This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 6: Mythology Week

Topic » Round 6: Mythology Week

742 days 11 hours ago
Jaxon
Everyone welcome back Josh who earned their way back into this competition. From here on out, everyone here IS the final 9. No more returnees.

This round your theme is ‘Mythology’ week.

What we want you to do for this round is pick any God/Goddess featured in Mythology. This is not exclusive to just one country (i.e. Greek Mythology). NO REPEATS ALLOWED!

After you have chosen, find a song that represents that mythological figure. Please include an explanation as to how and why it represents them.

List Of Songs Previously Used (You can't use these songs): https://tinyurl.com/5xpmct43

Good luck! You have until 2:00pm est 4/25 to post!
742 days 6 hours ago
CutieAmy
Ares and Aphrodite were at first healthy lovers, but their relationship quickly dissolved and turned violent. Aphrodite escaped her arranged marriage from hephaestus to be with Ares. But after a while, she started to second guess herself that she man she once loved had become her own worst enemy. Ren mentions in her song that she is no longer having "fun" being stuck in perpetual misery. She uses domestic abuse to demonstrate the toxicity of her relationship and that's how Aphrodite started to feel after her relationship turned sour.

742 days 2 hours ago
Snails
I have chosen Orpheus.

Orpheus was a talented musician and humans and creatures were drawn to his musical talent. One day, Eurydice was drawn to Orpheus's beautiful voice, and Orpheus was drawn to Eurydice's beauty. They fell in love and were married.  Not long after, Eurydice would die after being bitten by a deadly snake.  After Eurydice's death, Orpheus was heartbroken. So much so that he went to the underworld to attempt to bring her back to life. Sadly, Orpheus was not able to bring Eurydice back to the living.  (Note: this was obviously a super condensed version of the story). 

This song relates to Orpheus, and the tragic love story of Orpheus and Eurydice, because he was willing to do anything to bring Eurydice back to life and back to him after she died, including walking through hell for her.

741 days 21 hours ago
Kennel123
I am choosing Dionysus — God of Wine

WELL first off, she mentions pouring yourself a merlot to go ... WINE! But in all seriousness, Dionysus brought joy and divine ecstasy or he brought brutal and blinding rage — which reflects the dual nature of wine. in this song, my mom Miranda talks about some fun/risky things people could do, which represents the joy, while she also says repeatedly the mistakes will come out in the wash which would represent Dionysus washing out the mistakes of his ragey side.

741 days 21 hours ago
anthousai
ERIS was the goddess or personified spirit (daimona) of strife, discord, contention and rivalry. She was often portrayed, more specifically, as the daimona of the strife of war, haunting the battlefield and delighting in human bloodshed.

aimed to kill just really gives off man-eater, chaotic and unapologetic vibes that i think eris embodies. she's seen as one of the "villains" of greek mythology and this song is very villain-esque!

741 days 11 hours ago
J2999
I will be selecting ZEUS !!!!!

Ok so Zeus is the God of the Sky and is one of the most powerful Greek Gods to exist, kinda a king actually so I just HAD to pick him.

Shockwave suggests having such power and an impact on someone, an impact that is felt from the sky. This links well to Zeus because he did... JUST THAT! He had such power from the sky that he was able to use it on the people below. Therefore hitting both key features for selecting Zeus.

741 days 8 hours ago
iSandeh

I have decided to go with hercules, the son of zeus. My choice was inspired by many lyrics in this song, especially the bridge where rina talks about infidelity (hercules is product of a mistress) as well as many tales of feeling he had to prove himself and atone for his sins, but being the son of zeus he had a lot more to prove as his "dynasty" is the biggest known on olympus.
741 days 7 hours ago
sjsoccer88
I have chosen Persephone, queen of the underworld and wife of Hades. The song I have chosen is Pomegranate Seeds by Julian Moon. The lyrics themselves “Devil, he dragged me down, Pomegranate seeds and a flower crown” allude to Persephone and Hades relationship and how their marriage wouldn’t be approved by other gods but Hades captured her and gave her what she wanted all along. The song itself is about the artist’s own experience with getting cut out of the music industry and being dragged down but that she will get what she wants no matter what.

741 days 7 hours ago
Mahalpin11

I am choosing Erotes, which are a group of winged gods that rule sweet talk and unrequited love. Erotes were also know to be associated with same-sex desire, which was frowned upon. This song is about being in love with someone who could never love you back, because of sexual orientation and circumstances.
741 days 7 hours ago
oswordo3
Josh's Submission

In ancient Greek religion, Athena was a goddess of war, handicraft, and practical reason.

.be
741 days 6 hours ago
Jaxon
- Closed -

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!