This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM18 - Challenge & Photoshoot (4)

Topic » #NTM18 - Challenge &..

901 days 5 hours ago
humanwebjet1
He Cong - Maleficent

"Maleficent represents pure evil. She is ruthless, dark, devious, and will do whatever it takes to achieve her evil goals."

When a villain is identified, all their actions from that time on are magnified and scrutinized heavily by the characters in the movie and definitely its audience! However, one thing that I've noticed is that most people forget or overlook the reason why they are so evil ... who pushed them towards that way?   There are multiple versions and interpretations of Maleficent but this is what I gathered:

- In the original version, Maleficent was evil, while in this version Maleficent was a tragic hero, she is shown to have morals and remorse, and only became evil when King Stefan betrayed and mutilated her.

I decided to show and focus on a younger version Maleficent, one who is curious and mindful of what's ahead of her. Even though, black is seen as a negative colour it doesn't always have to be. It can also be shown as a symbol of protection and comfort! Here I am styling this beautiful black gown and channeling a younger Maleficent who looked forward to her daily life until it got squashed in front of her and turned her completely evil.

https://az617363.vo.msecnd.net/cmsroot/imgmodels/media/content/hecong_voguechina_oct15/vogue-china-05.jpg
901 days 5 hours ago
coolKat
Luka Sabbat || Quasimodo ||

From what I remember of this movie, watching it as a kid. Quasimodo was shunned by the townsfolk. He resorts to staying up in the bell tower due to the hatred he would receive if he left. He often looks at the townsfolk from the safety of the bell tower longing to be with them.

Here I’m depicting Quasimodo. I’m sitting near the window to demonstrate the observing of the townsfolk he would do. It is also dark, as I’m pretty sure the only thing that illuminated his home in the bell tower was the natural light and candles. And my face shows the sadness Quasimodo had faced due to not being able to enjoy his life normally.

Although Quasimodo was normally cheerful and didn’t let the fact people shunned him get in the way he still wanted a normal life and wanted to be able to interact with others, and this is depicting the emotions he felt while observing the people he wasn’t allowed to be around

https://i.imgur.com/Nw3Rtxg.jpg
900 days 21 hours ago
jfaia
Nastya as Aurora

In the original fairy tale, the princess actually sleeps for 100 years before she is finally awakened by the prince's kiss.

So with this photo, I want to portray the wait for the prince. She´s patiently waiting for her prince charming to come and kiss her. This gives a melancholic feel to it with the white roses that represent peace and love.

https://imgur.com/a/XRJ0GTo
900 days 15 hours ago
Ajathekween
Barbie as Snow White

https://mam-nyc.com/tee-hundley-masthead-magazine-photographer-albert-watson/#

Snow White's story was started after the evil queen was jealous after her natural beauty. So I am giving you natural and effortless beauty. Portraying an innocent and peaceful Snow White.
900 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
900 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
I will see you on the panel, November 19, 3:30 PM EST. Goodluck!
900 days 10 hours ago
Ajathekween
Barbie as Snow White

https://d2kq0urxkarztv.cloudfront.net/5dc49defaa38fb2771935783/1727586/upload-e2f72c3e-6818-418e-8188-1ccad5ec0e54.jpg?w=1440

Snow White's story was started after the evil queen was jealous of her natural beauty. So I am giving you natural and effortless beauty. Portraying an innocent and peaceful Snow White.

(I spoke to Jerard he gave me the go)
899 days 6 hours ago
tast519
Jon:

