This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

Week 2 Results + Poll

Topic » Week 2 Results + Poll

976 days 19 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
https://picasion.com/gl/91/f0Mk.gif

Before I go into ranks and our feedback two big elephants will be addressed in the room.
If you noticed our Fan Favorite Braden sadly lost his voice this week and was unable to submit. We sadly say goodbye to someone who I think could have won this game in the finale poll. We are also saying goodbye to LaCroix another talented voice. Both are you are welcomed to reapply for Season 2! With their departures we must expect the unexpected and polls changed from 3 to only 1…don’t worry next week another fun twist will occur and it WILL be more than one poll.

I must say because of the withdrawals two individuals are very blessed because they would have def went home so Team 1 and Team 2 count your lucky stars because you are SAFE. Meaning only members of Team 3 are in jeopardy.

Anyway, everyone please cheer for guest Judge Houston. He was a pleasure and gave a lot of valuable feedback this week.
https://media0.giphy.com/media/6n3JjNkxFokeM3ReGd/giphy.gif?cid=5e214886270b880ec75f29c38ce25367c28243c91dedbb11&rid=giphy.gif

Here is what we have been waiting for!!!

In no particular order, I reveal the top 7 with no regard towards the teams, followed by the ones in the middle, and finally the bottom 2 in today's poll from Team 3. This twist saved a lot of butts tonight looks at Sandy and Akshar. I did not edit judge comments this is the raw reaction.
976 days 19 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
Top 7

Jess: K- I feel bits was a bit echoy but that may have been the quality of your sound where you recorded. Still solid. T- There was some technical issues and It was cutting in and out and hard to hear at parts but still was really good. Like I said last time you put the most emotion into your lyrics I feel and make the songs feel like they're coming from you instead of covering someone else. H- I think the verses of this song REALLY suit your voice, and I was thoroughly impressed. I liked that you made the song your own. The big notes in the chorus weren’t there every time, but literally no one can sing it like Sia so who cares xD. You can tell you had fun with it! Love love love love your tone on the mid range!!

Zach: K- I love the rasp in your voice. Great song choice too one of my favs T- You brought it this week. I love the original version of this song, so I was nervous, but you made it your own your vocals were so clear and so good such a great performance. H- WOW! I was skeptical when I saw the song choice, but I am surprised in the best way possible. You killed that performance! I loved your vibrato on the longer notes // you honestly sound like you’ve been classically trained. Honestly my only constructive feedback is that sometimes when you are ending words your consonant sounds sound a little but exaggerated - but that’s honestly just a personal preference. Great job staying on key. Great job on taking a risk in the song

Stuie: K- I feel that the key change made it a brand new song that I enjoyed hearing. Solid choice. T- I think this song was a much better choice and fit for your voice then last week even though I'm not a big Arianna fan your voice is so good I enjoyed this song anyway great work. H- I was entertained from start to finish. I love that you made the instrumental yourself - very impressive (loved the drip sound effect). I think you did really well at staying on key for the most part! I loved the choice of key too - I think it suited your voice well! I would be so interested to see how you sound on a slower, more stripped song. I think the fun pop songs will get you through for now though, but don’t be scared to PUSH yourself for that big W at the end!

Kenneth: K- I love Harry styles and this song thank you for that. I feel like you sounded like the recording a bit and if you remain for next week I love to hear that Kenneth flavor on a song like you did last week. Make it yours! T- this was a great song choice for you like I said last week I love the rasp in your voice and this lower slower song really highlighted it but even when you went higher it was really good and I appreciate you not yelling at us as much lol. H- Wow wow wow wow I’m impressed! I love your raspy tone mixed with the vibrato. Loved the incorporation of falsetto. This song was a RISK that paid off! I think performances like this will let you sail through many rounds of the competition. Can’t wait to hear you sing a ballad in a later round (I hope) ;)

Jimmy: K- That was a hard song to sing, and I feel you delivered for sure. T- your voice has such a classic sound and I really love it I think I liked your first song choice more than this but still your voice is great I love it. H- loved the use of vibrato throughout the song. You have a natural voice that I think really resonated well with this song choice! Excited to see what you do in future rounds!

