This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Final Tribal Council [San Marino]

Topic » Final Tribal Council [San..

2113 days 7 hours ago
_JB_
Why did you guys stick with the tribal lines so fucking closely. At times fornme it seemed so stupid for you two and other players stick to thier sides of the game. Even I voted out Patrick because I wanted it to be better for my game. I think you both could have still been sitting here had you not stuck with your original tribal lines. Because since you didnstick woth those JJ’s original tribe in my opinion your guys games are fairly similar.

I stuck with my tribe because those were the people I knew I could trust 100%. However, there were times where I inconvenienced my tribemates' games to improve my own.

Persuading Noah to send me to Exile at the Final 8 was a total 'me' move. It put Christian and Noah at a disadvantage without voting them out. And voting out KC and keeping you at Final 4 was also a move that improved my game and hurt Christian's game even though I did not tank it.

I was never going to write down my tribemate's name on the ballot because I knew they would never write down mine, but I also found ways to put my game forward while hurting some of theirs. So I stuck to tribal lines, but maybe not as much as you might have thought.
2113 days 7 hours ago
IceBeast
Congrats to the both of you!

My only question to both of you is why should I vote for you over the other player? This can be personal or strategic
2113 days 4 hours ago
_JB_
My only question to both of you is why should I vote for you over the other player? This can be personal or strategic

Our games were similar in that we each had our core and we ventured outside of our core to align ourselves with other people.

However, where I think my game is ahead of Christian's is my social game was stronger than his. I made sure to speak to every juror, he cannot say he did that. He was strong at finding ways to save himself whether it was the necklace or the idol, but I was too. I was able to save myself because of the people behind me. My bases were covered every vote whether it was the Legacy or an idol or people having my back. Yes, Christian's zero votes were impressive, but I only had one vote against me not negated, and that was at the Final 4. Where Christian shines, I'm not too far behind in those categories, with the exception of challenge wins.

I'm not saying Christian's game was super reliant on his immunity wins, but his game was more reliant on immunities than mine, which I believe is inferior to the game more reliant on bonds and bloodlines that I played.
2113 days 3 hours ago
Christian_
Why did you guys stick with the tribal lines so fucking closely. At times fornme it seemed so stupid for you two and other players stick to thier sides of the game. Even I voted out Patrick because I wanted it to be better for my game. I think you both could have still been sitting here had you not stuck with your original tribal lines. Because since you didnstick woth those JJ’s original tribe in my opinion your guys games are fairly similar.

I think a majority of it for me at least was that there was never really a moment where voting out one of them would've benefited my game more than hurt it. I knew at some point I would probably have to vote Noah out if it came down to it due to him being JB's literal brother, but the way the game played out going against a bloodline only would've hampered my game instead of helping it.

However, I would like to note that the day of Logan's vote-off was me going as much against my bloodline as I could. I had to directly push for the James vote to my team, knowing that the idol was being played on him and having to trust in my relationship with Will and KC that they really were idoling out Logan and not one of my own teammates instead. Not JB, nor Jake or Noah knew what I was really doing that round, and I felt that round epitomized being able to play against what your team wanted while still not putting them nor myself in a worse spot by doing so.

Hope that clarifies things for ya Tashi!
2113 days 3 hours ago
WillTraitor
Alright.

So I'm finally here to talk to you guys even though I believe the true deserving winner of this season got 3rd. But that's not the point.

My question:

Why were your social games so terrible. Because honestly, I hate voting for a winner that dosen't even talk to me or try to talk to me. I would have much rather voted for Tashi, Will I, or even K.C over you two since maybe combined you guys sent me a total of 25 messages.

This may be your strategy or your game plan when you play group games like this but it's ugly and gross.

So, looking back on your social game with the people who weren't in your alliance, in one word. Yes or No. Would you change the way you treated people who weren't directly working with you? I don't want an explanation or anything of the sort.

I just want one word. Go over the one word and congrats the other person gets my vote.

Thanks and good luck to the both of you!
2113 days 3 hours ago
Christian_

Ima TRYHARD so I'll go ahead and answer both aspects of your q

Strategic: I think I simply played a far more well rounded strategic game than JB, and I don't think JB quite understood how damaging his social game really was to be honest. Yes, he may have been talking more to other people than myself, but there were numerous times where everything he would tell the other side would just get leaked straight back to y'all, and he kept doing it again and again despite me telling him what was going on. If I wasn't there helping mediate things, y'all probably lose trust in every single person from our side. So while yes, JB talked more, I think he caused more damage than good when he did. When I talked, I made things happen.