Tanya – Ooh. Alice you are! The pose is cute and works for this photo.
Malaika - i prefer the second one! Your hands, hair, wardrobe, and fragility give Mother Gothel. There's this also subtle wickedness. Amazing job.
Jourdan – You’re giving feminine captain hook. You took captain hook and model and blended the two.
Shanina - I love the idea and you look pretty, but I think it’s another photo of you keeping it pretty safe in the emotion and pose of the photo. Overall, still a good photo, but not a  winning one.
Sasha - Ooh. Cruella Deville. I see it and you’re modeling through the white.
Reece - another beautiful photo of you! I love this photo waist up. I don't mind your legs too much, but I think everything waist up is just perfection for Pocahontas. Nice work.
Yibo - this is my favorite photo of you in weeks! You look cute and I think your femininity, posyness, and yellow outfit remind me of Belle.
He Cong - flawless! I didn't even have to read your description to know this was Maleficient. Your photo says it all. Amazing work.
Luka - You went purely for the emotion vs how quasimodo looks, which I'm not a fan of. What saves this photo from being an absolute tragedy is your slight hunch. I think that coupled with your stunningly emotional face makes this a fairly solid effort.
Nastya - you're so weird, but I think you're growing on me. You are definitely a sleeping beauty and I like how you're staying true to what you're known for with your overall vibe.
Barbie -  I kind of see this as a sexy snow white with your red lipstick, hair, and overall vibe. Not the closest resemblance, but I kind of see it.
899 days 6 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Barbie Ferreira (Ajathekween): I in a way can see the “Natural Beauty” theme you’re portraying but I’m going to also agree with Judge Jon it’s not the closes resemblance.

He Cong (humanwebjet1): He, I like this shot the dark outfit brings out everything else in the shot which is good. You relied on the outfit or the color of an outfit which is something that a few other models did as well however your photo worked slightly better than there’s because this is something Maleficent would wear or I could picture her wearing also the background brings out the dark contrast with your photo.

Jourdan Dunn (txashaun): I agree it was for sure a huge risk going with a male character as a female model. Jourdan with your shot I can see hints of Captain Hook, for example, the outfit including the hat gives pirate and that’s pretty much all I have to go off of with your shot as you relied on the outfit which is pretty much the safe route.

Luka Sabbat (coolKat): I have to agree with Judge Jon, you went for the emotional side of things however to me this shot doesn’t look that professional it almost looks like something snapped off an iPhone and posted which takes away from the picture itself. Again I have to agree with Judge Jon you didn’t deliver the full concept of Quasimodo.

Malaika Firth (spinfur): First off I found it quite interesting you chose Mother Gothel when reading your description I was a little worried about how you would pull this one off BUT you pulled it off. I liked your second image more than the first as I feel everything about it screams evil and screams Mother Gothel so if you didn’t have the advantage of the two images the second one in my opinion would have been the one to go with.

Nastya Zhidkova (jfaia): I like that you made this photo your own and that’s sometimes tough to do, keeping your originality yet giving what was asked. I for sure can see the whole sleeping beauty theme with your photo if I had no idea what character you chose and looked at your photo I would 100% know it’s Sleeping Beauty.

Reece King (IceBear): First off I believe it was a risk as a male model to go with a female character I said that earlier for Jourdan and I’ll say it again for you Reece. I’m not getting the full Pocahontas vibe from your shot. I think the way you should think about if your photo truly gave what was asked and more as if someone viewed your photo that had no idea what the theme was or character you chose and someone else asked “What Disney Character is being depicted” and that person can answer “Pocahontas” then you did your job if they’re a little confused then you didn’t.

Sasha Pivovarova (nateclove): Sasha, With your shot, it took me a few seconds to like your shot if I am being honest because you have to really look at it and process everything you’re giving in the shot. I love the white I think it for sure brings a focus to the dog. I can see the 101 Dalmatian/Cruella inspiration with your shot so overall good job.

Shanina Shaik (hazbez94): Shanina, I see you solely relied on the outfit part of the task instead of really giving the full package. I love the shot I think it’s a very beautiful photo that could have been used in later weeks but for this particular week, it’s a very safe shot.

Tanya Dziahileva (Sebbers): Tanya, I for sure can see the whole mischievous facial expression here in your shot which is something Alice was known for I think with the facial expression and the small details in the shot such as the small cakes and scenery behind you helped make your shot better you did, however, lose me with the veil and the dress but other than that great job.

Wang Yibo (SeongWoo): Another male model representing a female character. I said it earlier for Reece and I’ll say it again in a slightly different way you have to make your image crystal clear so no one’s guessing what you’re trying to do. In your description, you stated you were illustrating the yellow peasant look however Belle's “peasant” look is blue her dress was yellow which kinda confused me as I was trying to figure out which look you were trying to pull off. The shot itself I’m not a fan of.

