This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Panel Eight: Not-So-New Blood

Topic » Panel Eight: Not-So-New Blood

2164 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin's Photo(to show I still got it~!)
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ef/0a/25/ef0a256a80a88427b0a8de76eb65e3cc.jpg

(Festive, fun and a little mysterious; if it's covered in gold and covered in a dash of mystery, it's Ninjohn! A model that takes the norm and throws it through glitter in an upscale palace; with playful angles to kick? Well then, you've just found yourself the top super model in Tengaged history~!

-N)

Welcome to the main stage of Ninjohn's Next Top Model! Tonight, there are twelve models and, after this panel, there will only be eleven continuing on in the hopes of becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model. You know our judges; the dancing bachelor of Tengaged, Adam Aladisco and your current freakin' reigning, Eric Haarer.

And please give a warm welcome to our extra special guest judge, Raleigh Ritchie!
https://78.media.tumblr.com/1354cf5cd3db1d6e76ec84b29d28c470/tumblr_ostj12bqYF1v101dyo1_500.gif

Kendrick will also be providing us with the Face-Face-FACE Off song this week, so be sure to impress!

This week, you twelve models were tasked with not only identifying your brand, but taking a shot that embodies it and titling it as well. You were then asked to explain to the judges how this fit into your brand and showing the world that you can live up to what you say. Tonight, one of you will win this week's challenge and another one of you will be going...home.

Let's start the panel!
2164 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Now, if I call your name, please...step forward."
2164 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Corinna Hendrickx. Diana Black. Lapis Bondal. Melodie Quinn. Stanley Meeks. Tina Hamasaki. You six represent the best and the worst of the week. The rest of you, congratulations. You are still in the running to becoming Ninjohn's Next Top Model."
2164 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "However. Crystal Silvian. You are the first model in Ninjohn's Next Top Model history to be safe with a late submission. This is solely by the ranks that my other two judges assigned you. However, if you ever submit late again, I promise you that you will be in the bottom three. I hope I have made myself clear. Leave the stage."
2164 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Alright, now, it's time for critiques!"
2164 days 2 hours ago
Blingbae
*sips pink lemonade*
2164 days 2 hours ago
rodrigueseve
I had another photo ready, i should have sent it but I thought ya'll would critique the position
Fuck my life.
2164 days 2 hours ago
Blingbae
*slurps lemonade*
2164 days 2 hours ago
ninjohn
-CORINNA HENDRICKX-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kc-obbfVA9EMx3luAaKsoWozf5YcTS1K

Title: Portraits of Femininity

Corinna, as a judge, when your only way of getting to know people is through the photographs and the explanations they give, it's very hard to glean someone's true personality. Therefore, challenges like these are crucial because they let us get the best view as to who has the fresh personality which we are looking for in the winner of this competition. With your explanation and presentation, it felt like we were watching someone who was ready to do something with their platform. It sounds like someone who is very aware of themselves and who's very confident in it. It was very sophisticated, at a level that was pleasantly surprising at. As for your photo, I immediately thought "This is Frida Kahlo mixed with Rosie the Riveter." Although the pose is a bit basic, your face brings in the intensity that you are becoming so well known for to the entire photo. Great job this week!"

Raleigh: "This photo is THE GREATEST! Buy THE GREATEST on iTunes!"
2164 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-DIANA BLACK-
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/08/86/14/088614f6800d9298ae8668a01469700f.jpg

Title: warrior princess

Diana, now this week, you had to work against the "Photo Rush" disadvantage which Corinna placed under you for the week. It's a very tough disadvantage; you literally have half the time to look for a submission than the other models and that you yourself usually have to. However, we still have to hold you to the same accord; you have to be committed, you have to be high fashion and you have to stand out. This photo does not reflect those qualities of you on any of the accounts. This photo really does look like you just posed until you found something that was just on the cusp of "fierce" and went for it. What the judges know you for by now are photos that are absolutely vivid and full figured. Your "Dumb Ways to Die" photo and your "Sloth" photos are perfect examples of this. Holding this photo to those just doesn't seem to fit in with your aesthetic. And your explanation...is nothing to remember. Just a few words and sentences? It doesn't feel sincere.

