This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Round 1: Results Show

Topic » Round 1: Results Show

1170 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
First off, I would like to welcome our 15 contestants to the first results show of the season. Tonight, one of you will win immunity and another will be eliminated.

The way the results show is going to work, is we are going to start out with the person ranked 4th in the averaged tier list- they will receive each judges commentary and individual ranking. It will move on down the list until the 12th ranking, which will make up the safe zone of the night. Rankings 1-3 will be the top three, and rankings 13-15 will be the bottom three.

Within the safe zone, there were three ties- so if you have the same averaged score as another contestant, you ranked equally to them this round.

With that being said... lets get the results started with position number 4!
1170 days 15 hours ago
Jaxon
Fourth place/Fifth goes to... Rory with 911 by Lady Gaga!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- Theres no way I can feel good about myself if I didn’t give this number one. My shelved Chromatica oreos would cry. Just that banger transition between the two songs. You are in a calm serene orchestra performance and then BAM! My biggest enemy is truly myself, and I think we are for a lot of us so its very on theme with the week. Great job! *1/15*

Krystal- I’m a big Lady Gaga fan, but I’ll admit I wasn’t that fond of Chromatica. This song, however, has a lot of electronic voices and a great beat that pulls me in from the start. My biggest problem with the song is that the heavy reliance on an electronic voice and the lack of real emotion seems to be detrimental in places. Much as I enjoy the song, I can’t say that this shows Lady Gaga’s full potential as a singer and it lacks in some places. I am a big fan of EDM, though, so I can’t help but enjoy it regardless. *9/15*

Deme- okay honestly this is a bop. it helps that this is like one of the only songs from this album i'm a fan of, especially with the beginning included because come on. come on. i can definitely understand the type of songs u like from this!! *4/15*

Jaxon- So I loved the Chromatica album, and 911 was one of the immediate standouts from the album for me. However, as I got to know the entire album better as a whole it definitely went from one of my favorite songs to more of the higher end of middle of the road. At the end of the day, an extremely strong entry for me. *8/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 5.5!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Fifth/Fourth place goes to... Donte with My Immortal by Evanescence!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jaxon- I’m not too familiar with evanescences discography, and I’m honestly not sure why. They were huge in the 2000s and the lead singer has one of the best and most quietly powerful voices in the entire industry. It is mesmerizing, to be quite frank. A great first pick and what I think could be an impressive start to the season. *2/15*

Deme- i cannot believe i'm seeing evanescence in the good year of 2021. thank you. i used to hate this song solely because it made me really sad, but i can't deny that the vocals are great and the song itself is, like, legendary. i can definitely see the representation of You in here. *6/15*

Josh- I get why people like this song. I don’t. It just reminds me of either being in a toxic point in my life or having certain toxic people around me that loved this song. *11/15*

Krystal- Evanescence was a huge part of my teenage years. Her vocals in this song are so powerful and beautiful, carrying this haunting quality that pairs up perfectly with the instrumentals. The instrumentals don’t overpower her voice and I can hear her so clearly. I absolutely adore how much emotion I can hear from her voice and I can never deny how powerful a singer Amy Lee is. *3/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 5.5!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Sixth place goes to... Jason with Show Me Love by Robin S!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Josh- I would love to be drunk on the dancefloor at a club when this song comes on. Relate to the words too. Just need someone to show me some love. *4/15*

Krystal- This song is so recognizable that I didn’t even hear her voice and I knew the song instantly. The vocals are incredibly strong, and I like the soft echo that follows it throughout the song. The instrumentals don’t ever overpower how incredible her voice is, either. I’m a bit in love with songs from the 90s and this song is very much a part of that era in every single sense. It’s a real joy to listen to. *5/15*

Deme- oh wow okay she is really going off here. i like the feel of this, and her vocals are just... so good???? holy shit she's amazing??? i can see why this is your favourite! good choice. *11/15*

