This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM19 - Challenge & Photoshoot (3)

Topic » #NTM19 - Challenge &..

370 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Cong: “The model I pick is Anja.

Mhm honestly this was actually a hard decision ... mostly because I could see drawbacks or something off (negative) in most photos, either lighting issues, awkward stances or just meh, so there was no point in changing that *smiles*

However, I'm very entranced by this model's photo that I'm curious to see what else is there. Anja to me your explanation and picture went hand-in-hands so props to you! It was between you and Rianne anyways, solid photos! I'm shaking in my boots *laughs*”
370 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
So Anja, will be using her backup photo which she submitted on time.
370 days 1 hour ago
Jerard
Anja Rubik’s backup shot (submitted on time)

Anja:
“https://imgur.com/a/C2LPjtQ

My concept today is pop art. Working with colors that are opposite to each other, but that together, form a concept related to modernity and futurism as well. It is related to pop art due to the criticism of how people are related to the dynamism of society, but which, in contrast, are standardized and made a standard.”
370 days 1 hour ago
SeongWoo
*shocked*
370 days 1 hour ago
Delano
:P
369 days 7 hours ago
IceBear
Jude Reece’s Comments:

Jackson - WOW!!! I’m getting chills! Your caption really immerses the viewer into your photo’s beautiful eeriness. This looks like the image right after you’ve become a ghost, still stuck between the tree while the fog is ready to engulf you. Art can tell a story and your showcase is top tier.

Tais - I totally see this as a romantic painting. Your explanation proves you’ve done research to check off all the boxes and it payed off. With so many colors popping out at once, you’ve done a great job to not have you, the flowers, or the background clash with one another. There is a lighting issue that makes it a little tough to see you, but I’m a fan of your portrayal.

Simon - I liked your interpretation for this challenge. I love the multiple mismatching layers and the pose works for me. I wish you interacted with the chair in some form, but besides that this is solid work.

V - You’ve clearly done your homework this week. Every detail appears carefully planned to portray you as an upperclass elitist, from the accessories to the way you hold your cup. The lighting makes you appear as it you were painted, only helping your case. I’m a big fan of yours this week!

Liu - You’ve captured my attention and I’m left in awe. I’ve never seen anything like this. The all black fit allows all of the focus to be on your gold head, which works very well. You’ve absolutely nailed this.

Doja - Am I seeing double?!?! I couldn’t stop staring trying to figure out the illusion. I’m actually not the biggest fan of the editing since it looks like you have no neck, but I can appreciate the creative concept attempt.

Du - You embodied a minimalistic approach very well. Your pose in that dress makes you like a sea shell washed up shore and I think it works. The multiple uses of the colors white make me believe in your dreamlike world and I’m all for it. Well done!

Kim W - The color is 100% doing all the talking which helps capture the dream-like presence you wanted. For me, the smile makes you look creepy rather than relaxed and completely alters the nature. The drink is an odd choice, but blends in enough to not be too distracting. With a few alterations, this could have been one of my favorites this week.

Rianne - You’ve captured exactly what you described. It’s a tough balance to let the scenery be so prominent without getting overshadowed and you’ve made sure to stand out with your contrasting bright colors. You look relaxed in this mystical forest and your inspiration pic proves how accurate you nailed this theme. Great work!!!

Steph - Blue hands round 2! This time it feels less out of place given the theme. It was tough to figure out what your intention for this week, but your pose makes you believable as a statue. Solid work!

Anja - Your first photo was stunning so I understand why you were picked to switch photos. Your explanation helped me understand how your color choices contained pop art aspects, but it’s not crystal clear that was the theme, especially with the added flowers. I do like your period piece/modern combination look and I could totally see this as a statue in an exhibit.
369 days 5 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will be tonight @ 6 PM EST :)
368 days 23 hours ago
deshonBANNEDISBACK
Saskie de Brauw comments:

Jackson Yee - This photograph is breathtaking. I love the entire story that that is translated in this picture. I like your inspiration and focal point being the Aokigahara. The juxtaposition between the dark and eery vibe while simultaneously being quite beautiful and relaxed is enthralling. Well Done!

Taís Araújo - I liked of translating the essence of two artists- Charles Edward Perugini & Jan Frans van Dael in your photograph. I see qualities and inspirations of both artists being represented well in this picture. This photograph is the epitome of elegance and grace, which I’ve noticed is something you do well as a model. Your eyes are very striking in this photograph and tell a story, which I love.

