This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (10)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1361 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Photoshoot #10

"Finland"

Hello Top 7, and Congratulations Xi for obtaining your spot in the Top 6. Now since we already had a few days here and you may have traveled a lot already, it's time to do something fun for the shoot and also to learn new things to where we are now, Finland. Your photoshoot this week is a first come first pick, so choose wisely.

For your photoshoot this week, we are talking about the cities and towns that make up this beautiful land, The Land of a Thousand Lake. You are going to pick on the vast choices of towns and cities of Finland. What will you do about it? you are tasked to portray that city/town to whatever extent you want, learn their unique culture, the living, and what makes the city/town different from the others, take us on an adventure to that city with your shot, give us a glimpse.

You will have 24 hours to submit your photo. 2 point deduction would be applied to those who will post late. Below are the cities/towns of Finland. Thank you and Goodluck.
1361 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
Cities and Towns in Finland (Helsinki is not included):

Akaa
Alajärvi
Alavus
Espoo
Forssa
Haapajärvi
Haapavesi
Hamina
Hanko
Harjavalta
Heinola
Huittinen
Hyvinkää
Hämeenlinna
Iisalmi
Ikaalinen
Imatra
Pietarsaari
Joensuu
Jyväskylä
Jämsä
Järvenpää
Kaarina
Kajaani
Kalajoki
Kangasala
Kankaanpää
Kannus
Karkkila
Kaskinen
Kauhajoki
Kauhava
Kauniainen
Kemi
Kemijärvi
Kerava
Keuruu
Kitee
Kiuruvesi
Kokemäki
Kokkola
Kotka
Kouvola
Kristiinankaupunki
Kuhmo
Kuopio
Kurikka
Kuusamo
Lahti
Laitila
Lappeenranta
Lapua
Lieksa
Lohja
Loimaa
Loviisa
Maarianhamina
Mikkeli
Mänttä-Vilppula
Naantali
Nivala
Nokia
Nurmes
Uusikaarlepyy
Närpiö
Orimattila
Orivesi
Oulainen
Oulu
Outokumpu
Paimio
Parainen
Parkano
Pieksämäki
Pori
Porvoo
Pudasjärvi
Pyhäjärvi
Raahe
Raasepori
Raisio
Rauma
Riihimäki
Rovaniemi
Saarijärvi
Salo
Sastamala
Savonlinna
Seinäjoki
Somero
Suonenjoki
Tampere
Tornio
Turku
Ulvila
Uusikaupunki
Vaasa
Valkeakoski
Vantaa
Varkaus
Viitasaari
Virrat
Ylivieska
Ylöjärvi
Ähtäri
Äänekoski
1361 days 10 hours ago
Neme91
Jacob Morton - Finland

Today I am representing the city of Lappeenranta which is situated on the shore of the lake Saimaa in southeastern Finland very close to the Russian Border. Lappeenranta is the 13th largest city in Finland and is also a commercial centre of South-East Finland and the meeting point of the EU and Russia. Location on the southern shore of Lake Saimaa makes the city the region's centre for tourism as well as being the second most visited city by Russian tourists in Finland after Helsinki and it competes with Helsinki for the largest share of tax-free sales in Finland. Lappeenranta is a model for renewable energies and a clean living environment. Lappeenranta was the only Finnish city among the 14 finalists in the international Earth Hour City Challenge 2014, organized by WWF

To follow on that, lumber is one of Finlands biggest profits and right in the middle of Lappenranta lies the number 1 ranked sawmill in Finland. The Kaukas Samill is under the UPM company which is one of Finland's biggest and most profiting lumber companies in the nation as neighboring countries benefits off the company themselves.

With my photo I want to represent one of the backbones to Finland nature in showcasing the beauty of the wood while also giving what is the beauty of Lake Saimaa right behind me. And because this is a modeling competition, I'm gonna model the hell out of it for you guys to see I mean business.

https://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/velour001.jpeg
1361 days 10 hours ago
tswiftlover13
Naty - Turku, Finland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every time I travel to a new place I always have to check out the Museums!! The one that really stuck in my head was The Sibelius Museum in the gorgeous city of Turku!!
It's a museum of music, named after the Finnish composer Jean Sibelius. The museum is located close to Turku Cathedral in the historical city centre of Turku on the southwest coast of Finland. What makes this city different from others in the country? It is the only museum devoted to music in Finland!

