP BITCHHH! Why did I enjoy this so much omg? Talented icon???
21. United States – Lolo Zouaï – Quite the unexpected entry for the US! At least you didn't go the basic route, I like this song. I love the uniqueness and overall bad bitch energy.
22. Sudan – Dua Selah – You know, I kind of enjoyed this. It was unique and for some reason made me really sad. It's not the best entry but I enjoyed it quite a bit!
1005 days 17 hours ago
ParkerSlayer360
PennyTrationStan
full disclosure: dua saleh is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns, so please keep that in mind while writing comments. :)

OMG I am so sorry. I specifically reviewed the bio and only saw the they pronoun being used. Initially, I had two misgendered terms using she. I caught the first one and corrected it. It was only now that I see i misgendered twice. I'm so sorry :(
1003 days 22 hours ago
nhl8765554321
1.Sweden   This song for me gets pretty repetitive and boring but she has good vocals.
2 Russia this spring is interesting I whoudent say I like it but it was still pretty good and she dose have varey good vocals but I also dont think rock and pop mix together.
3.Papua new ganda  again another basic praformince but it was relley good  but it dose kinda get repetitive at some points but besides that the song was ok for me.
4.Palestine This was a good song and I liked that there where English subtitles so we can follow along with it but aging it seams basic but relly good job.
5.Taiwan  It was a ok  praformince but I think It should have been beter with English subtitles but besides that it was a ok praformince not good but also not bad.
6 .Belgium Wow this was a praformince I have been wating for and I it was really good praformince that you picked.
7. Ukraine It was also a good praformince but again I whould have wanted to have some English Subtitles to see what they are saying .
8. Malaysia  this is another good praformince but than again I am repeating myself but besides that it was another ok praformince
9. Hati  it was repetitive and there was not alot of things going on in the praformince as well.
10. Isreal  again this song at the end sounded repetitive but besides that it was a good praformice that you made.
11. Uragwuy this song was l ok but I dont see them being a rock band and agin I want to have English subtitles but everything ells was ok for me.
12.Japan with this song I liked that they put in some English subtitles but I wish there was more but it was a reley good praformince from you girls.
13.Cuba it was a good praformince and I liked the vocals as well and showing us some of the senare as well but again English subtitles.
14.Nigeria  this song was good and I dont have reley alot of complaints about it.
15.Venaslayla  it is another good praformince buf again English subtitles but I still like it as a song it is reley good.
16.New Zealand  It was a good song and Praformince  that you did but I think again it is a bit repetitive .
17.Jamaca  it was a  ok  praformince I liked that you put in the 2 different languages in the song  and praformince wise it was ok not good but not bad but
18.Ghana  it was a really good praformince that you did a and your singing was relly good as welll there arnt alot of negatives I will say on the praformince.
19.Finlind it was another relly good praformince and again there anrnt alot of things I dont like about it was relly good.
20. Senagal it was a ok praformince not good but not bad it did sond repetitive but I did like your vocals they where relly good.
21United states it was another ok praformince I did not like you vocals but the praformince was good .
21. Sudan  I liked you praformince and your vocals where also good.
1003 days 19 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
1.        Sweden - boring choice BUT i've never been a "let me know" naysayer. i don't care if it's generic, do you HEAR sg lewis' warbling synths? safe choice but it still rips.
2.        Russia - REST IN PEACE TO LINA MORGANA. GO TO HELL IF YOU DID ANYTHING GAGA. obviously very of its time, but i have a soft spot for this kind of 00s myspace pop rock. queen.
3.        Papua New Guinea - the verses kind of meander which is a shame because i really like the hook. it reminds me a bit of superBOP "healing" by camden cox but more low budget. overall, good song but there's room for improvement. still, hook of the edition.
4.        Palestine - this feels tame compared to what the production is giving me, but the message carried it for me. i liked this but it didn't leave as big of an impression on me as i wanted it to.
5.        Taiwan - feels like the extended version of a song from a finalist of american idol in 2005. aka not really my thing.
6.        Belgium - i'm not as offended as i thought i'd be by this LMAO but like others have said, the vocals really don't match the vibe. i didn't wanna hear rag n bone frontman go off on an edm track. this just felt really low energy to me unforch.
