This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 3: Apocalypse Week

Topic » Round 3: Apocalypse Week

755 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
Welcome to round three everyone!

This round ‘Apocalypse Week’ is the theme.
Essentially, what we are looking for is to give us a song that has end of the world vibes. This theme is very interpretive, so please include an explanation explaining how and why.

List Of Songs Previously Used (You can't use these songs): https://tinyurl.com/5xpmct43

Good luck! You have until 5:00pm est on 4/12 to post!
755 days 2 hours ago
CutieAmy
I love this song so much and it fits the theme, so yeah I guess I will have to use it. It essentially talks about spending the night with the person you love if the world is about to end.

755 days 1 hour ago
Mahalpin11
I chose to song because not only do the lyrics match up with a world ending situation, but the progression of the song up to the end is so epic and truly feels like you are entering the apocalypse by the end. The lyrics are beautiful, her voice is beautiful and the ending of the song is just absolutely wild.

755 days 1 hour ago
iSandeh

I can't tell if this is a risk for me, but for this game, I am taking a risk with sending K-pop. I personally enjoy K-pop but I know it is not a favorite amongst judges so I hope the appreciate my attempt at following the theme. Anyone who knows me knows im a SM sheep and love anything their artists release and this song just screams the theme. The unpredictable loud production with good vocals, makes a great combination for the theme. I think the music video also gives brownie points towards the theme of a typical "apocalypse" so I have tried to hit all
754 days 21 hours ago
hobo232

I hope this isn't too risky since the judges haven't really loved my music taste lately. I chose this song because its AMAZING first off. However it is literally about the world ending and spending those last moments with the one you love before it all crumbles down around you.
754 days 20 hours ago
J2999

to me this satisfies the 'end of the world' theme because the song is about a dying relationship, and sometimes that really is the end of the world. and like if the world is ending, they can... die together.

the focus of the entire song, with the lyrics and the video, is about this specific couple, including the idea of an 'apocalypse' as although a few other people can loosely be seen, it's still quite... isolated and quiet.

like to me this song could fit perfectly on a romance film occurring during an apocalypse, and the couple are the last two alive, and finally one of them is dying, then this music plays over during the theme.

hopes that makes some sense...
754 days 6 hours ago
brightongal
The “End of the world vibes” meaning in this case is being dramatic when something you want doesn’t happen. “Overloading when I’m looking in the mirror I’m about to crash” “I’m about to End it all so legendary”

754 days 5 hours ago
Kennel123
I think this song explains itself and fits the theme, talks about the world ending and lying with his love the final night.  Really love the vibes too

https://youtu.be/yS2KyK3pqj4
754 days 4 hours ago
Snails
I’ve chosen Skyfall by Adele. “Let the skyfall, let it crumble.” This song definitely has end of the world vibes. The world is ending but she’s okay because she’s going through it with the one she loves and they’ll be okay regardless what happens.
https://youtu.be/DeumyOzKqgI
754 days 4 hours ago
sjsoccer88

I thought about doing the typical two people in love spending their last moments together safe route but fuck that. That’s corny and overdone. The song I’ve chosen, to me, is the epitome of end of world vibes. It talks about killing, a burning sun, no place to hide, etc. plus the music and tone of the song is by far some hard rock type you’d hear when the world is ending.

Two tv shows/movies came to mind for me centered around an apocalypse…Book of Eli and Fear The Walking Dead (most current seasons) both set place in an apocalyptic setting where very few people or things remain and it’s an overheating/burning planet where scavenging/killing takes place with the few that are left.

I think this song is a good representation of all of that. Yes, I know it alludes to wolves but there’s more symbolic meaning than the literal interpretation.
754 days 1 hour ago
anthousai
https://youtu.be/2fngvQS_PmQ the video is....awful it honestly might be a fan edit but i cant find the song anywhere else. i think it fits the apocalypse theme well because it has that eerie this is it/we do or die/we're all in this together type of vibe to it and i just think it's a really pretty song overall even if it's from the HOBBIT.
754 days ago
Jaxon
https://youtu.be/GgDxv0Qg_Rg

Sent by Josh @5:46 pm.
754 days ago
Jaxon
- Closed -

As per the rules, Josh will recieve 1 penalty point added in pre average this round.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!