This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 3: Results Show

Topic » Round 3: Results Show

1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon

Welcome final thirteen! To begin, I am going to explain a process in the ruling of ties. There will no longer be 5th/6th places.

If two people tie it will go through a few steps...
1. First we will look at the judges individual rankings between the two songs specifically. If 3/4 of the judges ranked the song higher then that gets the higher placement.
2. If it is a 2-2 tie, then we will go based off previous rankings in the performance by averaging your previous ranks and the better rank overall gets the higher placement.

If two people tie for last place, a song choice sudden death will occur where the bottom two will face off head to head to keep their spot in the game.

With that being said, let's get to this weeks results.
1166 days 1 hour ago
Kindred7
:o
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
If I call your name please stand forward...
Ev
Ben
Rory
Pablo
Xakim
Kinny.

You six make up our top three and bottom three for the round. We will get to your results in a just a moment.
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 4th place we have... Bryan with Ex's & Oh's by Elle King!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Krystal- I absolutely adore Elle King! She gives me Gin Wigmore vibes. Her voice is always wonderful to listen to with this almost gritty quality to it that I’m drawn to. Her voice stays powerful throughout and the instrumental never overpowers it. And whenever that chorus hits, I’m instantly drawn back in. There’s not a moment of her song that I’m bored, and I’m endlessly impressed you managed to hit on one of my favorite types of singers like that! *1/13*

Josh- I loooooove this song. There are certain artists you sit there and wonder why they haven’t had more than one hit and Ellie King is one of them. *3/13*

Jaxon- Some people find a unique voice annoying, but I really appreciate it. I really enjoyed this song when it was on the radio, and I’m pretty sure this is still a grocery store sleeper hit that plays every now and then… which I also get excited for. The style and beat of the song is fun and I can see it doing fairly well this round. *8/13*

Deme- Her vocals? Absolutely amazing. The instrumental itself? Fantastic. This is a great pick. *6/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 4.5!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 5th place we have... Lukas with Heaven by DJ Sammy Ft. Yanou & Do!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- Honestly what a good week for you. This is such a good song that I just completely blocked out of my memory. Sad this icon didn’t have another hit. It reminds me very much of Cascada which I love too. *4/13*

Deme- I forgot this song existed, oh my god. It's so fun and cute, and I'm definitely a fan. This really screams early 2000s. *9/13*

Krystal- This song brings me back to my DDR days! I think the strongest part to this song must be the instrumental because it perfectly complements the singer. And near the end of the song, there’s a lot of strong vocals that I really liked. I feel like this song is a bit cheesy and it’s obvious why it was a one hit wonder, but I feel like it’d be something you could play a dancing game to and that’s enough for me! *8/13*

Jaxon- I’m not sure from where, but I know I definitely know this song? It’s honestly a pretty good song, the electric techno sound really screams the 2000s to me which I am a fan of. I’d definitely listen to this song again, and honestly this has been my favorite choice of yours this far. I think this was a really solid and fun pick! *3/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 6!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 6th place we have... Donte with Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)!
Deme- I think this was a great song for this week! Her vocals are SO good? I love the background vocals, too. *10/13*

Jaxon- This is an extremely catchy song that I think a lot of people could find very relatable or pretend to relate to to just have a great time singing along. It’s a fun song that I definitely forgot existed, but I am glad that I was reminded of it. *6/13*

Krystal- This song is the type of music I didn’t know I’d like until I heard it. Her voice is really something special and she uses it perfectly with the instrumentals of the song. I love whenever the Oops! hits and the song reminds me of some of my early 2000s favorites. It’s just got this relaxed and fun sound to it that I can’t get enough of. I can absolutely see why this was a one hit wonder song. *3/13*

