This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Madagascar]

Topic » Final Tribal Council..

1935 days 5 hours ago
k4r4k
i have "bobs"! i'm all woman, but thank you Kelly lol
1935 days 5 hours ago
TotsTrashy
@Qaz

1. My question for you is was that your strategy coming into the merge or did you flow into the position without expectation?

Being a flipper wasn’t something I really expected to happen and had to embrace that strategy. I thought the first merge vote would go through against David 8-7-1, and when someone messed up the plan, I was put into that position where I needed to recover myself on the side I didn’t plan on sticking with. Even though I answered earlier I would’ve stayed loyal to you and Kara deep, I thought I had better chances at making it far if I stuck it out with Joey and Will like I had planned on like the first half of the game. So I had to manage playing the way I did because I trusted people on the two sides that formed. People wanted to keep me in the game because I had strong enough connections with people on both sides. That might be perceived as being a flip-flopper, but I ultimately did what I had to do.
1935 days 4 hours ago
k4r4k
@Matt

1. First, more of a personal one, why were you constantly leaking things I said back to people like David and Dana? If you wanted to build trust and have me actually believe you would take me to finals, I don't understand the reasoning.

I skyped you for some more clarity on what you think I constantly leaked because I don't remember leaking anything besides the one specific instance I meantioned to you, but will answer this to the best of my knowledge. So David was my ride or die in the game. I did share things with him quite frequently but not everything. Our talks were mostly general updates on what was going on/might be going on and which people we could trust and which people we each wanted to move forward with. The only two conversations I had with him privately about you that I remember was him confirming that you liked and trusted me and I was like "yay, good cause I like him too" and then later when we both agreed that you were probably the better choice to take to f3 if given the opportunity. Then there is the instance I mentioned to you on skype, which was me saying in the Masoala chat that consisted of me, David, Dana, and still Qaz that you were wanting to vote Dana out at f5. I feel you campaigned hard to get me to vote Dana and I basically said I'm not doing it; there's no way. I then said to Dana that I think he might be getting some votes but not from me. Throughout the game I always tried to be careful of the things I said and how I said them. And like I mentioned on skype, I felt if any leaking was happening it was more reversed, that I would tell YOU things; an example being of when Dana said he had a feeling you would flip. Dana and I never really had specifically direct conversations. I'd say things like "I think you're getting votes" but not from whom. In the instance of f5 and in a chat with David and I though the who was apparent :x When I would speak game with you, you would ask me specific things that I always tried to answer honestly. I don't think I could really be labeled as a leaker in this game and if I am I'm the least leakiest of the 3 of the finalist lol. Your trust was important to me and that's why I spent what I felt was a good amount of time to affirm that I was with you and we were on the same page. You were literally the first person I spoke to in the game and I tried to keep you close but not too close that we would get targetted for the entire length of the game. After all you were the person that told me there was a main chat and tribe chat...my skype from 5 years ago had been added. Even though it was a simple act, I knew you had my back from the start and I was going to have yours.

2. Secondly, would you have taken me to the end if Dana did not win that final immunity? You answered this privately but I want to see it in public for the whole jury to see.

As per my answer to one of Ken's questions, in the end I would've voted Dana out over you. It would've been tough and you even asked me what I would do in that situation. When I answered you it wasn't a lie; I really saw pros and cons for going to the end with both of you, but would think I'd fair better against you in the end. As far as I knew, your big move was to lead the charge against taking out Dylan for giving an idol to Joey and going against the Bob Dole alliance. It was a great move but it ultimately failed because the plan leaked and Dylan saved himself with an idol. In comparing that to Dana's move of idoling Qaz and taking out Ethan, I feel like the jury would've sung Dana's praises more. Your game play was more comparable to mine but I feel I could've edged you out in the votes. Maybe I'm wrong about that? but I would've taken you.