Jaxon- Before today, I have never heard this song- but wow am I glad I have now. I love the beat and overall feeling of the song. It sticks out immediately as a song that if it came on in the car I would be singing along and having fun while doing it. A great choice in my opinion. *4/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 6!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Seventh place goes to... Drew with Fancy by Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX!
Krystal- I’ve heard this song so much on the radio it’s lost a lot of the song’s original impact. However, I still think there is a lot of potential to it with the strong instrumentals complementing the singers’ voices and the catchy chorus that even I can’t deny sounds good. The video has a lot of fun parts, too, like when the two singers dress up like the characters from Clueless that I’ll admit I’m a sucker for. *10/15*

Josh- Love me song fancy, just wasn’t as strong as some other songs on the list. *5/15*

Jaxon- I am not going to lie… Iggy- I’m not the biggest fan. However, Fancy is one of the most exciting songs that comes on in my shuffle. I know pretty much every word to the rap, and this is definitely one of the two exceptions to Iggy I feel pretty strongly about. *3/15*

Deme- honestly had this one ranked a bit higher originally solely because i used to listen to it 24/7, but i feel like this is the best spot for it. i can definitely get the vibe of the songs you like from this... unless this is who you are as a person?? because that's also so valid?? *8/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 6.5!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Eighth place goes to... Pablo with Call My Name by Charlotte Church!
Deme- this is so iconic??? i've definitely heard this before but i have 0 idea where. i can definitely get the vibe of what type of music you like from this (although i was 100% preparing to rank ME! so way to shock me omg). *10/15*

Josh- A standout song of the bunch, and one I’ve never heard of before. Definitely adding this to my spotify playlist and listening to it until I can’t stand it anymore. Any song about a woman owning and being powered by her own sexuality is always great. *2/15*

Krystal- I’ve never heard of Charlotte Church before either, but I love her vocals. She’s got a very strong and beautiful voice. That chorus is one of the best parts of the song to me! So lively. I don’t know if I cared for the music video very much, though, because it doesn’t seem to be particularly different from others I’ve seen. *8/15*

Jaxon- This was a really fun song. It was spunky and was serving attitude it all the right places. The style of this song is very promising for my relationship with you in this competition, and I could see you going far. My only downside is I wanted just a little bit more in the song to really stand out as a song I would never skip on shuffle. *7/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 6.75!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Kindred7
:o how cool and exciting
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Ninth place goes to... Bryan with Show & Tell by Said The Sky!
Deme- okay i love... literally everything about this. like, i don't know. the vocals, the instrumental, the lyrics??? incredible. the chorus itself is a++ and i love love looove the background vocals during that bit. *2/15*

Jaxon- Another song and artist that I have not really heard before, and I am appreciating the individuality of it all. While I don’t think this song was bad my any means, I would definitely listen to it in a very relaxed, chill mood. However, it didn’t stick out for my personal taste as anything special. I’d say it is very middle of the road. *10/15*

Josh- I wouldn’t change this song if it happened to pop up, but I probably would zone out and not even realize it ended. *7/15*

Krystal- I think this song has a very light-hearted and sweet feeling to it that I can appreciate, but I don’t think there’s a whole lot to the vocals that sticks out to me. When the beat hits, the use of electronic voices and mixing up the sounds of it is fun. I just feel like it doesn’t fit the song much and it’s a bit lackluster compared to songs like this that I enjoy, like Circles by Machineheart ft. Vanic as an example. The instrumental overpowers the vocals way too much and I can’t dig it. *12/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 7.75!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Tenth place goes to... Xakim with Heartbreak Anniversary by Giveon!
Jaxon- Something about this song just was not clicking for me, and I really struggled to find out why. His voice is extremely impressive and he is able to convey emotion, the melody was a vibe, and the song had a story behind it. I’m going to be honest, this probably will not be a high rank for me- but I will keep in mind that every component of a great song was there even though it didn’t quite have that reaction for me. *11/15*

Josh- I think most people can relate to being in a place of heartbreak. Usually I’d skip over a song like this, but I enjoyed listening through it. *10/15*

Deme- ohhhh i feel bad for ranking this so low :( i just... am not a big fan?? and i'm not entirely sure why! the background music is good and the chorus goes off. i can definitely understand the type of music you like from this, so good job! *13/15*

