This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM20 - Challenge & Photoshoot (9)

Topic » #NTM20 - Challenge &..

268 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Here's what Judge Jackson has to say about it...

Judge Jackson's comment (sent via mail):
Jonathan (Inquisitive) - Hello Jonathan. I got what you brought and i'm so happy that you brought some habilities to your presentation.
This class is really a more modern class, about the clothes and everything, i wish you were in all black, this would be selling me so much more about the concept, but i do like what you brought here. Even your neck being in all black i think this was a smart move. I can see your eyes analysing everything and i do feel observed. I think you were really smart here. In general you did an amazing job.

Jonathan's Challenge Score - 9.0
268 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
But of course, let's give a big hand to Duckie and Hunter, our two gorgeous models who fought 'til the end. It may be the end of your journey here in #NTM20, but we are hopeful that we can see you back in the NTM stage soon enough.
268 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
And of course, Congratulations, Jonathan! You are now officially back in this competition!
268 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Now, let's head into your photoshoot for the week, which will close the first half of our Megaleg.
268 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #9

"Unique x Flawsome"

Hello, Top 8! Welcome to the deciding factor of the first half of your Megaleg. For this week's shoot, we are going to pay tribute to one of the most thought-provoking shoots, which most recently appeared in the 11th season of the Next Top Model.

This week, just like last week, you are presented with a choice: you can either embrace and showcase what makes you uniquely yourself, what makes you, you, celebrating your individuality and distinct qualities, or you may choose to highlight your "flawsome" side, by definition - used to describe something that is awesome because of its flaws, turning imperfections into assets, and demonstrating that beauty can be found in authenticity and vulnerability.

This photoshoot is a celebration of authenticity and individuality. It allows you to explore and share stories, whether by highlighting your uniqueness or by proudly embracing your flawsome qualities. It's a reminder that beauty is not confined to conventional standards but is found in the genuine essence of each person.

Provided below are some notable samples. 24 hours for the photoshoot, Good luck! x
268 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Notable NTM8, 9, and 11 submissions for Unique x Flawsome:

1.) Dinara Chetyrova - Ranked 1st (Week 10)
https://i.postimg.cc/5NGtR4G3/BESTPHOTO10.jpg
"(This is the REAL Dinara’s life journey that she wrote in her website)
One of the most popular questions I got asked is: “Where are you from?” which is, when I simply answer: “Russia” and people would stare at me simply and blurt out point blank - “but you are Asian” or sometimes they would very gently whisper to me the same thing because someone from Russia usually has a blond hair/blue eyed.

Growing up in Russia in my home town of Tynda in a middle of nowhere I stood out. There were not many people looking like me, so my outsides didn’t match up. In the kindergarten I was told that I am not allowed to play with the toys, because those were for Russian kids only and I was not one of them. One of the sentiments that I have heard most was “Go home!” which was so confusing to me, because in my mind, this was home already, I was born and raised there so where would they suggest I was supposed to be going? One thing was clear that I didn’t belong and so within me, it started that unconscious search for Home.

But NYC changed everything for me. It became home, the one I didn’t even know I was looking for. New York brought me absolute freedom. Here I could finally walk down the street without the need to hold my breath every time I pass by big group of people, the was no need to tense up or keep on looking over my shoulder. I could be whatever I wanted to be, no one cared and I loved it. In this great city my outside and my inside finally matched up.

I love this place so much and people who make it what it is. So if you are reading this, it is my appeal to you - be kind. Change good or bad it always starts small and it always starts within. So at this challenging time and in light of recent events, now is the time to recognize that acceptance, humanism, tolerance, kindness it all starts with us, so let’s allow ourselves and each other find a place, where we would belong and be who we are, free.

So now in my photoshoot I wanted to embrace that “Asian” beauty, that everyone in Russia wanted to trash talk about me and bullying me, which shown by my asian face structural and that brown eye and black hair which most Russian girl doesn’t have. I give more Asian touchy by posing with that little flower (idk if it is sakura or something cause it seems familiar). Here no one would bullying me again for my look and I want people out there who seems like they didn’t belong to a place because of their physical need to be brave and it is okay to be “unique” like what Dr. Seuss said “Why fit in when you were born to stand out” Keep that in your mind"

2.) Saskia de Brauw - Ranked 1st (Week 8) and Top 13 photo overall
https://i.postimg.cc/wTSmsQ6g/BESTPHOTO8.jpg
"Embracing short hair and strong bone structure/facial features in an unconventional and dark way."

3.) Lucky Blue Smith - Ranked 1st (Week 10) and Top 5 photo overall
https://i.postimg.cc/0NZRhZjs/5.jpg
"Now yes anyone can dye you're hair this color but my career most definitely picked up when I dyed my hair this color. I guess it just made me stand out and it attributed to my qualities. Now I do have flaws tons of them. Like my teeth and my hair when I was young but the reason I choose to showcase the platinum blonde hair is because it broke me out as a model and helped me show the world that I can do this. They seen I can do this. I glowed up and showed you can use your flaws to become a great model and you can use something unique about you to also become a great model. Even Ellen Degeneres took a liking to me."

4.) Sui He - Ranked 2nd (Week 10) and Top 4 photo overall
https://i.postimg.cc/tg9Gr8Xk/4.jpg
"Obviously, I picked flawsome as the theme of my photo this week. In this photo, I'm giving my all. I didn't focus on the qualities which made me unique. I took a risk by showcasing my flaws.