Elian: K- I felt you went a bit off-key at parts but I love this song. T- I think Halsey is a really good artist for you to cover your voice fits her type of music really good I enjoyed this a lot. H- - wow I loved this. Everything was amazing - great tone and great range for you! You kept my attention the whole time and I, quite frankly, will revolt if you don’t go far in this competition!

Blogs: K- your voice gave me chills loved it more than last week T- I liked your performance last week but this one was even better I liked this song choice it showed more emotion and your voice is so good. H- I think you did a good job at staying on key for the most part. I appreciated the guitar playing and the fact that you chose a song with some non-traditional chord progressions. The unnatural chords aren’t always easy to sing to but you did that well. I would love to see you push yourself beyond this register. You went for some higher notes towards the end that sounded good - don’t be scared of them, especially in the early rounds!
976 days 19 hours ago
brightongal
Thank you judges I recorded in my bathroom this time LOL
976 days 19 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
The Middle in no particular order

Blu: K- it was a bit low at some parts not sure if you was aware. Another solid performance but was it as strong as last week for me no. T- you have a good voice I just think this song was a bit bland and didn't really showcase your talent like last time. H- interesting song choice, I haven’t heard this one in a minute! I think more modern songs would fit your voice better, but this wasn’t bad!

Joey: K- I can’t wait till your sickness is over. Hopefully you remain safe. T- it was nice being able to hear you sing longer and a slower song. I love the higher register of your voice and thing singing at that tone is better then the few times you went lower in the song. H- I actually really love your tone and the range you sing in… I think it works well for your voice. I do think in future rounds some music would help you. When singing acapella, it’s really easy to shift keys and be unsure of yourself. Loved the energy!

Chris- K- love the song choice. I felt like chorus part was a bit iffy at first. T- your first performance was a lot of fun but I'm glad you went more serious this round and showed us more of you talent. At first I think you were singing to fast and a bit a head of the music but then after the first chorus you slowed down and it became a lot better. H- - I think it was an interesting song choice and I could feel you connecting with the song. You sang it in the original key but an octave lower than the original singer, which, in my opinion, made you stay in your comfort zone. That’s good for early stages but I would recommend in the future if you are going to drop down an octave, raise the key a whole step-ish. I think it will make you more comfortable on low notes. You did well at staying on key though!

Bruno: K- I loved the “youuuu” parts straight chills. T- for me you took a step backwards this week wherever you were singing was really echoing and I was having trouble hearing hearing understanding the lyrics H- There’s no doubt you can sing and you slayed some of the notes at the end. It’s hard to tell what’s going on at some points of this since there was no music… I think a song like this it would help to hear the music behind you.

Burberry- K- I was not a huge fan of your song choice this time. I also felt it was so short it left a lot to be desired. T- you definitely put more feelings into this performance, and it was so good I wish you face us more I was really enjoying it. H- I loved your voice on this- I just wish it was longer! I liked what I heard though, it’s just hard to rank you TOO high when I only heard 1 section. Best of luck

Sandy: K- my love I wasn’t sure if you was chewing at random bits of the song or if it was your mic having issues. T- better late then never I think this was better than last week when this was a really risky song choice but you played it smart and knew your limits and didn't go over the top. H- love the song! I’d love to hear you on something more upbeat next round. I love a risk though!

Jin: K- you improved on the audible breathing pauses and I am happy! Keep on the improving
T- Wow this was definitely the most improved performance from week 1 to week 2 in my opinion you made a huge jump. This song has a special place in my heart as it's the song me and my mom danced too at my wedding. I was nervous when I seen you were covering but I loved it. You killed that because of you note and I didn't think you'd be able to and your accent gives your voice a really unique sound great work this week. H- okay I love your accent! And I really liked that you let your range show through this performance! You did well at mostly singing on key!