Krystal- I’ve never heard of Giveon and I’m not usually a fan of slow songs, but wow his voice is beautiful! I’ve never heard anything like it, so deep and raw vocally. I’m so impressed by his voice that I can’t focus on anything else and the lack of huge instrumentals to aid that focus is extremely impressive. *2/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 9!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Eleventh/Twelfth place goes to... Ev with Never Ending by Rihanna!
Josh- I like some Rhianna, but this song just kind of felt never ending to me. It didn’t give me that “umph” that I really needed. *8/15*

Deme- i didn't think there were many rihanna songs i didn't know, but here we are. this wasn't the vibe i was expecting from her but i'm pleasantly surprised? i really like the pretty background vocals, and the music itself? vibe. *9/15*

Jaxon- I wouldn’t say I’m a super-fan of Rihanna, but I definitely know all of her radio hits and appreciate her artistry. This song personally, was a little slow for me at first, but what really stands out for me with it is the message it has. The lyrical journey complimented with the speed left me very satisfied with this song. *9/15*

Krystal- Much as I like Rihanna, I’m still not a big fan of slow songs. I don’t feel like this showed me any of her talent and ability. There is certainly that Rihanna sound in there, but it’s hidden beneath the slow beat and the instrumentals. It is a very relaxing and soothing song with a sad feeling to it, though, and I can see some strength here and there peeking through. *13/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 9.75!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Twelfth/Eleventh place goes to... Lukas with Heartless by Polo G!
Krystal- This is the exact type of rap I find myself liking best. There’s a very monotone voice that he uses throughout, but the instrumental perfectly complements it along with the music video’s use of video game hearts over their heads. I feel like this is one of the few songs that doesn’t need particularly strong vocals to stand by itself because the strength lies in the way the song sort of lulls you into a state of calm numbness if that makes sense. *7/15*

Jaxon- Most rap just isn’t my taste. It is an impressive musical genre, and extremely popular… just not for me. The song is good, the flow is impressive, it’s just nothing I would listen to in my free time for myself. *13/15*

Josh- I didn’t love this choice. It wasn’t too offensively bad like some I ranked lower, but it didn’t stand out to me. Don’t let yourself fade into the background. *12/15*

Deme- i wasn't sure i was going to like this as much as i did when the lyrics started, so go off. the music itself is really good, and this one just... works?? it's super clear what type of music you like from this, too! *7/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 9.75!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
This leaves: Kinny, Dusk, Kiara, Chris, Ben & Kevin.

The six of you make up the top performers of this round, and the performers who left all of us judges wanting more.

If I call your name, in no particular order, you were a TOP performer.
Kevin
Chris
and Kinny!

Congratulations, we will reveal your order and the winner of immunity in round 2 AFTER we reveal who has been eliminated.
1170 days 14 hours ago
Jaxon
Now the person who just missed out on the bottom 2, and placed thirteenth on average is...
Ben with The Smartest Intro by Tee Grizzley.
- - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - -
Jaxon- My personal preference, isn’t necessarily anti-rap, but it’s definitely a risky route. Rap songs I tend to enjoy are pretty meme-ish or a fun flow to try and go along with. There was nothing wrong with this song, Tee Grizzley is without a doubt impressive, just not my taste. *12/15*

Krystal- There’s a feeling of urgency to this song that I’m impressed by. He has complete and total control over the speed that the song takes, and he handles it excellently. There is a lot of emotion in this, too, that’s well-done. However, my feelings for the music video are a bit mixed. I like a lot of the horror movie-esque shots and the thunder and lightning throughout, but there are other parts I felt lacked any real oomph to them. *11/15*

Deme- alright, i'm usually not the biggest fan of this type of music, but i actually really like this one! it just sounds... so good? i really liked the beginning part where the music was quieter because he was really going off. great choice! *11/15*

Josh- Nothing about this song is redeemable to me. The beat is lacking, I feel little emotion from the performer. I understand there is a personal story behind what he is giving, but I’m just not wanting it. Hoping to see a better pick next time around. *14/15*

The four scores combined gave you an average score of 12.25!
1170 days 14 hours ago
Kindred7
Wow I’m so glad!
1170 days 14 hours ago
jason_2_12
I loved my pick it’s legit my favourite song ever
1170 days 14 hours ago
sosyomomma
I am that person!

open group

Jaxons Ultimate Song Choice

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!