3. Tell me why you deserve it over the other. What differentiates you to make you more worthy of the win?

David and I worked well as partners (that weren't secret partners) in this game. We shared a lot and always tried to help each other....but I think what differentiates me from David is my social ability. We are both social but in different ways. He plays more of a villain game while I lean toward the hero side. I always got the impression that David was like the little brother of the game that people didn't really trust him or found him annoying (sorry David you know I love you lol). And I'm more of the crazy aunt that you can talk to about anything. By no means am I saying I'm not annoying but I think my age and life experiences helped me connect to people on a deeper level. People thought of David as a goat and me as the social threat. Because of this I viewed us as opposites in the game outside of the Masoala alliance. It felt like no matter what happened, David would make it to finals because other people thought they could beat him. I was never a shoe in and had to really fight to be here. I knew I was on people's radar from as early as the tribal Ruben left. I think I'm more worthy because I socially outplayed him. People for the most part seemed to like me, want to work with me, and trust me. I don't think people took me farther into the game because they thought they could beat me and I think they never voted me because they liked me. The work I put into building relationships is what got me here and not because I looked weak or beatable.

4. Why did you take each other knowing that there was a potential that the jury saw you as basically the same player? Did you ever consider cutting each other in order to get all the votes from the people who would vote one of you two?

Even though you mentioned it to me in your pitch at f4, I never thought the jury would see us as the same player because we're not. I thought they'd see us as friends and allies, but that the way we play is different. We were basically just two people that trusted each other fully and had a lot of the same agendas. Where my agenda drastically differed was knowing I'd need to get his buddies Will and Qaz out sooner than later. He came into the game with connections that I didn't have so I couldn't let the two of them make the journey with us even though I did like them both. I didn't want anyone in the end that David was closer to than I was.

For about 2 seconds I considered cutting David at f4 while you were talking to me and I pretty much instantly was like nah, that makes no sense for me to be in the end with Dana and Matt by cutting my #1 ally. We always said we'd be happy for the other one if they win. David and I have played together before and never made it to the finale together so I'm proud we made it. Two people from the same frat and he has me #1 on his friends list...pretty cool to not get targeted or pit against each other. Idk if we ever fooled anyone but we tried to make it appear we wouldn't take each other to the end lol. If people think he deserves it more they should vote for him. If people think Dana deserves it more they should vote for him. But I'm hoping people can recognize the things I accomplished and at least consider voting for me because I think I deserve it.
1935 days 4 hours ago
k4r4k
@Qaz

- what do you think you did solely yourself in this game? It could be a move, decision, or whatever. I’m just trying to see what you did yourself this game as often things were decided collectively in our alliance and I didn’t work with you too heavily before Masoala.

Two decisions I made in the game as an individual were:
1. vote out ken at the heroes merge. all day people were dragging their feet and no one would ever just say a name on the pure side of things, so i said "I'm doing Ken." Prior to this I was close to Ken but always thought I wasn't really high on his list of people he'd work with for the entirety of the game. He and I had talks earlier in the day in which he was trying to target Matt because I told him I wouldn't vote Ruben. At this point I went along with the Matt plan to him because I couldn't exactly tell him no with every name he suggested. We were in mid conversation and he disappeared. Supposedly he told other people or the main chat that he was going to sleep but I never read that or knew that. Something felt off. He always seemed to be the one to steer conversations and make chats bringing people together. It worried me that when he didnt respond for hours that he was cooking up something new that I wasn't privy to... so I said you know what KEN SHOULD GO. 5 of us voted him that tribal which was majority, but Will gave him an idol and they sent Ruben packing. So I wasn't successful in this first attempt and after doing that I just knew I was screwed with him. We would talk about life but I didn't dare try to really talk game to him when I'd see him yelling at Tashi to leave him alone, that he didn't want to talk about the game lol. Soooooo we merged and I kept trying to get Ken out but people like Mud were protecting him. Eventually two votes later I got my wish as Ken left in a 9-4 vote, which in my opinion was the smoothest vote of the season.