7.        Ukraine - bored at the hardkiss but i can't lie and say this does not bop. it meanders at some points but overall not MAD. certainly better than the song from them in vidbir!
8.        Malaysia - like papua new guinea, this definetly has room for POTENTIAL. i feel like i'd like this better in 2014 but i'm honestly not mad at this. quite cute actually.
9.        Haiti - i'd be damned if i ever heard a kaytranada song and disliked it. one of the HITS of 2019, just a total ~vibe~.
10.        Israel - ewww this is kinda stinky. that said this also bops? it's weird to hear such a tame noa kirel song but maybe the "say so" cosplay works for her. it's a nice song and she has the personality to carry it.
11.        Uruguay - well,
12.        Japan - LOL queens. this is not admittedly my favorite song by them and it -is- very ecletic. that said i can fuck with this. maybe not the entire package (god this goes on for way too long) but still, sorta maybe a snap.
13.        Cuba - me and dragotistic were MOVING in the listening party. the instrumentation on this is a thnap. look, just be greatful we didn't get c*mila, okay?
14.        Nigeria - BEST SONG OF 2019. A CLASSIC. MS. BANKS STILL GOES. WHERE WAS HER FEATURE ON "333" HAVE YOU HEARD TINASHE'S NEW ALBUM "333" OH YOU HAVEN'T WELLHEREhttps://open.spotify.com/album/0LHqiYYOsVM9lh9c9w0G1jhttps://open.spotify.com/album/0LHqiYYOsVM9lh9c9w0G1jhttps://open.spotify.com/album/0LHqiYYOsVM9lh9c9w0G1jhttps://open.spotify.com/album/0LHqiYYOsVM9lh9c9w0G1jhttps://open.spotify.com/album/0LHqiYYOsVM9lh9c9w0G1jhttps://open.spotify.com/album/0LHqiYYOsVM9lh9c9w0G1j
15.        Venezuela - venezuelan WINNER. i actually might like this better than "yours" which is saying something because that was a HIT. just really pretty honestly, she just *gets* it.
16.        New Zealand - certainly a shift in sound compared to her ~superior~ hymn "90s music". but i actually quite like this! this kind of pretentious 2011 indie is very hit or miss for me but this was pretty adorable and felt like SUCH a time capsule.
17.        Jamaica - i don't think i pointed this in its original TSC contest because it was just a really strong week, but it might get points here actually. STILL a pussy popper for the ages. all artists here carry of course.
18.        Ghana - i really like the verses but the chorus KINDA lets it down for me. generic but i still get a kick out of it. also efya is GORGEOUS. queen.
19.        Finland - another song that sounds very of its time... that time being 2017 LOL. not really my cup of tea but i'm sure other girls here will live.
20.        Senegal - boring choice but maybe just maybe it could've been a lot worse! :) still a really well executed pop song, i totally get the clickrace drama for this. a HIT.
21.        United States - french/algerian sensation LOLO ZOUAI representing the most boring country ever is kinda funny but i like the choice! this still hits for me.
22.        Sudan - i had come across their music and had them in my potentials list for TSC for a while, although i didn't fully 100% GET it. this is probably my favorite of them, it's just so atmospheric. a total vibe. gave me very very very SLIGHT santigold vibes. whew. good closer!
1003 days 17 hours ago
rodrigueseve
1.        Sweden- Alright I'm moving a little I must say, even if this feels like real dated europop. Its upbeat and grooves, very disco. I've seen this style done better but this is pretty alright
2.        Russia- Very 00s punk, this one is ACTUALLY dated. Not my thing sorry
3.        Papua New Guinea- OK THIS BOPS A BIT! Sure feels a bit low budget and the chorus is a little repetitive but i like the music
4.        Palestine- This type of music, specially when sung by males, I struggle to like. I appreciate the ethnic sounds to it but it just doesn't really suit my taste range
5.        Taiwan- Well that bored me
6.        Belgium- Thoroughly liked this, a good build, thought the drop was gonna fuck this up but its subtle in a good way in my opinion. Good pick
7.        Ukraine- I don't think I've ever actually *liked* a Hardkiss song. Sure I don't mind them, most of the songs I enjoy to some extent, but it's never quite my sound. Too heavy instrumentation for me, also dislike the voice
8.        Malaysia- Was liking the verses but the chorus kinda makes this fall flat. It's not bad, but ultimately it's rather forgettable to me
9.        Haiti- Another song with a throwback feel to it, this type of it isn't really my style to be quite honest. Just nothing quite stands out to me
10.        Israel- Noa Kirel is a girl I don't see the appeal of a lot of times but this little queen bop is kinda giving it to me. Very Doja (Kitty) Cat copycat but I'm enjoying it, very bubbly
11.        Uruguay- Yup, no me gusto. Dislike his voice, dislike this boring attempt at indie chill rock ish music. Let me play guitar and have the gays screaming for days? Seriously who thinks of this shit?
12.        Japan- AKB, legends <3