Rose Mulet: K- a huge step up from last week that’s for sure. T- this was a good choice for you improved from last round and sounded less nervous about singing without autotune. H- Such a fun song and vibe! There are lots of points during this where I was like wow her tone is one of the best I’ve heard so far. I liked the choice to sing in the lower octave for this song. I think with the perfect song you would thrive. This was good and you did well on staying on key. I think the perfect song for your range would do wonders…. Maybe a Noah Cyrus song?

Kathryne: K- not sure if you forgot some of the lyrics or if you was just having so much fun that you mumbled some words. I was def entertained. T- I liked this performance a lot more then last week you sounded much more confident in your vocals and it was good. Seeing someone cover Whitney always makes me nervous but you didn’t try to do much or be Whitney so it worked out. H- I love this song and appreciated the music video ;). I think a different key (maybe a little higher) would suit your voice well, but this was a fun performance!

Akshar: K- I’m not sure if it’s the nerves or your instrumental but I feel you were ahead of the music a bit. If you move on for the next weeks I hope you fix that. T- again I didn't think this was a great song choice for you I didn't enjoy it I think last week was better. H- love the song choice!
976 days 19 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
Therefore our bottom 2 is

Xanny- K- I can hear the improvement from last week but feel the holding of the notes are still a bit shaky. I hope it you remain for next week we can hear a more modern song from you! T- this is one of my favorite songs but unfortunately it's been covered so much that if you sing it it's gotta be great and I don't feel you put enough heart and soul into the lyrics and were just going through the motions. H- I think this is a tough song to sing, but there were parts that were genuinely beautiful! I think the key of the track made you struggle to hit some of the low notes and made you lose the notes during some of the verses. I think if you are stuggling with low notes in the future, it sometimes helps to alter the melody a little bit or stay on the same note / don’t drop. You dodge the low note but it’s easier to stay on key. Example would be in brightongal’s performance of titanium. Around 30 secs on the “not saying *much*” line….the original song does a lower note, she dodged and stayed on the same note but it worked bc she was on key. Overall enjoyed the performance though!! I hope you move on!

and

Rose: K- I feel like your voice improved a lot from last week as well even with the headache. But I’m not sure if it’s subpar yet to some of the other contestants. Time will tell. T- I liked your last performance better but glad you powered through your headache and got the job done. H- I think you did well! That’s not an easy song to sing bc of the key change but you handled it well! I liked your wide range in this song! Good performance!

Polls be up in a bit! It will close 9pm Sat night !
976 days 19 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
As promised going forward I will include the theme for the following week to give contestants more days to perfect their submission. The official thread to submit will still be posted on Monday and you have till Wednesday to submit. This is just to get yall started a bit ahead of time.

𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝟑 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞: 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭)
976 days 18 hours ago
konohavillage1
Oh wow thank y’all for the feedback

Yeah we were robbed of more Braden/LaCroix RIP

Also still a Ben blogs stan account
976 days 18 hours ago
VanitySmurf
😌
976 days 18 hours ago
konohavillage1
Wait not me using my British song this week
976 days 18 hours ago
Pegasus1234
Glad ya’ll noticed the improvement <3 appreciate being safe and I don’t wanna go up again like I did the first week so I’m looking forward to seeing what I can do for next week
976 days 18 hours ago
MsKathryne
having a lot of fun thanks as always!!! best of luck to everyone!
976 days 12 hours ago
Jameslu
Thanks for the comments judges!! 😁
976 days 3 hours ago
ilovetosing
Thank you judges. Gl to the people in the poll.
975 days 2 hours ago
zach3051
Thanks judges! Will definitely take the critiques into account! Good luck to the people in the poll
974 days 22 hours ago
Pegasus1234
When are the results coming out?
974 days 22 hours ago
Kiara_xoxo
Monday !

open group

Kiara’s Idol

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!