This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 5: Results Show

Topic » Round 5: Results Show

745 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
745 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Tonight I will be separating you into three groups:

Group A: Max, Scott, Josh
Group B: Krista, James, Sandy
Group C: Kellen, Ali, Alex

Each group represents the three tiers for this round: Top, Safe, and Bottom.
745 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
The group that is in the 'Safe' zone tonight is...
Group B.
745 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 4th we have... James with Blue by Marina & The Diamonds
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- Yeah, it is a known fact that I love Marina and the Diamonds. This is a song that I’d probably consider better than Gold, but middling on my favorite songs off Froot. Her vocals are elevated the further it goes, and she just has this really lively energy that contrasts the slow, sad start that I like a lot. Overall a solid song. And I love the emotions she gives off in it, like it’s really vulnerable while still poppy and fun. Take my #1! https://i.imgur.com/AtuM2RJ.gif *1/9*

Jaxon- I have a love hate relationship with Marina, because her songs either slay like no other… or just kinda flat out suck. This was one of the songs that sort of slayed. From start to finish the song felt very complete and full of purpose, which I’m sure can be attributed to a high production level and budget. I think after some trial and error you have found a better foothold in this competition and are starting to emerge with some better song picks. I just hope she didn’t come too late <3. *4/9*

Josh- This is the better of the blues, It's a decent song over all. I think it kind of started off a bit slow but then that rhythm ramped up in the chorus then I was like getting more into it and I was like a really fun song overall. I can picture it being featured and like some teen romcom movie. *4/9*

Deme- Bop. Absolute bop. Her voice is gorgeous, as always, and the song itself is just... so good? The instrumental works perfectly, I love the lyrics - great pick. *3/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. We went to the backup metric of overall season average where you scored lower at 8.25. This ranked you FOURTH overall this round.
745 days 13 hours ago
CocoVanderbilt
struts in
745 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 5th we have... Sandy with White Knuckles by AU/RA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Deme- Au/Ra! Her voice, wow wow wow. Not my favourite by her, but like... come on. It's Au/Ra. I love love love the bit just before the chorus, but the entire thing is just... so good. *2/9*

Jaxon- I was introduced to this artist last season with Panic Room (submitted by a judge actually…) and it definitely is a regular on my playlist. You picked a really good round to have immunity (not because this song sucks) but this is probably the most competitive seeming round for me since the first round. I don’t think this song quite has the same appeal Panic Room did for me, but like all in all this is still a pretty solid song that I enjoyed getting to listen to. I’d say my only critique would be I just wish the song had more of an umph before the 2:40 mark.  But like, overall, I enjoyed her. *6/9*

Krystal- This Au/Ra title looks familiar, but I’ve never looped it, so who knows. I do think the vocals pick up really fast in a way that drags just right, especially since her vocals go high. But on the other hand, it kind of gave me a headache. I’m trying to ignore it to focus on the like nice statick-y vibes to it, but wow, that was not a pleasant note. Overall, it was fine, but I see why I never looped it. *7/9*

Josh- So I only know Au/Ra because I posted her last season using Panic Room. I thought it was a solid song, the judges didn't agree and I got 5/10 ranking. I feel like this song is gonna land somewhere similar. The song just kind of happened for me this week. Nothing really stood out for me. Just very middle of the road. *5/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 5. This ranked you FIFTH overall this round.
745 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 6th we have... Krista with Blue by Madison Beer
Jaxon- I know her name, but I really haven’t checked out her music all that much- so far the only thing I have to compare her other work is that god awful kpop song. This vibe is giving old school Lana vibes (kinda her only good era) and I am a fan of the vibe of this song. I especially enjoyed the verses of this song, the chorus was a bit of a slight let down in comparison, but not a bad chorus by any means. I do think the last like 50 seconds could have been shortened instead of dragging. Overall, this was a pretty solid song and I enjoyed listening to it. *5/9*

Josh- Boring versus, decent chorus, it's okay. Not personally my kind of song, I think there is better this week but I don't think this is the worst offender of being the most boring overall so at least you have that going for you. *7/9*

Deme- Ah. Madison Beer. Her voice is beautiful, I just... don't really vibe with her slow stuff...? I did enjoy this more than I expected, though! The instrumental was super interesting, and I like whatever is going on with the vocals when she's talking about run run running. *8/9*

