This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 6: Results Show

Topic » Round 6: Results Show

738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Krista with Aimed To Kill by Jade Lemac
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- This song was kinda iconic, we support it. The beat was intoxicating and kinda right up my vibe of the month so yay for that. Like I totally see myself adding this song to my playlist, and for me thats the only sign you need to know I fuck with this song. I don’t have any negative remarks, the song was truly iconic and I hope she gets the appreciation she deserves this round! *1/9*

Deme- Was super excited for this one, and I'm not disappointed! I think this fits perfectly with what you were going for, and I love love loove this. The vocals, the BACKGROUND VOCALS, the instrumental, just... yes? Yes?  *4/9*

Josh- *6/9*

Krystal- Already caught my attention because villains of mythology are my thing (like Medusa, hello?). The song starts out real quick to show it has this really synth-y sound to it, and I’m loving the way it gets all static-y around her vocals when she raises her voice. I just love how all the sounds mesh so well with her voice, and it’s really giving me a sound I’m a fan of. Like… there’s good synth and there’s bad synth, and this is very, very good synth! Thanks for giving me a song I’ll definitely be looping at some point, like that song by New Rules or whoever the fuck. *3/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.5. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
738 days 13 hours ago
Christian_
🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
The winner is...
In 1st we have... Scott with Pomegranate Seeds by Julian Moon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Krystal- I’m in FUCKING love with this song. How do you know it, too? Did you find a playlist of Greek gods and goddess music? I’m onto you… jk. I really love how there’s this sort of folks-y sound to it, with all the clapping and then it starts amping it up with other instrumentals as her voice just kind of… expresses the emotion in this fast-paced way. It’s like a bunch of emotion all over the place, probably like Persephone felt when she got dragged into a marriage with her creepy uncle or whatever. 🤮 Like… it just gives a lot of energy I’m obsessed with. It even calls her Kore! And it does it in a weird, static-y way I love. 10/10 at knowing my tastes, I guess. Take my #1 or whatever! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/9*

Deme- Oh. Oh wow. I love this intro, actually. The lyrics here are very, veeeery clearly about Persephone and Hades, and like... it's a bop? It's a bop. Great pick. *2/9*

Jaxon- Something about this, was just really a vibe. To me, this is a very unique song which is nice to come by, I really can’t tell you anything else I know like it. For me, this is a huge step up from your last few post which it is nice to see a comeback! It was short, sweet, did everything it needed to do, and it was a nice submission for this rounds lineup. It won’t be my favorite favorite, but like, it definitely sticks out in a good way. *2/9*

Josh- *1/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 1.5. This ranked you FIRST overall. Congratulations on winning the round, and earning immunity for Round 7.
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 2nd... Sandy with Dynasty by Rina Sawayama
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- Oh holy shit, gorgeous voice? Gorgeous voice? I'm obsessed with her voice? Okay? Okay? Oh oh oh, and the guitar, okay okay- I'm such a fan, okay! Okay! WAIT THIS IS RINA SAWAYAMA? I- *1/9*

Jaxon- Oh someone wants to compete for the Krystal gif I see…! I’d like to split this song into two different segments… the pre 1:00 mark and the post 1:00 mark. The pre 1:00 mark?? Idk what that was, I wasn’t feeling it. Post 1:00 mark??? Iconic, she slayed me away. Ironically, I may have the similar complaint I did to James song where at some points I think the vocals just felt a teeny bit off for me and I wasn’t a huge fan of it, but like overall it was a good song! *7/9*

Josh- *3/9*

Krystal- I think I’ve liked some music by Rina in this song contest before, so here’s hoping that trend continues. I really like the way her voice works with the instrumental here, and I think the whole breathy, echo-y thing she’s doing works really well. Oh, I’m especially enjoying this part that sounds all electronic and just mutter-y before getting into the bulk of the song. This sounds just really like a song I can’t predict, and I like that quite a lot! It’s like something new keeps happening, and it’s just almost got early 2000s vocals at times with all these modern sounds and even some… oh my god, she sounds like Evanescence! I cracked the code. The fuck? I’m obsessed. *2/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3.25. This ranked you SECOND overall this round.
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means...

Alex... Max... Josh...

You three make up our bottom three.
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Alex, since you have immunity, I will announce your placement first.
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 8th we have... Alex with Walked Through Hell by Anson Seabra
Josh- Honestly I think something that helped that mixed with the song choice of the story is that you talked about how Orpheus had this beautiful voice and how he would of done anything to save his deceased love. I think that is portrayed very well within this song. It's such a beautiful and heartfelt song. I usually don't love songs like this. Sad songs about missing loves, but this song really did it for me for some reason. Great pick and great analogy to your story. I get it, I understand, I like it. *2/9*

Jaxon- Whoever that queen was in the music video, she was so pretty we stan her. The song is a wee bit of a different story… like to be honest, it kind of bored me and just never picked up. There wasn’t anything wrong with the song, his voice was nice to listen to, the song set out to do what it wanted to do, it just kind of wasn’t for me personally. It wasn’t a bad song, it just didn’t do anything to stand out for me to make me think it slayed me. *9/9*

Krystal- I love the story of Orpheus and Eurydice! And this song does fit them quite a lot. This song sounds really familiar actually. I do love the way his vocals are all soft against this instrumental, but not too soft, you know? And the use of the song title works really well. But once again, I wanted raw and he synths up his voice to fucking hell. Come on, give us some emotion! You sound like a male Siri when I need you to sound real! It is a sad time for me because I really liked it, but it built up to… that. *9/9*

Deme- So no Hadestown...? 😔 Anyways. His voice is gorgeous, it is! And I especially liked how you connected it to Orpheus and Eurydice, because like... favs. Go off. *9/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 7.25. This ranked you EIGHTH overall this round.
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Max... Josh...