2. No, I will not take Will to f4 and vote out Dana. Matt pushed hardddddddd for Dana to go and to keep Will. I said no, it's not happening. Will, Matt, and David would've had the power to vote out Dana at this point but David straight up said "If Kara won't do Will then I wont." I knew that no matter who was left in the game out of Dana or Will that that person had a high probability of winning the f4 immunity but there was not a chance in hell I would have ever kept Will and I put my foot down. Not only would Will have won this game, but Will would have taken Matt and David to finals over me. So no, no, no absolutely not lol :p
1935 days 4 hours ago
k4r4k
Dylan I'll get to your question later, sorry for the delay!
1935 days 3 hours ago
DBWs
Question for David/Dana, if you two had to describe your game with 3 words that began with f, what would they be?
1935 days 3 hours ago
konohavillage1
I just want to say you all are answering pretty well and I think this decision is a lot tougher than what I was expecting coming in.
1935 days 2 hours ago
k4r4k
@Dylan

1. So I got a question for both David/Kara. The jury sees you two as not making many moves, definitely not to the degree Dana was able to pull off, however I do think there is a lot to be said that you never HAD to do those moves. That being said, I want to know where you think your position was in the Bobs Dole/KKK alliance, and had Ethan/I not flipped, where do you think your end game would have taken you? That is, did you plan where your endgame would take you and if not, how would you have wanted it to shake out?

I love Dana but the only move I know of him pulling off was idoling Qaz and sending Ethan home, which the jury doesn't seem to think fondly of Dana for from the things said in here. You're absolutely right, I never really had to make what most people consider "big moves." My moves within this game were finally getting out my big targets of Ken, Joey, and Will. Joey and Will were like cats with 9 lives in this thing...at one point I was like crap these guys are gonna run to the end. I thought at least one would actually make it because things seemed to always go their way. Luckily at f5 I won immunity and had the opportunity to take out Will.

The Bob Dole alliance consisted of me, you, David, Mud, Qaz, Ethan, Matt. I think my position in the alliance was around the middle. I wasn't very close to Mud or you but I was close to the remaining 4. My relationship with people though was more on an individual level and I tried not to be very loud or controlling in group chats. Big voices and personalities like Mud or Ken got targetted. If you and Ethan had not flipped I think it would've been a lot easier to take out Joey. I think Will probably would've stuck around for awhile without having Joey in the game. I was formulating a plan with David that would take out you, Mud, and Ethan soon and I don't know how smoothly that would've gone had you two not flipped. Dana did the dirty work of taking out Mud and Ethan and you flipping gave the excuse to target you. The biggest obstacle in this whole game was people always feeling a loyalty to Joey or Will and they'd protect them. They were a constant target but would survive every single time. I was like there's no way I can sit with them in the finals; they have to go. So i just kept trying. The original plan was a f3 of me, David and Qaz but I was always worried about something happening that I'd get left behind since Qaz was closer to David than he was to me. I needed to have people that I thought would choose me over David. So then I focused more on making it with David and either Dana or Matt. After Qaz was voted out, I knew these were my two options. David + Qaz, Dana, or Matt was always my endgame. I thought this was such a challenging and tiring season to play, so I would've been happy to make it to the end with anyone on the jury except Ken, Joey, or Will. I felt with everyone else I stood some sort of chance, but they were the three most skilled and liked players.
1935 days 1 hour ago
DavidM7
David and Kara, you two played a very similar game and were very close throughout. It is always risky to go to the final two with someone like this as you risk splitting votes. However, in my first season I made finals with Austyn, who was my best friend at the time. I ended up winning because it was clear to the jury I had made the bigger, better moves between the two of us. That being said, I have a few questions for you both.

Tell me why you deserve it over the other. What differentiates you to make you more worthy of the win?

Why did you take each other knowing that there was a potential that the jury saw you as basically the same player? Did you ever consider cutting each other in order to get all the votes from the people who would vote one of you two?

-

The main thing in my opinion that differentiates me and Kara is Kara is obviously WAY more social while I'm a lot better at thinking through plans and making rational decisions.