Krystal- I’ve only heard Madison Beer in K/DA stuff for the most part. Her singing voice here is nice and smooth and pairs well with the subtle instrumental, but I’ll admit she sounds too Lana Del Rey for me and it just doesn’t give me much of anything. Like… it starts picking up around a minute in, but I wish it had started to do that faster. Because now I’m really enjoying it, but I had to sit through a minute of meh to get there! And now it’s back. *5/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.25. This ranked you SIXTH overall this round.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
The group that represents our 'Tops' of the round is...
Group C.
745 days 12 hours ago
Mahalpin11
Oh i'm terminally ill.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
In 3rd we have... Kellen with Red High Heels by Kellie Pickler
Josh- Miss Kellie did something here.  I love the vibe of the sun and it just honestly is the throwback. I feel like I am 7 again hearing my mom sing this in her old car. I think you are showing yourself be quite a force to be reckoned with in this competition and other people need to take notes from you. *1/9*

Krystal- “I have faith in this Kellie Pickler.” – Demgirl6 🔮 I do think country was a pretty interesting choice this week, and I don’t really hate it. The singing voice is decent and the instrumental works well. But I’ll admit there are country songs I love and country songs I’m like, “This is fine,” to without feeling any interest in replaying it. Fun and lively and enjoyable, but only for one listen, thanks! Luckily that’s all I need for this song contest, though, so… *3/9*

Deme- Kellie 🥰. An unexpected appearance this week, but a welcome one. It's not my favourite song by her, but it kind of goes off? Yes girl, wear your red high heels. *6/9*

Jaxon- Sort of prays for you, but really enjoys this catering here. I fought hard to have female country as a theme in the past so like, kinda stan this post. I honestly only know one Kellie song and it definitely is setting me up to have high expectations for this song. It kinda didn’t live up to that song- but tbf that is like one of my all time greats. I enjoyed this song a lot. I guess the easy way for me to put it is, in my playlist (which is a sea of pop & rock music) sometimes it is really refreshing to come across an iconic 2000s country female hit that changes the pace and stands out a bit. I also appreciate seeing Kellie, who is a bit more UTR compared to some of the other major names like Carrie, Miranda, Kacey, etc. *2/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 3. This tied with another contestant, and the judges were deadlocked 2-2. In the backup metric of overall season average you ranked higher at 3. This ranked you THIRD overall this round.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Ali... Alex...

The winner this round is...
In 1st we have... Alex with Scarlett by Holly Humberstone
Jaxon- I’m kind of obsessed with this one?? I think the beat in this song was just absolutely killer, and her vocals kinda fit really well into it. I am a bit worried for you, just because I’m not completely sure everyone else will find this to be the slay that I found it to be… but for me, this is kinda a song I’m looking for exactly. Everything came together to be a pretty iconic bop, and its from a name and a song I have never heard before in my life. Great pick for me! *1/9*

Deme- Her voice is suuuper pretty, and everything about this is just... some kind of vibe? A good vibe? I love it? Great pick. *4/9*

Josh- Okay so I dug everything about this song. I've never heard of Holly but if this is what all of her music sounds like I need to dive in further. I really enjoy the synth used throughout the song. The melody of the music is nice. Also Scarlet has always been one of my favorite shades of red. That had nothing to do with rankings this week, but it just needed to he said. *2/9*

Krystal- The instrumental is really great here, like I love whatever is going on in it paired with her soft vocals. There’s just something sweet and chill and relaxed here that I’m really liking, especially once it gets into the chorus and the emotions pick up to get a bit sadder and angrier. Like there’s almost this disconnection between how she sounds and what she’s saying, but it’s good. It’s like a staple indie music thing, I guess. *2/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.25. This ranked you FIRST overall this round. Congratulations on winning this round, and earning immunity for round 6 making yourself the official first person in the Top 8.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Which means, in 2nd... Ali with White Flag by Bishop Briggs
Deme- Okay, great start, loving this intro - voice is absolutely gorgeous, okay, okay? I really wasn't sure what to expect here, but I'm definitely a fan. Oh, oh wait- it's another song I recognize from the chorus! Damn, okay. I had no idea the rest of the song sounded like this, but like... great pick, honestly? *1/9*