I also think it's sort of a weird point to say how I needed to rely on immunity more than him, yet he needed the Exile (essentially an immunity), as well as needing it the round Jake went home.

FINALLY, the Final 4 Tribal has been bugging me for a while so I'm going to bring that up too, sry for using your question as the springboard.

So essentially, I still can't fathom how JB thought the Final 4 by keeping Tashi and getting rid of KC was a good move in anyway. KC wanted to leave, and no offense, but was someone we could very easily beat in the FIC. Tashi was neither of those things. JB is equating being guaranteed a spot at FTC as a good thing, yet he literally gets streamrolled in one of those scenarios, while the one with KC winning FIC and bringing me doesn't happen if we replay this season 1000 times.

It felt to me that JB was trying to play safe in that moment, rather than playing to win. The time I cut him was 2 years ago when we didn't know each other at all. This was a completely different scenario, and the fact he didn't have enough trust in me to bring him to have to do such a god awful move still upsets me. I have no idea why that is being portrayed as something that helped his game, when it nearly gave him a 50/50 chance at having zero shot at winning this game.

Personal: I think you were probably one of the two people, you and KC, who I talked to more than anyone else this entire game, and that's including the bloodlines on my team. The rounds where we got to pull stuff off together were some of my favorite in the game, and besides RSF obv, was my favorite group game to get to play with you. And + you didn't vote me in Canary Islands so this could be a great chance to finally get to write down that disyllabic name you know you love so much ;)
2113 days 3 hours ago
Christian_
So, looking back on your social game with the people who weren't in your alliance, in one word. Yes or No. Would you change the way you treated people who weren't directly working with you? I don't want an explanation or anything of the sort.

Yes
2113 days 2 hours ago
_JB_

Yes
2113 days 1 hour ago
jakehou97
Hey fellas!

Congratulations to you both. I’m so excited one of us is gonna win! That was our plan from day 1.

Anyways, a couple of general questions for both of you.

If you had to change one decision you made in this game what would it be?

What was the toughest part of this game, for y’all?

Also, what happened with my boot? Why was it me that was targeted instead of one of y’all? Also apparently I was a big threat to win...although I’m not sure how true this was.

(Ps I’m sorry if these were already answered, I’m on vacation and have horrible service/WiFi so hopefully this message will go through)
2113 days ago
Christian_

I answered this with Patrick's question so I hope you don't mind if I copy/paste it here since it'd be essentially the same response

"I’m not sure how it directly would effect the game tbh but I’d definitely go back and play my idol on Jake when he went home, especially seeing how I ended up not needing it. That was definitely a round where I played sloppily, and that cost me one of my closer allies on the team since I knew Noah would always choose JB over myself due to their relationship.

But yeah, not sure how that changes the game since there would be 4 of us still in at the auction but without trying to butterfly effect things, that would be the one thing I’d go back and redo"

The toughest part of this game for me was Will's vote. He was the Asian princess, tied down to the railroad tracks with the train coming. I know I should've tried derailing the train and I definitely could've by using my idol on him. But I just couldn't throw away my chances of winning like that. Having to watch your friend go home because of you sucks, especially with all that Will did for me this season, and was definitely the toughest pill for me to swallow in this game.

Runner-up would probably be your vote but that was more of bad game-play on my part than going out of my way to make sure Will left, which is why it was the toughest for me personally.

Also, what happened with my boot? Why was it me that was targeted instead of one of y’all? Also apparently I was a big threat to win...although I’m not sure how true this was.

From my perspective, the WW's had been continuously leaked plans of JB saying he wanted to go after them this vote, and with our numbers definitely going to be 50% of the remaining players, WW's felt that it was too big of a risk keeping us all in the game. JB had immunity, I had their trust from the Logan vote, so I assume that left you as the biggest threat from our side which is why they chose to send you home :/
2113 days ago
_JB_

I think the one decision I would change is not asking Christian for the idol on Day 15. I think I could have worked around that better and it would have made Christian more of a threat later on.

