This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [Madagascar]

Topic » Final Tribal Council..

1935 days 13 hours ago
TotsTrashy
@LeQuisha

1. You are deemed as playing both sides but to me that just SCREAMS flip-flopper! I wanna know who you were exclusively loyal to, if you had to pick one or two people who were the ones you were never gonna flip from and why?

I guess the first thing I want to say is that “playing both sides” is being misconstrued with covering my bases. Kara/Qaz and Will had a lot of pull on the two “sides” that formed after the Tashi vote, and because of my relationships I had developed with them, they constsntly put my paranoia in check that they were doing what they could to get the target off my back. It wasn’t meant to be seen as a flip-flopper type situation, but instead a way to extend my safety.

As far as picking loyalties, this is a difficult question considering I’m now finding out that my Masoala alliance wasn’t really as loyal as I was to them. In light of this, I’d say the easiest answer would be Joey and Will. Coming into this game, I knew them really well before the season and we were friends, so I wanted to ride it out with them + Ken who was a part of the group I formed night 1. The only reason that loyalty was tested was because I wanted to do what I wanted at the final 9 by voting Ethan and not giving in to the Joey/Qaz feud since I thought I needed them both later on. Had that tribal turned out differently and I saved my idol, I think the 3 of us had great chances of sticking it through.
1935 days 13 hours ago
TotsTrashy
@Matt

1. Explain to me something YOU did post-merge that increased your chances of getting here, other than winning immunity.

I guess it’s news to me that winning the final immunity was crucial because I had no clue Kara and David were possibly going to throw me under, but the other immunities I won this season weren’t just by chance or of luck.

The biggest thing that I think saved my ass was sending in my vote against Ethan and playing my idol on Qaz. I remember that round you told me that Ethan was asking you “where I stood” on the Joey/Qaz vote, and that was an early sign to me that we weren’t as close as I had thought. You had also let slip that you, him, and Kara had some pure heroes thing going on (maybe I read this wrong, but it looked that way), on top of Ethan being tight with Dylan, Joey, and Will. It was easy for me to see that I was near the bottom of Ethan’s social game because we had only spoken superficially up until the point he was voted out. Getting him out forced you and Kara to rethink their position (which helped me get closer to Kara and I guess you since we had a mutual connection in Will), it forced Dylan and Joey to become the new public enemies (which helped me keep the target off my back), and it gave Qaz the final proof that I was on his side. That way I had his vote/BV on my side, since it was starting to become clear you were flipping as tribal went on. Will was too comfortable not messaging me a ton like he did the round before that.

Some people might say this was just lucky, but you have to take into consideration that there is a lot of luck in Survivor that affects gameplay and you can’t really hold it against anyone. I got lucky Joey had another idol because I was able to vote out Ethan like I wanted to, which is the one of the most important things I did post-merge to get me here. David got lucky that someone in our voting plan randomly voted for Kara at the merge instead of him, and Kara got lucky that we had the BV twist, or otherwise she would of gone out over Joey. The list is indefinite of the amount of times we all got lucky, but sometimes you have to look past it and see how I adapted with the inevitable aspect of luck in this game.
1935 days 12 hours ago
k4r4k
GOOD MORNING!

@Ken
1) What was the hierarchy, in your opinion, of this alliance (Dana, David, Kara, and any other people who went to jury or didn't make it that far)? Who in that group would be your ideal final 3, and why?

For me I believe the hierarchy of the Masoala alliance to be David>Me>Qaz>Dana. As it's been mentioned David and I are great friends and have been for years. Of the other two he was closer to Qaz and I was closer to Dana. I'm placing David on top because he had the most background and relationships with all of us going into this game and alliance. I didn't know Qaz and I only remembered Dana from regular tengaged games years ago. I joined up with Qaz because I knew I could trust him and he was a constant target of the other side. I had a closer relationship to Dana than to Qaz but place him on the bottom because we all knew at the beggining of merge he was not actually voting with us and it always made me a bit weary of him. He would act like he voted the same and I would just play dumb to maintain our working relationship and friendship. Things did shift when he idoled Qaz and I think at that point it was clear Dana was going to remain loyal for as long as possible. But another reason I put Qaz above Dana is because I don't feel at any point Qaz would've used an idol on Dana. Dana had something to prove with that move and it was that he would be a valuable ally to us and not flip back to the other side. I would've always gotten rid of Qaz before Dana (sorry Qaz) because I knew he was closer to David and I'd have more of a chance moving forward with the friendship I'd built with Dana. It was always my plan to go far with villains :p

2) You three are the last representatives of each of your original tribes, what common bond did you find across these divided tribes?

