This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM18 - Challenge & Photoshoot (2)

Topic » #NTM18 - Challenge &..

911 days 17 hours ago
SeongWoo
Yibo | Fashion & Fantasy | https://i.imgur.com/PeymelO.png

I'm giving the fashion and my background is giving the fantasy. It's a hard MET, their styles don't reflect the actual MET Style, so i'm kinda mixing old and new one.
911 days 16 hours ago
IceBear
Reece King - Camp: Notes on Fashion

https://mediaslide-europe.storage.googleapis.com/supa/pictures/596/2822/large-1634032688-447eceaedb555a6b47ba2acf77f71d37.jpg

My interpretation of camp art is inverting something considered distasteful into high art.
911 days 16 hours ago
spinfur
https://mediaslide-europe.storage.googleapis.com/premier/pictures/2304/3618/large-1487864580-dab9a7709e4110dbd91a247aeee0e0e9.jpg

My theme was assigned superheroes and fashion with fantasy, given the theming, I decided to focus on the superhero aspect and tried to give very superhero esc themeing with my look and posing.
911 days 16 hours ago
hazbez94
https://aconsciouscollection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ACC-Shanina-Shaik14.jpg

When I think of technology, I think of the future. I wanted to emulate this in my attitude, beauty and style creating a futuristic creation through the imagery. I hope you enjoy
911 days 15 hours ago
txashaun
Jourdan Dunn | G O D D E S S |

“From the clothing of ancient Greece to such modern evocations as Madame Grès's emblematic creations and Versace's Neoclassical loincloths, classical dress has profoundly inspired and influenced art and fashion through the millennia.

I will keep my description short this time. I've decided to take on the ultimate classical look.
My version of A Greek Goddess! #GoldenGoddess
https://imgur.com/a/mAxIlPT
911 days 14 hours ago
coolKat
Luka Sabbat - Chaos to Couture

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/9e0/ad4/dda7e434646bd68cde8f732d41f2811386-01-luka-sabbat-5.2x.rdeep-vertical.w460.jpg

I think this outfit is true to old school punk.

The studded pants, the long cape in the back.

Put together in a very fashionable way that doesn’t scream. Oh this is obviously punk, which is I think what the whole point of this gala was.
911 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
911 days 14 hours ago
Jerard
Panel will be posted on November 8, 6 PM EST. Thank you and good luck! x
910 days 16 hours ago
tast519
Jon: This theme was a HARD one. You should be proud of yourselves for getting through and persevering. Now, onto judging:

NOTES ON FASHION
Jimin- I like this look. The Notes theme seems complex, but I think this captures the overall theme very well. Simple and classic.
Reece - I'm shocked to see such a feminine photo from you! I love it. It hits the theme and adds a lot of creativity too. Nice job.
FASHION AND THE CATHOLIC IMAGINATION
Cong - I love your outfit. I hit the theme. I think everything else about this photo's kind of boring, especially compared to your stellar week 1 shot!
Gigi - I know you’re portraying St. Joan based on the IG caption, but this doesn't seem like a photo for this theme at all. I think a description could've helped me connect the dots.
FASHION IN THE AGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Barbie- I like how you went for a fembot character and this outfit could easily fit into this exhibit!
Shanina – I don’t know if I could see this outfit for this met given the example photos, but I think it works with age of technology. You look beautiful and like a futuristic woman!
PUNK
Luka - Luka... I'm so glad you were assigned punk. I didn't know you could turn out a shot llike this, yet here you are proving me wrong. You definintely look the part and are embodying the theme. NIcely done.
Tanya - you are turning the chaos to couture here. I LOVE how you picked a concrete example from the gallery to refernece with the DIY hardware, because it makes this photo even more on point. You nailed this theme. Nicely done.
FASHION AND FANTASY
Malaika -  I see a hint of superhero in your confidence and your boots. With how well you've been doing thus far in my eyes, I was surprised by how boring of a photo this was.
Yibo - I can kind of see the superhero look in the power of your legs and the red in your outfit and the spikes. It gives anime hero. But, that's a stretch!
CLASSIC
Jourdan - I love how you modeled this dress! This is a nice representation of the theme.
CUBISM
Nastya – this was a hard complex description and I think you held your own.
Sasha – This embodies exactly what I got from the description. The outfit has all kinds o f shapes and your pose is also very stoic and angular too.
909 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Tanya (Punk) - This theme tends to be more specific than the other Gala theme, but I really think you did what was asked. You studied the theme very well and it definitely showed. It also shows your desire to be in this competition, that said, I think this was a step up from the first week.

Nastya (Cubism) - Now this is something different. Back in 1998, this would've easily been a stand out I must say looking back on the pictures of those who have attended. The water addition was a bit weird, but just me being nit-picky. I for sure think this is the hardest theme, but you, as Jon said, held your own.