Krystal- The beat was solid, and the instrumental going quiet at first with her voice on display was really well-done. I like this subtle edge to her vocals, and I do love when she starts getting a little more aggressive and going OH-OH-OH or whatever. I think the chorus is probably the best part of this, but it builds up in a way that’s really nice, so none of the song is awful either. *4/9*

Josh- I saw that quick change you did with your song,  I think honestly It was better for you because this song in my opinion is far better than the song you originally posted. Honestly this would have been a great finale song for like a winner single but but I think it serves its justice in this round as well and I think it is going to do well with the other judges also. *3/9*

Jaxon- Kinda glad to hear something else from this gal other than her one major hit, because I really don’t know anything else. I looooooove her voice and rasp. I really enjoyed listening to this one, I don’t really have any negative feedback to say about it. I think this was a great pick in a round that seems to have hardly any (honestly if any) flops that didn’t quite work, and I think this will be able to compete for a higher overall spot. *3/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 2.75. This ranked you SECOND overall this round.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Group A...

Max... Scott... Josh...

You three make up our bottom three this round.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
In 7th we have... Scott with Green Light by John Legend ft. Andre 3000
Deme- The absolute fear I felt at the muffled intro singing... hoo. Okay. The instrumental to this is so so fun, and obviously John Legend's voice is great - it's John Legend. While this isn't my favourite of the week, it's definitely a bop? *5/9*

Jaxon- Oh, hun, I can not believe you would do this to yourself… like truly kinda tragic. In the past three-ish rounds, you maybe could have slid on by with this song with a weaker line up… but like this round is way too strong to be posting a song like this. Andre 3000 was a TREAT in this song, and he definitely carried this song and was the only saving grace about it. I’m ready for Deme to come in and give this her #1, but like for me, this song just doesn’t compete with the others this round. Kinda sad because you really are a front runner right now in consistency. *8/9*

Josh- So wow this song was like 70% "I'm ready to go right now". The song just lacked overall personality and went on way longer than needed. Too much filler. Couldn't wait for it to end *8/9*

Krystal- Behold, a man! That seems to be a rarity, maybe because Jaxon said he prefers female singers? I don’t think the synth really adds to it for me, but I love the beat quite a lot. This song is pretty cute, very early 2000s men singing to me. And I wouldn’t call it a bad song by any means, but I find the vocals a little weak at times. *6/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 6.75. This ranked you SEVENTH overall this round.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
Max... Josh...

One of you has earned their way into the top 9, and the other will have to compete against three other eliminated contestants to earn their spot back into the competition.
745 days 12 hours ago
Jaxon
The person being eliminated is...
In 9th we have... Josh with Black Rum by Cake Pop, Dylan Brady, Ravenna Golden, & Lewis Grant
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- This song was lowkey annoying. It was overly produced and the high pitch.... screeching was annoying. Some of the judges I think like hyperpop so I think you'll slide through. It isn't so low because this song was unique, short, and more creative than what was put below it. *6/9*

Krystal- This is a wild, EDM-y sound to start with, and I’m getting older EDM vibes, like from early 2000s music again. The vocals aren’t too bad or anything, but they aren’t that great either. I feel a little like I’m watching Minions in song form. He’s… scared of the dentist? Did I hear that? I’m so confused. No, I hate this. I can’t deal with her voice. I want to go home. Can my dad come pick me up? Please? *9/9*

Deme- Jumpscared by the song starting, great start already. Um. Jesus fuck. This is... nothing like what I thought it would be. Is... is the... whole song like this? Why is he scared of the dentist? I kinda like whatever's going on with this girl's voice but it's also just... I... is it... squeaky...? Why is the instrumental just the same thing for so long?  I have so many questions...? I can kind of see how this is a bop but I'm also just... huh...? *9/9*

Jaxon- Babes… I love you… I think you’re such a great person and super nice… but like what on Gods green earth was this…? I genuinely uh… this for me is going to go down as one of my most hated songs ever posted in this competition… and I just have 0 idea of what I just listened to. Awkwardly enough, somehow I guess this song like… may not get eliminated, my fellow judges and I have some extreme differing opinions on songs like this…. but for me, it’s kind of one of the easiest last place ranks I’ve ever given. I’m sorry…. *9/9*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 8.25. This ranked you NINTH overall this round. Unfortunately, this means you have been eliminated from Back To Basics. However, we look forward to seeing you momentarily in the redemption round.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!