This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Solitary Updates

Topic » Solitary Updates

2639 days 3 hours ago
RShowFreak
You earned Safety from the Treatment but I will let you see what your opponents will be doing:

"Good morning-evening-afternoon Number 2.

I apologize for the delay but your next Treatment will now begin.

Welcome to your Music Video Mayhem Treatment.  Your goal will be to watch 10 music videos to find/count certain things to create a 20 digit number based on ten 2 digit numbers with a number per video.

I will give you the list of 10 music videos and what to count in a random order.  When you find the numbers you will place them in the order I give you.

When you are ready to guess, post the phrase:

PRESSES GREEN BUTTON

In a separate post then post your 20 digit guess in the format

XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX

with a pair of X's representing a number.  Your score will be how far each number is from the correct answer so if one number is 45 and you guess 48 then you earn 3 penalty points.

The trick is that you are allowed AT MOST FIVE GUESSES.  So you can make 5 guesses at any point.  The only guess that will be judged will be the guess that has the lowest overall score (your best score).  BUT, in the event of a tie, your next best score will be judged as the tiebreaker and so on.  So, you can use your guesses to guess different combinations in the hopes of getting 1 perfect score of 0.  Another method is if you are fully confident in your guess then you can make the same guess multiple times in the hopes your score is perfect and if a tiebreaker is needed your score will still be 0.

One of you earned a penalty for finishing last in the Test.  That penalty is that while everyone receives 5 guesses, that person only receives THREE GUESSES.  If the tiebreaker goes past the initial 3 guesses then the score for the 4th and 5th guess (ones they could not make) would be the worst possible score leading to the worse placement.

The Solitarian who has the highest amount of penalty points on their best guess will be forced to leave Solitary and be eliminated.

If you have any questions or clarifications then post them in your Pod.

You will have until Sunday at 8 pm est (43 hours from now) to make all of your guesses and I will post results that night.

I will post the Music Videos to watch and links to them as well as what to look for/count in a few minutes."
2639 days 3 hours ago
RShowFreak
"The Music Videos will be given in alphabetical order of song title BUT the order you need to place the answers in the code is in order of the PUBLISH DATE of the videos (According to the links I sent) from OLDEST to NEWEST with the oldest in the beginning and the newest in the end

Music Videos:

1. Bruno Mars - 24K Magic

--The sum of the number represented by the Roman Numerals on the hat worn by Bruno Mars, the number Bruno Mars bets on in the game of Roulette, the most number of men in Bruno's crew of roughly 10 people (including Bruno) to wear a hat (HINT: The last number is in a scene in a hallway)

2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

--The sum of all 7 digits in the phone number shown during the music video.

3. Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling

--The number of total people (including Justin) throughout the video who are seen individually dancing in a scene.  (HINT: If the same person dances alone in multiple shots they still count as 1 person)

4. Psy - Gangnam Style

--The total number of times the phrase "Gangnam Style" is said in the entire video.

5. Charlie Puth - Marvin Gaye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNVdlXhKcI
--The sum of the total number of people who wore glasses at 1 point in the video and the total number of couples seen dancing in the center of 2 lines of people (1 line of people per side) (HINT: Count each number individually then add them, if a person or couple fits the criteria and appears in multiple shots they still count as 1 person)

6. Lady Gaga - Million Reasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en2D_5TzXCA
--The sum of the total number of jackets/shirts/robes worn by Lady Gaga in the video, the most number of people seen running towards Lady Gaga in the desert in one frame, and the number of times the video switched from any scene to Lady Gaga in her pink outfit with a guitar. (HINT: For the last one if the scene switches to different views of Lady Gaga in the same outfit/with the guitar with no other scene in between then that still counts as 1.)

7. Wiz Khalifa - See You Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk
--The total number of scenes in which footage of Paul Walker appears (HINT: If there is a scene where Paul Walker is seen in a car that is stationary and then moving, that counts as 2 different scenes - this will play into the count at least once.)

8. Justin Bieber - Sorry (Lyric Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ELbX5CMomE
--How many phrases/groupings of words (if it is just 1 word that counts as a phrase) appear in text somewhere in the video? (If the same phrase appears more than once at different times, they count as separate phrases.) (HINT: If 2 groups of words are shown in 2 separate portions such as a card and it's reflection then it counts as 1 phrase as it is in the same frame, but if the grouping is in a card then that card is "moved" out of the way to show another phrase they count as 2 SEPARATE phrases since the card being moved away is simply being removed.)

9. Maroon 5 - Sugar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg
--The sum of the number of weddings crashed by the band (number of couples [bride/groom] they sang for) and the season number of the Voice in which the 5 Semi-Finalists are shown at some point.

10. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-EO5I60KA
--The total number of times the girl in the video (Brittany Cherry from SYTYCD and DWTS Troupe) had her body spin/rotate a full 360 degrees (a full circle) throughout the video (HINT: If she is lifted off the ground and spun around or flipped that does NOT count as a spin since she is spun by another and you are counting how many times she spins/rotates)

Good luck."
2639 days 3 hours ago
nbkiller
Oh thank Val I don't have to do this treatment... This is one of the many that I came in 2nd to last from the first Solitary.

Glad i get to sit it out
2637 days 3 hours ago
RShowFreak
Number 4

The Treatment is Over.

I will in the main group reveal who is the next casualty of Solitary 2.0

You are free to observe but cannot comment.
2636 days 3 hours ago
RShowFreak
Good morning-evening-afternoon Solitarian.

It is time for your next Test: the Logic Test.  You will be given a simple Logic Grid Puzzle as well as the assigned clues.  The basis of the Puzzle is you are a party company and have 7 events planned with 4 properties for each party: the date, the special request item, the family and the location.

Using the clues you will have to solve the puzzle and successfully determine the 4 properties for each of the 7 parties.  Only when you have solved the puzzle will your time stop. 

Hints will be available in which you choose a square in the grid and I will let you know if that box is false (X) or true (O).  Each hint used will earn a 2 minute penalty.

The Solitarian who finishes in the fastest time will earn safety from my next Treatment while the slowest time will result in a penalty in the upcoming Treatment.

When you are ready to begin simply post the phrase:

PRESSES GREEN BUTTON

and then mail me.

I will then post the puzzle in the images and the clues here and your time will begin.

You will have until TOMORROW (Tuesday) at 12:59 am est (23 hours from now) to at least START the Test.

Good luck.
2635 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
PRESSES GREEN BUTTON
2635 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
You here and ready?
2635 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
I am ready
2635 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
You understand all the rules and how this Test works?
2635 days 11 hours ago
nbkiller
yes
2635 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
Alright, I will post the grid and the clues in the Pod's images.

Once it is all posted your time has started and will not end until you have solved the logic grid puzzle.

Images coming up.
2635 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
Images are up and your time has begun.
2635 days 11 hours ago
RShowFreak
Whenever you want a hint just let me know here.
2635 days 10 hours ago
nbkiller
I would like a hint

October 3rd and O'Connor
2635 days 10 hours ago
RShowFreak
That relationship is TRUE (O) and those 2 properties are meant for the same party.

2 minutes of penalty time has been added.

open group

Solitary v2.0, Pod 4

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!