This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

MU#1 Final - Casablanca

Topic » MU#1 Final - Casablanca

1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei

Thank you so much for opening up the show Fauozia!

*claps*
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
Welcome to the beautiful city of Casablanca, Morocco!

We're here to witness 17 countries battled it out for the title. Who will be the new generation champion of Music Olympics?

Running order:
1. Sweden
2. Russia
3. Japan
4. Finland
5. Greece
6. Canada
7. UK
8. South Korea
9. North Macedonia
10. Philippines
11. Germany
12. Romania
13. USA
14. Tuvalu
15. Portugal
16. Italy
17. France
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
1. Sweden
Winona Oak - Let Me Know

2. Russia
Yulia Savicheva - Prosti za lyubov' (Sorry for love)

3. Japan
Joji - Gimme Love

4. Finland
NIGHTWISH - Amaranth
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
5. Greece
Marina and the Diamonds - Froot

6. Canada
G.R.L. - Ugly Heart
.be

7. UK
Muse - Dead Inside

8. South Korea
Red Velvet - Psycho
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
9. North Macedonia
Kaliopi - Lokomotiva (Locomotive)

10. Philippines
Side A - Forevermore
.be

11. Germany
Kim Petras - Do Me
.be

12. Romania
Smiley feat. Carbon - Cine-i salveaza pe eroi? (Who saves the heroes?)
>
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
13. USA
Selena Gomez - Boyfriend

14. Tuvalu
Te Vaka - Lakalaka (walking briskly)

15. Portugal
Amor Electro -  Rosa Sangue (Blood Rose)
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
16. Italy
Ariana Grande - God is a Woman

17. France
Christine & The Queens - Tilted
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
You have until May 1st, Saturday 12pm EST to comment and vote.  Voting system will be in Eurovision style, You can copy this template for voting:

12 points:
10 points:
8 points:
7 points:
6 points:
5 points:
4 points:
3 points:
2 points:
1 points:

Good luck!
1460 days 7 hours ago
chris2pei
1. Sweden - The song starts so fast but watching the mv was so romantic and depict LGBTQ. Plus Winona has such a beautiful voice and somehow I enjoyed this.
2. Russia - This kinda gives me old school thing and I'm not impressed, sorry. Would have better if you pick Polina or Sergey. </3
3. Japan - This song can be a hit or miss for me however this is just so catchy. My fav so far but this is 3rd entry yet so I can still change my mind.
4. Finland - Oh gosh, this is my cup of tea! I just can't help banging my head to the beat and would love to listen again and again.
5. Greece - Not a fan of her but I must say this song is pretty good and that distinct voice is mesmerizing.
6. Canada - The intro is so catchy and such a BOP! You will forever be missed Simone <3
7. UK - This is kinda good but dragging for me later on.
8. South Korea - This is completely a BOP and you better slay queens! 
9. North Macedonia - Oh I can't stop dancing on my seat, I just loved the instruments played in this song. This is type of music we need RN. 
10. Philippines - Aw, what a romantic song and I just can't help singing while listening to this. Definitely add this to my playlist.
11. Germany - This is so catchy and hearing Queen Petras music is ICONIC.
12. Romania - A big respect and applause to this song. There's no words needs to explain how I felt watching this. Hope we get through to this crisis.
13. USA - OMG! Another B-O-P! Plus I'm getting addicting to this song which gives me LSS and I'm so entertained in the music video.
14. Tuvalu - This gives diversity in these season and I am enjoying listening this. However that conductor is unnecessary to the scene imo.
15. Portugal - This is kinda interesting and creeps me a bit.
16. Italy - Happy to see Ariana in this edition. I must say this music video has a lot of symbols of goddess which is so amazing.
17. France - YASSSS heard this song again and I can't stop dancing. This is such a BOP.
1460 days 5 hours ago
Tester
1. Sweden - Nice beat. I just can't get much out of the lyrics given she sings so fast.
2. Russia - Not my cup of tea. Just a bit too slow for me. Has a somewhat neat beat at around 1:35.
3. Japan - Nice beat. I'm not really into kpop but this sounds somewhat cool.
4. Finland - I love this song. I know all the lyrics to it as well. The song just makes me want to bop my head and move around constantly.
5. Greece - Pretty unique voice even if I'm not the biggest fan of it. A nice beat.
6. Canada - The intro is the best part of this song. Definitely could be something I might listen to more often.
7. UK - Nice beat. Makes me want to bop my head to it. I like this voice as well. It's a bit repetitive though.
8. South Korea - She's cute ngl. I like this song already even despite the fact that I don't know all of the lyrics to it.
9. North Macedonia - Definitely makes you happy. I like most of the instruments used in it.
10. Philippines - A love song. I just think that the instruments are a bit too quiet for my taste though.
11. Germany - Could see myself potentially listening to this. It's a solid performance.
12. Romania - I like the beat the most. Don't really care about the music video all that much.
13. USA - I haven't actually listened to a lot of Selena Gomez tbh. This song is actually alright.
14. Tuvalu - That conductor is definitely not necessary. I like this beat. Definitely makes you think about beaches and summer lol
15. Portugal - It actually kind of creeps me out. I enjoy the beat though.
16. Italy - To be honest I did not know Ariana Grande had roots in Italy. That's cool. This song is something I could potentially listen to. I like this beat quite a bit.
17. France - The beat makes me want to dance a bit. The beat is the best part of the song for me.
1459 days 3 hours ago
SeaViper
Sweden- This was just..meh for me