In this photo, you will see the imperfections in my facial features such as my thick eyebrows, lifeless lips, and not-so pointed nose. But even with my imperfections, I still manage to produce a high-quality photo. I look beautiful and very confident in my photo. High fashion and fierce.

My facial expression is like someone who is in so much pain and striving to withstand the struggles in life full of mockery and insecurity. You can see the fire in her eyes. The drive to come out on top.

I want this photo to be an inspiration for people who have low self-esteem. We don't have to be perfect in order for us to be successful in life. No one is perfect in this world. Sometimes our flaws are the reasons why we stand out among the rest. With this photo, I encourage everyone to look past their flaws and look at it as an asset."
268 days 10 hours ago
BreadNButter
Not the three what lmao. Thanks Jerard for a fun time. Finishing my journey with another second place lol
268 days 10 hours ago
BreadNButter
But wearing a hood for an urban legend is 7 points
268 days 10 hours ago
BreadNButter
To describe a legend about a mask, that the picture has no mask, and half the hood is cut off from the photo. Choices.
268 days 10 hours ago
Dimitra
Chanel Iman

Unique / Photo : https://www.theplace2.ru/cache/archive/chanel_iman/img/Chanel_Iman_by_Alexi-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

Chanel is undeniably a sexy model. In addition to her shapely body, her facial expression also brings out something very sexy. Without doing it pretentiously it is something that comes out of her. It is what makes her unique, Sexy but without vulgarity. There is something seductive and feminine about it without being raunchy. It's her identity and it's something she loves about herself.

Photo explanation : Chanel was judged by those around her in the past , for all that sexiness she radiates, as well as for the Clothes she likes to wear, calling her provocative and vulgar. So in this photo she comes as a response to all those who have criticized her as vulgar, showing that being sexy is not vulgar and obscene,  is the approach you will see. By looking at this picture she has chosen You can see if you are narrow minded a "Lower Class" girl as some would say, or you can see a sexy girl who knows herself loves herself and has no problem projecting it. The important message of this photo, which Chanel wants to convey, is that : clothes and a body do not make the person and the soul of each person. Express yourself and wear whatever you want.
268 days 8 hours ago
Delano
Anja Rubik
Link: https://imgur.com/a/FlBjkAW

Thinking about the instructions for this photoshoot and the entire trajectory of Anja Rubik in cycle 19 and now in her return, as a favorite, in cycle 20, I realize that the hallmark of Anja is her ability to tell a new story with each photo she is involved in. Be it with the clothes she is wearing, with the position of the body in which she is, with the elements that are part of the scenario of the photo essay and especially with her face. Anja Rubik has a unique style of telling and demonstrating her stories and her criticisms.

In today's photoshoot, Anja Rubik is demonstrating her unique ability to transform with each new photo and her expertise in telling totally different stories, the look on her face and the way she embodies the characters of each photoshoot. In today's story, Anja is a typical American country woman in the 60s-70s, walking through the garden of her home, showing concern about something that is happening nearby. The colorful elements demonstrate an aspect of happiness and tranquility that are characteristic of the rural areas of that time, tranquility that is being threatened by something that those who are seeing the photo, do not know. Anja Rubik's position and face in the photo demonstrate the tone of concern about something that is happening, threatening to end the mess of life in that place.

This photo demonstrates Rubik's ability to transform into a new woman, with a new story, with each photoshoot. It is this ability that makes Anja Rubik unique and authentic in the fashion industry and in her participation of Anja in Jerard's Next Top Model: cycle 19 & 20. One moment Anja Rubik is a model with minimalist, gothic, and abstract aspects, and the next, she's a typical American woman who is worried about something that's going on near her home.

You never know what's coming with Anja Rubik's work. That's being unique. It's being authentic. It's being purely Anja Rubik.

https://i.postimg.cc/NGrc47GW/OwLoTfU.gif
268 days 8 hours ago
brunodrads
*hugs Anja so tight*

OMG I WON MY FIRST CHALLENGE AAAAA TYSM JACKSON ❤️❤️😭
268 days 7 hours ago
Russell11
BreadNButter
But wearing a hood for an urban legend is 7 points

I didn’t give you a 3 so why are you coming for me? See, maybe if you’d focus more on yourself than other people, then you’d probably get the results you’re looking for. Better luck next time ❤️
268 days 7 hours ago
Russell11
That being said, it’s good to be back 😊
268 days 3 hours ago
Minie
KAI

When it comes to photoshoots, I’m mostly seen as a captivating  storyteller, a risk taker who always tries to take different or unexpected approaches to standout even though that may not always work in my favor. But when it comes to my personality, I believe that the house knows me as someone who is emotional, sensitive, empathetic & sentimental and I believe I’ve shown this through some of my work as well.
For this shoot I wanted to go in the direction of emotions. But it’s something that has not been mentioned in the house or the game but something I’m known for globally. My high pitched uncontrollable silly laugh. Yes, just like I can’t control my emotions when I’m sad about the littlest thing, I cannot control my laugh over the slightest thing that would excite me or that I find funny. Some say that my laugh can bring light to the darkest day or bring a smile to the saddest person and  I really hope that’s true.

Please watch this 4 minute video my fans made for me. Cause after that you will know I’m telling the truth. 😁

Now my laugh has definitely become a huge part of me and even though I think it’s silly I kinda treasure this expression that can make someone’s day.

In the shot I am seen completely losing control of my laugh in the middle of a photoshoot. But I’m not going to tell you what I found funny because it was probably not that funny to you. 😅

https://imgur.com/a/hJ0fwGC

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!