The person being eliminated tonight is...
In 9th we have... Max with Bad Religion by Frank Ocean
Deme- The noise I made when I realized this was going to be another sad love song... but in good news, this one kind of goes off! Gorgeous voice, I really like the intro, and the whole thing just... goes off. Mostly. Mostly goes off. He keeps repeating stuff. I am 👀. The emotion's there. You talk to that taxi driver, good sir. *8/9*

Josh- *9/9*

Jaxon- My boyfriend has had me listen to a Frank Ocean album or two… it isn’t one of the worst things he has had me listen to. Kind of a risky choice if you ask me, maybe it’s because of how close to deadline it was? You’ve kind of been a force to be reckoned with in this competition thus far, but I can easily point this out as one of the songs I vibe with the least this round, and I’m not sure how the others will feel about it (maybe a Josh or Deme come through??). Anyways, yeah, it’s not like this was a song I disliked, it just is one of the songs that appeals to my personal taste the least and I don’t think it will come as a surprise at this point. *8/9*

Krystal-  I did like a Frank Ocean song before, so that’s exciting. I can appreciate these sad pipe organ noises paired with his voice, but it’s just very… slow, and when it finally picks up a little, I feel like it hasn’t picked up enough for me. But man, that voice. It’s just stellar. I mean, his voice makes up for everything that song lacks. Listen to him go completely discordant to his own fucking instrumental. It’s beautiful. It’s a wreck. I’m not sure what the hell to think. *8/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This ranked you NINTH overall this round. Unfortunately, this means you have officially been eliminated from Back To Basics.

It seems tonight that the deadline has gotten the best of you, however, you were a front runner and one of our most consistent contestants this season. While redemption is over, I'm sure we will, and hope to see you in a future season.
738 days 13 hours ago
Mahalpin11
I knew it.
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 7th... Josh with Warrior by Ke$ha
Jaxon- Not a fan of the half assed explanation paired with an iconic song!!!! Like we all know this won’t be at the bottom of my ranks, but I will point out I might have left ‘practical reason’ out of my explanation… <3. Warrior is an iconic song and an iconic opener to the album, like we fully stan her. It won’t rank poorly, but I also wasn’t really surprised by this song so like it also doesn’t really compete with a stronger lineup this round had. Thank you for giving me an iconic song to end this round with :). *5/9*

Krystal- Starting to feel like Ke$ha is becoming the obvious choice or something. But much as I love this song, not sure how that’ll fare for me personally this week. Yeah, her voice is great, and I do like this song quite a lot, but there’s also just something about this song that lacks compared to the ones presented in comparison. But wow do I love when her voice reaches that height and she’s like… scream-y. And her talk-singing is just so fun and silly and good here. I wish I could put it higher. I really do. It’s a stacked week. *6/9*

Josh- *8/9*

Deme- What a bop honestly. This is such a good Kesha song. Creativity... is not really there, but like, it fits the theme! Athena WAS a warrior! And the song goes off! Just, like... shrugs. Shrugs. It's a bop. It's a bop. *5/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup metric of overall season average, you ranked lower at 8.4. This ranked you SEVENTH overall this round.
738 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Aimed To Kill
2. Pomegranate Seeds
3. moshpit
4. It All Comes Out In The Wash
5. Warrior
6. Shockwave
7. Dynasty
8. Bad Religion
9. Walked Through Hell

Krystal:
1. Pomegranate Seeds
2. Dynasty
3. Aimed To Kill
4. moshpit
5. Shockwave
6. Warrior
7. It All Comes Out In The Wash
8. Bad Religion
9. Walked Through Hell

Deme:
1. Dynasty
2. Pomegranate Seeds
3. Shockwave
4. Aimed To Kill
5. Warrior
6. It All Comes Out In The Wash
7. moshpit
8. Bad Religion
9. Walked Through Hell

Josh:
1. Pomegranate Seeds
2. Walked Through Hell
3. Dynasty
4. Moshpit
5. Shockwave
6. Aimed To Kill
7. It All Comes Out In The Wash
8. Warrior
9. Bad Religion

Overall:
1. Pomegranate Seeds (1.5)
2. Dynasty (3.25)
3. Aimed To Kill (3.5)
4. moshpit (4.5)
5. Shockwave (4.75)
6. It All Comes Out In The Wash (6) (2-2) (3.8)
7. Warrior (6) (2-2) (8.4)
8. Walked Through Hell (7.25)
9. Bad Religion (8.25)

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!