Simon Nessman - I think you look lovely in this picture, and I do see myself seeing this photograph in an Ad campaign or fashion magazine, however I am struggling to connect the museum and art aspect in this photo. As far as the styling  of this photo, I think there is a lot going on which can be a hinderance because it feels like the clothes are wearing you and not the other way around.

V - After looking at your inspiration from the  Abundance of Fruit, I have to say I love the idea between color and shadow within your photograph. You managed to take aspects of the fruit and relate it in your photograph, while also using the lighting to also capture the shadow element. You look expensive and modelesque. Very good.

Doja Cat - I love the hypnotic feel of this photo. It’s feel like I am getting caught in an alternate universe. The styling of this picture, you look quite beautiful in this dress. My problem with this photo is the angling of your head. I wish you had elongated your neck a bit to give yourself dimension. I also wish you would’ve went further with your representation of art here, like I get the feeling but I want more.

Du Juan - This is breathtaking and I love how ethereal you look yet broken down you look with your broken-doll pose. You almost look as if you're floating which is mesmerizing. This vibe is very soft and graceful, yet the intensity and fierceness in your eyes is polarizing.

Liu Wen - I love how the focal point of the photo is the Brain. You committed to an inspiration and made it the focal point which is commendable. However, I hate to say- I am just not mesmerized by this picture artistically. I think your pose is kind of on the basic side and the background (with the random tire) isn’t really captivating me.

Kim Woobin - I like the calming element with this picture. I think it’s smart to choose one color and present it in different forms/shades, which brings out the art element in your photograph. However, I am not keen on your posing in this picture. It almost takes away from the art in the photograph. The drink in your hand takes this photo from being artistic to more of a commercial campaign advertising for a drink.

Rianne Van Rompaey - I love this photograph. You hit the nail on head 100% with your inspiration. I can totally see this being an actual painting. This scenery of this is truly amazing- it gives this haunting and mystical feeling which I love. I love how the background is so dark, yet you are kind of offsetting that with vibrant and bold patterns in your clothing. It’s a nice contrast being light and dark here.

Steph - Hmph. I want to like this picture but I am not really sure what to look at first or what’s the clear inspiration of the picture. Had you put more effort in expressing that in your explanation I think I would’ve understood more. There is a lot of elements going on in this picture, from the hat, the outfit, and the blue hands and I am not sure if I entirely get what this is trying to portray. Other than the art vibe of the picture, I think this is okay.

Anja Rubik - Having to submit twice definitely could’ve put you at a disadvantage, but you rose to the occasion. This photograph is definitely a breath of fresh air. It’s more modern yet still feels like a timeless piece. I love your statuesque pose as well as the mime-like facial expression being portrayed here. Nice work.
368 days 23 hours ago
Brandonh1
Anja Rubik (Delano) - I didn't see the first photo, but I do like this shot. I love the use of color, which helped the white background. The statue poses mixed with the mime facial expression were solid as well.

Doja Cat (Ajathekween) - Doja, I like this illusion/hypnotic look you are trying to convey. I can see something like this displayed on a canvas, and as someone walks by, the illusion occurs.

Jackson Yee (SeongWoo) - Jackson, I like this shot, from the pose to the different effects surrounding the photo. Your explanation was well thought out, and everything you tried to convey was put into words. I can see something like this in a museum, so good job!

Du Juan (humanwebjet1) - This shot is paired with so much white can be risky if it's not done correctly. You did an outstanding job still standing out amidst the lack of color. I love the pose; you look amazing in the dress, which also helps you stand out in this shot. This is another that I can see up on a canvas in a museum, so good job!

Liu Wen (coolKat) - I agree with Judge Reece; the black clothing does help put the focus on the "gold brain," which is smart for drawing someone's attention to one centralized thing. I can see people in awe walking past something like this.

Rianne Van Rompaey (Rubes) - Rianne, I was not expecting to see this type of shot! I believe everything you explained in your explanation was depicted in your shot. I like to use color with the greenery surrounding all the colors you're wearing, so great job!

Simon Nessman (LaCroix) - I must agree with Judge Saskia. This looks like an Ad campaign which isn't what we're going for here. I am guessing the clothing and pose is what you are conveying as "Art," so I think further elaborating on what your photo is conveying would have made this much stronger.

Steph Shiu (icyz) - This shot was tiny, but no worries, I zoomed in. Steph, you're going after the whole statue theme, which isn't bad; however, this photo isn't giving much in terms of art.