The toughest part of the game for me was wrestling between wanting to do what was best for me versus what was best for my bloodlines. I think I struggled to find that balance, but I think I found the right formula because I am sitting here in the Final 2 with my bloodline. So I was able to do what was best for me and what was best for my team.

According to Mud, you came up as a target for the Will T. vote. Mud/Tashi/Will T. wanted you gone while Will/KC/James wanted me gone. They got to a stalemate and Team Will flipped back to us to vote out Will T. Then, I was immune for the next vote, so Team Will gave in and voted for you.
2113 days ago
_JB_
So essentially, I still can't fathom how JB thought the Final 4 by keeping Tashi and getting rid of KC was a good move in anyway. KC wanted to leave, and no offense, but was someone we could very easily beat in the FIC. Tashi was neither of those things. JB is equating being guaranteed a spot at FTC as a good thing, yet he literally gets streamrolled in one of those scenarios, while the one with KC winning FIC and bringing me doesn't happen if we replay this season 1000 times.

It felt to me that JB was trying to play safe in that moment, rather than playing to win. The time I cut him was 2 years ago when we didn't know each other at all. This was a completely different scenario, and the fact he didn't have enough trust in me to bring him to have to do such a god awful move still upsets me. I have no idea why that is being portrayed as something that helped his game, when it nearly gave him a 50/50 chance at having zero shot at winning this game.

I'm going to counter-argue this point made here by Christian. I knew that KC had a good relationship with Christian and that it was possible that KC was going to Final 2 if Christian had won. I didn't really see a scenario where Christian wasn't winning Final Immunity, so I wanted no shadow of a doubt that he was going to take me by putting Tashi alongside me as the alternate choice.

But there was risk involved with the vote. Tashi and KC could very well have voted for me and sent me home in 4th. The vote could have tied 2-2 between Tashi and KC, and at that moment, I would have flipped back to avoid rocks. This was not me "playing safe" this was me "playing to be safe."

I also think this move helped me mend some small fences with Tashi. We had a miscommunication at Final 7 and I was hoping that me saving her at Final 4 would help smooth things over a little bit.
2113 days ago
Christian_
Still though, I don't understand why you'd needlessly risk everything we had fought for by basing YOUR game on MY ability to win the FIC.

If Tashi had won it like she was very capable of, then I go out and 3rd and you get demolished at the FTC. You say you doubted me but I had already told both KC and you that I was going to vote her out for 3rd had I won. Like I understand taking risks, but this risk just seemed to be something to buffer up your resume and offer no substance to actually helping your game at all.

You say you were playing to be safe which I agree with, but I don't think that playing to be safe is something that should be a good thing, since it's not playing to win because you highly increased your chances of losing by doing so. I love you to death, but I still think it was a pointless risk that ended up just putting all the work I had done to keep us safe (working on WW's to not target you, searching for hours to find the merge/rehidden merge idols so if we lost the Final 5 immunity we'd both be safe) at a chance for being all for naught.

You valued being at FTC over winning at FTC, and I strongly disagree that was at any way good for your game.
2112 days 23 hours ago
_JB_
I believe Tashi had four locked votes going into FTC: Pat, Aaron, Logan, Will T.

I believe I had four votes going into FTC as well: you, Noah, Jake, James (who had told me after he left he was voting for me over Tashi).

This was a fight for the final three votes: Will I, KC, and Mud.

Mud was close to both of us during the game, so I think I have a chance at his vote. As for KC and Will, I think me getting their votes isn't all out of the question. I had good relationships with Will and KC. They certainly weren't votes locked in for Tashi.

Had I believed Tashi would demolish me at FTC like you claim, I would have voted her out at F4.

My game awareness could be WAY OFF, but I think I had a pretty even shot against both of you at the end regardless of who was sitting next to me.
2112 days 23 hours ago
Christian_
If you believe that you can beat Tashi with her story of:

-Being the obvious underdog after her entire tribe was Pagong'd come merge
-Didn't have bad relationships with any of us really
-Was pretty much the cause of the near-collapse/collapse of our alliance with WW

then honestly I think that's akin to Woo thinking he'd be able to beat Tony at the end. No offense, but I just don't agree with your viewpoint on that situation. I'll agree to disagree though.

open group

M&N's Survivor (2016-2020)

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!