In this shot I am in front of one of the statues dedicated to the late composer Jean Sibelius.
Shot: https://imgur.com/mWV1mCX
1360 days 16 hours ago
RainbowKing
Technology rules the world during this time period that we are in. Oulu is known for being a big part of the technology industry and lining the country up for some of the best industry successes. Not only does the city represent technology, but in some spots, you have a chance of seeing the northern lights.

In this photo, I am serving you eccentric, electric, and colorful eleganza to bring together the unique and captivating city of Oulu!

https://i.mdel.net/i/db/2015/3/359179/359179-800w.jpg
1360 days 16 hours ago
humanwebjet1
Ming Xi- Virrat, Finland

https://images3.imgbox.com/7d/05/dh9OqSZV_o.jpg

Virrat is known as a summer town of hundreds of lakes and for its glowing nature. The town has a population of 6727 people so it is a quiet and more intimate town than Helsinki which is known as the capital of Finland. The major lakes in the area are Toisvesi, Tarjanne, Mantta-Vippula and Ruovesi.

In this photoshoot today I wanted to capture me being in a boat looking forward to the fishing or sightsee I would be able to see on it. Also, I wanted to keep minimal makeup on my face to make it more realistic as If I were going on an actual trip.

Inspiration: https://www.virrat.fi/client/virrat/userfiles/tarjanne1775890592.jpg
1360 days 15 hours ago
Rubes
Ajak Deng Photoshoot

- Naantali Finland -

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/zFuB0V6fkpw7jVkt5prvY4OvIYtt5uXTUvf4xieoXUwCpeCn488xTVg9tdqvYyXb2OgSM8vJIizrO6jiKuh1us1__n87Y9L6bsBBBe0M16Vvb98Qd9UhubLygtaT7QcWO9dfEAZEkSXrH9-3qftmutKDpZ6EXohqv0EbIiU

“Naantali is a town in south-western Finland, known as one of the most important tourist centres of the country. The municipality has a population of 19,250 , and is located in the region of Southwest Finland, 14 kilometres west of Turku. The town encompasses a land area of 311.50 square kilometres.”

Naantali: https://www.discoveringfinland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Nuorgam000.jpg

As you can see the majority of this town is covered in green areas! So in my photo today I just wanted to represent the rural area that it is!
1360 days 15 hours ago
spinfur
==Caroline Trentini==

Nurme, Finland

This was quite a difficult challenge however I think I found something that I could really connect to as I am a huge movie buff, or really I enjoy pop culture, and one thing that really struck out to me was a little section on Nurmes' wikipedia page, saying that Nurmes was the hometown of the protagonist from the Finnish movie Mies vailla menneisyyttä (The Man Without a Past)

The movie has won multiple awards, and so I decided to take inspiration from it, and embody the plot of the movie, as the movie was about this guy getting a head injury, and having the live a homeless life throughout the countryside so in my picture today to portray that with me being prepared to live off the land, and trying to survive with my backpack of items

https://iv1.lisimg.com/image/8651319/740full-caroline-trentini.jpg
1360 days 14 hours ago
turkeylover
ஜ۩۞۩ஜ Jason Anthony ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

~ Tampere, Finland ~

For this week’s photoshoot, I wanted to go with a cute and fun approach with my inspiration. So, I found this cute little cat cafe in Tampere, Finland! A cat cafe is where it’s a cafe and there’s, like, cats and stuff. It’s super cute and totally fun! If you fly to Tampere, Finland, you can party with cats at a cat cafe called Purnauskis Cat Café! Purnauskis Cat Café was, like, one of the first cat cafes in Finland! What a trendsetter! Anyways, I took a more high fashion approach with my photo. I’m standing outside with my cat, looking, modelesque.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/03/23/e5/0323e5437472b1e1fd0cc917a0863786.jpg

https://img.pngio.com/cute-anime-gif-cute-anime-cat-gifs-cat-png-gif-220_220.gif

#Ad #Sponsored
1360 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1360 days 11 hours ago
Jerard
I will see you on August 7, 7PM EST for the panel. Thank you! x
1358 days 21 hours ago
Brandonh1
Garrett Neff//

Ajak Deng (Rubes): Ajak, I really like this shot; you are for sure, surrounded by greenery. I can see this shot being taken in your inspiration shot location. The yellow definitely makes this shot pop a little more, and I like it a lot!