Josh- The energy and mood of this song is honestly great. Honestly I’ve heard of this song but I don’t think I ever have sit down and fully listened to it so thank you for giving me that. Her voice is very powerful but I’m sure it came from an era where this kind of music was over-saturated and she fell off. *5/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 6!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 7th place we have... Drew with Video Killed The Radio Star!
Krystal- Something about this song is so original and unlike anything else I’ve ever heard. It holds up to the test of time because there’s just something enduring to it in its entirety. From the almost radio tinny quality of his voice and the way that his voice works contrasted against her voice, it’s all just perfection to me. When I’m thinking back on older songs, this is one of those songs that I can never get enough of. The pacing of the song can drag here and there which is the only reason this isn’t my #1, but it was close between you two. *2/13*

Jaxon- I’m actually not mad this song was posted, it definitely unlocked a memory from my childhood of loving when this song would come on my dads playlist. I’m not sure this song would be successful today, but it was definitely perfect for the time it was released. I love it, I think it’s a fun song with a fun beat. *9/13*

Josh- I know this is a very popular song. People have a deep affinity for it. Something about it is grating to me. I don’t know if it’s the background singers just repeating the title over and over. Theres something I wish I could change about this song but I’m not sure exactly what it is. *10/13*

Deme- Well... there's no way this one can go any lower. I don't think anyone can deny that this song is a bop. *5/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 6.5!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 8th place we have... Chris with Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye ft. Kimbra!
Jaxon- Personally, I think this is one of the poster children for one hit wonders, and honestly, despite knowing the song pretty well I still wanted to re-listen to it. The song is put together really well, is extremely catchy, and definitely was a huge song in my life when it was popping. While I still prefer Kimbras part, I also enjoy Gotyes part. Overall, it’s just a good song IMO. *5/13*

Deme- This is basically THE one hit wonder I think of first (literally where did Gotye go?). I love the sound, I love the vocals (especially when Kimbra's kick in), I love the nostalgia - great pick! *2/13*

Krystal- I feel like the biggest issue with this song is that it’s been so overused. However, listening to it just from the quality of the music it is undeniable that this song does a huge build up and then it pays off. My only issue is that I wish it paid off sooner. But I can’t even lie that I still love this chorus because his voice is so beautiful. *10/13*

Josh- Some people wonder why artists don’t have more than one it. This isn’t one of those times. I really wish Gotye was a 0 hit wonder that way I didn’t have to hear this again. *11/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 7!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 9th place we have... Jason with Nothing Compares 2U by Sinead O’Connor!
Jaxon- Wow. Her voice is stunning, and so quietly powerful. I haven’t heard this song before, and once again I am glad I have now. I honestly can’t get over how good the song was and how wonderful her voice is… I definitely want more from her. Great choice, I think this one just might pay off. *1/13*

Deme- Wow, her vocals are insane? I think I just don't like how slow it is, but I think it was a great pick! *12/13*

Josh- I love that you love this song. Its good to have things that we all love. That’s what makes us unique from other people. You love it, I don’t. That’s where I’ll end that. *9/13*

Krystal- I can tell that this singer has very strong vocals because that’s the part standing out to me. However, the song is very slow paced compared to her voice and I feel like it just doesn’t work out perfectly to me. I do like the notes she hits, though, even if I can’t really get into it. I do feel like her voice pulled this song through because it’s one of the strongest voices I’ve heard in these songs. *7/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 7.25!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Which leaves in 10th place... Kevin with Groove Is In The Heart by Deee-Lite!
Deme- Honestly, I had this one all over the place when ranking it? It's so fun and upbeat, but there's also something about it that I'm not all that into? I can't deny it's a bop, though - and definitely a one hit wonder. Nice choice. *11/13*

Krystal- I’ve never heard this song before but wow it’s honestly fun to listen to. The singer has a nice voice and it works well with the instrumental. All the electronic noises and the sound effects really helped give this chaotic vibe to it. However, I’ll admit that it does feel a bit like a relic of its time, and I can’t get as into it as I’d like. *9/13*

