This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 2: Results Show

Topic » Round 2: Results Show

1111 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
In 12th we have....
Sergio with Ray of Light by Madonna.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - -  - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- -
Jaxon- Another song that holds nostalgia for me… nothing on my playlist but something I definitely remember and just kind of forgot about until now. You’re right, this song will be forever iconic. The beat, the vocals, the tempo, everything about it works. It definitely proves once again why Madonna was as revolutionary and iconic as she was. *8/14*

Krystal- I think the instrumental paired with the vocals was a bit overwhelming and not in a good way. The electronic noise kind of makes my head hurt. But I do really like the chorus because I like her vocals there. The video is just as disorienting as the music which I do appreciate because it relates them to each other well. Just wish I didn’t get a headache listening to it. *13/14*

Deme- Oh, wow, this started abruptly and scared me but like - it goes off? It's a bit too much for me at certain points (and that video is... so distracting, especially her dancing...) but I think it's fun! *14/14*

Josh- Hm… I’m not sure how I feel about this song. I like it… but at the same time I don’t? Does that even make sense? Like there is just so much happening in this song that I can get down with but at the same time I’m getting whiplash and the pulsating beat is just a lot. *10/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 11.25 which ranked you TWELTH.
1111 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Rocky... Josh.... you both make up our bottom two tonight. The person being eliminated is...
Josh with MMMBop by Hanson.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - -  - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - -- -
Deme- While I've definitely seen this floating around, it's my first time actually listening to it and... I mean... as the title says, it's a bop? I'm only putting it where I am due to personal preference - its super upbeat, and I really like the chorus! *11/14*

Josh- So I guess this is one of those songs that I always knew about but like never went out of my way to ever actually listened to the full song. I had to double check the lyrics after I listened to the song to make sure it was in English? I’m not sure why but I had the hardest time understanding anything that they were saying. They were like mumbling all the lyrics? Whats up with that? Was the song supposed to be called something other than MMMBop but the producer was like “what the hell are these kids saying? Mmm….bop? Okay whatever it sounds kinda catchy if you aren’t paying that much attention we’ll just go with it” *12/14*

Jaxon- This song is undoubtedly catchy, and it holds strong nostalgia from childhood… I caught my head bobbing at times. I don’t think for me this song is strong enough in the nostalgia factor to be a top ranker… but I also don’t think this song is at risk of elimination. It’s just a fun song, and thats really it. A safe choice IMO, but there is nothing wrong with playing safe in the beginning before learning the panels taste. *11/14*

Krystal- I don’t think I’ve ever heard this song in full, but I’ve been informed it’s a one-hit wonder. I’ll be real with you that I’m glad they gave up after one hit. The vocals of the main singer are very shrill. The chorus is literally the only part of this song that I enjoy because it is catchy. The rest of the song just feels like being forced to watch Little Einsteins on TV, so overwhelmed by cheese and resentful. *14/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 12 which ranked you in FOURTEENTH, eliminating you from the competition.
1111 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Which leaves Rocky in 13th with U Got It Bad by Usher.
Josh- Honestly this isn’t that bad of a song, I enjoy the vibes of the early 2000s R&B. Honestly though Usher running around his bedroom in only his underwear was something as a closeted gay kid I really appreciated seeing. Not too bad of a choice though! *8/14*

Jaxon- I could definitely think of different and better Usher songs that would have gone straight to the top for me… but I think the year timespan wouldn’t allow that. This really just isn’t it for me. For me this isn’t even at least just great background music, I just wouldn’t listen to it at all. It’s not a bad song by any means, just the complete opposite of my taste 99% of the time. Sorry :( *14/14*

Krystal- I’ll admit that I don’t really like songs that are slow-paced, and I don’t think this is a song that I would place very high just because it isn’t doing much for me. His vocals are decent, but they are overwhelmed by synth and there’s a whiny quality to it that I don’t like. The only thing I really like is that the video’s cool with its use of flashbacks and such. It’s too sappy and slow for me. *12/14*

Deme- I'm not a huge Usher fan, and not a huge fan of this song - maybe the speed? However, I can't deny that his vocals are like... crazy good. Hopefully the other judges are bigger fans of this than I am! *12/14*

The four scores combined gave you an average of 11.5 which ranked you THIRTEENTH overall. You live to see another round!
1111 days 13 hours ago
Jaxon
Jaxon:
1. Everywhere
2. Underneath It All
3. …Baby One More Time
4. I Don’t Want To Miss a Thing
5. Believe
6. Say My Name
7. Smooth
8. Ray Of Light
9. Waiting For Tonight
10. So Into You
11. MmmBop
12. We Like To Party
13. Butterfly
14. U Got It Bad

Krystal:
1. …Baby One More Time
2. Believe
3. Everywhere
4. Smooth
5. We Like To Party
6. Butterfly
7. I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
8. Underneath It All
9. Say My Name
10. Waiting For Tonight
11. So Into You
12. U Got It Bad
13. Ray Of Light
14. MMMBop