Kim Taehyung "V" (Minie) - Kim, I see what you were going after with the "Abundance of Fruit" concept, which is often translated with wealth, as you mentioned. I also know how you paired this with a suit and tea cup to showcase further that wealth piece you spoke of. The darkness in the background brings further attention to the fruit and other color contrast in this shot, so good job!

Tais Araujo (justdiana_) - Tais, this is an excellent shot. I like the flower accessory, which was an homage to Jan Frans van Dael, which also compliments the red surface you're lying on. I do, however, wish this was a full-body shot, but I will say this does look like a realistic painting.

Kim Woobin (camell22) - Kim, I love the color scheme, which can be viewed as "calming" by adding the flowers, which also have the same color scheme. Two things I do not like about this shot 1) The drink, I can see that being the first thing someone looks at, which is not the overall focal point of this shot, and 2) The pose and direction you're facing with the smile that Judge Reese called "creepy" which it kinda is I don't know if you're going to ask me if I want some candy or something

Garrett’s Top 4 in NO particular order:

Rianne Van Rompaey
Kim Taehyung “V"
Du Juan
Jackson Yee
368 days 20 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Jackson - Starting off with a bang! Great job here Jackson. What you showcase here is just pure art and the way you connect things really sums this all up together pretty well. I also took notice of how eerily and quiet this photo is which also is what your target was. This is really well thought off.

Tais - Well, this was pretty surprising. I am a fan. First off, that background definitely feels like it's a painting. The colors were definitely a huge factor in why I immediately took a liking. The flowers were a nice touch. I must also say that you really did your research on this one and it really paid off, you've put in all the effort of combining a few different things and just mashed them up really well.

Simon - I see where you're going, I just don't know if it was as convincing as what I've seen before you. This is far from a bad shot because it's really good, facial expression is top-notch. The use of different textures is definitely up there. I would agree with Judge Saskia here, this being an ad campaign or commercial-themed shot: we'll be talking differently.

V - You keep on surprising me, V. Your explanation was put really well together. The connection you gave us was a smart move, so we definitely had a baseline. To the smallest of details, you manage to capture wealth. And the way you are staring at the camera and telling a whole story. Well done!

Doja - Again very different take, you are becoming one memorable contestant in NTM history. Was I the biggest fan of the editing? No. Did it manage to convey the "art" needed? Very much. I would agree that a little more explanation might have elevated this one to more extreme, this was still a good job.
368 days 20 hours ago
Jerard
Juan - Another day, another slay. You have been killing it really Juan. The first look, I was like "what's so different here?", but the longer you look at it, the more you appreciate this art and the illusion, the story. I do agree with Judge Garrett, with little to no color at all, it was a huge risk if we're talking about art, if you tell me. But you managed to stand out amidst that.

Liu - What a comeback, Liu. With this shot, you showed us that you deserved that spot here in NTM, and your first win wasn't just a fluke. This would be a standout or an attraction in a museum if you ask me. The all-black outfit really made the brain the center of attention and definitely will have visitors something to talk about.

Woobin - While I feel this shot hits the theme, overall it felt flat for me. The color scheme, again pretty smart and a huge factor in why this is visually pleasing to look at. But closely looking at it, I was distracted by the little things, like how this suddenly turned out to be a "drink" commercial and how I think it would've been better if the facial expression just feels calmer.

Rianne - I love this photo. At first look, I thought it was a painting that I clicked your reference shot, but then it was your submission. While I must say this was a pretty risky shot since you were a little part of the photo itself, you were a strong presence because the colors were popping out. Job well done!

Steph - Going into this photoshoot, you need to be impressive enough since you started off with a not-so-good challenge score. Now I believe this is really one good shot, definitely giving a statue for me. While I believe this wasn't much of a standout tonight, this for me wasn't the worst submission either.

Anja - I must say your first submission was really good, so I believe Juan made the right choice with that. I see this being a collection or a tribute special to one rising artist. This is very different, very unique Anja I am seeing. Considering you had your original shot replaced, you manage to give it all as well in your back up shot. Good job!
368 days 20 hours ago
coolKat
Can anyone link to Tais’s and Anja’s new shot I can’t view them for some reason
368 days 17 hours ago
camell22
(Yeah it was either that or one where there was a fist in the way of the shot XD)
368 days 17 hours ago
SeongWoo
368 days 15 hours ago
coolKat
Oh thank you Jackson!

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!