This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Panel Nine: Beauty that Empowers

Topic » Panel Nine: Beauty that..

2159 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
It takes a lot to be a boss. And it's a battle everyday to look my best and make others think I'm feeling my best to. However, whether you're feeling on top of the world or just wanting to watch the clouds above you past, you are the only one walking your own unique path. Whether you're a super model, a garbage truck worker or anywhere in between; you are unique and beautiful. Let Covergirl help you turn every step of your road into a runway! #IAmWhatIMakeUp

Nin's Photo(to show I still got it~!)
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/3c/5a/fc/3c5afc8259d43cab8a34c4de244b100e.jpg

(Wearing Never Say Never~!)

Welcome to the main stage of Ninjohn's Next Top Model! Tonight, there are eleven models and, after this panel, there will only be ten continuing on in the hopes of becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model. You know our judges; the dancing bachelor of Tengaged, Adam Aladisco and your current freakin' reigning, Eric Haarer.

And please give a warm welcome to our extra special guest Covergirl, Taylor Swift!
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OilyConstantImperatorangel-size_restricted.gif

Taylor will also be providing with the Face-Face-FACE Off song this week, so be sure to impress!

This week, you eleven models were tasked with creating a commercial for Covergirl's newest movement, #IAmWhatIMakeUp and writing, producing and presenting it all by your lonesome! And, as an added part to the challenge, your photoshoot was based off of one of the Melting Pout Matte Lipsticks by Covergirl! That's: Melting Pout Matte Lipsticks by Covergirl, now available at...anywhere that has good fashion taste, actually! Tonight, one of you will win this week's challenge and another one of you will be going...home.

Let's start the panel!
2159 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Now, if I call your name, please...step forward."
2159 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Crystal Rubes. Crystal Silvian. Diana Black. Ember Moon. Tanisha Evison. Tina Hamasaki. You six represent the best and the worst of this week. The rest of you, congratulations; you're still in the running to becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model."
2159 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Alright, now it's time for critiques!"
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-CRYSTAL ROBINS-
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9e/81/13/9e8113dcc47f0184e48106f2350e9a05.jpg
(No idea who Crystal Rubes, the teleprompter will be FIRED tomorrow~! Crystal R. is wearing the shade "Current Nude!")

Crystal Robins, my word, it's been six whole weeks since the judges have been able to talk to you. It always broke my heart when the official rankings were finalized because you have consistently been top five, top four week after week but each time, there just wasn't enough uniqueness or fire that would tip you over the edge there was in the past. This challenge, although extremely difficult, I think woke something in you because this commercial is stunning. Your commercial felt like a conversation. It felt casual and like you were an actual person which shocked me personally because I feel like in the past, your presentations have always been very professional and very matter-of-fact. You were the only model to mention that the products are NOT exclusive to one gender which the panel appreciated. It bordered on being just a bit cheesy but, I mean, come on. I'm not the person to dock anyone on cheesiness so this commercial was really amazing! I'd hate to think that in the past, you've been holding back your personality because the Crystal we saw in this was fun, fresh and lively, we need her more often! As for your photo, this photo is gorgeous. The touch of having the makeup sort of bleed on your skin was very exciting to watch. The only critique of it is that it could've been closer to the actual shade of the lipstick but, overall, it's a great shot! Good to have you back in the top!

Taylor: "Wow, you look great! I hope you STAY BEAUTIFUL! Buy STAY BEAUTIFUL on iTunes!"
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-CRYSTAL SILVIAN-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/01/cd/17/01cd1746c0322201711cec82f2416d65--avant-garde-hairstyles-wilhelmina-models.jpg
(This week, Crystal S. is wearing the shade "Never Say Never!")

Crystal Silvian, you have made a name for yourself in this competition as the girl who always is out to make a mark. The judges appreciate your passion for the competition and that has turned out to be your strongest asset. However, what the judges tend to ask time to time about you is this: "Can passion and drive make up for a lack of execution?" What the judges have for you as a task is to complete the challenges in a way that capture your fire and your drive. This week, you hit that nail on the head. This commercial, although short, felt like an actual commercial. This script could be recorded by Taylor and put on the telly and nobody would bat an eye. As for your picture, I automatically matched it to what shade it was supposed to be and, on top of that, it felt like an actual modeling picture. The pose, the tension, the placement of the hands, the colours; everything about this photo really could go with the "Never Say Never" shade. It's a knockout! This could be the beginning of you really rising in this competition and the panel is happy to see it.

Taylor: "The color may be dark but you still made SPARKS FLY! By SPARKS FLY on iTunes!"
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-DIANA BLACK-
http://www.sheldonparsons.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/storyboard007.jpg
(This week, Diana is wearing the shade "Ballerina!")