Anyways this song outselss ^ I like the verses in No Way Man but the chorus is a bit of a noise wall
13.        Cuba- I respect the music style definitely representing cuban music, just wished it didn't bore me to death
14.        Nigeria- I swear this song has been sent like thrice to The Ferm Project. That being said, it is a bop, which is why it's done well there. It just makes me feel like such a bad bitch very sensuous and sexy
15.        Venezuela- This has some really soft heavenly melodies. It borders a bit on boring territory but its the boring song I like the most thus far!
16.        New Zealand- Oh wow had never heard a solo Kimbra song. I wish I didn't still
17.        Jamaica- Not gonna lie after the shit I've been listening in this contest this sin't even half bad. I mean it is bad objectively, but this reggaeton style tracks that have a darker sound ammuse me
18.        Ghana- This actually had a really nice rhythm and melody to it, very smooth and catchy. Good one
19.        Finland- Sude I just... This is a good song but this is also such a cheap submission. Jesus
20.        Senegal- When I heard this in TFP I was kinda floored. WHAT A BOP. It's that R&B pop fusion greatness I was looking for. So good
21.        United States- If you're gonna pick the USA I RESPECT you going for something like this. Which is very much not american. I enjoyed this. It's a little experimental, the music kinda sounds like old ad music at times and then the chorus snaps
22.        Sudan- Very alternative, the verses are alright but the chorus easily elevates this whole package as its the most memorable part
1003 days 16 hours ago
Talian
1. 🟢 Sweden : this has been on repeat ever since. Let’s give this girl a Pulitzer or whatever they give to writers. Those lyrics are LIT.

2. 🔴 Russia : the chorus gave me headache and the song is a little obnoxious. Especially the chorus.

3. 🟠 Papua New Guinea : wasn’t bad but too old-sounding in not an interesting way.

4. 🟡 Palestine : that chorus was so good. The rest kinda meh so the average is this.

5. 🟠 Taiwan : wish it went somewhere.

6. 🟡 Belgium : it almost went there but it’s not a full in.

7. 🟡 Ukraine : not bad but can’t say this is totally original.

8. 🟡 Malaysia : veri classy but not memorable

9. 🟡 Haiti : once again. Good but not great.

10. 🟢 Israel : …so the contrarie of what I say to my dates. Oh wait… out loud? Btw brilliant. The lyrics I really like.

11. 🔴 Uruguay : i am sorry

12. 🟡 Japan : pretty standard.

13. 🔴 Cuba : meh

14. 🟢 Nigeria : literal perfection.

15. 🟠 Venezuela : whispery debates aren’t my thing at all.

16. 🟢 New Zealand : didn’t expect this to still hold up but it does.

17. 🟢 Jamaica : living. Living.

18. 🟡 Ghana : good but could be better.

19. 🔴 Finland : she’s very hit or Miss for me and this was a Miss. Too outdated.

20. 🟢 Senegal : imagine if I didn’t do this first. Hope you received my message.

21. 🟢 United States : wow stunning.

22. 🟠 Sudan : liked the dreamy vibe but the rest… idk.
1003 days 10 hours ago
TolisKalkas
1.        Sweden        I mean another BOP from Mabel. Really been delivering good bops
2.        Russia        you can tell all the influences in this song and the mv as well.
3.        Papua New Guinea        we do love a good beach bar vibe
4.        Palestine        i'm just glad they didn't over autotune his voice like a lot of these types of songs have
5.        Taiwan        wow you really can tell they LOVE to sing.
6.        Belgium        I mean, it's a bop, they've had better, they've had worse
7.        Ukraine        honestly, i don't think i'll ever like a hardkiss song.
8.        Malaysia        wow the big guns really did come out this week. some really good songs so far
9.        Haiti        it's a vibe, but not a big vibe
10.        Israel        this is definitely another one that the gays are probably living for
11.        Uruguay        what kind of generic dad rock song?
12.        Japan        someone check fritzyyyyy's sugar levels please.
13.        Cuba        honestly, kind of a vibe. this is gonna be hard to give points this week
14.        Nigeria        come on tennis shoes. kinda serving, but she's definitely hit it better
15.        Venezuela        come on put me to sleep
16.        New Zealand        sorry i'm not a kimbra gay
17.        Jamaica        Do I need to really comment on this? I think yall know how much i FUCKING LOVE this song.
18.        Ghana        honestly, after this, i really should be giving more credit to the songs that are hitting out of no where
19.        Finland        i will not be digging that deep
20.        Senegal        i mean... let's be honest, twerk and whine to this
21.        United States        at this point there is enough stuff that i liked, i don't have to even pretend to even try to give this a chance. bye
22.        Sudan        this was painful. these last 2 tried too hard.
1003 days 9 hours ago
ParkerSlayer360
I am sooo sad I can't be there for the live reveal of points. Especially cuz this is WSCs fisrt one.

So I send my love, shade, sass to you all who watch live.

My parting message especially to Catch_a_falling_star and y'all

To all who did not give points to my entry, prepare to be pushed into incoming subway traffic

http://i.imgur.com/WJplOp4.gif

And to all if my entry which will be revealed ain't in the top five, I will engineer a terror plot that forces Catch_a_falling_star to refuse to certify the results.

https://imgur.com/UgjNBlr.gif

My entries shall be respected forever and always ;)

open group

World Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!