I think it started out on Masoala. We all realized we could benefit from each other and brought something different to the table. We were a bit of a dysfunctional family that didn't always have the same ideas but knew we had each other's backs. David and I of course were already friends and would have never gone against each other in this game. It's always nice having at least one person you can fully trust and bounce ideas off of without fear. Dana and I had good vibes from a few days into the game. Once I knew he was ready to vote Kelly I knew this was someone that would do whatever to further his game and I knew a player like that was someone I wanted to keep close. I feel like the three of us had different game plays and game styles but knew our friendship and alliance was necessary to get us to this point. Even when I knew Dana wasn't voting the same as I was, I knew he wasn't voting for me and I just put trust into that. I would've had a hard time voting for people like Tashi or Ethan, but with him on my side I never even had to worry about it. Playing with the two of them was the most worry-free relationships I had and I think they feel the same. That feeling of security helped bond and propel us to this point.
1935 days 12 hours ago
k4r4k
@Ken

3) It seems like Richard would've potentially been in danger if he wasn't good in challenges. Would you agree with that? Or was Matt your choice to leave regardless?

Yes I completely agree with that. I knew going into the final that David wanted Matt in the f3 over Dana. For me the decision was a little tougher because I feel I had great relationships with both Dana and Matt and was hoping I would not have to make the decision between the two in the end. Dana was definitely in danger had he not won the last immunity. In the end I would've made the decision to vote out Dana and keep Matt. It would've probably made Dana hate me and I hate the thought of that, but in the end even though Matt is another pure hero I think I would've had an easier time of getting votes here at the end. I don't mean it as an insult to Matt, I just would've taken what I felt to believe as my best shot at winning and that would've been to be with David and Matt at final tribal council. In my mind I argued it both ways all day yesterday ...but I feel had I also been in the position to decide who was making final 3 between Matt or Dana that I would have more respect from the jury overall. And had I been in that position I think the jury maybe would've appreciated me voting out Dana. I could be totally wrong though.
1935 days 11 hours ago
k4r4k
@Will

Kara - What, in your opinion, is the single most important relationship you built this game, and how did it help you get to the final 3?

I think the single most important relationship I built was the one I have with Dana. Not that my relationships with other people weren't genuine, but this genuine friendship kinda took me by surprise since we were coming from polar opposites of the hero/villain spectrum. The two of us even said from the beginning that our friendship was perfect because it's so unlikely. The trust wasn't 100% at least from me but there was enough trust built up over time that I knew that even if he was doing something else crazy I didn't know about like taking out Ethan that I would still be in the game and I would still be okay. Besides the fact Dana literally picked me to take to the f3, my relationship with him helped get me here because we kinda had different circles of friends. Originally he was part of the Will/Ken/Joey/(Dylan) ring while I just maintained a surface level friendship with them. And I had the fabulous Loyal Royals/Kool Kids Klub/Bob Dole group :p We balanced each other out in that our other relationships outside of Masoala would have us knowing what was going on amongst others left in the game. Like Dana said in one of his comments, this is a friendship that I hope continues on past this game. Despite his villain title, he was never a villain toward me.
1935 days 11 hours ago
k4r4k
@Joseph

would you ever have voted with me post-merge if i had put in the effort to make it happen, or were you dead set on getting me out at all times?