Russia- Decent beat- but overall I found this just quite boring

Japan- This was a snoozefest. The last two songs really started to send me to sleep- and hun it's way too early for that!

Finalnd- At first, I thought it was snoozy time, but then IT TRULY STARTED! This is easily the best song yet!!!

Greece- NOPE!

Canada- In my opinion- this was decent, but not particularly memorable for me

UK- I was expecting this to be very diferent...and that isn't exactly a positive. This just wasn't my style I'm afraid

South Korea- This was definetely higher up the pack from what we've heard so far- but it still feels too generic for me- and I honestly think I've heard a song very similar to this before

North Macedonia- I think I know who this is...anyways, I <3 this song

Philippines- This just really isn't a song I enjoyed, sorry :/

Germany- Ok, I think it's clear we know who this is. Decent song, nothing special (Don't eat me)

Romania- This was just fine for me. I don't have anything else to say

USA- Definetely not my favorite Selena Gomez song. For me, it's another fairly boring song

Tuvalu- The best way to describe this is basically: It's what people in the Pacific think people not in the pacific think happens in the pacific. Also, what language is this??? I understood some words and not some others. It sounds like a mix of Samoan-Hawaiian

Portugal- Well this was...interesting...some parts were creepy, some parts sounded great, and other parts sounded like my sister before coffee

Italy- I am asking for another death sentance, but I don't like Ariana Grande- or this song

France- Funky beat, but for me, that's all that stands out for this song
1458 days 10 hours ago
J4ckWilko
Sweden: I really liked the dynamics of this song. I think the meaning behind the song is really really good. I think the changes in beat was really good and i think this is really solid for a first performance of the night.

Russia: Ok many people know i hate those who sing in a different language because it's hard to understand the meaning behind the song and the emotion to come with it. I think if i did understand it, it would make it a good performance but i think you never built to anything and it was just flat lining across the whole song.

Japan: I really liked the sound of this. I think the beat really complemented your voice however i was listening more for the beat, not your voice which isn't good. I think one thing that is good is that it's catchy and i have to give you that.

Finland: I was really unsure about this when you started since i thought it was just going to be full out heavy metal but then you gave me something to enjoy and i think the only thing i could say is that, you need to calm your notes sometimes because there is no breaks in note which i like to see.

Greece: I don't think this was the best song choice honestly it was just ugh for me. I think your pitch was off and i just didn't like it. I think you wanted us to dance with you but i didn't want to because i didn't feel it.

Canada: I am sorry to say, BUT I LOVE THIS SONG. However in this i do not feel that you will be liked by all because it's not a memorable song and i think that to like it you have to listen to the song a couple of times which you don't get here.

UK: Seriously, whoever picked this, just go away. This is no way the best from the UK. NO WAY. I am sorry but i hated this performance.

South Korea: I was seriously not expecting this. It was good but it was forgettable unfortunately. Maybe because your voices had no definition to them unfortunately.

North macedonia: YES!!!!! I love this song. I don't know what you saying but this is such a BOP.

Phillippines: I was seriously not expecting this. This was deeply emotional and honestly i am really impressed. The emotion was PHENOMINAL.

Germany: *Looks* Sorry but this was kinda predictable. I think if i used this country i wouldn't have used you because honestly i don't think this song is special.