Jaxon- The chorus is probably the only recognizable part of this song for me, and it is definitely iconic. I’m not loving the entire song as a whole, but I am a sucker for a funky beat and an older style when done properly… and I’d say this is done properly. *10/13*

Josh- This is a really fun song. It’s a really good dance groove and I always appreciate that. In terms of uniqueness I can see why this artist remained a one hit wonder. I feel like the real standout of this song is the beat itself and not the person singing it. *7/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 9.25!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
If I call your name you are in the top three...
Kinny
Ev
Rory.
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
In 3rd place we have... Rory with Mr. Saxobeat by Alexandra Stan!
Krystal- I love this song! It’s vibrant, upbeat, and lively with the instrumental being the most integral part of the song. I think the instrumental itself is enough to put it high up on the list, but then we introduce the singer and there’s something so smooth and lovely about her voice that fits it like a glove. The electronic elements of the song work perfectly here, pulling it all together nicely. *4/13*

Josh- I love the beat, and its honestly such a bop. While I understand it isn’t exactly inventive or game changing in terms of music, its sad she never took off. *6/13*

Deme- She really did deserve so much better. Where did she go? I used to listen to this alllll the time. It's so fun and upbeat and I love her voice! *4/13*

Jaxon- This week you guys are really bringing songs out that I forgot existed and really were huge, so good job on doing that. This song is fun, her voice is attractive, the beat is very dancey, it has all the components of a good song. This song leaves me wanting to hear more from her as artist, so I’m going to have to agree with you that ms Alexandra Stan did deserve better. *4/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 4.5!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
The winner of todays challenge is.....

Ev with Hello by Martin Solveig! Congratulations, you have earned immunity for round 4!
Jaxon- Wow this is another song that was really just pulled from a deep crevice in my brain and I am glad that it was. The beat is fun, the singer has a really pretty voice, this song really is a sleeper hit that you can just tune out the world with. I’m glad to see this posted this week. *2/13*

Krystal- Wait, wait, Dragonette? This really brings me back! This song is one of those songs that you can recognize as soon as the vocals kick in which is why it’s going so much higher for me than other songs. I think that the vocals paired with the instrumentals are very well-done and I thoroughly enjoy listening to it, even when there’s no vocals. It’s just a very fun and catchy song. *6/13*

Josh- There are those songs that everyone knows but they can’t tell you who sung it or when it even came out. This is totally one of those songs. I was listening for the first minute and thinking it sounded so familiar and then it all hit me at the chorus. This song totally encapsulates everything a one hit wonder is. *2/13*

Deme: I wasn't expecting to see this one this week! I love love loooove this song. The instrumental is so fun and great, and I love the vocals! Great pick! *3/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 3.25!
1166 days 1 hour ago
Hisoka
Wow good thing I have immunity
1166 days 1 hour ago
Jaxon
Which means 2nd place goes to Kinny with Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne! However, do to a twist next week... you have also earned immunity for round 4!
Josh- Love love love love love this song. Its ageless, its timeless, and its strange how such an iconic song can be the only song that this band is known for. Def classifies as a one hit wonder. *1/13*

Deme- This is... the bop. I've listened to it soooo many times. It never gets old, it has a whole story to it, it sounds great? Great choice. *1/13*

Jaxon- You really showed up late with a banger this go around. While one half of 2000s music is defined by electronic pop music with heavy autotune… the other half is this. Both are pretty iconic to define an era, and I have to say I am a fan of the song. *7/13*

Krystal- This song starts out a bit slow, but as soon as the chorus comes along it feels like a real winner to me. It also tells an entire story and does a pretty good job at it, managing to narrowly walk the line between speak-singing and hitting those notes. The singer’s voice is pretty much perfect for it and it reminds me of favorites from my teen years like Bowling for Soup. I also love the instrumental in it because it’s very helpful in bringing up the song’s energy levels. *5/13*

The four scores combined give you an average score of 3.5!
1166 days 1 hour ago
jason_2_12
Well done guys

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!