Deme:
1. Everywhere
2. …Baby One More Time
3. Say my Name
4. I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing
5. Smooth
6. We Like To Party
7. Believe
8. Butterfly
9. Underneath It All
10. Waiting For Tonight
11. MMMBop
12. U Got It Bad
13. So Into You
14. Ray Of Light

Josh:
1. …Baby One More Time
2. Believe
3. Say My Name
4. So Into You
5. Smooth
6. Everywhere
7. Waiting For Tonight
8. U Got It Bad
9. Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing
10. Ray Of Light
11. Underneath It All
12. MMMBop
13. We Like To Party
14. Butterfly

Overall:
1. …Baby One More Time (1.75)
2. Everywhere (2.75)
3. Believe (4)
4. Say My Name (5.25) (3-1)
5. Smooth (5.25) (1-3)
6. I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing (6)
7. Underneath It All (7.5)
8. We Like To Party (9) (2-2) (6)
9. Waiting For Tonight (9) (2-2) (7)
10. So Into You (9.5)
11. Butterfly (10.25)
12. Ray Of Light (11.25)
13. U Got It Bad (11.5)
14. MMMBop (12)
1111 days 3 hours ago
Crocadilly
MmmmBop a last and Brittney Spears first????

I mean I saw there was a Kesha and then a Trisha week but now I’m SERIOUSLY doubting the credibility of the judging here. Where is the taste?
1111 days 3 hours ago
mildsalsa
Honestly yeah, there’s something OFF about this judging...

I didn’t know picking the most obvious Britney Spears song was really the way to go...

My song and the song “You Got It Bad” are so low, maybe the judges aren’t into R&B or black artists 🤷‍♂️
1111 days 3 hours ago
Crocadilly
I mean in the top 4 it’s
Britney Spears
Michelle Branch
Cher
And Destinys Child

Lmao I knew the judges were LGBTQ at least 2 of them but come the fuck on. All 4 of those songs are so heard before and over played. If you wanted me to pick some popular radio jam that’s what the challenge should have been. This competition should be about music being good not if it’s popular or if u can shake ur gay ass to it.

These judges CLEARLY abhor a slow song which is HUGE signal that they aren’t really appreciators of good music, just music they like. You need to look at songs objectively and determine if it is a good song. Not omg I can sit in my room pretend I have a vagina and bop to this.

Like idk if I’m gonna continue in the comp bc I have no faith in the judges ability to recognize good music. If it’s not on a list on Spotify called “Gay Bops to Shake My Tits to” then just don’t post it I guess ?????? Idk
1111 days 3 hours ago
Crocadilly
Like I’m LGBTQ too but I don’t let that define my music taste. The judges should do some self reflecting
1111 days 3 hours ago
mildsalsa
Honestly, what is the STRANGEST thing is that MMMBop was easily the most iconic 90's song posted, I literally was so worried when I saw that song posted first. And for it to get last place, I mean... SOMETHING is not right. When I saw MMMBop posted, I seriously thought "no way can I post a better 90's song than this" ----- but I guess Britney Spears?

It's just a bit generic for me. Like, I feel like I should just be posting popular, iconic songs from now on... thought I'd be able to show off my music taste, but that's a HARD ROAD to go down when the judges are picking the obvious gay bops as their top songs...
1111 days 3 hours ago
Crocadilly
Yeah THE SHOW LITERALLY SAID SHOW OFF YOUR MUSIC TASTE NOT CONFORM TO OURS BUT OKAY GAY QUEENS

and I see what u mean about the judges bias against POC artists. They clearly didn’t like the Raggae influences in my post. It’s sad that the songs with actual CULTURE are placed low and the top spots went to White Washed Pop Divas picked from the Top 100 Charts.

The only black artist NEAR the top is Destinys Child and that’s easily their most well known song. God this is so disappointing. I already see that every song being posted for Week 3 now was also a huge radio song.

LETTING THE RADIO TELL U WHAT IS POPULAR AND GOOD IS NOT HAVING MUSIC TASTE LADIES.

I mean Party in the USA by Miley it doesn’t get any more gay and popular. It was a radio hit so I’m sure it’ll rank high and anything we post that the judges hasn’t heard is gonna go straight to the bottom.

I knew I should’ve been worried when last season a judge commented:
“This is the first time I don’t think a song by a man should go immediately to the bottom”
Like I’m sorry but only a gay wrote that and it’s very telling. How are you gonna let something like gender influence the MUSIC. If you can’t recognize a good song REGARDLESS of gender, REDGARDLESS of radio play, REGARDLESS of would they play this at the gay clubs I don’t go to bc I don’t pass — THEN WHY ARE U JUDGING A MUSIC COMP. Or at least call it THE BIG GAY MUSIC COMPETITON FOR GAYS WITH GAY MUSIC TASTE ONLY
1111 days 2 hours ago
Crocadilly
I might just quit honestly. I wanted to do a competiton that judges music objectively based on if the song is a good mother fucking song.