Now the reason I deserve it over Kara would be because I felt I better untilized our relationship. I realized pretty quickly that I wasnt everyone's favorite person so I kinda used Kara as someone to keep my social game at least somewhat in tact AND on top of that I knew who she and I were loyal to and I honestly believe I had a better social relationship with the ones inside our group whereas a few (such as Qaz and yourself) had either expressed wanting her out or actually trying to get her out while I was a little bit closer to both of you than her (correct me if I'm wrong on that but that's what I had percieved)

Now why take her when there's a potential people saw us as playing the same?
To be honest this thought really didn't cross my mind cause I think we actually played two very different games. I see it now obviously but in game I didn't think it through. The reson I didn't think about it is cause honestly there came a point when half the cast were HUGE jury threats so I just need to get here with the ones I had a chance against and when I did have a choice I just thought Kara was seen as only social and no strategy whereas you made moves and one move that took out the biggest threat on our own side and being the robot that I am, I feared a good strategy over social game.

Finally did I ever consider cutting her to get the votes?
No.
I honestly thought through thins and I thought you and I had more votws to fight between than Kara and I did. I figured the ones who were voting Kara I didn't have a chance at regardless so I'd rather take her than you who might steal votes from me.

Obviously my reads could be VERY wrong but with thw information i had that's what I figured. So based on what I thought I think I made the right decision.
1935 days 1 hour ago
DavidM7
David - I admire your determination but tbh I despise your personality! I feel throughout the game you came off as slimy and very cocky and it would literally make me feel so happy if you didn’t win! How would you change my perception?

-

I can't change your perception. I played a terrible social game with half the cast and screwed you over so every feeling you have toward me on a personal level is valid. If you don't wanna vote me becauae you just straight up dont like me and thought I was an ass then that's on me for not being more genuine and less cocky.

I came into this game not liking you just based on our short time together on All-Stars and I'm sure that contributed to why you feel this way sonce I had a pre conceived notion about you.

So honestly to answer your question. I dont want to change your perception.
I did play slimy. I was a lottle too cocky at times. I didn't always come across as genuine so if you decide those are resons not to vote me go ahead but I knew that was my perception and made sure I got in closer to the people who didn't see me like that.

I realized after Jabbar left that there was no way I cpuld mend fences and build real bonds with people anymore. I just wasnt good at that. So my idea was to get as close to the people I know liked me and even to the propel I knew tolerated me.

I also used Karas game to get in with people like Dana. Dana said himself that we never really clicked but because Kara was tight we kinda bonded through that over time. And even Will to an extent I was able to at least show him protection by keeping him safe among my allies and even though we weren't together there was SOMETHING there.

Thanks for asking me a question despite feeling gross about me
1935 days 1 hour ago
TotsTrashy
@Dylan

1. If you two had to describe your game with 3 words that began with f, what would they be?

FASTIDIOUS. For much of the game, I payed very close attention to every detail. I was constantly talking to people and making sure I wasn’t on the chopping block each vote. There was never one vote this game I found myself in actual danger. The only time people wrote my name down was Qaz’s throwaway in case of Kelly playing an idol, and Joey/Dylan writing my name down, but I knew that no one else wanted to take Dylan because of a possible immunity streak. Paying attention to the little things really helped me stay in a good position.

FRETFUL. Being called a psychotic cunt or being told to calm down all the time wasn’t by some random chance. I used paranoia to my advantage by making people believe I was constsntly worried about the vote and complaining that I didn’t know what was going on—when I really did. I needed to dumb down my strategic ability somehow, and being the pure villain I am, it was simple and effective to be everyone’s scapegoat.

FLASHY. Being public about a lot of things this game payed off in the end. I was never afraid to play a more open and aggressive game when people knew exactly who I wanted to target, who I wanted to save with idol plays, and making it clear I would draw rocks for certain people. Even though David and Kara are making strong cases with their game so far, I think they lack this public aspect of the game that really separates me. I was never afraid to play a so-called “flip-floppy” game because I knew that the people who also played flashy games would be targeted, and I wouldn’t. It’s a success I was able to pull off only 3 votes against me, especially after everything I’ve done up until this point.