For the answer to even maybe be a yes to this, alliances would have had to have been drawn differently. I adored you as a player and a person but I knew that you would never put me before people like Will or Ethan or Matt. If you didn't notice, you were the sole person on the other side that I maintained a relationship with. We normally didn't even talk game at all but instead talked about how I would style you, bond over our distate for ranch, or share our personal struggles from real life. Of course game talk did come up from time to time and I was hoping that via my friendship with you that you would look out for me in some sort of way if you could. Because I only knew you from the past and hadn't had this wonderful relationship already established coming into the game, I felt no real loyalty to you. It was obvious we voted on different sides and that I voted for you several times. Had you put the effort in I would've felt like a monster for voting you out, but I would've voted you out nonetheless because everything I said to you about your gameplay is true.... I felt you could've gone on an immunity run to the end...I felt you would've 100000% won this game if you made it to the end...You're definitely player of the season in my eyes. This is how I felt and still feel. I don't think you would've ever taken me to the end and I never would've expected you to. Hopefully you understand that I would've been a fool to not be dead set on getting you out. It's the biggest compliment I can pay someone.
1935 days 11 hours ago
LusciousLips5
Kara are you just not answering my question... wow what a social queen
1935 days 11 hours ago
k4r4k
I'm answering them in order....
1935 days 11 hours ago
LusciousLips5
Cool ty
1935 days 11 hours ago
DBWs
Kara I want to hear your REAL opinion on Bob Dole
1935 days 10 hours ago
k4r4k
@LQ

Kara - everyone is saying how you played a great social game but you spoke to me like... once and when you did you lied so I don’t see it? Also Kara to me you were invisible but everyone is defending that you were having a tough time irl but I’m not about to give you a sympathy vote.. so i wanna know what moves you made that were actually influential to the game progression?

Yeah I didn't have a social game with you. I fully intended on taking you out sooner than later in this game because of your association with other people that I knew I didn't get along with and couldn't work with. I'm not one to be fake, so if i didn't talk to someone there was reason for it. The times we spoke were when you'd come to me and be like "hey babe where are you thinking of going with your vote" (direct quote btw). It seemed phony to me so I just tried to be nice and give you answers you wanted to hear. You expressed that you weren't going to vote for me because I'd "done nothing to you at all"...yet I had screen shots of you saying you wanted me gone. Because our little interractions seemed so disengenuous, I did not invest time in trying to have in depth conversations or reveal any of my real game play to you. Yes, I did lie to you and said I wouldn't vote you either. Because as a social player, that's what one should do if they are going to try to fight their way out of being targeted. Sometimes lies are necessary in the game and you and I both know that we did not have a relationship on a game or personal level. From my point of view you were lying to me, so I gave that right back.

I agree, to you I was probably invisible. We didn't talk but twice when you messaged me. I knew you weren't someone I could work with and you probably felt the same about me. I'd just rather not waste the energy because I WAS dealing with a lot during my christmas "break" from work. You definitely don't need to give me a sympathy vote and no one should. This game is hard to play for ANYONE but playing it in the conditions I did DID make it difficult for me. I think the timing of me playing in this series always tends to fall when other responsibilities come up and that's what drove me to quit the last time I played this game in May 2017. Of course I'd love your vote to win but I don't want it to be for sympathy. These answers for you may rub you some sort of way but you seem like a person that would like me to just tell you like it is, so that's what I'm doing.

One of my biggest moves is one I actually didn't have to make...meaning that I've had an idol in my pocket since day 1 and never had to use it. There was much discussion amongst others about me having an idol and that they wanted to draw it out later in the game. People approached David, who clearly was my closest ally, and told him I'm the vote and tried to get him to vote me too. This was the 21st tribal council in which Qaz went home and I received no votes. I knew that the other side was just using David to leak to me so I would waste my idol, so I didn't play it. I knew that there was no point in me playing it and if i had there would be no chance for me to win the game if I was being outplayed and outsmarted by Dylan/Will/Joey. Next vote comes around and I know I'm getting votes. I even know that Matt is going to tie so he can stay in the other side's good graces as a double agent. Here again I know they are trying to draw out this stupid idol but there's no point in me playing it unless Joey plays one. I knew Matt would vote out Joey in a tie. So sure, it got me votes but I was able to hold onto an idol all game, never needing to play it and I think thats huge. I won only one immunity at f5 which meant I didn't even need the idol to make it to f4 but it guarenteed I couldn't be nullified which was great. I think it's a testament to my social game that I could play amongst a cast of 28 people and never need to play my idol and to know when I'm actually getting votes so I can hold onto it for a rainier day.

