This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

World Song Contest 1 - Live Show

Topic » World Song Contest 1 - Live..

995 days 23 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Hello everyone!
Welcome to the live show of the first ever World Song Contest here on Tengaged.

I will be starting the live show at 7pm BST today which will be approximately two hours after this post.

We will be holding a live listening party at that time and all players are invited. The link will be posted then.

I hope to see you then.
995 days 22 hours ago
SeaViper
*Dances*
995 days 21 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
https://i.imgur.com/U6GEdBE.gif
995 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
World Song Contest was set up to celebrate the different musical styles and cultures from all over the Globe. I’m pleased to announce we have a very diverse group of countries for our first edition.

Tonight’s Running Order:

1.        Sweden
2.        Russia
3.        Papua New Guinea
4.        Palestine
5.        Taiwan
6.        Belgium
7.        Ukraine
8.        Malaysia
9.        Haiti
10.        Israel
11.        Uruguay
12.        Japan
13.        Cuba
14.        Nigeria
15.        Venezuela
16.        New Zealand
17.        Jamaica
18.        Ghana
19.        Finland
20.        Senegal
21.        United States
22.        Sudan
995 days 21 hours ago
dragotistic
who the heck got the United States
995 days 21 hours ago
Alexeh23
hey

https://i.imgur.com/uVEKcli.gif
995 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
Here is the official CyTube link for this contest.
https://cytu.be/r/worldsongcontest

I will be posting the entries in time with the live show.

Before we start I would like to say the following thank yous to:

TolisKalkas - For giving us permission to use documents he created
Alexeh23 - For creating fabulous logos and images for us to use
PennyTraitionStan - For enthusiastically organising this first contest
995 days 21 hours ago
PennyTrationStan
and a major thanks to catch_a_falling_star for hosting our first contest and slaying!
995 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
1.        Sweden – Mabel-  ‘Let Them Know’

Mabel is the daughter of Swedish singer Neneh Cherry and producer Cameron McVey. The singer shot to fame in 2017 with her breakthrough hit Finders Keepers. Mabel went onto release her debut album, High Expectations, two years later and it entered the UK Albums Chart at number three. It included the top 10 singles Don’t Call Me Up, Boyfriend and Mad In Love. She has received numerous awards and accolades throughout the course of her career, including the Brit Award for British female solo artist in 2020.
995 days 21 hours ago
SeaViper
1) Sweden - If I could give this negative points I would :)
995 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
2.        Russia – Lina Morgana – ‘Far Away’

Lina Morgana was a Russian songstress who is sadly no longer with us. Her fans consider her to have been a beautiful, bright rising star with a voice like no other. This entry tonight is a tribute to that and her talent in general.
995 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
3.        Papua New Guinea – EMI MARIA – ‘Lost In Tokyo’

Emi Maria was born in Papua New Guinea. Her mother is Japanese-New Guinean, while her father is Papua New Guinean. She spent the first five years of her life in Papua New Guinea, before moving to Kobe in Japan. She first started listening to R&B at 6 due to her sister, listening to such artists as Janet and Michael Jackson, and K-Ci & JoJo.
995 days 21 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
4.        Palestine – Bashar Murad – ‘MAKSHARA’

Bashar Murad is a Palestinian singer, songwriter, and social activist based in East Jerusalem. His music addresses societal norms, the Israeli Occupation, and LGBT+ rights in the Middle East. He is most commonly known for his collaboration with Icelandic techno-punk band Hatari on the song "Klefi / Samed", which was shortly released after Hatari raised the Palestinian flag at the grand finale of Eurovision 2019 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
995 days 20 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
5.        Taiwan – Mayday – ‘Because of You’

Mayday is a Taiwanese band that released their first album in 1999 with five members, Monster (leader, lead guitar), Ashin (vocal), Stone (rhythm guitar), Masa (bass) and Ming (drums). Formerly called So Band, they came to be known as Mayday in 1997, with the name originating from Masa's online nickname. Dubbed as the “Beatles of the Chinese World”, Mayday has won many awards in their career, including the Golden Melody Award for Best Band.
995 days 20 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
6.        Belgium – Lost Frequencies – ‘Rise’

Felix De Laet known by his stage name Lost Frequencies, is a Belgian DJ and record producer. He is best known for his singles "Are You with Me" in 2014 and "Reality" in 2015. The name "Lost Frequencies" was first used when De Laet had used old songs, which he calls 'lost frequencies' to make remixes when he started the project.
995 days 20 hours ago
Catch_a_falling_star
7.        Ukraine – The Hardkiss – ‘7 vitriv’

The Hardkiss were formed in 2011 by lead singer Julia Sanina and guitarist Valeriy Bebko. In September the band presented their debut video "Babylon".  They have been the opening act for Hurts  and Solange Knowles in Kyiv. In 2012, The Hardkiss were nominated for the MTV Europe Music Award for Best Ukrainian Act.

open group

World Song Contest

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!