These 3 words might have a negative connotation, but I hope my explanations show how even the best can come from the worst. I was casted as a pure villain for a reason.
1935 days ago
DavidM7
David, I’m probably your biggest fan on this jury, as I was with you the entire game and you were my number 1. I certainly don’t think your game is as bad as some people are making it out to be, and I think you tried to make things happen in this game. I think throughout that you had a lot of decisions that were successful, but also a lot that were unsuccessful. My question for you is what do you think was your most successful move/decision in the game, and your most unsuccessful?

-

As unpopular as it was and as much as it screwed me over in the following tribal, my most success decision had to be voting Julian over mud at the last vote before merge AND keeping it a secret.

So at this point me and you had voted minority a LOT, but we both kept up relations with the other side so in case of this happening we have an in. Both of us specifically wanted to work with mud. Well I kept up some with Dana and Jabbar as well which lead me into the swing position. This is where muds target really began to come out and the second people built him up I knew he had to stay.

The decision was easy because not onky was mud a shield, I just trusted Dylan/Mud/Qaz far more than amyone on the other side. Not to mention Julian staying would have given the ither side whom I (t the time) had very little connection to so all signs pointed to keeping mud.

I then decided not to tell the other side because I knew they likely had two idols and I didn't want them to play one. This is where I first kinda became the slime ball I am. I pretended I was fully on board and even contributes to conversation and seemed like one of the advocates for the move while I told every word of what was happening to the Boring White Guys (name of the Mud, Qaz, Dylan and myself chat 😂)

The reason I'd say this is successful because it's what opened the door for me to build trust on my side. I clearly wasnt coming across well to some people already and I knew Joey and I had a rough history so by putting my head on the line I showed Dylan and Mud and Qaz and everyone else who eventually sided with us that I really was loyal and that lead to me being very well positioned within our alliance.

LEAST SUCCESSFUL

I would have to say the vote Tashi left actually. I had BIG plans and really worked my ass off setting up to make a move against Mud and Dylan. I mean you and I talked pretty in depth about exactly what we wanted to happen and even make stides to get that in place but it all depended on Joey leaving.

Dylan made one of the best moves of the game by flipping here because had Joey left I think we had a set group between me, Matt, Qaz, Kara, Will and Dana who would have voted together against mud or Dylan. Joey not leaving stalled all plans and everything was put on freeze for the time being. Obviously mud ended up leaving anyway but I wasn't able to be apart of it like I planned and Dylan had repositioned himself so I couldn't get him out as easily either. That vote really shook up my game and cause for some major reevaluation.
1935 days ago
DavidM7
Question for David/Dana, if you two had to describe your game with 3 words that began with f, what would they be?

-

I know this is a joke question but I love it 😂

I wpuld say Fun, fantastic and fake.

Not gonna go too in depth because I really dont think this is something i can justify without sounding like a corny 90s sit com lmao

Obviously fun because I really enjoyed being able to play on an all-star season. Been awhile since I've down that and the competition on these is always way stronger than normal seasons. Not to mention I have an addiction to confessionals and use them as therapy sessions. I legit sent full pages 3 or 4 times per tribal lmao.

Fantastic because even though I fucked up a whole lot, I'm still very proud of the game I played. There's certainly stuff I could have done better but I played hard and I got here. I think this game rivals my Maui performance even if I lose because I had such a better awareness this time around and I really was able to think through situations.

Fake because well. I was fake.
This one isnt a positive but its such a big part of my game that it would be a disservice to leave it out. I think anyone looking back on my game really notices how well thought through everything i did was, how well positioned I was for most the game and how fake I came across to some players. Its not something I'm proud of but I'm always one to improve and you can't improve by ifnoring your flaws
1935 days ago
DavidM7
================================
                         IMPOTANT
================================

I have a basketball eggame tomorrow so I'll be on around 3 for a little bit then some again at like 6 for a little bit.

I have a game at 4:30 then a little later at like 7 ish so in between there will be my last chance to answer. Sorry for my shit availablity. Basketball is very time consuming.
1934 days 23 hours ago
TotsTrashy
I'll be online again tonight if anyone has any more questions

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!