Gigi (Heavenly Bodies) - This definitely reminded me of Zendaya's portrayal of Joan of Arc. But an explanation could have helped. Looking into further details this wasn't an exact replica, and for that, it made me like this more. The color of the setting was a bit weird I must say but doesn't take away the fact that you looked beautiful and definitely did the assignment.

Sasha (Cubism) - With this theme, you can easily be thrown into the back, but with the right materials, you could easily stand out. And for me, you did the latter part of that statement. You look pretty different here from what I've seen you so far, you did the assignment not just in your outfit but your posing as well. Great job!

Barbie (Manus x Machina) - Your outfit isn't one of those you could've easily guessed and would need some context. And I am glad you did just that. You studied the theme pretty well, gave us some facts about the theme, read through it, and deliver this shot. The theme was a hard one but you turned that to your advantage. Great job!

Cong (Heavenly Bodies) - This is just stunning! I definitely could have seen this be worn by one of the celebrities in Met 2018. The dress wasn't screaming as loud as what I would normally see on Met Gala for the last few years, but you are hitting the theme and giving us face and that's enough.

Yibo (Superheroes) - The theme definitely took a toll on you, that said it was one of the older themes, and looking back on their photos, this would've been a standout. Now, with the fantasy aspect, the background helped you a lot and transformed this photo in a way that is believable enough.
909 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
Jimin (Camp) - I would've loved a little bit of explanation with regards to your styling. That said I did pick up where you're going, and I think you did pretty well. Now, I must also say that the photo itself wasn't as polished as I would've liked, the cropping below just the leg was weird. But again you did nail the theme.

Reece (Camp) - Oh wow Reece! This definitely would be a scene-stealer, not just on "Camp" but other Met Gala themes as well. A lot of creativity was put in this shot, your dress was theatrical and big yet you weren't outshined. Two weeks in, and you're really making a name right here in NTM.

Malaika (Superheroes) - One thing about superheroes is that they exude so much confidence, and that's what I am seeing here. The boots were definitely a nice touch and gave me superhero vibes, the outfit, I can see you pulling it in a Met, maybe just not this one. That said, while it wasn't a bad shot, I did see this wasn't on the level when we first saw you.

Shanina (Manus x Machina) - Looking at the themes given for this round, I for sure didn't expect you to get Technology for the Met. That said, I think it was a good job for our challenge winners. While this isn't "Met Gala" enough for me, this does exude the other half: the particular of the theme which is futuristic.

Jourdan (Goddess) - Easily the best shot of the night for me. This is grand, extra, and very modern Met. You not only did the assignment of attending a Met, but you also did not forget you are in the NTM competition. You, alongside Reece, may have given the others a hard time, you did play through your advantage and it definitely worked in your favor. Good job!

Luka (Punk) - Well Luka, look what we have here. Another stellar shot. This one for sure is Met Gala material, enough to just get the crowd really looking and paying attention. You are continuing to impress me and I am all for that. Also, just a small detail, but the way the cape flew (or was thrown) made this shot a little extra.
909 days 22 hours ago
Jerard
I believe our two judges are currently doing their comments right now. After they posted their comments, we'll proceed with your panel immediately.
909 days 22 hours ago
rahrah
Francisco:

Gigi - This is hard because the shot itself is soo good and would have worked in so many other themes. You really needed to focus more on an elegant gown look with heaps of jewels.

Nastya -  What a hard category you got with Cubism, but you did the best you could I think. The colours are spot on but in saying that there is a lot of clear fabric which is not really cubism. Overall though the shot is really good and loves the boots.

Tanya - Wow this shot is soo good, the leather and the belts definitely showcase the punk feel. It is not as chaotic as what the theme is after but overall really good job.

Reece - This is such a great shot for this theme, this is what I was after with a playful, fun vibe. Excellent job Reece.

Wang Yibo - I get what you are going for here, I'm not fully sold on the concept for Fashion and Fantasy. I really would have loved to see more colour and metallic cause honestly if this outfit was for Punk you would have killed it.

Barbie - Beautiful, the makeup is gorgeous the outfit is on-brand for the theme. It is really good, great job.

Sasha - AMAZING WORK! the whole outfit looks so well done and is exactly what cubism is. Use of colours and shapes. Overall great image.

Luka - This is such a great shot for you and very different from what you are used to. The background is plain and looks a little unfinished but the actual fashion works so well with this theme.

Malaika - The boots are spot on but everything else is not really Superhero feel. Your shot is so well but you really need to focus more on the brief cause it was challenging this week.

Park Jimin - I like the shot but the outfit is a little bland for this category, this category is so colourful and playful. Idk I just wanted more.

He Cong - I actually really like this image, I think it fits the theme really well. It may be a little basic compared to others but it still works.

Jourdan - SOO GOOD, this shot is amazing and is on the theme. Love it, an excellent job. You had a really good week this week.

Shanina - This was a little basic for me, you could do so much for this theme. Idk I just was not feeling this look.
909 days 21 hours ago
SeongWoo
Wait... I forgot completely about superheroes when reading my concept oh god... Im screwed

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!