This site uses cookies. If you continue to browse the site, we shall assume that you accept the use of cookies.

#NTM16 - Challenge & Photoshoot (10)

Topic » #NTM16 - Challenge &..

1367 days 14 hours ago
tast519
Jon Kortajarena -

Jacob        I like how this looks like a candid of a man who’s in that lumber environment, especially with your rugged look. You showcase yourself and your environment so well. I think this is a shot to be proud of.  Great job.

Naty        As always, you look beautiful! I like how you look dramatic in your make up and like a tourist in the museum. Great work.

Joan        I think there are a lot of distractions in this photo - the text, all the lights, and the editing, they overshadow you. With that being said, when I tried my absolute best to focus in on your look, you're serving and the photo does fit well for the theme. If you make it through to next week, you need to make sure you’re not getting swallowed up by your setting because this was an otherwise strong photo.

Ming Xi        You're modeling in every inch of your body and your face is so fresh. You look like someone who's excited to get into the boat, so I think you hit this theme extremely well.

Ajak        Girl… you gotta check your links! Onto the photo… what I love about you is that you never fail to show your versatility. Your skin POPS in this scenery and your pose is so on point. Maybe this is just because I'm weird, but you seem like you're symbolizing the large building in the photo, which is extremely interesting. Overall, another solid photo.
Caroline        Interesting take on the theme! I think this photo connects to the theme and it's a great photo. Unfortunately, nearly everyone else I judged did spectacularly! You're kind of just dozing off, which works for the theme and you look beautiful, but it does mean that you're not as standout as many of the others.

Jason        You look cute and this works pretty well for the cat theme. I love your eye contact to the camera and how dynamic you and the cat are. Unfortunately, this is such a strong cycle, and like I told Caroline, you have to try harder to standout in order to win this competition.

This week, I have an obvious top 3 and bottom 3. The top 3 performed amazingly, while the bottom 3 did great, but not nearly as great as the others in my opinion.

Top 3:  Ajak, Jacob, and Ming Xi
Middle: Naty
Bottom 3: Caroline, Jason, and Joan
1367 days 13 hours ago
nikw98
Lenox's Comments

Jacob: I think this shot is great. I think where you struggle a bit here is it feels like a week 4 or 5 shot, and this is week 10. I feel like as judges, we expect a bit more from you guys and i think you have delivered week 11/12 shots before, so this isn't to put you down! I think this was a good job! You did a very nice job of tying in every part of your town and convey it correctly!

Naty: I , surprise surprise, have to agree with Augusta here. I am a huge Naty fan, but similarly to Jacobs critique, this feels like a week 5 or 6 shot. With that being said, this shot is still very solid, i just, like said to Jacob, have seen way better from you. Overall good job.

Joan: I see where my fellow judges said that the lettering is a distraction, because it definitely is, but i know that sometimes you just can't find another shot. Minus that, i think this shot is a serve. It's risky to do something that out of the box, especially for a theme like this, but based off of your description, this is fantastic. Great job well done!

Xi: I feel like we haven't really gotten a toned down shot from you in this competition. This is very different from what you typically do, and i don't think that is a bad thing at all. This is still a great shot and fits every single inch of what your description gave. Your competitors need to look behind their backs because you are such a versatile model Great job!

Ajak: I like the choice of having such a brightly colored platform beneath you because the color really pops not only with you, but with everything around you. I think when someone sees "tourist centres" they think lots of people, but i like that you went with more of a view perspective and it works well! Great job!

Caroline: I'm gonna be honest and say this wasn't my favorite. I think you submitted a great photo, but it was just... like the others said, too safe. And when we're this far into the competition, you can't submit "safe" photos. This all in all was a good job.

Jason: With me, i was looking for something more daring. A bit more out of the box. Use this theme and give us something finale worthy. This feels safe, and like i've said multiple times now, safe just won't cut it this far down the line.

Tops: Xi, Joan, Ajak
Middle: Naty and Jacob
Bottoms: Jason and Caroline
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
Sorry for the delay, my internet connection got really bad (like til now) so, the panel shall start by 9 or 9:15 PM EST. Thank you!
1367 days 12 hours ago
humanwebjet1
*stands in the lineup*
1367 days 12 hours ago
RainbowKing
You're fine boo :P
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
COMMENTS:

Jacob (Lappeenranta) - It's actually nice to read your very thorough explanation about the city, you definitely did your research and it reflected to a nice output. Now, when I look at your photo, it's very simple but reading through the explanation and connecting it the way you did was pretty nice. I must say you step it up a notch more next week because I know you can do more.

Naty (Turku) - This was actually really nice. Not one of your best though, again you look very beautiful, the connection to the theme was there, but it kinda fell flat for me. Your body positioning looks a bit weird especially the arm holding the statue. But you definitely sold that bag and worked it out. And with the colors you had, you were a standout in that pretty background.

Joan (Oulu) - What a way to come back to the competition, to prove that you are worthy of the spot once again. I'm actually not one who is bothered with simple text in the photo but I find this one a bit distracting, there was a lot going on and the text didn't help. But I must say this photo is really one that I will remember after the competition. It is unique, it's very technological, you connected it to the city really well.

Xi (Virrat) - First of all, congratulations on your huge go-sees win, you booked 80% of the job that was tasked. And Congratulations for Top 6! First of all, the colors here, the scenery looks pretty fantastic. The lighting is perfection, and I think this is very different from your other past submissions yet it still looks good. One thing, based on what I've seen with all the shots, even without the advantage this week, you're a Top 6 material.
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
Ajak (Naantali) - When submitting links, make sure it doesn't have the "googleusercontent" to it because it really can't be seen by everyone. Now onto your photo, how did you do that? The artistic and aesthetic of this shot was just mindblowing. This photo is one of your best shots hands down. You captured the beautiful scenery of what Naantali really is. Congratulations!

Caroline (Nurmes) - I really liked the inspiration you took for this photoshoot, however I think it was a bit of a stretch on how you connected it with your shot. I personally liked the photo you submitted, those piercing eyes was just to see, it was a good photo but it wasn't as strong as the others.

Jason (Tampere) - Well you also did an interesting take for this photoshoot today. First of all, even that cat looks like a model. Your photo this week wasn't as strong as your past submissions, but as you said you took on a different vibe this week. I do have to say I agree with the judges, this definitely feels like a safe photo.
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
XXCLOSEDXX
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PANEL ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1367 days 12 hours ago
tswiftlover13
*Naty lines up with the other models*
1367 days 12 hours ago
humanwebjet1
*sighs*
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
If you are currently here, do not hesitate to join in.
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
Welcome to the Panel and in my hands are the result.
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
First of all, Congratulations everyone you got to finish the go-sees! Again, even though some of you did not book many jobs, your overall output as the clients said were fantastic. So good job!
1367 days 12 hours ago
Jerard
The scores that you will get is based on:

CHALLENGE SCORE + JUDGES SCORE (from highest to lowest) = TOTAL

open group

NEXT TOP MODEL 20: Fans vs Favorites

Promote this group outside Tengaged by placing the group picture and link on your own website, group or forum!
Copy and Paste the HTML code!