Romania: I needed this to have more energy i feel because honestly the beat was slow but the lyrics was too fast to understand and the video that came with i didn't get at all.

USA: This is defo not your best performance/song. I think that this song was also predictable and VERY REPETITIVE. I am sorry to say but i didn't like it.

Tuvalu: I remember you being in the last season of last generation and i really liked it. However, since you have used the EXACT SAME SONG, i think it doesn't bring the same effect that it did before.

Portugal: I really like this performance because i feel its VERY unique and i don't think we have saw something like this and i really enjoyed it.

Italy: Sorry but i am a fan. This was gorgeous and honestly this is one of your best songs and the fact that the song title has such a direct statement is really nice. I think the differences in speed was really good. THIS WAS A BOP

France: This is a really good and i think that its kinda unique with the video that comes with it also. I liked this song because i felt that i understood you even though your accent makes it hard to understand sometimes
1458 days 8 hours ago
LornaHollas
Sweden: I really like her voice. The whole song was great!

Russia: Quite a nice ballad but it felt a bit one note and didn't really lead to a climax

Japan: It's got a dreamy sound to it but it didn't leave much of an impact on me

Finland: This certainly goes off! I love this!

Greece: I have been obsessed with this since it came out! It's so catchy!

Canada: Haven't heard this in years! It's still a bop tbh

UK: Quite a creepy sounding song but I like that

South Korea: Heard this before, not my cup of tea I'm afraid

North Macedonia: This is such a big ball of energy!

Phillipines: It was a bit boring

Germany: She keeps delivering bops! I love this!

Romania: Beat drop was rather annoying

USA: Her music is always hit or miss for me. This was a miss, it feels lazy

Tuvalu: This just feels fun

Portugal: Her voice doesn't seem like it fit the instrumental but I kind of liked the odd mix