I didn't have any grand moves that I can wrap up with a ribbon and say LOOK WHAT I DID because i didn't play this game flashy. I'm happy that I never had to vote out an ally until the end when I had to vote Matt. I never voted Tashi, Mud, Ethan, or Qaz. I think I appropriately aligned myself with the right people that the people that needed to go went, but not at my hand. I was always protected by my allies and by the cute little idol I held onto all game. I was able to stay out of the cross fire by knowing the dynamics of other peoples relationships. Who would protect who, who would target who. And perception really added to the game. Even if David and I failed, we at least feigned that we weren't as close as we were. Or the fact people thought I was close to Mud for a good chunk of the game, which really wasn't true. He was part of a big alliance I had at merge but he and I weren't all that close. I knew he was a target of Will/Joey so I picked the side he was on not really caring when it was he left but I would try to get Will/Joey out of the game with him since we shared that common goal. 

My two main targets in this game were Ken and Joey. Although I was not successful in my first attempts with either, I never gave up pushing for them to go. Mud had a strong connection to Ken and Tashi and I felt it was monumental to actually get him and the entire Bob Dole alliance to vote Ken. Not everyone needed convincing but I knew it needed to be done and it needed to be done then and no later. I liked Ken and Joey but knew they were my biggest competition in this and that neither would get me to the end. I didn't do it by myself but I was successful in taking them both out.
1935 days 10 hours ago
k4r4k
taking a break and getting back to actual work lol :s

i will answer Matt's and Dylan's questions probably after lunch!
1935 days 9 hours ago
Qazwdxedc
Hey everyone, super proud of you all getting to the end, but now I have to make a tough decision, because I worked with all of you and think there are reasons to vote all of you.

Kara, I think you’re a great social player and that throughout the game, basically everyone liked you. You certainly weren’t a flashy player, but I’m not sure you needed to be. I think you had no reason to flip or go against your alliance and I respect the way you played. My question for you is, what do you think you did solely yourself in this game? It could be a move, decision, or whatever. I’m just trying to see what you did yourself this game as often things were decided collectively in our alliance and I didn’t work with you too heavily before Masoala.

David, I’m probably your biggest fan on this jury, as I was with you the entire game and you were my number 1. I certainly don’t think your game is as bad as some people are making it out to be, and I think you tried to make things happen in this game. I think throughout that you had a lot of decisions that were successful, but also a lot that were unsuccessful. My question for you is what do you think was your most successful move/decision in the game, and your most unsuccessful?

Dana, coming into the game I wasn’t a fan of you and we obviously had beef from cmacks when there was the whole Pilates spectacle. On Masoala we mended things and eventually I think we became a dangerous pair in this game that had the potential to make things happen. I think you’re the best strategic player in this final 3 and I did not mind your flip flopping as it served you well and never made you a target. My question for you is was that your strategy coming into the merge or did you flow into the position without expectation?

I have a fairly good idea of where I want to vote, but my answers to these questions will determine this too. Thanks and good luck guys.
1935 days 9 hours ago
DBWs
So I got a question for both David/Kara. The jury sees you two as not making many moves, definitely not to the degree Dana was able to pull off, however I do think there is a lot to be said that you never HAD to do those moves. That being said, I want to know where you think your position was in the Bobs Dole/KKK alliance, and had Ethan/I not flipped, where do you think your end game would have taken you? That is, did you plan where your endgame would take you and if not, how would you have wanted it to shake out?
1935 days 7 hours ago
Kelly0412
jsyk a vote for tots to win is a vote against you in every game we play in the future so be warned jurors
but honestly all 3 suck vote david i guess since kara is low key kind of a man

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!