Diana, let's start with your commercial. With this commercial, it feels like you slammed on the gas pedal but didn't have any gas. Half of your commercial had to do with the fact that you're a competitor on this cycle, but the commercials that you write are being critiqued like they're actually going on television. If someone at home saw you saying "this competition", they wouldn't know what you were talking about. The tense switching also through the panel off, it made the commercial sound more on the clunkier side. Also, the "strengthening others' beauty" felt like it came out of left field. There are a lot of good ideas in the commercial but it just needed to be polished a bit more. Talking about this cycle more specifically, going more in depth on how the campaign helps people, these would've been ways to improve your commercial. And as for your photo, it's graphic and nice to look at but we have no contact with your beautiful face at all. This also is similar to another model's shot from the previous week and, on top of that, the ballerina shade is a bright pink colour and this shot doesn't refer back to that at all. I'd hate to think that your week of success has gone to your head, but this week is another poorly executed one.

Taylor: "Woah, your picture looks sort of HAUNTED! Buy HAUNTED on iTunes!"
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-EMBER MOON-
https://images.prod.meredith.com/content/281474979843098/553412
(This week, Ember is wearing the shade "Coral Chronicles!")

Ember, let's talk about your commercial first. Upon the first read through of your commercial, it was reviewed as fair enough. Skimming over it, it seems like a perfectly fine commercial; you hit all the keywords, you talked about leadership, diversity and being unique and that's the whole spirit of the campaign. However, upon the second and the third go through, the commercial became more questionable. It feels like two different commercials sort of put into one. The first half about having a story to share and including the storytime archetypes was one commercial and then the second half about being beautiful and unique. Another note was that there are more than three people in the world, not just the leaders, supporters and those on the rebound. But then we get to your photo; the explanation for your photo, ironically, was a better than your commercial. You got to the meat and potatoes of the shot, you gave a nod to the campaign challenge and you made it personal. I'm not sure what changed in your approach from the challenge but in the photo, that's what I wanted to see. The photo itself is beautiful, it was just angeled a bit oddly. It's just so mismatched that, at this point, it has to be noticed.

Taylor: "You do have a lot of STYLE! Buy STYLE on iTunes!"
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-TANISHA EVISON-

I'll put as much effort in the critiques as you did submitting a photo.
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-TINA HAMASAKI-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a2/f8/86/a2f886ff29c6882ef91f8d26d7766c0d--black-swan-makeup-natalie-portman-black-swan.jpg
(This week, Tina is wearing the shade "Ballerina!")

Tina, let's start with your commercial. Your commercial was one of the most unique out there because it talke about a lot of things other people didn't. From talking about your walk, to incorporating different shades of the photoshoot challenge, it felt like a nice alternate and parallel to the other models. You have a unique way of thinking and you were able to to show it off favourably this week. As for your photo, it was a very gutsy and interesting take. However, it definitely was a great photo, it was interesting and out of the box, just like your explanation. This week was a nice week for you to show your creativity, it surprised the judges! Nicely done, Tina!

Taylor: "Wow, you look GORGEOUS! Buy GORGEOUS on iTunes!"
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Well, the judges and I have seen enough. And I have made some...decisions."
2159 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "

Crystal Robins. Your "Current Nude" photoshoot struck gold. And, in your commercial, you bared it all for the world to see.

Crystal Silvian. In terms of counting you out, you proved to "Never Say Never." And in your commercial, you forced the world to say "Yes Ma'am!"

Tina Hamasaki. Your photoshoot proved you're more than just a "Ballerina." This week, your photoshoot and your commercial proved you are a real primadonna."
2159 days ago
ninjohn
...Nin: "Crystal Silvian, congratulations you are the WINNER of this week's challenge!"

Taylor: https://media.giphy.com/media/u23zXEvNsIbfO/giphy.gif

Nin: "You've won a pivotal advantage in the next week's challenge! Crystal R., Tina, congratulations; all three of you are still in the running to becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model!"
2159 days ago
ninjohn
Nin: "And then there were three.

Diana Black. In the photoshoot, your "Ballerina" soared but in a darker shade than needed. And, in the challenge, you stumbled.

Ember Moon. Your "Coral Chronicle" was a one story series. And your commercial...sunk.

Tanisha Evison. At this point in the competition, sitting out is no longer an option."
2159 days ago
NicoleF
YES! THANKS QUEEN!!!
2159 days ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Diana Black. ...I'm sorry but you're up for elimination. Ember Moon. ...Congratulations, you're still in the running to becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model. Tanisha Evison, I'm sorry but you're up for elimination."

open group

Ninjohn's Next Top Model 7!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!