This is just seeing how my taste matches up w the judges and I can clearly see that it doesn’t from the judging and Idk if I want to waste my time
1111 days 2 hours ago
Jaxon
Stacey & Frannie:

I'm sorry you are feeling the way you are feeling in round 2 of the competition! We have four different judges on the panel who have similar yet very different takes on music and how they feel about it. The averaging system allows for a consensus of all opinions, and there have been many weeks where the judges clear least favorite did not go home because it takes into account multiple opinions.

Every judge has certain likes and dislikes when it comes to music and part of the challenge is pleasing all four judges, and we make the themes in style of pleasing all four judges and as a contestant it is the challenge to listen to the feedback given from all four and find that happy medium.

The contest in general holds bias in its roots and every person has something different they look for in what makes a good song to them. Even 1997-2001 week the judges were having debates over how others ranked their songs!

In regards to your apparent dislike of Kesha, I suggest you go listen to some of her later music and see if its just music one can sit in their room and pretend they have a vagina to listen to! In regards to Trisha, that week was a compromise between the judges as we were split in half absolutely not wanting Trisha and half absolutely not wanting K-Pop!

It is still very early in this season, so we haven't been able to inform you of exactly what each judges doesn't like and does. However, there is a wiki full of information of season 1  and all the commentary is available in the group.

With all that being said, I'm sorry you are upset MMMBop was eliminated. Only one judge had it ranked as their last song, but every judge ranked it low which ended up eliminating it. As you are letting you opinion be known, you have stated how it is unfair that the most popular song of the time had won it, but were surprised the most iconic song of the 90s got eliminated which seems a bit hypocritical as both were iconic songs of the time allegedly and we are upset an iconic song won but an iconic song got eliminated.

As a contestant, you are given the liberty to post whatever song you want that fits the theme. You can take any road you like, but at the end of the day if a judge does not like a song they are not obligated to rank it high because it is a ranking of personal taste first and foremost, and then the consensus is taken.

In regards to the POC influence in a song, specifically I had the No Doubt song ranked at number two highlighted the fact I liked the inclusion of the reggae feature. I can't help the fact that the three other judges were not a fan of No Doubt, however that is the point of taking an average. As you specifically highlighted my comment, yes I prefer the vocals of a female singer. They are much more appealing and sound better objectively to me! But right there, I was able to identify that I was extremely impressed with something that does not typically appeal to me and ranked it high.

If at any point you do not wish to continue in this competition you are free to drop out. We do not wish this for any of our contestants as we truly try to give everyone an equal shot with each of our own personal opinions and taste.
1111 days 2 hours ago
tswiftlover13
@Crocadilly just wondering... if you are this upset why are you still here? You are taking this sooooooooo personal.  And it's just a game let's have fun 💜
1111 days 2 hours ago
mildsalsa
@tswiftlover13 Honestly, I see where crocadilly is coming from. Look at Week 3 and the songs posted. I want to post a good party song from my playlist, which is most likely a song the judges haven't heard. But based on the judging this round, the pop divas/radio songs are the ones that are going to be in the top :/

I feel like I should just post something generic and boring like "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO or "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga -- especially if I want to compete with popular songs and artists like Miley, Rihanna, Katy Perry, and One Direction.

Like, why is this competiton only for mass-produced songs by the most popular of artists :/ just a bit boring
1111 days 2 hours ago
Crocadilly
Okay it is VERY INTERESTING that you use the word objectively because nothing about this competition is objective — which is my entire issue with it in the first place.

First and foremost “objectively to me” is an oxymoron. Nothing can be “objective” to you. If it involves your opinion that would be SUBJECTIVE. I think some googling of definitions is in order on your part.

You SHOULD be being objective. Looking at the songs and saying “OBJECTIVELY, is this a good song, AS A FACT?” Not “SUBJECTIVELY would I put this on my Kesha Concert Road Trip Playlist?”

And yes I do want to quit because this is just plain out a bad game. I wanted to play a competition about GOOD music not about YOUR music.

I now feel comfortable saying I don’t think ANY of you could ACTUALLY OBJECTIVELY judge a country song. Because it’s all about your oh so important taste. LIKE ANY OF U HAVE ANY.

And thank you for pointing out that Mmmbop is also on the level of iconic that Oops I Did it Again was. I think that then PERFECTLY shows my point. They’re both absolutely ICONIC Top songs of their time. But Britney won because you’re all a bunch of gay gays with gay music taste. Point blank period. Mmmbop is just as iconic but it’s all about gay bops and girl power here it’s ridiculous.

So you’re right it has bias in its roots and I want the fuck out because it shouldn’t. This isn’t about our tastes is about yours and I couldn’t give a shit what you like. Just telling me to listen to Kesha let’s me know you don’t have the taste or sophistication to judge my music selections.

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!