Garrett's Top 3 In NO Particular Order:
- He Cong
- Malaika Firth
- Nastya Zhidkova
899 days 5 hours ago
SeongWoo
Translator problems. The true sentence should be "I decided to incorporate an yellow peasant outfit as the focal point mixing both concepts."
899 days 4 hours ago
coolKat
I’m not going to fake a hunch for a photo that seems like I’d be making fun of someone’s disabilities. So yes I went for the emotion, I went for the feelings.
899 days ago
wileycoyote
Tanya: This is a great photo and you nailed the theme, im really impressed here

Malsika #1: This is a very strong photo, i feel like you could bring some more fear or determination into it but overall very happy with this

Malaika #2: I really like this photo, it captures the obsessive and controlling nature i assosiate with gothel, i cant help but feel like your explanation coulda sold it more though

Jourdan: its great to see you stepping outside the box a bit, i really like this shot, its a bit literal but nothing wrong with that and the hand offscreen being the hook is genius

Shanina: you definetly hit the theme buy something about this doesnt hit the mark for me, mainly the posing, jasmine as you said is an independent spirit and your posing is closed in and claustrophobic in a way that doesnt feel intentional, you look beautiful though and overall its a solid shot

Sasha: My main issue here is that your being swallowed up, we need your expression go nail it to prevent that, i also think you took this very literally and the dog feels awkwardly added in

Reece: Something about this feels very surreal and offputting but i think your explanation sells that as a feature very well, im concerned theres a bit to much dead space but overall good job

Yibo: Simple but effective, its very literal but you do good job overall, the photo itself feels very solid just needs that little something to help it stand out

He: not the interpretation i expected but i like your thought process, i dont totally see where you coming from but it fits enough and the photo itself is stunning

Luka: I love that you didnt go for the obvious here and i disagree with jon i have no issue with you not trying to emulate how he looks as that would miss the point to me and be tone deaf, i really think its a great approach just my main issue is the lighting from the window is swallowing you

Nastya: ive been worried about you over the last 2 times ive seen you but this is where your strengths truly shine, your surreal style really brings what is already a strong shot to that next level and im very happy with this shot, only worry is i think your a bit swallowed up in it

Barbie: this feels like a very simple approach to the theme, this is my 3rd time judging you and again youve gone from a complex theme to a simple generic descriptor, you cant keep simplifying themes to "fun" and especially not "beauty" most of your shots show beauty we need more then that and im frankly disappointed because its clear your taking the lazy way out
898 days 23 hours ago
nateclove
Not again
https://c.tenor.com/cqO80aqskHAAAAAM/black-girl.gif
898 days 18 hours ago
Jerard
Panel adjusted 15 minutes. November 19, 3:45 PM EST. Goodluck!
898 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Tanya (Alice from Alice in Wonderland) - Visually, I can see the inspiration, the setting, the tea party, in your case, the cakes. The littlest of details will make you think Alice in Wonderland theme is this. The right hand with the cake covering it felt a bit weird, but everything else felt right. With also the side note you added, didn't notice any difference at all. Great job!

Malaika (Mother Gothel from Tangled) - For your first photo, I am very impressed you did get to that dark vibe wasn't expecting it, but it's really good. But I must say, the second photo takes the cake. It captured the whole dark, sinister, something-bad-is-about-to-happen vibe. Stunning! Best I have seen you so far.

Jourdan (Captain Hook from Peter Pan) - Never would I predicted you would pick Captain Hook from the couple of characters I've picked for anybody to do this week. That said, I am actually impressed. The outfit, very much a plus. I agree with Judge Marlon, you adding to your explanation the hand not being there which may present a hook was smart, this is fashion model Captain Hook.

Shanina (Princess Jasmine from Aladdin) - This looks beautiful, this time you delivered something different. The black and white filter was a nice touch, it shows full emotions. Now in regards to incorporating it with the theme, I would have loved to have seen more - especially with your description of "fiercely independent" something that did throw me off.

Sasha (Cruella DeVille from 101 Dalmatians) - I did picture you going with more evil characters, I am glad you did pick Cruella. Now, I appreciate you did include one of the biggest elements in the film it being the dog. The makeup could have been on the stronger aspect to maybe scream more, but that's just me being nit-picky.

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!