This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 8: Results Show

Topic » Round 8: Results Show

399 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Which leaves Turcia, Kemi, and Juniper. Two of you will be receiving your black jackets, while the other will meet the other two in the Secret Ingredient round.
399 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 1st we have... Kemi with What Now by Rihanna
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- *1/5*

Krystal- šŸŽ¶šŸ™ƒ*2/5*

Jaxon- *4/5*

Deme- šŸ„ŗ *1/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2. This ranked you first in part two, THIRD overall in round eight, and are the third person to receive their black jacket.
399 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
In 2nd we have... Turcia with Youā€™re On Your Own, Kid by Taylor Swift
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- *1/5*

Krystal- šŸŒŗšŸŒ *3/5*

Josh- *4/5*

Deme- šŸ˜Š *2/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.5. This ranked you second in part two, FOURTH overall in round eight, and are the fourth person to receive their black jacket.
399 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 3rd... Juniper with Linger by The Cranberries
Juniper: Linger by The Cranberries

Krystal- šŸ’—šŸ˜˜ *1/5*

Jaxon- *3/5*

Deme- ā“*4/5*

Josh- *3/5*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.75. This tied with another contestant, but you ranked better in part 1 at third. This ranked you third in part two. You will be joining Noelle & Anthony in the third and final opportunity to earn your black jacket.
399 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Black Jackets:
1. Nate
2. Ray
3. Kemi
4. Turcia

TBA:
Anthony
Juniper
Noelle
399 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Youā€™re On Your Own, Kid
2. Halo
3. Linger
4. What Now
5. Apple Pie

Krystal:
1. Linger
2. What Now
3. Youā€™re On Your Own Kid
4. Halo
5. Apple Pie

Deme:
1. What Now
2. Youā€™re On Your Own, Kid
3. Halo
4. Linger
5. Apple Pie

Josh:
1. What Now
2. Halo
3. Linger
4. Youā€™re On Your Own Kid
5. Apple Pie

Overall:
1. What Now (2)
2. Youā€™re On Your Own Kid (2.5)
3. Linger (2.75) (Ranked 3rd in part 1)
4. Halo (2.75) (Ranked 7th in part 1)
5. Apple Pie (5)
398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Anthony....
Juniper.....
Noelle....
You three are the last ones to not have your black jackets. Your songs have been ranked and the one eliminated has been decided.

Lets review what the judges thought of each of your songs.
398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Anthony: Haunted by Siena Bell ft. ROOK

Jaxon- I love her voice, itā€™s like tasteful cursive. She really was able to carry the song in the slower portion for me + the buildup and eventual climax of the song was very nice to listen to. I really like this song, it probably is my favorite of all three themes of this round of all contestants. Unsurprisingly, your first song was a total miss for me, and Halo just kinda got snubbed.

Krystal- Not a big fan of this voice, likeā€¦ I do think this is a pretty typically slow song at the start, and for the most part, it doesnā€™t give me anything even when thereā€™s more elements like synth under her. If anything, it kind of annoys me? I can see what might be a secret element of the guitar, which is a lot better than everything else, but the vocals justā€¦ oh no. Itā€™s not for me. It makes my head hurt and pisses me off. No more.

Josh- Honestly I really enjoy the 2nd half of this song. When it starts at what I assume is a chorus and her vocals are layered over themselves a bunch and it ramps up from there was great.

Deme- ...Honestly, I'm just kind of... shrugs? I like the chorus, and that little bit after, but the rest of it I'm very... I don't know. The vocals are super pretty and I like the bit around 1:40-ish, I just... don't care all that much for the beginning?
398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Juniper: Itā€™s Oh So Quiet by Bjork

Jaxon- Is Bjork the OG Billie Eilish? IDK Here me outā€¦ I hate billie, except when she like actually sings. Bjork really makes me feel uncomfy while listening to every song Iā€™ve heard, but the glimpse of the chorus before she starts screaming it actually sounds really nice to me. This screaming is not on the level Iā€™ve heard on this past, but the ā€˜shhhā€™ and whispering really is just ASMR gone wrong for me bestie. I do think this will do better with the panel than me, but she is just too experimental for my taste. Your submissions were strong the first two themes.

Krystal- Not sure if this will be a safe bet with the other judges. I think Bjork gave Deme at least one mental breakdown one season? But Iā€™m enjoying it honestly. Itā€™s got camp and rawness and I really, really liked when she SCREAMED. And all the shh-ing is pretty good too. Like I just love how all the elements really pair together, and I can see the secret ingredient here is just adding all these weird pieces together into a really interesting piece! Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/vsj1j56.gif

Josh- This song was so wild lol. I feel like I've maybe heard bits and pieces before. I love the huge changes in this child's music box ballerina vibe and then she just goes nuts and starts screaming with it getting a bit more jazzy with saxophones or something.  Wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did.

Deme- Bjork... I am a bit afraid. Oh. She's shushing. She's shushing. There's some kind of vibe here I'm obsessed with, honestly? Oh! I know this one, actually! Oh she's screaming. I... go off...? I don't know where this is gonna rank compared to the other two, but like, go off?
398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Noelle: Hey DJ by CNCO, Meghan Trainor, Sean Paul

Jaxon- I enjoyed this song, and I didnā€™t. It was very dancey and I did enjoy that! Meghan did better than I thought she would of being the only potential let down I saw from the title and artists- but, yeah, she did better than I was expecting. I think itā€™s been a rough few parts for you bestie, but Iā€™ve enjoyed all of your submissions.

Krystal- Iā€™m not big on Meghan Trainor, so I have some uncertainty here. I think I liked Sean Paul last I heard himā€¦? Meghanā€™s voice is kind of whiny, and Iā€™m not really crazy about it, but the instrumental does pair acceptably with her voice. Likeā€¦ I would call this song kind of average, nothing impressive? The chorus is pretty fun, but Sean Paul is definitely outselling. Iā€™m just meh on it really. Some parts are better than others, of course, but this doesnā€™t seem to be for me.

Josh- So I was really worried at the start that this song was gonna be this weird slow ballad but then it turned into this Latin inspired dance song. Megan Trainor felt like such an odd choice for this track but I genuinely enjoyed it past the first like 30 seconds. Pretty good.

Deme- Oh, this is some kind of lineup. Hi hi Sean Paul. I think... I actually like Meghan Trainor's voice here? That doesn't usually happen. I do think the chorus is... my least favourite part, though, which is a bit unfortunate... šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ˆ
398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Anthony. Here are your rankings for Haunted.

Jaxon - 1/3
Josh 3/3
Krystal 3/3
Deme - 1/3

This has given you an average of 2
398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Junpier. Here are your rankings for Its Oh So Quiet

Jaxon - 3/3
Josh 1/3
Krystal 1/3
Deme - 3/3

398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Junpier. Here are your rankings for Hey DJ

Jaxon - 2/3
Josh 2/3
Krystal 2/3
Deme - 2/3

398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
Contestants.. you have all tied with a ranking of 2 for each of you.

That means we will be looking back at theme #1 and theme #2 to decide overall which one of you did the worst this week and will be going home.
398 days 17 hours ago
oswordo3
The person who has had the highest average from theme 1 and theme 2 and is the first of you three to get their black jacket is...
Juniper.

With a rank of 3 & 3 your overall average was 3

Come grab your jacket and join the other competitors.

That brings us down to our last two.

Anthony and Noelle. One of you will be moving on and one will be leaving the stadium tonight.

The person who is going home is....

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!