Caroline Trentini (spinfur): I see where you were going and what your inspiration behind this photo is; however, I personally would have liked to see you go a different direction; this too seems a little too safe.

Jacob Morton (Neme91): Jacob, this is nice. I feel like you did a great job tying everything together with your explanation and photo itself. I do believe the wood aspect is the main focus of the picture. I would have liked you to be maybe holding the wood or sitting on it or something instead of just standing in front of it, but overall this good.

Jason Anthony (turkeylover): Similar to what I said about Caroline’s shot, this, to me, seems a little too safe. Jason, you are holding a cat outside of a building, but I would have liked to see a bit more.

Joan Smalls (RainbowKing): Joan, In my opinion, this shot here is finale worthy...this shot is something I’d see possibly represent your model division. I definitely see technology everywhere here in your photo. I do not like the “ALTA MODA” writing on the picture, but this is still a fantastic shot even with it.

Naty Chabanenko (tswiftlover13): Overall, this shot is pretty solid. I see the direction you are going in here with your shot so great job.

Ming Xi (humanwebjet1): Ming, This shot looks amazing. First off, I like your pose and the way you were looking into the camera. This shot is very commercial, but I like it.

Garrett’s Top 3 in no particular order:
- Jacob Morton
- Ajak Deng
- Joan Smalls
1358 days 15 hours ago
Rubes
Why haven’t I been messaged by the host that judges can’t see my photo? That’s a bit shocking actually but here:

https://imgur.com/a/HeY7Ujf
1358 days 14 hours ago
bambinoswag
[The Fabulous Judge Augusta's Critiques]

1. Jacob: Hmmm... well I'm going to give you kudos for clearly doing your research and I think you did a good job portraying Lappeennranta. I love the landscape of your photoshoot in particular. I think you look okay in this shot, but it's nothing special to me, especially at this point in the competition. Your face is another highlight of this shot. Overall, decent job.

2. Naty: Ugh Naty... you know I'm a fan of yours, but this really underwhelms me! I see your explanation about Turku and with all this talk about it being the city of music, it lacks that overt music theme in your photo (besides the statue). I think as always, you look stunning as a model, like your face is to die for. But even like how you're holding the statue is odd, and the statue is like staring directly at your chest. Yes, I'm being a bit nit-picky with you because I hold high expectations. :)

3. Joan: I gotta give you props Joan because you clearly took somewhat of a risk here in that this is a very bold photoshoot, but, it really lines up well with Oulu. I did my own research and it is known for its technological advancements, which you portrayed quite well. Your outfit is insane; I love it. My only issue would be that your face is a bit robotic looking (too much photoshop?) but it actually meets the tech vibe, so actually it's really a minor thing. Also, I don't like when models submit work covered in letters, but that's a personal preference. Good work!

4. Xi: I'm definitely a fan of this; it's such a departure from most of your prior shots... I feel like you give a lot of dark and mysterious shots, and this is so bright and cheery. You portrayed a boating town quite well, love your styling, body positioning, etc. No major critiques - you did well yet again.

5. Ajak: Photo clearly matches the town, love the bold colors. Dress is amazing, wish I could see a bit more of your face as it's covered. Solid submission.

6. Caroline: I'm gonna agree somewhat with Judge Garrett, in that you and Jason both kind of gave me shots that I enjoy but just aren't exemplary for this type of challenge. You took a relatively minor part of your city's vibe and made it the theme of your photo. However, I do like this shot of you to show off your modeling skills.

7. Jason: I think this shot is endearing, super cute, I do get some minor Finnish vibes here and there (the coat in particular), but it's nothing special. I do like the vibe of it and I like your styling though, but definitely could have made more of a Finland connection... although we do love a cat cafe.

TOP TWO --> Joan & Xi

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!