This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Chapter 6 Escapade

Topic » Chapter 6 Escapade

1551 days ago
Symmetry888
She frowns. "...We'll find out soon..." She thinks of Rin and knows she has to make sure what happened to her brother doesn't happen to her.
1551 days ago
bigdizzleyomama
*the survivors are lead up to a boat where the other survivors from the first season wait to greet them and comfort them fearing the worst*
-End of season-
1550 days 23 hours ago
SirNiceGuy
*END OF SEASON REVIEW*

Let's do this uwu
------------------------
PROS

The characters were not entirely interesting as a whole, but it was still a solid cast. I didn't care for my own character, but beyond that, there were plenty of standouts, like Brenda, Rain Boy or the mastermind Ai (bless her heart and soul). Also loved the contrast between this fairly wholesome cast and the largely fucked-in-the-head season one cast.
-
I find the concept behind the multiple themed sections to be really interesting. Each section was distinct and unique, and I enjoyed reading to see how each location varied. Some places got more attention than others from the players, but that's not the fault of the locations. Great theming, fun locations, an overall really nice setting.
-
Of course, it's a Danganronpa, it has all the standard Danganronpa features, and it did them all well. Lots of fun trials, executions were well-written, good evidence, the works. It does everything that a Danganronpa needs to do, and it passes with flying colors.

CONS

The villains, the Four, the Stiffs. They're too shitty of people to really be sympathetic, but considering we just spent a whole season with them a few months ago, learning about their lives and their goals and such, they're not hateable enough to actively root against. I thought the idea of using random innocents from one season as villains in another was novel in concept, but I don't think it works in practice, even if you take more sympathetic characters like Rin or Brenda. It's senseless tragedy, I get that's supposed to be the point, but it just... really doesn't work for me. I don't know if Rin or Brenda's players got informed that they would be converted to the villain faction or not, but if this is done again in the future, I hope they at least are.
-
The Four's banter at trials and motives was mildly annoying. Probably the point, I know, and I got better at zoning it out as the season progressed, but it doesn't change the fact that they were largely a nuisance whose jokes mostly just revolved around them physically and verbally abusing each other, which made me uncomfortable at points.
-
I don't feel like this season really embraced the 90s theme like it could have, outside of the troll dolls. It definitely feels like it could have been set in the 2020s at some points.

OVERALL
If I had to give this a numerical score, it'd probably be a 6 or a 7 out of 10, leaning more toward 7. There were major problems I had with it, but it was overall a *good* season. Not great, I would not call it great, but I think it was good. Here's to a better (or at least on par) season 3.
1550 days 22 hours ago
ninjohn
WE DID IT :'D
1550 days 22 hours ago
camell22
YEEEEEEEAH <3
1548 days 14 hours ago
dawnpeacly
-Finale Review-

Red Turbo - Red was a shocking character for me especially with his character growth and the twist that he was a traitor at the final trial. He was mainly just a cute and lovable character, I wish we got to see him grow into more of a leader but he’s not dead so we could maybe see it later ;)

Arabella Frankfort - Arabella is definitely one of my favorites that I’ve seen Krystal play. She was fun and hilarious, and I also think that she was friends with pretty much the whole cast. I know there were more Arabella and Neil scenes, but I didn’t get to read it fully because I fell asleep and it was like 10 pages worth lol. I also loved her relationship with Ai even if it got trashed during the final trial lmaooo. Her and Rin were cute too.

Rhea Frieling - At the beginning of the season, I didn’t know how to feel about Rhea because she was bland and a little boring. As the season went on though, I started to really love Rhea and all her unintentionally funny moments that were absolutely hilarious. I think Rhea was a pretty good character and I’m glad she got to live!

Rin Tatsumi - Out of everyone in the finale, Ai and Rin have probably spoken the least, which sucks because I absolutely adore Rin and her sarcastic ass! She had a lot of funny and cute moments, and I just wish I got to be in a dumpster fashion show. Anyways, I’m excited to see Rin hopefully in the upcoming season!!

Brenda Goodhead - Brenda was an all star character from the very start just because of how spunky and comical she was. I started loving her way more towards the end of the season when all her close friends had died and she was alone, that was sad and interesting to watch. And now she’s a villain which is shocking!! I hope to see her and Rin both in season 3. :)

Rain Boy - Rain Boy was a character that I honestly didn’t expect to make finale at the beginning of the season, and then he ended up surviving! He was a really interesting character to watch, especially since he spent most of his time alone and/or with his little animal friends. I also liked the relationship he had with Ai, they had a brother-sister dynamic that I just adored. Let’s play the Bible game!!

Elias Murchoff - Elias dying made me sad especially since I had to kill him LOL I wish him and Ai spoke more because he was a cool character to have around and his story was pretty interesting. Lucien and him were also a cute, I’m glad they got to die together tee hee

Lucien Monette - Lucien was such a strong character and is definitely one of the reasons why I loved this season so much because it definitely wouldn’t have been the same without him. His rivalry with Ai was very entertaining, and his interactions with Arabella and Elias were really cute too. I hated killing Lucien, but as Ai, I fucking loved it ngl.

Ai Ito - This character is probably my all time favorite of mine. I think she was very comedic and funny, serious at times, and she began to show emotion nearing the end of the season especially with Brenda and Elias. Unfortunately, that all went out the window but that’s perfect but it definitely went out in style and Ai Ito style. I also fucking loved her execution because it pretty much covered Ais backstory lmao. I’m so happy I got to play MM, especially as Ai!
Also: Todd is Ais father that “killed” her and her mother!

-Season Review-

You guys already know that I prefer Season 2 over 1, but after some reviewing and thinking... my opinion is still the same LOL. So here’s why, season 2 and 1 are two very different seasons with VERY different casts, so it’s really hard to compare them and they’re both really great in their own ways, we can thank our two hosts for that. Anyways, so for me, season 2 started off kind of slow. This is understandable since it was the beginning and little to no action has happened. As the season went on though, things started to speed up and we got a lot of development and memorable scenes from it. What I think season 2 was lacking was a comedic element that stuck through the whole season, but it also had a cast that legitimately felt like a dysfunctional family which was so cute to see unfold. The cast of season 2 had a lot of strong characters that didn’t have many flaws from what I could see and the story was overall pretty good! I do wish that the 90s feature was more present like the 80s were in season 1, that’s really my only main criticism.
1544 days 1 hour ago
coolKat
At age 10 Dillys parents gave him away to some scientists in exchange for money. This is when he got his cat features and also was forced to live with the scientists until he eventually escaped.
They along with people at school forced him to do taboo things... and Um yah, he eventually escaped from his captors and found a nice home...where he stayed with other people who went through trauma.... and helped him better himself

open group

Danganronpa: Back To The Past

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!