Italy: I hate that beaver lol. This song is such a bop though

France: She is someone I think I should like more tbh. This was alright
1458 days 6 hours ago
hazbez94
1. Sweden: I liked the song and you have a really nice tone to your voice, however, in my opinion the build-up just came too fast between the verses and the choruses the song just felt very rushed.
2. Russia: It was just very melancholic for me. I did not enjoy it at all I am afraid.
3. Japan: The song has a really good beat and it is easy to follow, it’s repetitive but in a fun way and I love your voice, you give me a really early 2000’s vibe whilst mixing in a new flavour with your melodies.
4. Finland: It was really nice to hear a song that isn’t stereotypical pop, I loved your voices and your harmonies. Was it my favourite, sadly not, but I think the song itself is really impressive especially the instrumental moments.
5. Greece: I am in love with your voice, I think it is extremely unique in tone and range. The song was average, but I think you being so unique really pulled it together.
6. Canada: LOVE! I am really sorry guys, but this is such a great song and really takes me back. I love the band and the group and your overall fun-loving attitudes.
7. UK: A really unique sound and generally impressive song. The band itself are super-impressive and I truly feel you stand out in this competition, you have longevity which I think is really important when making music as you work super-well together.
8. South Korea: I am sorry, again you can hate me, I am really just not a fan of K-Pop and this song was kind of average in my opinion. I know other’s will really like it and you are far from the worst. But for me it was still a bit average.
9. North Macedonia: It is a very fun-loving song, I enjoyed it.
10. Philippines: Very nice! I loved your voice and the emotion you have throughout the song. It was very sentimental and nice to hear.
11. Germany: Another general pop song, not bad, not good, just somewhere in the middle really.
12. Romania: I liked the song and the meaning behind it was extremely interesting. Do I think your voice is the best… sadly not, but do I think this was stellar musical submission, absolutely!
13. USA: I am in love with your voice and the tone that you possess. I grew up with your music and having seen you from Disney to now you have grown so far. This isn’t my favourite song by you but it is still really good.
14. Tuvalu: You’re bringing that South Pacific flavour and I AM HERE FOR IT! I loved this song, it was really fun and interesting to listen to.
15. Portugal: I did not find this entertaining… it didn’t really go anywhere and wasn’t engaging.
16. Italy: By far the best vocally, it was very predictable though, it’s a pretty girl half-naked talking about female empowerment… important but very predictable and it would be nice to have seen something different that hasn’t been given by other countries.
17. France: Unusual, but a really good song and different beat, it combines a lot of elements and the message is super important.
1458 days ago
PennyTrationStan
1. undoubtedly a masterpiece. it's so pretty, so romantic and so emotional. i've never been too fond of winona's other discography but this is stellar. a great track all around <33
2. i mean, i guess her vocals are lowkey serving. i'm always here for a power ballad, but i'm iffy on this one. just started dragging @ a certain point.
3. i can appreciate the experimentalism (sp?) of it all, but this isn't my cup of tea. nice effort, just not my thing whatsoever.
4. LOOOOL YES, serve! finland rock really is that bitch huh? yeah, i really enjoyed this!
5. objectively the best song marina has ever done, fight me on this, i don't care. it's kind of sad to listen to this in a retrospective stance and see how good she was in the past -- love+fear is SHIT. anyways, i actually have grown to really love this song <3
6. QUEENS!!! god i stanned this so hard back in the day. i even streamed their pitbull song because i wanted to see them succeed. this song def defined my whole 2013 and i have a really strong connection to it LOOOL, great pick. rest in peace simone </33
7. oh, this is ace. i'm not usually a defender of the straight community, but this is a dirty filthy rock BOP, even if it drags a little, like, this did not have to go throughout the whole 4:32 run but i still like it. i actually knew this song beforehand LOOOL where are these random songs i know coming from i dont know, but keep them coming!
8. definetly not the best kpop you couldve submitted, but i support it nonetheless. basic TUN style bop, i dig it i guess. i really wish it was zimzalabim instead LMFAO
9. i've never liked this song, sue me.
10. this makes me feel like im stuck @ a very sentimental straight people wedding. i don't have the time for this. :/
11. LMFAO such a cheap win entry, but there's a reason for it. i mean, it's really fucking good, prolly top 5 in kim's whole discography really. an absolute BANGER and i love it wholeheartedly. might get my [REDACTED], who knows!
12. to be really honest, i didn't care much for the song as a whole but i really appreciate the message.
13. bye. if you were gonna submit a selena song, you could've submitted a GOOD one.
14. LMFAO YES, i actually really like this??? do the damn thing sis.
15. as someone who lives in portugal, i SQUEALED when i saw this. i actually really like this song! personally i think "a máquina" is a better song but i like this regardless. pretty good choice :D
16. i actually like this song a lot, but still... why this one? ariana has made a hundred better songs that would get my instant 12. it's good, i guess.
17. never really cared for christine and the queens, don't care for them here either. soz.
1456 days 22 hours ago
turkeylover
1. Sweden - She ate this the fuck up. She screamed “gay rights” this is really good.
2. Russia - why is the 40 minutes long? It’s boring as hell.
3. Japan - ….This is repetitive and boring. Which is a disgusting combo. 
4. Finland - This is cute, I guess. I’m not that big of a fan of rock so yeah. It’s def not the worst thing ever.
5. Greece - to be fair, you have to have a very high iq to understand froot. the song is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the melodies will go over a typical listener's head. there's also marina's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation - her personal philosophy draws heavily from narodnaya volya literature, for instance. the fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this song, to realise that they're not just funny - they say something deep about life. as a consequence people who dislike froot truly are idiots - of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in marina's existential catchphrase, "living la dolce vita" which itself is a cryptic reference to turgenev's russian epic fathers and sons. i'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as marina's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. what fools.. how i pity them. and yes, by the way, i do have a marina tattoo. and no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 iq points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
6. Canada -PERFECTION.
7. UK - Look at Finland’s comment.
8. South Korea - Oh this is actually really good! It’s a serve!
9. North Macedonia - I dislike this, like, a lot. It’s so ugly and annoying. Delete it fat.
10. Philippines -
11. Germany - POP PRINCESS.
12. Romania - yawn. Like, i actually yawned during this.
13. USA - Imagine picking USA and sending a fucking SELENA GOMEZ song. Not even one of her, like, 3 good songs. The LACK OF TASTE is ABSOLUTELY GROSS. You should be ASHAMED of yourself for sending a TALENTLESS ARTIST. ESPECIALLY WITH A COUNTRY THAT HAS AMAZING SONGS. 
14. Tuvalu - this is actually cute! I think it’s like fun and it reminds me of that once scene from finding nemo!
15. Portugal - I don’t really care about this. It’s boring.
16. Italy - She has better songs but this is still good!
17. France - This is very eh. The dancing was offensive.

open group

Music Olympics - The New Generation

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!