Raleigh: "You seem stuck, like THE MIDDLE CHILD! Buy THE MIDDLE CHILD on iTunes!"
2164 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-LAPIS BONDAL-
http://www.stylisheve.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Underwater-Yoga-Photographs-8.jpg

Title: N/A

Lapis, as the only model to yet place in the top three, part of me is pulling for you to finally break through which I feel everyone deserves a chance to. However, another part of me is saying that, at this point, if you do not improve, maybe this competition is not for you. This week, I don't think that this is by any means...something to burn and toss in the trash. But this does not show the improvement that the panel is looking for. I like pieces of this. The underwater shot is brave, the bottom half of your clothes are nicely flared out. But apart from that, there isn't much to ride home about in this. This photo seems halfway between a commercial shot and a bit of a parody but neither of those are the high fashion standards we're looking for. In fact, one of my judges say this is among the worst of the entire cycle.  And your explanation, while it was alright, also did not exceed any expectations. And at this point, the pressure is on for you more than it is anyone else to succeed.

Raleigh: "Next time, just KEEP IT SIMPLE! Buy KEEP IT SIMPLE on iTunes!"
2164 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-MELODIE QUINN-
https://imgur.com/a/xJOHiMN

Title: Eloquent Couture

Melodie, let me tell you, when I first saw this submission, I can not tell you how many hairs stood up on the back of my neck because of how alarmed I was that your picture's title was "eloquent" and not "elegant!" I give thanks to you for explaining yourself because this photo and your explanation is an all out knock-out. This photo is so different from what anyone else is known for. You have definitely made a name for yourself in taking it upon yourself to represent different types of beauty and it's something of notice. On top of this, your angles and your posing are all so natural, it just feels right to look at. And in your explanation, hearing something that your so passionate about and so proud to represent really let the judges know that you're ready to make a move in fashion with your time here. It's something we're happy to see and we're happy to see you advance!

Raleigh: "This looks like a photo during THE LAST ROMANCE! Buy THE LAST ROMANCE on iTunes!"
2164 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-STANLEY MEEKS-
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Mk6aYRX-u48/WgRVDTkVAEI/AAAAAAALKOo/5Q10LxFTowAJUsGFP_VDpcBXx1AmhwldwCLcBGAs/s1600/04.jpg

Title: The Dreamer's Disease

Stanley, you are the grab bag of the models in this competition. Because of your specific aesthetic choices, I always find myself waiting for you to run out of gas but if I had doubts this week, they were silenced! This photo is really just out of this world. ...However, I have to admit, this is not my own personal favourite shot of you. During the panel, this photo split me from my other two judges and I'll tell you why. The other judges fell in love with your photo because of how striking it is but my issue is that, despite that, I'm not in love with this pose. For something so wild and out there, the contrast of pensively standing there is not my favourite. Something more dynamic, something more exciting would have swung me over. And then we have your explanation. Your explanation is nice enough and the panel, for the most part, that it was professional and well kept but I don't believe for a moment this is the real Stanley Meeks. When I think of you, I think of heaps of personality, I think of killer beauty with a little bit of weirdness and I think of something unique. I was shocked at how much your explanation DIDN'T stand out to me. Don't be afraid to show that oddity when we ask to see what you're all about! The next time you get the chance to present yourself like this, don't be afraid to go ALL the way with it because that's a large part of the reason you're here in the first place.

Raleigh: "Don't live LIFE IN A BOX! Buy LIFE IN A BOX on iTunes!"
2164 days 1 hour ago
Blingbae
YES STANLEY WERK
2164 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
-TINA HAMASAKI-
http://www.prowpatareeya.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Minka-Kelly-Beautiful-Close-Up-Photoshoot-3.jpg

Title: Turning Point

Tina, between this week and last week...I think it's clear that you're not much of a speaker. I'll start with your explanation. This...presentation with all of its run-on sentences and its vulgarity was a very interesting read, to say the least. However, one thing that it wasn't was professional. You have to be able to take a step back and say "What needs editing? What could be fixed?" when presenting something to the panel. And, in terms of your story, sometimes less is more. If you were saying you were just turning away from something, I would've believed you. But turning away from a toxic relationship and you're smiling because you're specifically happy about the new stages of your life and you're no longer looking back at what happened behind you...do I buy it? No. Not with this shot, which looks more like a nail commercial. The reason why your face shots have worked for you in the past is because of the level of intensity you have in them. If this shot is to be a personal breakthrough or maybe seductive, it should've been all the way. Whether having the eyes open a bit more or maybe looking slightly downwards to be more on level with the camera,  this doesn't feel as on-par as your shots in the past.

Raleigh: "Looks like you need to MIND THE GAP between you and the camera! Buy MIND THE GAP on iTunes!"
2164 days 1 hour ago
ninjohn
Nin: "Well, the judges and I have seen enough. And I have made some...decisions."

open group

Ninjohn's Next Top Model 7!

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!